• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Not expansive. Great customer service!"

• "Very easy to use, very easy to train new employees and very easy to set up and change menu items.... its just very easy..."

• "The back office is really convenient, has great reports and easy to use."

• Cons

• "Had some bugs in the beginning (not that many) but that were really inconvenient for the work flow. Those problems took many months to get fixed."

• "Colour coded section would be great for more visual references Back office, easier tally of multiple location "

• "Honestly I don’t see any cons. When I have had issues it was not the system that was at fault."

Browse Koomi POS Reviews

Shannon from Chase Hospitality Group

Palm Lane Review

Koomi has been a really, really great tool for Palm Lane. We love how straightforward it is to train staff on. I can't wait to see how we both can grow to better streamline processes in the future.

Pros

It's super simple to teach, easy to use and straightforward. Having the iPad setup is a simple tool for our business to use. I also love the app integration and hope that as our business grows, the Koomi Palm Lane app will become the most used app for guest's to use.

Cons

I do have a few wishlist items: the ability to "out of stock" items via the app directly, breaking down menu screens so that if we click on a salad it then leads to Protein Options, Salad Dressing Options, etc. (currently it's one giant list that you scroll through), for the Dine-In option via the App, the ability for the guest to choose a table number, some more analytics at the end of the day (better breakdown of "for here" or "to go" processed orders rather than scrolling through the master report).

andi from SAM JAMES COFFEE BAR

Perfect POS for a fast paced industry

Before Koomi we did not have any POS system in place. We looked at every available system and Koomi is by far the best in the market. The platform is super easy to use. Staff need very little training to use this POS. Recently we started using Koomi in conjunction with Clover and the experience has been fantastic.

Pros

Koomi is always innovating and updating their process to make sure we are getting the best user experience. They always listen to our feedback and have incredible customer support. The platform itself is very user friendly and can accommodate all types of different service options.

Cons

The only issues we've ever had with Koomi are the result of the internet speed / consistency. Customer support always helps target the issue and get us back online asap.

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

Koomi made it very easy to apply different tax brackets to suit our province tax codes. This was honestly the major factor that pulled us in. But once we started using Koomi more extensively I can see that it has a huge advantage in it's simplistic functionality and agility to adapt to our needs as a fast-paced take-out style coffee shop.

Jean-Jacques from J2D SAVEURS INC

Industry: Restaurants

Easy, fast and good value for money

From the beginning, a full satisfied experience. Demonstration of the software, implementation of the solution et using since 3 years, including calls to technical support.

Pros

Easy to use, to set up, to learn for employees and low expensive

Cons

Constant evolution of the software adapting to technical constraints as restaurants caracteristics

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

Hardware (iPad) les expensive, software more easy to use for a small business

Mackenzie from La Lunchoenette

Btter than some, not the best

Account manager is a problem solver, jumps to action. On-boarding was far from what you would expect. I had an hour on the phone to learning back of house. Almost identical to the sales pitch. Once you set it up yourself there is very little beyond that and you have to figured it out on the spot from there. As someone who is an owner, working in the restaurant, I have very little time to sit down and trouble shoot new software. We were told there is a one time intro for you or staff but we squeezed in a 15 - 20 minute 101 over the phone the day it was set up. I later asked if there is a handbook or sheet I can hand to new staff? No, there isn't. Fortunately, I have a young and patient staff who are doing their best . We had A LOT of problems with the printer, the Koomi router disconnecting, we were told this was exceptional but what it really was was EXTREMELY inconvenient and reflected very badly on us to our customers. Line ups at brunch with a printer system network only printing 6 out of 20 orders to the kitchen. Long waits, wrong orders, scrambles tables. It was a nightmare. My working hours are 6 am to 6 pm most days (with an admin day once a week) and my liaison at Koomi works from 9 - 5, Monday to friday. I am only able to address this during my "off" hours after work and this led back and forth phone calls and emails and this was not the "support" I expected. Worst was my staff were extremely frustrated and I wish I could have been assisted them with more info.

Pros

This product was an a significant upgrade from the original POS we inherited with the purchase of our business. I appreciate being able to see detailed and itemized reports. This data has saved me time since I not longer have to input sales analysis stats. I also appreciate it's "real time" updates from the dash board to the master Koomi.

Cons

I did not find it seamless or the design as intuitive as square or cluster ( which each have their own pros and cons). Visually the lay out of the items in each category does not mach our needs and the lack of any color doesn't allow for easy menu scrolling. There are a lot of little details that are not very well thought out ex. Customer orders a coffee and a sandwich. We process it as for here - it prints in the kitchen. Moments later the customer decided to take it with them or add another item, it is then reprocessed and re printed to the kitchen. This can cause the kitchen to be wasting food. Also, no split bills option is a constant issue for us. All updates made on dashboard have to apply to your restaurant and your app. You are essentially giving your online customers the same access as you would in house staff BUT it's not obvious if you're not a familiar user and how to use each option isn't clear. Example: We sell a sandwich, when you have to option to make it a combo for a set price. My in house staff will highlight the sandwich (10), then select "combo"(4.75) from the sandwiches options. Then are the specifics of that combo soup (0), salad (0), tea(0), type of tea (0), coffee (0). So sandwich combo = 14.75$ If they use the app they can select sandwich (10), then they are not obligated to select make it a combo before that can select soup(0) , salad (0), coffee (0), or tea (0). So they can select sandwich (10) + Soup (0)+tea(0) = 10$

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

They are a local Montreal company and I appreciated my account manager and felt confident that this company could assist us in making the switch.

lewis from Caf White et compagnie

Perfect for quick service!

Pros

Cons

not very much back end reporting. would like more detailed reports with time of day, week and month spending trends.

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

MEV compatibility, price and not many unnecessary features.

Shawn from Dixie Lee Brands

Industry: Restaurants

Koomi is purpose built for QSRs

Fantastic.

Pros

- The built from the ground up focus on QSR franchises. - The easy to use Koomi interface (which saves tremendously on training costs). - The detailed and insightful reporting. - The rapid turn around time on special requests and modifications to the software. - The stellar technical support. - The integration with the Clover Flex Terminal.

Cons

That we as an organization did not find and implement Koomi sooner.

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

A much lower cost to entry on a more reliable (and easy to use) iOS platform.

Sarah from Myriade

Koomi review

Pros

Its accessible from my phone. Has gotten easier to train staff on screen layout.

Cons

When it crashes it feels like there are too many hoops to go through to figure out why. Updates are only available early in the morning, which is not convenient if you open early and there are changes that need manual adjustments. They can mess with our morning service. Night time after hours would be better i believe...it would be nice if ypu can see what we sold during the hour instead of just amount we made during the hour.

Claudia from Le Kitchen

Great program, very usefriendly

Great service

Pros

Quite easy to navigate and user friendly

Cons

Thomas from Brasserie Louks inc./Louks Brewery inc.

Koomi is good for a small operation

Pros

Ease of adding products and services onto the Koomi POS.

Cons

We are not able to remove or add an item to a bill after we proceed with the pre-payment options (End bill function). Their is no way to void a transaction if a mistake was done with selecting a payment option.

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

Price and size of equipment.

Francois from Cafe Grinderz

Easy tomise

We received great support from Koomi and are able to customize the menu and reports.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Clear menu choices and multiple available reports

Cons

Inability to intergrate gift cards without the use of a third party

Better pricing

Maori from Restaurants

Great Experience

This POS allowed us to centralize all the information in put it all in a cloud that is accessible from many devices. This has allowed our company to work more effectively and improve the customer experience by reducing the processing time of the orders. Would highly recommend!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to install and set up. Our employees understand how to use it very easily and emphasize that it reduced the line up time we had with our previous system. It looks very sleek because it is just an iPad and paying terminals, which allows to have more counter-top space. The customer service is very personalized, always willing to develop to help our needs. In addition, the reports are all online and we can manage all of our restaurant locations under one dashboard.

Cons

no cons so far. Every challenge we had was right away addressed by their customer service and we managed to find solutions that were tailored to our needs.

Darren from Cafe DAX

Industry: Restaurants

Solid way to run your cafe business !

Pros

Working with Koomi was one of the most important decisions we could have ever made for our cafe. Their software is so easy to use and it is so customizable. It's a breeze in rushes and new staff catch on in minutes. Seriously. Working the till/POS has never been so fast in serving customers quickly and accurately, and Koomi is the difference. Their support team is the best I've ever seen and highly recommend them.

Cons

Nothing much, actually. It's been such a positive experience from the start.

Martin from N latt

Industry: Restaurants

Koomi is speeding you to market!

Koomi app is one of our key partners! Koomi's team is right over the phone with me as soon as I need it. We are always welcome to share ideas, to report observation on little details to push further (development) and even to ask for features to come! It just make my business management such easy and fun, day-after-day!

Pros

Koomi is a must to have for a quick and efficient business operation set up (a coffee shop is mine). This app is easy to understand for a business manager and such a user friendly tool for employe's training. You can create a menu in few minutes... Adding new items (live at work) or launching quick promo right before the opening hours (from home) and composing options groups on items are cool and simple features you just want. I also love the charts (sale/hour) that make me feel the beat of my business when I'm away of the shop!

Cons

No major cons for me. Manage the way you share the wifi on spot and you'll get a better feed/response on the network for your Koomi!

Annie from Blanc Vanille

Industry: Restaurants

Great app for us (ice cream shop)

Pros

It's super easy and simple to use. All my employees find it user friendly.

Cons

Two things would be easier: 1) It would help a lot to have different colors for the different groups (in the options). This way, it would be easier to scan and find the option that we want to select within all the groups. 2) It would be easier if we could correct one or many things after having clicked check out. If the customer changes his mind after we have clicked check out, we have to delete the complete order and then enter it all over again with the one correction.

Response from Koomi

Replied October 2018

Hi Annie, Thank you for your review and feedback. 2) You mentioned that you were not able to delete any items after clicking "Checkout". You can actually swipe left on an item to delete it even after having clicked "Checkout". When in doubt on using Koomi POS, please give our support team a call - we are always happy to help! Thanks again, The Koomi Team

Trevor from Cranked espresso Bar

Koomi POS review

My over all experience is very good

Pros

The Support and that its paperless when sending orders to kitchen or bar

Cons

The disconnecting of the Koomi and Clover integration There is no liquor tax No photos for categories No option for mandatory prompts when entering items

Maude from Restaurant Candide

Restaurant Candide's review

We are able to have a total control over all of the items and so over the payment of every client that comes dine at Candide. We can change items daily and it only takes a minute. We are also able compile our data every day of every week with all of the reports available.

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly to prepare bills as for all of the management of items and all of the reports available.

Cons

It is a bit slow when we switch from an app to the other and come back to koomi pos. The connection also fails a few times a night when we are not directly next to the router.

Gabrielle from Chouxchoux

Small restaurant user

It's positive, I've worked with most big POS services in the past and this system is perfect for a smaller place like ours. No extra features that would pay for/otherwise not use. Customer service is super nice.

Pros

Simplified programming Ease to produce several types of reports Good tech support

Cons

Unable to customize (colour code) item buttons of place them in specific order on screens Several updates Limited options to pay for the koomi service (They only accept credit cards)

Priscilla from AECS HEC Montral (Student association)

Intuitive, and good customer support.

- Easy to use so we can learn others to use it rapidly - The whole menu appears on the screen so we can have a fast service - Faster service than we could do before

Pros

- Whenever I have a question, the customer support replies fast - User friendly, we can get occasional users to use the software within minutes - Menus are easy to change - We had no problems with the software unlike with our previous provider.

Cons

- As our bar services need to be fast, opening and closing a ticket sometimes seem long for us.

Marc-Antoine from Noble Caf

Been using for 3 years

Koomi's really suited for samll service business like our coffee shop. It really helps efficiency and it take no counter space. Overall, it increases our customer experience.

Pros

Efficiency and user friendly interface that are using Ipads and Apps. Really convenient for samll spaces.

Cons

A few adjustment here and there but nothing that compromise the use of the software

Gabriel from BRISTOL CHAI

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use, perfect for coffe shops

Very good experience in general.

Pros

Koomi is so easy to use. I usually change my settings and prices at home with my phone. The fact it's an app on a tablet is also super nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, the app has problem connecting with my wifi (sometimes it might be connections problem) but it seems I'm not the only one having those issues.

Response from Koomi

Replied October 2018

Hi Gabriel, Thank you for your feedback ! Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. The Koomi Team

Jean-Jacques from Du Pain Sur La Planche

Koomi is good for me

Koomi M is excellent with my bakerys products. Adding or deleting products is easy.

Pros

Simple, efficient. No waste of time using koomi. Reports are clear and useable for accounting

Cons

Network management. Airport behind my routeur seems to be the origin of network problems

Response from Koomi

Replied October 2018

Hi Jean Jacques, Thank you for your feedback ! Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. The Koomi Team

Tom from Caf 1880

KOOMI

Pros

Its easy and simple to use, new employees pick it up right away. Its very efficient and speeds up transactions. Its extremely reliable. Customer service is a phone call away. Its a perfect situation.

Cons

Nothing really.. I have no complaints.

Jean-Philippe from Tag E-Karting & Amusement

Easy, simple, good value

Overall, great software, easy to use, simple for the staff!

Pros

Easy to set up with admin log in, easy to use for my staff

Cons

To connect all the POS with the iPad, printer and clover, you absolutely need customer service to assist you. No option to add lock screen with multiple user, only one code for the boss and that's it unlike Maitre D where the staff have to put their code before punching the order.

Reasons for Choosing Koomi POS

Simple and cheap for my business

Gabriel from Caf Frida

Industry: Restaurants

Some bugs in the beginning

Pros

The back office is really convenient, has great reports and easy to use.

Nikola from Cafe Aromes Et Saveurs

Great system great staff

Pros

I like how easy the system is to use and the ability to add or delete items from my cellephone or any other device.

Cons

Honestly I dont see any cons. When I have had issues it was not the system that was at fault.

Emilie from Cafe Perko

Coffee shop perfect

Pros

You get a software with all the abilities you need for a cash register in a small shop at a perfect price.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more colors so that it's easier to find items on the menu.

Sophie from Le Refuge, caf de montagne

Strongly recommand!

Excellent customer service! Great technical support when needed. The software is very userfriendly and easy to learn for new employes... We have been using Koomi for a year and a half now and we are so far very happy!

Pros

Very easy to use. Not expansive. Great customer service!

Cons

It would be interesting to be able to put (and it might be eventually?) quantities to the items. For invertory management.

Etienne from Okaf

Good ppa EAST to use

When we have to train staff it is very Fast for them to understand

Pros

Very easy to configure and use. Now Works with square

Cons

Connection with mev is sometimes lost but I Think it is a mev issue not koomi

Response from Koomi

Replied October 2018

Hi Etienne, Thank you for your feedback ! Since the latest update of Koomi app, how would you rate your connection with the MEV? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. The Koomi Team

Lucio from Pasta da panza

Using Koomi for my bistro

Great been using it for 2 years and subscribe to a year plan

Pros

That you could structure it the way you like it Its easy to use

Cons

Cant put orders per clients , only 1 bill or separate bills

Nicholas from Dalla Rose

Excellent Cash Register Replacement

Pros

Super Simple, No Frills, Easy to view dashboard and get reports.

Cons

I would like to colour code the buttons to make things easier. Having 24-7 customer support would be great too.

Stephanie from Patisserie Rhubarbe

Great Local POS

It's very easy to use and very practical when your menu changes often.

Pros

that you can easily change your infos/items in the app

Cons

The layout of the app could be more organic. It's hard to see all the items when you check out to make sure you got the order right you need to recheck each item one by one instead of having a one slide resume.

Yorick from Yo & Co Espresso Bar

Industry: Restaurants

Ease of use, day after day

Its simple to use, not too expensive and the customer service is acceptable.

Pros

Its super easy to use and anyone can learn how to use it in less than 5 minutes

Cons

The fact that its not directly linked to the Interac payment solution. Also, in a dream world, Koomi would be connected / linked with QuickBooks

Sam from Lotus D'Asie

Industry: Restaurants

We experienced a couple of technical issues but tech support is there. T Wedid have times that we're critical an fee had to do everything's by hand. It got rectified the next day but I guess that's the price to pay when everything is online.

Pros

Easy to use. Good. Takes less spaces since it's an iPad.

Cons

No features for groups reservation to add service fee extras.

Response from Koomi

Replied November 2018

Hello Sam, We do have an offline mode. If you would like to know how it works, please do call support and we will be happy to assist you!

Simon from Mignonette

User friendly

Pros

It is very easy to use, we have frequent updates, dont need a very elaborate training to use it, everybody can use it

Cons

MEV disconnect frequently Have to reconnect the clover (paiement machine) at least once every three days

Marie-Christine from La Chopinerie Inc.

Best software for a restaurant

Easy to install, really reasonable price for what is does. I recommand to anyone who wants to run a small business or a cafe.

Pros

It is easy to use, updates are quick and always very useful.

Cons

Nothing, really. Its everything i need for work.

vincent from le saugrenu

Industry: Restaurants

not ready for the public

It's ok. I know it can't be for every individual demands of customers, but if the cms and app were more open to customization features on the client side, it would really help. The fact that it's a pretty closed system is a big thumbs down. The simplicity is acceptable and nonetheless a good app. Just hoping for more for the pricing. i feel just hiring a backend dev for a one off system would be just as expensive but with more features. Also, customer service is horrible. No answer to emails.

Pros

cms is easy to use. its locally made. i feel like it's a small startup in a competetive market

Cons

lack of features : no custum sale reports for easy filing. Actually horrible sales reporting with only day to day reports that you have to manually file. Would actually be easier if we just had access to thendata files instead of lowering productivity by manually checking every day. also seperate exports for just taxes or just sales pre tax. connectivity issues. Doesnt work offline or on location. Lackluster managing of invoices on the app : doesnt help in fast intervention when in front of client if they quickly change their mind on something. overall doesnt help me in productivity but adds a workload that could be avoided if new features were created. updates shouldnt make the previous app version unusable. If there is an update during service it makes for yet another interruption in productivity and quality of the restaurant's service

Marie-Pier from cafe sao

Very good app

very good overall experience for the kind of need we have

Pros

it's easy to use and modify and I like the stats and overview

Cons

if you have a lot of items, it gets confusing.

Marie from Sento spa

Koomi for everybody

Pros

As we are not a restaurant, I could not speak about certain features which we don't need, but Koomi is very easy to use and can be useful for every kind of shop.

Cons

Support and tips could be more detailed on the website.

Herv from Le Hangart Saint-Denis

A very cool look and easy use

I recommend it without any hesitation ... Overall experience very satisfactory

Pros

it's very simple to use and modern design

Cons

the loss of daily connection with Clover

Mark from Bon Crepe

Koomi delivers

Koomi has made it easy for communication from the order taker to the kitchen. Order errors have been eliminated.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable and support is constantly adding new features

Cons

Nothin really comes to mind. No problems.

Samuel from Paquebot

Best pos software for a coffee shop!

Pros

Information is all in the cloud. You can access everything from any browser.

Cons

Interface could be more compact. Other than that, everything is super!

Hillary from Hillary Salad

Terrible customer sery

Terrible service l. When you have a problem, theres never really an agent there to help you 24/7! We had to close on the weekends since the software was down and there offices had no contact support on the weekends The software needs a better design platform and a 24/7 customer support agent. They are wuick to take your money but are gone when you need real help. The reports are not timed properly even if you set it up in the eastern time zone and you want the report at a certain time it wont send it to you untill 3-r hours

Pros

The only think I like is that its user friendly

Cons

Glitches Doesnt communicate with the Mev It keeps disconnecting There is no system of colours Its hard to punch in food items as theres no proper distinction Forced to get the latest Ipad for a mediocre software

John from Ono Pokii

Quick and easy to use

Overall the POS is very easy to use and flexible.

Pros

Customisation of menu with a live portal

Cons

Lack of colour coordination would be very helpful

Andrew from Cafe Guerrero

Easy to use , works well , and fast!

We use Koomi because we need to use the MEV system and we like the Sqaure app for its speed and ease of use. Koomi has allowed us to do this seamlessly. Its fast and easy to use , if you have questions the support team is there to answer.

Pros

User friendly , works fast. Since starting with Koomi we havent encountered any problems so far , its been a smooth transition. I would recommend.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind because it is doing the job that its supposed to do.

Mathieu from Caf Spill the Beans

Most efficient POS software

Pros

Easy-to-use, especially in the restaurant industry where the employee turnover, is high, the system needs to be simple to use and this is what Koomi offers. Plus the opportunity to have a dedicated mobile app for my coffee shop is a huge must.

Cons

There are some leak of integrations but the team is really pushing integration with various software on the market.

Marie from Victor Rose Espresso Bar

Koomi POS review

Its been great soo far. Some glitches on daily use that still have to be worked out and need to contact customer support.

Pros

Ease of set up. Great communication with customer care.

Cons

Not in person training (telephone training)

A great app for its price

Pros

Easy to use, we already had another software before and this is way more intuitive. The staff learns quickly how to use it.

Cons

Less options then some other software, like printing your daily report isnt possible from the app. You have to go to the backoffice.

Susan from Center for Technology, Essex

School Cafe Use

Pros

I like how easy it has been to learn and teach my students

Cons

Having to buy a new printer to replace the one we already had.

Daniela from Cafe Bebe Lala

Easy and simple.

Got my business working in minutes. Thank you Koomi!

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. Love to be able to check on my business on all the devices and anywhere.

Cons

The interface is too big for an ipad when you have many products.

Marie from OZTUDIO

Koomi

Pros

Very easy to use for me and my employees. The technical team helped a lot at the beginning and they are available for questions.

Cons

Nothing it's working well, I'm happy with this POS solution for my bar