• Pros

• "I liked that this software was efficient and had robust functionality"

• "A fairly robust piece of equipment that operates like any other POS and sometimes if there cloud isn't down it works well however is slow to process credit cards in a quick service realm."

• "Its overall experience is unparalleled to be honest. Its fluid, smooth, and works great. "

• Cons

• "The program as itself is suitable for computers, but for tablet or phone it’s such a big deal to use. "

• "I wish it were cheaper. But, you get a quality product and professional support. "

• "I haven't encountered anything specific that I don't like. The are still a few things I'm learning, but overall the usage has been awesome and smooth."

Browse Oracle Food & Beverage POS Reviews

Christopher from Doubletree by Hilton

Easy to use software!

Anytime a Tech comes onsite its a phenomenal experience. Representative our onsite technician is super friendly and helpful. Location support is probably the best part of the software!

Pros

Very intuitive and easy for servers to use

Cons

Customization can be difficult and support for programming via phone is difficult

Marc from Greene King

Nice point of sale, if only support was better

Easy uploading of pricing and new products, easy integration with our POS tills

Pros

The ease of POS uploading to our till system was seamless and everything integrated amazingly well.

Cons

The customer service. Times to get through were slow and occasionally we had downtime which had a detrimental effect. When you need an answer, it was sometimes difficult to find

Cost mainly

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied December 2019

Hello, Marc. Thank you so much for your review. We would love to speak with you so that we can address these issues. We will forward your inquiry along to the appropriate representatives, but if you would like to reach out yourself, you can email me at samantha.james@oracle.com - I am happy to help. Thank you!

Nadir from Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban

Superb tool for hotels and restaurants

The system is so good for food and beverage services. Before we did everything manually and as a result we faced so much time and more over we spent too much time on a simple thing. Thanks to Oracle it made our job so easy and every report is on our finger tip.

Pros

Cons

The system is good and very easy but decrease in price would be great

Reasons for Choosing Oracle Food & Beverage POS

The system was use by one of our colleges and so they refer us and once we used it found it to be superb

Daniel from Carr's Steakhouse

Bigger Isnt Always Better

We opened with a MICROS system 8 years ago, and a few years ago, we decided to update the system and re-up with Oracle/Micros instead of switching to one of the newer companies with better reviews and ratings. A big reason for that, we had already invested thousands in the hardware - all-be-it, somewhat outdated compared to the competition. We were actually at a point where are software was near unusable and had to do something. Then once we signed the agreement, the new hard drive and other hardware arrive within a couple weeks, but the install wasn't schedule for a couple months. So we had to store these boxes until the install date, and not only that, but we started being bill almost immediately, several weeks before we had scheduled the install. But despite all that, the system has been reliable and dependable. Though its been harder as the years went on, the service and warranty coverage from Micros/Oracle has always been pretty solid too.

Pros

Our Oracle POS is fairly easy to use and learn Its also been reliable and dependable since we have opened 8 years ago

Cons

System seems bulky and slow, needs constant rebooting and cleaning Nothing flashy or sleek about it. Have found glitches across the board in various areas While its easy to use, I don't think we are really getting the bang for our buck, and I think a lot of the features are lost on us, or underutilized.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied June 2019

Hey, Daniel - Thanks so much for the honest review! We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if you need any additional support or if you have any issues you need resolved - we are happy to help! Email us here oracle-foodandbev_ww@oracle.com or here samantha.james@oracle.com and we will get back to you asap!!!!

Boban from Queens Hotel

Powerful POS solution

Excellent and time saving operation, making the restaurant a more effective service provider as a team.

Pros

As is expected, oracle always delivers powerful softwares when it comes to property management and this is no different. Excellent functionality and report making is its best feature.

Cons

A bit system resources hugging, it would be better if it could be less of a burden on the system in general. But this is understandable, with all the features, its bound to have minor hiccups on system performance but that's not oracle's fault now.

Dominic from Rocky Mountain Flatbread

It was good when it was Micros but since Oracle bought them its appalling.

Pros

Can't think of anything nice to say. Other than the local micros people in Vancouver were always very nice and supportive. I wish it was different but I think selling to Oracle has reduced the customer focus.

Cons

One of our units is closing down so before the service contract was renewed for another year I asked for it to be cancelled. They said they wouldn't cancel it as its on auto renew and time had run out. I hadn't noticed the auto renew notices as they went into junk mail. Just over a week before the contract auto renewed I checked junk mail, saw it and requested to cancel immediately. As it was a service contract and therefore no hardware, time or training had been used I thought this would be easy. But no. They just didn't care. Or care that I had been a loyal customer for over 10 years in three locations. They are very slow to respond and about as far from being customer centric as possible. Pity as as I say I was quite happy with Micros and have another location coming up next year. Having spoken to other POS companies I am now considering changing all my systems.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied September 2017

Hey, Dominic - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded your concerns over to our sales team in Canada, and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience!!! --Oracle Marketing

Jennifer from Restaurant Martin

Support is impossible

Terrible.

Pros

Funny, you can't submit a review without naming pros of the system, seriously, it won't permit you to post without it! Ease of use for the most part would be the best pro I can think of.

Cons

I desperately need help with one issue and they completely, point blank REFUSE to help with what for them would be a simple issue if i won't pay them for a full service contract. This is ridiculous and a change for the worse since Oracle took over. We have had this system for ten years and are a small, stand-alone restaurant. We do not need their very expensive service contract, we barely have had one question or issue a year and this would be a large, unnecessary expense for us. I have been approached by a number of other POS companies where the hardware is FREE to us (unlike the $25,000 we spent on this Micros system!!) and covered by credit card processing fees. I am getting ready to change to one of them based on the terrible service issue.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied July 2019

Hey, Jennifer - We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. We will have a representative call you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!!!

Helen from Hickory Ranch Steakhouse

Horrible experience with Oracle! Stay away. Micros was great, to bad.

Pros

software works most of the time , durable hardware, user friendly. The very few good things are insignificant in comparison to all the bad things with Oracle

Cons

Purchased the software when it was Micros in 1998. Throughout the next 17 years we had four upgrades to software and hardware. Each time we had an upgrade we did a lease through Micros . Our last upgrade was two years ago and at this time the company Micros was acquired by Oracle. This was the worst upgrade in the 20 years that we have had this POS system. The sales person with Oracle set me up with the leasing company to set up the lease for our latest update. I assumed it was the same as the other fou updates we have done and it would be a two year lease . I trusted the company that I have done business with for 20 years. The leasing company Oracle put me in touch with and told me they handle all their leases ended up never funding the lease. I found this out because oracle started billing me 18 months later for delinquent invoices. I called oracle and advised them that I have been making my payments for the lease every month. With further investigation, we found out that the leasing company never paid Oracle for the upgrade. I have contacted Oracle dozens of times in regards to this, they refused to do anything about it and continue to bill me and send me threats via email that they're going to terminate my services. I have hired a lawyer to go after the leasing company, no help from oracle. They don't care that the leasing company they sent me to ripped me off. Terrible

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied January 2018

Hi Helen - Thank you very much for your honest review. We have forwarded this information onto sales escalation, a member of our team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any immediate questions by emailing at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

Rose from The Pearl Asian Kitchen

Industry: Restaurants

No support even with contract

My 3700 micros is less than a year old. Purchased maintenance contract and was ASSURED it has hardware and software support. Not true. All kinds of programming glitches that I had to live with for months with no help from support. For months I had email communications with a contract renewal sales person ( the same person who sold me the first contract ) about getting SOFTWARE support help/ contract. Now there is a " fatal hard drive" error message when credit card processing company tried to install a terminal that can take chip cards since Micros still does not have the technology to do so. I tried againand again technical support said they can help but they have to submit a billable ticket. This is a software problem. Back to same sales person for help with getting software contract. Today got an email from her saying my same contract that has not worked and that has not expired was " activated" and " renewed" and it should work. I cannot believe what I was reading. This is months of communications back and forth about NO SOFTWARE HELP. To date I paid for 2 contracts with the same number that specified " hardware technical support" but still have a piece of equipment that cannot accept chip card reader. And that have all kinds of glitches no one seem to know why.

Pros

Have many capabilities to help in running a business

Cons

If only we know how to use the system. No live support. No software support. No service. No knowledgeable people working for the company. Fragmented help.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied April 2017

Hey, Rose - Thanks for reaching out to us here. We are very sorry to hear of this issue. We have forwarded your information over to escalation and someone will be reaching out to you soon. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com, or feel free to reach out to my personally at the email provided by Capterra. --Samantha, Oracle Marketing

Aaron from AG

Micros - the worst customer experience available.

I currently have over 300 POS workstations deployed across multiple Micros platforms including Simphony 1x and Res 3700, as well as a number of hotels running Opera PMS. Dealing with Micros since the oracle takeover is the most painful customer service experience I have ever had to deal with in 20+ years in the hospitality industry. Their sales process is broken to the point where it is almost impossible to get a timely quote, and their support services are beyond useless. I would literally recommend going with ANY other provider before having to deal with Oracle Hospitality.

Pros

The central management capabilities of Simphony are actually quite strong, and there are very limited options when dealing with large operations. They DO provide the best interface with Opera PMS, but only because they have artificially disabled IP interfaces to any third party products and only support Oracle product integrations via IP at this point.

Cons

Dealing with Oracle is literally the most frustrating customer service experience you can imagine. Their service is beyond hopeless, their sales teams are incapable of providing timely quotes, and when they DO get orders placed they are incorrect more often than not. Oracle has introduced so much red tape into what was already a difficult company to deal with that working with pen and paper would likely be a better option for many people at this point.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied February 2017

Hey, Aaron - Thanks for your honest review. We would like to get more information from you so that we can have the proper team reach out to you. We want you to have a good experience with Oracle Hospitality, so please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing

September 2016

Debbie from Italian Village Restaurant

September 2016

Oracle Hospitality POS Support is subpar!!!

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of upgrading our POS system last October 2015. Previously, we had excellent service from Micros. However, since Oracle purchased them, service is absolutely horrible. Our service contract is up for renewal. We have left at least 15 messages for a representative to return our call. We are operating without a service contract, but we can not believe that Oracle does not care about customer service and does not monitor a representative's phone log to question why calls are not being returned.

Pros

The system is easy to use, but the conversion was not a smooth process. We found several, functions that were not converted properly, but Oracle wanted us to pay for the program to be changed.

Cons

Customer support/help line. I have had to wait over an hour for a representative to answer the call. We use to be able to call individuals at Micros and they would solve our simple issues. Not any more! Everything requires a case number.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied October 2016

Thank you for your honest review. We will forward this along to the appropriate department and they will be reaching out to you. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

Tim from Dan Pfeiffer Automotive

Micros 3700 POS

Pros

A few years ago Oracle hospitality purchased the Micros POS software corp. The Micros 3700 is for small to medium-sized restaurants and does a pretty good job. The user interface for employees can be customized to step an employee through the order process without much coaching. The Kitchen Display System works well for communicating needs to the kitchen staff. My local dealer is pretty good with customer support and hardware service.

Cons

The reporting is canned and can't be customized without a healthy investment to have a report custom written. There are 3rd party web reporting software groups that do a much better job. The programming was originally developed in the 90's, and hasn't been updated on the back end, so setup can be a little confusing. If you call Oracle's help desk to ask a question, don't expect to wait on hold for less than 30 minutes for someone to tell you that they need to research the problem and call you back...which may or may not happen.

Vijay from JVD Hotels

Industry Standard in F&B

It works well and I believe it is the industry standard in the restaurant business.

Pros

We use two different versions of the POS at 2 different restaurants (inside our hotels). One is an older server based and the other is a newer web based version. Both versions work very well. Their tech support is very knowledgeable if you ever need any help. Also, the POS software integrates well with our hotel software (Opera). The web based software is newer and great to be able to access remotely to run reports. We will be upgrading the old server based software to web based very soon.

Reasons for Choosing Oracle Food & Beverage POS

We knew it would integrate with Opera Hotel Property Management System.

MARILYNN from Dimitriou's Jazz Alley

A complete disaster

We are writing this review to express extreme disappointment in our Micros/Oracle POS system. In spring of 2014 we met with several POS venders and ultimately chose Micros because they promised 'at table' ordering and credit card support with their new hand-held devices. We were also promised a smooth transition from our previous POS system. Nearly two years have passed and our installation still has not been completed. The following are the problems that ensued. ' Training was a disaster. Their trainer came late and unprepared. Our entire staff was present and 'on the clock' as they sat waiting for the trainer to learn their product. Most of our staff's questions went unanswered. Our staff was left to figure things out on their own; both front and back of the house. ' The handhelds, which were the main reason for our purchase, have never worked properly. They frequently lock up while our servers are taking orders, causing duplicate orders and a lot of product waste. The hand held devices cause the delay of orders to our kitchen and bar, negatively impacting our guests. The credit card swipes on the hand held units have never worked. Oracle has still not come up with a solution after 2 years. Battery life is another issue. We were promised 6-8 hours between charges. We get three at best. ' The 'end of night' server reports are inaccurate. There are several glitches causing inaccurate data. The glitches occur when they are splitting checks, payments drop off of their 'end of night' report. Our servers do not trust their reports and spend a lot of time recalculating. ' The back of the house sales report is inaccurate and has never made sense. Occasionally the computer randomly drops sales tax from one of the server guest checks. Accounting and IT has spent hundreds of hours trying to find and fix these errors, without success. We have made many attempts to try to make this system work, including conversations with Oracle sales team and support. They have been completely ineffective in solving any of their systems short comings. In our opinion, our installation has never been completed. We were left with the dysfunctional equipment and inaccurate reports right from the beginning. If we are unable to resolve our problems we will be forced to look for a new POS system that is able to handle our restaurants' needs. We will not recommend this POS system to anyone at this time.

Pros

none

Cons

many

Em from Zen Japanese Grill and Sushi Bar

Say No To Oracle

I am the general manager of a restaurant who purchased a $20,000 system through Micros approximately 2 years ago. Everything started out great...Micros was FABULOUS until Oracle bought them out. Before Oracle took over 'IF' I had any problems or just general questions, I could almost immediately get a programmer or technician from the local office on the phone and they always had the answers...but then Oracle came along. We immediately began to have system issues that stayed unresolved because I was rarely ever contacted back by a service technician and when I was they made the problem worse, once even knocking my entire system off-line...it stayed that way for an entire weekend until a tech from the local office was sent out to fix it. He was one of the original people who installed my system and had the issue fixed within 15 minutes thankfully. He was amazing!!! It took dozens of phone calls, massive hold times, some profanity and a little crying on my end to actually get an onsite tech sent out. My Micros sales rep provided me with the email address of the head of Oracle's service dept...I've never heard back from him. The onsite tech told me that the local office had been downsized considerably and the employees that were left were forbidden by Oracle to speak directly with anyone about service issues. He also told me that the employees at the Oracle call center were never trained to use much less resolve issues with the Micros system. We have regretted the change to Micros ever since Oracle took over. Thankfully we haven't had any recent issues and I pray that we don't because it will be nothing but a headache. The owner of the restaurant I manage is in the process of opening a 2nd and 3rd restaurant...we will NOT be installing Oracle systems in either. It's a shame after spending $20,000 on a system along with paying yearly service contract fees that a person/company should be treated this way. We are both in the 'hospitality industry'...I would be mortified to know that any of my customers were treated this way!!

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied June 2016

Hello, Em - Thank you for your review. We would like to speak with you in order to mitigate the issues that you have been experiencing. We will forward this review to the service representative for your area, and someone will be contacting you soon. Thanks for you patience.

Jeffrey from Westin

Good System and easy to navigate once trained on, but Support and installation was brutally slow!

Pros

Good Navigation, programming in the backend is smooth. Cloud platform is nice as well as the app to view sales.

Cons

Reporting is troublesome and access for multiple users, seems to be a problem. Sales team was the worst I have ever worked with and took almost 2 years to get finished from the first quote. Kept getting re-quoted and paying a higher price as Oracle didn't have there act together. Was forced to take this product due to corporate policy or I would have chosen another option other than Oracle.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied May 2018

Hello, Jeffrey - Thanks for your review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you at this time by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. We are happy to help!!

Nicole from Airport Restaurant

Avoid Oracle/Micros if you know whats good for you.

They were quick to set up and get it working, but that's it. No other benefits whatsoever.

Pros

Not very much. When issues do happen (which is often), the IT and tech support that visits are always very friendly and helpful, but that's about it.

Cons

This company is a conglomerate nightmare. We were sold on the res 3700 system, which we were assured would be a great fit for our small restaurant and that the technology was well supported and would be updated frequently. None of that has happened. Almost every other week our tablets break down in one form or another. Ease of use is non-existent on the back-end, where creating buttons, running reports and getting any information is extremely complex and not user friendly. The tablets are somehow Oracle branded, which they don't make anymore. So whenever we have a problem they can't fix, we receive 'up-cycled' items from restaurants who have already abandoned this system. We were trapped in a 4 year contract, of which any updates or support to try to assist the barely functioning system would result in a complete renewal of contract! Finally we are 2 months away from leaving this company and never returning. Please, for the love of god, stay away. For everyone like me, you understand.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied March 2018

Hey, Nicole - Thank you for your honest review. We would like to get you the help you need to fix these issues. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with your contact information so that we may reach out to you. Thank you! --Oracle Marketing

Frank from Fraser River Lodge

Why is Oracle-Micros still in business?

Headaches with perhaps the most disorganized company ever dealt with. Not sure how they are sill in business. We will be letting our equipment from Micros go and switch to a provider with customer service.

Pros

The Micros - Oracle system is versatile and has many options to be used such as accounting and invoicing, inventory, etc.

Cons

Terrible customer service. Getting the runaround for 3 weeks. Nobody seems to be responsible for anything. Running in circles.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the review, Frank. We appreciate your feedback and want to get you assistance. We will be having a representative reach out to you!! Thanks. --Oracle Marketing

Judy from Hotel

Want your money with nothing in return

horrible- I would never wish this on my worst enemy they customer support is non existent

Pros

no much to like - easy to use when it works don't every try to upgrade

Cons

you have to buy every single interface for any of it to work slow and bogs down

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied November 2018

Hello, Judy - Thanks so much for your honest review. We are very sorry to hear of your negative experience with Oracle and we want to help resolve the issue as soon as possible. Can you please email samantha.james@oracle.com with your contact information and more information on the issue? We will be happy to have an executive reach out. Thanks! --Samantha

Julio from Hotel Fasano Angra dos Reis

My experience with Oracle Food & Beverage POS.

My experience is good! The little documentation available in Portuguese is not help, but support help when we need it.

Pros

The software has many good features, so i can't pinpoint a main one. What I can say is that its interface is very practical for POS operators.

Cons

I can't say I didn't like it, but I think the configuration part of SIMPHONY through EMC is very complex.

David from Giant Eagle, Inc.

Oracle Hospitality POS Review

Used in restaurants and in a QS kiosk environment. Mostly resolve issues ourselves. Had one major issue with database and help desk l1, and 2 were quick to resolve.

Pros

RES 3700 Customization. Quickly make changes to enterprise.

Cons

Cloud products. Lack of ongoing support in the future.

Justin from Boone Tavern

Oracle Support is the worst I have ever dealt with buy another product

Since the purchase of Micros by Oracle, the support standards have gone so far beyond sub par that I don't even receive phone calls back about issues I call in, the tickets just get closed when Oracle feels like it. They state that they have left messages with the site which is false as all technical calls are routed directly to me) plus my phone number and email are on every piece of documentation and yet they can't find the time to contact me before closing the case. During the installation of a new terminal, I kept records of the times that were worked, and yet the times that their staff submitted did not match the actual working times and they refused to adjust the issue to show the correct times. If you are thinking of buying this product, buy a different one simply do to the support

Pros

The software itself is fantastic and can be adapted readily when you know how to use it.

Cons

Working with Oracle in any fashion is tedious at best. They care nothing for their users and only seek to increase their profits while destroying any customers service that they could provide.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied December 2016

Hey, Justin - Thanks for the honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation and they will be contacting you. Please note that the Oracle winter break will run through Monday, January 2nd, so please expect a short delay. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing

Charlie from Eat n Park Hospitality Group

Great Enterprise Solution

Its nice to work with a large vendor but I feel the integrations are lagging

Pros

Stability and reliability. Large enough company that they are fiscally stable.

Cons

Lack of technical support in certain areas. Over complication of products and features. Failure to evolve and partner with 3rd parties

Wederson da Silva from Hospitality

Near to the Best

Overall I consider a very good system, but the price is too high.

Pros

I like the simplicity and how to use. For management is easy to use too. Few commands make a lot of preset things.

Cons

At the initial configuration, you need a technical specialist, because the manual is hard to understand at the begin.

Kelcie from Chipotle

Oracle

Pros

I liked that this software was efficient and had robust functionality

Cons

Difficult to learn how to use. Took me a long time to get up to speed on the inner/outer workings of it.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied January 2019

Hello, Kelcie! If you have any questions or need help with Oracle support or training, please reach out to us at foodbev-central_ww@oracle.com. We would love to help! Thanks!

Josh from Shaner Hotel Group

The Good & Bad - Oracle F & B

Our expectation was to slowly integrate into it, a couple of hotels at a time, etc. We really like it now, and there are occasional kinks still being worked out but overall moving efficiently now.

Pros

Our company recently switched to this software as we are in the hospitality industry this seemed like a logical choice. Once the kinks are worked out it is very easy to maneuver, look up certain items, etc.

Cons

The set up time, it took our company of about 45 hotels and some managed hotels about a year and half to get up to speed with the new system. Every other day during the transition stage it seemed like another issue popped up.

Ryan from The Stables Farm to Fork Bistro

I'd give zero stars if it was an option...

Pros

Great local support from reps and IT. I felt a sense they really cared and supported my business. That's it... that's the only positive and it's heavily outweighed by the negatives.

Cons

Was a Micros customer at a previous job and liked the ability to dig into the reporting side of things. This is not the same company I remember. Was sold on the Symphony system only to find out it was being pulled from the shelves weeks before I opened my restaurant, with a lot of money already invested I had little choice but to settle for Res 3700, a very outdated version of a POS system, simple tasks such as splitting and combining cheques are a nightmare to complete if they work at all. The overall UI is very clunky and very unintuitive. The worst part by far has been the overseas customer support (which is really an oxymoron) who show little empathy to the plights of a small business owner they are unwilling to work with a start up trying to find footing in the tough restaurant market. My local reps were great and touted how well Oracle Micros works with the small business owner, I came to find out once a problem left the local level they showed little remorse or willingness to work together. There are many, MANY, better POS options out there for restauranteurs. If I could go back and do it all over again I would not have signed with this company sadly I am stuck with them as I do not have the capital to make a switch.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied February 2018

Hi Ryan - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation in your area, a member of our team will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any immediate questions by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thank you - Oracle Marketing

jesus from tea pot - 23 stores!

Nice software

Online reporting Inventory track

Pros

Because of the no. Of transactions we handle a day we could.not find any other sw robust to handle them

Cons

Price! But we could match our budget. The sales person and the techie guy help us to work on the ROI and the board could make a good choice

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the review, Jesus. We really appreciate the positive words about our solutions! Please let us know if you need anything - Oracle Marketing

Dave from Dough Religion

Expensive and primitive

Not overly enthused by this point of sale. It's a bit archaic, glitchy and limiting. Not to mention expensive.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Difficult to navigate. Unreliable.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied February 2017

Hey, Dave. Thanks for the review. Is there any questions you have that we might be able to assist you with in order to improve your experience? We are here to help. Feel free to email us at OracleHosp_ww@oracle.com to start the conversation. Thanks. --Oracle Marketing

Robert from TASTE

Frustrating. Painful.

Pros

It works some of the time. When we have issues, 10% of the time I get a really great and competent support tech. The rest of the time I deal with someone who I feel like I'm teaching. Most issues take months to resolve.

Cons

Archaic interface & configuration. But what's really terrible is the customer support since Oracle took over with their "silo" system. Every time we have a problem we're starting at square one with someone who knows nothing about our system or business. It's awful. Only when problems are critical is it worth navigating "support". Perhaps that's the Oracle business model?

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied May 2018

Hello, Robert - We are very sorry to hear about your frustrations with Oracle support. Please email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com or marketing at samantha.james@oracle.com. We can get your request to support escalation and to a team who can see your past support requests and will be able to help you. Thanks for your patience!!!

Micros

Pros

The software is very user friendly and allows for easy training.

Cons

I would love a reorder button to make it easier for times when there are duplicate orders.

Angel from Zaxbys

Industry: Restaurants

Oracle good and beverage pos

Oracle POS was so easy to use and train crew on how to find all menu items.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to find items on the Oracle POS. And how easy it was to train crew members to use the POS system.

Cons

I don't feel like I had any Cons with the Oracle POS unless the internet was acting up. I did like every about using the pos

Gustavo H from Palcio Tangar

One of the best F&B software for hospitality

Pros

Easy to use Lots of Reports Great for Operations

Cons

Support needs to be improved and Configurations are not easy if you never used Micros softwares

Excellent and friendly service

All good and works perfectly

Pros

User friendly application and design and team was excellent

Cons

Gst tax slot need to be extra and no user activity log

Harutyun from Ritz London

Normal sofware

A useful software to prepare lists, tables and does not require hard knowledge of it.

Pros

The software is simple, once learned all the needed steps, can use easily. Can easily be used when multitasking.

Cons

The program as itself is suitable for computers, but for tablet or phone its such a big deal to use.

Dan from GHM Hotels

Look for any other alternative. Dont buy Symphony

We have 17 properties using Micros Symphony and we have begun migrating to newer and better systems. Word of advise no matter what you are told, DO NOT spend a second considering Oracle for any of your hospitality needs. Never again!

Pros

Micros is well known and has a long history in the industry.

Cons

Micros Symphony is an outdated product. It is developed on old technology using old programming techniques. The product is slow and very very maintenance intensive. The system is not easy to use, and certainly not easy to setup. Its a bad investment in every sense of the word. To cap an already bad investment you need to know that you cannot rely on support, which is effectively innexiatant.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied January 2019

Hello, Dan - We would like to help address these issues for you as soon as possible. Please email me at samantha.james@oracle.com so I can get you in touch with support escalation! Thanks!

Akash from Novotel

Disastrous

Pros

Nothing at all. Oracle is only being used because a bunch senior managers have chosen this product and do not even use it themselves.

Cons

This is supposed to be used by users worldwide yet it seems to be configured, designed by a dumb person. The scroll bar stays stuck till the last option on the list. Seriously these are basics. When putting a profile note for a guest in a specific room, after going into the room toy further have to go into the profile and further select from a list of options to leave a trace. It surely could be simpler. When doing payments the EFTPOS button does not work why is it even there in that case.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied August 2019

Hello, Akash! Thanks for your honest review. Can you please email thierry.guiraudios@oracle.com with your contact information? We would love better understand the situation and help improve it! Thanks!

Martin from Cozumel INC.

The Worst POS system Customer service sucks !

Pros

day to day function is not difficult but changing things in back montior is headache there should be a easier way to change items.

Cons

The Worst POS system I have been trying to get support for a month and now they tell me after back and forth with several customer service representatives apparently I have failed to pay support status which never received a bill for and now I called to try to pay the bill and they are closed. Im trying to run my business and need important information and they can't get me a representative to come out and fix my issue.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied January 2018

Hi Martin - Thank you for your honest review. We have forwarded this information to support escalation and sales in your area, a member of our team will reach to you as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any immediate questions by emailing at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks! -- Oracle Marketing

STEPHANIE from RICHARD WALKERS PANCAKE HOUSE

Oracle Hospitality POS

The customer service rep was great and help me fix my problem ASAP

Pros

ease to work with

Cons

disconnections

August 2016

Chris from Bakery Cafe

August 2016

The most terrible company

Honestly this product is difficult to operate. Hard to program and the very worst customer service I have experienced in the industry.

Pros

None

Rodrigo from Hacienda patagonia

Really bad se4vice for the high price

Is an expensive software very complete, with modules for alm0st every aspect of restaurant administration, but it is very difficult to achieve even the 75% of its capabilities.

Pros

Very useful for sales

Cons

Very very poor service since micros merge into oracle. No response to several cases, only explanations and promises. I even lost the Spanish support (I am from South America). I invested over us$ 25.000 in The platform, and forced to pay an high amount of money per year to have support. But for more than 1 year I almost have nothing. Very disappointing

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied June 2016

Hello, Rodrigo - Thank you for your honest review. We would like to contact you regarding the issues you have experienced. We are forwarding this to our LATAM sales manager, and someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you!

July 2016

jeremiah from edison grill llc

July 2016

WORST SERVICE EVER AND ITS NOT GETTING ANY BETTER .

THE WORST COSTUMER EVER! I love this heading from Oracle "were hanging on every word" but nothing changes! Money invested in this company and I can't even get someone to speak to in English. multiple phone calls made this person on break call back in 45 minutes call backstay on hold for another 45 minutes and boom someone I can't understand. I have money coming out of my account every month and you're still sending me bills.your customer service has destroyed the quality of micros product I can't believe you continue your hospitality business the way you do ! do you even read your reviews? Do you understand people in the restaurant business don't have time for this kind of bs? FYI I am a reputable business owner I do pay my bills and customer service is always #1 at my place of business ! and yes I did leave a review before so I'm sure I will get the same response as everyone else did. "we would like your contact info so we can resolve any issues as quickly as possible " clearly nothing is getting resolved by this company. PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY IN THIS COMPANY.

Hyo moon from Bibigo International LLC

Oracle can't fix their own system problems, shame! Symphony

Don't waste your money and time on this kind of product. I trusted their name value "Oracle". I should have chose NCR, Toast or Square. I feel betrayed.

Pros

None. simply go over the review who can be satisfied with this.

Cons

SR 3-18163661171 : Sales Mix Names Alignment Issue This is my service ticket and by today, it has been 21 days. what kind of restaurant can't even find out what kind food they are selling? Their techs don't even know what is causing this and don't even let us know updates and progress. I still don't know what kind meat we are selling on the report. This is not a first time, we had some issues and sometime their POS is not working at all, so we have backup POS from other company. we have replaced their system twice already this year for two different locations. worst product and service. I heard that Starbuck is using Symphony and I don't know how they are doing. I have visited one of our locations in UTC San Diego and we had a problem with Symphony and at the same time Starbuck had a problem too. I am not sure whether it was the same issue or not. they need to fix things right. Maybe hire more techs to fix things in timely manner.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied September 2018

Hello, Hyo Moon. We are very sorry to hear of this issue and have alerted support management. They will be reaching out to you today. Please email me at samantha.james@oracle.com if you need further assistance - I am happy to help! Thanks for your patience!

Frank from Contav, LLC

Oracle Hospitality is an Abomination!!

None whatsoever

Pros

There is absolutely nothing good to say about Oracle Hospitality. I have no idea how they are still in business and why they haven't been sued out of existence!

Cons

I say ditto to all the other abysmal reviews on this page. My only question is: Why hasn't anyone filed a class action suit against Oracle to recover our losses?

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied September 2017

Hey, Frank - Thank you for your honest review, and we are sorry to hear that you have had issues with our company. We have brought your comments to the regional sales director in your territory, and someone will be reaching out ASAP to you. Please let us know if you have any additional comments/questions by emailing us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks for your patience! --Oracle Marketing

Anum from Sahara Management, Inc.

Oracle Review

Simple and easy to use software. Still a lot to explore and learn about this software

Pros

Oracle is been used by one of our company's brand - Dunkin. All our stores are slowly planning to switch over to this software. It's easy, user friendly. My personal favorite feature is the flagged sign that shows if someone has made any changes to employee hours etc. It helps to detect the problem easily.

Cons

I haven't spent that much time learning the software, so I believe if there is any option to live chat and learn about some of the features, that would be helpful for beginners.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied November 2019

Thank you, Anun, for the review!

Joanna from Nakoma Resort

Oracle F&B POS

As mentioned above, I really like the reporting features that allowed me to track my business revenue and costs.

Pros

Oracle Food and Beverage POS was software that I used at a previous company. I appreciated the reporting options this software provided.

Cons

I do not recall having any issues with this software. It was always easy to program and use. Nothing that I disliked about it.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your review! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Please email us at oracle-foodandbev_ww@oracle.com. Thanks!

Sean from The Marq

Oracle Is Driving Micros Into The Ground

Pros

I have many years of experience with Micros and their old team. Almost everyone has been replaced by a tangled mess emails, support portals and non functioning numbers.

Cons

The automatic response to email oracle at the help email address is the worst way to tell a customer to figure it out on your own.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied March 2018

Hello, Sean - Thank you for your honest review. We are addressing this issue, and we will reach out to you shortly. Thanks for your patience, and please reach out to us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com with further inquiries. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

James from Marriott Vacation Club International

Nothing but trouble doesn't work over half the time

Cons

Literally everything its cost my restaurant thousands it doesn't work 70% of the time customer service is non existent micros seems to actually enjoy ripping its customers off the system doesn't work period.

Response from Oracle Hospitality

Replied July 2017

Hey, James! Thanks for your feedback. We have forwarded this issue over to the appropriate managers, and someone will be reaching out to your restaurant shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at oraclehosp_ww@oracle.com. Thanks! --Oracle Marketing

Max from Marriott intl

Great Product!

Fulfillment of customer needs and apt communication with staff.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of usability and customization.

Cons

The platform can be rigid at times but overall my dissatisfaction is minimal.

JaVon from Raising Canes

Oracle Hospitality POS - JA

Pros

Oracle POS allows you to easily dive into all transactions for your company to monitor facets such as voids, sales, and discounts.

Cons

Oracle's software isn't the easiest to learn how to use.