What are Heartland Payment Processing users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Heartland Payment Processing software through verified user reviews

• icon"The integration process is super easy and support is also very good. We never had any problem with them in the past 2.5 Years of integration with them."
  • icon"It's a great tool to be able to take payments and allow people to make payments online. We have had great success with integrating the platform onto our website."
  • icon"The people are so friendly and helpful when you need help. The software is very easy to use."
  • icon"It can be difficult to go back and find transactions in the system."
  • icon"I finally spoke to B[SENSITIVE CONTENT], a Client Manager, who said that there was nothing he could do to reclaim the fees charged to us. Very poor client service."
  • icon"Heartland debits fees from our account and then doesn’t deposit the sales. This problem has been occurring for two months and Heartland has shown no interest in fixing the problem."

Browse all Heartland Payment Processing Reviews

• Have you used Heartland Payment Processing and would like to share your experience with others?

Rachel

One of the best in class for this service

Pros

I am not sure anyone can beat Heartland Payment Systems. We moved between processing companies 4 times over 5 years and as a consultant for other hospitality businesses I still recommend them ahead of all else. From the reps, to the service, ease of use, low processing rates and an incredible company that stands behind it all. This is a brand you can trust and service you can count on.

Cons

There are no cons with Heartland unless you can't find a rep in your local area. Then I say, work with them anyway, they are worth it and you will be treated like family no matter what.

Kris

Heartland is easy to use, transparent, and has lower fees

It's easy. I don't have that nagging feeling that I am being ripped off because of hidden fees because there aren't any.

Pros

The customer service is amazing! The people are so friendly and helpful when you need help. The software is very easy to use. You see everything! There aren't hidden fees or fees that are impossible to figure out and the fees are lower than others.

Cons

It doesn't seem to be set up for automatic payments or maybe it is, but I haven't figured it out yet. It's the one area where customer service wasn't able to help me.

Reasons for choosing Heartland Payment Processing

It's less expensive, the customer service is so much better, and I can see all of the costs and fees.

Reasons for switching to Heartland Payment Processing

Because Quickbooks was so expensive and difficult to use.

Heather

July 2022

Pretty good processor

Pros

I liked Heartlands customer service. They were always easy to understand and helpful.

Cons

They had a lot of fees that kept going higher over the years.

Making payments simple!

Pros

I think my favorite feature is being able to email/text the receipt straight from the platform. This creates seamless communication with the customers

Cons

I personally haven't had issues with the software as I use it on my work computer, I know the mobile app has issues for the crews using them in the field.

Aliya

Industry: Food Production

August 2022

I don’t recommend heartland

I don’t recommend heartland. Everyone in my company had a difficult Time using it and it wasn’t given to us as advertised.

Pros

Heartland was easy to use when it came to general use. Which made it easy to train employees.

Cons

Very slow processing time, extremely difficult troubleshooting, many mess ups during peak business.

Price

Rebecca

Terrible

We have been in service for over 12 years. It is the worst company I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Typical sales pitch, promise you everything but refuses to back it up. The site was not user friendly, for a Mac at least. She told us it would work fine on a Mac but once we signed up she said they weren't really "set up for Mac's." Our overall experience with this company has been disappointing.

Pros

- Automatic Withdraws on accounts that pay montly

Cons

- Had to change password every 30 days. If you did not log into the Portico site within 30 days, you had to spend 30 minutes on the phone for them to reset your password. - Sales Rep is awful. We were told no monthly fees and no contracts. We had monthly fees almost every single month after a year (I had to call and have reversed.) - We were told no early termination fee and no contract. When I signed the contract it was just "required" paperwork. She assured me we would have no fees. Lie. When I tried to contact her for the 1000th time, she said her manager would be in contact. A week later, no contact from either party.

Tim

May 2022

regular user

Overall experience was favorable

Pros

ease of ACH and recurring billing set up -

Cons

did not have capability to handle employment taxes in Canada - problem for us as we had a couple of Canadian employees

Reasons for choosing Heartland Payment Processing

price point

functionality and support

Brandon

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

A Heart of Gold

Pros

It’s nice to have a representative from the company that you get to partner with when using the program. I am able to go into businesses and show the products and services that can be offered through them and their customers. The software is updated on a regular basis and we can work with the set up an implementation team from Heartland to do so.

Cons

Sometimes the screen can have more of a neutral luck rather than some thing that is strictly personalized with company logo and/or information. There are times over the past few years were things have changed to better the opportunity.

Good secure payment processing

This software allowed us to process all kinds of credit cards in a retail setting. So many people buy with credit that it really is a necessity.

Pros

Solid company and software. They worked with us on getting it working using our particular setup. Never have a worry about equipment or software working. Costs are about the same as other payment processing I've used. Customer support is the most helpful and would even come around in person when I asked them to. They also were willing to go out of their way to help me get out of another company's contract to get back with them.

Cons

It may have been an add-on, but we were never able to load, check balances or redeem gift cards with our version.

Annie

Switching to Heartland: one of the worst mistakes we’ve made

Heartland is the source of our biggest problem right now, and we’re a restaurant during a pandemic. We’ve been shut down in one form or another for over 12 months and having Heartland hold back 100% of our credit sales during this is seriously catastrophic.

Pros

I can’t think of anything positive to say to Heartland after they have failed so miserably to do their job.

Cons

Heartland Payment Processing has been doing the opposite of what their supposed to do, which is process our credit payments and deposit them into our bank account. Heartland debits fees from our account and then doesn’t deposit the sales. This problem has been occurring for two months and Heartland has shown no interest in fixing the problem. It takes me an average of 30-45 minutes on the phone each day to convince someone to force our batches to close. Sometimes the calls last as much as an hour, and many times I can’t get anyone on the phone who has any idea what to do.

Reasons for switching to Heartland Payment Processing

Heartland said their fees were lower, but they were not.

JD

Good Credit Card Processor

Heartland does exactly what they've said they were going to do. They allow us to take credit cards and they pay us the very next day.

Pros

They do what I need them to do and I have had no issues in the last 2.5 years we've been with them. They also have stellar customer service. Every time I call, I get someone who is very pleasant and helpful, which is difficult to get with most companies.

Cons

Their website looks beautiful but it can be difficult to use and VERY slow to load. Also, their pricing is beyond convoluted so I have no idea what I'm paying for, but I do sense my rates rising.

Michelle

An owner-operator using Heartland for credit card processing & payroll

Pros

I really like using Heartland for credit card processing and payroll. There fees are super low comparatively to other software. Also, the statements are very easy to understand.

Cons

I am very pleased with Heartland and have used them for credit card processing at multiple units for over 3 years. I really don't have any cons. One time we had an issue where a guest's card was authorized multiple times due to a glitch and it showed up as pending transactions. Heartland helped me explain the situation to the guest and completely helped resolve the technical error.

I use Heartland in my daily work with and it makes it very easy to process payments pretty quickly.

Pros

Heartland is easy to use, works qyuckly and accessing previously run payments and reciepts are very easy.

Cons

I wish Heartland connected to the other software we use, to make it easier for our accounting department and agents. If the system connected to yardi and the information was inputted automatically it would save us a lot of time.

Heartland Review

Heartland was great for a payroll company. It provided many details, notifications, and great tools.

Pros

Heartland is amazing! We have used this since we have started our company! As an employee, I love being able to go on and see what I will be paid on payday. I have the ability to look back on previous checks and check my hours, also, when it has been deposited into my account, I am notified.

Cons

One issue we had with Heartland was that whenever employees wanted to make changes on their account, they needed to go through the administratr and that was not always an easy task.

Ryan "Ryno"

Great credit card processing

Pros

Excellent customers service. Easy to use product.

Cons

Not much. Was a very solid product and excellent benefits.

Katelyn

Ok but not the best

Overall, it is a great software but we just found something else that was better suited to our company. Like I had mentioned though, it worked for a long time and was helpful just didn't do everything we needed.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is the ease of use. It was beyond easy to charge people, pull reports, and see what they were charged in the past. It was easy to learn and easy to control everything payment wise. We did use this software for a very long time.

Cons

What I liked least is that it charged too much for credit card payments and it didn't do much else payment wise. I wish it had where my clients could have their own portal to make payments and keep up with everything at our company. So it didn't have everything our specific company needed.

Industry: Restaurants

First Rate Payment Processing

As I mentioned, heartland has been a partner of ours from our launch. And we have been able to keep that relationship year after year. They are a leader in payment processing. We have been approached repeatedly by competitors, but have stuck with heartland.

Pros

We have used Heartland from day one, nearly 10 years now. They have quality service and support. They have easy to understand billing and statements and have kept a competitive rate.

Cons

I would like to see more included features and support for clients in the way of sales support and marketing.

Linda

Heartland: The Ease of Small Business Payment Processing

When more than one person is responsible for payment, our customers sometimes have to elect to do installment payments in a short period of time. Paying on line or over the telephone makes the transactions so much easier. This method of processing is an asset to the efficiency of our day to day operation. We also added an online payment portal at one of our locations that is working out extremely well. Our customers love it. The funds go directly to the bank which cuts down on employees handling money.

Pros

Heartland Payment Processing is simple and user friendly. We are a fast paced business and processing payments quickly is necessary.

Cons

The cons of the program is the processor will stop working when the tape is low but it does not give you an alert.

Industry: Restaurants

Heartland User

Been using Heartland at our business for a year and a half and have had no major issues.

Pros

Heartland software is easy to use and pretty straight forward. Little to know assistance was needed to get it up and running. Customer service is helpful when needed.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software itself, but the processing fees could be a bit high. It could be a good idea to shop around to compare rates.

Katie

Heartland Laundry Smartcard System

Pros

I like that our tenants have to option of paying for the laundry services online.

Cons

I wish that our on site machines could simply accept a credit card instead of having to go online to purchase a code.

Celine

Heartland new

Very good option if you have a small business or even different departments with different types and sizes

Pros

We shifted to heartland because of the weekly payment system. With them we get paid every week instead of waiting for a longer period. They have different types of machines that can be used in different departments. Their processing fees are less than others too!

Cons

Nothing specific and no major issues encountered. Their customer service is outstanding so nothing to complain about.

Katie

Excellent and efficient!

I become very excited each time I see Heartland in my bank account. Of course, this is because I am receiving money but it is also because I feel assured that Heartland has done it's job efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Heartland Payment Processing is the company my higher education school uses to process our tuition payments and reimbursement. I have never had an issue receiving my payment on time and with no effort required.

Cons

I don't feel there are difficulties with this software that I have experienced personally at this time.

deanna

Heartland

Pros

Easy to use for meal payments and student obligations.

Cons

Needs to integrate with Power School software.

Craig

Almost 10 years of use and very happy

Overall been very happy with Heartland Payment Processing. When we have had questions or concerns, their customer support has been exemplary.

Pros

Very, very, little downtime. In nearly 10 years of use we have had very few problems. When it has been down it was usually part of a broad, countrywide issue rather than Heartland.

Cons

Some of the interface seems a little antiquated. It's functional, it just seems a little dated. Not a big deal really.

Barbara

Poor Customer Service

Pros

As long as we were using the point of sale system, we were very happy. Cancelling our service was a nightmare.

Cons

We were charged for 3 months after attempting to stop our service. After speaking to Customer Support [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I was told that I would receive a call or email within 3 - 5 days from the client-management team about a refund. After 7 days of no contact, I called back and had to insist on speaking to a client manager. I finally spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], a Client Manager, who said that there was nothing he could do to reclaim the fees charged to us. Very poor client service.

Heartland Payment Processing