• Pros

• "Boulevard is incredible. Everything is so easy to use. The functionality saves so much time and my staff actually love it. "

• "It’s really easy to use. The app is great and I love the text alerts. "

• "Very easy to customize to your business and adjust as needed. "

• Cons

• "Transitioning was slow and a bit tough at first, but all data was eventually added and correct."

• "The reports can be tricky to navigate and sometimes it can be slow but it resolves itself or If i need help I use the Help Chat service and any questions I have get resolved within minutes."

• "There were some growing pains at first - but getting worked out daily!"

Browse Boulevard Reviews

Chris from SHED Barber and Supply

Top-tier salon management solution that continues to improve

We are very happy with our switch to Boulevard. Migration went very smoothly, we got up and running with minimal problems, support has been great since day 1. The only issues we've had have been or are currently being actively worked on in product cycles. Our day-to-day is much smoother than previous solutions, we love being on Boulevard!

Pros

Intelligent booking and client-specific service timing has saved us countless hours at the front desk and increased our service revenue 10%+. The calendar and schedule are very easy to use, our new front desk staff is trained up in half the time as previous software. The integrated booking widget that lives on our site is wonderful for preserving a fluid brand experience for clients booking online.

Cons

Add-ons for advanced features can start to add up on top of an already higher base price, and the cost to migrate from an another product can get very high (though if you are good with Excel you can prep migration sheets yourself and save a lot like we did). Reporting was initially a weak spot but has been continuously improved over the past year and is nearly at parity with our previous solution.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Intelligent scheduling, more flexibility with service timing and pricing, integrated booking widget.

Alicia from Renew Massage Studio, LLC

Boulevard is Awesome

Overall my experience has been pretty great. Such a positive change from Mindbody. I just wished I switched sooner!

Pros

Is it so easy to check clients out! It is so easy for people to schedule online. We switched from Mindbody, and for our massage therapy studio, it is so much more intuitive and easy to take payments without mistakes. Scheduling calendar is easy to use. The Messaging system is so amazing. We text our clients all of the time now and all conversations show under their profile! Online booking is super easy for Clients and guarantees Credit Cards captured to prevent no shows. One of the biggest things I love is customer support. I have a dedicated partner manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that I can contact. She has been absolutely incredible, supportive, and helpful through this whole process. I also have access to a support team that actually knows about the software and helps me learn or troubleshoot. I love that you can book an appt while staying on our website, and the page never has to refresh for online booking and each step of the payment window.

Cons

Not being able to purchase services online or in the app, the app needs more functionality for sure. They have a bunch of new features they are working on that will be rolled out soon, however. They also need better payroll reporting features for paying other than commission. They are also bringing out better online booking smart booking to limit gaps, so that is something I am excited to use in January.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Because of the ease of scheduling, the optimization, the ability to connect client forms, the look and feel of the software, the support team and dedicated partner manager, the ability to suggest features, (they seem to be adding more and better features all of the time), the screen doesn't have to refresh over and over to check out, signing for tips so the client can select a tip, the messaging system, memberships that can auto discount, easy to see appointment notes and info about the client in the same screen as the schedule, and the front desk view is awesome as well.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Mindbody is awful. It isn't set up for massage therapy appointments and schedule optimization. Client forms are not easy with that system. Their hardware is so expensive and never lasts more than a year. Payment mistakes all the time, problems with memberships and paying for add ons, and no customer support. And if you do call in and wait all day for a callback, they don't seem to know the answers to my questions.

Michael from Joanna Vargas Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

The most innovative & functional salon software on the market

It's fantastic. It's the best in the industry and I've researched all of them. They're progressive in the sense that the software will continue to expand its features. Which in turn makes it easier for all of my staff and the clients to have the best experience possible.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly book appointments online via our own book now button. The ability have a complete cloud based service.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow you to have all the functions as the website

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Everything. Even the colors of Boulevard are on brand for us.

STX was horrible

Tom from Petite Salon

Payment and sales reporting does not meet expectations

I don’t receive many quick replies and when i do my questions don’t have answers. My suggestions get added to future development.

Pros

Online booking and scheduling appointments

Cons

The reporting doesn’t make much sense for the service providers that switched from other payment platforms like square.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

It seemed like the best option at the time. We’re all questioning this with the frequency that complaints from our salons renters are coming in. Mostly related to payment processing not matching reports.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

We wanted better payment and booking and pos software.

Elyse from Spa Haus Nashville

Happy we made the switch to Boulevard

Overall I am happy with Boulevard. Again, I was told some things upon signing up that were untrue, so that did make a bad first impression. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved the day as best she could. I am still waiting for hopefully new features in the program to make it easier as a business owner to use, as well as easier for clients and my receptionists to make less errors booking.

Pros

Boulevard is very user friendly. We used to have Mindbody software and are very happy we made the switch. The onboarding process was a little rocky, as there was some misinformation given to me, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and attentive helping me figure everything out. The consumer online booking looks sleek and is easy to use.

Cons

There seems to still be some kinks with online booking, I wish it smart booked better. It also is easy to book a staff member a service they don't perform. The sales reports include tax & tip, I wish there was a way to see our true sales without having to get out a calculator and do it myself. I also was told Mailchimp was included in the high monthly price, however, I have to pay almost $200 more a month for Mailchimp on top of the Boulevard price.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

It seemed user friendly and I liked the online booking and smart booking option (which ended up being false information, so yes...i was very bummed to realize that one of the reasons I switched was not a reality)

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Mindbody customer service was awful. I disliked there online booking platform.

Katie from HAUS Salon

Katie

Overall I'm very happy with the software. It's easy to use and training desk staff to use it is super slick. I love all the how to guides. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our managing partner has been amazing, always quick to respond and goes above and beyond with helping us.

Pros

I love how easily it sends comfirmations and takes care of the busy work we usually need to hire staff to complete, like pulling reports, custom timing for clients, and easy for clients to use for online booking

Cons

It's more small things that I'd like to see updated: for example when I save changes to services or products that I'm editing the page only lets you do one service then it auto refreshes to the top of the page, instead of saving and letting me continue where I'm at. That means I have to scroll all the way down to find the section, remember the next service that I have to edit, it's time consuming and for larger salons who have lots of employees with unique booking needs its not quite as fluid as I'd like. I'd also like to work off of more than one tab, so I can be checking clients in while also pulling reports. I'd love to be able to have a tab for each location open for easy booking during busy seasons like the holidays when we are searching for any open appt and comparing options for clients between all the locations. I'd also like to do more filtering for client emails. As of now I don't see a way to email upcoming appts for selected dates, which would be helpful as covid continues and brings us many updates we need to send to just upcoming appts, not all clients and not just clients who have had an appt with us before. Also woul dlove if the app view of the calendar was more zoomed out so you can get a better idea of whats happening for the whole day, now you have to scroll quite a bit and its confusing visually.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Your customer service was so much better!!

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

it crashed a lot and wasn't easy to be able to view reports from home. Now I can pull reports and view everything I need as long as I have an internet connection - it's great!

Jocelyn from Los Angeles Neurofeedback Center

Wonderful for spas and salons

Boulevard solved our business problems of accounting and streamlined our sales & package tracking. They also helped us see multiple staff members' schedules at once. They had many cool features however many werent applicable to our healthcare business.

Pros

Boulevard is the payment processor, so it made checking out our clients & selling/redeeming packages, and processing refunds a breeze. It was an upgrade from our previous software in that we could see all staff schedules on one page and click anywhere on the schedule to make a new appointment, regardless of availability. The help team got back to us relatively quickly with guidance on any issues. There are features on it our company did not use, like inventory and product sales, processing and finishing time, etc. These functioned excellently, we did not have a need for them thought.

Cons

We could not require clients to complete their forms before finalizing their first appointment booking. And when clients received the confirmation email, it sometimes went to junk and other times the layout of the email was not clear to them as to how to find the forms to complete. It would have been nice to have a direct link to the form we could send the client. Also would have been better if we could download the forms after the client completed them. We also would have liked more follow-up email customizations, like being able to send more automations depending on if a client scheduled again, or immediately after their appointment with after-session care instructions.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Initially we chose boulevard because of the payment processor, we didnt want to use square anymore and appreciated the ease of having the processing in one location with the scheduling. However, we are now switching to acuity for financial reasons and because their forms and follow up email automations are more inline with our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Needed a better payment processor and scheduling that included forms.

Rosie from The Local Salon

Finally, a software that makes my business run better!

Love the customer chat in real time. Love the training they provide for new employees no matter when the hire is. They hold our hands throughout the entire boarding process and never let go. I feel as though they care about my business as much as I do. Consistent in every way. Worth every cent. I will never ever leave Boulevard. Partners for life.

Pros

Boulevard is completely intuitive and the software is simple yet detailed in all the right places. I own a hair salon and have been doing hair for 23 years, let me with all honesty say that Boulevard has 100% made my life so much easier. The experience for my clients is second to none, they are all raving about how much better this software is than any of our previous ones. I can not say enough positive things about them! The customer service is absolutely extraordinary and they respond to any of our questions immediately. It has a feel like you are asking a friend to help you, so patient and there was always a familiar quality throughout the entire customer experience for us. We love supporting small businesses however we do not want to be someone's guinea pig...with Boulevard we can completely trust in their expertise and never worry.

Cons

Seriously we love them. The only issue is that we have is we wish we could see what source each stylists clients pay for services for example: who pays cash, check or credit card and how much of each. It only shows sales and does not break it down. Other than that we have nothing negative what so ever to say!

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Completely different business model. Very on top of all of their promises, also really loved the staff and on board team. Beautiful layout and very classy operation. So honored to be a part of Boulevard.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Sick and tired of the awful and very expensive service. Very impersonal and never got it right.

Marc from CYL Sauna Studio (Colorado Locations)

Very Satisfied With Blvd

Pros

Easy to use platform that has most of the features we need to operate our business. The UX is very well designed. Reporting (beta) is super helpful and easy to understand. Incredible client support starting with the initial demos and sandbox followed by the flawless integration and absolutely the ongoing support of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is so incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Our company feels incredibly supported by the BLVD team.

Cons

I think we will always have some suggestions for the BLVD team because our infrared sauna business is a bit different from the salon businesses that the company has focused on.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Much better product and we were impressed with the idea of having a dedicated support person after integration.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Booker was a complete dumpster fire of issues. Often experienced critical issues that were more than bug fixes. Terrible support, really non-existent and often confrontational by them. Features were lacking, horrible UX.

Cristina from Mood House

Tried several options – Boulevard won by a landslide.

Great! Onboarding was a breeze and my partner manager is super responsive. When problems arise they fix them very quickly.

Pros

The ease of use for new staff and for clients is unparalleled in my opinion – the learning curve is so short and with a fast growing team, ease of training is huge for our business. It's intuitive and I love the sleek design that clients experience.

Cons

Because it is new, there are occasionally features I miss from longer-established platforms (example - gift card functionality was only added recently). However, they are rolling out new features every single month and are very response to requests. Worth the wait for full functionality. For my business I wish it had class booking functionality but also appreciate the laser-focus on appointment-based booking.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Sleeker design, and the booking overlay over my existing website versus pushing clients to an outside website.

Tanner from True REST Cedar Park

Transitioned with large brand from different software

Pros

Boulevard is intuitive, myself and our staff picked it up quickly. The reporting is much more detailed and customizable than what we had worked with before.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

The previous product was stuck in its ways and getting behind in this digital age.

Best POS Software!

Overall the experience has been outstanding. The team is always attentive & responsive. They come up with alternatives & suggestions to help improve your experience! The software is great as it can be easily accessible on multiple devices & internet!

Pros

Boulevard software is very user friendly, easy to use & convenient! It has reduced the duration of front desk trainig. It has also made the managers that are behind the chair, have a very enjoyable experience. I

Cons

Some of the items that seem like they should be easy to customize, are in face a little more. It makes sense when you realize that the interface is for all users and not just your specific location (s).

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Shortcuts was outdated, slow & problematic. On Saturdays (the busiest day of the week), the server computer that would host all data, could potentially go down. You would then be stuck performing offline transactions & having to complete transactions twice!

Kimberly from Brian Charles Hair Studio

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A newer program always has it's quirks

Over all very positive experience with Boulevard. Couple of hiccups with intial set up, but once that was taken care of it's been relatively smooth sailing with no major inconveniences in use. Software hasn't gone down randomly in the middle of the day which is a problem we experienced regularly with the last software.

Pros

Integrated text messaging and payment processing is a life saver. Online booking has changed how our business operates in a good way. Love the customization options for users including their preferences for online booking or clients timing. Customer service is timely and friendly which is a huge plus over our previous software.

Cons

Reports could definitely be stronger. The beta options are nice, but often time out before they are able to deliver the real data. Would like some of that to be focused on stronger in the future. There's a lot of work arounds for some things - example, if you want to split a tip after a transation, you have to refund and then run again instead of allowing that to just be done on the ticket. Most things allow exporting to excel, but random things, like purchase order, do not, which woul d be extra helpful. Wish there was more info available for our stylists who use their mobile app.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

We were impressed by Boulevard's demo program and it happened to fit our budget. We were able to set it up while we were closed for COVID.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Our previous software was dated and lacking. Their support was nonexistant when it wasn't "well, you're doing something wrong. it's not our product." Having integrated text allowed us to consolidate from two programs to one and allowed us to have only one numer to contact - before this we had a separate one for text and call. Boulevard is also very attractive and repsonsive - customizeable color schemes is a plus.

Britney from VIS-A-VIS The Salon

Welcome to the future or Salon/Spa booking!

Pros

Moving to BLVD has made every aspect of our business streamline and easy. Its so hard to name just a few aspects of what we love about this software because... well... we love it all! BLVD has offered us access to clients ability for easy, smart online booking, the software is very easy to learn and navigate, product inventory management is better than ever, ability to text with clients, touchless check out, protection to staff with client cards saved on file making it easy to enforce our cancellation policy, new features are updated and added to the software frequently which I love. Its clear that BLVD likes to keep ahead of the latest trends. I love that myself and my staff are able to view their schedule from any device and can also schedule appointments remotely. You can also disable features of specific staff which is a blessing as well. They have a help chat box in the corner so that any of my employees can reach out with questions or concerns. The staff is VERY responsive. Another thing that I absolutely love is that this software does NOT crash or experience delays.

Cons

Honestly it is very hard for me to list off what I like least about BLVD as we truly love it. Our only issues have been with some of the detail summary reports being a bit off but we have been working with BLVD to get this issue solved.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

It was clear that BLVD was developed by stylists/salon owners for stylists/ salon owners. It was the only product that checked literally every box.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

We found SalonBiz to be extremely archaic with their design, it crashed constantly, there was no seamless check out experience and honestly zero support.

RoseMary from Refine Men’s Salon of Cool Springs

Great Software for Salons

One of the best things about Boulevard is customer service. Any time we had questions or issues arise, our problem was dealt with swiftly and resolved. Whether we emailed the rep assigned to us or used the Help Chat or the Support Center, we always felt that our problem was addressed very quickly.

Pros

Boulevard is the 3rd scheduling software we have used in the salon, and is by far the best one. Boulevard is very user-friendly. We have had very few problems with it (business interruption or faulty software or the system going down) like we experienced with the other two programs we used in the past. We love the app the stylists/barbers can get on their phones to se e their schedules, be alerted when a client checks in and see client notes right on their phones.

Cons

The negative about Boulevard is that it doesn’t easily connect with any email marketing programs.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Price, excellent customer service from day one, cloud-based

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Millennium was very outdated and the program went down on a regular basis. There was very little support after the initial setup, and to call the help line our wait time was usually an hour or more. If we requested a call back, that call would come the next day if at all.

Jeremy from Refine Mens Salon of Roseville

Snappy cloud solution that improves over time

A fun, fast, and growing company that definitely puts its end use at the focus of the product. Nearly a one software fits all type solution.

Pros

I enjoy that the cloud solution quickly sifts through what must be massive amounts of data that my business creates. It leans towards simplicity that my lay staff don't seem to have much issue with.

Cons

I admit the onboarding and going live schedules we're a bit aggressive and lacked true understanding that my data was going to be used properly the first time. Many edits and back and forth work was needed to get things running to the point I personally didn't have to troubleshoot things between my staff and the product support team.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Because it was a new company

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

The software use previously required us to host our own server and this was plagued with issues while constantly needing remote support.

FORREST from THE YOUNG AMERICAN

BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR SALONS

INCREDIBLE.

Pros

I HEARD OF BLVD 8 MONTHS BEFORE WE DECIDED TO SWITCH OUR PLATFORMS. WE CHANGED IN THE BEGINNING OF 2020 WHILE OUR SALONS WERE FORCED TO CLOSE. IT WAS A SCARY TIME TO CHANGE WITH ALL THE CHANGES GOING ON IN THE WORLD BUT BLVD MADE THE TRANSITION SEAMLESS. IN THE PAST THE SELLING AGENT HAS BEEN GREAT AND THEN ONCE WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A ACCOUNT MANAGER EVERYTHING HAS FALLEN APART. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL WITH BLVD. I WAS SO SCARED OF THAT HAPPENING TO US AGAIN AND THIS PROCESS HAS BEEN THE BEST DECISION WE HAVE MADE FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR SALONS. ALL OUR DATA TRANSFERRED SEAMLESSLY. ALL OUR STYLISTS WERE ABLE TO PICK UP RIGHT WHERE THEY LEFT OFF AND NO CLIENTS WERE EFFECTED IN THE TRANSFER. WE GET GREAT FEEDBACK DAILY AND WE ARE SO EXCITED TO GET DEEPER INTO WHAT MAKES BLVD SPECIAL. WE JUST HAD A MEETING WITH OUR ACCOUNT REP DALY AND WITH EVERY STEP WE TAKE WITH BLVD WE GET STRONGER AS A TEAM AND AS A COMPANY.

Cons

I WISH THAT IT COULD HAVE TRANSFERRED OUR PAST RETAIL HISTORY. I USED THAT A LOT IN THE PAST AND WE HAD TO MANUALLY RETRIEVED THAT DATA BEFORE THE TRANSFER HAPPENED FROM OUR PREVIOUS PLATFORM. I WOULD HAVE JUMPED ON BLVD MUCH QUICKER IF WE WERE ABLE TO HAVE OUR RETAIL HISTORY TRANSFERRED.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

BECAUSE MINDBODY NEVER UPDATED THEIR PLATFORM. THEY CLAIM TO BE A COMPANY THAT CAN CONTINUE TO CHANGE WITH THE TIMES AND INSTEAD I FELT LIKE I WAS USING A ANCIENT PLATFORM. ALSO THE COST OF MINDBODY IS INSANE. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHAT WE WERE PAYING FOR AND I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH BLVD. IN FACT BLVD HAS NEVER TRIED TO ADD FEE'S AND HAVE HONORED ALL OUR PREVIOUS QUOTES. IT'S BEEN A DREAM!!!

Don from Essence Salon, LLC

Easy to deploy and use with all the right information at our fingertips

The Boulevard Labs team has been very easy to access and has been very responsive to our requests. Our partner manager in particular has been very helpful and has gone out of her way on many occasions to ensure our success.

Pros

We like the ease of use from the Front Desk Associate's perspective, excellent performance metrics, and the outstanding customer service.

Cons

Limited options for selecting our own merchant services provider for credit card processing. We understand additional providers will be made available soon. That said, the credit card processing fees are very competitive already.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

We have actually used several different products to manage our hair salon business since 2005. These included Intuit POS 9, Booker and Meevo 2. In addition to these, we did a comprehensive trade study of many different Salon Management software products against our criteria which emphasized ease of use by Customers and Front Desk, easy to read / useful reports and excellent customer support. Boulevard was the winner of this trade study. They deliver what they promise and have been introducing new functionality seamlessly over the last year.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard software is much more intuitive and easier to use for Customers and Front Desk associates. In addition, they have introduced easy to read reports that capture the essential performance metrics every salon needs in order to manage for profit. They continue to make reports even better.

James from Lash Lovers

Industry: Cosmetics

Enrich your customer and employee experience immensely

At the end of the day, most salon owners do not require or use half of what is pitched by the big software players in the market. Boulevard cleverly ensures that what I absolutely require is used on a daily basis and has helped me use their technology to differentiate myself as a business. I am using Boulevard to elevate my customer experience to a point that clients know they would lose out on more than our technicians should they choose to leave.

Pros

By far the single most important feature of Boulevard it the integrated messenger. Being able to communicate so easily over text with clients, and have them use the same telephone number as the salon, has helped us to take our customer care to a new level. We have been praised by numerous guests on how well we have communicated with them through this COVID-19 crisis and lot of this is down to our ability to message clients so easily. Second to this is how easy Boulevard is to use. The single User Interface (UI) has been designed and built from the top down, focusing on the customer experience first versus being built by engineers from the bottom up. Boulevard doesn't pull together multiple pieces of software and features to give the veneer of a complete solution as others in the market do. They focus entirely on ensuring no matter what they do, the experience for my customers, both external (clients) and internal (technicians) is stellar.

Cons

Boulevard is well aware that they are not as comprehensive as others in the market and that is OK. Could reporting be better? Yes, and that's why they now have a new Beta Reports feature allowing us to test a much more flexible reporting tool. Could there be more integrations with payroll and accounting companies? Of course, but they are focusing on expanding those integrations once they are happy that they can generate the right report data to pass across. I am happy to be patient because the support I get today shows me how much they care about their clients needs and they will get to adding the features in time.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

One single User Interface. Ease of use. Excellent sales process.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

It was a 10 yr old piece of software tied to a single physical machine in the salon. It was difficult to use, was not integrated with payments and was not in the cloud.

Benjamin from Journey salon & day spa

Easy to use - growing features every month

Boulevard made my transition so easy, and even migrated more data than I expected. The customer support has been wonderful, and they allow us to provide feedback on features that we would like to see.

Pros

The software is very easy to use! Our new team members can get on boarded in days instead of weeks.

Cons

There are multiple features that are not fully developed, like user permissions. But they are adding new features and integrations every month.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

The pricing for Boulevard was slightly better, and they allowed an online demo for us to make sure that it would work for our uses. Meevo had a fuller feature set, but also had some more complex set up and a longer learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

We wanted the easier user experience in Boulevard along with integrated texting and a rich online booking experience

Rebekah from B/ ROSE Beauty

Best salon software I've ever used!

Solved the stress of all the "workarounds" we were having to do with our old software. Elevated the guests experience with working with our business.

Pros

It's hard to put in words the beauty of this software. It's visually beautiful, very quick to learn, easy to use, customer service is outstanding & quick to respond, and the online booking platform is so easy to use for our guests. We've been in business for 9 years and this is our 5th and final software. We've found the one!! The conversion from our other software was so easy and seamless (we've had disasters in the past) I can't recommend it enough!!!

Cons

A few features I feel are missing (but I'm told they are working on adding them) Referral program built in, option to pay commissions on discounted services or the original price, line items for set fees in the checkout instead of having to manually enter it, ability for guests to book directly from Instagram.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Their pros outweighed the cons in comparison. They are a bit more expensive, but worth the cost.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

was very unhappy with the way mindbody worked for my business

Virginia from N&E Medspa

A Whole New World (Cue the Little Mermaid)

Pros

Easy to use & train new employees. Reporting is sooooo easy & I don't touch Excel nearly as often. Their support team is so kind, and so personable. They made the transition seamless & actually enjoyable. I really enjoy the front desk view, and I totally wasn't expecting that. That has been the saving grace, seeing who has confirmed & not confirmed- it makes my mornings smooth & less stressful. The Little Mermaid quote was a little cheeky but honestly accurate, it's been such a nice transition for my business & my team loves it.

Cons

I can't think of anything so far. As my business grows, I'll have a better sense but so far it's all really good!

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Boulevard understood my business better, and allowed me to customize my appointments I needed to make sure I wasn't wasting time on admin work. Opening up more locations in one year is tough, and they made the transition so much easier.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Honestly, the combination of it looking ugly & the lack of customer support was horrible. Absolute disaster.

Andrea from Sally Hershberger Los Angeles

Makes training new staff so easy!

No need to send reports to accounting - they can access everything themselves. It's made training so simple and easy thanks to the system remembering how to book each client and allow the staff to move the appointments around on the days effortlessly to find the best time slot. No more wasting paper printing schedules and service bills, everything is done through the service providers app on their smart phone.

Pros

How you can click & grab a booking to move it around on the schedule.

Cons

We are no longer able to change the service provider once the order is processed.

Far superior system.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard is faster, smarter, better.

Whitney from Abundant Salon

Wish we switched sooner

Never thought I could love software!

Pros

Cons

Really wish I found Boulevard sooner. Not sure how I didnt know they existed!

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Other softwares didnt seem nearly as nice or streamlined, their sales people were rude or they never got back to me.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

My previous solution was way too hard to use. It kept going down and my staff and clients hated it.

Julia from The Young American Salon

The Ultimate Salon Software

Fantastic. I LOVE the Help Chat, the easy to use interface, and the fact that we can suggest features. It seems like BLVD is always adding new, helpful ways to use the software without there being too much unnecessary bulk.

Pros

The ease of use, and how easy it is to learn things. We have very stubborn stylists who are resistant to change, and they all seem to be doing really well with the transition. Any hiccups that happen are always easily fixed!

Cons

Nothing seems to be very difficult to understand so far. I would, however, prefer to be able to customize parts of the checkout window. For example: being able to turn off the gratuity-only sale, or prompting the user to type in a client name from a new sale on the Sales tab. We have some stylists who strictly checkout on the sales tab and forget to add client names because it's not very noticeable. It might also be helpful to be able to assign clients to a 'regular/preferred stylist' so that maybe it could auto-populate that name as the sales rep, if they were to just walk in and buy product. But overall, love everything!

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Support, updated software, pricing.

Francisco from Fellow Barber

Fantastic!

Overall its been pretty pleasant. We were using Booker before and since transferring to Boulevard, it's been great. Everything has been relatively easy to learn and easy to train with other people. I feel like I learn something new like every week haha.

Pros

I love the ease of the tabs and being able to just read what is what and where to go. Theres no guessing on where you need to go in order to do what you need to do. Everything is very user friendly. It would be really hard to mess something up.

Cons

I dont like that you're not able to just stretch appointments by grabbing the appointment. You should be able to grab the bottom of the appointment and stretch it, instead of having to do an extra step, going into "Edit Appointment" and changing the time length. Also the "Week" view doesnt work if theres more then four barbers on your screen, that should be changed. There also should be some sort of Apple Pay option with Boulevard, its 2020 going into 2021 :)

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Im not sure why they made the switch as it was the companys top people that made the switch.

Molly from A Touch of Lash

Amazing system

I am extremely pleased with how well Boulevard integrated with my business and allows me to run my day more smoothly. I appreciate the extremely quick response time of our account manager and the help chat team as well. When you have timely concerns, waiting for an answer just isn't going to work! Finally, having the reporting documents that I need to fully understand what my business is telling me is so important. I have never been more aligned with what's right for my company and what I need to focus more on. I also think that it is extremely impressive that a company has a suggestion page for it's users to drop them information on what they need out of the system. All in all, this program will help your company function more smoothly which in turn can help you become more profitable!

Pros

I love the front desk page. It is extremely helpful in organizing the clients for the day and making sure that clients are well managed and greeted! I also like that the system has an app and that it is generally user friendly. The online booking feature is great because it keeps the client on your webpage instead of redirecting to another site.

Cons

You have to request and petition to get the company name on the merchant code for CC transactions - if you don't do this and clients dispute the charges when they check their CC statements and don't recognize the charge name, you're automatically charged $30. So be sure to petition for that change right away with your account manager. The app, while awesome to have, has a few things that it is lacking but I'm fully confident that it will soon be working at max capacity.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

The reporting documents and the front desk page were things that stood out above the other companies.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

The companies I used before (square) were lacking in the reporting documents that I needed for my business. Meevo had horrible customer service (at least in my experience with my rep).

Brian from Evan Joseph Salon

Functional. Innovative. Classy.

Our clients are happier. Our employees are happier. Our bank account is happier.

Pros

If you are under the impression that salon software is all the same, Boulevard will change your mind. From setup and functionality, to after-sale service and support. They are constantly bringing additional functionality to the platform. We have a dedicated (in every sense of that word) partner on the service and support side. No call center "promises of resolution. Most of all, this is not a "subscription" you buy. Joining Boulevard provides you a team of specialists. And it is has a very classy feel for the clients.

Cons

None. The only difficult decision was deciding exactly how dissatisfied we'd become with our prior provider. Once we made the decision, the rest was easy!

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

We chose Booker to escape Mind Body. Then Mind Body purchased Booker and the disaster repeated itself.

Adam from society salon

almost perfect

if we can work quickly through some of the challenges it will be great, if not buyers remorse

Pros

ease of booking and working with appointments

Cons

there are technical issues that need to be worked out that are causing frustration form staff and clients payment processor is also a down side integrations for internal marketing could be improved and create a SIGNIFICANT amount of value

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

it seemed to be the best fit also trusted by some other brands i have worked with, every platform has down sides, if i would have known then what i know now i would have asked more detailed questions to all the platforms i was interviewing to make sure blvd was the best fit

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

we wanted a few modern advances to our software to simplify some of our processes which we did get and most of which have worked great

Julia from Ricari Studios

A league above the rest

Overall, the company is very happy with Boulevard. We have evidence that the platform will only continue to improve as it takes into consideration customer suggestions. It is evolving beautifully.

Pros

This has been the best booking system/P.O.S. that I have used industry-wide. Features are highly customizable and only getting better. The interface is more intuitive than others and easier on the eyes. Client-tracking is useful and loyalty program is very exciting.

Cons

The app isn’t as developed as the website— I wish we could check clients out on the phone app and that the message center was available through the app. Certain functions are only available on the web browser which can be clunky.

Hated Mind Body!

Jacquelyn from Enlightened Styles

Great Software

I have used so many other software and this by far has been the best.

Pros

There are so many functions that help us run our salon with ease. They are always are adding new features to make it better

Cons

More of a learning curve like with any software.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Your customer service and the features

Booker was not the best

Margie from Hairroin Salon

Love BOULEVARD!

Pros

I love that it is so easy to look up information and also add and customize for our business. Tech support is always there to help and notify's us if there is any changes due to holidays ahead of time!

Cons

I wish that I could customize the differences while making the schedule, i.e every other monday instead of first and third, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

the company couldn't keep up with our high volume salon.

Benjamin from Benjamin Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

The best, new salon software out there!

It's been the best! If you're a salon owner like myself, I highly recommend it! These people know what they're doing.

Pros

It's elegant, intuitive, easy to use, and has everything we could possibly need. Clients don't have to login anywhere online or register to make an appointment. From what we've come across, when clients have to create an account online just to make an appointment, it causes a drop off since it's too many steps. Reporting is detailed and easy to understand, unlike other salon software programs. Customer service is also the best, we have 1 rep we work with and can call them up anytime if we need help.

Cons

Needs email marketing within the platform. Right now we can pull a list of emails in the software and filter by locations, appointment type, stylist, etc. but it'd be nice if we could create the email directly in the platform.

Ashley from Colorbar The Salon

Loving our new software

We switched from a really large, out of date system. Boulevard is clean and simple. It has brought our salon into 2020 with ease. I would have never gotten through the quarantine and being able to work remotely without the ease of Boulevard. The customer service staff is wonderful, always available, and quick to respond. I am so pleased with our choice to switch, I would never go back!

Pros

Ease of communicating to the company is top notch! The program is simple, clean, and easy to use. Transition from the other software we used was painless. Booking app and staff app is great! Integrated CC processing is amazing as well.

Cons

A few reports could be added, online booking features could be a bit cleaner.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Boulevard checked all the boxes for us.

Katie from Bronzed denver

Beautiful ui

I have experienced good things. It’s also a big hard to have add on services that don’t also take up more time on the calendar.

Pros

It’s user friendly and easy to figure out

Cons

The app is very difficult to use when booking multiple services on a mobile device. The times always want to auto adjust. When you change one they all change. It’s frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

This one appeared to have a better membership platform than bookers. It ui was also much easier to pick up for a staff that is ever changing.

Jennifer from The Nature of Beauty

So far so good - cautiously optimistic for the future!

Multiple merchant accounts, low credit card processing fees, automated messaging is nice. Overall customer service is very responsive and helpful, hopefully all the features we are waiting on will actually happen soon. Our previous system promised us that a huge feature we needed would be done in 3 months... for 3 years.

Pros

What was most important to us was the ability to have multiple merchant accounts as we have many renters and all share the same scheduling system.

Cons

We were told when we signed up that there was a Shopify sync, which was not actually working when we implemented it and it has been about 4 months so far and it's still not on the radar. So we are anxiously awaiting that piece which is a huge chunk of why we switched to boulevard. Also waiting on classes feature, new card readers, and gift card functionality.

multiple merchant accounts/shopify sync

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

once they actually came out with their credit card processing which took 3 years of waiting, it was ridiculous high fees even if a client pays cash or check.

Sara from Bombshell Santa Monica

Must have for Salon or Spa

I was impressed with the training and communication with the Boulevard onboarding team when we made the switch. They made the big switch easy and it was seamless. It can be scary to bring in new things to your business but this is a no brainer. The reporting systems are the most detailed, the training for staff makes it so you don't have to do anything, and the clients love it. Highly recommend!

Pros

How it is the most functional and modern software for my industry. Boulevard has simplified so many frustrating features we had to work through with other booking softwares, plus our clients have complimented how easy it is to use online booking.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Mindbody is so expensive for what you get compared to Boulevard. Mindbody feels like it hasn't been updated in 10 years and is so slow and complicated. It is not a great product for Salons.

Yasmine from Salon

Great support staff

Great

Pros

Very easy to use. Great support staff.

Cons

More included without having to purchase separate.

More professional

More option- more professional

Michael from Vision of Tomorrow

Boulevard review

Superb. Support has been outstanding, which is a key feature, or mny of them, on why i choose Boulevard over other POS companies. I used to sell POS (long time ago) and the support has been stellar, everyone is beyond professional and helpful.

Pros

The adaptability is a key feature, many, many features make for an easy fit into our existing business. So many options that I haven't begun scratching the surface.

Cons

Implementation was a little lacking - maybe offer an in person option for future establishments.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

Compatibility with both salon and spa worlds and eventually alternative medicine with HIPPA compliance and customer support.

Janine from Hairroin

Love it

Kind easy to work with. Really focused on quality and a great client user experience

Pros

That we have completely reduced our cancellations with the deposit fee

Cons

At first they needed more reports but have since fixed that

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard had way better online booking

Julie from Reverie Salon

Industry: Cosmetics

Finally, a user friendly system!

Amazing. Will definitely recommend to everyone.

Pros

Thank you Boulevard for creating and operating a system that is very user friendly. The communication with customer service and help staff has been fabulous, and the ease of the system has helped our efficiency in great way!

Cons

Not finding it sooner! I love boulevard and so does our entire staff.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Very outdated system. No help support.

Sophie from WTHN

Love working with BLVD + excited to see them grow

Pros

BLVD is a great booking system for so many reasons. First and most importantly their team is incredibly responsive and helpful. Their help chat is perhaps the best on any platform that I use. Our rep is also always there to help us by answering questions or taking product requests. The platform is also pretty user-friendly and intuitive. BLVD is actively working on improvements + developments, so I look forward to seeing where they go next.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that are frustrating to our employees + our clients. For example the booking flow can feel stiff, and we are still not set up to have our clients have client profiles that they can log into and view their data in. On the internal side, sometimes there are processes that we have to do manually that I wish could be automated - pulling certain reports for example.

Shannon from Moxi Hair Studio

One of the best choices I have made for my salon business

Our overall experience with Boulevard has been exceptional. I have been so happy with this product. Worth every penny

Pros

What I like most is that is is easy, straight forward, it looks nice. Matches up with my branding, and the support team is on top. Any time I’ve needed support, have any question, someone reaches out usually within the same day- if not by next day. I can’t say enough about how much my team and I love this software- and we have only been using it for 5 months at this point.

Cons

Nothing so far- Boulevard is constantly working to make improvements and getting feedback/ideas from the customers using the software.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Initially I was looking for something less expensive. Cost is about the same, but Boulevard has been a better fit for my business’ needs. Their customer service is what sealed the deal for me

Jennie from Hermosa Hair Extension Bar

We love Boulevard!

Overall, we are so pleased w Blvd! The online booking feature is so fantastic, our clients always compliment how easy the process is :)

Pros

Here at HHEB Salon we love Blvd! We love the mobile app as it creates unity with our scheduling and keeps our stylists informed on scheduling! Our reception loves Blvd for easy booking and checking out! We appreciate the client profile sections to keep track of notes, services, products and appointment details. As a manager, I really like the manage tab. It provides me quick access to all info needed from inventory, sales, and employee info. This is also a great tool for goal setting and development.

Cons

We are very excited about the new loyalty program and are looking forward to implementing.... Still working on understanding ;)

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

The system was not user friendly and difficult to train on.

David from LUXELAB

Boulevard Review

Boulevard had been a great part of our overall success and have been wonderful partners.

Pros

Ease of use and customer service response. I also really appreciate the salon centered perspective and how they think about how to help salons become successful. I really love the fact that the software also captures and stores all client payment information. I also love the stylist app.

Cons

I would love a robust loyalty plan for clients. I would also love to see a more robust stylist app.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

We loved the idea of a cloud based, highly salon oriented software and were glad to be a small part of the genesis of the system.

Trey from Matthew Morris Salon and Skincare

Impressive and customizable

We love boulevard. Our clients and staff have the easiest access to a smartly integrated software and booking system.

Pros

I love being able to customize and build my own reports to build specifics for all my staff!

Cons

There were some growing pains at first - but getting worked out daily!

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Boulevard is far more customizable.

Victoria from Fruition Salon

Simple and Effective

It's been amazing. We were previously using Booker and I was at my wits end with them. We discovered BLVD in the middle of Quarantine and after many Zoom meetings we were able to have everything integrated and launched by our re-opening date. Very, very, happy.

Pros

Ease of use, layout, productivity, and comprehensive yet easily accessible reports. The Customer Service alone was worth the switch to BLVD. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are actual angels- I'm convinced.

Cons

Random little things- there's no option to do a mass print out of guest tickets for the day. There is no option to print out price stickers for product we retail.

Reasons for Choosing Boulevard

I think any switch from Booker would be an upgrade, but what really sealed the deal for us was the actual care we received from our onboarding specialists. We really felt like our wants and needs were recognized and acknowledged. That truly meant so much to us.

Booker was the worst.

Kelsey from bomane salon

Super easy to use

Overall easy and effortless with no major issues

Pros

I think booking on this is extremely easy, i like the viewing on the day/three day

Cons

i wish there was a view option for a week (instead of just one day or three days) and i also wish there was a whole month view (not necessarily with the blocks but just to view the month as a calendar whole). I also wish you could hold down an appointment and move the time up or down, or extend the appointment length by dragging the bottom of the appointment. Right now the hold down feature only creates a new appointment but doesn’t edit current appointments.

alaina from Reverie Salon

Boulevard with Salon functions

Pros

Its generally easy to navigate and easy for anyone to use; all the locations/ buttons are categorized efficiently

Cons

I would like to see an option to delete clients from the system

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

faster running service with less bugs, because it operates from a browser not a program. Easy to troubleshoot/ use another computer or tablet for checkouts when one isn't running/loading properly.

Grace from Reverie salon

Wonderful company!

Pros

Extremely user friendly! Our stylists and guests move with ease through this system which is super valuable.

Cons

No complaints about the system truly love this system.

Reasons for Switching to Boulevard

Millennium felt like it was from the Stone Age.