All Cin7 Core Reviews

Neil

Reviewed January 2022

A perfect for my ecommerce store

Excellent

PROS

The strong integration with Woocommerce and Quickbooks and the easy to use workflow

CONS

Ideally I would like shipping integration into my shipping partner they are currently looking at this

Overall it was better

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Because this software offers everything that I need

Lurieca

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Administrator Feedback

Thank you for the very good software that is really helpful to everyone, keep updating its features and I suggest that can you also please update the support website. Please do more in integration side to be posted, the side effects if we have the wrong steps that may affect each software. I would like to apprecaite [sensitive content hidden] from her/his last support to me, I was really satisfied on her response, it's being clear and detailed and informative, I was successfully implemented my client's needs because of good support. I look forward to see that kind of support to improve your customer service.

PROS

It's inventory module that is really in detailed feature. It's not easy to integrate since you have to feed the data more detailed and informative especially in importing the products. Some companies are not complete in their product details. But it worth the patience, when it's successful, it will be more ease for the users/clients to use the whole system as well as they are trained and learned how to use it.

CONS

About the support in my previous months, I cannot get the satisfaction based on their answers, especially when I have a very technical and critical situation. They are not consistent on their solutions, hence, I was disappointed. The support is given 24 to 48 hours of response and yet there are times that their answer to my query is not kind of convincing for me to follow. I have this instance that their advise for me to do this and that lead me to almost danger situation of the system and to my client. So I want your support team to always discuss the DO's and DON'Ts and the effect of the situation of each query especially when it comes to technical side of integrations between other software like in Xero, most commonly cloud based integration.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

In terms of Inventory Management, Cin7 Core is the best way to use because its detailed and more functional features that every large or small companies really needed to be more at ease in monitoring the movements and transactions of their inventory .

Elliot

Reviewed May 2024

Poor Customer service

Bad, system does not meet my requirements and this was not communicated by onboarding manager/sales

PROS

It's got a variety of possible option and integration.

CONS

Jack of all trades master of none. Literally does not work well if you have a complex supply chain

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Initially looked like they had better capabilities but it was all just a front

Steve

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Order Management Program

PROS

Ease of Use Integration with Shopify Inventory Management

CONS

Everything works as it should. Haven't found a con yet.

Warwick

Fishery, 2-10 employees

Daily user of Dear

Overall Dear is meeting our needs when connected to Xero. It meets our day to day inventory needs however would be much better if it was a more complete accounting & inventory package.

PROS

Dear was straight forward and reasonably easy to set up. It is good for our daily transaction, inventory management, and handles multiple warehouses and foreign currency well.

CONS

Features that could be improved are: visibility of stock on hand and sell price whilst in inventory, instead one has to either drill down on each stock item or go to reports. A general ledger section that has P & L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, etc would also be more user friendly- instead of going to reports.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

I could setup Dear myself, I was advised Intacct would require costly support to setup.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Changed from Evolution as wanted a simpler, more user friendly, cloud based package. Preferred Dear over Unleashed due to better GL for inventory

Christina

Reviewed June 2022

For the money Orderhive works better than some really expensive programs we have tried.

Orderhive is an overall great value. Its inventory, kitting and bundling capabilities have made managing our inventory very easy. It has more robust inventory features than Zentail and SkuVault, however in other areas it still has a way to go. It has been more accurate with tracking our inventory across the marketplaces than other programs, and while it has more features, Inventory is really the only one we use regularly. I would love to see it grow into multi-channel listing management and add some more basic features and rules, but overall we are very happy with orderhive and will continue to use it.

PROS

It offers a good solid inventory solution. It has been hard to find a program with Multi-warehouse inventory tracking that doesn't cost a fortune. Unlike most other programs Orderhive will take the inventory out of the location that it is shipped from , keeping a more accurate inventory of each warehouse. The accuracy is pretty solid, as we have not found one yet that works for our sku set and setup, but Orderhive has been the best so far.

CONS

*No half cent pricing- unable to use many of the built in features. *Partial ship orders from multiple warehouses. You cannot split an order into multiple warehouses to ship

Price is good.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Inventory was inaccurate and multi-warehouse inventory tracking was not working as we desired them to.

Dustin

Reviewed February 2021

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

PROS

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

CONS

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied March 2021

Mia

Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great support for training and set up

My CIN 7 experience so far has been great, apart from that I couldn't get urgent support from the daily support team after the training project is closed. Being a new user, this is essential, as even I have been trained, to be able fully function, further support is needed in a timely manner.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] has provided great helping through training sessions and initial set up of the system to make my job easier, she has gone above and beyond which makes me feel that Cin 7 Core is a system I can easily recommend to other people from this prospective.

CONS

0Customer support from CIN 7 Support Team (after system set up), the turnaround to get back to me and the response is not user friendly for new users, all new users would be experiencing a lot of questions and issue at the very beginning start using the system, and the problem I experience actually stop my office functioning, to book a call online for a few days in advance doesn't work to this situation at all.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Cin 7 seems matches my purpose and most of my current needs.

Philip

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Cin7 Excellent Inventory Management

Very easy to setup and use and excellent support when needed

PROS

Ease of use and almost instant access to support when required

CONS

No mobile app - it’s not easy to use the system in a browser on a phone

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Value for money. But in hindsight, it’s also much easier to use, updates are reliable and it just works. Plus the support is first class. It’s what I’d expect from a cloud based system.

Johanna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

OrderHive ROCKS!! Easiest integration flow I have come across

IN LOVE..will recommend.

PROS

integration and chat help. pricing and easy of setup

CONS

pros are not always super responsive cs time and onboarding calls can be challenging because not native english speakers - but totally doable.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

price and investment in integrations!

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

old legacy system, shopify was not able to manage inventory for multi channel

Amaan

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

hurts to write this review

I used orderhive for our ecommerce/whoelsale business for 3 years. For over 2 years, I was not willing to sign a contract because how often the software integrations would fail, whether it was not updating tracking on amazon, or not importing orders from some channels, not tagging orders properly, or not exporting invoices into our quickbooks accounting software. Those were the most common issues we had, but as a ecommerce company, those are the lifeblood of our business The sales rep finally convinced me to sign up for a 1 year contract after quite some time. 3 months into my contract, I get contacted by a manager on their team saying that my order volume is too high (it was actually much lower order volume than when i signed up) and I need to start paying an extra $.12 per order or upgrad my plan even further. This was not told to me when I signed up for the 1 year contact. When I signed up for the one year contract, they gave me user based pricing while they knew everything about my order volume and integrations. Overall, the software is packed with features and is cheap, but it really is very buggy. They are trying to improve things, but the customer service is mostly lacking and the bugs are everywhere. Worst of all, they got me into a contract and then chagned the terms and tried to increase the price.

PROS

- cheap (compared to others). but in the long run it costs you more because the software is full of bugs! - tons of features (that don't consistently work)

CONS

- so many bugs! - customer service (9/10 times they wouldn't help and would say "we need to escalate this to our technical team". those 9 times were all time sensitive for our business - no mobile app for iOS - lock you into a contract and then try to charge you more after 4 months of being locked into their buggy software

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

had all the needed integrations, and it was cheap

more features and cheaper

Deb

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

An accountant's Point of View.

Inventory control and costs with real figures to add to the P&L. Inventory true numbers easily tracked and sales with all 5 different payments on Shopify easily tracked.

PROS

Easy to learn the different modules and to teach others how.

CONS

When you have to undo sales orders, it completely undoes everything. The sales order should hold the inventory already taken from the system. Sometimes it is impossible to redo because the inventory is no longer available.I also wish that additional costs would add to the per unit cost of inventory.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

I had experience with another client who used it since Jan 2022. The many changes and updates they did really improved the software. I suggested we change from the clunky program we were using. This is much easier to understand, learn and use on a daily basis.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Netsuite is outdated and has many restrictions on what you can set up, procedures to follow, finding things you need to look up etc.

ivan

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great cloud-based ERP software

It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it. Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

PROS

User friendly Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow excellent aftersales support - swift in response

CONS

No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

Easy to use (user friendly) Great aftersales support

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Increase productivity. No hassle of maintaining the sever locally

Justin

System Implementation

We just had our Go-Live a couple days ago and we haven't had any significant issues with the overall system.[sensitive content hidden] our Implementation Manager was great to work with, she was very helpful and fast to respond to any questions or issues that we had during the setup.

PROS

I like the ability to import purchase orders via CSV.

CONS

We would like more user permission controls in the POS app. We wish the Cash Management screen's cash balance wasn't visible to all users of the till.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

DEAR checked most of the boxes we needed for inventory management. The speed of implementation was also a big factor for us compared to the other products we looked at.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

EPOS has major issues with their purchase order modules and inventory management capabilities.

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2019

Be Cautious of Orderhive

2 weeks ago, I sent an email to our original sales representative, stating that I wished to cancel the project. I had a reply from the CEO of the company, and in that email it confirmed what I had suspected for some time… He stated that “In the last two months, we have upgraded architecture of Orderhive to achieve customisation in the SaaS version. So we can deliver better and much faster than earlier. I am working on your requirement to figure out how we can achieve it in SaaS customisation.” Orderhive has essentially used the money we have paid them to develop our custom solution to upgrade their own SaaS solution - we have funded some part of the development of their SaaS product that they will ultimately use to sell to other customers. It is frustrating that they are now refusing to refund our monies, which in reality, is a tiny portion of what we have spent in time and wages on this project. They have a clear refund policy - but usually these only apply when something/anything is actually delivered. It is absolutely possible that the Orderhive out-of-the-box SaaS solution is a good one. However, I would warn anyone who is looking at the “Plus”/”Enterprise” solution to be extremely cautious of Orderhive. If you do go ahead, do not accept the scope that is sold to you by Orderhive - insist on a custom, detailed scope of works with details about how each feature will work. Insist on progress payments that are payable on delivery of each feature.

PROS

I can only speak of my experience, as an Orderhive Plus/Enterprise customer. I try to be fair in all my reviews, and this review should only be taken into consideration if you are looking at becoming an Orderhive Plus/Enterprise customer. Around 18 months ago I started conversations with Orderhive as a potential vendor to run a large portion of our ecommerce business. It seemed promising, and the idea that the Plus (now called Enterprise) solution was customisable was the reason I decided to select Orderhive. There was a significant amount of due-diligence from my end. It took me around 6 months to get my head around what features the software currently had, and what we would need to have Orderhive complete as a customisation. This in itself was also quite a bit of work - there were a number of revisions to the contract documents, created by a non-technical sales representative. My concerns started around this point when I was unable to speak with a technical representative to discuss, in more detail, how each feature would work. The google doc that I created to try to capture the detail of each feature was simply copy and pasted in to the contract document - meaning that if I missed something then it was going to be developed incorrectly. It seemed that there was no attempt whatsoever from Orderhive to truly understand what it was that we required on a deep level.

CONS

Nonetheless, once we signed the contract, and we paid the deposit, things were underway - and I will admit it did seem promising. Within around 8 weeks Orderhive had set up the staging and production server environments and had completed some very basic functionalities such as adding an additional column to the Kanban order view. However, once the very basic customisations were completed, things completely stopped. It was tough work from my part to get the Orderhive team together to discuss where the project was at, and why it had stopped. We had a couple discussions about how to get things back on track, but it was at this point that I wondered if Orderhive had just realised some of the complexities that would be involved in our customisations. It took around 3 more months of exchanges between us for me to formulate a plan in how finish this project - I compromised significantly on the features we originally requested. I actually removed the largest customisation from the project in the hopes it would kick it back in to gear. But it seemed the damage was done - the Orderhive team no longer wanted to work on this project - and instead place their focus on an easier (more profitable) area of their business.

Adam

Reviewed November 2019

Can't Keep Up and Help is Slow and Unspcialised

Frustrating, unsatisfying and I have real worries about the ability for the software to keep up with my business as it grows We have encountered issues with apps/software due to our large influx of traffic and orders in a short period of time (we receive 50% of our monthly sales in a few hours) but they have provided solutions (for instance SLoyalty provides us with increased bandwidth during the busy 3-4 hours of the month and we have avoided all issues) - can this be done with DEAR? We can provide you with data on the exact time, traffic numbers, units sold for the time. We need a solution to this!! We are happy to pay more money for this, I just cant run my company with a concern that our inventory system cant keep up with our demand!

PROS

Quite easy to implement Syncs nicely with our current cloud based software Interesting/complex reporting

CONS

The over promising, and under delivering of the software. simply, it doesn't do what it claims! The inventory is not live with Shopify (during launches there is always a lag, causing major headaches for our team and requires a lot of manual adjustments) - we were promised that based on our volume this would not happen, but it does. And it happens every month, for the past 18+ months Inability to get the specialist help when we need it. We are always given help by a customer service member, not a technician, which slows down our ability to fix the problem. I understand that you need to protect the technicians time from dealing with simple problems, but we do not receive prompt service or the respect that we know what we are talking about! We need a quicker escalation procedure to get help more urgently Technicians only work from the afternoon (we are located in Melbourne) so when urgency issues crop up in the morning, we have to wait most of the working day to fix them b2b portal is not very robust, we have had a lot of issues with this the fixed provided by DEAR are not log term fixes, they don't fix the root of the problem, but fix it for the moment, but then issues crop up again and we are in the same position.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Recommendation of our developer Assurance from DEAR of live inventory Assurance from DEAR of quality 24 hour customer support (which we haven't really received)

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

To provide us with a fully live, cloud based system (which DEAR has not been able to provide)

Hello Adam, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken your feedback and improved our Shopify integration. We can now handle large volume of orders (including Shopify Plus accounts) & we have rolled out a new functionality called "Shopify Order Import Retry". Occasionally, during order syncing from Spotify, some sales are not created on the DEAR end. Previously there was no way for a DEAR user to be notified of these failed orders. DEAR developers have now implemented an auto-retry function for sales orders which have not been created in DEAR but are valid sales orders on Shopify (https://dearsystems.com/new-release-12th-april-2020-) Recently we have done a lot of improvement on the B2B section. You can read more about it & some of the latest releases we have done by visiting our release note section (https://dearsystems.com/release-notes/) Best Regards, DEAR Team

Replied April 2020