Google Cloud

Google Cloud Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Excellent suite with a lot of tools to manage your space and invite others to collaborate with you on the same pages."
  • icon"Google cloud platform is fantastic! it keeps all of the wonderful google apps in one useful place."
  • icon"The ease with which Google Cloud Platform uses it great. Creating events and having our people use the platform is very easy and very streamlined."
  • icon"Configuration of permissions can be a bit confusing at times."
  • icon"In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform."
  • icon"Sometimes the security system finds suspicious activity on the server. Alarms always turn out to be false, but it is impossible to use the platform during such failures."

Browse all Google Cloud Reviews

• Have you used Google Cloud and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,450 reviews

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Google Truly is the Best

Bleu

my review

For myself, I recommend this platform, Google Platform, as it is one of the best platforms. From my experience, there is a wide range of operating systems, as well as the advantage of easy uploading a file to it.

Pros

I see that it is the application of the future. I like the feature of accessing data using different devices. Also, Google Cloud Platform It is credible as well as very secure with our database and respects our privacy well. This is really an honorable thing

Cons

Well, from my point of view, I see that the cost of data transmission is high in GCP, and the second point in migrations of vms is kind of complicated. and the app take a loot of space

Zuber

Ease of working with GCP

Overall experience is good. It continuously improving itself. So I feel good about its future.

Pros

1. It is easy to work on. 2. UI is great 3. New features are rolled out quickly and can be accessible in beta as well 4. Good support process

Cons

1. Few features cost a lot. I mean a lot 2. Log router is costly 3. auto increase storage in db doesn't come back when not in use. Also no manual decrease.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

AWS is competitive for our company so we did not choose AWS. Azure isn't mature in kubernetes which is driving factor

Lindsey Dunning

Very helpful!!!

We use this platform a lot with our new restaurant. It’s very easy to use.

Pros

We love this to use as a team sharing platform. It’s functionality is perfect for us and easy to use even if you are completely computer illiterate

Cons

It’s lags a lot in performance and the lag time when trying to type on the documents is really REALLY frustrating.

Orianne

August 2022

Enhanced AI and K8 features facilitate the development of the latest applications

All data processing can be completed by accessing the cloud platform from a web browser. The ability to work seamlessly with Google Earth Engine. Even if you do not have a high-specification machine at hand, you can perform various data processing you want by operating the cloud from your browser. Because you can directly run analysis algorithms, such as machine learning, linking with various Earth Engine data. By using GKE, we no longer needed to operate our Kubernetes cluster and could now focus on application development. As a result, we were able to concentrate on developing services that could deliver more value, contributing to the speed and quality of application releases.

Pros

I think the Kubernetes cloud service is very easy to use, partly because it is provided by Google, which developed Kubernetes. We also have a full range of AI services, and by combining them with Google AI, we can offer AI services seamlessly, which helps improve the added value of our services.

Cons

The web browser interface is constantly changing. When the system is updated, it also changes the menu display, etc., so it can be a bit confusing. There is no problem with the data processing itself, but sometimes the response at the first stage of access from the browser seems a bit slow.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

Since it is relatively inexpensive and can be accessed by many people, it has lessened the need to prepare a local environment at a cost. Since a large amount of data can be analyzed using cloud computing resources, it is expensive, but considering time and resources, it seems reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Problems, specific effects, and various functions have been solved, and it has become possible to perform complex analyses in conjunction with Google Earth Engine. It became possible to proceed with the analysis without worrying about the specifications of the machine in question.

gael

September 2022

Me ayudo en la vida digital

Para ser un servicio de integracion con la nube. su uso no fue complicado para mi y los empleados de la empresa, actualmente utilizamos una suscripcion mensual en promocion y nos ha facilitado el uso de datos y guardado de archivos en la nube. sinceramente lo recomiendo para ser un servicio de Google

Pros

Me encanto que su uso sea muy facil de usar, la plataforma y el diseño de la interfaz es muy amigable con el usuario, y ofrece servicios completos en la nube.

Cons

Los precios para los servicios premium (suscripcion mensual/anual) son muy elevados, aunque a veces ofrezcan promociones o descuentos, tiene costes muy altos.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

Porque vi que era de la marca Google, ya he usado varios servicios de la empresa para uso personal (fotos, musica, apps moviles) y para uso empresarial me ha gustado bastante.

Anurag

September 2022

One place where you can stay with your documentation

Best one to collaborate with team members

Pros

You can place and write content in document and share within the organization in real time.

Cons

Same cell should not edit if someone already using to edit

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

TO generate the report and analyze the traffic on website

October 2022

Easy to access, simple to use

I'd recommend Google Cloud to anyone who needs a simple to use system for business needs that aren't necessarily all that simple themselves. It's easy to use, but not limited in its options.

Pros

Google Cloud is that perfect balance between easy to use and complex enough to resolve the majority of workplace needs. We're able to manage and share files internally, and also share relevant files externally in a secure manner. The folder and drive structure are precisely what we need for arrange our documents.

Cons

There are occasionally times when it can feel a little bit clunky when moving or sharing files, often with small views of menus. These occasions are few and fare between in our line of work, and don't prevent us from achieving what we want to do, only slowing us down slightly.

Mohammad Rabiul

Google Cloud Platform Review

I have only ever had positive experiences with the cloud overall. I haven't encountered any bugs, crashes, or hacking issues. I feel in control of what happens to my data, workload, and memories and they are all safe and secure. I adore the cloud, therefore I would never convert to an other product!

Pros

In my instance, I use a variety of cloud development tools from the Google Cloud Platform for web development. I make use of their SQL, Storage, Compute Engine, and several networking technologies. I've discovered that it's been fairly simple to get these many tools to cooperate. One of my favorite aspects of utilizing Google Cloud is how simple it is to start up extra tools, set up distinct operating environments for testing, and move "tested" environments into production.

Cons

The only drawback to this product—which is barely a drawback—is that there are sometimes too many organizational choices. Although I am happy to have so many alternatives for managing the cloud, there are so many that it might be simple to overlook some of the tools. Other than that, I'm satisfied!

Dydouh

GCP review

i have been using the GCP for almost 4 years now. I have never faced any problems regarding my privacy or personal data leakage. I highly recommend it.

Pros

- Easy access - Free usage - reasonable upgrade prices

Cons

flexible software that you can use whenever and wherever you are. the cloud is perfectly designed AND IT IS VERY SECURE. no data leaks observed

Muhammad Mizanur

Best of Cloud Service

I use the Google cloud storage often, not for any particular reason, but merely because it's convenient to use a more modern format, like gzip compression method. It is easy to set up and maintain status updates while having financial freedom. I like being able to access any file regardless of format or processor making it a flexible solution. It is convenient to have instant access to files, quickly, because Internet access speed varies. When used in writing good computer systems including desktops, web servers, or applications, gzip compression is an excellent solution for analog to digital conversion models. I use google storage to access any web page no matter how large or small. I also like that it is secure and reliable making it a flexible solution. I access it as an API which increases the flexibility in reading and writing data.

Pros

Google's Cloud Storage is a good choice for storing files. it lets you create, store, and upload them. It is managed by Google Cloud. This service will give you access to past versions of your data. Accessibility is manageable as it is effective.

Cons

Storage is essential, but access is crucial. Google's Cloud Storage is also offered alongside multiple cloud service options, with reliable and safe storage. Your data is safe as long as you continually change your access keys. Since access is reliable, you can still easily access your files from anywhere. More file repositories can possibly suit Google's Cloud Storage because of the well-received support.

Melvin M

May 2022

Best Cloud Server Storage Facilities

This is the Fastest Cloud Platform for launching your Database. The integrations are dynamic and Google Cloud Servers will guild your database into success. You can integrate many softwares that help build your business.

Pros

I used Googl Cloud To Launch My backend software (database) for my Business Website and the integration resulted to the most successful profits I've ever seen in my business history. They offer a wide range of Cloud computing and offer about $300 credit for building this system.

Cons

You have to be willing to put in the maximal time and effort to make good business profit. Its hardwork and you have to adapt to the Cloud environment. At the end of the day I'm not complaining I prefer Google Cloud Server when it comes to Cloud Computing , you just have to be ready to work smart and hard.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

Google Cloud has Cloud Computing features, major difference.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Blue Host started becoming too expensive.

infant

May 2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

Pros

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

Cons

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

Darien

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe. - Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files. - Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Cons

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Industry: Research

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.

Michelle

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Reasons for choosing Google Cloud

Better integration with other Google services (huge time saver), way less expensive, super fast, and I trust Google a little more than I trust those other peeps.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

I've been hosting web sites in one form or another since 1997. Every single "web host" company I have ever tried has used the same bait and switch tactics that cable tv and internet providers use, where they lure you in with a low cost, then double the price on you. In the case of GoDaddy, they even nabbed up my domain name and changed it to a Premium Domain Name when I couldn't afford to renew the registration when it expired - instead of going back into the pool of available domain names, they owned it and I would have had to pay nearly $500 to get it back. It wasn't even that good of a name!

Sébastien

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Jay