• Pros

• "The customer service team is amazing! They are always so responsive and also push for new features based on feedback! They really listen and I love working with team! "

• "I liked that it is WebBased and I can access it where ever I am at. The ease of use is great and I have been recommending it. I am exited to see the new Menu feature. "

• "Easy to organize daily operation, all orders are sent through Marketman. Easy to upload invoices. Cost food out as well able to keep up with price increase "

• Cons

• "minor technical difficulties. but nothing that customer support couldn't fix"

• "Some functionalities are not as intuitive or easy, such as managing and linking categories from the till system to products on marketman"

• "Software doesnt always import to quickbooks. It took forever to get our Sysco account to work properly. COGS report should have snapshot view."

Browse MarketMan Reviews

Phillip from GRK FRESH GREEK

GREAT OPERATIONAL CONTROL PROGRAM

Pros

- FULL INTERFACE WITH OUR POS - EASY TO USE, RELIABLE REPORTS - THEORETICAL VS ACTUAL REPORT ALLOWS TARGETED RESPONSES TO COSTING ISSUES - PURCHASING CONTROL - REDUCES LABOUR COST

Cons

MINOR ISSUES ONLY - ALTHOUGH EASY TO USE, THE LEARNING CURVE REQUIRES A SIGNIFICANT TIME INVESTMENT - OUR POS DOES NOT FULLY INTERACT WITH THE PROGRAM TO OUR SATISFACTION

Reasons for Choosing MarketMan

I BELIEVED MARKET MAN WOULD BE MUCH EASIER TO IMPLEMENT, WOULD REQUIRE LESS TRAINING AND BE MORE TARGETED TO HELPING US IMPROVE ALL OUR COGS.

Nicola from Restaurants

Consistently improving itself

Pros

Ease of use - very intuitive Customer service - quickest ever Very detailed reports Best value for money Can integrate with multiple POS (virtually any if done manually ) Commissary Kitchen features Cook book option

Cons

Not having a product for the front end (POS) otherwise, no Cons.

Reasons for Choosing MarketMan

Ease of use and value for money

Erik from Baked NYC

Attentive but flawed technology

Pros

Accurate food costs. Ability to reconcile invoices. Ability to order through the software. Works throughout my company.

Melissa from Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group

Industry: Restaurants

One platform, so many functions

We have finally found a platform that meets all our needs, and the recipe costing feature syncing with our POS system is really worth it. So happy we chose MarketMan!

Pros

I am most happy that the price of an ingredient carries through all functions from ordering, receiving invoices and payment, recipe costing, and inventory. The accuracy of this data has been a huge time-saver for the restaurant group, and we have a better idea of how profitable we are day-to day.

Cons

Getting all the items and sub-recipes loaded into the system can be a bit time-consuming up front. Worth it in the end though.

Maria from Green Table

5 stars Inventory App

Before MM my inventory was really bad and once I discover this app everything felt into pieces. Good training team, they answer all my questions really fast and scheduling a web training with them is really easy and fast.

Pros

Easy to use, placing order really fast with the phone app, best Inventory count system, best up to date inventory control (literally just a click away), time saving when it comes to invoicing (once the order is placed from MM, it's just a click away to transform it into an invoice), integrate with Quickbooks and Revel, cookbooks and multiple measurement units. The best customer service and the training team.

Cons

When integrating with my Revel system, if I change the name of an item, in MM it will appear as a new item and it's hard to follow older reports since the date is not consistent.

Reasons for Choosing MarketMan

Revel was really hard to use for Inventory.

Rodney from Sugarcane raw bar grill

Great product

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it freezes but had to do with our location

User friendly

Nick from Petri's Pour House

Petri's Pour House Review

With Marketman I can easily see what my estimated costs are and then what they actually are. Every penny counts in this industry and this helps raise (or lower) menu items.

Pros

Versatility, keeps track of everything, not just one supplier. Orders are a snap, and receiving them is easier still

Cons

I would like to have more access to the database. I have some reports that i would like to run, that are not available. Like checking certain menu items per percent of cost and then those that are above a certain percentage. Other than that program works great.

Gerard from Wrapsody Investments Ltd. t/a WrapWorks Deli

Efficient cost control for the Entrepreneur

Pros

MarketMan allows me to get food costs, pricing trends, even tax credits at the tip of my fingers and what's best is that it integrates with my Point of Sale and Accounting software so I don't even have to worry about those steps.

Cons

As with any other software, there are some limitations to what can be done, however, MarketMan team are ALWAYS there to support and provide a solution. Already I've recommended MarketMan to another colleague and it has changed the way he does business.

Ken from TRUTH. Coffee Roasting

Although overall MarketMan has helped our business it has also been disappointing in its failures.

It has helped us reduce our cost of sale across both food & beverage and make our business more profitable. It allows us to monitor stock levels daily.

Pros

The fact that it is cloud based and is able to give us live results. The integration with iKentoo PoS and Xero (even though this has been problematic for months).

Cons

The very poor smartphone app - forces us to use laptops for stock counting etc. The poor response time to errors in the system - developers have taken months and to date issues are still not resolved.

Anil from The grounds of Alexandria

Great software

This software is helping our business with all our orderings, track privious orders and keep record of your spending. On top of that, having all suppliers in one platform is very handy.

Pros

One platform to have all the suppliers together and easy to order/track your needs.

Cons

Nothing so far.

Andrew from River Valley Co-Op

User Friendly Inventory Management :)

This allowed us to more easily see price problems. We can now easily check margins on items, and get up to date pricing on all of our items. It has made our inventory process much less intimidating, both speeding up the process, and making us feel confident that our count was accurately costed.

Pros

After struggling to use other programs for months, I happily found Marketman. This is the only program I have found that is cloud based, really does speed up the inventory counting process, and is also very user friendly. We have multiple people that log in to our account to check prices and enter recipes, so it was important for it to be easy to access and navigate. It was also important for us to be able to enter in inventory while counting, and to potentially have multiple people do it at once. Finally I like the ease of downloading anything you need. Whether its an old invoice, inventory report, or any other report you can easily download and print anything you have entered.

Cons

The one thing I wish it had was conversions for recipe entering. Unless you have the same unit of measuring as it is received in, you will likely have to do some converting to type up your recipes. Cheftech allows you to enter in other units of measurement (ex 1 cup flour=4.5oz) so you can now type up recipes using cup measurements rather than all weights etc.

A good all around system

The integrated sales/inventory/ordering part of this system is greatly beneficial to our operation, allowing us to compare actual to theoretical costs. It also has greatly sped up the inventory taking/entering process, once the initial set up is done.

Pros

This system is very easy to use and navigate. I have been able to pick up the functions without "formal" training by Marketman. Ordering and invoice entry are easy and quickly accomplished. The iPad capability helps ordering from shelf to order. The inventory system is easy to use and calculates COGS as well as profitability. One of the best parts about this system is not the program, but the support that comes with it. Whenever I contact them about questions, they are either able to immediately respond or they get back to you within 24 hours.

Cons

The system works well, but when someone else has set it up, it can be difficult to find your way about the items in the program. It is also quite difficult to change UOM for items once they are set up and sometimes it is simply easier to make a new entry and delete the old one.

edward from erewhon

Overall functionality is fantastic really love the detail the system gives!

usage reports ! pricing reports! financials ! and overall quality control on what items come into our stores!

Pros

I love the ease of getting all my stores inline when it comes to the products i decided to bring. The amount of time and work it takes to make a change from one brand to another happens in minutes. I love that im notified daily when there are price dependencies! at the end of the day we should always what on prices we agree on Market Man really brings that into light with the irregular price feature.

Cons

The only thing i dont like is the desktop version of market man its really tough to make changes in terms on turning items on and off for orders if this feature was available through the app for administrators that would be great!

Our best tool to manager our food and beverage cost !

With MarketMan, we are able to monitor our Food and Beverage cost weekly to adapt our purchasing. It is also a great tool to negotiate best rates with our suppliers.

Pros

Easy to use and to understand for our team / Full of reports really useful / Making orders is easy and really flexible for our supplier / MarketMan Team is constantly listening and improving the software.

Cons

No way to manage internal transfer : transferring (in a simple way) a bottle of wine from our bar to our kitchen is impossible. No acces of all our product on their mobile : would be really useful when speaking with a supplier outside of the restaurant

Joseph from Brine

Best bang for the buck

Pros

Marketman has a beautiful user interface with robust reporting that allows granular tracking at an item level. The support team has a very solid understanding of food costing which also makes using the program that much easier. Personally, I am a huge advocate of doing one thing and doing it right. Marketman Does inventory and food cost controlling extremely well.

Cons

It would be nice if integrations took a little less digging on the restaurant side. It would be very helpful if there was the ability for a restaurant to build a custom item level report similar to the Cost of Goods report in which we could put specific items i.e chicken and get a set ALL day/week/month usage.

Simon from Urban Guild

MarketMan - Solving a gap in the market

We've used it for a couple of years now, due to operational issues we've put it down and picked back up again when we can, now we're focusing on it's full capability again and hope to keep the momentum.

Pros

It's pretty straightforward, there's some terminology that's confusing, but that's appropriate to the tasks in hand. It's pretty straightforward to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't do what I need it to do al the time, the iPad app is good, but lacks some of the important desktop functionality. Again, that's the beauty of an iPad though I having a quick function on tasks.

Ray from The Tavern at Rock Springs Ridge

The new scanning inventory system is amazing. Saves hours of time

Inventory control and menu management is key to our business and this software has created a key asset to our company

Pros

Inventory , based on orders make it easy to find issues with personnel stealing product. By having a system to scan invoices makes it much easier to keep inventory control

Cons

I can't find an issue with the system currently . that is because when I have a request it is usually filled

Mark from Jerry's

Elegantly designed software

Pros

This is very elegant, easy to use software, and they are actively maintaining and improving it. Still behind other softwares in terms of 3rd party interfaces, but they seem to be actively working on upgrades. Service is outstanding.

Cons

They aspire to significantly raising the cost of the software, raising prices and charging for upgrades a la carte rather than adding value, so software may be more expensive than competitors.

Caleb from MAMBO ITALIA

After using SAP for 4yrs, I came to use Marketman with a lean, effective & efficient functionality

Pros

Flexibility and accessibility being powered by online resources, actual vs theoretical is also very crucial in analyzing stocks. invoice scanning to receive, cookbook is also vibrant to use.

Cons

mobile App not having full functions, combining two or more items that are attached as menu items is not possible. I need the incoming orders printable with order numbers also,

Verena from Spiritland

Simply Smashing

We have managed to finding glaring gaps in our recipes and formula.

Pros

Over all the system lacks a clumsiness which is present on a lot of F and B programmes. It is easy to track inventory And the statistical representations are presented in many different ways (info graphics, excel ) etc. There is something for everyone’s brains to be able to digest!

Cons

I found building the inventory difficult and that there doesn’t seem to be an option to link more than one product to multiple suppliers.

Maria from Green Table

Solved my Inventory Issues and easy to use

Pros

It's saving me a lot of time and I don't have to use the excel sheet in order to make the Inventory, user friendly and no cost for extra users, I can place the orders form the system and that's saving me time when I actually have to insert the Invoices in the system, price change notification and credit notification.

Cons

I don 't like the fact that when I change something in my POS system, for example if I modify only the name of an item in Revel, MarketMan is creating me a new Item.

Jennifer from Verde

Marketman

Pros

Cons

Sometimes there are little nuances you have to remember and duplicating things amongst multiple locations or items can be time consuming.

eber from Erewhon Natural Food Market

Pros

Easy use, great when looking for past orders, invoices and inventory.

Cons

minor technical difficulties. but nothing that customer support couldn't fix

Edgar Allan from Wok to walk

Loading process

Overall satisfied user

Pros

Its very convinient and structural. Always updated and accurate

Cons

Loading process kinda slow and sometimes lag.

Juan Pablo from Vida Fit

It solved the problems I was having with stock control

Stock and recipe control

Pros

Cons

I wish I could calculate the value of my stock at any given point in time. I also would like for the costs of goods sold would take into consideration the value of stock. The app functionalities should also be more broad.

August 2016

Eddie from 344 Restaurant Group

August 2016

Best in class Restaurant Management Platform

My MarketMan experience has been a great one thus far. As the General Manager of a NYC based restaurant and bar, being able to effectively manage my inventory, ordering, and suppliers is a full time job. MarketMan makes my life easier on a daily basis. In my opinion, its the best restaurant management platform because it not only assists with inventory management, food costing, and supply ordering, but makes my entire operation more efficient and streamlined. I'm now able to plan and budget menu items, ingredients and preparations, keep track of my inventory and orders in real time, and view detailed reports about almost every aspect of my business.

Pros

The POS and quickbooks integrations make keeping track of sales stats as they relate to inventory very easy. The customer service team was quick and professional with getting my business set up and started. The food costing/price optimization tools have lead to a noticeable and meaningful cut in expenses since implementation. The inventory management (real time availability, par levels, easy ordering) features are fan favorites of my chef and kitchen manager.

Gede from The savage kitchen bali

Industry: Restaurants

Food and beverages need this!!

Accurately COGS report.

Pros

Marketman is really helpful for inventory product, cost controlling and revenue analyze.

Cons

You need really - really count all recipe accurately ml by ml.

Luke from Boba Tea Company

Overall a great program for keeping track of inventory.

Ease of counting and keeping track of all our inventory.

Pros

The simplicity of it. I think its really self explanatory and if you just keep using the program itself you will have a hang of it in no time.

Cons

Some times it doesnt always link with our POS system and it doesn't display our sales so it throws our usage of cups way off.

Rahul from Beauregard’s

Industry: Restaurants

Great tool that needs more refining for ease of use

Customer service is fantastic.

Pros

It works once it’s all setup. However, setup isn’t for the non-technical. I’m an IT guy and it took me weeks to fully set it up. And I feel like it could be better with just a few more small tweaks.

Cons

Setup and the iOS app. The app is cumbersome and almost remedial.

Verena Gweneth from Spiritland

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeeze

Pros

The ease of use for the various different levels of the platform. The visual representation of data adds a level of ease to day to day process'.

Cons

Some of the data calculations - when analysing COG's, lead more towards an American market. It terms of quantifying volumes and percentages.

Thibault from Hard Rock Cafe Lyon

Great system,

Pros

You can do a lot of different report. This system is always in changing, they're improving every week the functionnality.

Cons

The translation in French, but they're doing better and better. Sometime the export of the report in excel doesn't work. They need to fix it.

Paolo from MORSO London

from FnB to Marketman - Great System

I haven't had the chance to use marketman to the full potential, and I am pretty sure that the little issues I might have encountered are caused by my lack of understanding fully yhr system yet. But as a first impression it seems like a great system with lots of functinality and fairly easy to use. Way better than the old school software like FnB or Comtrex

Pros

The flexibility and the speed of use of the software. It's fairly intuitive even though you need some training here and there to fully understand the system.

Gede from The savage kitchen bali

Market man very helpfull to mantain product stock, cost of product and completely usefull.

Pros

What i like are can be sync with lightspeed ( cashiering system), we can analyze revenue from both side to make balance

Cons

All perfect and usefull. Overall marketman is very recomended to implement in retail amd hospitality industry.

Warren from Escape Reality

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great piece of kit that solves a lot of problems

Great initial calls with the team and looking forward to a long future together!

Pros

Marketman was recommended by both our (competing) POS vendors - not a common occurrence surely - as an essential part of the solution to our inventory problems. We absolutely had to check them out, and they were indeed the real deal. Love the reporting, ease of use, and the fact that unlike its main competitor it doesn't take 3-6 months to learn and use.

Cons

Can't think of any issues at the present time. Make it even more affordable for startups that are scaling, perhaps?

nilvia from Laurence and Chico Cafe

Happy review

Costing and keeping prices updated is better and faster.

Pros

How easy is to order and cost all items

Cons

To integrate it on an already operating business is challenging to transfer all the information.

Simple, easy to use and it works!

We now have a great handle on our inventory and ordering process. The fact that we don't really think about this anymore is testament to how well the system works.

Pros

Have used a number of similar systems in my time, MarketMan is the simplest and easiest to use. Very instinctive and efficient.

Cons

Very little, nothing to dislike really but would suggest more customisable reports and graphs.

Daniel from Campus Food Service LLC

Very easy to use and extremely helpful for my business.

Sending orders and maintaining inventory.

Pros

Able to maintain and track inventory very easily, and the ability to do it over the cloud are the two best things about marketman.

Cons

Would be nice if marketman incorporated a hand held device that allowed me to record inventory as it comes into the store.

Cesar from Gregory's Coffee

As a manager I really enjoy using Marketman, its very well organized and make my job easier.

Pros

Keeping track of expenses has become easier. The notification option is very handy, and Ordering is very friendly and fast and keeps me updated when an order has not been viewed. Inventory has also become easier. The amount of customization makes it easier to do Inventory.

Cons

Just a few minor tech issues, sometimes the app will crash but the customer support team are usually fast and get the issues fixed.

Patricia from Wokyko limited

Outstanding platform

Very easy to use, needs a lot of work to set up but you would have that with any software Once set up as long as it’s used correctly it will give you loads of information

Pros

Easy to use, lots of information that can been drawn from it regarding profitability of dishes Stock valuation is now so easy Saves a massive amount of time

Cons

I don’t think there is anything bad about the software

Reasons for Choosing MarketMan

Gave us everything we needed

Zac from The Mighty Bowl

Industry: Restaurants

MarketMan has helped us save both money and time.

Time and money saving

Pros

I like the ability to compare prices per unit and track our inventory. I've also been very impressed by the customer service. The customer representative has been very helpful and proactive about showing us how to get the most from MarketMan.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but our representative has done a lot to show us how to get the most out of MarketMan.

Jeremy from The Organic Coup

My experience is very easy to operate, learn, and teach how to use.

Organization and knowing how to navigate through a software.

Pros

I like how everything is accessible. It is easy to find anything that you need. Also I love how support is always there working to help you with anything and as fast as they can.

Cons

To be honest, I have not reached a point on your guys end that I dislike. I have found it very easy to operate around the software.

Philippe from Brasier1908 Inc

Its great, excellente support

Pros

The support we get from the marketman team and that its never crash. The service is personnalise and well adapt to us

Cons

The fact that the support is only in english, I dont have a problem with it personnaly but, most of my team here speak french, so not everyone in my team can contact them for help

Joseph from Luna Park

Ease of use has done wonders for my team

Pros

Ease of Use Various Report Combining of items Iphone App is great Helps Flow of items in our park

Cons

Software sometimes updates without notice. Some of the reports are very abstract. Can't see incoming orders through app.

Holly from The Second City

Easy to use product

Overall I enjoy that I can export an inventory sheet and import the counts automatically into the system.

Pros

The app is very straight forward and easy to use after set up.

Cons

Set up and maintenance takes an exceptional amount of effort.

December 2014

David from The Fairy

December 2014

Highly recommended for small/ medium size restaurant chains

Pros: ease of use, mobile app for supply ordering and inventory counts, BOM + POS integration works flawlessly. Cons: sending faxes to suppliers cost 15 cents per fax

Salvador