• Pros

• "I love the addition of the (-1) feature at payment, makes things easier for reconciling. I like the ease of the process and how quickly it works. "

• "We love the ease of getting new team members added to the system. We also like how easy it is to train new managers to use the system. The reporting is good as well."

• "Product was easy to use and get started with. There have been improvements with it since starting to work with it making it more user friendly. "

• Cons

• "The timing out of payments. It would be ideal to be able to add team members shiftly but pay at the end instead of it timing out if we take to long to add all of our team members. "

• "The limitation of not being able to undo a transaction that was sent to the wrong person by mistake, or that had the wrong amount."

• "The chime card that is offered for employees without traditional bank accounts can be tricky to set up and shipping of cards was somewhat unreliable."

Browse KickFin Reviews

Nightly Tip Outs

We set up a system for nightly closers and jr. managers to use the software, and the GM audited their work every morning. Auditing was easy, and mistakes were rare. It's easier and faster than counting and redistributing cash and correcting mistakes is as easy as just distributing money a little differently the next night.

Pros

In an increasingly cashless society, this app allows you to continue tipping staff out nightly. It works great.

Cons

Once the money is out, it's gone. So don't make a mistake

Douglas from Broadway Hospitality Group

Great Company and Great Concet

Customer service is quick to respond with remedies to issues. Overall I am impressed with the company. It can be intimidating at first but is very user friendly.

Pros

As the future is obvious to most of us in the restaurant industry, cash is almost a thing of the past. Kickfin eliminates the tough conversations with your employees and allows us as restaurant managers and owners to continue to provide our teams with the daily tip out they earn. One of my biggest concerns going into this was the worry that my team members would be put off by the $1 fee but to the contrary they were excited about not having to leave with a pocket full of cash and even happier not to blow all their earnings across the street after a hard day.

Cons

I don't really find many cons with the system. Having the employee names being in alphabetical order would be much easier when doing the tip out at night but other than that its a great system and concept.

Reasons for Choosing KickFin

Coming out of the quarantine from the pandemic cash was not the best option and putting our team on payroll tips is a huge turnoff for current and potential employees.

Jason from Diamond taproom lake Elsinore Storm

Easy

Overall very good

Pros

I like how easy it is for the end of the day wrap up for managers and how easy it is for employees to sign up

Cons

The website is kind of wonky and remedial

Kristian from LuLu's

High Volume Restaurant Review

We have had less discrepancies since utilizing the Kickfin software. It has been a really positive change for us!

Pros

This keeps our cashing out process smooth and consistent. Very user friendly! Very clean and organized site. We have had very minimal hiccups with this software. Any troubleshooting that has been needed was easily resolved, as the team is very prompt to assist.

Cons

Some of the employees had mixed feedback about the .75 deduction per transaction.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Hi Kristian! Love seeing your 5-star review. Depending on the state where they are located, employers have the option to pass the transaction fee through to the employees but the employer can always choose not to do this. It's easy for us to configure, and a change can be made at any time! (Other digital tipping solutions can cost employees up to $3 or $4 every time they transfer funds to their bank, and it can take several days for the transfer to happen; we've found that many employees don't mind the transaction fee in order to have their funds immediately available to them in their bank accounts!)

SALVATORE from BHG

Kickfin Review

I will say, honestly it has been an easy transition and much nice process than I thought it would be. I also can appreciate the team's willingness to hear feedback and adjustments sited from users like myself.

Pros

Cons

When making a payment without a tipped group I feel like there could be a more efficient way of entering the team team members into the "sheet" or grid. Even a simple thing of being able to search a team member then hit "enter" key instead of having to click them over could make things flow quicker esp. for a bigger team, like one of my locations has. Also alphabetizing the team members in the drop down list could save some time as well.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your thoughtful review, Salvatore! Our product team is laser-focused on continuously improving our product based on customer needs. Your suggestions are on our 2021 product roadmap you can expect to see a lot of these changes in an upcoming release.

Andrew from Cornbread Ventures, LP

Wish We Had Changed Sooner

The process of setting up the system was very straight forward and simple for multiple locations accross multiple states. We have been paying for armourd car services for years due to the amount of cash we needed to payout servers tips at the end of each shift. The cost of the trucks were enormous each month, not to mention the amount of cash the stores had to keep on hand. The ability to reduce overall cash on-hand and cash handling is a huge win. We made the stores safer, less chance of employee theft, reduced the cost to the company, and added convenience for our team members.

Cons

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Because funds are immediately available in your employees' accounts, it's not possible to reverse a transaction but there are a number of ways to address an incorrect payment. Contact support@kickfin.com if you need help!

Maria from Red's Savoy Pizza

Easy to teach and use

Easy smooth seamless

Pros

The set up process is simple and once you do it its hard to forget how to. Even if you do forget after a long vacation you can use the chat button or call a live person to help you if you forgot something along the way. for example add a new employee to system.

Cons

It doesn't effect me but the employee didn't like the 75 cents getting taken out each time. Our boss pays for credit card charges so after explain that they were chill.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the 5 stars, Maria! Depending on the state where they are located, employers have the option to pass the transaction fee through to the employees but the employer can always choose not to do this. It's easy for us to configure, and a change can be made at any time! (Other digital tipping solutions can cost employees up to $3 or $4 every time they transfer funds to their bank, and it can take several days for the transfer to happen; we've found that many employees don't mind the transaction fee in order to have their funds immediately available to them in their bank accounts!)

Dylan from 16 on Center

Never going back

Fantastic, I recommend it to other operators often.

Pros

Super easy to use Hourly employees don’t have to worry about walking out late at night with lots of cash. Instant

Jennifer from Tavern in the Square

Industry: Restaurants

Cash handling during a pandemic

Pros

I think that this is a great way to get our team to handle less cash without pushing them to the option of getting paid bi-weekly. It also limits the amount of liquid cash needed day to day.

Cons

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Hi Jennifer! Re: the timing out of payments, stay tuned this update is coming in our next release!

Nicole from The Broadway

Recommend!

Pros

Cons

It would be beneficial to be able to update “business hours” so that way you can audit a single day easier, for us we are often paying team members after 1:00am and can get confusing when doing an audit seeing two days in one business day.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Great news: you'll be able to customize business hours in our next release!

Kaitlin from Cantina 76

Cantina 76

Overall we have really enjoyed switching over to Kickfin

Pros

The ease of paying out employees and setting up new employees

Cons

Have to type in the $0.75 fee each time you pay out an employee. We wish it was just taken out automatically.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks, Kaitlin! We actually have a "tip holdback" feature that automatically pulls the transaction fee out of the employee payments. Our support team has reached out to you to ensure you're familiar with how it works.

angela from Tavern in the Square

Instant Pay

Pros

Very easy to use. Team members get paid instantly into their bank account. It allows you to put in your tip pool to make sure you assigned all money correctly. Love it!

Cons

Only con is that the session can time out if you take too long to put in the payments

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your 5-star review, Angela! We'll be extending the length of the session in an upcoming release stay tuned.

Lydia from Lulu’s in Gulf Shores Alabama

Kickfin review

I really enjoy this software and will continue to tell my friends about it.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get the money to the staff quickly. I also like that I can quickly review if the employee has been paid and if there is an issue then I can simply push their money through with a quick click on my mouse.

Cons

A few employees have not been added as easy as others.

Jorie from Joe's Bar / Carol's Pub

Pro Kickfin

Pros

Easy to use, easy for our staff to sign up.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the option to delete the tips within a short period like an hour if there's a mistake. But that has only happened once where it was an issue.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Jorie! Our upcoming release includes a confirmation screen to minimize the need to reverse transactions.

JACOB from Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux

It's been great. My team members love it as well. It makes paying team members seemless.

Pros

How easy it is to use, and how it allows us to not have servers walk out with 100s of dollars in cash on them, making it safer for them as well.

Cons

Honestly, nothing that I can think of. I have had zero issues with the software.

Craig from The Phoenix

Kickfin kicks ***

Overall, I would recommend Kickfin to any Bar/Restaurant. It is a great way to keep track of what is being paid out. As for the employees, it is the best way to make sure they put their money in the bank.

Pros

Easy to use. I love how the money is placed in your account within seconds.

Cons

I could not find anything that I do not like about Kickfin.

Parker from Flying Heart Brewing and Pub

Industry: Restaurants

Tracking Cashflow has never been easier

We no longer have to worry about people claiming they didnt get the cash they were due or wondering where cash went if a drawer doesnt balance at the end of the night, we can look back and see who was paid, how much, and when.

Pros

I was apprehensive when my superiors brought kickfin into our Brewpub but after the first few weeks of using it I would never want to go back. We are able to track where every cent that comes through the business is and our servers love that they aren't having to go to the bank to deposit cash all the time.

Cons

At this point in time I honestly cant see any negative aspects of implementing kickfin, it has dont nothing but make our lives easier.

Mary Beth from LuLu's Landing, Inc

Kick Fin

The best thing about Kickfin is you do not need a lot of money on property.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It works well in our industry. Servers like getting their money put into their accounts.

Cons

The problem I run into isn't a software problem but user error.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review! Our support team has reached out to you. Keep in mind that we offer live, hands-on training for you and your team. You can contact support@kickfin.com at any time if you have questions.

Amanda from Upward projects

A nice convenience

Pros

I love that we are distributing less cash to staff on a daily basis and that we can keep less cash in house. Having a digital trail of how much we are paying each person each day is very nice. The staff really likes being paid instantly and not having to go to the bank every day.

Cons

The whole end of day process is a lot longer than it was before kickfin. It would be nice if we could set up a pay sheet in the morning with everyone’s name that’s working and open it up later on to enter how much they’re being paid. That could take a couple of minutes off of late night closing.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

We love hearing that your team loves Kickfin! Most of our customers find that Kickfin actually makes the end-of-shift process much faster. Our tip group feature might help organize your employees within Kickfin; we can also connect Kickfin to your POS or scheduling software. Our support team is reaching out to help you troubleshoot!

Rachel from Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s

LuLu’s Review

Really like the software, and the staff loves the quick deposits of their payments.

Pros

The ease of the setup process and daily use.

Cons

Would like to be able to put employees in order that works for our company, not necessarily alphabetically.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for reviewing Kickfin, Rachel! Kickfin actually has a feature for pre-built tipping groups, which can help you keep your employees organized. Reach out to support@kickfin.com and we'll walk you through it!

Kim from Upward projects

Industry: Restaurants

Makes the tip out process so much easier!

Pros

Makes the tip out process so much easier and faster! No more cash handling errors or keeping large amounts of cash on hand.

Cons

I love this product, In my opinion we did not run into any negatives.

Joseph from Speaks clam bar

Kickfin !

Pros

Extremely easy to send money out to employees daily with ease.

Cons

Have not encountered any issues with the program, although tightening up on security for a 2 step verification payment system perhaps one for owners and one for management could decrease the amount of theft possible. Reports say it all!

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Joseph! If there is some additional reporting that we can provide you, in order to help protect against possible theft, we'd be happy to take the suggestion and work with our team to include this in a future release. Our support team will be reaching out to you for more information.

Connor from Farm & Craft

Save time & money!

Kickfin has helped streamline our processes for tip distribution, payroll & daily closing procedures.

Pros

Kickfin has made our daily tip distribution& payroll processes a breeze. It was super easy to setup and get started with very friendly and engaged customer support. We were able to customize the software to our company's need to ensure we get the most out of it.

Cons

No issues that I came upon since starting using the software.

Joshua from Walkon’s Conway Mcjunkins

Industry: Restaurants

It Works but could be BETTER!

It’s easy and makes people’s lives safer.

Pros

I like that it’s easy to to find the groups and pay without choosing dates like other software that I have used.

Cons

I don’t like the feature of not being able to reverse a transaction.

Reasons for Choosing KickFin

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Mark from Walkons

Kickfin Review

I think it has been a big help here in the restaurant.

Pros

Ease of you and very convenient for the staff

Cons

Need to be able to enter the employees working on a shift before end of shift. If we put the names on early the system times out and all the info is lost and has to be put in again.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Our tip groups feature should solve for this contact us at support@kickfin.com if you'd like a quick walkthrough!

Johnny from Walk-Ons sports Bistreaux

Great experience

Kickfin solved a ton of time management issues as well as accounting errors.

Pros

Kickfin was a tremendous timesaver. Super easy integration into our systems.

Cons

The only thing I would recommend would be the ability to retrieve money after sent by accident. That’s easily overcome by the absence of user error but it would be nice to have.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

We're glad Kickfin has saved your team so much time! Because payments are truly instant and immediately available in your employees' bank accounts, Kickfin users are unable to reverse transactions. However, there are several ways to address an incorrect payment. Contact support@kickfin.com and we'll be more than happy to provide guidance.

Angela from Miltons pizza

Great

It was super simple to learn. We love it, helps save time from counting out and separating cash for our staff

Pros

Love that our staff is paid immediately upon processing. Simple easy steps to follow.

Cons

It would be neat if kickfin would allow payments to be accumulated and users could do a one time transfer with a % fee

Hannah from Farm & Craft

Great Product!

Pros

This product is so easy to use. My staff loves having everything deposited straight into their bank account the day they work. Setup was extremely simple and we have never run into any issues.

Cons

I have not noticed anything negative with this software.

Pam from Red Rock Junction

Kickfin makes it easy

We don't have to have a large quantity of $$ on hand for tip outs. And our petty cash is always on point. Kickfin is a great problem solver!

Pros

Took a hot minute to bring employees on board, but now they love it!

Cons

So far so good! We have not experienced any difficulties.

Em from Harder Restaurant Group

Great option for tips

A positive experience overall!

Pros

Easy to use, and easy to access. Kick fin has streamlined and made tip distribution easier than doing it ourselves.

Cons

I haven’t found any cons yet while using this.

Mirinda from Serenitee Group

Happy with switch to kickfin

Overall kickfin has been great. No real issues since using.

Pros

It’s super easy to use. Staff enjoys that it simplifies things.

Cons

I wish the mobile site was a little easier to see the entire screen.

Craig from Walkons

Kickfin

Any issues that have come up have been resolved ASAP

Pros

Ease of use and support from staff, employee positive response

Cons

A little learning curve from what we have done for many years

Andrew from Broadway Hospitality Group/Tavern in the Square

Fast and Easy

Pros

Great way to pay staff fast and easy. Staff has access to their money in minutes, no cash.

Cons

Could be less expensive based on volume but certainly not overpriced.

Tom from Breakwater Roasters

Great software

Pros

The direct deposit feature for servers is very convenient. They appear right in my bank account! Its great!

Cons

None baby, this is a great product at a great price

Benjamin from Flying Heart Brewing

Kickfin

Experience has been great and very useful.

Pros

Ease of implementation, ease of use, and ease of transition.

Cons

No real issues, just had to convince staff this was a good option.

JAMES from North High Brewing

Kickfin is easy for tips

Pros

How quickly the money is deposited upon submission

Cons

I had to use an alternative email as my company email was associated with a different role in kickfin already

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Hi James! You should only need a second login if you belong to more than one organization and this limitation will be lifted in an upcoming release. Please give us a shout at support@kickfin.com if you're having any issues logging in!

Gyorgy from Walkons

Very good

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to use software. Team members get money right away

Cons

Nothing The system is very easy to use and fast

jay from Flying Heart

kick fin

Pros

very easy to use. money is in employees account fast with no hassle

Cons

could not find any issues with kick fin yet.

Ernesto from Sapori trattoria

Industry: Restaurants

A software very easy to use

It has save time because now it's more efficient to receive money on time without the employer having to carry a ton of cash.

Pros

The ease of use is the best thing about the software. I also like the detailed reports and how they are laid out.

Cons

On the admin side, I think the least favorite thing is the auto refresh/time out and having to start over with payments.

Response from Kickfin

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the 5 stars, Ernesto! And good news: we'll be extending the length of the session in an upcoming release.

Ease of use

Pros

This software was easy to use and manage. Distributing payments and managing employees were intuitive and simple.

Cons

Summaries and reports seemed to be harder to generate than expected.