What are Google Pay users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Google Pay software through verified user reviews

• icon"Was integrated with M-Pesa, Kenyan mobile money solution making it very easy to pay fr products without having a debit or credit card."
  • icon"It is very useful in every way and more secured because I do not need to carry a greater amount of cash when I go to a mall or even grocery."
  • icon"Ease of use, Account linking more easy and feasible, QR code capabilities help users make payment faster."
  • icon"Only thing that negative in Android pay is you can't pay anything or buy anything if your phone dies and can't use the application."
  • icon"I don't have much that I don't like about this software/app other than it's tied to Google and I worry about all of the other apps that my information may seep into."
  • icon"Some places only accept Apple Pay or no mobile pay. It is useless if that is the case."

Browse all Google Pay Reviews

• Have you used Google Pay and would like to share your experience with others?

Ashutosh

April 2022

Good payment option but optimization needed

praveen

Google Pay : Hassle free and most trusted payment suite

I have used this app for over 3 years and it works absolutely wonderful. It has all amazing features which most of the payment application lacks that is reward for every payment or transfer and the chat option.

Pros

The main feature of this software is the chat and messaging service and also the level of trust users have for this software, obviously because it is powered by Google. Also I like the rewards feature which provides you scratch cards even when you don't expect it.

Cons

The only thing that like the least is that sometimes a payment may not be successful, although it is due to network congestion and happens rarely

Reasons for switching to Google Pay

This app has more user friendly options and is more trusted by the users worldwide.

Kevin

July 2022

It's Google! Always on Top!

I have their POS separately, I wish it were included, and maybe it is and I am daft about it, but Google Pay is fantastic and goes on every single device I have. That is the best, because my tablet seems to not work with the competitor and I have only to use that on my phone. But Google Pay --- I have all their apps, all of them, has just been there whenever I wanted or needed it and it is terrific as I use Google for basically everything, even though I have other wallerts.

Pros

It is really simple and kind of works in the background knowing your habits and is like your best financial buddy! I can pay for games, apps, storage, and more, all of which I do, and I can pay gas, ride transit, and so much more.

Cons

Nothing at all. I have their POS app too. It would be nice to have it all in on.

Revanth

An Excellent Software for Mobile payments

I don't need to have coins or changes to give any local shops to buy small goods, just few clicks using google pay and transaction in done either in bulk or just in coins. And with the security it gives us, it is trust able.

Pros

I have been using Google pay for long time now and i am highly satisfied with it. We can transfer money using phone to anyone and we can even chat with them, this is an amazing feature. I liked its Interface its simple yet advanced which includes every bit features required to do online money payments or money transactions. We can transfer money to friends, local shops, online stores, buy tickets, pay many types of Bills, etc. There are lot more features that helps us to maintain our monthly expenses properly. Not only Google pay helps to maintain money payments but it even gives us Rewards. For me I use it daily to do online transactions, its easy and secure. I even got into few problems while transferring money, but i contacted their customer care, they helped me out in resolving the issue in no time. So Google pay is good to go as a Mobile payment Application.

Cons

I didn't saw anything missing or anything that need to improved

triyoga

with one tap everything becomes easy with google pay

I still use google pay when I visit abroad, especially Singapore or Australia, because in my opinion, it makes it easier for me to transact there, especially the transportation.

Pros

I used Google Pay for the first time to transact in Singapore, and I was helped by the smooth tapping process on buses and trains. As well as many shops that have supported shopping there. And made easy with the payment method using PayPal where I save my money for overseas transactions on PayPal.

Cons

In my first setup, I have to spend a lot of time there, the verification process in my opinion is a bit long compared to other applications. but I understand that because Google guarantees its users to be safe in transactions.

Scott

August 2022

Google pay payments and server issues review

It's really good and I use it for daily purposes and small transactions to shops, friends, and other payments as well helps me walk out cashless

Pros

It helps me in day to day transactions and really convenient to use, it's really reliable and easy to pay bills and add bank accounts on it, I love that we can view previous payments and can even chat and get confirmation, as well as instant notifications and sms confirmation

Cons

The bank servers go down atleast once a month and it becomes an inconvenience, as well as sometimes it shows entered incorrect pin to many times when accidentally entered pin wrong once and gets blocked for an entire day

Reasons for switching to Google Pay

Too much kyc and have to load money in the wallet to make transactions

June 2022

Google Pay! The best Payment System till date.

Overall I would say it is a excellent product. Deigned very well keeping in the mind the mass public and and their needs. Digital payments have become so much easier with the availability of Google Pay.

Pros

The best part about Google Pay is the the ease of use. Making and receiving payments has become so easy for both teenagers and adults. It is so easy to use that it took me just once to teach my mother how to use it. Google Pay also allows you to make bank transfers right from the convenience of your current location. No matter which bank or branch; all it takes is a clock of a button.

Cons

The only issue I have had with the soft is the inability to link multiple accounts or a non resident account. I work in a different country form my home country and as per the government guidelines I need to have a Non Resident account for all earnings made from a foreign country. However, once deposited in the Non Resident account the money is converted to my local currency. This account cannot be added on Google Pay. I also attempted to add another account which also belongs to me but there is no option to ad account details and Google Pay automatically attempts to search for the account via mobile number linked to the account. Even after having the same number linked to the account Google Pay can still not find my account.

Heathere

Do not use Google pay

I'll never use them again. I went through so much crao trying to get my money back and it's been 6 months and I still haven't been able to talk to anyone.

Pros

It was easy to use and it was the recommended payment for Google play store apps and games.

Cons

I was hacked and had over $500 in charges put on my Google pay account. Google doesn't have a customer service phone number, and it's impossible to find anyway to chat with one to file a claim.

Jessika

December 2021

Worst experience ever!!!!!!

I used google pay to buy tickets to events like the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] concert. When it came time for the concert, I couldn't get in to my google pay account. I tried everything. Even chatted with customer service about the issue. It seems they had to verify my identity in the most obscene way and it would take 24-48 hours to do. My tickets were locked in the account and I couldn't get to them. 200 dollars wasted. I will never use google pay again.

Pros

None at all what else am I suppose to say

Cons

all Things on the app didn't work, I shouldn't have to write all of this for a review

Phani

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Paying app where it can be used everywhere in India

Overall I enjoyed sending money through my mobile and most of the time I don't take wallet when going out with the confidence on this app. Rewards for using this should be better.

Pros

I really liked the quick mode of transfer through UPI and the ability to track my bank balance , the rewards they give me for using. Google pay is the top application in India for sending money online according to me

Cons

Rewards are very less and it's boring sometimes so people tend to switch to other applications for sending money online , Also there is a limit in sending money. I request Google to share the rewards details and to whom they are sending or else people might think that rewards are spam here

Lorrie

The new Google Pay is a disaster

After downloading the new app and reading through a bunch of promised referrals to download the new app and to share, I was immediately confused as to how I was to receive the bonuses. Still I continued to refer, ignoring all of the bugs and annoyances of the new app. I truly believed that once the bugs were fixed, that Google would redeem themselves. To my surprise, it only got worse. I never received any of my referral bonuses even though each one qualified, the friends who I referred also didn't receive their bonus. Google made a liar out of me. It feels like Google Pay is moving backwards rather than forward. With so many good money transfer omg reward apps out there (that make good on referral rewards) there really is no incentive to stick with this version of Google Pay. I hate writing this review because I've bragged about the ease of using Google pay for over 10 years. Sadly, I don't have anything positive report.

Pros

Initially I was excited to see that Google Pay was getting a new look. I've been using Google Pay since the very beginning.

Cons

I hate that we can no longer use the web/email to send and receive money, so inconvenient. Being forced to download an app that is so big, and crashes the phone is annoying. Everything about the old google pay was better than this new app.

Reasons for switching to Google Pay

Had no choice, forced to download the new Google pay app.

Karel

My Experience with Google Pay

Would recommend Google Pay for quick mobile payments

Pros

A secure method of paying for items that you need or want. User friendly Can make payments quite easily and can store your information Mobile access

Cons

Not available to use in multiple countries like other services such as PayPal A lot of businesses do not accept this method of payment.

Reasons for switching to Google Pay

Testing out other forms of payment. Paypal is one way of paying for items but Google Pay is another great alternative.

marquita

April 2022

Love Google Pay, it saved me so many times when I forgot my purse or my outfit was too cute for one!

I swear by Google pay, I can say I dropped my other NFC pay apps for Google Pay

Pros

Love the ability to be able to pay by just holding my mobile device near the pos terminal, or even purchasing something inner app from my device. It's secure and I have never had any issues whilst using it.

Cons

This is really by know fault of Google Pay, but it would be so much more convenient if store clerks knew when they accepted it or not. Sometimes it will say and sometimes it won't so its a hit or miss.

Google Pay is available at more places than Samsung Pay

Ryan

Easy to Pay, Easy to Get Paid

Overall, I have found Google Pay to be exceptionally easy to use to make payments on a purchase and to receive money (as a vendor myself).

Pros

Google Pay comes with any android phone or device. Its free to use. It is easy to use and almost anyone can quickly learn to at least add a payment method and make a purchase be it in person at a POS or online. Making online payments is super easy, especially now that most vendors accept google pay. Google pay can act as a bank or it can act as a wallet, storing multiple payment methods from giftcards to bank accounts and credit cards - all of which are securely stored virtually. It also lets you store and manage key-tag barcodes for grocery stores, gas stations and most stores.

Cons

So far, I have yet to find something I do not like about Google Pay. In its first iteration, it did lack some of the features it has today but since that has been addressed, I cant find anything I dislike about it.

Reasons for choosing Google Pay

The other products charge too much to the vendor for use. This has actually been why many stores have decided to stop accepting Apple Pay.

August 2022

Payment app for all needs from Google

Google pay was started with good rewards and consistent performance. But after some years, it's loses user's confidence with it's own performance of Google Pay. Google pay should improve user issues and reward system to get the users back on the platform.

Pros

- Easy money transfers within self accounts & other user's accounts - Can transfer money instantly. - Payment app from Reputed company

Cons

- Google pay in India, sometimes fails to transfer money or pay merchant due to its internal server issue. - Rewards system got worsen day by day in Google pay where users got cheated with their invaluable coupons. - If transaction fails, it will some days to refund the amount back to bank.

César

Industry: Computer Hardware

May 2022

A virtual wallet for everyone

My experience with Google Pay has been very good, it is a very safe and efficient service, with the support of Google behind it, I never felt that my money was in danger and very few services can offer that. Virtual wallets are the future and this is one of the main protagonists.

Pros

Google Pay gives you the security and confidence that Google always provides to its services, you know that you can only find quality products from Google. Google Pay offers a very fast and very extensive service, you can store many cards and bank accounts on the same device, which is great because it allows you to be more productive and efficient. The security methods are good, I have never felt that they are easy to beat. Google Pay is accepted by many locals which is great, plus it's accessible to any Android device with NFC, which is now part of the standard. It is a great service that will rarely fail you.

Cons

In some countries, it is not yet available. You should be able to use the service without having Wi-Fi because many times we are out of service or the place does not have Wi-Fi and you cannot pay.

Hemil

August 2022

A great way to transfer money instantly

Overall it has been a really helpful app for me. Easily available, mobility and instant transfer. What more could you ask for better fund transfer experience.

Pros

Mobility is the best feature that i like about Google Pay the most. You can transfer money in a second from one account to another. You can easily make the payments by scanning QR code at numerous shops. You can also transfer money by phone number, bank account number, QR code.

Cons

There should be some more cashback benefits should be given to consumers and easy way is required to get the monthly statements.

Rishabh

June 2022

Reveiw that help while using Google pay

Pros

The Google pay is one of the best way to make payment, it is very easy to make payment with Google pay, I am from India, so I only about Indian version of Google pay, for using Google pay you need to have a bank account that is registered with your mobile number to use Google pay. You can send the money with secure manner. It also give many gifts and vouchers after successful payment, and your favourite contact on which you did a major payment are in the home screen so you have no need to search. It is very optimised and best way of payment.

Cons

The Google pay lacks some of the best feature, like it is mandatory to have bank account while using Google pay. I think Google pay should have Google pay wallet like Paytm or phone pay.

Yogesh

Easy to use and safe Unified Payments Interface (UPI) app

Pros

Google pay is easy to use and safe Unified Payments Interface (UPI) app which enables us to pay money directly from our Bank Account. Using Google pay we can pay our bills, transfer money to friends, pay to a Merchant for ordering food, vegetables, grocery, household appliances, etc. In addition, Google pay provides Rewards (based on the transactions) and a variety of offers.

Cons

It's not critical, however; sometimes (not very often) translations get stuck in processing for some time and then gets failed.

Udit

July 2022

Payment facilities simplified

Great software, but can become better.

Pros

1. Very safe and secure, can be trusted for financial security. 2. Comes from the house of Google, hence optimised to work with minimal fuzz. 3. Availablity on almost all major platforms.

Cons

1. Sometimes, the app crashes and the payments can hang in a limbo. 2. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Best there is!

Best way to be able to pay for things quickly and very convenient!

Pros

The simplicity of using the app and being able to pay for things right from my phone is very convenient.

Cons

Been charged twice for something I bought, but customer service solved the issue quickly!

Abrar

Industry: Market Research

One of the best transaction app around.

Overall this application is very good for Businesses and merchants especially. We can see the history and balance of our accounts. We even get various rewards and offers on transaction which makes user experience very good.

Pros

The transaction is very fast and secured. Rate of success on transaction is higher than many competitors around. We can send money to any bank account and to any UPI ID without any tax deductions. The app have a secure biometric and pin lock to avoid any misuse.

Cons

The money gets debited and the transaction remains incomplete or with a status processing many times. The customer support is very poor and the issues are not resolved quickly. It takes weeks and months for the refunds to revert back into the bank account most of the times.

Ahmet Fatih

September 2022

Verification can be troublesome, the rest is pure Google

Flawless comfort so far.

Pros

I like how quick it responds to NFC on my Android phone. Contactless payments are quite a futuristic trait of our age and Google Pay is the leading one in this.

Cons

At the first verification process your card needs to be saved and a verification amount is charged which sometimes takes long time to return.

Reasons for switching to Google Pay

It stopped functioning in Turkey.

May 2022

Make Payments through Google Pay

Overall Experience is good.

Pros

With the highest security features enabled in the application, It is simple to transact using Google Pay. because the application is linked to Google, there is a high level of trust associated with it.

Cons

The thing I dislike about It is that asks for location access while making payments.

Alicia

Good

My experience has been good.

Pros

Its easy to use and I can use google pay for my buisness for payment.

Cons

When adding cards to google pay it doesnt accept all debit cards.

Google Pay