All ConsignPro Reviews

Liam

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

It does the job very well when you have the hang of it.

Takes a few months to get used to but when you are used to it its great.

PROS

Very rich in book keeping features, when you get the hang of it it's really a fantastic piece of software. Allows me to track everything and leave notes and comments etc. It really has every feature I need.

CONS

It takes a little while to underdtand the software as it isn't very intuitive. We are a small family business and we don't see many new employees so this hasn't caused much of an issue other than the initial implementation.

kelly

CP

Used consignpro for many years! It’s the best ever!

PROS

Very user friendly and the support team is AMAZING!

CONS

There’s nothing I don’t like. It’s an amazing product

Reason for choosing ConsignPro

Just seemed easier by their demo and great support and much better pricing

Susan

Reviewed September 2020

Does not perform as promised

You asked for the review, so here goes!!! I bought the platinum package. The good news is that I have a nice PC out of the purchase. The bad news is that there are so many limitations on tag choices and print management that I need a lot of tech support, which fortunately is included in the first year. I use the small 1 inch square tags, but would like even smaller. No flexibility on print font size, etc. Scanner use isn't compatible with printing multiple tags because the barcode doesn't print on multiple squares. And, that's just some of the frustration. Too many "yes, it can do that" answers during the sales pitch. The real experience is much different. The instruction booklet isn't comprehensive in many areas. Because of COVID, I didn't use it much in the first 30 days, so couldn't return. I can't recommend this product and do not believe it deserves the 5 star rating from NARTS. It could be better in the other areas, but would require a lot of software rework.

PROS

Robust inventory management. Superb tech support, which is heavily needed.

CONS

Promoted and sold as good for consignments, as well as purchased inventory. Not really true. Too many work-arounds required for dealing with purchased inventory and printing tags that are not the standard long colored tags. It's really for consignments. Needs a lot of tech support. Instruction booklet leaves a lot out or isn't clear. When I watch what tech support does to help with many of my problems, I find myself asking "where are the instructions for that? How am I supposed to be able to figure that out as a user?" Ongoing tech support costs after the first year. I will be replacing it within the next year.

Reason for choosing ConsignPro

Because it seemed to support consignments and purchased inventory better than alternatives. In retrospect, there is a better way.

"Consign"Pro certainly handles consignment with ease - it was developed especially for that and is the best consignment software serving this market. We have (literally) eight different tag/label formats that we support. Unlimited Support is included for the first year, a 150 page User Guide, and a dozen YouTube training videos (free) available and free training sessions. We will reach out to you to make sure the training was complete and fix any remaining issues you have.

Replied September 2020

renee

Reviewed November 2020

Very Satisfied Lake Geneva Business :)

PROS

Ease of use and EXCELLENT customer service.

CONS

A really great add on would be a time clock.

Reason for choosing ConsignPro

Research and referrals from other consign pro users

Cees

Reviewed November 2020

Overall very very satisfied

When we purchased this store in 2017 it came with CosignPro as well. We ran into several user issues that are described in other reviews. I have looked for other, maybe better, software and failed. With that in mind I allowed myself the time to learn to know the software from a user's perspective. In other words: Give yourself time and try out before buying :) I am quite computer literate and have operated a repair service for several years. Some of the complaints I read from other users, like failing printer, frozen screens, etc. we have related to power surges, older computer equipment and sometimes a bit of a bite that needs a reset. Since we brought in battery back-ups, surge related issues are a thing of the past. Sometimes a printer refuses to work (about every 2-3 months). To safe ourselves frustration, we just do a hard reset (on/off button) to arrange all the bits and the bites and things run smoothly. This is NOT a software issue, but just computer reality. We are now considering to upgrade our i3 systems to something newer. No, I am not in any way related to ConsignPro staff. I am simply a store owner in Canada who is very very happy with the product and the service.

PROS

User Interface: Though several reviews seem to desire a more "App-like" or modern look, we are happy with the "simple" look we have. Easy to understand, quite fool proof and easy to train staff. Reports: Where others seem to have issues with the reporting options, we have no trouble at all. Our needs are very well taken care of. Support: During the past weeks we have made several changes to our store, including the addition of a web store. The staff was incredibly responsive, including on Saturdays. I mostly worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I can't praise them enough. Not cloud based: Though I understand the reasons for cloud based software, I am happy our version is not. One purchase price, instead of monthly subscription. Can continue to operate the store when internet fails, which came in handy several times.

CONS

I just discussed this with my wife and she honestly can't come up with something. Keep in mind that we might miss something, but then we are happily ignorant.

HeidiJo

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Small Town Business with BIG Business Program & Support

As a first time owner of a business and my first retail store to open, I would recommend ConsignPro as the program to use. I shopped consignment for years. As I went in and out of places, I would ask about the program they used. ConsignPro was mentioned over and over again. After much research in the industry and creating my business plan, I know ConsignPro would be my choice. I have been a customer since Nov 2013 and have been extremely happy. I lease the program. As a mom/pop style shop and NOT an expert in the IT area, I leave that up to the experts, ConsignPro. This has been a huge help. Everyone is always so helpful and over the years, I feel like I know them personally! I have worked with multiple reps. Always a pleasure to talk to and easy to do business. I have an extensive business and marketing background. As I learned the program, the reports and data that I can pull to find trends, produce marketing to clients, track client behaviors, the rewards program and so much more, is EXTREMELY helpful in running our business. Thank you ConsignPro TEAM!

PROS

Easy to use and learn, the reporting is tremendously helpful to gain information on seasonal trends, YOY trends, marketing, client & consignor behaviors and trends, friendly & helpful staff

CONS

I wish there was a way to do direct email on each of the trends - example: Email just my clients/consignors that have a birthday this month vs extract and manually process. Extract data for clients with over a certain dollar spend and email them directly through ConsignPro vs extract and send. Extract data such as so many visits and email them a coupon directly through ConsignPro (with a coupon creation ability in the program). These are things I would like to be able to do inside the program and not have to extract and move to a separate program to perform.

Thank you for the feedback Heidi. Luckily there is a way you can email and text your consignors and customers directly from ConsignPro. You can even send targeted emails to your customers or consignors with a specific birth month. We also have a Customer Rewards Program that will provide a discount for your customer once they spend x amount of dollars (specified by you). If you are interested in creating a coupon for your customers then our integrated Comeback Buks feature sounds like the perfect fit! Comeback Buks are designed as a marketing tool built into ConsignPro to encourage repeat business. When used in conjunction with our receipt printers, a special coupon will print on the bottom of the customer sales receipt. The coupon will be for an amount based on the amount of their ¿current¿ purchase or a flat dollar amount. An expiration date can also be added to the coupon. If you have any questions or would like assistance with any of these features please give support a quick call.

Replied July 2018

Karen

Retail, 51-200 employees

Tech Support is Outstanding

Overall, we are very happy with our ConsignPro choice. I am especially grateful for the excellent tech support available when I have questions - and there have been a lot of them as I am learning the system!

PROS

We converted our consignment thrift store POS program from one custom written for us to ConsignPro so that we could have reliable technical support and be dependent on the one person who could manage our old system. Adapting ConsignPro's features to the way were used to doing business was a bit tricky, but the staff (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) have been so helpful and patient. Help is usually immediately available during our business hours, and I have found the staff to be friendly, smart, patient and very responsive. Since our charity consignment store is run by an all-volunteer staff of nearly 100 folks who are mostly not-so-tech-savvy, the user-friendliness of the system was also of importance to us, and we have found it fairly easy to learn. The ability for our consignors to check their accounts online through MyResaleWeb has also been a big plus - they love it! Thanks, ConsignPro, for bringing us into the 2020s!

CONS

We have had to change the way we do a few things around the shop in order to adapt to the features of the ConsignPro program. Printing duplicate tickets automatically for shoes and other 2 piece items was something the ConsingPro staff had to customize for us, and it has not always worked reliably. Not having an end-date and a ticket color that we can lock-in for an entire month at a time has also caused a few issues; we have to set those two parameters every time we log-in, and it is hard to get our many volunteers to remember to do it correctly. Also, the training videos online could stand to be updated to match the changes in the software.

Reason for choosing ConsignPro

Ease of use at a competitive price, and the online option for our consignors to check their accounts.

Reasons for switching to ConsignPro

So we no longer had to depend on just one person to fix our tech issues, since he is aging and not always available.

Amy

Only the best for me!

Fabulous!

PROS

I have used ConsignPro for over 10 years now. Anytime I have ever called for help I have always received fast, friendly and competent service! I even got to speak a time or 2 with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of ConsignPro and he was extremely helpful and patient when a new employee deleted all the inventory in my store ... twice!

CONS

The only thing I could think of is maybe the maintenance plan. I personally don’t feel I need to update with each new version addition when my version works for me and my little store. I don’t sell on eBay, take pictures or use the barcodes.

Reason for choosing ConsignPro

Beyond easy to use and understand!

Gina

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

ConsignPro is the only way to go!

As a 51 year old consignment shop owner, I am not a techy person. I love ConsignPro because it does everything I need so I can focus on my customers, consignors and my shop. I've been using ConsignPro since I opened 7 years ago and can assure you, they are an important part of my success!

PROS

ConsignPro is like having another employee working for you! It's extremely user friendly and keeps all of my accounts organized. I like the reporting format and the ability to access any analytical data I need to continue making marketing decisions for my shop.

CONS

Honestly, I have no complaints. I'm extremely happy with this software.

Reason for choosing ConsignPro

I chose ConsignPro for several reasons. One, I spoke to other consignment shop owners as my husband and I traveled and, hands down, ConsignPro was the one recommended the most. Second, I felt it was priced reasonably for all of the functions it provided and finally, I LOVE the ease of use. I currently have 12 employees and, honestly, I don't enjoy training. ConsignPro makes that process so easy and quick.

Reviewed December 2017

Consign Pro is great for the basic software I need in my resale business.

It makes the ease of imputing items and monitoring inventory each day.

PROS

It's easy to use, customer service is outstanding for the value and the new texting feature is great!

CONS

I so wish it had built in pricing for Buy Outright Stores and there were more options to put in for discounts

we just added built-in pricing for women's fashions. additionally, we have a one-click "Check eBay" button for more pricing help.

Replied December 2017

Maemie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

A Good Program that is Being Continuously Updated

I enjoyed using this software but wish I was able to get the training provided in an less expensive way to I could fully use all of it's capabilities.

PROS

The reporting capabilities of this software are very helpful in running a business. The developed is always adding new features that the community is asking for.

CONS

The training for the software was provided at an out of county location during an all inclusive expensive vacation. No other training was provided for those who did not want to go on the all inclusive vacation.

Reasons for switching to ConsignPro

Consign Pro is bought with a 1 time fee which over time was much less expensive than Simple Consign's monthly fee.

Thank you for your review. We offer free, unlimited training sessions for new customers. If you did not receive your one-on-one training, please contact sales@consignpro.com or call (888) 721-9767 Ext.1.

Replied September 2020

Charlene

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2016

ConsignPro Has Become One of "My Favorite Things"

Right before I opened my consignment shop called "My Favorite Things" back in October of 2013, I did some research on computer software for my business. I found that ConsignPro was leaps and bounds ahead of every other kind that's out there on the market. When I checked into the pricing, I went back and forth, in my head, between the expense of the software vs. the alternative, doing all paperwork by hand. I came to the conclusion that I would probably have to put in an extra 10 to 15 hours per week in the store, if I didn't get it, plus I thought about the many possibilities of human error. I chose to buy it, in the end. Now that my store has been open over 3 years, and I see everything ConsignPro does for me on a daily basis, I realize that it really wasn't a choice at all. I don't even see how I could run my store efficiently or effectively without one of my MOST favorite things, my Consignpro software.

PROS

How easy it is to learn and operate.

CONS

Tech dept hasn't always been there when I really needed them, especially during start-up.

Thomas

Reviewed June 2017

Great for consignment, art, and locally made items.

PROS

The software is very well thought out and just overall awesome for a store selling secondhand items on consignment. We also sell a lot of locally made items and new items that we order in, and the system is versatile enough to handle everything we throw at it. I looked at several other kinds of software before deciding on this one, and I'm so glad I went with Consignpro.

CONS

About the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't mind added is if you could see some of the last items as you were entering them. When you're entering secondhand items in one by one, it's fine, but when you're entering in dozens of new items as we do, you can develop tunnel vision and forget where in the order you are. Also, I wish myresaleweb was a little more modernized.

Used free trial

Reviewed July 2015

Not the best but not the worst given the few options available to consignment shops.

Contacting ConsignPro is an easy experience but as they say you date sales but you marry service. Sales is great and they take time to step you through all that you need. However when you need tech support there is only one guy available (although you may get the owner on occasion). The tech guy can be helpful in troubleshooting but doesn't seem to care about your suggestions going so far as to tell me "we're not going to do that" when I asked for an improvement to aid with an inventory search. Once your tech support agreement expires it is $150 to renew it. I did not renew mine because many bugs have not been fixed through various updates. I continue to have problems and refused to pay money to fix a buggy product. Additionally, the product has serious limitations. Perhaps the greatest is that if a tag falls off a store item you cannot simply look it up through a search like you might google a webpage. You must run a report and are unable to click or interact with the report to see the details of each item in inventory as it is a PDF report. You must print the report, then look up each inventory number one at a time until you find the item you are looking for. The lack of categories and descriptors in the software only complicate the issue. Now to make matters worse I have an error#5 that won't allow me to print store receipts for my customers. Rebooting the software, computer, reinstalling printers, connections, etc do not help and this is no 24/7 support for ConsignPro. Even there 911@consignpro.com email may not get answered per their own voicemail message.

As Mark stated, he choose not to renew his Support Plan ($200 / year) yet is somehow very surprised that his Support was limited this weekend. All of his current issues are easily fixed. We dedicate most of our time helping customers who have paid for the Support Plan. We also provide every single customer with 1-year of unlimited Support at no charge at all. Most customers renew the Plan after that. Our Support Plan remains the best value in this industry, as does our award-winning software, ConsignPro.

Replied July 2015

Susan

Local by Design

ConsignPro offers excellent customer service and communication with their customers. I have also not gotten good reviews from my consigners on the use of www.myresaleweb.

PROS

This product is easy to use and does MOST of what we need.

CONS

I need a software that is cloud based. It is too time consuming to have to be in the different locations to get the information that is needed at any given time. I would like to the two locations to be connected. We offer direct deposit to our consigners and having to manually had the payouts into their account activity is also time consuming. It also does not offer all of the types of reports I need, which again, forces me to fill in a lot of spreadsheets manually to get the information I need.

Katie

Consignpro makes life easy

I can't imagine what I would do without ConsignPro! This system is so easy to use so well organized! The customer service is TOP NOTCH and if they don't have an answer for you right away they will find the answer for you and get back to you. My consignors LOVE the myresaleweb.com feature and it has cut down on how many phone calls I get about their accounts. I have enjoyed your product so much that I have referred you to a couple of my friends who own businesses. They now use it and love it too!! Thank you, ConsignPro staff, for such a great experience!

PROS

The ease of use. I love that it is integrated with Quickbooks and makes my life so much easier when it comes to taking care of my own books.

CONS

I would really like a feature that compares your income for each day. I like to keep track of whether or not we've exceeded another day's income.

Janice

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2011

My consignment store sells clothing for both men and women, shoes, jewelry, accessories and home decor. It is owner-operated with one full-time and one part-time staff member. A month after opening my store, I thought there had to be a better, faster way to track all my inventory and there had to be a program out there to do ti for me. So I went online and reviewed the different programs available. I was a member of NARTS so I took the membership list and randomly called stores to find out what they used and if they liked it. ConsignPro came up again and again and no one said anything negative against it. One of my main concerns was if I would receive support in a timely fashion from an American company that is several time zones away from my location; I am in Northwestern Canada. I did not need to be concerned the support from ConsignPro, it's excellent. They always call me back, usually within the hour. If I email my questions the night before, I have an answer the next morning before I open my store. The program is easy to use. When I hire someone new the first thing they do is start entering inventory and making sales - no problem. I've never had any employees complain about the program. I really do think highly of this program, but here are my negatives. The written manual they send with the program is not well organized, in terms of the way my mind looks up information to find answers to problems. However, I seldom have to use the manual. One look-up feature that the program does not have that I would find useful is the ability to look up an item by brand name. Even a list that would tell you what brands you are selling most often would be helpful and interesting. Their customer reward section is not very user-friendly; it allows you to enter people twice too easily and if you enter in the wrong name it is very hard to remove. There are always little things that can bug you but Brian listens to suggestions and is constantly updating the program based on customer suggestions. I would never have any hesitation recommending this program to anyone.

Marcy