What are FiveStars users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using FiveStars software through verified user reviews

1,217 Reviews

• icon"I love how Fivestars sends all the latest deals straight to my phone, making it easy to use, find my deals, and remember what I have."
  • icon"I am always looking for different ways to save money so I was definitely super thrilled about signing up the first time while I was shopping at Plato's."
  • icon"Easy to navigate, customers love the option to choose their reward."
  • icon"Most store owners cashier don't know how to credit points. Confusing App and Confusing in-store experience."
  • icon"If I have a bad signal it’s hard to use. That is really the only issue I have had with the program."
  • icon"And as users, they don’t notify us to use our points before the company opts out. Resulting in waste of points and eventually loss of customers."

Browse all FiveStars Reviews

• Have you used FiveStars and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,217 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,217 reviews

Melissa

Fivestars

Phoebe

Not just for your normal businesses.

As I mentioned before, Fivestars has enabled me to engage with my clients and their parents without having to make them spend a lot of money for other tutors and learning academies. They are able to enjoy the coupons and rewards while having the feeling that they can trust my abilities in teaching and tutoring. Fivestars has been easy to use and very important to my business.

Pros

I like being able to implement rewards for students that I work with to encourage them to keep on attending tutoring sessions while saving a significant amount of money compared to other starting prices for other private tutors. It is also an incentive for parents or students to push their kids to keep on developing their skills while supporting my own tutoring business.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software. I have enjoyed every feature and I am excited for new updates and ways to engage with my clients.

Reasons for choosing FiveStars

I heard so many good things about Fivestars and one of the employees actually reached out to me which made me feel like I can trust this company.

Zack

Great way to engage customers and get detailed behavior metrics

Overall great for consumers and very valuable data for the restaurants to understand the customer.

Pros

Fivestars is a quick way to setup a loyalty program if you don't already have one. You don't need to be the size of a chain store to provide one and this has better customer marketing than the traditional punch card / stamps. Set your loyalty reward (i.e. 10 trips = 1 free item) and start seeing the repeat business. It's very frictionless to setup and in most cases, the customer just needs to quickly key in their phone number to log a visit. The real key is understanding the pattern of customers and being able to tweak loyalty rewards to increase business. The mobile app is great for consumers to track their trips and points.

Cons

Pricing is subscription based, per month pricing. It's not inexpensive but they do provide the install kit. It may take some time at first to see real benefits if you are not aggressive with promotions.

Anneliese

Rewarded at my Favorite Stores

One of my favorite features that stores offers, feels great getting discounts and points!

Pros

Getting rewarded and points at places I frequently visit

Cons

Every time I join at a new store, it sends me a text and will sometimes add me to that retailer's mailing list.

Janis

December 2021

Account gone

Pros

It is a good easy-to-use app to collect rewards from stores and receive promotions from local business.

Cons

I lost my account once I switched my phone number since it only allows access to the account through entering phone number verification code.

Lyn

Best rewards program

Overall, this program is easy to use and convenient for both merchants and customers to keep track of rewards.

Pros

The main draw of this program is the ease with which both customers and merchants can track rewards. With this program, cards are no longer necessary, which is great.

Cons

No history of points added are shown. Also, main disadvantage is having to download the app to see any rewards or points.

Savannah

Industry: Computer Games

A Great Way to Keep Customers Coming Back

Overall, the pros significantly outweigh the cons with FiveStars. Its ease of access for both the customers and the employees, and the increase to customer retention 100% make it worth it to install in ANY small business.

Pros

FiveStars tracks important data, such as customer points, their last day in the store, their first day in the store, PLUS you can add your own notes (for instance, if you know a customer is a "problem customer", that can be noted for any employees). It's super easy for the customers to use, too. All they have to do is type in their number, and they're done on their end.

Cons

With FiveStars, you can set up automatic discounts and coupons for customers to receive. This is great, until the customers notice that they receive them regularly after not returning for X amount of days. It can be easily abused by the customers to consistently get free discounts by just waiting a little longer to come in.

Marcus

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros

Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons

It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

LYNN

Industry: Restaurants

Not much for the money

Nice people. Very helpful. Good support. Decent training. Not everyone can teach.

Pros

It's easy to use and our customers like the system. They enjoy knowing they are getting a reward for being loyal to us.

Cons

Too expensive for what we are getting out of it. The only reason we keep it is because customers expect a rewards program everywhere they go. They requested it, so we got it. They like it and feel like they are getting something back for being loyal to us. It is really an expense we wish we didn't have. The only thing we do with it is keep up with the points for rewards. Can't afford any other services out of it. We're a small mom and pop. Maybe is better for larger companies with more profit margins.

Konstantin

Industry: Restaurants

Five stars review

That is a good system for start up business for getting the first data of clients

Pros

I do like how easy and quick it signs up customers and keeping their data for the future use and rewards.

Cons

I do not like that this system is not that popular and people are not that interested because of that

Stacey

Absolutely Worth Looking Into

Overall, it's so worth it to download this app. Get rewarded for where you typically shop or eat! Earn points, save for special items or freebies. Why not earn free things for what you already are buying?!

Pros

I love Fivestars. I enjoy how easy it is to have multiple businesses stored in the app for loyalty reward tracking. It is easy to see visually how many points I have and what rewards I have earned for various businesses I visit. It's quick and simple to find local participating companies and tracked via your cell phone number. I simply provide my number to the company when I'm at checkout to be given my points. It's easy, simple, and free to use as a customer!

Cons

I don't have any recommendations for improving this software or any features I dislike. It works great as is!

Gerald

Amazing product

It’s scanning. I can get past the slow start of the app.

Pros

I’m glad that it allows you add deals for different promotions. It is very easy to navigate through the app.

Cons

I just hate the loading times when the app opens up. It just happens sporadically. And sometimes I have to just restart.

Has potential but has a lot of hurtles to over come

Has potential to be extremely useful but I still in the start up phase of the business.

Pros

Client engagement and ease of clientsign up. Keeping client retention.

Cons

Needs a lot more Integration with other software and platforms to be competitive.

Karie

Fivestars Review

It has been really positive experience and I really truly do think it is a good program.

Pros

My favorite restaurant that I go to uses five stars. It makes really easy to pay with my card and I like how it shows how much a tip is for 20%. This way I make sure I tip the server or bartender the correct amount.

Cons

There has been a few times when I have used this software and it has frozen up because it has got disconnected from the WiFi.

Aline

My memory in the palm of my hand

Pros

With Fiverstars completely changed my daily life as a businesswoman, because I manage everything through fiverstars, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, contracts, rents and all things related to the financial life of a company, fiverstars is simple to use and makes it much easier as it can be used on the smartphone.

Cons

I have no criticisms to make as it meets my needs.

alex

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros

It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons

Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

Landon

Software - lacking

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong. I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own. I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out... All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.

Pros

its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Mohamed

Love local fivestar drive my business

I use Fivestars at Hideout, for calculating daily sales, use it as a tool for marketing and drive the sales thought multiple dimensions.

Pros

Loyalty program, low cost and convenience

Cons

No yet has the customer pay by phone option.

Reasons for switching to FiveStars

Economical

Pam

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Cons

I

Randell

Fivestars Review

Fivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can’t give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren’t hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it’s going to do what it’s supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let’s keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..

Pros

I like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It’s like it’s all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.

Cons

Really there isn’t much I don’t like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I’m at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I’m a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and 8 pm. So I have no choice but to stay home. I wake up at 3:00 am everyday and I’m bed by 6:30 pm everyday. So I can only go on weekends. Sometimes it sucks that I have to go somewhere else that this cost more to buy, but I’m so tired when I get home, that I have no choice but to go spend my money somewhere closer. I love this cloudscape shop and they have always been very honest, helpful and kind to both my wife and I. Especially since we r new to this whole vaping thing. So that’s all I have negative to say

Amanda

Worth The Investment!

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

Great paperless platform for rewards

Fivestars gets rid of the hassle of bringing my rewards cards to the vendor/small business each time I order something. Usually I forget to bring my physical reward card, or lose it. It'd be cool if users could transfer their stars/rewards to other users through the software (from user to user, not just from company to customer).

Pros

I like that I can easily gain rewards from multiple small businesses that I frequent through the same platform. All of my credit cards and information are tied to the same account, so that if I happen to use a different card, I still will accumulate benefits from the business.

Cons

The layout of the FiveStar software is a bit different at Urban Ritual compared to what I'm used to at other businesses. Finding how many stars I have is more difficult at Urban Ritual, since the screen is crowded with other information such as how many stars it takes to get 'x' reward vs. 'y' reward. It would be nice to highlight how many stars you have vs. how many stars you need for rewards on a uniform graph, such as a progress bar of sorts.

Trey

Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses

The pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention has been very high as reward points/spiffs have become a valuable commodity for our shoppers. Now for the (minor) cons: There does not seem to be much crossover between our business and others that use Fivestars based upon our anecdotal eveidence. I wish it was more of a local movement. Maybe one day it will be. Also, as far as the technical underpinnings, the API should be exposed to worthy customers (or those willing to pay a modest fee) so that they might integrate it with lesser-known point-of-sale platforms or databases; the company essentially refuses to do this, even though it would benefit both parties. Also, the tablets provided are nice but not without the difficulties associated with wi-fi enabled Android devices. Sometimes they go haywire and we are shut down inexplicably. Let's hope hardware improvements come. ( i'd bet Apple iPads, for instance, would probably provide a huge boost to the overall system reliability.)

Pros

See review.

Cons

See review.

The good and the bad.

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

J Robin

easy to use...

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,217 reviews