All Upserve Reviews

Devon

Intuitive restaurant pos

Great reporting suite included. Cuts down on data collection and double checking.

Pros

It works great for dine in pos. Support team is really amazing, quick and responsive. They also gave us a great rate to be our payment processor.

Cons

They need to do some work tailoring the system to work better for deliver and take out. There are a few odd behaviors for staff working double shifts as well, but generally avoidable

Bill

Use Upserve

It is great, particularly the Customer Service has been the best I have dealt with in 25 year in the business

Pros

I think that the integration of POS and Inventory is great and helps in a big way during monthly inventory.

Cons

Would like to see two way syncing between the Inventory and POS

Price and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Upserve

Functionality was better with Upserve... and in the end Customer Service was WAY better

Adrienne

Lacking

Not great. I am actively looking for a better POS. This company is too new and has a lot of kinks to workout. They claim to be designed by restaurant workers, and that just can't be the case.

Pros

What is there to like that other POS don't have? Nothing. At least one other POS has the "features" that UpServe claims to have.

Cons

There are many aspects of the system that need to be expanded upon. During the past few months there have been many challenges. There was a period that gift cards were not even redeemable while making online orders. Currently you can not pick and choose which online items you want to accept preorders for. Modifiers are a hot mess. It is not as advanced or user friendly as Focus or other POS systems. To make the modifiers easy for online customers they have to be super basic and not advanced enough for same menu items as in house items that staff rings in. When having online ordering active you are allowed to set the anticipated order time; however, it always gives the customer the minimum time. It does not add minutes on when accepting a few back to back. It does not add time when there is a ticket of many items. Clearly 2 entrees is not going to take the same amount of time as 8 will. When selling on a busy night having to log in and go through a couple screens to change the frame is too much. It needs to be more easily accessible. There are more things that I dislike about it, and it is the least user friendly system I have used since being in the restaurant business.

Reasons for choosing Upserve

I did not choose it. Someone that is no longer with the company.

Nanci

Industry: Restaurants

The ease of use is amazing. Reports are very easy to run and find what you are looking for. Changing or adding menu items very simple.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to produce reports

Cons

A few more steps than the last system. Splitting checks takes a bit to get used to

Reasons for choosing Upserve

The ease of use, and able to access from anywhere

Needed to upgrade

Karen

Very Pleased!

Not only is Upserve a great product, but the support desk is beyond helpful. I typically don't have to wait long to speak with a representative and they quickly understand my issue and work to resolve it immediately.

Pros

Upserve is super user friendly. It's easy to make changes on the fly and new employees can learn the system quickly.

Cons

A handful of limitations. (Unable to split items after a comp has been applied, not able to run our wine club sales through the system on a monthly basis.)

Reasons for choosing Upserve

The analytical capabilities on the back end were superior to other POS systems.

Robert

Fine. When it works...

They are a necessary evil.

Pros

Easy to use. Nothing too fancy but we don't need it to be fancy. We just need it to work

Cons

Every time there is a malfunction, it's never minor - it's a trainwreck. And then having to deal with customer service. Multiple times witb multiple people. And they never make it up to you - no credit for the inconvenience, nothing. No effort at reaching out to make things right. I Hate having to deal with it when the POS goes down. I always know it will be fucked up and I will lose money out of it and Upserve wont make it 100% right or whole.

Reasons for choosing Upserve

At the time, the other POS had their customer service only over email and Twitter. Its probably changed now; I should look into Square as an alternative.

Response from Upserve

Hi there Robert - thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your experience thus far hasn't been great. I took a look at your support tickets and it looks like our Support team has been able to troubleshoot and resolve your issues on the first call. If there's anything else we can help out with or how we can make resolutions quicker for you, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Replied May 2019

Leandro

Breadcrumb is an excellent POS system, but lack security

We are using the POS system in our 4 corporate restaurants and will be migrating the last one in 2 months. We use it for the employees to clock in/out, open checks for the guests, close checks, and receive payments. It addresses better control for our restaurant operation, in fact, we have some concern about the security related to users, but I love Breadcrumb because their team is always up to improve the system according to our needs. For any restaurant business, this is a very good system.

Pros

Very friendly interface for any level user, even the back office is pretty easy to deal with. There is a 24/7 support that you can contact direct from your terminal. Good rate when compared to other competitors. The team that works for Breadcrumb is always willing to help.

Cons

User security is not the best deal, any employee can clock in/out without supervisor approval. There should be more detailed security levels, for example, I do not want my manager to change roles, but if they can manage users they can manage roles as well. Split Checks should be easier to deal with. Additionally to that you cannot use the same table until the previous check is closed.

Response from Upserve

Hi Leandro, thanks for your review and feedback! We are glad to hear that our interface has been so user friendly for you and your staff. Thanks again for the helpful review!

Ryan

Breadcrumb Point of Sale review

Overall the customer service is usually stellar/top-notch. The program is easy to use and to teach.

Pros

The program is easy to use and functional. Being able to open search for items on the menu is very nice. Easy to teach and it is nice being able to put recipes directly into the menu.

Cons

Creating menu items is a hassle if you're making multiple changes. It would be nice if you added some filter options for creating and editing the menus, employees, and labor options. Separating large checks and collecting payments needs work it is definitely one of the worst point of sale systems in that regard.

Response from Upserve

Hi Ryan, thanks for the constructive review! We are glad to hear that our program was so easy to implement at your restaurant!

Jeff

Solid Platform For Restaurant Management

Pros

Upserve is a solid choice for restaurants. Lots of features and functionality. Unlike a lot of POS systems, I like the versatility and ability to manage the floor plan and some front of house features. They have some good online resources for teaching staff and overall I enjoyed using the product compared to other restaurant POS systems.

Cons

Initially setting up menus was a little tedious for me but overall I still really like the system. Lots of functionality. Seems like a good option for all sizes of restaurants.

Response from Upserve

Hi there Jeff! Thank you for your feedback, and we're happy to hear that your experience with Upserve so far has been positive. We try to make the functionality for building menus as easy as possible. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team or your Customer Success Manager to walk you through any of that menu building. We're always here to help! Cheers, The Upserve Team

Replied February 2019

Corey

Overall a very good experience. The latest major update from 2 yrs ago fixed the majority of bugs.

An overall well functioning POS system

Pros

Ease of use, fast data loading, export of data, product mix reports, sales reports, payroll functionality

Cons

Duplicate accounts created when importing daily sales ledger into QuickBooks, data loading sometimes defaults back to "All" when selecting items or roles, system sometimes crashes on rare occasions

Greg

Industry: Computer Networking

I install and maintain POS hardware and software for hundreds of restaurants - Breadcrumb Review

I am an IT tech who has installed and maintained every type of POS out there. This is definitely one of my favorites for restaurants with one station or ten. Great for bars and restaurants with heavy traffic - very reliable.

Pros

After doing computer repair for 20 years and point of sale for retail, restaurants, and hotels - I can honestly say that Breadcrumb offers one of the best solutions. Apple Hardware-based, good hard-wired printers, good quality, and solid router/firewall installs with the best equipment out there. I feel like this POS offering is more resilient and reliable than the competitors due to the good hardware and the easy to use APP. Calling into support day or late at night you will speak to a knowledgeable and helpful tech who gets you the info you need to carry on business. They have remote access and can see where the problem is - instead of sending you an overpriced technician from out of state at twice the price because you're mysteriously not up and running (rare). No service is perfect but having a reliable tech on the other end of the phone is worth it's weight in gold.

Cons

I would guess that a con is the high price of hardware but that's unavoidable - if you're using the best hardware available (Apple, StarTSP, Cisco Meraki) then it might carry a higher price tag but the tradeoff is reliability. You wouldn't get Breadcrumb if you're trying to cut corners and save money - this is the real deal iPad based and dependable system. Cost is always on the mind of business owners so this could be an issue for some business owners but if you aren't spending an hour a day working through tech issues aren't you really just saving money in the long run?

Response from Upserve

Hi Greg, thanks for your amazing review! We are happy to hear that our services stand out amongst our competitors and that our customer service has been such an asset for you. Thanks again for the great review!

Ronda

Great POS

Overall, my experience with Upserve POS has been seamlessly a great one.

Pros

The PEARL is a bar. We don't sell food yet. The software makes it fairly easy to set up new menu items and categories. I love the useful reports that you can make, like find top 100 customers; which beer we sold the most on any one night. And customer support is excellent. By far, I'd say that the customer support is the best ever.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that we have Happy Hour prices and then regular prices. When I want to try to keep tract of inventory of a beer, I might put in that we have 24 or 48 beers of a certain brand. When they are sold the two categories of say Bud Light and HH Bud Light do not merge as they count down. So, using it for inventory is not working for me.

Reasons for choosing Upserve

Someone I know had a daughter who had a restaurant and used it. When she told me they could see the sales number from their smart phone and not be at the location, that hooked me. So I called Upserve which was then Breadcrumbs.

Eric

Industry: Restaurants

Great product with great people and great service

Pros

We’ve used Upserve for 4 plus years now and we have never had an issue that wasn’t resolved in more than 24 hours. The product is wonderful and the service we’ve experienced is great.

Cons

The only change we would make is to the EMV processing speed. I know it’s being worked on so that’s really all they can do at this time. Maybe a nice display on the EMV reader to make it easier for guests to use

Reasons for switching to Upserve

Upserve has a superior product

Edward

Upserve for Brewery!

Great experience. Help Desk is amazing!

Pros

Great for online ordering! Easy to update. Good reports!

Cons

Inventory control for online orders (preorders)

Cost

Reasons for switching to Upserve

Cost, technology, ease of use

Amanda