• Pros

• "Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business."

• "I like the simple interface, it is easy to use and simple to implement"

• "Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation. "

• Cons

• "There was no support as soon as they received our money. They promised everything and we received nothing. DO NOT CHOOSE LAVU YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED "

• "Price point for product and services could be more competitive. The start up cost for Lavu POS could deter business owners. "

• "Not very user friendly but with some time it becomes easier."

Browse Lavu iPad POS Reviews

Taylor from Bisbee Breakfast Club

Best Restaurant Software Yet

Pros

-Love the ease of using an iPad -Size of the icons -Different color option icons - Different categories available -Ease of table organization -Ease of checkouts -Very well laid out -Easy clock-in

Cons

-Hard signing process, customers complained

Michael from Mount Hope Estate & Winery

Great inventory and POS software

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Pros

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Cons

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu iPad POS

Ability to have multiple locations and to see what stock levels each location has.

Guy from Screaming Carrots

STAY AWAY

I purchased a complete system from LAVU this past April with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there was very little in common between what was verbally promised and what was actually delivered, VERY LITTLE! Typical sales tactics, they put extreme pressure on you to sign up (do it in the next 6 hours or the promotion expires), give you practically no time to read the fine print, and all of a sudden you find yourself in a 3 years contract with ridicules early termination penalties and a service provider that is incapable of delivering half of what was promised. They count on you not having the time or resources to take them to court. We are now almost at the end of September, just this past week they delivered the last remaining hardware piece originally promised, 5 months later! Thank god I kept my CAKE system going or I would have gone out of business. Their customer service is of the lowest level you would ever see, especially from an IT company, they provide practically no solutions to issues or a very vague future fixes, and their system keeps crashing leaving you with no ability to run your business mid-day and with no warning, time after time.

Pros

Being an iPad based system it offer mobility and flexibility

Cons

Doesn't do many of the functions it promises, and does a poor job at functioning features

Reasons for Choosing Lavu iPad POS

Their sales team is strong, I should have done more research.

Jamie from Brass Monkey

Disappointing

After using this system and growing our brand new business after 8 months I can honestly say it is the worst system I have operating between 7 locations I am involved with. It started off ok although challenging and difficult. But after getting though the kinks it was almost ok because their tech support team could help a lot. That was until they subbed out their tech support late Jan to India. Now it’s a disaster. Over 100 hours spent online fixing stuff, sitting on hold and zero supervisor call backs. Hundreds of dollars in gift cards sold only to have hundreds of them lost in sales that don’t work on the system and tech support knows less then I do. Over the past 6 weeks I Personally have over 50 hours logged online on hold and on the computer trying to make stuff work that is failing. Explain to me how another restaurants menu has made its way into my force modifiers optional, optional modifiers, and modifier groups that I never created. I am a craft beer and craft burger location. All of a sudden I have a Mexican menu inserted into my options causing my staff nothing about problems and disasters in the middle of dinner service. Their answer is I must’ve given my passWord out. This makes zero sense to me. Stay far away from the system. They even remove the review section from their Facebook page

Pros

It was a fairly inexpensive system with full wireless operations options for a 15,000 sq ft location on a tight budget.

Cons

Customer service tech support after 6 months.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu iPad POS

It was 100 percent WiFi including printers.

Response from Lavu

Replied February 2020

Jamie, we apologize for any trouble or inconvenience you may have experienced. Our records show our support team has been working with you to resolve your issues. Please feel free to contact our support team at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members would be glad to assist you with any other issues you are having.

SEAN from Machete Tacos and Tequila

Industry: Restaurants

As good as any "Industry Standard"

We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Better price point Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with Great team behind it Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

Cons

There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

Response from Lavu

Replied March 2019

Hi Sean, Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions. The Lavu Team

Joe from Rev Cafe

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Pros

Cons

Need some better basic features: -Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants. -Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

Response from Lavu

Replied March 2018

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.

Heather from Black Forest Pub & Grille

Industry: Restaurants

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Pros

Ease of use Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Cons

Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

John from Mangia Italian Restaurant

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days! Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc... The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Pros

The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Cons

WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE! Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had online ordering and I was told yes we do. After I had purchased the system and went to set it up I asked "Well how do I set up the credit card integration for the online ordering?" Then I was told "Oh we have online ordering but we don't have online payment" WHAT!!? This is 2017 not 1999 what do you mean you don't have online payment? "We had a problem with it and had to take it off line, we should have it back up by Nov." Well today is 08-21-2018 and guess what I still don't have? You got it - online payment.

Response from Lavu

Replied August 2018

Hi John, We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you

Russell from Salud! de Mesilla

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pros

Cons

Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Brian from Keo Ku Jang Restaurant

Industry: Restaurants

After one full year - still happy

Overall, a good product and always recommend to others.

Pros

System is fairly easy to use and navigate. Easy to setup menus and configure accordingly. Customer support is pretty responsive and quick although sometimes questionable knowledge to help with all situations. Cost for system is excellent.

Cons

Fonts can be a bit small on pos interface and thus hard to read. No big cons to comment on other than have had some big hassles configuring system to work with different credit card merchants and being bounced back and forth with customer support to resolve.

Judy from Self Employed

The Best POS System

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Cons

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

Dennis from Weaver Deli

September 2015

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system. Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus. The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out. The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

Jennifer from Tumalo Feed Co. Steakhouse

Shutting Down During Peak Times

Pros

I like the simple interface, it is easy to use and simple to implement

Cons

99% of the time the software works well however we have had consistent problems with the system going offline in the middle of very busy nights. We will have a restaurant full of people 30+ tables with open orders and the system completely stops working (it always happens at peak times when we should be making the most money when we are the busiest, they have not invested enough to function at the scale they are selling for). Servers cannot send orders to the kitchen, we cannot run cards, servers loose track of what the final cost of the bill is for the customers and what their order is. The 1% of the time when Lavu goes offline has irreversible damage to our business. It creates chaos among staff members, it disrupts our reputation as a legit business and damages our relationship with our customers, and it causes us to loose money on tickets that do not get rang in right or when we have to jot down credit card numbers instead of running them to learn the card is no good once Lavu is back online. This has happened to us at least 8-9 times in the 1 year we have had LAVU. Not only is it unacceptable for this to ever happen but we do not get any compensation for our trouble or loss of income and the Lavu team will not return our calls or explain what is happening or reassure us that it wont happen again. There is no backup plan or support on help coming. Unfortunately I feel we are going to have to look for something else.

Response from Lavu

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your review, Jennifer. We hear what you're saying and we are working diligently to bring offline mode to our customers by late July. We know that the downtime is unacceptable and we appreciate your patience with us. The Lavu Team.

enung from spaccanapoli di ubud

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Pros

about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Cons

fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

Blaine from Wyatts

We are pulling our systems out of our restaurants

Nothing to come close to outweighing the cons

Pros

About the only thing that is positive about this system is that it is internet based and we can move freely about the restaurant to serve our guests.

Cons

Billing is constantly inaccurate and the system shuts down during service because of this. If you're ok with the system going offline with no warning due to inaccurate automated billing issues and 3 hours on the phone with inept customer service reps while having zero access to input orders, print tickets to your kitchen, bills for the customers and not being able to process credit cards than this IS the system for you! Our sales and install guy was a joke. Over promising on system answers he didn't even know but said yeah it does that. When it came to menu input it took him 2 weeks from start to finish and we had to just take over and redo everything ourselves. Reporting functions that should be available that weren't we were told would be "coming soon" in the next version have not materialized. Customer service is absolutely horrendous. If you like long hold times over an hour most times or a we will call you back message many hours most times then again this is the system for you!

Response from Lavu

Replied August 2017

Hello Blaine, We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope we can solve these issues you've been having. Our customer care manager is looking into the issue now and will reach out to you. In the meantime, we recommend reaching out to our 24-hour customer care line 1.855.528.8457 with any immediate issues you may be having. We would be more than happy to address the problems with your system. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had and look forward to working through these issues. -Kristin

Gede from Maybe Tony

Food and beverages need this!!

Benefit i get fr lavu are very simple to use, details and accurate. Al cash flow you can control and manage by lavu and anywhere you go. You can check the data anytime event that the table not paid yet. Thank you marketman

Pros

Easy to use and costumize what do you want it to sell. Lavu has completely modifier to provides any request from the guest and we can set it up on lavu.

Cons

Report of end of the day is very details and completely what you need. You can integrates with many other accounting system. All the featurw and functional is only in one system.

Response from Lavu

Replied August 2019

Gede, thank you for your feedback.. every day we strive to improve since your success is all that w strive for.. don't forget to join our referral program in which we pay up to $10,000 a month for word of mouth.. https://lavu.com/referral-partner-program/.

Jeffrey from Dell' Anno's Pizzeria

June 2016

To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

Wes from RCE

STAY AWAY

Pros

The interface is user friendly, and tickets get sent to kitchen without many problems. But we could do this with paper

Cons

Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

July 2016

Steven from The High Lounge

July 2016

Nice Job Lavu

I have a pretty big place, with a long wine and cocktail list, but this handled all of our menu, and getting running was fast with one of the distributors we found in our area. We switched from an older POS after our contract ran out, and this seemed like the new, efficient thing to try out. It was a quick install, and way less than what I paid before. I miss some of the inventory ordering and employee scheduling my old system had, but this makes up for it in other ways. My servers picked it up right away, almost no training needed

Jamie from Cold Creek Tavern

Not A Fan -Would suggest Pen & Paper

Benefits: It was a band-aid for when I didn't have anything. LAVU has now become an albatross around the neck of our business.

Pros

Generically, the price is what what the draw for me an my small Craft Beer bar. I even recommended it at the beginning to a few other customers, but it was a mistake.

Cons

Not customer support per se, but the fact that when they utter "development team" right there, there is no hope your problem will be solved. None. They now call a problem that needs the development team a "Feature Request" which is the nice way of them saying, "No, we are not going to fix it, ever". A "Feature Request" sounds like you are imposing on them to do something special for you, instead of just fixing the software to work as intended The back end web software is in shambles and rarely works as advertised. The reporting features give you decent onscreen views, but you cant reprint a ticket that you can see on their backend web interface. The "print layout" for some tables dont work and give random data. Discounting system is not robust.

Response from Lavu

Replied February 2018

Hi Jamie, We're sorry to hear your experience with Lavu has not been positive. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers and would love another opportunity to try and resolve any issues. Please call our 24/7 Customer Care team at 855-767-5288 or email us at support@lavu.com. Thank you, Lavu

Kevin from Jill's Irish Pub

Excellent POS System

Bought the system for my pub about three years ago and I'm glad I did. Lavu has helped my staff open/close tabs much quicker than before I bought the system. I'm making more money and I can say that part of the reason is due to Lavu. Excellent POS system.

Pros

Ease of use and the reliability. Hasn't crashed on me in the three years I've had it.

Cons

Lags every once in a while.

Rebecca from Fireside Martini and Wine Bar

Jessica Schell is TREMENDOUSLY helpful and knowledgeable!

Pros

Ease of use. New employees can figure things out quite easily. Integrates smoothly with Vantiv (Mercury) including their gift program.

Cons

Until just this week, I would have said that the inability to take EMV, Apple Pay, etc. through our current merchant processor was my biggest challenge. Thankfully for the support staff, I was able to purchase the equipment necessary and will be up and running with our new terminal and it's new features soon!

Laura from Olympic Pita

Industry: Restaurants

Lavu is easy to use and has fantastic customer service

Pros

INTEGRATION with 3rd party delivery sites via Chowly (so no more manually inputting orders from seamless/ delivery.com/ eat24/ etc. into the POS system), easy to use, good quality hardware, fantastic customer service (anytime I call, the question gets solved the first time; customer service is friendly & very effective; always easily accessible), lots of amazing features (reports, inventory management, employee management) When I first contacted Lavu, we were only interested in switching POS systems for 1 reason: integration with 3rd party delivery sites. Lavu didn't have the Chowly integration at the time I first contacted them, but 2 weeks later, I got a call from my sales rep saying they were in the process of speaking/ partnering with Chowly. Lavu is a small company (compared to other POS system companies) and all employees work out of 1 building in Arizona. This is a major advantage to me. There is not a lot of red tape, they work closely together (if I have a question for someone in another department, my sales rep would literally walk over to them and ask) and things get done... FAST!

Cons

Nothing to do with Lavu - it's just that apple software (i.e. iPad) is more costly than using Android-based systems (i.e. tablets) but the iPad is MUCH more user friendly

Lori from Boothbay Craft Brewery

Industry: Restaurants

Lavu has been great for us!

Financial Reports. Time cards/Payroll. Theft of employees. Tip tracking. Busy hours of operation. Training testimonials. All of this is helpful to us.

Pros

Customer service is fantastic! The best support out there, we really feel like they listen to us and are responsive when we need something.

Cons

Initial set up of the hardware was a little clunkier than I hoped. Software was way easier and then we were up and running.

Chris from Restaurants

HEED MY WARNING! DON'T BUY THIS POS

PLEASE PLEASE don't waste your money. We are switching to a different solution. We wasted too much money and time so please let our error help you out! DON'T BUY THIS POS - (which has multiple acronyms for this POS)!!

Pros

First system I have used with tablets at table, which I like.

Cons

Where to begin on this list. First - their support is god awful. And I don't think it's their faults.. These folks aren't trained. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get someone on the phone. They want you to Chat.. Which takes a ton of time and isn't very user friendly. The system - Front end is "fine" I'd say... When it's up! The back end system is plain terrible. Trying to break things down is impossible. Their End of Day report on the back end doesn't add up to give you your total cash deposit!!?? WHAT? I've never heard of such a thing! That's like the basics!

Response from Lavu

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review. We are really sorry to hear that your experience with Lavu has not been positive. Our latest release is a big one and addresses the pain points we've heard from our customers. We are confident that our system will continue to improve dramatically. We hope you'll stick around to see the progress.

Armond from Zizzi lounge inc

The worst cuatomer service

Very very bad.

Pros

Always someone answer it in india They always take the notes of problem and promiss someo e will call you. Nobody ever calls

Cons

I had 3 different tickets of issues with lavu one was about chipreaders that they send it and themselve couldnot activate it. all i got was that someone will call me soon and after 2 months all i had was excuses and the person who was supposed to call never did. Now they are saying that i cant return the items because it passed the 3p days even though it was never ooend or used. The raise the price without letting me know or get my approval ( apparently they send an email whicb is proabably still in my spam folder ) and charge my auto pay 5 times more than what originally were supposed to do. After i complain the shut down the system and refuse to give me the information i needed to do payroll and tip calculation. The worst pos company. Do not buy this junk

Response from Lavu

Replied January 2020

Armond, we are very sorry to hear about the issues you are having. We strive to have the best customer service and provide a great experience for all of our users. Please reach out to our support team at at 855-528-8457 and one of our team members will be glad to help you out with any issues that you are having.

Colleen from Grand View Cafe and RV Park

Alaska Businesses Beware

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Pros

I like the iPads to send tickets to the cook and track sales

Cons

After two years of using the POS system, they still have not corrected the payroll setting s for OT as per Alaska Law. It has been reported over and over again for 2 years, yet we continue to receive automated msgs that they are working to resolve the issue. If you own a business in Alaska, I can guarantee that you are paying too much in OT . If you are an Alaskan owner relying on a manager to trust your payroll settings you had better check this yourself.

Response from Lavu

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing frustration. Your review has been shared with our product team to make sure they are aware of the ongoing issue. We value you as a customer and will do our best to resolve the problem. The Lavu Team.

Doug from Signatures DeliCafe

September 2015

I am very glad we use this software.

Pros

I have been a Lavu customer for over 16 months. The system is fantastic. We used to use Aloha. I have been able to cut my employee costs and increase customer satisfaction.

Cons

Not answering calls and having to wait for them to call back. While they did that very quickly for the most part, I sure do like when they answer. They have been working to make that happen.

Jet from Japanese sushi and hibachi

A value buy

This product works very well for me and gives me a great value at the price point of the equipment.

Pros

It is very customizable. I'm a midsize family business and the cost really hits the sweet spot. The fact that they use apple only products forces me to pay a premium price for the hardware but I know that the equipment will retain its value. They always end up answering my questions even if it takes a while but I can make changes and check the numbers instantly.

Cons

This product does need to be used with a fast internet set up. My set up is 75/75 so it's quite fast. I have no problems with it working and can make changes anywhere but I'm tech savvy and I do suggest an additional purchase of a laptop if you do not have one to do in depth tracking and editing.

Mark from Gather Cafe & Coffee House

Industry: Restaurants

Solid product with exceptional online support response time

We have a small coffee house and cafe open for breakfast & lunch. LAVU system is perfect for our needs. Extremely easy to navigate for both service staff and back office. Handhelds are easy and super convenient for guests and servers. Minor issues with some of the hardware and wishing they had more easily customizable reports. But I will say that they have been very receptive about creating new reports.

Pros

Easy to navigate for both service staff & back office.

Cons

Reports are lacking.

Jason from keo ku inc

Generally Satisfied, no Major Issues

I like your service in general. No serious issues.

Pros

I like all the options that you see and change yourself on the backend from the internet. General usability is also pretty easy and straight forward.

Cons

Not many cons. Some functions like splitting checks seem to be a bit complicated for some of our waitresses. The more intricate features, which is to be suspected I suppose. We have also had some problems with customer service in the past, one person telling us it's the credit card merchant and them telling us to call you, very complicated and a pain in the ass. Your customer service reps need to know what they are talking about.

Josef from Real Estate

Easy POS without backup.

A simple system, but not for areas with semi frequent internet outages.

Pros

Lavu is a very cost effective and easy to setup POS system on the market. From a server interface it was clear and logical.

Cons

The biggest problem with this system is what happens when the WiFi goes down. It has trouble sending tickets and will not store credit card information for later processing.

Hollis from Uncle Johnny's

October 2015

Keep up the good work Lavu.

Pros

Lavu is a great POS system at an affordable price, systems like the one I have would have cost me double or triple of what I paid. Inventory, hourly sales, employee time, the list goes on and on of what it’s capable of doing Their team at Lavu are always improving on there operation system it almost seems monthly.

Cons

It would be nice if it were available on Android tablets.

Jurij from Spiral-Ice

I had an overall excellent experience with Lavu, especially with Jessica Schell

control over my business especially financial over view as to what we are doing and where the business is going.

Pros

Its easy to use, very user friendly and the good thing is you get a accustomed to the system really face. Definitely a software I would recommend to any start up business and big business that is in the food and beverage industry.

Cons

I was not happy so see that the printer options limit you to use only Epson. Not being able to get an Epson, I use a Bixolon, which is provided in the drop down menu but no options what so ever. Having had said that I am not able to add my logo on the receipts since i can´t configure this within the Lavu software I have no option as to leave the receipt without logo!!

September 2016

Brian from Keo Ku Jang Restaurant

September 2016

Excellent POS! Very powerful and helpful for any restaurant

Pros

Very high praise for the technical software end as well and the customer support which tries to attend to all issues in a timely manner. The software is very powerful and efficient once you learn how to use it properly. The price was one of the biggest selling factors.

Cons

Nothing much to not like thus far! Some things did take some learning to use or at least had to make a call to figure out how to do things such as splitting checks, or processing credit cards. But once up and running everything works very well and discovering that I am trying to live up to this pos' .

Lauren from Bistro

Industry: Restaurants

Lavu very helpful with bistro service

Our bistro started using Lavu before I arrived, and when I was training it was very helpful to be able to see pictures of dishes I was ringing in. While there are some printer issues sometimes, the interface is great (very straightforward). You can even send directions for delivery orders when taking an order over the phone!

Pros

The pictures are so handy for standard menu items. Obviously if we are running specials we don't have pictures of those items, but for those who are more visual this is very helpful. Also helps train new staff on what each plate looks like.

Cons

Sometimes there are a lot of connectivity issues, especially with multiple printers (kitchen/bar/etc.)

Rick from David's Catfish House

Industry: Restaurants

Don't buy this product if you want to use it on a Friday or Saturday night

They have a bandwidth issue that has been going on for six months. Every Friday night it crashes at least once. Anytime it gets busy they are guaranteed to have cloud issues. Nice product but it is more than useless at this time. It is a business killer!

Pros

Ease of use, I like the look and feel when it works. We have 15 iPad's or tablets.

Cons

It is constantly crashing during our busiest times.

Response from Lavu

Replied August 2019

Rick, thank you for the review, we appreciate it. We are aware of the performance issues and have been working diligently to strengthen our platform. Our latest release addresses these pain points and offline mode is coming out later this month. We are confident you will be happy with the changes we've made and look forward to earning back your trust.

Carey from Terrace 390

October 2015

A truly innovative piece of software.

Pros

Our restaurant uses Lavu's product which has a very attractive and friendly/easy-to-use interface that amazes our customers. Lavu's WiFi based system increases workflow and efficiency and most certainly has the "WOW' factor. If you are looking to be ahead of curve, look no further than POSLavu!

Cons

To get the most out of this system you need very reliable and fast internet.

Dana from Topaz

Industry: Restaurants

Great, when it works (which is seldom does anymore)

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, competitive pricing.

Cons

For three weeks in a row it has stopped working during peak hours on weekends. Customer service is a voice mail saying "we know there is a problem. This has become more of a sales organization than a tech and service one. Just horrible. Ruining our business. Stressing us out.

Reasons for Choosing Lavu iPad POS

Ease of use and perceived reliability and decent pricing

John from Gecko Parks, LLC

VERY BAD COMPANY!!!

Their technology group is so unequipped to do the most simple tasks. They do not follow up on cannot complete a task and the system is unreliable.

Pros

NONE, There is absolutely nothing to say. I can only put a negative review of this company and my company has suffered from their negligence.

Cons

I could write a book on how bad this system and management is and how they do not care about there customers. Support team and the CEO are scammers and just unethical. This company has cost me tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of man-hours. Please avoid!

Lianne from St. Martha's

Industry: Restaurants

Other than software issues we like it a lot.

Pros

Set up is easy and logical, et is easy to use and does what we need it to do...and excellent customer support.

Cons

Sometimes you can be on hold for a really long time...have tried the call back option but didn`t get a call back...

Lauren from Restaurants

Constant Interruptions

I enjoy the reports and the admin website.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the reporting system is great.

Cons

We have constant interruptions including but not limited to: data parse errors with the credit card processing company, iPads going down, the admin website going down, drawers locking up and printers going offline, etc. The customer service is mediocre when you can actually reach someone. Don't bother calling in for help, they don't answer the phone.

Julie from Giau Bar n Bites

Worst customer service

Do not even bother!

Pros

Easy to adjust and change things. Ability to access tabs on cell phone. Nothing else to say...

Cons

Raised their service fee twice in several years. Lots of glitches over the years. Sales team always available but always have to leave message for billing and customer support.

Scott from Rockin Robyn's

Industry: Restaurants

Not a bad system, not a great system

It's a very nice system. Easy to use and a better cost than others. It needs a lot of work providing more flexibility in changing features that your place might need more than another.

Pros

The front end interface for the servers is great. It makes order taking simple and organized. And prints out very nicely for the kitchen

Cons

The flexibility in the printable reports at the restaurant just isn't there. It's built too one way and not able to be customized for a different company

TJ from Martino's

Industry: Restaurants

Worst customer service and up time

I deal with approx. 45 vendors for my business. Lavu is by far the worst one when it comes to customer service and issue resolution. I will never recommend this app.

Pros

Pros: Nothing worst writing about. Always been a problem

Cons

Cons: Customer support and the amount of time the system is down.

Katie from Early Bird

Lavu makes it easier!

As a restaurant that focuses on local ingredients with constantly changing specials, the image option for ordering in Lavu is important for servers and cooks to be on the same page. When you have lots of brunch items as specials, sometimes everything looks the same under Hollandaise sauce!

Pros

Easy to split a check

Cons

Sometimes when we have bad weather the connectivity has issues. But that's not just the POS (cell phones, television, etc.) so you just need to be careful in those situations.

Jordan from Hug-Hes Cafe

The software is great and the customer support is amazing

Pros

I love that it's cloud based and reliable. We had been using a pos that had a "brain" and it was really frustrating how easy the system would completely go down

Cons

I wish it had a device like the clover flex. It's a device that the server can take to the table take the customers order, take credit card payment right there and print the receipt without having to leave the table. All in one device

David from Dick Blomster's Korean Diner

This is a great system.

New employees have no problem using it right away. Very intuitive. It makes other super expensive systems like micros and aloha dinosaurs. I had a couple of issues at the beginning but all were easily resolved. Technical support has been great too. I love the backend real time reports and how easy it was to set up and change menu items. My servers are also very happy with poslavu and they love taking orders on iphones. I don't understand any of the bad reviews, I believe the issues must be user error not the system itself. POSLavu is releasing updates all the time and I'm excited to see what else I'll be able to do in the future. I believe this is a great company who is dedicated to improving an already great pos system. I do recommend getting a Mac mini local server.

Steve from Village Vintner Winery

DO NOT BUY

BESIDES MY COMMENT ABOVE, THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS WORTHLESS AS IS THEIR SALES PEOPLE AND EVEN UPPER MANAGEMENT.. THEY LIED TO US A NUMBER OF TIMES OVER 2-YEARS CLAIMING THE UPGRADE WAS COMING. WE BOUGHT LAVU ONLY BECAUSE OF THE INTEGRATION WITH A 3RD PARTY. WE ALREADY HAD A POS SYSTEM BUT NEEDED THE 3RD PARTY INTEGRATION FOR OUR RESTAURANT. THEY SHIPPED US ALL THE EQUIPMENT WHICH WAS NEVER OPENED BUT THEY WILL NOT TAKE IT BACK. EVEN THE 3RD PARTY VENDOR SAYS THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO DEAL WITH. NO ONE IN UPPER MANAGEMENT WILL CALL US. OUR ATTORNEY CAN'T GET ANY RETURN CALLS. THEY ARE WORTHLESS, DON'T TRUST A WORD THEY TELL YOU.

Pros

NOTHING. WAS SOLD BASED ON FEATURES TO COME BUT AFTER 2-YEARS, THE FEATURES WE WAITED ON STILL ISN'T PROGRAMED

Cons

CAN'T COMMENT BECAUSE WE NEVER INSTALLED IT. WE WAITED 2-YEARS FOR A 3RD PARTY INTEGRATION AND STILL HASN'T HAPPENED.

Tommy from Tommy v’s pastaria

Fast and easy

Pros

Organized and clean lay out that is easy to use . Reports are easily accessed and very thouro . The employee time card is great

Cons

This is my first pos system so I don’t have a lot to compare it too. I wanted something easy to use because I’m dumb and this is very easy to figure out. I guess the only thing I don’t like is paying the monthly bill .