• Pros

• "Excellent customers service. Easy to use product. "

• "How transparent they are. They are honest, less expensive, and easy to use. The customer service is fantastic. And how quickly I get my money. It's the NEXT DAY!"

• "Heartland software is easy to use and pretty straight forward. Little to know assistance was needed to get it up and running. Customer service is helpful when needed. "

• Cons

• "I have no complaints about the software itself, but the processing fees could be a bit high. It could be a good idea to shop around to compare rates. "

• "It may have been an add-on, but we were never able to load, check balances or redeem gift cards with our version. "

• "Some of the interface seems a little antiquated. It's functional, it just seems a little dated. Not a big deal really."

Browse Heartland Payment System Reviews

Rachel from Viaggi Development Group

One of the best in class for this service

Pros

I am not sure anyone can beat Heartland Payment Systems. We moved between processing companies 4 times over 5 years and as a consultant for other hospitality businesses I still recommend them ahead of all else. From the reps, to the service, ease of use, low processing rates and an incredible company that stands behind it all. This is a brand you can trust and service you can count on.

Cons

There are no cons with Heartland unless you can't find a rep in your local area. Then I say, work with them anyway, they are worth it and you will be treated like family no matter what.

Good secure payment processing

This software allowed us to process all kinds of credit cards in a retail setting. So many people buy with credit that it really is a necessity.

Pros

Solid company and software. They worked with us on getting it working using our particular setup. Never have a worry about equipment or software working. Costs are about the same as other payment processing I've used. Customer support is the most helpful and would even come around in person when I asked them to. They also were willing to go out of their way to help me get out of another company's contract to get back with them.

Celine from FAK Health

Heartland new

Very good option if you have a small business or even different departments with different types and sizes

Pros

We shifted to heartland because of the weekly payment system. With them we get paid every week instead of waiting for a longer period. They have different types of machines that can be used in different departments. Their processing fees are less than others too!

Cons

Nothing specific and no major issues encountered. Their customer service is outstanding so nothing to complain about.

Rebecca from Celtic Roofing

Terrible

We have been in service for over 12 years. It is the worst company I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Typical sales pitch, promise you everything but refuses to back it up. The site was not user friendly, for a Mac at least. She told us it would work fine on a Mac but once we signed up she said they weren't really "set up for Mac's." Our overall experience with this company has been disappointing.

Pros

- Automatic Withdraws on accounts that pay montly

Cons

- Had to change password every 30 days. If you did not log into the Portico site within 30 days, you had to spend 30 minutes on the phone for them to reset your password. - Sales Rep is awful. We were told no monthly fees and no contracts. We had monthly fees almost every single month after a year (I had to call and have reversed.) - We were told no early termination fee and no contract. When I signed the contract it was just "required" paperwork. She assured me we would have no fees. Lie. When I tried to contact her for the 1000th time, she said her manager would be in contact. A week later, no contact from either party.

Daniel from Suzy O's Inc.

First Rate Payment Processing

As I mentioned, heartland has been a partner of ours from our launch. And we have been able to keep that relationship year after year. They are a leader in payment processing. We have been approached repeatedly by competitors, but have stuck with heartland.

Pros

We have used Heartland from day one, nearly 10 years now. They have quality service and support. They have easy to understand billing and statements and have kept a competitive rate.

Cons

I would like to see more included features and support for clients in the way of sales support and marketing.

JD from The Ranch Harley-Davidson

Good Credit Card Processor

Heartland does exactly what they've said they were going to do. They allow us to take credit cards and they pay us the very next day.

Pros

They do what I need them to do and I have had no issues in the last 2.5 years we've been with them. They also have stellar customer service. Every time I call, I get someone who is very pleasant and helpful, which is difficult to get with most companies.

Cons

Their website looks beautiful but it can be difficult to use and VERY slow to load. Also, their pricing is beyond convoluted so I have no idea what I'm paying for, but I do sense my rates rising.

Michelle from Preserve

An owner-operator using Heartland for credit card processing & payroll

Pros

I really like using Heartland for credit card processing and payroll. There fees are super low comparatively to other software. Also, the statements are very easy to understand.

Cons

I am very pleased with Heartland and have used them for credit card processing at multiple units for over 3 years. I really don't have any cons. One time we had an issue where a guest's card was authorized multiple times due to a glitch and it showed up as pending transactions. Heartland helped me explain the situation to the guest and completely helped resolve the technical error.

Linda from Advent Funeral & Cremation Services

Heartland: The Ease of Small Business Payment Processing

When more than one person is responsible for payment, our customers sometimes have to elect to do installment payments in a short period of time. Paying on line or over the telephone makes the transactions so much easier. This method of processing is an asset to the efficiency of our day to day operation. We also added an online payment portal at one of our locations that is working out extremely well. Our customers love it. The funds go directly to the bank which cuts down on employees handling money.

Pros

Heartland Payment Processing is simple and user friendly. We are a fast paced business and processing payments quickly is necessary.

Cons

The cons of the program is the processor will stop working when the tape is low but it does not give you an alert.

I use Heartland in my daily work with and it makes it very easy to process payments pretty quickly.

Pros

Heartland is easy to use, works qyuckly and accessing previously run payments and reciepts are very easy.

Cons

I wish Heartland connected to the other software we use, to make it easier for our accounting department and agents. If the system connected to yardi and the information was inputted automatically it would save us a lot of time.

Ryan "Ryno" from Gamers

Great credit card processing

Pros

Excellent customers service. Easy to use product.

Cons

Not much. Was a very solid product and excellent benefits.

Jennifer from The Barrel House Restaurant and Tavern

Heartland User

Been using Heartland at our business for a year and a half and have had no major issues.

Heartland Review

Heartland was great for a payroll company. It provided many details, notifications, and great tools.

Pros

Heartland is amazing! We have used this since we have started our company! As an employee, I love being able to go on and see what I will be paid on payday. I have the ability to look back on previous checks and check my hours, also, when it has been deposited into my account, I am notified.

Cons

One issue we had with Heartland was that whenever employees wanted to make changes on their account, they needed to go through the administratr and that was not always an easy task.

Katie from MRS Property Management

Heartland Laundry Smartcard System

Pros

I like that our tenants have to option of paying for the laundry services online.

Cons

I wish that our on site machines could simply accept a credit card instead of having to go online to purchase a code.

deanna from TCPS

Heartland

Pros

Easy to use for meal payments and student obligations.

Cons

Needs to integrate with Power School software.

Katelyn from Barden Realty

Ok but not the best

Overall, it is a great software but we just found something else that was better suited to our company. Like I had mentioned though, it worked for a long time and was helpful just didn't do everything we needed.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is the ease of use. It was beyond easy to charge people, pull reports, and see what they were charged in the past. It was easy to learn and easy to control everything payment wise. We did use this software for a very long time.

Cons

What I liked least is that it charged too much for credit card payments and it didn't do much else payment wise. I wish it had where my clients could have their own portal to make payments and keep up with everything at our company. So it didn't have everything our specific company needed.

Kris from Natura Clean

Great savings, easy to use, great customer service

I am able to quickly process credit cards and get the payment in my account the next day. With my previous company it took three days. And the fees that I am paying now are less.

Pros

Cons

It's built more for companies that don't have to tie the payment back to a client. I have to manually enter the payments into Quickbooks once completed. There is a way to make it quicker, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Craig from Cleveland Improv

Almost 10 years of use and very happy

Overall been very happy with Heartland Payment Processing. When we have had questions or concerns, their customer support has been exemplary.

Pros

Very, very, little downtime. In nearly 10 years of use we have had very few problems. When it has been down it was usually part of a broad, countrywide issue rather than Heartland.

Kelsey from Crow Canyon Archaeological Center

Heartland Payment Processing

Overall, Heartland is a great tool. I've used others in the past, but this one is one of the best.

Pros

It's a great tool to be able to take payments and allow people to make payments online. We have had great success with integrating the platform onto our website. It's very easy to maneuver.

Cons

We've had some issues with the connection between the online software to a credit card machine. If we are inputting customer information directly into the website or platform then it works perfectly, but the link to a credit card machine can be spotty. Additionally, the reporting on Heartland isn't as great as I would like. It can be difficult to go back and find transactions in the system.

Very Good Tool for Payment Processing

Pros

We use this tool for Payment processing in our product. The integration process is super easy and support is also very good. We never had any problem with them in the past 2.5 Years of integration with them.

Cons

There is nothing least I can of right now.

Jonathan from Trinty Academy of Raleigh

Industry: Restaurants

Heartland in managing a restaurant

Pros

I find the payment processing at heartland very efficient, it provides easy refunds and corrections at relative speed

Cons

It seems a little more archaic in appearance than square and is a little slower, but it does what is required

April from Wishing wellness

Heartland review

Overall the system is easy to use and easy to train new employees in.

Pros

The processor is easy to use. It makes accepting payments from customer easy in person and over the phone.

Cons

I do not have any concerns with the system at this time.

Andy from Waystar, the combination of Navicure and ZirMed

Dedicated to Service

Pros

Heartland offers a multitude of payment processing devices and software - but the Support is what really takes it over the top.

Cons

No real cons outside of the normal issues that can arise with any processing vendor.

Kris from Natura Clean

Easy to use and gets money to you fast

This is an honest, ethical company in an industry of shady practices. I get my money the next day instead of in three or four days, I'm saving at least $100 per month, the sales support and follow up is amazing. I highly recommend this company.

Pros

Getting the deposit into my account the next day and price.

Cons

The customer support person that I spoke to was great and helped with one of the questions I had, but she wasn't able to help me with another issue that should be common. My salesperson is great and is working on the solution.

Linda from R & R Restoration LLC

Even the vendors don't stay

Nothing it is a RIP off and cost way to much to use.

Pros

The set up when using correctly is nice

Cons

Everything else. It is not worth the cost. The go through wells Fargo, so don't let a vendor trap you into a contract. Go with something else.

Chase from Anchored Chiropractic PLLC

Heartland customer service has been great. They were able to answer all my questions!

Pros

Customer service has been top notch with clarity and ease of communication. The system is easy to use also with payment processing and deposits.

Cons

I had been reached out by the sales rep multiple times even after we had a discussed several times my plan of action with the company and its utilization.

Navjot from Netsmartz Pvt. Ltd. Chandigarh

Too much easy to implement

Pros

They provide complete test cases and test API to verify and implement a solution.

Cons

Their API is not consolidated to dll , so you need to manually make changes for the update.