What are PayPal Zettle users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PayPal Zettle software through verified user reviews

1,912 Reviews

1,319

• icon"PayPal here is perfect for any small business owner. It is extremely easy to use, and the user interface looks perfect."
  • icon"This is an excellent platform. The templates are easy to use."
  • icon"Ease of integration is excellent, as with almost all PayPal services/APIs."
  • icon"The problem with this payment method is that some of our clients do not have an account because they do not have credit cards."
  • icon"The thing I dislike is the same thing I dislike about all card readers."
  • icon"Sometime paypal fails to solve the issue on time and their SLA and sometime I felt that they have poor internal ticketing system. Since you have to tell your problem again and again."

Browse all PayPal Zettle Reviews

• Have you used PayPal Zettle and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,882 reviews

Ashley

Industry: Cosmetics

LOVE AT FIRST PAYMENT! LOL LITERALLY.

AS I STATED BEFORE, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO)." IT MAKES OWNING A BUSINESS EASIER AND HELPS YOU FEEL LIKE A BOSS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Pros

EASY SIGN UP, PAYPAL IS WELL KNOWN AND USED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO).

Cons

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO CONS! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

HANDS DOWN, ITS SIMPLE, EASY, QUICK AND TRUSTWORTHY.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

SQUARE WAS A LITTLE MORE DIFFICULT, EXPENSIVE AND NOT AS CREDIBLE AS PAYPAL HERE.

Eduardo

Industry: Cosmetics

May 2022

Easy to process the pays of your customers.

Pros

It easy to use for your customers. And it is so secure for processing pay for the customer and the business.

Cons

Sometimes we had a problems with the gateway, because Paypal couldn't process the customer credit card and lose the sell.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

It dosent a switch, We call it as a alternative solution for my customer.

Jason

Had nothing but issues

I really wanted to like it. But once we started using it, it was horrible. The card reader would rarely connect to the tablet. I had to switch back to my other processor

Pros

It was a nice card reader. I liked that it should work with my tablet and phone.

Cons

The card reader never worked constantly and support was lacking.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

I thought it would be a good backup. But the whole Zettle team failed me.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

I liked the card reader. I also thought it would be a good backup

Zeki

Industry: Program Development

April 2022

Lo mejor para cobrar seguro

Lo uso a diario en mi empresa para todo tipo de transacciones internas y siempre me ha funcionado genial! Es una de las mejores opciones para realizar trámites económicos con clientes tanto nuevos como clientes de confianza.

Pros

Lo que más me gustó de Paypal Zettle es la rapidez que tiene el producto para gestionar los pagos y cobros que se realizan por ventas individuales. Lo bueno de este artículo es que no sirve para pequeñas, medianas y grandes empresas sino que también lo pueden usar las personas emprendedoras.

Cons

Solo una vez me pasó que no me podía concretar un cobro con un cliente pero solo fue cuestión de unos minutos, nada que sea culpa de Paypal.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

Por su marketing y su facilidad de uso, es increíblemente rápido y superó mis expectativas.

Lindokuhle

Best experience with PayPal Zettle

Overall, I appreciate using this program since it is so simple to go around all of my platforms, which are all connected to where I obtain all of my business information. It has truly been the best software.

Pros

With the Zettle card reader, small businesses may not only collect payments in person, but also handle sales, inventory, reporting, and payments.

Cons

Accounts can be frozen; multichannel sales are available; there is no offline mode.It could take up to two business days to get your funds. Customer service can be difficult to come by.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

I wanted to explore other apps and the charges were low

Carol Ann

June 2022

Zettle is perfect for those that need to accept Card Payments

I really appreciate the speed at which payments arrive in my bank account.

Pros

I really like the look and size of my Zettle card reader, the software is very easy to use and payments reach my bank account really quickly - There are no downsides to Zettle.

Cons

There are no downsides to Zettle it is just perfect the way it is.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

I chose Zettle because I have used and trusted PayPay for years and Zettle is a owned by PayPal. I also liked the look of the Zettle as it looks more serious and substantial than the others.

Benchea

May 2022

POS system is ideal for nearly any business

Pros

It's really easy to use and intuitive, you can set up an account really quickly.

Cons

I didn't have any problems with paypal so far.

Ash

Industry: Think Tanks

Zettle

Pros

The most impactful thing is how easy it is to send money

Cons

Nothing I don't think I've come across anything bad so far

Easier

Sherezzada

May 2022

Paypal as a great payment platform

It has been great and benefits me in many ways when it comes to receiving and making payments.

Pros

Payments are made fast and easy than other platforms

Cons

The verification process takes to long, meaning getting the code to verify your account

Hossam

Dr Hos tech review

Excellent experience make my work easily and can track any payment and save my money!

Pros

Fast , reliable safe payments and transfer can be refunded if any problems and tracking

Cons

Some time delay of responding of IOS APP

Tama

Industry: Veterinary

Perfect for small to medium businesses

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account. For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

The fees were more reasonable for us as a nonprofit, and the seamless integration with our existing PayPal account was a big plus for us. It was also a more familiar interface for our users, and at the time had better options for setting up individual user access so that we could have some people who could only take payments, others who can process both payments and refunds, and admins who can see full balances, make transfers, etc.

Kevin

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner. I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me. You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Joshua

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card. The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

I already had a PayPal account, so PayPal Here definitely was the easiest way to go.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

Cash.app wasn't a professional way of accepting payment and it didn't really create a legitimate record as far as business deals were concerned. Plus, I had to wait for money to be transferred to my bank before having access to the funds.

Mary

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

I like Paypal the company and trust the company. The app, when first presented, seemed like a good idea, but at first I wasn't sold. When I found how many people were will to use the app because it was associated with the Paypal name, I was sold. I don't think I will ever try another app like this one at this point.

PayPal Here Review

My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

I wanted to give PayPal here a try to see if it was any better than Square but I found them to be very similar in what they do but the best part about PayPal Here is, that the company gives away the hardware for free once in a while.

Obrian

Industry: Civil Engineering

PayPal zettle I love it

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

PayPal is simple the best I’ve always love PayPal products so I make the switch as soon as I learned about zettle

Zuhairah

Very convenient in making payment

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

Payoneer is too complicated for personal use and the payment process is taking too long to complete.

Fabian

April 2022

Get rid of ties and tortuous banking procedures, just use PayPal Zettle

The experience with PayPal Zettle SoftWare has been satisfactory, we have increased our sales and expanded our field of action, time, economic and human resources have been optimized, it has been a magnificent investment since with it many inconveniences that we had with it have been solved. the recession caused by the Covid19 pandemic, with this tool we have fulfilled our sales program without any problem.

Pros

It is worth the investment of this tool, it is an easy-to-use system, it allows you to have an inventory control with photographic history or barcode or as you best decide, in addition to having your income secure without counting on the cumbersome methods of the traditional financial systems to carry out your transactions, saving time and money, you can customize the processes in an orderly manner at the time of billing, the most important thing is that you have control all the time in each process, you have the support and technical backing of the service of attention to the client of the creators of this important SoftWare, that take care of all the needs and doubts of their clients. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cons

If we start to analyze this system in relation to others with similar characteristics and functionality, the PayPal Zettle SoftWare has certain things that do not even reach the point of disqualification, the inconveniences that arise are solved with a brief chat with the customer service and it is solved immediately, it is what we have verified in our company.

Anthony

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged. Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

I tried Square and a couple others (I think Quicken had one) some years back and found the funds accessibility and fee structure to be better with PayPal, and my so I stayed with PayPal. The other ones had either higher fees on some cards or didn't even accept one or two at the time (Discover and/or Amex).

Elizabeth

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Lorena

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business. And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time. The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Coty

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Easier to use and integrated with my PayPal Business account

Great for POS

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

Ease of use and availability on different platforms

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

Ease of use, quicker deposits

Jessica

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

Reasons for switching to PayPal Zettle

The features paypal had to offer were more gearex towards bussinesses. I felt.more professional and successful with Paypal.

Frank

Very Helpful to a Small Business

We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Reasons for choosing PayPal Zettle

Name recognition and ease of use for the customer.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,882 reviews