• Pros

• "Had great reports and end of day features. It was easy to check out customers and fairly easy to enter purchase orders."

• "I like the price and value proposition. They have great customer service."

• "The product is easy to use. We can add on what we need easily. When I have questions, I get a quick response."

• Cons

• "It is a little back on forth between pages/tabs to get the information you need, but it is not a big issue. Once you learn where to find what your looking for it is a breeze."

• "The add ons are easy, but for a new shoestring budget start-up, the cost of the add ons can add up."

• "They provide only annual updates to their software."

Browse RockSolid MAX Reviews

Misty from Lumber Direct

This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros

Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort Easy use for non tech employees. Can remote in to system off site. Price point. Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons

These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years. Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window. Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports Time clock not within another program needed for employees More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix. No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Sharon from Watkins Glen Supply, Inc.

Easy to learn

I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros

I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons

I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic. When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

Velva from Harper Hardware LLC

Rocksolid max

Pros

its more suitable for hardware and lumber stores

Cons

can't be used if the server is not working or down

Daniel from Stockham Lumber Co.

Industry: Building Materials

Overall, it has been a sound investment in the efficiency of our company

Pros

The cloud based format, integration with Orgill, fairly simple learning process

Cons

Online help is difficult to search/navigate, responses from tech support is very slow (they have a solution, it just takes a while to get it

Reasons for Choosing RockSolid MAX

cloud based, off site capabilities.

Angel from Ace Hardware NY

Ok POS Sytem.

Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

Pros

RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Cons

Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

Jay from Feinsod True Value Hardware

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store platform. We are now operate 1 store with 9 employees.

The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros

The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons

I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry. Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

CR from IMOC Building Supplies

IMOC Building Supplies

Pros

It is very user friendly, and also easy to learn to use. The support/training team goes out of their way to make sure you know what you are doing and you are setup for success.

Brian from Innovations of Home LLC

POS roulette

As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

Pros

This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

Cons

The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

Terry from Pioneer Supply Company

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros

The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons

The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

Larry from lumber direct

rock solid max

Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

Pros

There is nothing about this product that i like.

Cons

time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

Response from ECi Software Solutions

Replied September 2019

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is very happy with RockSolid MAX and his comments do not reflect her opinion nor that of her other employees. At the time of this review, Lumber Direct had been a RockSolid MAX customer for roughly six months and a RockSolid customer for 13 years before that. We appreciate working with their business, and the 450 other RockSolid MAX customers that we support. We invite you to read Misty's review that she posted to reflect her actual feedback and opinion about the software.

Peter from Zoller Hardware

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros

Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons

Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

March 2014

Susan from Tonnies Hardware & Rental

March 2014

Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!

Pros

RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers! Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports; and just day-to-day operations are so much faster and more efficient! Instead of getting piles of paper that I never used to look at, I get concise, meaningful reports that I need in order to run my business. If I need more, there are tons of reports I can run at any time! I love being a part of the RockSolid family! They actually appreciate my business and friendship! I know I appreciate them!

Cons

I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

Megan from Heplers Town & Country

Necessary upgrade

Good Product overall

Pros

Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Cons

Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.

Greg from Loa Builders Supply

We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max

The people behind it are great to work with.

Pros

The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

Cons

The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

Deb from Meyers Supply Co., Inc

Industry: Wholesale

Wonderful product

Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

Pros

The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Cons

Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

Joseph from True Value Hardware

The best short and long term investment any business owner can make.

Really just the best all around system. Rocksolid has saved me Tens of thousands of dollars in the past in saved workers, JIT inventory and so so many more ways.

Pros

Rocksolid is simple, easy accurate and dependable. When/if it breaks down (CSR) will fix it. EVERYTIME. There is not enough I can say about this system after 12 years of use. It always exceeds my expectation, and the people are exceptional.

Cons

Everything is the best. No short comings. I would like to access my rocksolid computers through my phone though.

Fred from Kem's Hardware and Lumber

Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

This would have been an ok system 20 years ago. I had a competitors system, switched to Rock Solid, and decided to switch back after 10 months. When inquiring with support on features all but once I was informed our system cannot do that. Support was decent, except I was on hold close to supporting hours ending when the recording stated "support hours have ended please call again tomorrow" and hung up on me. I was furious since the system was locked up I could not even run a customer purchase. I would not recommend this system for an advanced user. I would compare ECI software Windows 98, years behind everyone else. The reason I gave ECI one star is because I could not give it zero stars.

Cons

So many things you cannot do. ie email a purchase order, re email an invoice or run a receiving report for goods received. Takes too many steps to accomplish a task such as looking up an item with an unknown stock number.

Diane from S & S Supply

Industry: Farming

Waste of money.

Waste of your money

Pros

Cons

Did not keep inventory correctly and could not get technical help. Everytime we had a problem we were told that their system had never done this before.

Michael from Greenville Hardware

Greenville Hardware Implementation

This product was introduced to us at a trade show. We knew immediately that this would be the POS that we would choose. Purchasing was a breeze. Shipping was fast. Implementation was smooth. Training was amazing with rep. ( Wonder Woman)

Pros

Ease of use. Document handling. Inventory control. Ordering capabilities.

Cons

We have no issues with the software, works flawlessly.

JASVIN from UNLV, NEVADA MS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

Much better than your pos software

i cant think of anything else that this company could provide in this budget friendly software. they take care of all most all those thing which are hard to integrate such as cloud computing, point to sale, inventory and credit card information.

Pros

mobile connectivity and special order handling are among the best features they are having as well as easily integrated with majority of those accounting solutions. it is one of the convenient software till the date can be proved had you not know about it till now.

Cons

there are only some features i don't prefer are troubleshooting which should last for few minutes, but that doesn't make this software not worth it. in fact their trained staff try their best to train you in 10 classes a week to teach you.

Mary from Clean Oceans Competition

Easy Breezy

Mark from Manassas Chorale

Software Advice saved the day with NonProfitEasy

Pros

They have very helpful support, and it has great functionality. We are still learning all it can do!

Cons

So far we've liked everything! We are still experimenting with options and rolling them out slowly.

Bonnie from Ace Hardware

Not Retail Friendly!

If you have a high volume of customers at your cash registers DO NOT purchase this program. It runs way to slow and shuts down randomly while wringing people up. I have used 6 different point of sale programs through the years and this is the absolute WORST program I have ever used. I am a bookkeeper and do retail management and I do not recommend this program.

Pros

This would be a very good program for keeping track of sales in an office. You have lots of reports at your disposal.

Cons

Times out constantly while using. Too slow. Can't print duplicate receipts for customers. Can't do proper maintenance on products. Point of Sale and Maintenance are all in the same program so you have to quit what you are doing to ring up a customer and then start all over again from scratch. No ease of access for register people to find products that don't scan. Does not ring up sale items at sale prices. Coupons don't scan properly.

December 2014

Nobre from American Apparel

December 2014

Product Review

Pros

I like the price and value proposition. They have great customer service.

Cons

They provide only annual updates to their software.

February 2015

Jerrod from e-Bolt

February 2015

RockSolid POS is terrible!

Pros

ECi's personnel oversold the software. This software is nothing more than an overpriced upgrade from carbon copy receipts. Save your money and purchase Intuit. I have been way more satisfied as a Construction Supplier with QuickBooks.

Cons

The so called customer support is non-existent! If you feel that your software was not implemented correctly or need additional support, forget it!

November 2014

Diane from S & S Supply

Industry: Farming

November 2014

Very poor product with poor support.

Pros

It is really easy to use.

Cons

It does not keep inventory correctly. Also, support is almost nonexistent.