• Pros

• "easy to use, easy to learn and very functional "

• "I like the ease of use, reporting features are great, and overall experience is excellent. I also like the fact that I can be anywhere in the world and log into my account."

• "This software is really fast and loads much quickly. It is very user friendly and you can toggle between fields quickly."

• Cons

• "When going deeper into editing, it can get a bit confusing, but it is easy to learn what steps you have to take to edit a particular piece of a page. "

• "Though it is a great software, customer service staffs are not well trained and not very knowledgeable about the product."

• "The learning curve could be a little high, but once you learn the basics is super easy to use."

Browse NetSuite Reviews

Alvaro from Koombea

Great ERP

Help us at a time we were growing the company, so right now we are more efficient and have real time data because of Netsuite.

Pros

- Very Robust and Fully customizable - Have an API and so connect with third party and other tools you use internally can be definitely doable. - Multiple currencies, locations and internationalization help you when you have to access in different subsidiaries - Have great tools for making reports The support have been great the last 2 or 3 times I used it.

Cons

- Sometimes tends to be slow, It seems like that was a problem with the implementation but in general it feel slow. - The UI looks old, but does what you need. - The documentation is really heavy and sometimes is hard to find things there.

Mark from LanzaTech

Industry: Renewables & Environment

NetSuite Review

NetSuite has served as well as a full-feature ERP system. We can manage many aspects of our business all in one system including managing projects, recording timesheets, order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, internal case support, CRM, and more. I feel that NetSuite is much easier to learn and more intuitive than other systems, but it still requires time to set the system up for a company's individual needs. NetSuite is set up for wide-ranging customizations, but in many cases these customizations are necessary to get the full benefit of the program. Our time investments in NetSuite have paid off, but the program definitely requires a lot of love to adapt to the changing needs of the business.

Pros

I really like the user-friendly appearance of NetSuite, especially compared to other older systems. I think the appearance makes NetSuite inviting and accessible. In general, the program is easy to learn, and NetSuite does multiple updates every year to add to the features.

Cons

There are times where it feels like features are inexplicably absent from NetSuite. Users have the ability to submit enhancement requests, but it can take years before these are implemented. Additionally, tech support can be hit and miss on providing effective solutions to problems.

Kalid from GlobalGeeks Inc.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Biggest SCAM!!!

Netsuite is very heavy on misleading sales. The sales rep will lie and tell you that they will help you accomplish what you need but all are empty promises. They referred us to a 3rd party to add serialized inventory feature and our on-boarding team was behind and when their 6-8 week period approached, they left us with an undiminished product and we had to figure everything out on our own. My recommendation is to not trust the sales or implementation team. If they tell you something verbally, make sure they follow up with an email and make them sign documents. They will lie and they will trick you and mislead you. One of the most unprofessional teams I have every worked with. You will find yourself paying for add-ons constantly and there is absolutely no transparency. Whenever I contacted our account manager to present a problem or concern, she tried to sell me another module. Why can't you fix our current issue before you try to make me pay for something else. Please do your research before you find yourself stuck in a contract with a bunch of misleading employees that won't even respond to your email or try to address your concerns. I have escalated the problem to upper management and they failed to provide us with any solutions. I highly recommend you find another company that is more transparent and easy to work with. Netsuite is extremely commercialized and there is no personal customer experience whatsoever. I give Netsuite 1-2 out of 10

Pros

Our former software provided us with more features and allowed for easier/zero to little cost customization.

Cons

The smallest customiation requires an expert and with that comes an expense. Netsuite has been the second largest expense our company has after payroll. The sales team was very misleading and they tricked us when we purchased the software. We presented our former software and their response was always "Netsuite can do that." We later came to find out that yes Netsuite can do it but it comes with an associated cost. Also, the difficulty of reaching customer support is very frustrating. We were talked into purchasing premium support which is as useless as regular support. You still have to wait. You have to submit a case and wait for someone to email you back and fourth about the issue to then tell you they can't help you and you have to pay a 3rd party to accomplish what you need. Netsuite has been the biggest disappointment for our staff and company.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Becuase the sales team convinced me that Netsuite will be able to exceed what our former software did but that was false. It took us near a year to finally implement because we had no guidance and the netsuite team kept falling behind schedule on deliverables. The software was very costly and the delays really hurt our business

Tony from Hamilton Deed

all in one solution

Pros

customisability to suit needs of our growing business

Cons

cost to set up and run and for employees to be able to successfully use

recommendation intially

Mariana from Arcellx, Inc

Industry: Biotechnology

Pros and Cons - Don't fall for their sale pitch

- The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays. -The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team. - They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver. - Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.

Pros

- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc. - The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate; - The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn; - The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.

Cons

Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples: 1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field. 2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project. 3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases. In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.

- Price - Timing to complete implementation - visual layout of software

Arthur from Swedish T

Industry: Wholesale

Extremely robust and customizable, yet archaic, poor interface, and too expensive.

Pros

The ability to customize just about anything your organization wants is rewarding. And if you are willing to spend, you can have your system fit your business processes like a glove. Integration apps, along with native functionality of workflows can put your business in a “semi-autopilot mode.” Practically limitless reporting capabilities. You can manage almost every aspect of the your organization while enforcing internal controls and monitoring employees with full visibility. I would recommend for enterprises with no less than 8M in sales and with at least 8 or more users to leverage the full functionality of this role-based system. Netsuite is built to fit the needs of each role within your organization, from the sales rep and warehouse manager to the A/R clerk and controller.

Cons

Nasty corporate culture. No accountability for system issues, error, or outages. Sneaky contracts that will hook you with discounts and raise fees exorbitantly after your are stuck with your data and huge conversion costs. Nightmarish implementation that Netsuite outsources to foreign “professional” services that know pretty much the same as you would do from the get go. They barely speak English—incorrect setup caused us much lost revenues and frustrated, burned-out employees. Never believe Netsuite reps who say implementation can be done in 3 months. Be prepared to spend a hundreds of hours to understand the software - it is not always intuitive. Plan comprehensive employee training. You will most likelly need a full time administrator to support users due to the high learning curve. As a retail and distribution company that grew out of Quick Books Desktop, Netsuite was apparently the the next solution. Although I still believe the software has much to offer, user interface is about 10 years behind time. My dream is that super user-friendly QuickBooks Online launches an Enterprise version one day.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

Netsuite was apparently a more established solution with a wide portifolio of integrations available. Pricing was in the lower range when compared to SAP or Dynamics 365. However, the costs are way above the initial quote. Be expected for sharp increases and relevant costs related to implementation, integration, and development. Definitely not for a small business with budgetary constraints.

Adeoye from City of Seat Pleasant

Great Cloud Based System

It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.

Pros

That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.

Cons

There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

In Netsuite's pitch they just had more to offer. They met with us in person, showed us the product, and just made a better connection.

Jake from Qualtrics

Netsuite is the most conveniant & professional Accounting Service Out There

I recently switched over to Netsuite and I have really enjoyed it so far. It seemed like I picked it up after only a few days of using it. It is a great tool for our team of accountants to use.

Pros

I love the ability to save custom searches in Netsuite. With hundreds of employees using Netsuite in my company, being able to save certain searches for exactly what I am looking for is extremely convenient and awesome. I also love the layout. I recently switched over to Netsuite from a new job and picked it up fairly wuickly due to the simple layout.

Cons

Difficult to find journal entries and transactions from previous years. my company has thousands of employees who have been using Netsuite for years so there are THOUSANDS of entries so I wish there was an easier way to find old entries.

James from TruAudio

Still deciding

I am still undecided on my over all feel for it. It has a lot of functionality, but has a big learning curve on how to use all of it.

Pros

It has a lot of functionality and available data. It is customizable for your business and your individual needs.

Cons

It can be clunky at times and not as user friendly as I would like, but I am still learning the software.

Andrew from Chance for Childhood

Excellent software for non-profits

Overall we have found NetSuite to be easy to configure and use and it has saved us considerable time.

Pros

The biggest pro is the ability to consolidate different currencies. Ease of use.

Cons

Inability to collapse restricted funds under one total in reports.

Efrain from Promotick

Powerful ERP

It is a very powerful ERP, especially its purchasing and inventory management modules and make work much easier and efficient. It allows you to connect in any device in any network. Overall I've had a great experience with NetSuite and I wish more companies used it.

Pros

The most important reason why we switched to NetSuite is that it allows you to access in any computer, anywhere, without having to be connected to the organization's network. This allows you to get work done at home, when needed. It has a lot of logistics modules based on your needs, like financials, human resources, manufacturing management, inventory, management, sales, management and purchasing management, among others. For my particular area of work, inventory management is great and is better than its competitors

Cons

Modules are restricted to different areas within the organization but sometimes you need a function or tool from a module you don't have access to. In this case, you have to contact the administrator and ask for permission, making the process a bit tedious. Reports' designs could be slightly better and allow more customization.

Eric from Meridian business Services

Industry: Wholesale

A future proof platform for your business

It’s hands down the best platform on the market for distributors. With Amazon’s impact on B2B eCommerce distributors are looking for new eCommerce avenues and NetSuite seamlessly provides this as a part of the solution.

Pros

Throughout my career I have worked with a lot of enterprise software platforms. The thing I like most about NetSuite is the ease of administration/maintenance and flexibility. It is an ERP, CRM, eCommerce and Business process development platform in one. Users are hard-pressed to find a business case they can’t be custom developed a NetSuite with ease well writing through future software upgrades without headaches. This is extremely rare in enterprise software platforms. NetSuite is a future-proof platform for your business, you can’t outgrow it, you won’t have to worry about upgrades ever again, not to mention you will only have one system to run your entire business. You can’t find that any where else!

Cons

The user interface has been somewhat outdated, but this is common in enterprise software and NetSuite is making huge strides to improve the GUI. Also the ability to slice and dice data on dashboards is a welcome feature coming in the next few releases.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

The roadmap and enhanced distribution flexibility plus eCommerce

NetSuite - Great ERP for mid-size/private companies

NetSuite is great overall. We have reliable numbers and the ability to create a search or report to facilitate data analysis. We have been able to automate a lot of processes (expenses, amortization, sales tax) and the interface is generally user-friendly.

Pros

NetSuite is scalable. I've used NetSuite at a company that was doing $200M+ in revenue and a company that is at $60M in revenue. I also really enjoy that NetSuite can be almost completely customized to your industry and business. NetSuite provides for a lot of automation of processes that Quickbooks cannot handle. It is also a better source of record-keeping as everything is somewhat seamlessly connected. The batch upload of journal entries/transactions and upload in general is extremely useful and saves so much time. My previous company used the Fixed Asset Module which was great for record keeping and for systematically recording amortization on a monthly basis. This was also extremely useful to ensure that our policy was uploaded as the amortization rule set, reducing errors in the amount of amortization per asset. The ability to report on the total assets and have their history in one spot proved useful for our audit. Currently, we are implementing rules for 606 and the multi-book and ARM add-ons have proven very useful for our reporting purposes. I really enjoy NetSuite's use of rules for transactions as they can vary from company to company and item sku to item sku. I love the saved search function too! So much flexibility for creating reports helps us create reports for month-end reconciliation purposes.

Cons

SuiteAnswers has a terrible algorithm for their search bar. The system is also not as intuitive as others since the actual home screen itself is customized by role. We have also run into the need for an consultant/more technical administrator to provide working scripts for some of our reporting. People with NetSuite should not expect the system to do everything perfectly, sadly the call center is far less helpful than the US-based consultants at NetSuite. However, you can always escalate to your sales rep. Our solution is hosted and at times runs slower than I would prefer. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which we can click through multiple cells or post a large amount of journal entries.

After you climb a steep learning curve, NetSuite is incredibly powerful.

We were able to have a single source of truth for our customer, vendor lists, for inventory, and for financials. Once our system was implemented, gaps analyzed and filled, and users trained, NetSuite has been an effective platform for our business.

Pros

NetSuite is an extremely powerful and inclusive package of applications that are extremely well-integrated. For SMBs who've outgrown Quickbooks or other "smaller" accounting packages, it's a major improvement. For manufacturing concerns looking to gain more traction and control over their processes, it is far beyond what lower-priced ERP systems provide. Again, it us a major improvement. NetSuite is extremely extensible through external interfaces, 3rd party add-ons, internal scripting and through customizations. Implemented correctly, it is relatively fast, and with its browser-based interface, there are no client issues and never any need for IT to upgrade a client version on every workstation because a new feature-set has been implemented. It's CRM is adequate, useful, and given NetSuite's signature internal integration, it is easy to implement an effective lead-to-cash system. The ecosystem also has multiple vendors who sell integration services, for example, there are a number of SalesForce to Netsuite integration partners who can (relatively) quickly connect the two systems. On the backside, the same is true of many popular shipping, warehouse management and other packages. Or, you can roll your own JSON connectivity.

Cons

NetSuite is not easily deployed, and requires expertise to get things mostly right the first time. They address this in their ecosystem by encouraging customers to work with NetSuite partners -- VAR firms that have undergone certifications -- to deploy the system. There is a steep learning curve, even for system analysts familiar with other ERP, CRM and web commerce platforms. There is a saying in the NetSuite community that is very true: "you can do anything with NetSuite, but it is going to cost you." Those costs may be development hours for internal developers, fees paid to partners, license costs for addons and integrations, etc. etc. Count on it with any major NS effort. NetSuite is usually quite reliable, but it can and will "get slow" from time to time, and there are infrequent outages that can last a few minutes to an hour or more. These never come at a good time (is there ever a good time?) and getting information regarding status of repairs can be frustrating. Free advice: vett your NetSuite partner carefully, and make sure that they can and will provide effective ongoing support. Some firms are better than others at this, and it is a good question to ask references before you hire anyone. Plan on your implementation taking longer than you expect. This is true with most ERP implementations, NetSuite included. Support from the company itself can be an exercise in frustration, but persistence and insistence can really help.

February 2016

February 2016

Full Featured Cloud Based Solution

Our company performed a lengthy evaluation of ERP solutions to move to in order to enhance our capabilities and support our expanding business. NetSuite offered the most robust cloud solution at the lowest price (best value solution). We are an import/export wholesale distributor with the need for multi-company, multi-currency capabilities. We have five separate legal entities with three primary operating entities and use public warehousing (more than 15 locations), so being able to report on an individual and consolidated basis was essential. Despite these needs, we are a small company in terms of employees (less than 25). NetSuite's OneWorld product was key to meeting our needs and as a cloud based solution we can maintain with limited staff. As the Controller I am the main administrator of our NetSuite solution, with no IT staff. NetSuite has delivered on their promise, providing a robust solution that provides a full-featured dashboard to monitor key performance indicators, easy secure access from anywhere, mobile capabilities, robust reporting capabilities and very customizable to meet business needs.

Pros

Easy to use. Can be set-up and running in a short time-frame (90 to 120 days). Good, proven implementation method that essentially is done with remote support via web-ex sessions. Full featured dashboard with short-cuts Email alerts to keep you informed of key data changes or approvals needed Web storefront Very easy to customize or configure to meet your business needs Robust reporting Easy navigation with short-cuts and global (Google) type search capabilities for finding transactions, communications, customer, vendor or employee records. Always updated to latest version (version updates twice year) Can fully support with no IT staff, making use of NetSuite support as needed, however, most questions and issues can be resolved by using NetSuite's SuiteAnswers self-service solution area and extensive online help that is part of the ERP system. Great online training tools

Cons

Support is responsive, but depending on level of support purchased can take awhile to get answers and issues resolved. We have Silver Support which is limited to submitting cases on-line and waiting for NetSuite support to respond by email or call. NetSuite does assign an Account Manager who can be contacted by phone anytime to help expedite support issues as needed. Complex system that is very configurable to meet your needs, but this creates a lot of noise as there are many things you may not need or use, making the software somewhat confusing and cumbersome to use at times. Must have good internet connection and bandwidth to ensure good performance. Uptime is high (99.8%), but when not working all you can do is monitor and wait for NetSuite to fix issues. Longest downtime we've had is 45 minutes.

Joy from Waxing Poetic

Powerful program with quirks

Before NetSuite, we were split between separate programs, NetSuite allowed us to do all business in one program - customer service, order processing, inventory, purchasing, shipping, accounting. It is able to integrate with many other programs, allowing for (mostly) seamless order sync'ing and live inventory levels. Essential with a company selling wholesale, retail and a direct to consumer website.

Pros

- great reporting and searching tools - combines all company needs - customer records, transactions, accounting, inventory - easy to integrate with most major programs - highly customize-able - easy to assign "roles" to employees to only access what they need in their positions - mostly easy to use and informative help section

Cons

- searching and reporting can be tricky with label names differing - expensive to start, maintain and update - quirks that shouldn't be an issue - like applying credit memos to sales orders

Andrew from Amba Products LLC

Industry: Building Materials

Integrated Cloud based software simplifies overall control of company

Pros

The fact that you always have access to all your information and that it is always current. Do not have to worry about the security of my information. System is updated on an ongoing basis. Integrated ERP and CRM. Everyone in the company has access to information regarding their area of responsibility.

Cons

We have partnered with Netsuites for the long term. We rely on them not to exploit the fact that we are tied in with them on a subscription basis. We have no guarantees with regards to future pricing.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

We did not look further than Netsuites as it matched all our criteria.

Connie from AHCT

NetSuite - Robust and customizable, but everything is an add-on.

NetSuite is a robust ERP system that I would generally recommend for medium to larger businesses. If you can get past the implementation phase, it is generally very easy to maintain. If you need a lot of customization for your business processes, be prepared to manage and test the customization extensively, as there are lots of nuances that can be missed during the testing phases that can prove very difficult later to fix when additional workflows or scripts are in place.

Pros

It's a reliable, secure, and easily accessible cloud service. The platform is robust, and has highly customization forms and reporting, as well as a a lot of integration potential.

Cons

The software is very expensive, and a lot of times, you will need to do heavy customization to have it fit your needs. You will need at least one full time staff on hand to manage the software as an administrator, and the training is very expensive as well. Most advanced features are an add-on, and are not cheap either. While robust, this software isn't ideal for smaller businesses because of its price tag. Once you get the software up and running, it is very easy to maintain. However, implementation can be difficult, and success varies with the amount of customization you may need. NetSuite professional services, who offers customization build outs, generally leaves a lot to be desired. Most of their professional services providers were off-shore, and at times difficult to communicate with.

Kent from KentBigDog Consulting

Not for the feint of heart but very powerful

If you are looking for a system you can log into and in a few days be fluent and feel comfortable, NetSuite isn't for you. It is an extremely powerful and flexible system. That power and flexibility brings a high level of complexity. I'm a consultant that recently helped a company move from Peachtree to NetSuite including all their accounting processes and their website. It was a complex process that took a strong attention to detail and much forethought. It isn't something you'll do in a month. Now 1.5 years later, that company is thrilled with their choice. Sales are way up because of the improved website. Customer service ratings have skyrocketed because the CSRs now have a complete picture of the customer and all their interactions including website, phone, and email. The business owner has a much more detailed image of the business and is able to make decisions faster that have a positive impact on the business. Before NetSuite there was much more guesswork. Now decisions are based on actual data. All this doesn't come cheaply or easily. NetSuite can be tuned to your business in nearly infinite ways. I still fine tune their experience on a daily basis a year later. Customizing emails, pdfs, transaction screens and more. All this pays off with more efficiency in all aspects of the business. If you are looking for fast and simple, you will be very disappointed. If you are looking for something that has the power to do many, many things and you're willing to put in the time and money it takes to get a great return on your investment, you'll be happy.

Pros

Power and flexibility.

Cons

Complex.

Industry leading ERP software

Pros

Having worked with a number of different ERP systems over the years I find NetSuite by far the easiest to use not only in terms of usability but also from an Admin and configuration point of view. The interface is bright and easy to use and the ability to customise dashboards is a real advantage. From an admin and business use point of view I also find it excellent. The standard functionality is comprehensive, but it can also be customised to allow you to fit your business processes into the software without having to bespoke it too heavily. It is also generally fast in terms of response times and there are many advantages to it being cloud based as opposed to being on premise. NetSuite support is also generally good and the fact that the software is automatically updated twice a year in order to release new improvements is also a huge positive.

Cons

Generally I don't have too may cons regarding NetSuite. Sometimes the support can take a while to reply, but that may be more due to timezone differences. Also NetSuite can occasionally roll out bundle updates which change functionality without too much notification. The same is also true of system maintenance, which can sometimes be during business hours, but again this is more due to time zones.

Ton from St HOPE

Great Out of the Box

Netsuite is a great out-of-the-box ERP. The base ERP package offers everything you need to get an average business running -- in the cloud. The implementation can be very quick and straightforward or a real nightmare. The system is not intuitive to understand, but it is not overly complex. Customizations (even simple ones) require more effort than they ought to take. My advice for those scoping out Netsuite is seriously analyze your business requirements and then advocate the hell for them in the scoping or implementation phases. Also, you need to budget for a Netsuite Admin or similar role. The system is very robust and can be customized in ways its competitors cannot, but none of this is intuitive. Even seemingly simple things are not simple to achieve. You will need a dedicated person to fully realize Netsuite's potentials.

Pros

Out-of-the-box functionality Ease of use Cloud, cloud, cloud! Overall very stable platform Fully customizable* API allows for endless integrations

Cons

Implementation can be a nightmare depending on who you get and how proactive you are in advocating for your needs. Lots of customization options, but you will need a good hire or a big wallet for the Netsuite Solutions Consultants. Not simple for your average non-tech user to understand all of the system functions UI is not pretty Support is lacking -- better of troubleshooting on your own unless you want to shell out (a lot of) money for the mostly useless support/consultants.

Bethanne from Team 360 Services

Industry: Facilities Services

NetSuite is the best accounting/program out there!!

Makes invoicing fast & very easy. Lots of options & easy to customize this software to make it work for your company & what you are invoicing.

Pros

NetSuite can do so many things. It is the easiest program I have ever used for invoicing. It has a lot of different options to choose from that you can utilize. You can tell it to tax a customer/parent company or you can tell it that the company is tax exempt. So everytime you do an invoice for that company it will automatically add or not add the tax. There is even a "file" section that you can upload forms like tax exempt forms, or customer contracts. And it is so easy to bring up a company & see all of the invoices that we have ever made for them in a list. It has made our invoicing streamlined & very straight forward. This software has so many options it's crazy. If anyone in our accounting department can think of something that would be helpful to us on the invoice that is not already there, the president of our company can go into the "back ground" of the software & add & delete fields from our invoicing templates. Love this program!!!

Cons

It can be confusing to figure out how to set up your "Dashboard" for your own specification & usage. Other than that there isn't anything that we don't like about NetSuite!!

Kimberly from American Dental Association

The sky is clear in the cloud

We have been using NetSuite for roughly a year. There were a lot of growing pains. People did not like change. However it is getting better. We are constantly learning new things about the system.

Pros

It is more user friendly. We were previously on PeopleSoft Financials for approximately 20 years. It was highly customized and there were a lot of system limitations as far as reports and queries. More of our users are able to run system reports for themselves such as the AR Aging Report. NetSuite offers more flexibility. It communicates better with other systems that we use. I like being able to access NetSuite from any computer since it is in the cloud. With our previous software, we had to access the system through a VPN if we were outside of the office. I like the global search box

Cons

There are still limitations on some of the saved searches as far as how it pulls in information. For instance, for an AP Report, it can pull in invoice numbers with the vendor, date, amount. If I want it to pull in the check number, this will cause additional lines on the report. I don't like the journal upload process works. If there are multiple errors in a journal that is being uploaded, only the first error is identified. You have to go through multiple attempts in order to find all the lines with errors. This is time consuming.

Powerful but complex

Overall we can invoice customers, pay bills, and report on finances - so it works well. I do feel like I needs more in-depth training now that I've had more time in the system. We also just use a fraction of what I believe it's capable of.

Pros

It's so intricate and complex that I know I could set it up to do whatever I wanted or needed to report on... Implementation team was very thorough trying to understand how our business processes work. Integration with Salesforce (via Celigo) is useful. Keeping track of orders, what's been invoiced and what's been paid, etc. is straight forward.

Cons

... but it's so complex that even making minor adjustments (I.E. edit the invoice template) that it takes a lot of time to research how to do it. There is a Help site, but it's not very useful. You can buy different levels of Support - which I disagree with. Since we only have the minimal option (only help if something is broken), I have to search online forums to figure out how to make even the minor tweaks. I wish there had been more training on how to make overall setup adjustments. Our implementation ended before some of the smaller/minor parts were setup. We would need to purchase more hours to finish.

Francisco from Southland Polymers

Industry: Plastics

NetSuite SPI

Pros

Customization of forms, printed forms, reports, workflows, searches, filters, financials, and user interface.

Cons

limitations on reports, searches, and hard coded functionalities.

all inclusive

Patrick from The McGowan Companies

Industry: Wholesale

Upgraded from old ERP system to Netsuite. Took 6 months to cut over to Netsuite and go live.

Went from software that was designed in 90s to a always up to date top of the line software. Netsuite was the best choice for for we needed to do. it had the ERP side as well as the CRM aspect. In time, if we grew, we could add on the warehouse management module.

Pros

The software has a very modern layout, if you have been on a website like facebook, and can use their top tab navigation, then you will be pleased with Netsuite. The program is cloud based, which is get for mobile use. If you can pull up the website, and have a decent size screen, then you get the full experience. Never have to worry about the hardware crashing, with the built in redundancy and backup.

Cons

Data is cloud based, I have purchased the OBDC connection add-on for it, and I still found it hard to get it out with ODBC connection. There was no support for how to setup the connection, and after hours of trail and error, I was told that not all tables as accessible. Many of the reports had to be manually exported and imported into Excel for data manipulation. The Netsuite app was not as useful as a I wish. We had a few scripts running in our environment; but the app did not play nicely with them.

Alex from PW Golf Supply

Netsuite review

overall good ERP

Pros

Easy to use, its in the cloud, accessible everywhere, good features

Cons

Crashes once in a while, some issues happen, commerce part could be better

Vladimir from DiverGentix LLC

Excellent Payroll, Accounting and CRM Platorm - BUT highly unethical company.

We used to utilize NetSuite in our entire organization, for over 15 years. We used it for our ERP system, our CRM, as well as our e-commerce website, hosted on GoDaddy. It was the centerpiece of our day-to-day operations and our business. Everything was tied into NetSuite. We are a Value Added Reseller of many Telecommunications systems manufacturers for the IT industry. NetSuite handled our e-commerce, order processing, inventory management, accounting, and even some marketing, perfectly. Until one day, they hit us up with a 100% price correction and some pretty bizarre and unethical terms/conditions and even borderline illegal stuff, like ownership and retrieval of our databases. Luckily we were able to find a company out of Europe, who, despite NetSuite's every effort to obscure and prevent us from leaving, were able to extract, compile and upload all of our data into QuickBooks. Since that day, we've been using QuickBooks, and we cannot be happier with their software and support, as well as wit their business ethics.

Pros

Good ERP software, integrated with all the essential CRM, e-commerce and marketing tools, easy to use, great user permission granularity, etc.

Cons

Jacked up prices, extortionist mentality, poor business practices, unprofessional support, machiavellian attitude sales doctrines, etc.

Scott from CFO Solutions

NetSuite can handle most any business

NetSuite is a very stable and customizable software that can handle almost any business. The software works will for midsize businesses as it can be cost prohibitive for smaller companies.

Pros

NetSuite is customizable for most any business. Once set up, the software is easy to use. The software is very stable and reliable. No downtime and you can access it from any web browser.

Cons

Setup can be somewhat complicated. There are so many features to set up you may require professional services to set up the software to be able to use it. NetSuite's licensing fees add up and get expensive with more users and features. Cost can be prohibitive for some smaller businesses.

After frustrating setup & implementation process you will eventually reap rewards of a powerful tool

Considering how long that Netsuite has been around, there are still quite limited resources for support in using the day to day capabilities which means you either need to have a subject matter expert in house to help you with those difficult queries to get exactly the right report or you have to reach out to external support who may or may not understand your particular use case for account reporting.

Pros

Once you have managed to set up Netsuite, map accounts correctly, map profiles, get correct debits mapped and the correct credits mapped over you can run some useful reports from the journal entries created. You can generate useful general ledger reports for exec level management to use in quarterly stakeholder presentations.

Cons

It is a long road to getting setup and running correctly. It is not a very easy software to use although granted it is geared towards professionals with a high profiency level of advanced accounting practices, there is a very steep learning curve unless you have an expert next to you to hold your hand and guide you through the very tough implementation process. Also I have this constant fear that somebody will change something in the settings and break the integration meaning I have to go through the setup process again. However they do have adequate read me documentation for those with the patience to go through step by step guides.

Venkatesan from Techmahindra

It's fast and extremely reliable

Pros

NetSuite ERP can be used for Financial, Order, Production and Supply Chain Management. NetSuite CRM can be used for Salesforce and Marketing Automation. Customer Service and Partner Relationship Management. Suite Commerce – End to end Business to Customer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) eCommerce platform. You can integrate with any other application and also it's very fast and reliable. This can be the good solution for EDI also.

Cons

I am not feeling any Cons at this moment.

June 2015

John from Thos. Baker

June 2015

Insight from a decade of NetSuite user experience

Pros

A cloud-based ERP system like NetSuite is a great choice for most small to medium-sized companies looking for data security, system reliability, robust feature set, perpetual upgrades and lifetime cost. NetSuite blends a wide sweep of core functionality with long and growing list of 3rd-party integrations to specialized service providers. Built-in twice annual upgrades and 99.999% uptime is better than you could ever achieve on your own and does not require any technical overhead to install or maintain.

Cons

NetSuite is not cheap. You really have to value the lifetime cost of making the investment in a fully-integrated system. Historically, the feature "roadmap" has been a year or two ahead of the product reality. You should be prepared to make compromises in specific functionality or invest in customization. Support used to be more of an issue but has shown definite signs of improvement over the last couple of years.

Josh from NewLife Industries

Best ERP System on the market for small to mid-size companies

Bringing NetSuite into our environment was the single greatest decision I've made as the President of the company. NetSuite has helped realign our internal processes, make us significantly more efficient, and has saved us a significant amount of money while increasing our margins.

Pros

Mobility of use Demand Planning capabilities Finance depth and management

Cons

Cost Project managers lack the knowledge of the developers, which brings about frustrations to the end user on deliverabilities not being met.

Jeremy from Corptax, Inc

Everything in one place

Our support team can see what sales, finance, and professional services are doing with a customer. They can see case history for all the users at the customer. Ease of use is a really good, but the sales team struggles (but their focus should be on selling so they don't use the system as often). Using issues module, we can keep customers up to date on enhancement and bug fixes while closing their current case with a workaround. The update on the fix goes automatically to the customer when the issue is resolved. Everyone can see when a customer is marked at risk. And anyone with customer contact can enter the alert to give the account owners more time to resolve.

Pros

Access in the cloud was a big plus for us. But the full view of the customer has been the bigger gain.

Cons

The search constraints don't allow for too many layers in a single search. Case reports cant look into invoice pricing as the invoices are on the customer. A customer search can se that, but if you are starting with case parameters to understand a product profit margin from support, it requires some cross referencing in excel.

Aaron from The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY

Controller at Non-Profit Legal Service Provider

We have used NetSuite for two years now. The Software saves us lots of time and makes our job easier.

Pros

User friendly software!!! Great for custom reporting and searches, able to import payroll in a few minutes, drill down feature, web-based you can use anywhere and open multiple windows at the same time. The ability to scan in AP backup which saves space and time on billing and audits, recent activity allows you to find what you did last quickly, dashboard can be customized to specific users - shows key performance indicators such as bank balances, sales & expense versus other periods. There are workflows to automate task such as vendor approvals, customer service and all NetSuite employees are very friendly and extremely helpful. Also being a non-profit, NetSuite employees volunteer their time with through Pro Bono projects - we have used this three times with great results.

Cons

Any hurdles or issues that i have had were solved by reaching out to NetSuite. One year I was having difficulty printing 1099's but customer service helped get me on track.

Anita from Xeeva Inc.

Xeeva Inc Review

The experience is good, it helps is timely reporting of multiple entities dealing with multiple currencies. Helps business decisions making for the whole group

Pros

It has a number of features which help reporting for entities present in multiple countries, this helps reporting accurately and timely.

Cons

Ease of use, this software needs professional training to be able to use it and that is not free, hence we cannot use all the features to the maximum as we lack training on how to use them

James from Squatty Potty

Powerful Software with LOTS of Capabilities

Pros

This is able to integrate with all our other platforms we use. It also has lots of reporting capabilities. We are able to track our entire business use with sales, accounts, inventory, etc. It is our central hub of our business where everything runs through.

Cons

It is expensive and they do upsell you on add-ons or other features/plug-ins. It is also not intuitive. It can be very complicated for the average user.

Prasad from Techware Pty Ltd

NetSuite Oracle- Great Choice

It's a great application in terms of user friendliness as any user can familiarise with features with a little help and paths from one domain to another, say for e.g. from AP/AR to Purchases or Sales are very clear and easy to find on the menu.

Pros

It's ability to allow the user to customise the report by adding data field(s) which is great as we do not always need to go behind IT Professional asking for help. For SMEs, this means a lot in terms of money that could be saved.

Cons

At times it takes a lot of time to save pages, for e.g. when we want an invoice for pick up customer quickly it takes ages to save the page, I agree that there could be more to this issue, such band width, network traffic etc, but in my experience the wait time has been quite significant at times. Because of this, we sometime forgot to wait for the green colour confirmation bar that says info has been saved and have exited the page without realising data may not have been saved.

Meagan from Mad Style

Benefits of NetSuite

NetSuite has helped us generate great insight into our business.

Pros

The ability to customize and build reports is very useful. There are several things that come standard but everything can be customized for your specific way of business.

Cons

NetSuite can be very intimidating when first learning the software.

Brett from RSM US LLP

Netsuite Rocks

There are way to many to list.

Pros

I like so many things about NEtsuite. The robust features that come out of the box are great. I like the abundance of add on Modules and Suiteapps available. I especially like the fact that netsuite is very customizable to meet you business needs and will often time help you improve you business Processes

Cons

The reporting tool is not very good and the New analytics feature needs a lot more work.

David from Sentinel Door Controls

From Sage to Netsuite

Overall everyone at my company is very excited to have finally found a system like netsuite and are overall satisfied with your experience thus far.

Pros

The ease of use as well as the lack of a batch system. We came from Sage 300 which feels very antiquated compared to Netsuite. The UI just felt very dated and it was not user friendly at all. If you found a prior mistake after that day then you might as well have found a work around because getting it reconciled was a nightmare. With Netsuite the system is intuitive enough that it can retro almost any issue that you find today back to whatever date it needs to be adjusted with little to no issue. I also like the openness of the system, there is no need to pay someone hundreds of dollars just to modify a form it is super easy to do on your own.

Cons

I love that there is a suite answers form for quick answers but sometimes they can be more confusing than anything. Maybe add some videos demoing what to do rather than just text based support. Implementation of some aspects were also a little less than stellar.

July 2014

Staci from Save Phace, Inc

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

July 2014

Have been using NetSuite for 8 years

Pros

The thing I like most about NetSuite is the versatility and customizability of the product. If we need to flag specific transactions for internal and unique reasons, we are able to add a checkbox to any transaction that the user can check, which will flag an alert. It is truly helpful to be able to customize the forms within the system. Another thing that we like about this is that it is internet-based. We are not required to maintain servers and software. We have employees in multiple locations including some working from their homes. It is nice that all they need to work on the system is internet access! The product is constantly being improved upon. We like that NetSuite continues to grow as their customers' needs grow.

Cons

In the beginning, eight years ago, the support and service on this product were horrible. Since then, I have seen great improvements in support, including reduced hold times and an increased knowledge of the product. The other thing that I have noticed is that the sales team tends to oversell the features. NetSuite's program in and of itself is an amazing program. There is no need for any embellishment, but, on numerous occasions, I have experienced being sold on features that were not available when I tried to use them. One of the things that can be seen as either good or bad is that there are some gaps in functionality (e.g., forecasting, shipping integration with outside vendors). However, there are a growing number of outside vendors that will integrate your NetSuite with outside vendors to fill the gaps. The customization of NetSuite is endless, although these outside vendors do charge a good fee for their work.

maha from CAS Miami

Netsuite evaluation

Inventory Management, multiple businesses.

Pros

It is dynamic and can do many things, lots of functionality.

Cons

It is very difficult for the average person to work in NS. It takes a lot of training and users must work in specific areas of NS due to this complexity. The trainees make it sound it is easy to use, but it is not.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

It is much dynamic system and it can adapt to changes better than the standard industry softwares.

Steve from Ready Seal, Inc.

Great ERP software

We use NetSuite for inventory manufacturing and control. It is great for tracking all raw materials all the way through final product. We also use for all our accounting and book keeping. The system runs quickly and is easy to pull up any account or item.

Pros

The accounting and Inventory portions of the software are great. Easy to setup and use.

Cons

The CRM software side is very difficult to use.

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite

It seemed a little more intuitive and cost was somewhat better.

Taylor from Buildingstars

Netsuite is great for manageability.

I have had an overall decent experience with NetSuite. We switched from ACT to NetSuite, and I must say the transition was hard. There is a lot more moving parts with this system than there was with Act. But, I do like the fact that since netsuite is a website, when my guys are out in the field they can still log into and view files on NetSuite.

Pros

I like that I can store all of the companies information in one place I like that our customers are easy to find I like the ease at which you can edit contact information

Cons

Its a bit tricky to navigate It takes a few months to fully train someone how to use It can be very slow at times

Julie from GoSpotCheck

Robust system that's also fairly intuitive

Netsuite is a robust product that make searching and reporting easy. There is a way to report on anything in anyway you need.

Pros

Netsuite is fairly intuitive for being such a complex system. I also really love the Sandbox capability. I love being able to mess around and try things without actually affecting the books. It also integrates with just about every finance product I've ever been interested in.

Cons

I am sometimes disappointed with the "out of the box" product, meaning there are some things that I would think are standard, but they end up costing more. I also wish their support system was easier. You are forced to use SuiteAnswers to look for answers yourself, which can be helpful, but it seems like you have to jump through some hoops before being able to talk to a support representative. My account CSM often refers me to support for questions that I feel like he should know.

John from Spartaco LLC

Industry: Machinery

Light manufacturing, distribution business

Implementing across multiple locations with remote users easy to deploy. Can add new locations/ operations easily.

Pros

NetSuite is very easy to use and configure. Customizable views, dashboards, reports & searches. Easy to add/modify with UDFs. Internal controls and workflow easy to use. Interface with other add-ons prevalent for all types of solutions, including ecommerce, shipping, taxation, banking, etc. Also able to easily offload data for BI warehousing. Used a number of pricing options, flexible to design and implement. Very easy to set up all business forms. Integrates with all major online banking. Consolidations and data visibility accross entities easy to use.

Cons

Could do a little better on procurement/supply chain tracking. Didn't go with full WMS as our operations were not complex manufacturing.

na

Camille from Gopher Stage Lighting, Inc

Netsuite Changed Everything

Pros

Netsuite is very configurable allowing us to customize it to our unusual business model. The reporting is very powerful.

Cons

Reports can be difficult to set up and new users have a steep learning curve.

Neil from Pacific Fishing & Supply, Inc

Netsuite is an intuitive, easy-to-use, ERP software for all.

Pros

Netsuite's functions, both for front office and back office individuals is intuitive. A minimal amount of support / help menus is necessary to be able to access and utilize the features of Netsuite. I enjoy and appreciate how customize-able Netsuite is with minimal IT or programming experience - it is an ERP software for really everyone. Netsuite is constantly coming up with new features to enhance my experience, and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the ERP.

Cons

I wish that there were a better help menu / functionality - it is good that Netsuite is so easy to use, because the "help" function is often times not helpful. I also wish that customer service were more customer-oriented, it is often times confusing as to who I should contact (whether it be Netsuite directly, or my Netsuite sales / account rep). I also wish that the new features (such as the verticals) had more demos available online, so that it'd be easier to see and know what kinds of additional functionality they have to offer.

NetSuite is extremely robust but is expensive and may be difficult to get used to

As an implementer I think the software can be extremely strong and be a massive time saver if the implementation is done correctly and users are accepting to change and trained well. I found it very easy to use NetSuite from the beginning but I have worked with numerous software applications in the past.

Pros

The software has endless feature and functionality. The software is always being updated with new features twice a year. The out-of-the-box software is robust but additional modules may need to be purchased for specific workflows. NetSuite is a cloud based software allowing for easy access to the NetSuite environment as long as you have internet. Easy to allow users to work from home because it is cloud based.

Cons

The software can be expensive especially if you need to purchase additional modules. Implementation teams at NetSuite are poor, leading to increased costs to find a NetSuite implementation partner. The software can be difficult for new users to get used to because there are so many functionalities and different ways to do things inside the system.