All 7shifts Reviews

Jayelynn

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

PROS

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

CONS

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Replied September 2019

Ashley

Reviewed January 2024

7shifts for the win!

PROS

Getting 7Shifts set up was super easy! The process to integrate with the other platforms that we use was also very simple. This is important because not all companies have an IT department that can blow through tech set up. 7Shifts can be used by anyone.

CONS

The only complaint I have is the that you aren't able to use the tip management feature unless you use 7shifts' payroll processing as well.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

The price was right and they integrate with our tech stack.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We quit using Compeat all together so we needed to find multiple new solutions for the tech we were replacing.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to reviews@7shifts.com.

Replied January 2024

Frank

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

National Coney Island Fraser GM

PROS

Accessibility, communication as well as user friendliness and task management.

CONS

The application can be spotty for some user.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to reviews@7shifts.com.

Replied April 2024

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2019

7Shifts and More?

The team loved 7shifts since it was so user friendly and easy to access from PC or mobile. Unfortunately, forecasting is obviously a big issue when it comes to scheduling so we moved on.

PROS

I liked the messaging platform it had for teams. I enjoyed the ease of seeing team member roles. I liked the ease of seeing the daily line up of teams in different departments. I enjoyed being able to flag attendance within the app and reports generated from that.

CONS

I did not like third party app integrations that users would be automatically opted into. Forecasting was a bit clunky also unfortunately.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

We didnt. We went with HotSchedules.

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback and really appreciate you sharing with us what you liked, and what you did not like about 7shifts. In regards to sales/labor forecasting, this is something we are always looking to improve so we appreciate your candor. We strive to provide all of our customers with at least 95% accuracy in forecasting, so if this was something we have not lived up to we want to make it right and work with you to improve your experience. Please reach out to our team any time and we would be happy to help! On that note, we just released our new Optimal Labor tool which provides hourly sales forecasts which are even more intuitive and transparent. The goal here is to provide managers and operators a visual representation of their labor needs to help them more easily hit their targets with solid forecasts: https://support.7shifts.com/article/310-optimal-labor-tool

Replied November 2019

BRENDON

Reviewed March 2024

Good system but lacks basic budget

I’ve used 7shifts for a number of years. I’ve had no complaints up until the basic need of looking at dollars written to spend and also reporting showing us the difference of what we scheduled versus what we spent in dollars. I don’t need man hours I don’t need certain budget tools that they use. It’s just missing the one number that I can use as an administrator to check how my managers with their schedules.

PROS

The ease of use of using to write schedules and communication.

CONS

I want to know total dollar spend for the written schedule per day. It is lacking that basic function because it has other tools that are supposed to help you. But the tools are very complex and difficult.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

It’s name and reputation. And integrated with Toast.

Mario

Very Valuable Tool

Has been a great tool in the daily operation of our business.

PROS

The ability to mange multiple schedules. Distribute it easily. Communicate with the team. View sales and sale comparisons. Save daily logs.

CONS

Not fully integrated with POS so that we could pull individual employee sales or receipts or see PMIX reports.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

7Shifts had more features at the time and was more affordable.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to support@7shifts.com.

Ryan

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Amazing Company

PROS

I love the fact that seven shifts sets my teams up for success

CONS

I truly like everything about 7shifts. I have no issues with the product

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

better company. with more integrations resources

Nicole

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

An owners review

We've been very happy, would love to switch to payroll if we could get department breakout

PROS

Ease of looking at current schedule, putting shifts up for grabs, and changes on the fly

CONS

I can't do my schedule from my phone. That would be Soooo awesome.

Replied April 2024

Celine

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great Way to Schedule and Track Hours

PROS

I love how easy it is for me to check my schedule, update my availability, put in time off requests and communicate with team members. It’s super easy for our team to stay connected.

CONS

I don’t like that it will log me off randomly, since it is something that I use every day. I also don’t like that the hours tracker has just stopped working. It was a great way to track my finances and budget.

Replied May 2024

Chef Steven

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers

I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

PROS

- Very Short Learning Curve - The App is very stable and accurate - Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience - With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat. - Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

CONS

As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

As a power Excel user, the task of building repetition and ease of use was not a problem, even the integration of sales, not a problem. However, staff engagement and tracking days off and availability was a problem.

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

Replied November 2019

Reviewed August 2021

Stacked and Folded Social House Review of 7Shifts

Overall it is a solid product, very happy with it!! I feel it blows Hot Schedules out of the water!!

PROS

Ease of use, lay out, certain reports. Ease for staff to communicate and input their availability and time off requests. It is user friendly on the front end.

CONS

Better labor forecasting, actual v forecasted, Day part labor separation ( lunch v dinner) and real-time labor v forecasted v last week ( or last quarter or last year). Being able to break down the sales by day part along with labor would be fantastic. Also the "optimal labor" tool is pretty weak and the graph used is not helpful. Tip pooling or tip reporting enhancements. I have three cashiers on, having them the program able to split up the group tips by hours worked on that shift.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

I liked the way it looked, the ease of learning it and the great support staff when we first started!!! Their patience and understanding was just awesome!!!

Thanks for the review Chris!

Replied September 2021

Stephanie

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Exactly what we were looking for

Support is phenomenal, and I find the program very user friendly. It was exactly what we were looking for.

PROS

It was critical for us to find software that would track each employee's unique schedule availability and limitations, and allow each other to automatically see the shift pool. It has reduced headaches and made team communications about the schedule virtually seamless.

CONS

We are missing the ability to see which manager makes what changes to already published schedules - it would be nice to have a "versions" page to see who made what switches. We would also like a bit more robust availability planning capability. Some of our staff can only work seasonally, others who work every other weekend - it would be nice to be able to set this up.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

7Shifts offered so many features in the premium level, for about $10 more than what we were paying with our previous software. It also really mattered that 7Shifts doesn't charge per employee. We have room to grow without exponentially increasing related expenses.

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed review Stephanie! I sent this to a few members of our team and all of them were blown away by your feedback. We really appreciate it. To your feedback regarding which managers make changes to the schedule, you have the ability to see some of this in the Audit Log which you have access to in your account. You can learn more about it here: https://support.7shifts.com/article/256-activity-log However, we our team agrees that this probably won't satisfy exactly what you are looking for, so we add added it to our development backlog to consider. Thanks again for your feedback and congratulations on all the success you are having with 7shifts!

Replied June 2021

Andreina

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Potential

So Far it has worked for our company, hopefully we can further develop our usage.

PROS

The software has a lot of potentials to be great, the best part of it is the integration with POS so we can have real-time data.

CONS

There are sections like time-sheets that are unnecessarily hard and not user-friendly.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Did not like the Fourth interface.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

The software was very user-friendly but the app itself keeps crashing or lagging delaying our process when doing scheduling and payroll.

Thanks for the review Andreina! As you mentioned, we look forward to showing you the full potential of how 7shifts can help your restaurant. As such, your dedicated success manager to see how they can help you out :)

Replied September 2021

Joshua

Reviewed November 2020

Great system and developing nicely

Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

PROS

During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

CONS

It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Didn't need the expensive convoluted system that was Hotschedules. & shifts was integrated somewhat with our current POS system and much less expensive.

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

Replied November 2020

Jeremy

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Better than other scheduling apps

PROS

Setting up availabilities and scheduling is very easy and helpful.

CONS

Sometimes there'll be a notification even though the notification has already been resolved.

Reason for choosing 7shifts

Cheaper, user-friendly and does a lot of the tasks I wanted to be done.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Homebase was not as functional and user-friendly as 7shifts appears to be.

Allison

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A good product with room for improvement

PROS

The scheduling portion is pretty easy. I like that I can copy from one week to the other, and that I can get a "warning" if someone has asked for time off or is not available. The newer on-boarding package features are really helpful. I like that we can add time off policies. The announcement feature is nice and I like and that it has read receipts. There are quite a few features to 7shifts, and I don't even use all of them, but it's nice to know they are there. Overall, 7 Shifts helps me to keep organized and streamline my processes. It saves me a lot of time!

CONS

I like to print off the time off calendar so my staff can see who has time off, but it is not currently printer friendly. I have to take a screen shot of the page, then crop it and print. I wish the calendar could be downloaded as a PDF. We often have glitchy issues with the 7shifts app. For instance, I never get notified of time off requests, even though I have push notifications and email turned on. My staff often tells me that they can't swap shifts because the app is glitching out. I also wish that if an employee is flagged "sick" for their shift, but their shift got covered, that the app would not send me, and the person who is sick, notifications that they haven't punched in for their shift. That is very annoying. I am not a fan of the new time clocking reports they are trying out. It is confusing and does not provide a clear picture of total hours nor can I print off a time sheet for someone to correct. It's not a good "update" at all. I think 7shifts has so many features, and they seem to be always adding new ones, that they might be having a hard time optimizing the ones they already have.

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to support@7shifts.com for any extra feedback or questions.

Kaitlin

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Keep up the good work!

Overall 7shifts is the best scheduling software I have worked with (schedule fly, day force, written schedules). I would say the best part of the company is that they truly care about their clients and take the time to do serves like this one to keep in the know about customer satisfaction and are always striving to improve the product to adapt to all the industries they serve. Keep on doing what you are doing, it's working!

PROS

It is very user friendly. Schedules are easily created and notifications are sent to employees if any changes are made. This eliminates me having to individually reach out to employees. I also love the announcement board for when I need to inform my crew of changes to the menu or any other operational changes.

CONS

When inputting events into the calendar it would be nice to have more formating options. Ex. Type of event, time frame (if it extends past 12am making it so it doesn't show on the calendar for the next day) Also when employees try to book time off outside of the allotted time frame it would be nice if the admin still got notified since most employees just text you about it anyways. Perhaps the message could say "your time off request has been submitted but it is outside of the scheduling time frame therefore it cannot be guaranteed" or something like that.

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words and detailed feedback Kaitlin. We love working with you and the rest of the Drift team and can't wait until we can come visit you soon.

Replied November 2020