• Pros

• "This software is so easy to use. I love that it can store credit cards or I can store them on my own depending on what you want. I love the reports."

• "I have used Authorize.Net for about 2 years now and I have rarely ran into any problems. I love the clean format and it's easy to get the job done. I would recommend this product."

• "Ease of use and the capabilities it has. Nice easy sign on, very ease and useful search options. "

• Cons

• "Setup and dashboard can be situationally daunting, but once you get up and running it's generally smooth sailing. Tools/reports interface could be cleaner and better organized."

• "As with many large companies, getting actual personal support can be a nightmare. But, the online resources for help are pretty good."

• "I don't care for the password reset functionality, but customer service is helpful if you ever find yourself in a bind."

Browse Authorize.Net Reviews

Keyana from IntuitSolutions

Gets the job done with hardly any issues ever.

Pros

Authorize.net is our payment gateway, as we are a company that runs several credit card transactions daily. The fees are minimal, the customer service has always been great (even if, at times, the reasons I had to call we're not so great), and the website is about the simplest one I've ever used, considering all of the information it processes. We don't use any POS devices, just the website, but that's still MORE than enough for us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to edit ARB subscriptions; for example, if I want to simply change the date that a customer's auto-charge runs, I have to actually delete the whole thing, and create a new one to reflect the date change. That's pretty annoying, but for a website that hasn't really changed much in the 12 years since I first began using it, I can only expect so much at this point.

Brian from HEALTHandMED.com

Very Useful CC Gateway

Authorize.net is really a payment gateway for your site or business. We have utilized the mobile application for 1 off transactions and have been pleased with how it works. It is not made to be your whole inventory tracker in the least bit, but it does its job for the occasional transaction. We have been using the gateway on our sites for years. We have used Magento, and WooCommerce and now Shopify for our site. We did have some issues with WooCommerce and finding plugins for the payment gateway that worked for all we needed it to. That being said, for the majority of the time it has worked. Thank you

Pros

It really has never failed us when utilizing the application to run transactions on the go. It has worked for us for years.

Cons

Integrations with WooCommerce has proven difficult at times. We have utilized the official plugin for some time, but that has recently started to have problems for us. We ended up switching to a new backend for our site. We'll probably still be utilizing Authorize.net though.

If I could give support more stars...

When working with Shopify and other e-commerce solutions, I've had to get a processing gateway up and running for several clients. On occasion I've worked with businesses considered "high risk", so many processors wouldn't touch them. Authorize.Net not only enabled these risk companies to build an online presence, but the customer support team have gone above and beyond on several occasions to ensure all of my clients needs have been met.

Pros

Generally setup is straight forward and uneventful for e-commerce situations, fees are within average ranges. Best pro is their flexibility in working with businesses that other payment processors won't touch. Near one-click integration with some platforms. Very few issues over the years, clients have been very content and never have had issues getting in touch with their reps.

Jay from Kyber Digital

Holds Funds like PayPal Does - Avoid.

I'm not saying that Authorize.net does not work for everybody. But the digital marketer is in particular I would steer clear because it has the same issues that PayPal exhibits were sometimes a hold your funds for no reason and you have to fight to get them. Youre flagged as high risk I was a customer with Authorize.net for about three months and I was approved for ACH bank transfers by their credit team. I put two of them through and all of a sudden my bank transfer account was shut down and they didn't tell me why other than my account was deemed high-risk by their bank and no matter what I did it would never be reopened ever. To my knowledge the only thing that makes it high-risk is that I charged about $5k in two days - Which I told the underwriter team was my norm before I signed up. They knew how much money I would be processing each month. They also told me that my business model wasn't elibigile for bank transfers. My clients couldn't even ask for a refund. All they could do was dispute the charges that were on hold and if they did that it would hurt my account and my credit. To this day they still have about $4400 of my money that I will not get until the end of January if my account is in good standing. Well I shut down the account and moved over to QuickBooks so hopefully I get paid. Again I'm doing recurring bank transfers with my client so this might not be the case for everybody and this might be great for credit card transactions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up recurring payments and sync with my webmaster.

Cons

- The UI is extremely outdated and looks like it's from the early 2000s. - Your invoices are not customizable and they look tacky - Navigating around the menu is not user-friendly as finding where you're trying to go and can be difficult - Customer support is not the greatest and sometimes I can't help you with your problems or get back to you in a timely matter

Reasons for Choosing Authorize.Net

I moved to QuickBooks.

Authorize.net Review

Authorize.net helps us take and track payments. We have been using it for 8+ years with my company and haven't had many issues. We use it with several different POS systems and the support provided whenever there are issues is great. They have one of the most effective chat for help options I have ever used.

Pros

Authorize.net makes it super easy to take payments through our ticketing system. If we weren't able to link these programs getting payments would take a lot more effort, but this provides ease for the front and back end.

Cons

The software uses another third party processor that adds additional fees, but overall doesn't harm the effectiveness of the program.

Dave from Moonlight Technology

Industry: Information Services

My go to payment processor

Overall, highly recommended. We've never had any serious issues with Authorize.Net's service.

Pros

We have been using Authorize.Net for years on our customer eCommerce sites. Setup is easy and payments are secure.

Cons

If a problem arises, our customers normally contact Authorize directly by phone. They won't usually respond to me directly since I am not the account holder. As the IT contact for our customers, it would be nice to more easily be able to contact Authorize without having to go through the customer for technical issues.

Maricela from TPI

Industry: Warehousing

Secure Credit Card Processor!

Pros

Processing credit card payments with Authorize.Net gives our customer's the piece of mind they need. Information is kept secure and ultimately protect us from fraudulent charges.

Cons

It's pricey, from set up, monthly as well as per transaction percentage.

Tracy from SASid, Inc.

Efficient and User Friendly

Very user friendly and efficient. Instant gratification when searching for transactions or processing new ones.

Pros

As someone who works with people all over the nation it's nice to be able to search for transactions via the software if a charge comes up that is in question. I also love that you can send the client a receipt or transcript showing details of the charge.

Cons

I haven't encounter anything negative about the software. At first, when I went to search for a transaction, I didn't realize the Settled vs. Unsettled options so sometimes nothing would come up. Once I knew I had different options it was a piece of cake.

Lori from Wonderful News Radio, Inc

Authorize.net

It's been good. Very stable and it integrates with our donor software.

Pros

Easy to use, prices/fees are reasonable. Customer service is good, I've used the online chat and they have been quick to reply and you don't end up waiting in a cue forever.

Cons

The mobile app isn't awfully user friendly to use although some of that might be that our ipad is older and sometimes its been glitchy

It's been great for our business

Authorize.net has been super simple and straight forward to use. I've been able to cancel a charge that was made in error before it even hit a card. I get full details of who is purchasing and how much. I can look up transactions easily. It's been a great second backup system for us as far as credit card records. It's been very easy to implement on our website and we've been very happy.

Pros

I have loved using Authorize.net. Often I have to go back thru our credit card records to check how much was charged or how much was refunded. It's great to be able to look up via credit card number or names. Customer service has always been excellent whenever I've needed to contact them. I also like that I'm able to run reports of all of our transactions when I'm trying to compartmentalized different amounts and categories. It works well with our registration system.

Cons

I wish that we were able to issue refunds after the 3 month period. I know we can lose some of our security measures to allow our system to automatically refund but we don't want to do that. Instead we take the cc number and manually enter it into a different refund system for those return that are past 3 months. I think the security issue is a mandated issue and there is not much Authorize can do. I do wish the downloads went to a simpler to read excel format but I tend to take the CSV file and do what I need to do to make it work.

Kenneth from Combat Wounded Coalition (home of Wounded Wear)

Industry: Military

AUTHORIZE FOR NON PROFIT DONATION MANAGEMENT/PROCESSING

Customer service and adaptability of the system with our CRM has been very positive for us. When we adopted our new CRM system along with the the hosted website managed by the same CRM system, we were not sure how everything would integrate, but our donation links and sponsorship links that take contributors directly to Authorize for processing have never let us down.

Pros

Authorize integrated flawlessly with our CRM system. It was one of several options for donor management and processing that was compatable with our CRM. We researched each available system and Authorize was both suggested by a fellow non profit as well as seemed to meet our requirements.

Cons

Transaction charges seem to be the biggest issue that we have. There are industry averages for processing various cards, and Authorize is on par with other systems. It is unfortunate that Authorize does not offer a non-profit processing rate or possibly a flat rate that is well below what would be offered to a for profit organization.

Katharine from Bay Area Children's Theatre

Authorize.net is a good standard for authorization terminals!

It allows for our business to run far more smoothly in contrast with our clunky patron CRM software. It's a solid product to use and while it has it's flaws, is nothing short of consistent. Less frills and smooth than Square but in many ways far more direct and clear.

Pros

- Very easy to use towards transactions, refunds and troubleshooting any and all patron issues within our site. -Allows to run reports for settled transaction, dispute declined transactions and see where fraudulent purchased might occur. - Has access to extended actions that allow us to void transactions, go into our accounts linked to the terminal and locate specific details we cannot always locate otherwise.

Cons

-Can be a bit slow with processing requests or locating specific transactions. -Is temperamental with the variables (i.e. first, last name, zip code, etc.) when running reports. Have to be careful when entering data, must be exact or actions may not always be carried out clearly. -Running reports will not show transactions within the last business day, setlled or unsettled. -Processing refunds has a 90 day limit.

Jamie from PS&G

Authorize.net!

Pros

The greatest thing about Authorize.net is that their merchant portal is so easy to navigate. If we need to void, issue refunds, or manually authorize a card-- it's so easy to do and find on the left-hand side of the website. If there is something we're not able to quickly do, their FAQ/help page/customer support is great. Receipts/confirmations are automatically sent to the internal contacts that we've chosen--there's even an option to send the receipts directly to the customer. This program is incorporated into our other main software (ShopVox) and works seamlessly.

Cons

There isn't anything that I dislike about this software.

A wonderful way to process payments

Pros

This software makes it so easy to process payments. It was very easy for us to build the bridge between our main software and authorize.net to process all payments through them. The website requires no training and doesn't have a million options of choices to pick from like some do- everything is very self explanatory! Their customer service is great and gets back to you quickly.

Cons

I don't have many complaints about Authorize.net except the reports. They are very confusing and it is hard to know which report you are supposed to be using and when. They don't provide a great description of each report.

allie from UCHA

Decent Merchant Services

As I mentioned above, it integrates well with our website and is easy to do transactions on the app. It's nice not to have to worry about merging systems.

Pros

I like that Authorize.net is easy to integrate into our website and other things that we use to accept money. It makes it seamless when needing to do event registration. They also have a great app you can download and use for transactions which I really like and has been a simple way for us to take money at events. Definitely recommend.

Cons

I haven't found anything with the software I don't like. It seems to be good for our needs and we don't plan to switch anytime.

We've relied on Authorize.Net for over 10 years

We've used Authorize.Net with our website shopping cart for over 10 years. Along with that, we've used the virtual terminal for manually keying phone / mail orders. It is easier to use than PayPal Manager.

Pros

Authorize.Net provides good, helpful API documentation. Its web-based virtual terminal is also easy to use.

Cons

I would give their support a grade of B. Fortunately, it is rarely needed. A few years back, there were some rough patches where the service was down or unreliable for brief periods. We have not had reliability problems for the last few years.

Jessica from Torino Foundation

Industry: Medical Devices

Authorize.net - Easy to Use

Pros

Authorize.net is extremely easy to use. I'll be honest - I probably don't use it to the full extent of the software. I generally do 3 things. 1. charge a credit card. 2. Look at our daily reports and 3. Use the transaction search. From time to time, I may look at unsettled transactions and change a setting but that is about it. You don't need to be tech savvy to understand the platform. It is easy, convenient and worry-free.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. I've been using it for over 11 years with ease.

Bryan from Velora Studios

The payment gateway we've preferred for ecommerce development projects

Reliable and trusted payment processing

Pros

Authorize.net is the standard in payment processing. For a complex and established ecommerce website, Authorize.net will offer the features needed and provides a trusted payment solution. Processing fees will be lower than competition like Stripe which larger volume businesses will benefit from.

Cons

The interface, lack of reporting, and complexity in setup is an issue for us in 2018 when options like Stripe can be setup and running in a few hours vs days with Authorize.net

Straightforward payment processing!

Pros

Authorize is really easy to use. Some payment processing platforms can be difficult and frustrating to use. When processing a payment using Authorize, you simply fill out the necessary information and you're done. If the transaction is declined, it will even tell you why, which is helpful when people want to know why their payment didn't go through.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the software... at least the functions that I use regularly and am familiar with.

Jessica from Alaska Northern Lights, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Authorize for Small Businesses

Pros

We have been using Authorize.net for over 10 years with no complaints. We use it strictly for online credit card processing both manually and on our website. The website is super easy to use and navigate. We recently added the fraud detection suite to our account that Authorize has available. We are very happy with the results and the filters you are able to place to control fraudulent activity.

Cons

Nothing. We have been very pleased with this software.

Saily from Atlanta International School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Authorize.net is a payment gateway which allows our school to run credit card payments securely

1. Secure processing of credit card transactions, 2. Integration with school's website 3. Creation of payment forms in flexible and suitable for a variety of transactions such as events, school store, etc

Pros

Authorize.net integrates well with our school website (managed by Finalsite). We are able to set up forms to collect credit card payments for school events. We also have the ability to collect credit card payments for our school store and sell tickets for Parent Organization events. The process to set up a form is easy to complete and Authorize.net offers flexibility with the design and options to make the form eye appealing. Credit card payments are processed securely. The reporting features offered by Authorize.net are optimal and information about cash receipts can be downloaded to simplify the reconciliation process on a daily basis.

Dawn from Kozon P&H

Simple for transactions from desktop or mobile

Pros

We use authorize.net from our desktop pcs and in the field for our technicians. The administrator features are really good. Being able to make reports and authorize devices in a breeze. And for simple card entry it is pretty straightforward.

Cons

I wish there was a section that just was labeled "recent transactions" so you did not have to go through editing dates and menus. Also, it would be great to see emails of customers after your have sent the receipts.

Courtney from Central Vapors

Industry: Tobacco

This company has been great to deal with, always there when we need them

Easily complete refunds, voids, and view all current transactions for our business. Easy search function.

Pros

That it's super easy to use, and has been extremely reliable. When dealing with your customers money, thats of the upmost importance.

Cons

We have lots of fraud transactions, but we can't prevent that without implementing settings that would block a lot of legitimate transactions. Wish we could figure out something in the middle.

michael from MSU Demmer Center

I like using this application because of it's ease of use.

Ease of tracking credit card transactions that were made on-line from our website. It is very simple to do refunds as well.

Pros

The reporting is simple to use and doing voids or refunds is very straight forward. Documenting and printing receipts is also a great feature.

Cons

Credit card processing security is very strict. You only can do refunds that are 120 or less days old. Sometimes we have a need to go out further to refund a customer.

Apparel Website

Overall, Auth was reliable and accurate.

Pros

High visibility into transactional activity. Reports were thorough and I relied on them for my monthly finance reports.

Cons

Not sure if this still applies, but since it's a payment processor, you still need a second system to house all the bank data (like a Heartland, etc). This was important when dealing with chargebacks. Would be nice to have it all one system.

Martin from The Light Digital

Rock Solid!

We use it every day - customer support is superior - never had any issues.

Pros

This Gateway works extremely well - you can set up recurring charges. The CC expiration date can be automatically updated.

Cons

I'd like to be able to change the next charge date on a Recurring charge. Or I'd like the ability to only do charges on a weekday...so, if the 1st falls on Sat, I'd like the charge to happen on the 3rd.

Integrated with a shopping cart program

Pros

We used this to accept payments and integrated into a multi-store shopping cart site. Initial integration came from both Authorize and the shopping cart program. They knew the information regarding Authorize, so the integration went well.

Cons

Pricey in the beginning. Take a look at the fee associated with everything before committing. What is the break even point to using this program.

Laura from Havasu-Rentals

Fast & Easy Payment Gateway!

We have been using Authorize.net for online payment processing for over 3 years. Simple interface and convenient button for processing refunds. Customer service is helpful and easy to get ahold of.

Pros

Quick & easy Virtual Terminal for payment processing. Links up with virtually any website or API. Simple transaction search & detailed customizable reporting.

Cons

Must pull monthly statements from a separate website.

Reliable payment processing

We use Authorize.net as payment processor in 3 different applications that we use to accept credit card payments. Their API is compatible with the different software and is reliable without downtime.

Pros

Authorize.net is compatible with all of the different cashiering software that we use. It is reliable and I don't know of any outages or problems processing cards or transactions. It is easy to create an account and get started.

Cons

It can be difficult to understand how to setup and use their API if you are doing your own programing and their admin website is not that easy to use when changing settings on your account. They are often changing their API for increased security but that comes with the inconvenience of reprogramming your API interface.

Rebecca from Four Diamonds

Industry: Fund-Raising

Wonderful Product

Very good experience and a very good product. Very rarely any issues whatsoever.

Pros

Cons

I feel like the only issue I have is sometimes trying to look up a transaction by the cardholders last name causes confusion. Especially if they use a Jr. or a Sr. Other than that, no problems.

Jess from Next Gen Mechanicals Inc

Simplified credit processing for in the field applications!

Pros

This program is great for our service techs in the field. It does not require the use of a card reader, although it is certainly supported. Our tech's can quickly run cards through the app without a lot of screens and hassle.

Cons

The program tends to have a lot of "timing out" issues and will appear logged in, but once you start processing the transaction it kicks you out.

K.C. from Skuid, Inc.

Get's the Job Done

Pros

Cons

The interface of Authorize.Net hasn't changed in the 2 years I've used the software. So I'd say my only request to improve the software is add some cool new features every once in a while.

Nils from Kanvape Wholesale

Industry: Tobacco

Our main CC Processor!

We enjoy using it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a CC processor!

Pros

We use Authorize.net as our main Credit Card processor and it always runs smoothly! We would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good processor.

Cons

We don't have any issues with it. It is very straightforward and easy to use. We've enjoyed our experience with it.

Brian from All American Pharmaceutical

Used them for years. Fantastic!

Allows us to have solid ecommerce websites. Never fails us.

Pros

It is rock solid and very easy to implement. Their support team is fantastic and available 24 hours a day. Used them for many years for every e-commerce website we own, which is 4.

Cons

Honestly, do not know any. It is another great software company with a product that works as promised over and over again.

Joel from Light U Online

Company Focused Software!

Light University Online has been using Authorize for the last 5 years and we have been very happy with their program and focused on any customization needed for our company. The integrations that we need, reports, and user-friendly services for sales are perfect for our daily income.

Pros

Integrations for customization needed for our services.

Cons

Archive dates of transactions going back later and import of data from other software.

easily access and apply credit card activity charges for clients

Great processing of credit cards and checks.

Pros

Very user friendly on the charging of credit cards and checks. Reliable and quick to use. Daily use is excellent for these purposes

Cons

The reporting of void transactions or credit card chargebacks isn't easy. Searching for a transaction is not easy. The reporting functions do not fully work for me.

Brandie from Bridge Purchasing Solutions, Inc.

Integrates well with Wordpress site

Pros

Authorize.net is fairly simple to set up, customize, and connect with other software. Giving customers the option to pay invoices online saves me a ton of time.

Cons

Of course, there are fees to use any payment processor like this. I feel like the fees can be a little high, but it is what it is.

They are always willing to help. Ive been using them for 3+ years and only had an issue once

Pros

It allows you to find transactions quickly. Love that you can keep track of declined transactions

Cons

I wish you could search for settled/unsettled transactions at the same time when searching with a card number

Dave from Diversified Dynamics

Industry: Wholesale

Good Product - Solid

The days of waiting for a modem to connect and bring back the results in 30 seconds are gone. If you have an internet connection, you can authorize credit cards.

Pros

This software is always up, ready and waiting. We have never had an issue with down time, and the response is almost immediate.

Cons

We had an issue where the bank and Authorize.net had an issue, and we were the middle man. I dont feel like they proactively tried to help and fix the issue our bank was having.

Maria from Self-employed

Having Authorize.net in our business is a like having your own bank !

Authorize.net is reallyeasy to useand makes payment processing a breeze!

Pros

You can accept any card payments which gives ease of payment and receipt, processing sales is never easier!

Cons

As a business you wanna cut down costs and though their rates are fair, youre expecting more options to cut down costs.

Alexandra from Relevant

Reliable gateway to processing payments

Pros

Works with most merchant processors. Offers both credit cards processing, as well as ACH (eCheck) payments processing. Variety of reports available.

Cons

Sometimes Authorize.net is down, this is rare, but when it happens you can't process your payments. They usually try to fix it fast.

Kelly from VLACS

Authorize.net keeps our customer's information secure!

Pros

We use Authorize.net for the credit card processing needs of our small non-profit. Easy for us to invoice customers without needing to secure their credit card information in-house.

Cons

The invoicing feature has a 'due date' field that auto-populates to the date the invoice is sent unless manually adjusted. It then sends a 'past due' message if it's not paid that day. It would be nice to have that automatically date for a month out.

Nicholas from Cultural Care, Inc.

Excellent payment gateway system!

Pros

We simply love the ease of use that Authorize.net provides as well as the consistent support and reliability. It has hardly ever given us any issue.

Cons

The reporting tools are sometimes difficulty or cumbersome to use but they have evolved over the years.

Rebecca from Four Diamonds

Very Efficient and User Friendly

It is seamless.

Pros

Authorize.net is very user friendly and easy to use. The search functionality is superb, and allows use to locate transactions with ease.

Cons

I have had no problems using this software at all. There is nothing I can say that I have had problems with.

Melissa from Union Gospel Mission of Salem

We are trying to switch to a new platform, but Authorize.Net is making the transition difficult.

Pros

The settlement reports are quite clear and user friendly. The processing is smooth, and the system rarely has issues. We also like the email receipts that can be automatically emailed.

Cons

The few times I have contacted the support team they have not been helpful, nor friendly. The options for customizing receipts and the overall look is lacking. The credit card fees are also a bit high in comparison to similar software.

Mindy from Cheder Lubavitch Hebrew Day School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

very detailed

It is really helpful for what we need it for. We can look at all transactions with ease.

Pros

Authorize.net really covers payment processing from start to finish. I use it in my summer job and although I don't really have to use it that often, I do check it with my supervisor if we find errors while inputting the data that we need to correct and this really helps us find those errors rather quickly.

Cons

The look of the website is a bit daunting. It's very technical so I suggest only using it if you are ready to sit at a computer looking at very boring screens. Maybe Authorize.net can make their software more clean, modern, and simple.

Carlos from PushToCart.com

Authorize.net is one of the easier merchants I've been able to integrate into my eCommerce Business!

Pros

The fact that it is compatible with WordPress makes my life a lot easier. The per transaction fees are very competitive as well.

Cons

Monthly fees are always a con. It would be great to have fees strictly calculated based upon volume of sales.

Melissa from Window Genie of the East Valley

Great for a mobile business with multiple service vehicles in the field

East of use! Technicians can run credit cards in the field directly from their cell phones! Payments are process quickly!!

Pros

This program is so simple and easy for my technicians to use in the field to get direct payment - and allows us to have minimal accounts receivables!

Cons

Doesn't work when there is not cell phone coverage. We also have to change the passwords quarterly - and the system does not give us any warning on this.

No frills, easy to use payment gateway

Pros

We like that the integration, management, and overall quality of the software is great!

Jennifer from MARCOM

Authorize.net

Pros

We are not a huge card processor so this software fits us well and is compatible with our internal processing software.

Cons

somewhat convoluted when trying to process credit cards. Not very self-explanatory.