• Pros

• "It's easy to use. It offers a lot of perks for the price. The customer service is great and people are really nice when you have questions or if a problem arises. "

• "Easy to use, features, excellent customer service"

• "The entire software is built easy to use and understand. I loved how easy it was to create my service menu and build my website with them. "

• Cons

• "The price is a little high. There are a few features that are not available or I wish there would be more options for but the upgrades seem to be very good."

• "I am unable to check out multiple appointments with only one payment. Each appointment has to be checked out individually. There are some little things like this that could be improved upon. "

• "There are some mundane and repetitive tasks that have to be set up. Functionality is not always there but the crew listens and tries to implement good ideas. They are getting better."

Browse MassageBook Reviews

David from Hands In Motion

Just What I Need To Manage My Practice

I think that Massagebook really - and quite brilliantly - crosses the chasm that is often never, truly crossed by many companies out there: they connect the ever-ellusive Benefits of [a] Service with its Features. They are massage therapy practitioner-centric - we are their Clients (as well as their Customers) - delivering functional, beautiful, intuitive, and comprehensive services that are needed and desired most by massage therapy practitioners. I stay because I feel like they have and continue to develop the software Just For Me. I like that :D

Pros

Massagebook is a complete software solution for my sole-proprietorship - detailed reports and appropriate and sane-levels of engagement with my clients are both built into Massagebook, two very important aspects of running my business. Their mobile-accessibility - for both business-owner and its customers - is impeccable. The marketing and promotional components are integrated very well into the CMS function. Their payment portal only gets better and better - rates are fair, Referral Fees (from MB-domain-originated promotion, of which I have garnered several New customers) are nominal. Their business Goals of making things "easy" is apparent in their Customer Service: knowledgeable, persistent, easily- and readily-accessible, and in the new Features they roll out on a regular basis. The cost for their service is definitely worth paying - basically: it pays for itself in the time & money it saves me doing it "the old way". I feel like everyone at Massagebook cares about the success of my massage therapy practice - from the regular emails from rep and the Massagebook Team to their blogs about How To maximize the use and benefits of the software to make my practice management Better, I learn more and more not only How to use the software, but also Why. They've really nailed down Delivering Value, and I am a loyal customer because I know they're interaction with me as a customer helps me be a better massage therapist AND businessperson.

Cons

As with most software subscriptions out there, there are features that I could use more of in my practice - but Massagebook is ALWAYS working to make the current ones Better and develop new ones for the benefit of the majority of its users. Over the 5 years I've been with Massagebook, they always seem to come through, albeit at the cost of time. I will always wish for a Perfect Product, and the Massagebook Team has and will always rise to the challenge by hearing my suggestions and requests and moving toward a more-efficient and easy software to use.

Linda from Linda Ann Farruggia RMT

Excellent Platform

People are finding me with MassageBook compared to the other platform I used. Getting more new people emailing who weren't referred by others. The ease and flow of navigation is great, getting technical things faster. I'm totally happy with MassageBook and would recommend it to any healthcare professionals looking for a booking system and website for their business.

Pros

Ever since I started using MassageBook I found it so easy to navigate through, way better than the other platform I was using. The price is half of what I was paying with the other and I'm impressed as how lovely the website looks. The chat online for questions is amazing! I get questions answered right away during business hours and everyone I've talked to is friendly and helpful, with my old platform this wasn't an option and I'd have to wait a day to get an email response, or worse by phone never got a call back since the pandemic hit.

Cons

When I first check out a patient and send receipt it doesn't go through and need to go back to the appointment and resend.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I like the name, appearance of website and price better.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Jane App really expensive and I never liked the look of my website. Couldn't get through over phone for questions and would take a day response by email. Having online chat available with MassageBook is awesome!

Jesse from Alignment Massage

The Best Out There That I Know Of

Excellent! Their strong points more than make up for their weak ones and hopefully the weak ones will get fixed soon.

Pros

I have been using Massagenbook now for over two years and I love it! There are so many features and the price is almost too good to be true. It is easy to use, the customer support is great and it has almost all of the major features that I want. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I don't like that when a customer types in their address, that it doesn't allow them to type it in directly but makes them chose from a dropdown menu of preselected addresses. I have had many of my clients complain about this. I really wish that they would allow clients to manually type in their addresses and the sooner that they can do that, the better.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Vargaro nickel and dimed me too much. They had more features and some were really cool, but it cost too much and my clients complained about trying to book appointments with them just like they did with massage book.

Jason from Vida Bodywork

MassageBook is designed for individual therapists - not companies with W2'ed employees

This product is OK and cheap for a single massage therapist; you will be sorely disappointed if you try to manage a multi-employee business with it MassageBook support has been super responsive MassageBook is very secretive of their product roadmap - they will not provide any insight to customers on when requested features might become available.

Pros

The cost is low - so low, unfortunately, that MassageBook doesn't have resources to invest in building out company-level features Support team is responsive

Cons

MassageBook is missing even the most basic data elements in its reporting module to support basic business activities such as payroll and tax reporting. MassageBook is designed for individual therapists at the expense of supporting business marketing and control - it promotes individual therapist website/bios/contact information, it promotes the MassageBook website at the expense of the business's custom website The automated marketing functionality is buggy, and sent communications to customers that they shouldn't have received There is no online help for the reporting module

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

We thought we would be getting a more full featured, easier to use and less buggy solution at a better price; we were wrong on all counts except price

Response from 2Book

Replied July 2020

Jason, Appreciate the review and I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your needs. To make sure people who read this are accurately informed, let me clarify a few things. * It's true - MassageBook is not an accounting solution. You can export financial info to any accounting program though. Payroll services like ADP and Paychex can manage everything payroll inexpensively. * Having your business included in the MassageBook directory is completely optional. It's there as an option to drive more business to your practice should you wish to receive new clients from this source. * You seem to have been very happy with our support team, yet your rating doesn't reflect this. We go to great lengths to support everyone quickly, efficiently - and warmly. * New feature releases - There's no secret. We just can't promise exactly when a feature will be released by the simple nature of software development - so we don't. But we're happy to share what to expect next from us. - Mark/CEO

Flor from Owner

Love massagebook

I feel I am in 100% control of my business because of massagebook. I don't need a receptionist or any other support, just them.

Pros

I love how easy is to use and get or proceess what you need. But most at all, I appreciate their customer support. I am thankful to massagebook because this is just me managing my business and they provide all l the back support that I need to run business in a productive and efficient way.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the software.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Now, I have everything in one place. Massagebook is connected to square that is still processing payments.

Toby from BodySava

A-Game Value, Ease & Access, and Incredible Customer Service

I've never had an issue go unresolved for more than 4 business days, the customer service & staff as a whole has been the most helpful team I think I've ever worked with (seriously, these people are really impressive at what they do), and the value of service you receive is literally a fraction of the cost of other competing software, which I feel you get more from MassageBook than other services as well. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

The software gives me nearly everything I need. Not only for scheduling, it is a whole ACCOUNTING suite as well. Ease of use mixed with functional integration of payment processing software (we use Square Register) which allows a 2-click paper trail to be created and easily reviewed by both company and clientele.

Cons

There are a few hiccups with availability, the times of which I can count on both hands over 2 years of use. There were a few integration setbacks with setting up Square for payment processing, but since it was resolved (same day), there have been no issues. The only improvement I'd make is to allow the administrators of the business account to see any edits that have been made to appointment times or dollar amounts, instead of having to contact Customer Service.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

Better features, less cost, more fine-tuned for our business model.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Better features, less cost, more fine-tuned for our business model.

Tammy from Elementals Massage

Industry: Alternative Medicine

It's everything I need to run the back office portion of my business.

Pros

It's everything you need: scheduling, client documents/SOAP notes, point of sales, marketing, sales/marketing reports, and web site.

Cons

There could be more customization in the client documents and sales/marketing reporting options.

Price and fucntionality

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Massage Book was a btter fit for my company, instructure, security, and price.

David from david goldeen

Easy to use with many excellent functions

Easy to do business with, customer support is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Intake forms, SOAP notes, Scheduling and merchant processing all in one easy to use package

Cons

The App is a bit slow sometimes and I would like to be able to customize the receipt customers get.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Mindbody is excellent software but they became too expensive and Massagebook had some features that are important to me.

Great way to advertise

I like having one app to run everything instead of 3-4 separate apps to do daily business.

Pros

Once you set everything up, it’s effortless. It works for you while you are working on clients.

Cons

Nothing yet. The setup and help from the customer service have been great.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I can link my square account to MassageBook for payment processing.

VIVIANA from Holistico PR

AFFORDABLE, EASY TO USE AND KEEP ORGANIZED

I STARTED AS [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to make a trial and se how it works. After get my licensed I decided to start my business with Massage Book and I can access from my cellphone, book appointments and see availability. It is easy to fill the SOAP note, edit, upload documents, etc.

Pros

EASY TO USE AND TO CONFIGURATE YOUR BUSINESS. I LOVE HOW TO DO MY SOAP NOTES AND UPLOAD DOCUMENT TO THE CLIENT RECORD

Cons

I DONT HAVE ANY COMPARISSON REFERENCE TO SAY WHAT I LIK LEAST ABOUT MASSAGE BOOK.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

As I am starting my business, I choose MassageBook for the price.

Janet from Invigorations

MassageBook

My overall experience has been very good. Customer support is excellent and MassageBook is definitely customer friendly. I like the way they keep us informed about changes and additions to the software program as well as providing interesting and helpful information for therapists in general. Their communications about how to operate during the Covid-19 Virus chaos has been extremely valuable.

Pros

I had never set up a software scheduling program and found it to be difficult until I took advantage of MassageBook's support services. They were available to talk with me on the phone, chat online and the site offers many video and written explanations for how to set up various aspects of the program. The software covers everything a business or individual might need or want to start and maintain a massage/wellness business--online scheduling, reminder emails and texts, client intake forms which can be emailed to clients, soap note forms, anatomy charts, credit card processing, online gift cards and much more. I like that the software program options are tiered so the user can choose the options that fit the business and budget as needed. The free trial period is also very useful for easing into the program and testing out all of the options available.

Cons

It is a good thing that MassageBook is always improving, upgrading and adding new features. But, this also makes things more complicated and sometimes more expensive for an individual with a small business like myself who wants to keep things basic, simple and less expensive. As much as I like MassageBook, if my costs continue to increase I will be searching for a streamlined, less expensive program.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

I downsized my business and there was no option for a less expensive version of the software.

Pamela from Arts of Wellness Therapies

Industry: Alternative Medicine

MassageBook - my number one choice

One of the greatest supports to my business is the on-line scheduling. In addition, MB made changes to help comply with COVID19 regulations which made my job easier as I returned to a modified practice. Having the ability to sell gift certificates also helps to support and grow my business for those who might not come for a session, but want to purchase one for someone else.

Pros

MassageBook is great software for managing my business. I have been a part-time massage therapist for 13+ years and worked in the information technology business full time until 2016, so I have seen a number of software applications in my work history. It is easy to use, easy for clients to book on-line and interact with and interfaces directly with my Square software for credit card and health care card processing. The scheduler also interfaces directly with my Google calendar; since I work for multiple practices, this feature is integral to me keeping my own schedule well managed.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about this software; it would be great if the office information could also be passed to my Google calendar, but I understand that the mechanism to feed Google is limited, so it's a small issue. Interesting upgrades come out periodically and they work - without bugs. Another big selling point for me.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

In anticipation of adding acupuncture to my practice in the near future, I've looked at approximately six other packages. I plan to continue to use MB for scheduling when I start to roll that out, due to the great interface with Google calendar and the ability to have multliple business schedules correctly identify busy time without a great deal of manual entry. Check out at the time of service is easy and has a built in invoice that can optionally be printed or emailed to the client.

Aj from CTWS

Customer Management and Scheduling Software

Overall is been okay and better than others many ways but sometimes the customer service reps. get very defensive when you site a flaw or even ask a legit question about something they could do better.

Pros

The best parts of this software is it’s potential. This software could potentially check off all of the boxes a spa or wellness practice could want if only they were all working properly.

Cons

The most frustrating aspect of this software is that the developers have created features that are great and needed, but don’t allow them to work properly. It’s like the company knows what you need, has created the platform and allows you to see it but not be able to fully execute it. Talk to text voice recording for SOAP notes is one example. The option is there, the button and links are hot and active, but you are sorely disappointed to find out that after you press record, spend the time to give dictation, see that your text has been recorded only to press save and that feature doesn’t work!

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

MassageBook offered a good discount when we first signed up and is always adding valuable new features. The owner seem like a good guy who really tries to personalize your experience with his company. He definitely knows what is needed for his target market. Features and the promise of new features at a fair price point is why we chose Massagebook but we still keep our other software for an important feature they don’t have.

Response from 2Book

Replied May 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Aj. We're always improving MassageBook based on the feedback we get - which we take seriously and incorporate directly into our weekly product planning sessions. I am puzzled by your comment about speech to text as the software doesn't have that ability built in. Are you using your phone's speech to text ability to write SOAP notes on the mobile app? If you could please contact us with specifics of what you're running into that is not working as you'd like it to, I'll make sure I look into it personally. Many thanks for your support! - Mark (Founder)

Erskine from EM Wellness Massage

EM Wellness Massage Review for Massagebook

I can truly say that I have matured in understanding how to run and manage my business more efficiently because of Massagebook. Love them and don't see myself using any other booking app in the near, or distant future.

Pros

Can’t say enough good things about Massagebook; recently, they increased the cost of the monthly subscription and I didn’t give it a second thought, because it’s well worth every penny. My business is so much more professional and flows more efficiently. I use it several times daily. Love the fact that if you cannot afford to pay for an expensive website, this is just as good – and the beauty is I have viewed several of my Wellness comrade’s sites and no two site looks alike, which is a great accomplishment – kudos! I could go on-and-on… I Highly recommend this booking app for all massage therapist who needs to run their business-like a Pro on a budget Features I Love: Appointment Scheduling Marketing Soap Notes Intake Forms The Analytic of the business Excellent customer support

Cons

I would say the only Con for me is, not being able to implement my own custom Gift Certificates and not use there’s – they’re too generic looking.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I used Styleseats before switching to Massagebook; and there was no comparison. I think the fact that because Massagebook was created by a successful Massage Therapist and knowing what's needed to run a Wellness business profitably, was a no-brainer.

Toby from BodySava

Everything I want, Nothing I don't

We've used 3 other booking software options in our massage careers, and MB is by far the easiest, most affordable, and comprehensive of all of the software options we've ever encountered. I would NEVER refer anyone to another company for the product I'm utilizing.

Pros

MassageBook provides the best platform for booking our clientele that we've found. Literally everything our business needs from service options, addons, gift certificates, Square credit card integration, and more is included for an absolutely irresistible price. The customer service has always gotten back to us in less than 24 hours (only on weekends) and immediately the next morning. The fact that I can use this as accounting software as well is the most convenient thing possible.

Cons

There are some glitches here and there with text reminders that are very quickly resolved by the support staff and the database full of articles of problem-resolution. The only other thing that needs integration is being able to see the text messages that are sent out, being able to edit any of the materials in the client information, and lastly, getting Gift Certificates introduced to the Mobile App!

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

Price, impact, accounting tools, and depth of programming.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

The price was not comparable to the value we were receiving.

Martin from Healing Hands Massage Therapy

Amazing, easy to use product that does everything my practice needs.

My practice has never been easier to manage and I've never been busier. The MassageBook directory sends me a couple of new clients each month. That and having emails go out to clients that heaven't been in to see me in a while keep me busy and not needing to do much marketing.

Pros

After looking at and trying two other scheduling solutions, (Full Slate/Artichoke) an MT friend suggested I look at MassageBook. This software is the JAM. :-) It does everything I need it to and I found it really easy to understand. Everything else I've seen or used was missing something and I had to find yet *another* solution to get everything I needed working. (Like email campaigns or Gift Certificates) I now open exactly ONE piece of software to run my practice each day. When I'm on the go or do an occasional outcall, I use the mobile app to manage my schedule or check a client out. Even my personal Google calendar is displayed on my MassageBook schedule and make sure I don't create any conflicts. Can't say how many times this has saved my butt. I use pretty much all the features - really good SOAP notes I can draw on, full client records on everything, email campaigns, and automated emails, reminders, Gift Certificates, the website and of course the scheduling. It's seriously like I have a full time assistant that I pay $30 a month for. I've trained about 90% of my clients to book online now - and they absolutely love it. I've noticed more of them are coming in more regularly and are booking their appointments online at night. Good stuff. Support is absolutely awesome. I've even gotten responses back over the weekend. Love that I can kick off a live chat from right within the software if I have any questions. So happy!

Cons

It seems like they're working on adding features all the time. They update the software every couple of weeks. Things like having a shared account for two people with the same email address was on my wish list for a while, but that came out in the Spring, so I'm currently out of things I wish they'd add. Except for insurance billing. That would be the icing on the cake...

Tiffany from Wheels To Wellness Massage Therapy LLC

Superb platform

Beyond what Ive expected. Great full for my massage school for connecting me with ABMP which is what offers this at a discount which is a bonus to an already amazing and affordable website platform. Helps see progress & offers suggestions for many ways to get more business.

Pros

What I love most is how it helps me to offer packages & deals while sending appointment reminders to clients. Also allows to send campaigns to my clients & request reviews. Easy, reliable, amazing. Everything has an example or video to help assist with everything. Also support is always quick to respond and very helpful all around.

Cons

There is not a thing I like least. It’s all good & when there are issues they are quickly fixed when MassageBook is notified of the issues. Ive been very pleased since I started few years ago. I recommend it for any struggling business or business starting, even successful businesses can utilize this and most likely maintain same quality & growth.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I choose MassageBook as it is offered through my massage insurance ABMP platform. Since I began to use it my love for it grows more everyday. Has helped build my confidence in the business side of doing what I love best healing those hurting. I am an introvert & the online booking only option and pre pay are sincerely life saving for my personality. I get nervous dealing with payments as math is not my subject. Helps keep finances in order as well. It’s been such great tool & I recommend to everyone.

Laurel from Wolfe Therapy

This is not for practitioners that take insurance!!!

It's OK. Written by amateurs. The CRM software space is well understood - these guys didn't do their homework, and aren't interested in making the right changes. Their roadmap is on features they think will help them sell more, not make the app more useful to the existing users. Tech Support is very good - patient, helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

SOAP Notes are easy to re-use for the next session.

Cons

1) Complete blind spot for practices that take insurance. None of the features you want to make capturing and saving the information needed for insurance billing is there. Supposedly they understand the massage business, but for those top tier professionals that maximize their earning by taking Insurance, they don't. At all. - Nothing on the standard Intake Form captures Insurance info, and you can't add custom fields yourself the way you want to make to look good - No place to put their insurance info in the client record, other than in the general 'Notes' tab. There it gets jumbled in with your Notes about the clients needs etc. - No way to attach a file to a client record (Ex - a JPEG photo of their Insurance card) 2) User display of your schedule is hard to read. Hard to tell at a galnce how long a scheduled session is, esp. on a mobile device. Genbook is much easier to read.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

SOAPs were easier. Genbook was having stability/uptime issues. Didn't realize the shortcomings.

Response from 2Book

Replied February 2020

Laurel, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Clearly you're frustrated at our lack of features around insurance billing. As the founder and a veteran massage therapist who ran his own multi-therapist practice for many years, I have most certainly "done my homework". That's hitting below the belt... When evaluating what features we choose to prioritize and focus on developing, we have to take into account what will have the greatest positive impact across all MT's. We have a fully fleshed out insurance billing feature designed, but we have held off on developing it for the simple reason that only a very small percentage of practice owners accept insurance. We'll get it done, because I think it can be transformative for our profession and get a lot more therapists accepting insurance, but for now other priorities are the focus. You can look forward to a number of great improvements and new features coming this year. Stay tuned to my release notes emails...

Christina from Back In Touch Massage Studio

Practice with Ease

I am able to keep a client list, email list and send out info digitally to all clients whenever I wish. This takes the headache out of any marketing that needs to be done. They have made it easy with the use of templates or you can even create your own. ABOVE all the Customer Service is Truly OUTSTANDING. I have 'Live Chat' several times to ask simple and very complex questions and with ease they are able to talk me thru the idea or issue OR in some circumstances the Rep has called me so no info is misunderstood. 5 STAR for sure!! For everything that is provided the price is absolutley worth it!

Pros

Massage Book is an amazing platform and has made being a business owner so very easy. It has taken the headache out of creating a website, sending out client emails, maintaining client files as well as keeping the accounting straight!

Cons

As I come across items or "Wish" list MB has made it easy to ask for these things and they are developing new tools for its users on a continuous basis. There are a few things I wish the program would do, however it everything has a work around.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I chose massage book for all its features for an amazing cost. I am glad I did, I do not think there is another company that can even come close to the level of customer service they offer. Definitely go above and beyond.

Annie from Exploring Radiance

Great software!

I am highly satisfied with the MassageBook software, booking, payment, report, and marketing options. I found the website easy to set up and navigate and I've had excellent customer service with every request. Over the past couple of years, it has helped me streamline my business (at my own pace) and helped me go paperless and they continually roll out more features and options. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

MassageBook has made my life as a massage therapy owner/operator a breeze. The online booking system makes it easy for my clients to see my availability, book, and pre-pay online and the automatic email and text reminders are awesome. The marketing features are great and make it an easy way for me to stay connected to my clients. The bonus for me was finding all of the reports that MassageBook can generate. I got it for the scheduling ease and am able to do my financial books easily as well.

Cons

I wish that there was the capability of changing the order of memberships and specials like there is for the service menu options, the support team has responded by including this request on upgrade/update ideas. I would also like better integration with Stripe for storing cards on file. Overall, Stripes fees are lower and every cent counts when you're working for yourself.

SUSAN from Susan Lancaster Wellness Coach

I consider Massagebook part of my staff.

Pros

I have been with Massagebook since the beginning, I want to say almost 10 years. I chose them because I had reviewed and tested other programs and they were either too complicated or too expensive. I love how easy Massagebook is to use and I especially love how available their customer service live chat is. I never have to wait to get the answer I need.

Cons

What I like least is that they don't offer the ability to schedule classes, I teach yoga and wellness workshops and I have to go outside of massagebook to find what I need. I must say that the combined cost is still less than some other programs for massage therapy scheduling.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Schedulicity was a little too basic at that time for what I needed.

Helen from Essential Healing and Massage

Many features for a great price. Fairly easy to use. Customer service is responsive.

Pros

This is a FULL package that also has accounting abilities and email marketing built right in. for booked appointments, Both email and text confirmations are sent to clients and therapists. I have multiple rooms and one room that shares different types of services- so I now have the ability to reserve rooms for specific services so the potential for booking over someone else's use of the room is eliminated. It has been a great experience so far , and the trouble that I have encountered was quickly addressed by customer service-( I love the instant chat feature) and every effort was made to solve the problem. I would recommend it highly as both a startup system and a for a business that has grown and has more than one therapist. and room.

Cons

It is sometimes not so intuitive as to "where" to look for the information you want. It can be fairly slow too. I would love to have a a feature to book "back to back" appointments for online bookings or to "add services" to a booked service so that there is no enforced gap between these types of appointments, such that a sauna ( 20 min) booked with a massage ( 60 min) could be seen as two consecutive appointments with no 15 min recovery time in between.

Sherri from Wellness Massage Works,LLC

Excellent Product and Service

I’m able to focus on other areas of my business because people can book online. They are also able to book appointments while the therapists are in session and can’t speak with them directly. I also love the marketing and reporting features they offer, making tax time easier.

Pros

It’s ease of use for both the internal users along with the client experience. I hear all the time how clients love our online booking.

Cons

I’d like to see more functionality in their mobile interface but they are always making improvements across all their platforms.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

It was a much better price point through my massage insurance membership, along with the features they offer and that it is designed by people who have actually done massage and understand our industry.

Robin from Robin Shope Massage Therapy

Excellent platform and customer service.

Over all, my experience with Massagebook has been positive. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use. My clients frequently comment on the ease of use and their appreciation for the appointment reminders. I also like the fact That I can control so many settings and features.

Cons

One feature that I would like to see if the ability for clients to tip when paying online.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

When the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Clickbook passed away suddenly, the system went down without warning and I needed an immediate alternative.

Response from 2Book

Replied April 2020

Thank you for your review, Robin You'll be happy to know that the ability for clients to pre-pay a tip when booking online will be made available in two weeks time! More great enhancements are on the way as well...

Danielle from Massage Specialists

Great software for my business and amazing customer service!

Pros

MassageBook has everything I need to run my massage business the right way. It's really easy to use and has some great features that have enabled me to grow my business in ways I wouldn't have been able to do if I wasn't using this software. The features I especially love are SOAP Notes and Client Intake Forms as they save my staff and I so much time each day. I also love being on the MassageBook directory as this brings us in many new clients that I would otherwise need to spend money on advertising to source. MassageBook is very affordable no matter how big or small your practice is. I've been using MassageBook since I first started my business over 4 years ago and am still using it to this day. Their customer support is also second-to-none. I always get a reply to my questions and the team are friendly and always happy to help me when needed. Also, I love that I can pick up the phone and talk to a 'real human' too! All-in-all, I really believe MassageBook has contributed to my business's success massively. I highly recommend it for any massage therapist, whether just starting out or looking to transition.

Christina from Christina Novello, LMT

Easy to use & excellent customer service

I started with the free subscription to see how I liked it but upgraded when I started seeing my own clients, and then upgraded again to take advantage of the marketing option. It has definitely helped me keep my business organized. I love the automated emails and the ability to create promotions, and the marketing aspect is very helpful to me as someone just starting out on my own. As soon as I upgraded to the marketing version, I was contacted by a client who had lost my contact info and he got in touch with me because of the email that was sent to him. I also really like the review feature and the automatic email sent to new clients to write a review. By far my favorite feature is the membership option. It has allowed me to start having a regular, reliable source of income and also saves my clients money and makes everything so much easier. I love MassageBook! It has been extremely helpful to me in starting to grow my business.

Pros

Easy to use, features, excellent customer service

Jyoti from Sedona Body & Soul

A Personal Assistant for my business

MassageBook pretty much revolutionized my experience of running a massage practice single-handed. Prior to MB, I tried the free versions of several different booking systems. None of them came close to what MB offers. The first 2 or so years, I used the free version, which was perfectly adequate. At a certain point I decided to go for the full subscription and couldn't be happier with what I get for that. A couple of the big benefits are good marketing tools, and top tier customer service - a godsend on busy days when I go brain-dead over a simple task and reach out for help. I've always been helped very quickly, even when the issue has been something I could easily have resolved myself by using their excellent Ask MassageBook section.

Pros

Fairly simple to set up and start using. Help has always been at hand along the way with stellar customer support and a really useful community knowledge base/suggestions forum. Improvements are frequently being made, and many of them are based on feedback from users. To my knowledge, there has been no downtime or major glitches during my several years of using this software.

Cons

The mobile app is missing some of the features I would like to be able to use on the fly, such as seeing a client's intake form, or a review a client has left.

Rebecca from Come Find A New You

I love using MassageBook!

As a newbie in the self-employed business world, I was looking for an affordable software that would allow me to run my business with as many features available to me as possible. Massagebook is just that! I have had their software for 2+ years and I am still finding new features I didn't realize I had available to me. Every time I find a new feature it's like waking up on Christmas morning. It is easy to use and with their help pages being so informative, you can learn about any feature that you are having trouble understanding. They also provide a live chat where you can reach any of their customer service reps at anytime, and I mean anytime. They are so generous and kind and extremely helpful. There is plenty of good things to be said about MassageBook, so give them a try.

Pros

Cons

I have had only one issue and that was with deleting non returning clients off my roster. I have been told that it can't be done because they had a service checked out on their account. They did however suggest a solution that I chose to pursue. So even my one issue was given a solution.

Lisa from Lisa Gecelosky, LMT

Highly recommend!

I’ve been with MassageBook for several years so I’ve seen this company and the software evolve. There have been so many great improvements and features added. A great product and great value!

Pros

The software is easy to navigate. I love the marketing features, SOAP notes, electronic intake forms, etc. I also love the integration with Google reviews and social media. Customer service has always been prompt and efficient no matter what I’ve asked. In my opinion, it is a great value! I have recommended MassageBook to many colleagues.

Cons

I can’t think of anything at this time.

Jennifer from Massage Reform

EVERYTHING YOU NEED

The customer service is EXCELLENT. There is always a knowledgeable & friendly customer service rep to answer my call or instant message. My issues are always resolved. The best part is that this company always seems to be working toward on new and improved features, keeping up with today's demands on the practitioner. I feel like I have all the tools I need to maintain and thrive my practice, especially since I do not consider myself to be an entreprenuerial guru. Thsi software allows me to spend more time doing what I love- massaging and taking genuine care of my clients.

Pros

The SOAP note anatomical charting feature is excellent for keeping track of a client's biomechanical issues. I love that I have the choice to either simply write in the SOAP chart, or use the "drawing" features to mark problem areas on an anatomically correct figure anteriorly & posteriorly. The business and marketing features are built in and make it easy for me to keep track of bookkeeping and marketing. This software is truly a one-stop-shop for a practitioner's business needs!

Cons

The intake for is not truly customizable

Donna from Harmony Massage

Best software out there

I cant rave enough about Massagebook! I got sinked into a Mindbody trial after being with Massagebook for a year and it was absolutely horrible in that it was geared towards hairstylists. I got rid of Mindbody very quickly and will never leave Massagebook. Customer support is amazing, pleasant and patient . Cant beat it!

Pros

I love that it is designed by and for massage therapists. I love the intake forms, the Autopilot for reminders emails for clients, birthday emails and just about anything else one would want to create for a campaign. I love everything about it and how simple it makes my life. All the marketing options, sales tracking, integration with my Google calendar etc. Support staff is great and very knowledgable.

Cons

The only negative thing is that in the automatic email after clients first appointment requesting a review there is no way to request a Google review or insert a link to my Google listing. I hate asking clients in person to give a review, but I dont feel that the Massagebook reviews help much if I cant get the client from google to Massagebook via reviews.

Beth from Geek Girl Massage Therapy

Massage Book Helps me Book Clients

Overall, I like the ease of use. And I like how affordable it is.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that the Add-on feature will not add TIME to a service. This has been addressed to MassageBook by a lot of therapists, and they have no plans to change it. Instead, their solution is to have us create more and more services. And we want things to be as easy to book as possible. The more services a client has to choose from, the more confusing it can be. I also don't like that you have to opt-out of them marketing to our own clients for us. We shouldn't have to opt-out of a 3rd party provider marketing discounts that we don't approve to our own clients. Instead, we should be able to OPT-IN.

Response from 2Book

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the review and the feedback, Beth! We have a great year ahead of planned improvements and new features - and we hear you regarding adding a time element to add-on services! That's on our roadmap to work on too.

Sam from Rockin' Good Health, LLC

Great foundation, needs some tweaks

Reliable online scheduling and payment for massage appointments and gift certificates. Online SOAP notes linked to client info records. Automated email marketing and follow-up.

Pros

Easy to use and highly functional, MassageBook meets almost all of my needs. Scheduling system is reliable, and syncs with Google calendar so I can keep business and personal separate, while preventing conflicts. Online SOAP notes connected to client record is great. The pre-fab automatic follow-up email campaigns have brought back long lost clients, which is always a plus. Gift certificates built in, big plus.

Cons

Website integration is very limited. You're stuck putting an entire MassageBook web page in an iframe inside your custom site. They really need to add some trimmer widgets that let you embed only the scheduling/specials/gift-certificate modules without the rest of their website. They also need to add support for product sales. They have a limited form in the cash register/check out, where you can add a taxable item at time of payment. They really need table of taxable products, just like their table of services, that can be used in add-on and package setups. Right now I'm forced to put in a product (take-home bottle of lotion) as a service, in order to get the add-on enticement during online booking, and then sales tax reporting is thrown off.

Andrea from Aquatic Fire Healing Arts

Excellent! Knowing there is a knowledgeable team supporting the software is extremely reassuring.

It has allowed me to build my business, stay efficient in running it, and is the assistant I did not have to hire. The tools for managing my business are all part of the package.

Pros

I love it - it is intuitive, has loads of help, and does exactly what I want it to - be the exceptionally efficient assistant I did not have to hire separately. Many of my clients have expressed their appreciation for the email confirmations and reminders, and text reminders. This software has enabled me to build my business - I am a sole practitioner, so it is invaluable for organizing my schedule, and communicating with clients. It is well thought out - a solid product. I have used other products but have stuck with this one - it meets all my needs and keeps getting better! The support team is amazing - I mean that sincerely. They have thought this through. The integration with Stripe makes it a cinch to receive payments from clients, even from their health savings plan cards.

Sergio from Spa Vida PSP

MassageBook Simplifies My Work Life

MassageBook saves me a lot of time since I am a sole business propritor and the only massage therapist. While I am out on outcalls, MassageBook allows me to take payments, enter SOAP notes, send marketing messages, appointment reminders, requests for reviews, and even allows for my clients to book appoitments on the website provided by MassageBook. It also allows me to create packages, series and membership programs to atract more clients and increase the flow of regular income. There are a lot more features in MassageBook, and when combined they really simplify my daily work life.

Pros

I love the integration with Square and Goggle Calendar. Having both my personal and business schedule in one place prevents scheduling conflics, and the Square integration makes it super easy to check out my clients on the go.

Cons

While the phone App is very convenient, I wish it would give us full access as we have on the web. For example, SOAP notes are not as complete as on the web. It only allow for text rather than having the 3D muscles available to check.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

SOAP Vault seemed much more complicated and more gueared to larger clinics, Chiropractic offices. It also lacks the marketing tools available in MassageBook. MassageBook is easy to use and very intuitive. My clients also find it very easy to use and professional.

Kristen from Muscle Maintenance of Rochester, LLC

Wish I had MassageBook 18 years ago!

I used to have to call clients to confirm/remind them of upcoming appointments, and play phone tag when trying to schedule or re-schedule appointments. MB saves me an enormous amount of time!

Pros

It's a huge time saver. My clients consistently rave about ease of use and are thankful for being able to schedule at their convenience. I also like the marketing portion of the program and the ability to link up with Square payments to track payments and income. The list of "pros" is long, but these things top the list.

Cons

Very few cons, if any. The company consistently adds new and better features and communicates with subscribers regularly letting us know of upcoming improvements. If I had to say one thing, it's that some of the marketing/campaign designs could use some updating, but I guess I'd rather they spend time improving other things first. It really is the best massage practice tool out there. Made for massage therapists by people who really understand our needs.

Harper from Spring Studio

Best Booking Software!

Massagebook is very responsive to feedback and have added a few features I have requested. I love them!

Pros

I absolutely love Massagebook. When starting my own practice, massagebook was a great option. The tiered pricing helped me stay on budget while growing a client base and even the cheapest option offered useful features and excellent customer support. I've eventually upgraded to the highest level, which is still very inexpensive compared to other software, and the features and support are even better. Massagebook is very easy to use, customer support is friendly and extremely fast and helpful. The app is easy to use. You can schedule and process payments. I've been using massagebook for over a year and have never had any issues with the app or the website. Thank you, massagebook!

Cons

I would love it if they had a fitness studio option so I could book and allow people to sign up for group classes.

Dustin from Dustin Palmer Bodywork & Massage, LLC

Overall I have had an amazing experience with Massagebook.

It's a complete practice management suite built specifically for my needs as a massage business. It creates a professional and easy interface for my therapists and my clients. It helps generate business effortlessly. It's really got everything... and I know the places that are lacking will be addressed by the Massagebook Team. They are awesome.

Pros

I love all the bells and whistles they have included into the platform and the fact that the Massagebook team is constantly trying to improve the user experience. It really is a one stop shop for all of my massage business needs. This software has helped me build a very successful practice that keeps growing. I am a Massagebooker for life.

Cons

Reporting could be a little more customizable for more accurate or specialized reports. As a business owner that does all the accounting, payroll, etc myself... I have on more than one occasion found the reporting function of massagebook inadequate.

Cody from MyoMedic

Most comprehensive booking system for massage therapists

Amazing. I would recommend to any massage therapist no matter how large their practice.

Pros

Easy to use/set up. I like having the ability to have multiple locations and employees. The help chat has been amazing. They’re fast and friendly, always got my questions answered. MassageBook is the best value for your money by far.

Cons

Didn’t understand some of the set up options. But the help chat quickly taught me. Hoping for integration with QuickBooks in the near future.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I got the most features for massage therapy over most other online schedulers for the same or less money.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

Better value with more features

Andre' from Elements of Touch

Consistently Stellar Techincal Assistance

I confidently use all accounting and bookkeeping options available with nothing but positive reception from my tax prep crew. I appreciate the fact that when I, a self proclaimed, non techie logs in to chat the team is so patient and graceful in asking my questions as well as provide me with the accompanying URL link or article to follow step by step instruction

Pros

I have the capacity to automate my practice to the level that allows me to focus primarily on the clinical aspect of my practice with minimal day to day technical engagement, including payment processing as a result of Online Scheduling and Gift Certificate Sales and Payment

Cons

I would really like to personalize all automated messages to reflect a consistency in my themes as well as language used when communicating directly with my clients to add that personal touch even through an automated message.

Jennifer from Massage For EveryBODY

MassageBook makes it easy for me to operate my business, and they are always making improvements!

I am able to have my schedule with me everywhere I go, and my clients are able to schedule their appointments online. This program has made the business side of my business a lot smoother and easier than before. It also makes things less stressful at tax time!

Pros

MassageBook makes my bookkeeping simple, which makes tax time much less stressful. They have knowledgeable staff ready to chat and answer questions. MassageBook is always making improvements to their program, and they regularly share their current and upcoming improvements via email. It's great to see a company really respond to the input of their clients and become better for it!

Beverly from A Touch of Tranquility

The way to keep your massage businss on track.

I started with the basic free version, and it did what it was supposed to do, but then I found that the next level up gave me more flexibility with my business. I have now gone to the highest level, which allows me to send emails to all my clients letting them know about specials and other things. I had to be closed down for a couple of months because I was healing from surgery. I sent the info to everyone, then downgraded to the free level until I was able to return to work. My clients can book their own appointments. I can accept charge cards using my Square card reader. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with one of their customer service people to get everything resolved. I have recommended MassageBook to several others. This is the best way to go for scheduling, accepting payments and keeping up with soap notes.

Pros

I can keep track of all my clients, plus add my soap notes immediately.

Cons

There were some things that were a little confusing.

Easy to use right from the start & awesome interactive soap notes

Pros

I have been using MassageBook for 12 months and tried and tested other software before making the final decision to use MassageBook to run my business through. There support team has been amazing and there are regualr software updates and features being released all the time which tells me that they are a company who want to make sure that us massage therapists have all the right tools we need to succeed. One of the features that has made the biggest impact in my business has been the email marketing feature. I sell more gift certificates and am able to keep in touch with my customers more regularly because I know no idea how to use mailchimp and this feature was just simple and easy to start using. Very impressed.

Cons

For couples massages it doesn't currently support 2 bookings at once, but I beleive that this is getting changed to be able to do this in the next update that is coming out.

Vijay from Vitatsu Healthcare LLP

Good for Discovery

Overall decent to use software for individual driven services.

Pros

It helps in creating and improving visibility online which helps in increasing business in the long term. Also the regular emails on how to use and increase visibility for our services.

Cons

It is good for smaller teams but lacks features (both no. of features and the depth of features) which are required by large organizations.

Response from 2Book

Replied October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Vijay. As you indicate, Massagebook's primary focus has been providing the best solution for small to mid sized massage and bodywork businesses to simplify the day to day management of tasks and scheduling - as well as to increase income for practices using MassageBook. As we look ahead to 2020, look for us to grow our software to handle the needs of larger and more complicated businesses.

Gail from Your Health Matters

Such amazing functionality that my practice is busting at the seams!

MassageBook allows me to have one place for all my clients' information. Their contact info, their past and upcoming appointments, notes (like if they want heat on the table or not), SOAP notes, and intake forms all in one place! Their marketing experts have driven SO MUCH traffic to my website that I am temporarily not accepting new clients! The client can use MassageBook to request an appointment themselves; no more phone tag and more time in the studio!! For $0 or even just a few dollars a month, this software is a dream come true!

Pros

Easy to get started with it day 1, easy to book my clients or have them book themselves, online SOAP notes and intake forms, somebody else marketing traffic to my website, the inexpensive cost, PC and iPhone capabale. It saves me so much time!

Cons

It has capability for other practitioners and other locations that I don't need.

Andrew from Andrew Foster RMT

Software updates and functionality that is fluid and ongoing

It is an ongoing thing. but for the most part it has been good software.

Pros

With the help of Technical support and feedback, I like that the staff are open to suggestions that increase functionality and will create a support ticket so they can implement software upgrades

Cons

I think it could be more streamlined, simpler to use but i do like the fact that there are videos one can refer to around most topics requiring help.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

It had a lot of what I was looking for.

Reasons for Switching to MassageBook

I needed a company that could integrate, booking, payment, scheduling, client interaction, and future updates related to massage therapists suggestions. Could be more Canada friendly however around payment, points etc.

My clients love MassageBook! I Love MassageBook!

I have loved this program and often tell other practitioners about it. It is well worth the money. It links to easy payment options and is simple to run reports on as well. There is so much to love about this program!

Pros

Using other booking agents does not compare to this one for massage therapists! This has great features for building businesses and email campaigns. My clients get automated emails for the intake form, and reminders for appointments. I love that I can keep their information together along with SOAP notes and the app flags me for contraindications. I also love the text I get when clients schedule as well as the pre-payment option for clients.

Cons

I would love to see more customization abilities for email campaigns as well as options for SMS campaigns.

Reasons for Choosing MassageBook

I loved the features this one had in comparison to the others along with price options.

Michelle from One Step Away Day Spa & Clinic LLC

Superior Customer Support!

I have a new love for online booking! I used to be afraid of the people who booked..need I say more... But MassageBook has done some features that help me proceed without feeling anxious over this by utilizing toggle and prepaid option, deterring a lot of badd apples!

Pros

Whenever we needed guidance or help in any way, they were right there, going above the chat inline and asking if calling us would be better! You never get human response anymore,and to go the extra mile and then another two for us was extremely appreciated! We love the easy function of online chat!

Cons

Sometimes the upgrades were done, but it's my fault for not checking the email for when they did the ,so it was surprised event, but usually a good one..os that a con...not really;)

Jada from Transformational Abdominal Massage

The interface is quite incredible, sometimes hard dealing with customer service.

In most ways, it's been better than my FullSlate experience which offered not very much for the same price I'm now paying for MassageBook with such wonderful features potentially once things are ironed out.

Pros

Massagebook has excellent potential, they offer many functions other scheduling systems don't have for a fair price, ie the SOAP charts, sending out emails after the client's session to ask for reviews and the way it takes in payment information when you take a check you can add the check # along with it. It's a clean, straightforward aesthetic that I like.

Cons

It's brilliant and yet...and yet they don't have things simplified the execution is lacking like when a person is in a package/series, for example, a package of 3 sessions, instead of showing 1 of 3 2 of 3 3 of 3 It reads as "0 of 3" 2 of 3 3 of 3 Having the zero at the start of a package indicates to me that the person hasn't any sessions left. In this system zero indicates all 3 sessions are available and that it's the start. So confusing! Also, depending on what field you're in, it may not show where the person is in the package at all and if your using the app, it mixes them up, an issue they're trying to work on now but boy is it ever confusing looking at the different numbers and trying to sort out just where your client really is in the package. Also, navigation of how to do things isn't always easy to sort out.

Keith from Russellville Massage Clinic

Great features and functionality for a new therapist but... Experienced therapists it's lacking

The free version of the software is packed full of front line features including preset website, easy scheduler features and basic soap notes. Customer Services is eager to listen and the software is evolving. Does have some reporting capabilities and keeping track of clients is typical of online booking software. Overall, for a new therapist of for someone that is taking their business to an online scheduler it is useful.

Pros

If you are a new therapist or just now going online with your scheduler this software is a nice start. Clean slick interface designed for the therapist that doesn't have much experience with business operations. Typical online scheduler with a few embedded features that can help. Easy front end features that you can use to get up in running quickly. Customer support is always friendly and seems to listen which is a huge plus. It comes with a preset website and if you want to take credit cards and gift cards they have teamed up with Stripe online processing. You can embed massage book into your social media accounts to take appointments as well as start and maintain email campaigns.

Cons

Key back office features cannot be customized and lack user friendly capabilities . Still have to get out the adding machine. NO VOID Button! Features are preset and the idea behind customizing your in take forms, soap notes, and website are very, very limited for the price of premium subscription. Furthermore, the premium price relays very heavily on emails. Text reminders are okay but you don't know if the client ever receives those alerts. Lacks accountability for therapist to client interaction through the online experience. My clients don't like it and still call to schedule an appointment. I have done by part to integrate my website (personality I hate their preset website), and my social media accounts. I will not set up another credit card account. I use square which should be an option. Overall, if you are a new to the online scheduling world it is a good start. Seasoned business owners will have issues paying for a premium service they cannot tailor to their needs. Customer Service takes everything under advisement and states they are working on it. Which I am sure they are. For me I am downgrading to the free version until either improvements are made or I find something better for the money.