All MassageBook Reviews

Hannah

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

Love this program, have used since the beginning

Reviewed January 2019

Just What I Need To Manage My Practice

I think that Massagebook really - and quite brilliantly - crosses the chasm that is often never, truly crossed by many companies out there: they connect the ever-ellusive Benefits of [a] Service with its Features. They are massage therapy practitioner-centric - we are their Clients (as well as their Customers) - delivering functional, beautiful, intuitive, and comprehensive services that are needed and desired most by massage therapy practitioners. I stay because I feel like they have and continue to develop the software Just For Me. I like that :D

PROS

Massagebook is a complete software solution for my sole-proprietorship - detailed reports and appropriate and sane-levels of engagement with my clients are both built into Massagebook, two very important aspects of running my business. Their mobile-accessibility - for both business-owner and its customers - is impeccable. The marketing and promotional components are integrated very well into the CMS function. Their payment portal only gets better and better - rates are fair, Referral Fees (from MB-domain-originated promotion, of which I have garnered several New customers) are nominal. Their business Goals of making things "easy" is apparent in their Customer Service: knowledgeable, persistent, easily- and readily-accessible, and in the new Features they roll out on a regular basis. The cost for their service is definitely worth paying - basically: it pays for itself in the time & money it saves me doing it "the old way". I feel like everyone at Massagebook cares about the success of my massage therapy practice - from the regular emails from rep and the Massagebook Team to their blogs about How To maximize the use and benefits of the software to make my practice management Better, I learn more and more not only How to use the software, but also Why. They've really nailed down Delivering Value, and I am a loyal customer because I know they're interaction with me as a customer helps me be a better massage therapist AND businessperson.

CONS

As with most software subscriptions out there, there are features that I could use more of in my practice - but Massagebook is ALWAYS working to make the current ones Better and develop new ones for the benefit of the majority of its users. Over the 5 years I've been with Massagebook, they always seem to come through, albeit at the cost of time. I will always wish for a Perfect Product, and the Massagebook Team has and will always rise to the challenge by hearing my suggestions and requests and moving toward a more-efficient and easy software to use.

Tone

Reviewed March 2024

A Must Have For Any Massage Therapists!

My overall experience is that MassageBook is a fabulous massage therapy software. It is more than just a booking service. Also, MassageBook offers more than one plan which might make things easier. I highly recommend MassageBook to any massage therapist nonetheless if you are just starting out, or if you are a seasoned massage therapist. Using MassageBook, you will not be sorry.

PROS

What I like the most about MassageBook is the ease of use for both me and my clients. The customer service is superb. If you have an issue, you can call them and if you are unable to speak with anyone, they will call you back the next day. Although some people might find MassageBook a little limited, still, I believe that MassageBook has the the most important features that a massage therapist needs to run a successful massage therapy business, especially for the ones who are just starting out. MassageBook is also a massage therapist directory, and believe me, you will be found!

CONS

There aren't much to say really, other than that I wish they offered booking options for yoga classes, workshops, and courses. I also wish that MassageBook would offer room rentals.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

For what MassageBook is offering, I find this booking software easy to use, it is cost effective, and the customer service is outstanding, especially in comparison to other booking services I have either used and/or tried.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

I found MindBody way too expensive for what they offered as well as not being upfront about some critical issues.

Ryan

Reviewed January 2024

Great Resource

PROS

It’s very convenient and easy to use. Highly recommended

CONS

I wish it would display previous client visits more prominently

Hey Ryan! Thanks for the great review! If you've not already shared with our team, please let us know where you'd like to see previous client visits more prominently. We do have a feature on the desktop and mobile app to autofill appointment details based on previous visit information. If you want to see something specific, let us know and we'll walk you through either a current solution or we'll get it documented for an update! Thanks for choosing MassageBook for your practice.

Replied January 2024

Adam

Reviewed May 2023

Massagebook Experience

PROS

Massagebook is a great intro program for users starting to be self-employed. It is a very simple layout and easy to understand how to use.

CONS

Massagebook has very limited options for different practioners (eg. osteopath, kinesiologist)The SOAP notes format are low quality and non-customizable, you could not make your own intake forms, support rarely assisted me with any issue when I had one. Would not recommend to anyone except a beginner in their industry.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

Much better product and had solutions to all the issues I had with massagebook.

Hi Adam! Thank you for your honest review here sharing your experience. I'm happy to share that in early February, we launched a 100% fully customizable intake form feature: https://www.massagebook.com/marketing/customizable-massage-therapy-client-intake-forms/. While our target market is massage therapists, we do have thousands of providers offering non-massage services on the platform. I'd love the opportunity to reconnect with you and help you try out some of these features at no cost, including the intake forms, and ensure you have a tailored and helpful customer service experience. If you're interested, please send an email to support@massagebook.com Attn:Rachel and I'll be happy to connect you with our Senior Advocate. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you and your clients well! Have a wonderful day and I hope to hear from you soon.

Replied May 2023

Molly Lou

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A Real Bang for Your Buck!

MassageBook has been a great tool for our Massage Business. The functionality, integration, and ease-of-use of the system is unmatched in our eyes. We spent a fair amount of time researching various business management platforms we could use prior to investing, and we have not regretted choosing MassageBook once!

PROS

MassageBook is intuitive to use with easy access to video tutorials and customer support. The website integration is great for our business needs and integration with Square (for processing payments) has been invaluable for us. More than the ease of use and operational properties, however, we couldn't be more impressed with MassageBook's customer service team. We were easily able to schedule a Google Meet call with a representative and share our screen with them to have a personalized walk-through of important business functions for us! It took the fear out of the process of starting our business!

CONS

The only small feature I wish MassageBook had so far is an option to export your schedule without having client information show up (in instance where you want to share the blocks of time that you are busy, but don't want to disclose any client information). We were able to, however, find a simple workaround with the help of the wonderful customer support team!

Reason for choosing MassageBook

The seamless integration of having a website, HIPPA compliant client records, access to intake forms and SOAP notes, a mobile management platform, etc. (the list could literally go on). MassageBook quite honestly checked all our business needs AND offered a simple graphic user interface with accessible customer support.

JoElle

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Great simple software for massage therapists!

Overall I am pleased with MassageBook and have been using it for about 5 years. I have looked at other software but there seems to be something lacking in every software and all the others are at a much higher price point. MassageBook also has helped me grow my business since everyone using it is listed online in the MassageBook directory and they show your reviews as well as your own customized profile. MassageBook has great chart notes and easy scheduling and reminders. I would highly recommend MassageBook to any small massage therapy business. I think it may be too limited for larger businesses if financial tracking is important.

PROS

MassageBook is affordable and easy to use. I run my business using MassageBook and I love that I can schedule and do SOAP notes from the app or online. The SOAP notes can be as simple or complex as you like and there is the option to chart by drawing or just text. When scheduling new patients they can automatically be emailed intake /health history and consent forms to complete before the appointment and become part of the chart within MassageBook. One of my favorite features is that you can automatically send a request for a review 24 hours after each appointment and the review is added to your profile which has been great for my business. Making the review process so easy for patients helps the feedback return rate tremendously. They also have a widget to add to your own website that will allow the reviews to populate on your site. I have other businesses ask me how I get so many reviews, and MassageBook and the automatic review request email is the reason.

CONS

Terrible financial tracking cape abilities. I haven’t used the financials portion in a while so I don’t remember the specific limitations but it is VERY basic and difficult to customize reports. The schedule view inside the app can be frustrating because it always defaults back to the current 2 week period after taking any action and I wish there was a month view of the schedule.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

Initially MassageBook was free with an ABMP membership and I was just starting out and they seemed to have most things I needed. I figured it couldn’t hurt to try it since it was free at that time.

Luke

Reviewed February 2024

Long time user

Overall the experience has been good. It is easy to use and the tech support is good. Slow on improvements and upgrades to release fixes and new features due to the size of the company. However, the package of features offered for the price can't be beat and far out weighs the lag time on new releases for me. I have easily been able to run my practice with this software when I was doing mobile massage and now that I am fully in office. They offer an unbeatable product that creates my website, online booking, sells gift certificates online, tracks packages/memberships, client database, email and text reminders, online intake forms, sales reports, their online reviews engine has generated nearly 200 reviews for me effortlessly, etc. Can't imagine running my business without MB.

PROS

Software created specifically for MASSAGE THERAPISTS. Not a spa, gym, or appointment based business. It is an all in one platform. It provides tons features that you can't beat the price and simplicity of it all. I have shopped around and compared every option for a small massage therapy practice and this platform is by far the best deal for what you pay. It is pretty efficient and simplifies things for me. The live tech support is great. To get everything they offer I would have to use multiple platforms and pay more than double the price. The intake forms are missing in most of the competitors platforms which is a huge issue for me. I use MB for 90% of my business plus Quickbooks for accounting.

CONS

When there is a bug in the software, it takes a long time for them to fix it. They will try to fix it fast and provide work arounds but they aren't a huge company so it takes them a while to release updates to fix things. The caveat to this is I haven't ran into a bug that really effected my day to day work enough to make me switch software companies. I have been happy enough with the software to patiently wait for them to get the bug worked out. However, it can be frustrating when it takes a while for them to fix things. If they could speed up the releases and bug fixes that would make the software truly remarkable.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

As previously stated, the combination of features is unbeatable. No other software offers so many features for this price point especially with the AMTA discount for members. Each one I looked at was missing something that MassageBook offered or it was an add on for more money. Or they offered it in an inefficient manner. For example with Acuity you can have them fill out an intake form online at the time of scheduling but if they don't book online then you can't email them a link to fill out the form so that forces them to book online. With Massagebook, I can email them the form if they book by phone or by texting me. Other softwares nickel and dime you for these features. These people understand LMT's and what we need and they created a software just for us. There's no platform like it.

gerry

Reviewed April 2024

MassageBook is close to Perfect

The absolute best value for the money. Those who put the platform together really thought it all through splendidly.

PROS

Customer support team. when I call the support team number, I am speaking with an intelligent person within minutes and often within seconds. Rare these days to get such perfect support.

CONS

Not a dislike really, but the platform does take a while to learn all the ins and outs. for example I only just found out that the business hours you set are NOT the hours clients can book online -- and people were booking outside of my normal business hours well into the evening which I didn't want. I figured out this was because i didn't know I had to align my hours as an available massage therapist with the business hours.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

Don't remember exactly but recall it had something to do with that it failed to change my password properly when I "forgot" it. Inexcusable, but it might have been a one-off glitch. Also, BookedIn is in Canada and while I like Canadians a lot, it is more comfortable that the service I use now is in the USA

Carolyn

Booking made easy

I absolutely love massage book and have referred 2 of my colleagues even though they didn’t put me down as a referral I’m glad they signed up

PROS

The ease of transfer and the soap notes , the soap notes are my favorite

CONS

Just taking the time to get it set up and entering all the information was tedious but worth it

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

Easier to use by far and way more affordable

Meg

Reviewed March 2024

Excellence in action - MassageBook highly recommended, I'm extremely delighted!

Love the top of the line choices. Client connection and loyalty amplified by their emails & text communication and exceptional, flexible marketing strategies.

PROS

Ease of use, detailed options, flexible documentation. Most of all, consistent, professional Customer Support team - 100% - Thank you all!

CONS

I didn't start sooner, I wish I had because my website feedback now is wonderful!

Reason for choosing MassageBook

Awesome anatomical charting I can write on. company seems to continue improving and seem very personable. As I stated above, ease of use, options, flexible documentation. Most of all, consistent, professional Customer Support team - 100% - Thank you all!

Ramona

Reviewed January 2024

Overall Good Booking System

PROS

It was easy to set up, and its easy to use. I really like how helpful customer service is.

CONS

Customers cant select multiple serives for one appointment. The Square card readers do not work with Massage Book from your laptop. I had to purchase two subscriptions because I have two office locations.

Thank you for the review, Ramona! We're glad that you've been pleased with the customer service and with the product. If Square releases the ability to integrate the readers with a desktop site for their third-party integration partners, we will definitely explore it! But, at this time we have to work within the development constraints that we are given there. I do apologize for any confusion or frustration. Have an amazing day!

Replied January 2024

Julie

Reviewed June 2024

A great help for keeping track of clients

PROS

The ability to find clients easily. Also, it's easy to enter a new client into the recordkeeping file

CONS

I didn't find anything I didn't like about MassageBook

There was a Discount given to AMTA members

Sandy

Reviewed April 2022

Business Management tool

Overall experience with MassageBook - excellent!

PROS

What I like most about this software: Online booking, ease of scheduling, SOAP Notes available, accounting, text and email reminders for my clients, intake form available online for clients. I have been using Massagebook almost as long as they have been in business and I have seen how they are constantly making improvements and their desire to aide in building Massage business' for the small business owners who are growing their massage practice. User friendly, help features available to navigate the MassageBook software or quick response time to answering questions, and always making improvements.

CONS

Recently MassageBook changed the intake form to include Non-binary as a sex choice without notification. This does NOT fit my business model! I sought out customer service regarding this matter recently to ask that either they remove the choice of sex all together or remove non-binary option; the response was non-committal regarding that issue but only stated that they are currently working on a customized intake feature for the business owner. But not that the business owner will be able to customize that sex choice feature. I am still considering whether or not I want to cancel my MassageBook subscription over this issue since as up until now I have found MassageBook so user friendly. I am waiting to see if this will be addressed in the near future. It will be difficult to change back to Full Slate if non-binary is still on the client intake form but it is that important to me if changes are not made.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

The same reason I made the switch mentioned in the above comment area.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

I switched since the features provided by MassageBook are so much more vast and conducive to building and maintaining my business; providing great marketing tools, accounting tools, SOAP notes and internet visibility, (scheduling is a breeze). My clients like it and so do I. This is my only website now as I found that I no longer need my own personal website anymore as a tool to direct clients to an online scheduling option.

Toby

Reviewed July 2022

This is more software than most need, at a price you can't resist.

This software has helped me turn my 8-9 hour days into literally 5-6 hour days, simply from the automation of the processes we usually go through as massage therapists. It would take a very egregious error to make me give this software up for any others.

PROS

The easiest way to track, account for, review, and update all clients & data in our database. I can use this software as a FULL suite of accounting, scheduling, and even a review-system for clients to respond to how well you are doing as a massage studio!

CONS

The only issue we've had thus far is simply signing back in, about the least worrisome thing possible. We have our accounts logged into several devices, so sometimes we get a login-request. No big deal.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

Every reason. MassageBook offered more of everything, with greater ease, at much less cost.

Lisa

Reviewed February 2020

Worst experience ever

I wouldn’t recommend this company or system at all. If you become a user you might as well start flushing your money.

PROS

Nothing. Literally made the mistake of becoming a user only because it was the cheapest and have an “appointment only option for spa hours.

CONS

Everything. The functionality is the worst I’ve ever seen and I’ve used 5 different scheduling systems over the years. Not to mention the customer support is the worst of any company I’ve come in contact.

Reasons for switching to MassageBook

Appointment only option for spa hours on website

Lisa, You're well known among our support team for your extreme profanity and abusive attitude. While I'm very sorry that we weren't able to meet your standards, I do feel your review is not only unfair, but also misleading. I realize that this was the intention, and hope that readers are smart enough to rely on the overwhelmingly positive reviews we've received over the years and the fact that over 8,000 practices across the US, its territories and even Canada are happy customers.

Replied February 2020

Sherri

Reviewed December 2019

Excellent Product and Service

I’m able to focus on other areas of my business because people can book online. They are also able to book appointments while the therapists are in session and can’t speak with them directly. I also love the marketing and reporting features they offer, making tax time easier.

PROS

It’s ease of use for both the internal users along with the client experience. I hear all the time how clients love our online booking.

CONS

I’d like to see more functionality in their mobile interface but they are always making improvements across all their platforms.

Reason for choosing MassageBook

It was a much better price point through my massage insurance membership, along with the features they offer and that it is designed by people who have actually done massage and understand our industry.

Aj