All Meevo Reviews

Sandra

Individual & Family Services, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Meevo Review: Truly Helps Us Everyday.

Mary Beth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Best software for our Salon and Spas!

I am very happy with the Meevo software and customer support we receive. The training is easy and convenient, which helps to get new hires using it quickly!

PROS

How easy it is to use the software. I like being able to customize things. But mostly the customer service is outstanding!

CONS

I honestly cant think of anything! The only I dont like, is when my receptionists dont use the corect client name and make a new one! But it is easy to fix, by using intelli merge or manual merge of duplicate clients.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Meevo was better with more updates. Our Millenium was out dated

Thanks Mary Beth! We appreciate the kind words and love that you're enjoying Meevo's customization and how it adapts to your business!

Melinda

Perfect Software

Overall, love the Meevo software. So easy to use and once you learn all the features it makes life so easy!

PROS

Meevos ease of use is one of the best things. Easy to train employees to do scheduling. Lots of helpful features to walk you through things and also excellent customer support. Analytical reports are great

CONS

Wish it had everything we need in one software instead of more add ons.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Millenium was not going to be available anymore

Thanks Melinda! Love hearing you find Meevo user-friendly & it empowers your team! We're here if you ever need anything.

Michelle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Meevo 2 - A Work in Progress

PROS

- The software is fully internet based and didn't require specific equipment. - It promised better features from a franchise point of view

CONS

- We were one of the first companies on board and the regular updates and releases caused a lot of confusion and a lot of problems for us. The updates didn't come with details on what was changed or how. And if we had all our settings in place and those settings were involved in an update, everything was changed around (ie things that were "on" prior to the update, were turned "off" during the update). However we were never notified and had to find out what had changed when we ran into problems. This caused confusion not only for us, but for our franchisees and guests. - The reporting is flawed. We have spent hours upon hours on the phone with support, development, management, etc trying to help correct the reporting issues. To date we still don't have a sales or accounting report that we can rely on to provide accurate data. Everything requires a supporting report and/or manual calculations. - The support team is difficult to utilize as you aren't assigned a specific support contact therefore you're constantly explaining the same thing(s) over and over again when you call in to obtain a status, start a new support ticket, etc.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Cost, along with the fact that we are a franchise and Meevo promised better functionality from the franchise side of things.

Brianne

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Great Software

Meevo customer service is very helpful and quick to resolve issues. Overall it is such an easy system to use. I like that is is really dialed in to our industry.

PROS

We have used other online systems and Meevo is so easy. Guided walk through steps, great reporting system.

CONS

I wish they had a built in referral program, not a points system.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Mindbody was very expensive and half of it we didn't need for our clinic and some things we needed, but they didn't have.

It's great to hear that Meevo is easy to use and helps you with reporting, Brianne! Our team is always here when you need us!

Ellen

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Good system

Easy to use, easy to see and customize. Enjoy that the confirmations are automatic

PROS

Scheduling is easy and we like the ease of being able to customize each appointment

CONS

Not being able to completely change a transaction! Occasionally we have to void and redo the whole transaction..

Reasons for switching to Meevo

For more efficiency and being able to use an online platform

Thanks for the review, Ellen! We're happy to hear scheduling is easy with Meevo and that you enjoy the appointment customization.

Jessica

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

newer user review

Its working for us, we are still trying to implement all of the functions of the software, I do feel like more 1 on 1 training could be done with a live person after the training modules.

PROS

I like that there are so many options for client points and promotions.

CONS

How much time it actually takes to set up a new client ticket, and the order of steps it takes.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

They didnt have all of the options and reports we were looking for and with meevo we can use our PM points

Thanks, Jessica! Happy to hear you're enjoying Meevo's client points and promotions features.

Michelle

Worth the investment!

Easy for staff to learn and use. Even for our non technical staff.

PROS

Customizable to suit your salons needs/preferences.

CONS

Not being able to edit a transaction after its closed. Have to void and make a new ticket.

To move to a Cloud based system. More capabilities

We're glad to hear that Meevo was easy for your staff to learn how to use and that you're enjoying the customizations, Michelle!

Leah

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Meevo - Pros & Cons

We have been so incredibly please with Meevo and look forward to growing our business knowing that Meevo continues to develop and grow with their users. The support is absolutely wonderful! They really work to resolve the issues a quick as possible and they continue to educate us along the way!

PROS

We love that Meevo is a one stop shop! Meevo, covers just about every area of your business from clients, services, inventory, revenue reporting, marketing and so much more! We love that they partner with other vendors to enhance their platform as well as ours.

CONS

There are a few areas with-in Meevo that need improvement, but the list is relatively small compared to what the over-all POS can do. The reporting and inventory are the two areas that could use improvement. I feel that it would be helpful to hear from the users in order to enhance both reports and inventory.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Updated to a newer and more complex system.

Love hearing how Meevo is a one-stop shop for running your business, Leah!

christie

Meevo-a busy salon's friend

Great tool to have in a bust salon-for the most part user friendly. More importantly, customer service is GREAT! When I need help, they are there to assist in a professional polite manner.

PROS

Meevo is very easy to use for its appointment book and client data base. I is very easy to find information and pull from for marketing.

CONS

Reports can be a bit more user friendly-better explanations, easier to find.

Had Millenium and transitioned over to Meevo

Glad to hear Meevo helps you run your busy salon, Christie! Our team is always here when you need us!

Replied April 2024

Shelly

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Meevo review

It is average, so many things I would do differently

PROS

Online bookings are able to see from your phone

CONS

Too many steps to get anywhere, from fonts to get to your day it’s too much

Thank you for the feedback, Shelly. We're always interested in hearing how we can make Meevo even better, so please submit any ideas in our 'Ideas Portal' within Meevo.

Palacia

Individual & Family Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Meevo 2 is the Perfect Choice!

My overall experience with Meevo 2 have been a great one. Millennium's Technical Support Teams has always provided me with excellent customer service. They are very helpful and friendly. They have handle my concerns and challenges with great solutions in a timely manner. And most importantly, they have kindly work with me in a patient manner, despite my challenges of not being so tech savvy. However, I am now functioning very well with the information and education that they have provided. I am so much more confident when utilizing my new tech skills that I am now willing and able to assist others.

PROS

I love that this software is affordable and very easy to use. It has definitely cut my work load in half and helped me to organize more efficiently. I am able to offer my guest the best options possible by using the appointment scheduler, client intake forms, client profile history, appointment text and email communications, online booking feature, and I am able to do excellent email marketing through the use of their add-on integrations.

CONS

What I think would be a great addition to Meevo 2 is to create a feature that would allow you to forward your pre-scheduled clients appointments for one week, and then reschedule them to the following week in one step. It would make it a lot easier instead of having to reschedule each client individually. Another great addition would be to create a security feature for online booking that would allow you to verify the email of the user by sending a verification link to the email they have provided to set up their online account, prior to permitting access to online booking. This will provide better protection for your appointment book. Integrations with other apps work very well, but perhaps additional information in the help section on what not to do and why, may prove to be quite useful. This would decrease the need for further assistance.

Reason for choosing Meevo

I had worked for other successful salon& day spas that have utilized both Millennium software and Meevo 2, and I have found that this company is the best. Excellent in customer service, great in providing options that fit your budget, equips their customers with continuing education for their product, and webinars for the latest trends, tips, and facts for my industry. And they follow up with me to see how am I doing and if I need further assistance. They are always doing their best to keep me at my best and I greatly appreciate it! Even my clients are thrilled about it being so easy for them to use as well! I can honest say that my business has grown because of it! I look forward to the future of what Meevo 2 will be able to do better and more.

kaysie

Reviewed June 2023

Hair Solutions MEEVO review

5 star! We love it.

PROS

It is high functioning and we love that MEEVO keeps updating with new efficient features that are essential. I love that they take customers feedback and requests and actually implements them. We have a large 50 employee salon company so it's important that it works quickly because we're very fast paced. Also, anytime we do call MEEVO for questions they usually answer quickly and assist.

CONS

It would be nice to be able to mark an appt a NO SHOW but then have the choice to delete it, so we can run a report and look how many no shows we've had, but not keep the "unchecked out" appt in the books so we can open it up and book in other guests if we had the opportunity. Also, we've had HUGE problem with inventory because we've marked thousands of dollars of inventory discontinued or deleted it without "zeroing" it out first in inventory count. Then we found out it messed up our inventory reports for our accountant and had to undelete $50k + worth of inventory to zero them out first. If we hit discontinued on a product, a pop up question like "would you like us to zero out this inventory for you?" would be GREAT!

Reasons for switching to Meevo

It was a dinosaur and all of their reports were a pain. We like to evolve as our industry does.

Great to hear your Salon is able to utilize Meevo to its fullest! Our team is always here whenever you have a question!

Replied June 2023

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Meevo review

PROS

This POS has a lot of features. Some that I don't use but that's ok. The company is doing upgrades every quarter or so to make the product better.

CONS

They need to get rid of worldpay as their merchant account processor.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

Booker didn't have the features I needed to grow at the time I switched. Mindbody became to expensive at the time I was trying to grow.

Happy to have you part of the Meevo family, Michael. Our team is here to help as you business grows!

Replied November 2022

Danielle

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The BEST Salon/ Spa Software

Love everything about this software - including the customer service. same day replies is CRUCIAL on busy days, and Meevo has that!

PROS

I love the functionality and how user friendly the software is. A new hire can learn the software very quickly which is very helpful.

CONS

I would say the cost - we utilize a lot of add ons as well, so it is a costly monthly expense - however we would not be able to run our company as well as we do without it.

Reason for choosing Meevo

Best overall product, most features, best reporting options, best customer service.

We're happy to hear that Meevo is user-friendly and has the best reporting and customer service, Danielle! We appreciate your business and love seeing your success with Meevo!

Replied April 2022

Angela

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great software, needs some fundamental upgrades

Benefits are online booking, storing credit cards with our cancellation policy and it’s keeping clients committed to there appointment or they cancel with advance notice. We love all the notifications clients get, the option to opt in or out of text messages.

PROS

The intricacy of options and ability to manipulate appointment timing and service, service providers, extensive options for a lot of different things. Also love the reports. I do deeply wish it will be made into an app and not a link. I believe the functionality of an app would be a lot faster and and stronger when using a phone.

CONS

It lacks a few functions. It’s compatible with iPad but can be very slow. Definitely works better on desktop however, our business does not utilize a receptionist and we like to keep everything mobile. When launching, you can upload a client list but only one time per-launch. When I opened I was alone for the first 3 months, when I onboarded my next two stylists I was not able to upload there client list. A feature other salon softwares at any time. So now we are not able to track who is new to the salon because all clients are being added as new. The features for classifying what type of client is also not broad. There is only “walk-in or request or redo”. There should be an option for “New” meaning new to the salon, not a walk in and there should also be “new request” these are all important categories to track where clients are coming from to make predictions. The biggest shortfall is when a client cancels online, it does not notify the salon. We have to visually be on top of checking for the square color. There are so many notification options there should definitely be an email notification at least to notify the salon or employee that was booked. Lastly, the client email list is only for the last 90 days. When downloading a client list, it would be great if we could have the whole history not 90 days. We have clients that don’t come in as frequently as 90 days and they will miss our emails.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

I wanted more options for everything. Mostly appointment timing manipulation and being able to schedule other services with different service providers all in one appointment booking.

Petra

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Always thinking ahead of the business needs!

Love the company and love the team. Not only is the team helpful, but they also seem to really truly enjoy their jobs and even get excited about all the things that they do! Top rated inspiring experience to work with them!!!

PROS

They always search for the latest in business needs! I don't always know the latest in technology and what the consumer wants, because I am working 24/7. The team lets me know the latest and greatest that will build my business without adding more employees that I can't afford. They make it seem like I have a team working behind the scene! The amazing thing is that it is SO affordable!!!! I could not run and operate a small business to the level that I do without the Meevo System! No Way!! I am grateful every day that I was somehow lucky enough to have made the right decision to implement this system! I know that I have saved money by working with people that know how to run bigger businesses. Learn from the best and be in the company of those who have gone before you!

CONS

That it can't read my mind! LOL! Never mind... it can

Reason for choosing Meevo

I trusted the team of [SENSITIVE CONTENT] since I began as an educator in the 80's. I have been dedicated to the company and trusted them at their word.

Reasons for switching to Meevo

I needed a Salon specific product that would understand my needs instead of trying to manipulate the POS system to fit my needs. It never had any kind of flow and I couldn't teach any employee how to use it. It was my own made up rules to adjust everything!!! It was my small business nightmare! Working harder not smarter!!

We appreciate the thoughtful words, Petra! We love hearing about how Meevo helps you run your salon. Thank you for being part of the community!

Replied May 2022