What are Authorize.Net users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Authorize.Net software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy awesome way to have your payments run through your merchant account. We have ours integrated with a billing system and it run's smoothly with virtually zero problems."
  • icon"This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support."
  • icon"We like that the integration, management, and overall quality of the software is great."
  • icon"Can be difficult to navigate, especially on mobile. We have also had some fraudulent transactions that the system did not notify us of."
  • icon"Could be a card reader issue but it makes it very difficult if you have a line of customers and you have to re-pair the device."
  • icon"Earlier this year we realized tons of valid donations had been declined because a fraud detection setting was limiting hte number of transactions allowed per day."

Browse all Authorize.Net Reviews

• Have you used Authorize.Net and would like to share your experience with others?

Danielle

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Simple payment gateway

Sonny Tee Influencer

Simple and Easy To Deploy

Overall, after the initial phone calls and emailing documents, its been a pleasure using the service. No headaches and it just sits in the background doing what its supposed to be doing.

Pros

I like the ease of use. and ease of deployment of the service. my main reason for using it is because ITS not all the other providers out there. its a REAL merchant account.

Cons

The actual process to get approved is LONG and kind of a pain because it is a REAL merchant account, they also do a hard pull on your credit, which was less t Han ideal but a pessary evil to get the service.

Reasons for switching to Authorize.Net

because the internet providers are too wishy washy and expensive and at the end of the day they are not a REAL BUSINESS SOLUTION for the online Merchant.

Joe

A Bit Dated, But Functional

Overall, positive experience. Had one day where the servers went down and were unable to take payment for a couple hours. Other than that, zero outages or complaints.

Pros

We've had very little problems with fraudulent payment attempts. Security settings are quite customizable and ease of setup is good.

Cons

The interface is a little outdated. Other processors like Square and Stripe feel more sleek and modern, more navigable.

Reasons for choosing Authorize.Net

Ease of setup with our software and employees familiarity of Authorize.

Gets the Job Done

Fine. It gets the job done. I havent worked with any other credit card processors, so I dont have much to compare with.

Pros

It gets the job done. Processes credit card transactions effectively, securely, and has decent reporting tools.

Cons

We've had some issues with settings in the past that were not clear to us. Earlier this year we realized tons of valid donations had been declined because a fraud detection setting was limiting hte number of transactions allowed per day. We didnt even know about it until we got complaints and dug in to see what was going on. Would have been nice if someone noticed that hundreds of transactions were being declined and contacted us to let us know. We also have an issue where a setting to sent receipts automatically is flipped off because we send customized branded receipts, but they are still sent. I contacted customer service and they basically just said, well the setting is off so it should be fine. But I still get the automated receipts for every transaction.

Josh

Slow Payments, Convoluted Explanations for Account Use

Overall, Authorize.net has some benefits like customer trust and fraud prevention and if you are good at code, it might be great for you. Otherwise it seems a little outdated and complicated to set up and use beyond their automated features.

Pros

I do like that Authorize.net is pretty widespread in its use, and that I feel I can implement it in a variety of mediums including SuiteDash CRM and Payments, my website, etc. It is rather versatile in that sense and allows for customization or more simplicity if needed.

Cons

If you are doing anything beyond setting up Authorize.net with them directly and having them manage your processor, it is really difficult to figure out what to do and what you need. Customer service is great, but I prefer to just get things done on my own without multiple phone calls to set things up. Payments come slowly and it just overall feels really outdated for me.

Reasons for choosing Authorize.Net

I actually use both now, and generally prefer Venmo, but it depends on the circumstance and platform I am using.

Reasons for switching to Authorize.Net

Square continued freezing my account for no reason and it was incredibly frustrating.

Alexa

Industry: Textiles

April 2022

Payment Processor Easy to Use

Pros

Easily connects to backend of websites. Stores credit cards as tokens and is safe and easy

Cons

Hard to find transactions, have to know the last 4 of the credit card and the date the credit card was processed.

Reasons for choosing Authorize.Net

We use all payment options, but Authorize was the easiest to connect to our 3rd party platform.

Sara

Industry: Performing Arts

March 2022

Authorize.net easy to navigate and great support

Authorize.net is always there in the background of every credit card transaction whether online or in person, but you never notice it because it integrates so seamlessly with all my other programs

Pros

Authorize.net is very easy to navigate as an admin, you can set up parameters and change company info on your own without support, but if you do need support, the support team is easy to contact and very helpful. Also the reporting is easy and comprehensive.

Cons

The set up with my bank was a bit cumbersome, perhaps because we have a Hawaii bank? The time difference between where authorize.net is located and Hawaii caused a couple of reconciliation problems until I realized that some of yesterdays transactions are on todays reports, once I figured that out the reporting was a breeze.

Reasons for choosing Authorize.Net

The ticketing system we were using at the time required us to switch to Authorize.net due to their high level of PCI compliance

Keith

Payment Gateway But Not Exactly a Payment Processor

Although I liked the flexibility of a separate CC processor and gateway with Authorize.Net, I ultimately switched to a different provider that could provide full service payment processing and gateway services all together. I may be paying slightly higher processing fees, it is just easier to have it all together in one place.

Pros

At one time Authorize.Net was only one of a handful of payment gateways for small business. They do that well and have a feature-rich customer portal. They are also widely supported by the various eCommerce platforms.

Cons

Be aware that Authorize.Net is not a CC card processor but a payment gateway that can be paired with a CC processor. There are a many one-stop alternatives available today. You might be able to get a better discount rate with a CC processor/Authorize.Net combo, but it is certainly more hassle.

Reasons for choosing Authorize.Net

I ultimately switched to Braintree for CC processing, PayPal processing, and payment gateway all in one place.

Basic processor

We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

Victor

June 2022

Great app, very reliable Gateway

Pros

Easy to implement, easy to use, very secure, great support I love that we have the ability to configure FRAUD traps and that help us to check flagged transactions.

Cons

I really do not have anything to ask. So far we have all functionalities we need.

Reasons for switching to Authorize.Net

Orbitel do not offer any alert on possible fraudulent transactions.

Reliable payment processing

We use Authorize.net as payment processor in 3 different applications that we use to accept credit card payments. Their API is compatible with the different software and is reliable without downtime.

Pros

Authorize.net is compatible with all of the different cashiering software that we use. It is reliable and I don't know of any outages or problems processing cards or transactions. It is easy to create an account and get started.

Cons

It can be difficult to understand how to setup and use their API if you are doing your own programing and their admin website is not that easy to use when changing settings on your account. They are often changing their API for increased security but that comes with the inconvenience of reprogramming your API interface.

May 2022

Fastest and Easiest to accept credit cards

Pros

Authrize.net is so simple to use and you can start accepting credit cards instantly and get your deposits fast. It's the easies out there.

Cons

Authroize.net in our work place has been smooth and have not had any issues so far.

Dapree

Industry: Graphic Design

Payment Authority

Pros

I liked most the ease of use and the many functions available to facilitate payments. I felt like I was in full control over how the payment flow went

Cons

I didn't like the cost of the software and the lack of support offered to make payments for the software easier

Carlos

Authorize.net is one of the easier merchants I've been able to integrate into my eCommerce Business!

Pros

The fact that it is compatible with WordPress makes my life a lot easier. The per transaction fees are very competitive as well.

Cons

Monthly fees are always a con. It would be great to have fees strictly calculated based upon volume of sales.

It's been great for our business

Authorize.net has been super simple and straight forward to use. I've been able to cancel a charge that was made in error before it even hit a card. I get full details of who is purchasing and how much. I can look up transactions easily. It's been a great second backup system for us as far as credit card records. It's been very easy to implement on our website and we've been very happy.

Pros

I have loved using Authorize.net. Often I have to go back thru our credit card records to check how much was charged or how much was refunded. It's great to be able to look up via credit card number or names. Customer service has always been excellent whenever I've needed to contact them. I also like that I'm able to run reports of all of our transactions when I'm trying to compartmentalized different amounts and categories. It works well with our registration system.

Cons

I wish that we were able to issue refunds after the 3 month period. I know we can lose some of our security measures to allow our system to automatically refund but we don't want to do that. Instead we take the cc number and manually enter it into a different refund system for those return that are past 3 months. I think the security issue is a mandated issue and there is not much Authorize can do. I do wish the downloads went to a simpler to read excel format but I tend to take the CSV file and do what I need to do to make it work.

Brian

Very Useful CC Gateway

Authorize.net is really a payment gateway for your site or business. We have utilized the mobile application for 1 off transactions and have been pleased with how it works. It is not made to be your whole inventory tracker in the least bit, but it does its job for the occasional transaction. We have been using the gateway on our sites for years. We have used Magento, and WooCommerce and now Shopify for our site. We did have some issues with WooCommerce and finding plugins for the payment gateway that worked for all we needed it to. That being said, for the majority of the time it has worked. Thank you

Pros

It really has never failed us when utilizing the application to run transactions on the go. It has worked for us for years.

Cons

Integrations with WooCommerce has proven difficult at times. We have utilized the official plugin for some time, but that has recently started to have problems for us. We ended up switching to a new backend for our site. We'll probably still be utilizing Authorize.net though.

Keyana

Gets the job done with hardly any issues ever.

Pros

Authorize.net is our payment gateway, as we are a company that runs several credit card transactions daily. The fees are minimal, the customer service has always been great (even if, at times, the reasons I had to call we're not so great), and the website is about the simplest one I've ever used, considering all of the information it processes. We don't use any POS devices, just the website, but that's still MORE than enough for us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit ARB subscriptions; for example, if I want to simply change the date that a customer's auto-charge runs, I have to actually delete the whole thing, and create a new one to reflect the date change. That's pretty annoying, but for a website that hasn't really changed much in the 12 years since I first began using it, I can only expect so much at this point.

Kenneth

Industry: Military

AUTHORIZE FOR NON PROFIT DONATION MANAGEMENT/PROCESSING

Customer service and adaptability of the system with our CRM has been very positive for us. When we adopted our new CRM system along with the the hosted website managed by the same CRM system, we were not sure how everything would integrate, but our donation links and sponsorship links that take contributors directly to Authorize for processing have never let us down.

Pros

Authorize integrated flawlessly with our CRM system. It was one of several options for donor management and processing that was compatable with our CRM. We researched each available system and Authorize was both suggested by a fellow non profit as well as seemed to meet our requirements.

Cons

Transaction charges seem to be the biggest issue that we have. There are industry averages for processing various cards, and Authorize is on par with other systems. It is unfortunate that Authorize does not offer a non-profit processing rate or possibly a flat rate that is well below what would be offered to a for profit organization.

Corinne

Adequate Payment Gateway

Overall, I think there is a reason nearly every organization I've worked with uses this payment gateway. It works well and is fairly intuitive.

Pros

I've used Authorize.net as a payment gateway at multiple organizations. It is fairly easy to use and intuitive when it comes to basic functions like payment processing, refunds, looking up transactions. They have a live chat customer support feature which is really handy.

Cons

The security features can be very confusing and the resources they have for explaining them are adequate but could be a little more clear. Sometimes the instructions on their FAQs dont seem to match what I actually see on my screen, so I've had to reach out to customer support for pretty basic stuff. Luckily their customer service is pretty good.

Katharine

Authorize.net is a good standard for authorization terminals!

It allows for our business to run far more smoothly in contrast with our clunky patron CRM software. It's a solid product to use and while it has it's flaws, is nothing short of consistent. Less frills and smooth than Square but in many ways far more direct and clear.

Pros

- Very easy to use towards transactions, refunds and troubleshooting any and all patron issues within our site. -Allows to run reports for settled transaction, dispute declined transactions and see where fraudulent purchased might occur. - Has access to extended actions that allow us to void transactions, go into our accounts linked to the terminal and locate specific details we cannot always locate otherwise.

Cons

-Can be a bit slow with processing requests or locating specific transactions. -Is temperamental with the variables (i.e. first, last name, zip code, etc.) when running reports. Have to be careful when entering data, must be exact or actions may not always be carried out clearly. -Running reports will not show transactions within the last business day, setlled or unsettled. -Processing refunds has a 90 day limit.

Jamie

Authorize.net!

Pros

The greatest thing about Authorize.net is that their merchant portal is so easy to navigate. If we need to void, issue refunds, or manually authorize a card-- it's so easy to do and find on the left-hand side of the website. If there is something we're not able to quickly do, their FAQ/help page/customer support is great. Receipts/confirmations are automatically sent to the internal contacts that we've chosen--there's even an option to send the receipts directly to the customer. This program is incorporated into our other main software (ShopVox) and works seamlessly.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about this software.

Brittany

Easy to use and safe!

Pros

It was very simple to set up and implement on our clients' sites. We also chose this as our payment portal because it is very safe for the customers' information.

Cons

The only thing I did not like is when they updated their platform we had to make changes to the code ourselves which caused some hiccups on our end, other than that no issues.

allie

Decent Merchant Services

As I mentioned above, it integrates well with our website and is easy to do transactions on the app. It's nice not to have to worry about merging systems.

Pros

I like that Authorize.net is easy to integrate into our website and other things that we use to accept money. It makes it seamless when needing to do event registration. They also have a great app you can download and use for transactions which I really like and has been a simple way for us to take money at events. Definitely recommend.

Cons

I haven't found anything with the software I don't like. It seems to be good for our needs and we don't plan to switch anytime.

Katherine

Authorize is a Must for Fundraising

Authorize allows our office to be efficent in collecting payments for our campaigns and track donors. It also is a quick way to look up past payments in the transaction search-- a feature we use weekly!

Pros

Our office can do everything with Authorize.net...track payments, set up recuuring billing, recharge community members. Our favorite feature is how we get an email everytime someone uses the credit card form on our website so we do not have to go into Authroize.net to pull up information.

Cons

Our office would benefit from the last 4 digits of the credit card in the email that is sent to us after someone makes a payment.

A wonderful way to process payments

Pros

This software makes it so easy to process payments. It was very easy for us to build the bridge between our main software and authorize.net to process all payments through them. The website requires no training and doesn't have a million options of choices to pick from like some do- everything is very self explanatory! Their customer service is great and gets back to you quickly.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Authorize.net except the reports. They are very confusing and it is hard to know which report you are supposed to be using and when. They don't provide a great description of each report.

Authorize.Net