7shifts

7shifts Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The staff love the ease of clocking in and out too. It integrates well with our other systems."
  • icon"7shifts and 7tasks offers many great tools to better manage employees. My favorite features are, the free app for employees, the simplistic UI, and the well organized statistics."
  • icon"We like the app were we can pull it up on our phones to check schedules and it also integrates with our POS system so we can see what time an employee punched in or if they haven't arrived."
  • icon"When people can chat too easily, they will often abuse the system--something that was avoidable in the pen and paper days."
  • icon"Sometimes the notifications will mess up and I won’t know when my schedule is released or when an upcoming shift is about to start."
  • icon"7shifts makes communication too easy, something that can be abused by both management and the team."

All 7shifts Reviews

Ben

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

August 2022

The best out there.

Leandro

7 Shifts for restaurant schedule Management

My managers and employees love it.

Pros

It is easy to use and anybody with a phone can have easy access to their schedule, send messages using it, and letting anybody know about changes. It is a very practical and professional tool for the schedules that we use in our Restaurant. We have the scheduling available on our P/R processor, but we prefer to pay for this service as it is more agile and practical than our P/R company.

Cons

To be honest, I do not have any complaints, but we only use the scheduling module as we have other systems.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Paycom is not practical and is not linked to cellphone numbers.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Leandro! It's great to hear that even though you have the option, you see so much value in 7shifts that it goes above and beyond what is offered to you in your payroll provide. Know that we will always be looking to increase the value of our services for folks like yourself. Cheers!

Replied November 2020

Tracy

Great for small business with lots of moving parts!

It pays for itself in employee management. Time off, scheduling, basic HR tasks (address, phone #, hire date, etc.) are great things to utilize.

Pros

I absolutely adore 7Shifts. To start off with a HUGE bonus, they have a free app for employees, so that already helps get this software in the pockets of those you're reaching. I only have 10 employees, but they are all being pulled in different directions/departments, so we're able to keep up with time off requests, coordinate with other managers and see what shifts covered where all in one place. It's incredibly easy to use once you get used to it!

Cons

I don't like that you can't post events for certain departments. Ex: the taproom has trivia on Wednesday. The Brewery has a brew day, cleaning, etc. scheduled and there's not a brewery specific place to post. This is small, but something that would help. I would also LOVE an end of day logbook feature.

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

Price, ease of use, had features I needed.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We were using a spreadsheet and it was getting impossible to keep up with the schedule. I went from a basic spread sheet, taking about an hour to schedule 8 employees to now 20 minutes tops across 3 departments.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the detailed review Tracy! We love your feedback and am happy to hear that 7shifts has provided so much value to your business.

Danielle

7Shifts simplified scheduling, switching shifts, and communication

I was able to ensure that in the event I would need pick up a shift for more hours, or have someone else cover a shift for me, I could do that quickly and efficiently with the software.

Pros

The ability to have a clear view of shifts for the week, as well as who I was scheduled to work with. I was also able to find co-workers contact info in case something came up and I needed to switch shifts. Very helpful.

Cons

Not sure if anything was missing. We used a different software for payroll and time tracking, but even in 7 shifts I was able to see quickly the number of hours I was collectively scheduled for the upcoming week.

jose luis

7 shit

Pros

Las caracteristica en las tareas al planificar

Cons

Lento en la.carga de muchos datos,se bloqueea

Aliya

August 2022

I absolutely love 7shifts!

Never had a single issue! Easy to use, navigate, trouble shoot, and I would recommend it to a friend!

Pros

7shifts is easy to navigate for all, easily accessible, And free of charge in the App Store. This app made it easy to stay organized and worked quickly to do so.

Cons

I love absolutely everything about 7shifts!

Response from 7shifts

You love to hear it. Thanks so much for the kind words Aliya :)

Replied August 2022

Best scheduling / timesheet app to date!

Support has been amazingly helpful and all around compassionate. Makes us happy to feel like we're a part of a community where our concerns are heard.

Pros

Responsiveness. Ease of use. Employees not complaining for once!

Cons

With scheduling, we have staff that want to have the same recurring shift week to week. This changes often so having a template for a time period versus just a person is proving difficult. Staff keep saying "but I thought that was my shift every week?" What's happening is, they offered their shift to someone else so when we copy the prior week to a new week, the wrong employee gets assigned the shift. This is getting hard to manage. Need the ability to print out day schedules the same way weekly ones look. We print our schedules out daily and assign breaks from them plus we leave notes about the day. Currently the only option to print a day view is in list mode and that does not show you visually where holes in scheduling are. We did find a way around it by printing the day view from the manager dashboard but that prints out the website not just the schedule. We close out pay periods but they are still just sitting there as open, so that's confusing. I wish we could name our group chats and create multiple versions with the same people. We like having group chats around topics to keep messages separate and easy to reference.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Stability. Mobile-friendly needs. Usability.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the super detailed review. Please feel free to share this directly with our team at support@7shifts.com so we can work with you to make these suggested improvements!

Jayelynn

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

Pros

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Cons

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

7shifts was less expensive and much easier to use plus it integrated with our point of sale system.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Replied September 2019

Ryan

7 Shifts Review

From the beginning of the free trial that the support team set us up, to the end of the trial just showed how great of a program 7 shifts is. My employees are already raving about it and how easy the phone app is too. The program is great and so is the customer service from the support team.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, speed, responsiveness, price, does exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Can't think of a con...just a great program

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

It just seemed like the best product for the price...and again the customer service was great too.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Ryan! We're excited to hear that 7shifts has been easy to setup and that you and your staff are loving it. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding our customer service. We take the support we provide our clients very seriously so it mean a lot to us to hear that it has been a benefit to you. All the best!

Replied May 2019

Katherine

October 2022

Pros

7 shifts allows real time updates to schedules. Allows you to trade shifts and

Cons

There is Nothing that has come up that I don’t like.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Growth of company; looking for a more efficient scheduling process

Markeyaira

I highly recommend

Pros

I love the overall app. It has everything in one spot. Your time, your schedule, & you can even communicate with your co-workers

Cons

Nothing

High powered timekeeping for low entry cost.

7punches is high powered, low cost product that was very easy to launch company wide.

Pros

7shifts has a great entry level price point for small organizations and companies. It is accessible, durable and transparent. It instills team confidence with employees when they can track their timesheets in real time and communicate quickly with management and colleagues through the application negating the need to maintain posted call sheets or add contacts to personal mobile devices.

Cons

7shifts cannot lock or protect a current schedule once its posted. You must use great caution when editing schedules online or on a mobile device that you are actually editing the correct day and date. If your scheduling manager is distracted during the edit process for a future week it is possible to mistakenly edit (and publish) a current week. Additionally, it would be helpful for the software to utilize a biometric reader in 7punches thereby eliminated the 4 digit code requirement.

Low cost fast start.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

We are a seasonal tourist destination and it made sense to switch to a provider that didn't require 12 month commitments.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review David!

Tom

Game changing app!

Overall it’s great! Customer service is my biggest reason for using 7shifts!!!! Questions get addressed the same day! If there’s a glitch or a feature request, they listen and will try to implement on their next update. This app has come a long way. The app is ever evolving and I see new features being added from time to time. Love the support and love the evolution. Price is also fair. 100% will recommend to any businesses!

Pros

A super all-in-one app that does pretty much everything. Scheduling, to time clocking, to event calendar, to messaging, to task assigning. Price is fair and function is easy to use.

Cons

Messaging within the app is slow and unreliable. Amount of notifications received is too much and not easily customizable. Not having the ability to show a staff’s shift from another department that work multiple departments when printing is kind of a bummer (if I am scheduled to work as a manager in admin department, I will not show up in the restaurant department even though I am assigned and appear on schedule).

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

Price was the biggest decision maker. Ease of use. And the fact the dev team listen and evolve to make the end user’s experience better is the key reason for the switch. I’ve already seen over 10 major upgrades over the past 2 years. No other products out there can do what 7shifts can!

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

I started with Microsoft excel. It’s free, but you get what you paid for. Workarounds after workarounds. Then I tried “when I work”. It’s great, but they charge by the employee, which gets pretty expensive after 50+ people. MakeShift was recommended by our payroll company because our time clock is sync’d with MakeShift so we can effectively use labour forecast vs actual labour. But that’s the only thing good about it. Hate the fact I need to use 3 different apps - 1 for manager, 1 for staff scheduling and 1 for messenging… price is also higher too. 7shifts’s pricing is excellent. Flat fee, unlimited employees was huge. Plus the functions available was almost perfect! It hits every check mark and then some. If our time clock data (ADP) can be uploaded to 7shifts or have an integration between the two, that would be a dream come true!

Response from 7shifts

Tom, thank you SO much for such a detailed review with so much thought and consideration - our entire team really appreciates it and looks forward to providing your business with value for years to come.

Mahmud

All in one

Great customer service, easy to use

Pros

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience. User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

Cons

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

Easy of use, lots of capabilities, communication with team members very easily, free text message automatically daily reminders to employees for their upcoming shift

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

Hard to use, bad customer service, behind todays technology

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Replied February 2021

Leslie

Best Decision

I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc) Employees can access by phone or computer Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

The innovative team thinks very progressively with amazing customer service and wanted to hear what we needed and didn't like in a scheduling program. The continue to seek input and encourage us to make product suggestions which we see get developed and benefit all users.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

The change from a paper schedule to electronic schedule was a big move and made things so much easier. Then the forecasting increased the benefit; although, when the company focused on getting more to sign up and stopped listening to the issues and stopped trying to keep improving their product, we couldn't justify the extra cost. We needed the program to do more and stay up with technology.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Replied December 2019

Keith

Love 7Shifts!

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

Pros

I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members.

Cons

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

Reasons for choosing 7shifts

The team at 7Shifts was always there when I had a question and made the integration process seamless.

Reasons for switching to 7shifts

HotSchedules was to cumbersome and slow. They charged for the app. They were slow to change and very expensive.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Replied November 2019