All Mad Mobile Restaurant POS Reviews

Ed

Affordable, Effective, and easy to use POS System

I got an affordable, and effective solution for my POS system needs. We all have found the menus and programming to be easy

Pros

The price is the most attractive feature, as well as the ease of use. The flexible and affordable monthly payments are nice too.

Cons

Can't use terminal when someone is using the manager functions on other terminal. There are some short delays in running reports at times.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thanks for your review, Ed! We are happy to hear that you are finding a lot of value and ease of use with your CAKE Point of Sale. We appreciate your feedback, I will pass this on to our Product Team. I know we are working on making a few improvements to reporting that will be coming out soon.

Replied July 2018

Braden

Who Doesn't LOVE CAKE?

The data that CAKE provides me is incredibly valuable to our business. We love it!

Pros

We don't spend any time on training new team members to use our POS System (CAKE). Seriously, it's so easy we show them a few features and they are running it like a pro on day one. That in it's self has saved us a ton of payroll we use to spend on training. From a ownership perspective, we have four locations and I'm able to track them from my central office, Wonderful!

Cons

Negatives only fall on one piece of the equipment. The cash drawer and the insert in it are not built for the type of abuse they can take in some operations. I wish there was an option to purchase extra drawer inserts. There are no other negatives about CAKE.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Cake seemed to have a more durable product. The biggest reason was....When I spoke with all the sales staff from the different companies the CAKE representatives were the only ones that never talked negatively about their competitors. That let me know they didn't need to degrade the other guys, they had faith in the system they were selling. I now have the same faith in CAKE.

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

To provide my customers a better more efficient experience and to allow our team members an easy to use system that we as owners could easily track.

Vangjel

If you don't want features that will help your restaurant grow this is it.

Benefits - very few, its a processing and pos basic. Issues - many, but do get resolved. Features - literally almost nothing. you get basic reporting. We switched to Toast.

Pros

Its useful that this POS offers 3 party features to install, to bad you gotta pay of them. Reports are easy to understand, what comes in and what your taxes are. Easy point of sale to use for your staff.

Cons

Alright after 2+ years of using Cake here it is for you guys. 1. On the phone with customer service probably 4 - 6 times a month. This is from reporting / dashboard issues, POS issues. Reporting issues: about 2 times a month we have to call about some kind of labor reporting issue and takes the engineers around 1 to 4 days to fix. Note - same issue occurs, another day or so for engineers to fix. Dozens of times we will be on the phone with a customer service rep, and both them and I will be having issues loading the reports to examine them. One time we were literally both waiting over 25 minutes for it to load. As a restaurant one of the best reports you could have is when the system literally tells you the cost of EVERYTHING. Ya, you won't be getting this with cake. Sure, you can add the cost of a single item to you (why even have this feature if it doesn't deduct it for you) but it wont deduct it for you at the end of the day. You'll have to do this on your own to figure out what it actually cost you. Cake takes into account on recommendation that their customers give them, I think and thats at least what they say except their features are almost non-existent. No marketing, No rewards, very basic reporting. Their hardware is super expensive, our kitchen printer stopped working and they quoted us like $450, I found it on amazon for $115. Just remember the 2.50% + $.10 a swipe, will actually really be costing you 3.50%. I could go on but I'm limited on characte

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

At the time they seemed to be the best fit for us, and worked pretty well for the time being.

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Better feature, hardly more expensive. Seems to be more restaurant oriented.

Jojo

Must have “POS”

Overall Cake is head and shoulders above the rest! If you are thinking of going with Harb.rt.uch think again!!! Cake will put all other systems to bed!!

Pros

The system is extremely easy to operate and customize

Cons

Everything seems to be exactly how it should be

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

The cost plus simplicity of the product along with the diversity made the decision extremely easy!!! Oh now I get to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!! If you and your team can’t figure something out she will!!!

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Processing fees, per swipe fees, monthly fees, cost of product free.... not free.... etc! Cake has saved me $875+ Month after month

Kevin

CAKE is simply the BEST

A++++++++++++++++++ System and customer service!!!

Pros

The accessibility, functionality, storage and speed of the system in general. THE SEARCH BAR OMG!!!!

Cons

The chip readers inconsistency. The inability to be able split items more than 1 in a time.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Everything said in the comments before

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Honestly... The tipping point was the card fee. But since then it has been awesome. Why we are staying put!!!

Matthew

February 2022

We’ve used Cake for 2 years now

It’s been very good overall. Great customer service.

Pros

It’s user friendly. Once my employees use it for a couple hours they pick it right up.

Cons

We were unable to set up our online ordering from the table. There were too many steps for the clients to take.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Our food purveyor Sysco set us up with cake.

It was too slow

Jodine

Best System Yet!

The rep, our contact person at Cake, is AWESOME!!! :)

Pros

User-friendly, love that we can make changes off-site, looking forward to using their Guest Manager program and online ordering!

Cons

We wish the pizza part of their system was easier to use. Half & Half pizzas are almost 50% of our orders, and it is not the easiest to enter on this current version. The only think we liked better with one of our former systems, is that it showed an actual picture of a pizza and we could click and drag toppings from one side to the other. Much easier and better visually. We are hoping Cake implements this in the future. :) (Hope that helps).

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Strictly on our referral. We never tried Toast. And, we primarily use Sysco, who is the food vendor who supports Cake.

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Referral from another restaurant owner, and I actually used their system before making the decision to switch.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Best System Yet? Thank you for your kind words Jodine! Glad to see that you are using Guest Manager and Online Ordering.

Replied January 2020

Tommy

Cake POS

Very user friendly

Pros

I love the fact that I have a POS system and I do not have to have a separate CC processing

Cons

Really haven't had any bad problems. We normally call support and it is handled quickly

Wanted something different

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Changed locations and my Sysco rep told me about it

Amy

You won't regret this business partnership!

Very impressed with everything - the hardware, software and team of staff have all been great

Pros

We went thru a total of 7 product demos before selecting CAKE. Hands down was the most inclusive and best reporting features for our Bar / Restaurant / Bowling Alley. The couple times I have had questions, I've had great support and resolution very quickly. I'm not a tech person, and this was a super easy install and implementation for me to do with the rep over the phone. My menu build was very quick and the questions I have had since original upload have been answered quickly.

Cons

The only issue I have had is occasionally something will disappear that I know I have added as a modifier. Unsure if its a glitch, but it's been so minor that we haven't been inconvenienced at all.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Overall had the best fit for reporting and user friendliness. Customer Service and our demo were what put everything over the top

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Purchased the business and knew we needed a better system for accounting and order flow.

Roman

August 2022

Started out as a great solution but something has changed

Started out great but the recent missed credit card deposits are alarming and there seems to be a breakdown in communication internally. Might be the transition over to madmobile but something is going on. As a business owner shopping for a POS solution, I would give this time to see where this goes before jumping in. I'm in the process of shopping for a possible new solution.

Pros

Very easy to use and robust. Great reporting and features.

Cons

We are experiencing multiple instances of our credit card deposits not depositing on the days that they are contracted to deposit from Cake and it has impacted payments to vendors and payroll. There almost seems to be an disconnect between support and understanding the very real problem that this presents to a small businesses.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

At the time, really liked the ease of use and how robust the software is.

Carmelle

Industry: Restaurants

Great Software! Great Support!! Great System!!!

The efficiency for the staff, which is HUGE!! We are a Family Restaurant, that worked with Carbon Guest checks. We would take an order at the table and run it back to the kitchen, and then move on to the next table. Now, because we use the IPads to take the order, we can go from table to table to take the order, while we are doing that we can have the coffee pot with us, and on the way back to the wait station, we can be carrying our pot, and cleaning tables, as well. All of this, while the cooks are working on the orders. We were able to get rid of one extra body during the week because of this efficiency. ALSO because of this system, everyone is charged the same, there is no more "guessing" how much the item costs because we are busy and don't have time to look, all of the sauces are getting charged for, and the amount of "forgetting to add it to the bill" charges are low. This system is a win, win. I just cannot say enough about it.

Pros

This system has Easy to add & Change Menu Items, which works awesome for our daily specials. It is VERY user friendly & Easy to train any age group. This system works great for reports, menu items such as what you are or are not selling, payroll, ect. I am so glad we chose this System!!

Cons

Cannot adjust the pricing after the order has been sent back to the Kitchen. I also wish there were some things you could have print in a different color that goes back to the kitchen. Our ribbons are red and black, but the printer only prints black. I also wish, there was a different way to have the orders print to the kitchen, but we are working through some of those issues. The cooks have to remember that they have to learn a different way to read the tickets as well. There are a couple of other things, but actually they are being implemented in the near future.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Carmelle for taking the time to give CAKE such a thorough and glowing review! CAKE Point of Sale does not allow for pricing modification after an order has been placed. We did this to keep cash totals consistent in your inventory - so everything adds up at the end of the day. We hear your requests for different colored ink on your tickets and early this summer we have an update coming out that will allow you to print modifiers in red. Thank you for trusting the Copper Penny Family Restaurant to CAKE Point of Sale, working together just makes cents!

Replied April 2018

Cake promises undelivered

While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

Pros

The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

Cons

There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Cost of credit card processing

Reasons for switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Cost of equipment and credit card fees.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review. First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it. With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused. We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators. As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks. university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0 Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

Replied January 2020

Zick

July 2016

They Give You Choices....Who Doesn't Like Choices?

The highest grade i will ever give a POS system is a 9/10 because there is always something new and innovative that you will be chasing, no matter which system you have. Therefore there is no '10' system. These guys got the 9. They have a nice system, but what i like best, is that they survey their CURRENT customers to find out what they can do better, then make it better. And they give you choices.....who doesn't like choices?!

Pros

Look: Unlike many of the Micros and Aloha-type companies out there, the machine looks modern and even futuristic with the customer touch screen. We demo'd with Revel and their multi-screen set up looks out of place and almost alien-like. What is that? Ease of Use: It has many features that make training a breeze. Training mode, quick search bar for menu items, global modifiers, etc. The screen is organized, and not cluttered with a bazillion different colors like a fireworks display. i always hated that with other systems. Price: They give you what you NEED, whether it is included with the system or a 3rd party add on. This helps keep the cost down for folks like me who don't need a robust inventory system or scheduling software....if i did need it, I could add that on. They don't include, and charge you for everything, when you may not use everything. Sysco: How can you not feel comfortable doing business with a POS company owned by this food distribution giant? This was part of why we went with them.

Cons

i must say, the name sounds a bit silly, but does Apple sell Apples? The Support was a bit shaky for a minute but i was told they just added an additional Support department in Texas. Since then, it has been great! I would like to see more from their loyalty program. Support told me this is being upgraded and will be included in an upcoming software update!

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Zick for your thorough and clear enthusiasm for CAKE! We're thrilled to have stood out among so many great options in the POS marketplace, and we'll continue to improve our POS based on what our customers want.

Replied January 2018

LYNN

POS

Overall, we love this product, especially the support we get from the friendly staff. Anytime we have an issues, we call and it gets fixed. We have also been able to troubleshoot and fix items ourselves numerous times. It's an easy system and we recommend it.

Pros

Our customers love their screen. They like that they can see their order. It's easy to read and understand. We love that we can use the system from home on the laptop and not just in the shop. I make changes to the menu mostly from home. I love having the itemized close cash receipt every day. I love all the reports that I get for tracking my business.

Cons

I don't like that all the buttons are the same color. It makes it very difficult to find buttons in a hurry when you have 40 different syrup flavors and 34 different teas. We need colored buttons that we can use as groups, for example, I could make all our sugar free syrups green and all the syrups that start with an A, blue, etc... It helps your eyes to find things quicker. It is really stressful for new employees to find buttons when training and the customer is standing there staring at you. It's better as a trained employee, but it would save us time at the machine when we could be making their order. Colored buttons are highly needed. Also, ever since the last software update that affected us directly, it is harder for me to add new products to the menu and put them in the right place. I can't put my finger on what changed, but i have trouble adding new products under existing categories. They come out as new buttons on the main screen. Not sure how to fix that.

Reasons for choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Price. It was cheaper than the Quickbooks, although looking back, we might have purchased the Quickbooks product instead so that we could track our business expenses better. But we are very happy with this product. The monthly fees for Quickbooks was more, but you got the Quickbooks with it. The hardware was more expensive and their cut of our product was more.

Joseph

Industry: Restaurants

Very happy overall with the Cake System.

decreased ticket times, no more pocketed tickets, better overall customer satisfaction.

Pros

Our main problem before CAKE was time. It was taking too much time for servers to get something written on paper and get back to the POS to put everything in. If the internet was down everything was down so we wanted something cloud based so we could continue with transactions even if the internet had problems. CAKE meets all the needs we were looking for. We've got a much faster turnover rate on being able to get orders in and back to kitchen and out to the table, and we can continue taking orders even without internet, which have both helped with revenue. We also like using the guest manager system so when we run out of tables we can get numbers and page when tables open up which was an added benefit. I can also do things on the fly like change the menu even when I'm not on the restaurant, someone just gives me a call and I can add it from my personal laptop and it goes directly to the POS system, which has been really helpful as well.

Cons

Touch screen interaction is not instant. There is a half second lag in some of the menu screens. It may not sound like much, but anyone in the restaurant industry knows that every single second counts during the lunch rush. This lag also includes certain unnecessary animations between certain screens. Certain features such as an on the fly print button from the table layout screen would decrease our table times. The Split screen is very counter-productive compared to other systems.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

We're so happy to hear Cafe at the Gardens is running efficiently and profitably since switching to CAKE! But we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing a touch screen lag. If you haven't already done so, we advise contacting support@trycake.com for further investigation. We have brought this to the attention of our Product team in the meantime. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!

Replied January 2018