• Pros

• "Powerful but very very easy to use. Competitively priced. Great Value. Great support."

• "Very easy to use, very user-friendly. Excellent customer service"

• "The product itself is good. Have been satisfied with the product I purchased years ago."

• Cons

• "There are some minor database search features that would be more convenient, but nothing major."

• "Some functions are a little counterintuitive, but nothing unpassable. "

• "The only downfall for this system is the graphics are not very appealing. The cost is a little on the high side as well. "

Browse ConsignPro Reviews

Byron from Macy's

I love Consign Pro! Does what I need, WHEN I need! Fast!

cosign pro makes consignment an easy breezy thing of modern bliss. What was once a daunting bookkeeping tracking task, has become incredibly easy to not just handle, and manage, but to master.

Pros

- SO much more responsive than competing software -More features than what I was using previously -Increased my margins through use of this software. -User-friendly, familiar UI structure

Cons

-not really many cons to talk about -wish I had discovered it sooner -Needs to be used more widespread

HeidiJo from BB Consign & Design LLC

Small Town Business with BIG Business Program & Support

As a first time owner of a business and my first retail store to open, I would recommend ConsignPro as the program to use. I shopped consignment for years. As I went in and out of places, I would ask about the program they used. ConsignPro was mentioned over and over again. After much research in the industry and creating my business plan, I know ConsignPro would be my choice. I have been a customer since Nov 2013 and have been extremely happy. I lease the program. As a mom/pop style shop and NOT an expert in the IT area, I leave that up to the experts, ConsignPro. This has been a huge help. Everyone is always so helpful and over the years, I feel like I know them personally! I have worked with multiple reps. Always a pleasure to talk to and easy to do business. I have an extensive business and marketing background. As I learned the program, the reports and data that I can pull to find trends, produce marketing to clients, track client behaviors, the rewards program and so much more, is EXTREMELY helpful in running our business. Thank you ConsignPro TEAM!

Pros

Easy to use and learn, the reporting is tremendously helpful to gain information on seasonal trends, YOY trends, marketing, client & consignor behaviors and trends, friendly & helpful staff

Cons

I wish there was a way to do direct email on each of the trends - example: Email just my clients/consignors that have a birthday this month vs extract and manually process. Extract data for clients with over a certain dollar spend and email them directly through ConsignPro vs extract and send. Extract data such as so many visits and email them a coupon directly through ConsignPro (with a coupon creation ability in the program). These are things I would like to be able to do inside the program and not have to extract and move to a separate program to perform.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the feedback Heidi. Luckily there is a way you can email and text your consignors and customers directly from ConsignPro. You can even send targeted emails to your customers or consignors with a specific birth month. We also have a Customer Rewards Program that will provide a discount for your customer once they spend x amount of dollars (specified by you). If you are interested in creating a coupon for your customers then our integrated Comeback Buks feature sounds like the perfect fit! Comeback Buks are designed as a marketing tool built into ConsignPro to encourage repeat business. When used in conjunction with our receipt printers, a special coupon will print on the bottom of the customer sales receipt. The coupon will be for an amount based on the amount of their ¿current¿ purchase or a flat dollar amount. An expiration date can also be added to the coupon. If you have any questions or would like assistance with any of these features please give support a quick call.

cheryl from Cheryl's Cottage Home

Consign Pro/The Right Program for You

A very good company that respects their customers and a great response time on helping if you do have questions. You feel valued as one of their customers so you can help your customers!

Pros

I purchased an existing clothing consignment business that had the Consign Pro program. The ease of learning and using the program was very user friendly. The accuracy of keeping track of sales for each customer was great. Whenever I did have a small problem the Consign Pro team was always helpful and knowledge and easy to get ahold of. I highly suggest getting their support add on program, it will pay for itself after just one time. I highly recommend this program for anyone in the consignment world!

Cons

The only thing I had a little trouble figuring out at first was how to get into a specialized report if someone wanted a certain date or end of year for taxes but once the team explained it was easy. Read your manual that comes with the program and it explains things really well.

Rick from Tradewinds

Adequate at best but gets the job done.

Using consignor pro personally for 2 years i found it to be just adequate for a small store like what we have. if all you need is one computer to make sales and do inventory it is pretty good. If you are like me and enjoy smart integration this is the furthest thing from it. They charge money per computer then again if you want those computers to talk to each other per computer. Something that is very easy to do with a little networking knowledge. Customer support is irritated and condescending from the start. they clearly don't want to help. It has a lot of technically problems and quirks. I have fixed/ worked around most of them. At least once a week i have to fix something stupid for my employees. Most the times they cause it but what they did shouldn't have caused a problem to begin with. The tag printer especially has so many problems. Anything you can think of it has done it at random. Print two of the same tag. not print, only print the bottom half of the tag, Spit out a tag with nothing on it instead of print it, only print when facing downward. And then it will work fine right after any of those. I have cleaned it. it changed nothing. I only add this part because it came from them in the bundle we got and i'm not enter sure the problem is from the printer its self. i could go on forever about all the problems that consignor pro has but i put in the biggest ones i can think of quickly for the cons section. I also reached the limit of words in the cons section.

Pros

As much as i complain about this software its not all bad. It does get the job done and not that badly. When i run into a problem or setting that needs to be changed it often has at least one setting that helps. more then i often expect it too. it has enough ways to check on your employees and see whats happened that day assuming they don't know the security exploit i talked about. -If you are planning on being the only worker in your store and don't like a lot of overwhelming features or mouthy charges this is pretty great option. Its self explanatory and easy to use once you figure out how to get around all the bugs. If not for all the bugs i would say it is would be good for those who are bad with tech but you'll spend more time fixing it then using it when you first get it and tech support is a mouthy subscription don't want to help. They do pick up fast though.

Cons

-You can view admin restricted information in its program files. Such as find and edit account log in/out and deletion logs. they are stored in plane text files. This would make it very easy to lie and steal as an employee. Such as: log in 10 minutes late but edit it to say you were on time or add money to an account; cash it out when delete the logs of both happening. This would keep the till accurate at the end of the day while also leaving no log of who did it or that it happened. I had an employee doing this and only found out do to our camera system. -The software feels and looks like its from the 2000s. Its also inconstant making teaching new employees harder. Such as: when ringing up an item to sale. -Putting in 1 it would price it at 1$. Makes sense, but when you are adding new items into inventory putting in 1 prices it at .01$ but finishing the item without leaving the pricing box would make it a 1$ So to make it 1$ you have to type in 100. leave the pricing box by pressing tab then finish the item. This makes it easy to accidentally price an item at 100$ that supposed to be 1$ If you leave the pricing box blank and trying to do anything else it pops up saying you have to enter a number first. Slowing you down. if you put in 1.99 it freaks out and puts something like .03 in instead. Don't know why. O and if you enter anything that is not a number the software just crashes and doesn't enter the item. it completely closes and saves nothing that was changed.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied June 2020

There are many security features built-into ConsignPro including employee permissions, an owners "suspicion" log file, and employee logging - all tools that only the owner has access to. We've recently moved all log files into the database file itself making them less susceptible to exploit by dishonest employees. While no program is impervious to dishonest employees, ConsignPro is as close as it gets.

Rennitha from Yours and Mine Consignment LLC

Wonderful experience!

My experience with ConsignPro has always made me feel as though my Consignors were being treated the way I would want to be treated as a Consignor. Some of my Consignors have asked me to recommend another Consignment shop, I always say make sure they use ConsignPro.

Pros

Not only is it a wonderful software program for someone new to opening up a Consignment shop as was my experience but it is one of the easiest programs I have ever used.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about ConsignPro.

Reasons for Choosing ConsignPro

After talking with other ConsignPro users, everyone seemed very happy with this product.

Maemie from The Scarborough Company

A Good Program that is Being Continuously Updated

I enjoyed using this software but wish I was able to get the training provided in an less expensive way to I could fully use all of it's capabilities.

Pros

The reporting capabilities of this software are very helpful in running a business. The developed is always adding new features that the community is asking for.

Cons

The training for the software was provided at an out of county location during an all inclusive expensive vacation. No other training was provided for those who did not want to go on the all inclusive vacation.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review. We offer free unlimited training sessions for every new customer. If you did not receive your one-on-one training, please contact sales@consignpro.com or call (888) 721-9767 Ext.1.

Debbie from Second Looks

Great Service!

I had a software emergency after hours (Consign-Pro's hours,) last week and emailed [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Consign-Pro and texted [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my favorite support person. Both got back to me within 5 minutes of my email/text and got us up and running within just a few minutes! I was very impressed with the quickness of their response! Thanks, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!

Pros

Very user-friendly! And it's super easy to teach new employees.

Cons

Not too much that I don't like. Maybe that we aren't alerted when a new update is available.

Liam from TheCrocShopUK

It does the job very well when you have the hang of it.

Takes a few months to get used to but when you are used to it its great.

Pros

Very rich in book keeping features, when you get the hang of it it's really a fantastic piece of software. Allows me to track everything and leave notes and comments etc. It really has every feature I need.

Cons

It takes a little while to underdtand the software as it isn't very intuitive. We are a small family business and we don't see many new employees so this hasn't caused much of an issue other than the initial implementation.

Christy from Retail Industry

CONSIGN PRO Just like the name

CONSIGN PRO like its name - Pro Software for Consignments stores

Pros

I use this software at a consinment shop - I love eveything about it- gives rewards for $ spent - automaticly caculates and prints on the recipt -

Cons

I honestly dont think there was anything that was a con / nothing that I can say I least likesw about it

Consign Pro Review

Our old system used to freeze and crash, often causing delays and angry customers. That rarely happens now. I'd recommend ConsignPro to a friend.

Pros

Different POS systems are required for different sectors of the farm, depending on what product is being sold. We use Consign Pro as our Grill POS system because of the flexiblity and speed of the software. So far, no other program has been able to keep up with the speed of this system.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to find certain setting, however, their support team is very good and i never had any big issues.

Kim from Cuddle Bugs Boutique

Good basic software

Consign Pro is good for a basic start up shop. It has all of the features you need to keep track of inventory. It's missing some key features for me, though. I would like an easy way to offer a higher percent for those consignors who use store credit instead of taking cash. I've also found it very hard to link multiple stores inventory and consignors. There should be an easy way to see consignors from my other two stores from the store they are not a consignor at. I think it's unfair that for the price you do not get free help from the company. Most companies offer support to anyone who owns their products, you shouldn't have to pay extra. Another thing I don't like is that it is difficult to calculate sales tax to pay to the state. NYS has different taxes for different categories of items and it is very difficult to calculate what I have taken in when it comes to vendor items and consigned items. I do like the online store option but it's annoying that you have to upload the online store every time you want a sold item to come off your site. I also think the online store should accept PayPal. When printing items available it does not allow you to only print a range of dates so I have to waste paper and ink to print the whole list, not just the date range I'm looking for. I've also found that their add-on hardware is very over-priced compared to buying the items off amazon. The last thing I find annoying is that it does not automatically update the software. You have to go to their site and do an upgrade. Most programs nowadays automatically update when a new version comes out. Overall, it meets basic needs of tracking consignors and inventory but for my personal business, it lacks many things I would like to see in consignment shop software that was so expensive.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your feedback Kim. You can easily change the split percentage for each consignor as well as individual inventory. We do not recommend networking multiple locations, as it can result in a slow response time. Instead you can use a remote desktop software to view the other stores. You can also setup the software to automatically send you a text or email alert with the sales numbers every day, that way you can see your sales for each location without physically being there. Support is free for the first year and OPTIONAL to renew thereafter. There is not an ongoing software fee and our support fees help to pay our amazing support team and continuously improve our software. Again, it's OPTIONAL to renew. ConsignPro handles the different tax rates for NY and provides reports for each. The online store shopping cart IS through PayPal. You are not required to purchase the POS Hardware through us, if you find it cheaper elsewhere then you're welcome to purchase there.

Maggie from The Artists Gallery

square peg in round hole--almost fits for us

We are a cooperative with many contributing sellers, but also with 40+ volunteers who work shifts at the cash register. Consignpro is meeting our bookkeeping needs, and helping to streamline things on the in-house side, but it's very difficult for our volunteers to use for making sales. It has slowed down the customer transaction, unfortunately. It's fine for the handful of us who have gotten familiar with all the features, but it's not very intuitive for those who only use it once a month. For example, it appears that a patchwork of changes have been made as users have given feedback, but they've been "added on" instead of being worked into the fabric of the program. As a result, the menu button is not always located in the same place or it's not always clear how to get back to the menu. It's one set of steps if you are on the inventory look up page, but a different set of steps if you are on the invoice look up page. Sometimes the location of buttons, such as on the customer info page--that the find button is on the bottom left. Seems that you would type a few letters of the last name then the button would be right next to it. If someone from CP wants me to go into more detail, I'll document these things. It shouldn't be a deal-breaker for someone who runs a traditional consignment store, esp. if there are only a handful of employees/salespeople. For a cooperative with many volunteers using the program, the complication of it is problematic. It has improved life for the bookkeeper but made things more stressful for all our sales volunteers. On the other hand, Major Kudos regarding support! Everyone is always amazingly helpful and responsive. I always get a quick response that answers all of my questions.

Pros

Great product for a traditional consignment store with a small, dedicated work force.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. Things often don't make sense, either where buttons are located or how to find information that I need.

joanna from savvy chic consignment boutique

ConsignPro Review 2016

I could not ask for a better system of keeping my business information up to date! Every aspect of my consignment business is documented easily and quickly with ConsignPro. Customers appreciate the ease of finding merchandise information on the color tags, which hold comprehensive data. It is easy to locate store merchandise with ConsignPro, whether it is to pull items for return/donation or to find a specific item for a customer searching for it. The end of day reports are invaluable, as are the end of year reports. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable on every single little detail of the ConsignPro program. It amazes me every time I have to call for support! (Allyson I love you!) I would encourage anyone who uses this wonderful program to take advantage of the ConsignPro cruises and/or resort conferences. I have attended 2 so far and have walked away with so many new tips and a better understanding of everything the system can do to help my consignment business. There is none better!!!

Pros

ease of tagging items being able to offer consignors a way to track their items makes payout easy variety of reports that are available

Cons

nothing comes to mind

Duff from Good Buy Girls

Co-Owner Good Buy Girls Resale

Running a consignment shop, most of the people we hired were not very familiar or comfortable overall with computers or programs. However, my background is in IT project management. ConsignPro is perfect for us! It has all the functionality we need to run our business, so it's very powerful. However, the simplicity of use was what really impressed me. That's the secret. Creating a powerful application isn't the hard part, in my opinion, creating an application that virtually anyone can use to harness that power is where ConsignPro shines. It's extremely easy for our employees to use and understand, but yet does everything we'd need (and much more I'm sure we don't utilize). The other thing that surprised me about ConsignPro is how much they do for support. I've had communication and conversations directly with Brian Wilson (owner/creator) as well as many of the other knowledgeable support folks (who are all great by the way). Where can you get that type of support, where you are speaking with the software creator, with other companies? I'm sure as they continue to grow that won't always be the case, but that type of customer support is what great companies are built on. I'd highly recommend using ConsignPro in your resale/consignment shop.

Pros

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Marcy from Lily Kat's Consignment Boutique

Looking Forward to What's Next

I switched to ConsignPro in June 2014 although the majority of my peers use other options. I have been very pleased & have had few issues. I do have lots of ideas for improvements & new features for day to day operations that will make life out here that much better. I understand there is a could based version coming & stuck with ConsignPro because of this rather than switching. I am looking forward to this change & all improvements that will go along with it. Brian & his entire team are very responsive & helpful.

Pros

It's fast & accurate. Making sales is quick & easy. MyResaleWeb has been extremely helpful. Online database backups & remote entry options are great additions too.

Cons

Reports are not always easy to use (specifically financial reports). Wish they were more customizable.

Manya from Manya Vee Selects

June 2011

I have a gallery selling handmade in America items, by artists in small studios. For the first few years, we were entirely consignment. A tip from a similar shop about ConsignPro led us to purchase that software about 10 years ago, shortly after opening our shop. Until then, we did all receipts and calculating by hand, which of course, led to a number of mistakes. We wanted software that would: a) track inventory b) make it easy to keep one artist's inventory list clean and easy to find c) make month-end commission check writing easy d) be easily updated, allowing for easy returns and easy input of new work e) have some mechanism for customer tracking f) be easy to train staff to use g) make it easy to track daily, weekly, monthly, annual sales numbers The implementation was about as easy as it can get. We purchased the software, the receipt printer, and a cash drawer. I'm not too bad with computer installations, but don't do it often enough to be anything like an expert. I found it very easy to install everything, and get all those pieces to work with each other. Over the years, when problems have come up, the support staff have been very quick with help and response. The annual service plan is absolutely worth it. We would've been lost without it several times over the years. And they've never made me feel stupid, either. I value that. The ConsignPro system was also easy to expand, as I moved beyond only selling works on consignment. The system makes it easy for me to determine the number that relates to the seller and the item. I created a system in which consigned artists all have a 100 number assigned to each individual. An additional three numbers relate to the specific item that artist made. The commission amount is automatically calculated. With purchased items, I assign a 500 number to each artist, plus the specific three-digit number relating to the specific item. These are marked at a 100% commission rate so I can correctly track those sales. Easy as pie! I can also track customer purchasing, but only in amounts. I figured out a way to track each customer's purchases with a given calendar year by adding the last two digits of that year to the customer's last name. Without doing that, it can only calculate the total, accumulated sales of a customer. This new method helps me offer customer rewards more effectively. This is the only element of the software that I wish had improvement, but I like the other aspects so much that I continue to use it.

Julie from Jamies Exclusively Plus

Excellent tool for your business, could not run my shop without this prouduct,

I really cannot run my business without this. It keeps everything in its place and organized. I do not have one negative thing to say about consign pro. I love, love, love this software. I have seen others and this is in my opinion the best and easiest out there. Some folks are not computer savvy, well you don't have to be to it really easy to use. They will walk you thru anything you do not understand.

Pros

The Software is very user friendly. Even a child can use this product. When I say a child can use this I don't mean that it is not a powerful tool for your business. It keeps track of all my consigners, we have over 4 thousand active consigners. Without this tool this would be a lot of paperwork to keep track of. The best tool we own this is defiantly the hub of our shop. The support Is super fast, I have talked with on the customer rep whenever I have a problem, which is not often most problems are due to a storm or just human error. They are always available on the spot to get me up and running.

Sarah from Bearing Song and Gifts LLC

Changed my Business for The Better

I have a manageable business now! I was getting by before (by the skin of my teeth) using an organizing and adding program with a separate page to add up each Consignor at the end of the month. The consign pro system takes hours out of my payment system and I trust the efficiency, making business a smoother process overall. I'm grateful to get help when I need it. It's exciting and impressive to interact with the designer himself. I am in Alaska so our time zone "at times" is a challenge. I usually use a help line via email and get answers or eventually can screen share which is perfect for me. Works every time! I'm just amazed to have such good quality support. Thank you Consign Pro team!

Pros

Very clear and user friendly. A true business savor for me. It was a choice of finding a better way or ditching the whole thing.

Cons

My own limitations! The time difference in Alaska and the fact that I don't write down my questions when I have them to ask later when I can. I KNOW they can help and my questions are challenges to an intricate and well ordered program and they are always well met.

Mary from Tossed & Found

Mary's review

We love Consign Pro, but there are a just a coupl things that appear to not be user friendly about it. The staff is helpful when we call and generally gets back to us in a timely manner if they are not able to answer. Things that would help: 1)Being able to sort items by date on the item list. 2.) Including an expiration date by item on the consignor item list. 3) I may not not how to do this properly and it may actually be in the software, but I would love to be able to enter a gift gard sales right from the Make Sale screen. 4) More training when you buy the software, because you really dont know what you dont know until you start using it. Many of these things I have discussed may very well be available, but we are learning the program. I understand you have the program in Mexico, but for first year business owners, this is not alway easy and financially smart. I would like to be able to have more extended tutorials, something that we can find on the web that actually shows us how to do it, such as you tube videos etc. If they are available please let me know!! I feel like sellers of software assume that the consumer is already techy. That may not be so in many instances. Visual learning is much more affective versus trying to read it in a manual. Thanks for listening!! We love the software and are very thankful how easy it makes our job.

Pros

Organized.

Cons

I would like video tutorials.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied July 2018

We have YouTube Tutorials available at https://www.youtube.com/user/ConsignProTrain/videos

Charlene from My Favorite Things

ConsignPro Has Become One of "My Favorite Things"

Right before I opened my consignment shop called "My Favorite Things" back in October of 2013, I did some research on computer software for my business. I found that ConsignPro was leaps and bounds ahead of every other kind that's out there on the market. When I checked into the pricing, I went back and forth, in my head, between the expense of the software vs. the alternative, doing all paperwork by hand. I came to the conclusion that I would probably have to put in an extra 10 to 15 hours per week in the store, if I didn't get it, plus I thought about the many possibilities of human error. I chose to buy it, in the end. Now that my store has been open over 3 years, and I see everything ConsignPro does for me on a daily basis, I realize that it really wasn't a choice at all. I don't even see how I could run my store efficiently or effectively without one of my MOST favorite things, my Consignpro software.

Pros

How easy it is to learn and operate.

Cons

Tech dept hasn't always been there when I really needed them, especially during start-up.

Susan from Suzie's Shoppe

good product, bad customer service

Pros

Cons

Customer Service unfortunately has been nonexistent. After the second year of purchasing the "technical support" I cancelled the annual renewal. Unfortunately the few times I had called for help about something the response from each agent was dismissive, bordering on irritated even though I had paid for the service. I do still use the download/backup service only because I don't have to talk to anyone to do it.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied April 2019

Hey Susan. We actually pride ourselves on delivering the best support in this business. All support calls are returned within 30 minutes (max) and our team of 4 has over 30 years of combined experience supporting ConsignPro! I will check our call logs and call you today to resolve whatever issues you're having! Sorry about experience - we will make it right for you!

Judy from The Corner Closet

Amazing Software

I having been using Consign Pro for almost 4 years now & I find it to be extremely user-friendly and easy to use. The first year I pretty much figured out the basics myself with their easy to use, self-explanatory help screens. Then I was invited to join them on a training cruise! Where I learned more tricks, timesavers & overall how really great Consign Pro is to use & work with. The creator is a genius the way he has developed this software & is continuing to update it to make easier to use & so valuable for the success of my consignment business. I couldn't be happier with this product. 5 Stars! ***** Love it & you will too! Buy it you will not be disappointed.

Pros

Easy to use, always updating to make it better

Cons

Cost. My business is very small. The annual costs to keep the updates coming & for support are a little steep but I wouldn't go without it!

Thomas from iconoCLAD

Great for consignment, art, and locally made items.

Pros

The software is very well thought out and just overall awesome for a store selling secondhand items on consignment. We also sell a lot of locally made items and new items that we order in, and the system is versatile enough to handle everything we throw at it. I looked at several other kinds of software before deciding on this one, and I'm so glad I went with Consignpro.

Cons

About the only thing I can think of that I wouldn't mind added is if you could see some of the last items as you were entering them. When you're entering secondhand items in one by one, it's fine, but when you're entering in dozens of new items as we do, you can develop tunnel vision and forget where in the order you are. Also, I wish myresaleweb was a little more modernized.

Lynn from The Farmer's Daughter

ConsignPro software and team very reliable

We have been using ConsignPro for several years. It functions very well every day. The few problems that have come up have been efficiently and quickly resolved. Allyson and Brian are easy to talk to and they truly want to resolve issues or answer questions. The support plan is a great value. The reports are easy to read and provide much needed information. Updates are made frequently to help retailers with their specific needs. Recently a different credit card processing comany was recommended by ConsignPro. It is not required to use that processor, but it interfaces directly into ConsignPro. ConsignPro and QuickBooks work seamlessly together. We also use MyResaleWeb.com. Our consignees love it and it reduces phone calls from them asking us to "check what sold". I have recommended ConsignPro to other businesses.

Pros

Ease of use and offering

Cons

Would like to lock Make Sale screen as default for busy days

Melissa from Sugar Plum Consignments

Great software program for consignment stores!

I have almost 8,000 consignors and have been opened for over 6 years. I have used ConsignPro since the very beginning. Not only is the software up-to-date and reliable but the ease of the system and the friendliness of the staff make it the best software to have!

Pros

- Myresaleweb.com online login for consignors. - All of the different reports available. - The ease of adding items into the system and the option to mark as consigned, store-owned or vendor!

Cons

I wish there was an advanced option on the Consignor Account Activity Since Last Payout. We have a lot of consignor's that want printed detailed reports of their activity since their last payout but this option doesn't show as much detail as the consignors want. We have to print their entire item history report, which can turn into a lot of paperwork.

Dan from Consign Furniture Reno

Great consignment program

Consign Pro for the most part is by far the best consignment POS software you can find. We have used Consign Pro for about 7 years. We started with just a couple hundred consignors and now we have more than 10000! The software and updates have kept up with the growth of our company. There are parts of the software that could be better as with any software. Most of the things are just personal preference on how we would want it to work, not really a problem with the software. One great thing I want to be sure to mention is the tech support. They are very quick and always can fix any problem within minutes. I would recommend this software to any consignment store looking for a POS solution.

Pros

The software is pretty much an all in one solution to run a consignment store.

Cons

I wish customizing and exporting reports was a little easier.

Michelle from Heirloom Consignment

Industry: Furniture

Consign Pro made my business successful!

I was starting a consignment business in 2013 and had no clue where to start. I had worked in furniture consignment so I knew I needed software, but the one I had used was difficult to learn. I saw ConsignPro when searching the internet, took their trial run and was hooked! Sara was great pointing out all the features and about setting me up when the doors opened. Allison is always there when I need help. Together I think we make a very successful team and I know I am a successful business because they were there. Next year I'm going to Winter Conference and I expect to hug both of them, great job ConsignPro!

Pros

Easy to use and train new users. Reports are accurate and worry-free.

Cons

I think it needs some category changes to help tweak my reports but I get the info I need without it.

Katie from Something Blue

Consignpro makes life easy

I can't imagine what I would do without ConsignPro! This system is so easy to use so well organized! The customer service is TOP NOTCH and if they don't have an answer for you right away they will find the answer for you and get back to you. My consignors LOVE the myresaleweb.com feature and it has cut down on how many phone calls I get about their accounts. I have enjoyed your product so much that I have referred you to a couple of my friends who own businesses. They now use it and love it too!! Thank you, ConsignPro staff, for such a great experience!

Pros

The ease of use. I love that it is integrated with Quickbooks and makes my life so much easier when it comes to taking care of my own books.

Cons

I would really like a feature that compares your income for each day. I like to keep track of whether or not we've exceeded another day's income.

Janice from And-Again Consignment Store

June 2011

My consignment store sells clothing for both men and women, shoes, jewelry, accessories and home decor. It is owner-operated with one full-time and one part-time staff member. A month after opening my store, I thought there had to be a better, faster way to track all my inventory and there had to be a program out there to do ti for me. So I went online and reviewed the different programs available. I was a member of NARTS so I took the membership list and randomly called stores to find out what they used and if they liked it. ConsignPro came up again and again and no one said anything negative against it. One of my main concerns was if I would receive support in a timely fashion from an American company that is several time zones away from my location; I am in Northwestern Canada. I did not need to be concerned the support from ConsignPro, it's excellent. They always call me back, usually within the hour. If I email my questions the night before, I have an answer the next morning before I open my store. The program is easy to use. When I hire someone new the first thing they do is start entering inventory and making sales - no problem. I've never had any employees complain about the program. I really do think highly of this program, but here are my negatives. The written manual they send with the program is not well organized, in terms of the way my mind looks up information to find answers to problems. However, I seldom have to use the manual. One look-up feature that the program does not have that I would find useful is the ability to look up an item by brand name. Even a list that would tell you what brands you are selling most often would be helpful and interesting. Their customer reward section is not very user-friendly; it allows you to enter people twice too easily and if you enter in the wrong name it is very hard to remove. There are always little things that can bug you but Brian listens to suggestions and is constantly updating the program based on customer suggestions. I would never have any hesitation recommending this program to anyone.

Michele from Emotional Outlet

Could not run my business without this software

Here is why I love ConsignPro for my business -Utterly reliable -Easy to use -Easy to train my employees -feature rich -flexible - It has enhanced my customers' confidence in me because of the exactness with which I can keep track of their accounts and because they can monitor their accounts on line with the resaleweb add on. This has certainly added to positive word of mouth and growth in customers -Support is easy to reach, they know their stuff, can dig in as deep as necessary to address issues which are always about how to use, how to fix something I've done to the data - in three years it's never crashed or had a feature that doesn't work Highly recommend. Best investment I've made in my business to date

Pros

see my review

Cons

No cons but if desirable I could share my 'wish list' for new or enhanced functionality

Don from Next Upscale Resale

Our Consignpro Experience

We have been with consignpro for about 10 years now. We are well established and have many consignors and customers. Our consignors love our business model and think it is very fair. Everything about the program is easy to understand and use. It is very easy to teach new employees. If we do run in to an issue we call consignpro support and get our issues resolved quickly. Our problems are usually ones that we do not know how to do ourselves and the support staff can easily go in and show us how to fix it ourselves. We LOVE Allyson! She is so friendly and ready to help us with any situation. Sara and Kristian are also very great. We can't wait to go to the Consignpro seminar in February. It will be our first time. We always recommend Consignpro when we can.

Pros

Easy of use.

Cons

I have no dislikes.

Beth from Whimsy

would not open a consignment store without it!

I have been using ConsignPro for over 12 years, in a store I managed and now my own. I would not open a store without it! It has been user friendly, great for pulling up reports and the support is super. I always attended the workshops at NARTS when I worked for the other store and attended the training cruise in 2016. I enjoyed the Cruise but felt it was mostly review for me and better for newer stores just starting out. All in all you guys do a great job and I have referred you to many start ups... One of the best things is how Customer Srvvice hears us and listens to store needs and incorporates the ideas into the next revision of the program. I am always confident that Support on the other end of the phone is there for me too. thanks guys keep up the good work

Pros

user friendly good support reports available

Brenda from Heirlooms

Consignment meltdowns into consignment mellow

I have been in the resale industry since 1984, I thought that I would go to my grave with the hand filing and pricing system, HA! In 2010 my kids forced me to upgrade to the Consignpro system and my meltdowns turned into a more mellow lifestyle, I had TIME on my schedule to fill in with family, friends, travel oh my! Thank you Consignpro.

Pros

The ability to process reports, I can streamline the items we take due to detailed reports, red sweaters not selling? We can quit taking them other than Christmas week!

Cons

The support is good, they will get us to our answer and I know you are busy people, possibly understaffed? but it often leaves us with a feeling we have annoyed them.

Pam from Interior Motives Consignment

Easy to Use - Great Support

ConsignPro is the perfect software for consignment shops. It is easy to use and has many options that allow you to tailor it to how you run your business. The people who work in their support area are fantastic! They take the time to help you with whatever you need and offer suggestions to help make you more efficient. I would highly recommend this software to anyone in the consignment industry.

Pros

Ease of use. Employees can be trained quickly on it. Support staff is great.

Cons

We have a huge database with many years of records so from time to time we do crash. ConsignPro does offer a data base tune up, which is supposed to help with that, and we will be taking advantage of that soon to clean things up and make it more efficient.

Tom from iconoCLAD

ConsignPro Drives our customer engagement

ConsignPro has been so great to use. It takes a little bit of a learning curve to master, but if you set it up right with all your categories, it's such a great POS system and we are able to generate great reports to help us make valuable decisions. Also, myresaleweb looks pretty antiquated, but consignors LOVE it. It keeps them engaged and coming back!

Pros

Customer Service is awesome. If I didn't have that tech support, I'd be terrified of my computers crashing and losing that database.

Cons

Some functions are a little counterintuitive, but nothing unpassable.

July 2011

Iva from Cozy Cattail Consignment

July 2011

My shop has been open for two months, and already my customers are commenting on how professional my price tags look. This is because I use ConsignPro. The system is so well-organized that the labels provide my customers with all the information they need, helping them shop with ease and speed. Speaking of speed, I can print 200 labels for items in minutes. The convenience and the professional look puts my shop ahead of the rest in my area. I am so pleased with the entire ConsignPro system. It is so easy to use. If I have any concerns, all I have to do is call my support person and I am helped immediately. The support is always professional and easy to follow. I just love Alison. She is such a great help and very knowledgeable. I love her and ConsignPro to pieces. I know I can always depend on ConsignPro. It is like a close friend. I will never go without the support of ConsignPro. If I have questions about any of the machines, etc., I get a personal email giving me quick feedback from Brian. It is so beneficial to know that the entire company has my back. In my experience, it is very unique to have such a connection with your service provider. The ConsignPro system has great summary spreadsheets that print daily, monthly, or yearly reports as you need. I paid my sales tax for the quarter with ease, with the help of ConsignPro. The sales report listing sales tax was a dream. Adding new consignors, adding new inventory, finding inventory, payout to consignor, and printing payout receipts are all so much easier in the system than doing all this by hand. Absolutely everything you need it right at your fingertips. ConsignPro is a well-oiled and fine system that any successful business must have. I give ease of use, functionality, product quality, and customer support a huge 5 stars. I am still learning all the benefits provided by such a genius program. This is so far beyond what I expected. Choosing ConsignPro was one of the wisest business decisions I have made thus far!

SHERRI from Children's Trove

Children's Trove Consignment - Sherri Clifton, Owner

We have been using ConsignPro since December 2013 - now that my employees fully understand the system, I will not likely ever use anything else - Support is something I maintain annually and although we don't have a need to call on them much anymore, when we do it is a very quick fix. I have and will continue to recommend it, I can't imagine anything doing a better job of managing our inventory of around 10 - 15 thousand pieces.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

some information reporting is not available - doesn't integrate with our card merchant service - the training materials are not very good - We have developed our on program, but still new users are limited and it takes months for them to know the system efficiently

Jackie from Opal Ann's Attic

June 2011

In 2005 we opened Opal Ann's Attic and thought we had thought of every possible problem that we could run into and the solutions that we would use. Our first year everything was done by hand and we could not see how things would grow and change for us. The end of each month was a real nightmare, trying to balance each account and make sure that we had everything in hand. How naive we were. We did not have heating and air nor a computer system. We actually purchased this system before we put in the heating and air. We hunted and investigated. I am not sure how many of you have gone through a complete start up, but if you have, you know the value of your software. We settled on ConsignPro and we have never looked back. Our start up was easy, fast and we were thrilled that it is SO easy to use. We are a family-owned and operated store. The few bumps that we encountered were handled swiftly and easily. The first month end that we had after we had ConsignPro was like a dream. No problems for the first time. The year-end instructions were concise and easy, an absolute breeze. Opal Ann's Attic is the largest consignment shop operating in Newnan, Ga.. We have had the customer support and updates for all of our computers. We truly love the software and would not consider changing anything. We added my mom and dad to our staff three years ago: we are talking about people that have NO computer experience whatsoever. My mom runs the front register and can easily find an item that perhaps has lost a tag, do the layaways, run the reports and has a really good time. She also thinks that it was one of the best things we ever bought for the store. We have grown by leaps and bounds; we have even added on to our store. The customer service is easy to get hold of and they are always more than willing to go the extra mile to assist you. When I go other consignment stores, I always ask about their system because we tell them how ConsignPro is the best for consignment professionals.

amanda from knimble

Buyer beware

We are a buy, sell and trade business that has been in business for many years. We have been using CP for many months now and have been astounded at the poor performance and inaccuracies in the reports. Recently, after a software update that CP did, the cost of goods sold on most of our clothing items simply stopped populating on our income statement. After multiple refusals to even look into the problem, and after letting them know that we were considering legal options, they finally fixed the problem. When we let CP know that we had no other choice but legal action, this was the response: "Read your End User License Agreement before wasting money on an attorney". This was only one of many many issues we have had with this system. We are willing to work with all of the technical issues but what has made this company so difficult and stressful to work with are the rude and dismissive responses that we have become accustomed to when we request technical support. Unfortunately, many of these issues did not become apparent until several weeks after the system was set up and we had already spent a lot of time and money on the system and the setup. I can not recommend this software to any business but especially not to a buy sell trade business.

Pros

The tag printing and register work fairly well.

Cons

We have experienced multiple inaccuracies with the reports and our requests for technical support have been met with rude and dismissive responses.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied December 2016

Hi Amanda. I'm sorry you received less than perfect responses to your issues. We've had over 5,000 customers use our ConsignPro reports, including bookkeepers and accountants, and all can get the figures they need to run their business and report sales taxes. While I'm not sure how your needs differ, I look forward to working with you to resolve them!

October 2014

Kim from Frog Prince Boutique

October 2014

Great program features. Some improvements needed.

I love many of the features of ConsignPro, and the support staff has been excellent. My customers especially appreciate the myresaleweb service, and I appreciate the ease of use of the program. I have run in to a few issues and it would have saved a lot of time/frustration had I been aware of the Canadian computer incompatibility regarding the date (reversing dd/mm) and the added security of gmail preventing ConsignPro from automatically sending emails to my consignors with items about to expire. Additionally, I do have a few more suggested improvements: *From Find Inventory use different search criteria such as consignor, received, department, type, end date, description. Having to look up inventory via these criteria is cumbersome through inventory lookup. *Larger content boxes would allow for better description of items when entering. *Separate refund function rather than delete item from invoice. This is VERY AWKWARD. *Debit, mastercard and visa, etc option for refund. *Rounded amount on Sales Activity Report needs to match SalesTotals for Canada. *Drill down from Balance Sheet and Income Statement to look up sales, tax owing, cost of goods directly, not just the list on the Income Statement or separate lookup for these items. *Program should show name of consignor when ID number is used to find consignor (to confirm identity) using account balance to make purchase. *End of day can save to upload or usb, not both. Right now we have to do backup to drive first, then exit. Change so backup to usb drive and upload can be done at the same time during exit. *Vendor item only prints one tag for multiple items upon entry. I would be happy to explain in greater detail if you are interested.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied October 2014

No packaged software will do 100% of what you're looking for but we have added your suggestions to our list for a future update. Glad you like ConsignPro.

Phil from Nana's Treasure Chest Consignment Shop

June 2011

Nana's Treasure Chest Consignment of Sarasota is a family owned and operated consignment store servicing Sarasota and Bradenton FL. Why did we look for software? We knew that to be successful we had to be organized and professional; post-it notes, Excel spreadsheets, and dry erase boards were not going to provide a professional atmosphere. In order to gain the trust of our consignors we had to be extremely organized and efficient. Without trust through professional experiences consignors would not return. We needed systems that were bulletproof, support that answers the phone, and a professional team to cover our back during a busy season. Why did we choose ConsignPro? ConsignPro was recommended by a local consignment owner. I called for a demo and the staff at ConsignPro had me up and running in about 5 minutes with a working demo. Within 45 minutes I had read the manual and set up a basic store. I trained the family on the product within a few days. They were all happy with the decision and supported the purchase. Did we learn ConsignPro quickly? Amazingly, I scheduled the delivery of ConsignPro's software and hardware 2 days before implementation. In reality I had the system up and networked after lunch the first day. On the morning of day two we were entering inventory and stocking shelves. At the end of day 5 we had finished tagging and opened for business a week ahead of schedule. Looking back at the past year of working with ConsignPro I am certainly happy with the decision. Our staff can focus on sales and delivery and not IT concerns; this is how life should be. We've had experience with software and hardware in the past and were not newbies by any means. There was some general understanding of core computer concepts and manual reading abilities required to set the system up properly. With that said, the average high school senior could set this system up with help from support in a day.

Linda from Fratz Consignment, LLC

June 2011

We began using ConsignPro in 2002, and have never looked back! This is an awesome program. When we first started our household consignment store, Fratz Consignment in Fenton, Michigan, we logged everything by hand. Within six months we realized a computer program was desperately needed. I did research online and downloaded several trial consignment programs. At the time my computer skills were limited, as well as those of my sister and mother. Working my way through those trial programs was no easy feat, until I opened ConsignPro! I could not believe the difference. The ease of using the program was unbelievable. Within a day I was contacting Brian to sign us up. Fratz is now 10 years old and ConsignPro has been our first and only consignment program. The support, in the early years, Brian, and now as well with Allyson, couldn't be better. We have had computer issues, blown hard drives as well as other glitches, and Brian & Allyson have always been able to get us up and running again. They have walked me through several data crises when I didn't think there was a light at the end of the tunnel (due to my computer system, not the ConsignPro program). Fratz has grown greatly in 10 years, and ConsignPro has grown right along with us. Brian and his team continually update the program. Not just once a year or so, but several times a year. They listen and incorporate ideas and suggestions from their customers. We have never found the program lacking in any way. New employees can jump right in and begin using the program immediately. Consignor reports, sales reports, financial reports, customer data base, it's all there and more. Purchasing and utilizing ConsignPro has been one of the best decisions we have made for Fratz. I could not imagine operating Fratz without Consign Pro. I would and have, without hesitation, recommended ConsignPro to those looking for a consignment software program!

Sandi from MeMe's Upscale Consignment Boutique, In.

best of the best!

We have always had a positive interaction with the Consignpro customer service team. At times, especially in the beginning, a little shot of positive reinforcement goes a long way! All staff members have been able to adapt to the software which has enormously simplified the whole bookkeeping system as well as enabled us to actually reduce the amount of staff needed to handle the foot traffic. As far as cost, it always scaring to invest in a new product you are unfamiliar with, but again, customer team was able to assure us that we were doing the right thing!

Pros

Able to "undo" mistakes easily.

Cons

Layaway is a little tricky

Jennifer from Finders Keepers of Erie

Consign Pro is Easy to Use

We have been using Consign Pro for 2 years now and it has been a great program for all of our consignment needs! We started off with a very inexpensive program and it couldn't do even a 10th of this program can! It costs a little to get started but worth every penny! Customer Support is a yearly charge however anytime I have had a question I have been able to speak to someone almost immediately that could walk me through anything! I highly recommend them for your business needs!

Pros

It does just about everything I need it to. It is great for monthly reports

Cons

It does not have a search feature when just trying to locate an item. I have to know who the consignor was. I would like a feature where I can put in what the item is so I can find who it belongs to if the tag has come off.

Shirley from The Avenue Consignment Shoppe

I wish I converted to ConsignPro sooner

After converting to ConsignPro in April 2016, I actually look forward to using the program every day. It has saved me hundreds of hours of work over my old program. I only wish I had switched to ConsignPro years ago; oh, the headaches that would have been prevented!!! I love the special features it offers, like automatically assigning a different status to an item after 90 days. The quick return feature is another time saver. In addition to all the WONDERFUL features, ConsignPro adds updates frequently. They will listen to suggestions from their clients and add them to the updates. ConsignPro customer service cannot be beat. They are patient and very knowledgable. My only complaint would be that 2 or 3 times now I have left a message as requested on their answering machine and have not received a return call. I would highly recommend this software program to anyone beginning a new business.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

I dislike having to keep going back to the main menu all the time; very frustrating.

maria from 2nd Time Around Consignment

ConsignPro

Have used for years and will continue to use but would like to see cheaper continuing education. The support team has been great and very helpful throughout the years.

Pros

Ease of it especially in training new employees

Cons

Wish list and finding items.

Response from Visual Horizons Software

Replied January 2017

It's very easy to lookup a tag that fell off!!! You have 2 options: 1) Go to "Lookup Inventory" and you can lookup by the description, type, size and/or color 2) Go to Reports and you can lookup by any of the 13 fields. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact support at 305.535.0959.

Emily from Thrift Lounge

A must for anyone in the resale industry

ConsignPro is an excellent program for anyone in the resale business who handles items on consignment. This software helps to keep track of consignors, inventory, invoices, sales, and to do reports as well as returns. It also has an employee database option, though I personally do not use that feature. This software would be ideal for both retail storefronts as well as online consignment shops - both big and small businesses. My resale business is an at home venture, but I would be lost without this program as it helps me keep everything organized and to keep track of my clients and their merchandise. I highly recommend this software to anyone involved in secondhand sales.

Pros

Easy to use, great inventory and consignor management

Cons

None

Annette from ABC A Resale Boutique for Children

Excellent software for resale store.

Ease of use and excellent customer service! We have been using ConsignPro since 2008. The internal book keeping is excellent and the tracking of our inventory is easy to use. Cost of goods and accurate inventory count is just a couple of key strokes! We love ConsignPro!

Pros

Reports and tracking

Cons

Our item numbers are in the 7 digits and we have a Wireless scanner that was recommended by ConsignPro. But it does not read more that 6 digits. So it is almost obsolete for us. This is probably a scanner issue and not COnsignpro. Would like old inventory numbers form day one to be able to be used again.

Linda from Community Thrift Shop

No complaints here!

I manage a shop that relies mostly on volunteers, so there is a huge turnover on cashiers. ConsignPro is very easy to learn and user friendly. When I have had a technical problem, the tech support staff have been very prompt in calling back, and very patient in guiding me through whatever process was needed to fix the problem. I've no complaints with either the program nor the company and it's staff.

Pros

I have recommended this product to other people either thinking about starting up a non-profit consignment shop or to those who already run one, but were impressed with the look of our tickets.

Patricia from SoHo Consignments

It's what I know.

ConsignPro is what I learned this business on so when I opened my store, that is where I looked first for my POS system so I really don't have anything to compare it to. There are a few things I don't like about the system, a couple glitches that are annoying, but overall I'm fairly satisfied. I do like that their customer support team is always there anytime I need them and that is very important to me. A+ to customer support!

Pros

The reports and the remote input function.

Cons

Some of the reports, especially the page to look up inventory. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but rarely do I find what I'm looking for.