(1,026)

1,026

• Pros

• "I love this app, it helps me a lot to receive it in many ways, simple and practical. I use it daily to do motions is excellent."

• "This software is very simple and straight forward. I've never had an issue using the app. I love that I am able to swipe cards with my phone!"

• "This app is awesome very easy to maneuver. awesome features "

• Cons

• "Paypal here can be a bit of a pain to set up, although customer support was extremely helpful."

• "The refund does take a while before it is refunded to your account, but other than that the software is great."

• "It would be nice if the fees were a bit lower, but I'm happy with the product overall. The reader can sometimes not connect well if your phone has a case. "

Browse PayPal Here Reviews

Ashley from RODWELL INDUSTRIES

Industry: Cosmetics

LOVE AT FIRST PAYMENT! LOL LITERALLY.

AS I STATED BEFORE, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO)." IT MAKES OWNING A BUSINESS EASIER AND HELPS YOU FEEL LIKE A BOSS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Pros

EASY SIGN UP, PAYPAL IS WELL KNOWN AND USED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO).

Cons

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO CONS! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

HANDS DOWN, ITS SIMPLE, EASY, QUICK AND TRUSTWORTHY.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

SQUARE WAS A LITTLE MORE DIFFICULT, EXPENSIVE AND NOT AS CREDIBLE AS PAYPAL HERE.

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card. The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I already had a PayPal account, so PayPal Here definitely was the easiest way to go.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Cash.app wasn't a professional way of accepting payment and it didn't really create a legitimate record as far as business deals were concerned. Plus, I had to wait for money to be transferred to my bank before having access to the funds.

PayPal Here Review

My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

I wanted to give PayPal here a try to see if it was any better than Square but I found them to be very similar in what they do but the best part about PayPal Here is, that the company gives away the hardware for free once in a while.

Dexter from as3k

Care very little if anything about customer satisfaction

If one does not care about interaction with this type company you have found your match. Bought a piece of software and used it or attempted to. Customer service attempted to install it for me and could not get it to work. I finally gave up and Paddle.com/Paypal would not refund even given the fact that their staff had attempted to get it installed. Paypal stated that downloaded software is deemed to have been delivered and refused to work out a sensible solution.

Pros

The ability to pay without exposing my credit cards to potential hackers carries a semblance of comfort!

Cons

They were absolutely the best until Synchrony became part of the package. Since this marriage customers get stonewalled and even though I had been a customer for over 17 years they decided (because I sometimes use a VPN) to cancel my use of the program. In the bylaws, they are required to send an explanation of any changes to your account. Which I still have not received! You really have not lived until you attempt to contact them when you have a problem. It took 4 days of leaving messages through email and no one could even offer a reason. After being a customer for 17 years one would think at least an email attempting to inquire about the problem would have been forthcoming! But I guess that exceeds their care to maintain a relationship.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

At that time they were the only ones doing this. You can count on one thing though. There are several competitors now and I will change once I have had a chance to review them.

Zuhairah from Public Bank

Very convenient in making payment

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Payoneer is too complicated for personal use and the payment process is taking too long to complete.

Jennifer from Buttermilk’s

Great for POS

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Ease of use and availability on different platforms

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Ease of use, quicker deposits

Giovanni from notre dame des dunes

Industry: Research

Facile d'utilisation, attention aux blocages parfois injustifiés

Paypal permet de facilité les paiements des clients, facilement en toute sécurité, sans qu'ils aient besoin d'ajouter leurs cartes bancaire, cela permet donc d'augmenter votre chiffre d'affaire et le nombre de clients. Certains potentiels clients ne vont pas effectuer leurs achats si le paiement par paypal n'est pas disponible.

Pros

Paypal facilite l'envoie d'argent en toute sécurité, à nos proches, nos préstataires ou nos clients en général. Paypal permet également de faire ses achats sur internet en toutes sécurité; en cas de litige ou de moindre problème, un remboursement est réalisé très facilement et rapidement. Paypal est ainsi parfait pour la consommation et pour les besoins de la vie quotidienne.

Cons

Paypal bloque régulierement mon argent dans le cadre de mes différents business. Cela pourrait parraître normal pour des actions froduleurses, cependant parfois, l'argent est bloqué sans réelle justification..

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

stripe est très similaire à paypal néanmoins, il y a beaucoup moins de blocage.

Easy to use; great for occasional use

Overall positive experience. My original card scanner broke so I had to purchase another. I wish they would give another for free especially if the original one stops working.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly fee. I can use it as much or as little as I want for my business. It is easy to set up with different point of sale items and can even add pictures.

Cons

I do not like that you can't archive items to pull up to use again. That feature would be great to have. The processing rate isn't that great compared to other processors but is manageable for occasional use or special events.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

No monthly fees and connects to my PayPal business account for easy transferring. Set up took little time.

Willie from A&W Mobile Solutions

Industry: Computer Hardware

Most user friendly for accepting in person payments

Overall this app is the most user friendly I've ever used and the usage fees are minimal compared to other apps like paypal here I recommend this app to any small business

Pros

Love how easy this app is to use and love how you can save your product or service by individual selections for easy future checkout

Cons

I can't find anything I didn't like about this app I give it five stars two thumbs up. Every small business should use this app.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

The paypal here app works better with paypal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

My business uses paypal for most transactions so it only made sense to have all paypal products.

Scott from Willis machine

Industry: Machinery

PayPal here is the best way to take card payments with your cell phone

I’ve had nothing but a great experience using PayPal here. I previously used a competing software and it was horrible in comparison. PayPal here will be around for a long time because it’s just a great program.

Pros

So convenient to be able to take credit/debit card payments with your cell phone! Payments go straight into your PayPal account and are available immediately. Very easy to use, just plug the card swiper into the headphone jack on your cell phone and you’re good to start taking payments.

Cons

The only negative thing I can think of to say about PayPal here is the transaction fee is a little on the high side, wouldn’t mind seeing it a little lower.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Because square was one of the worst company’s I’ve ever dealt with

Jon from Construction

Easy, convenient payments with Paypal Here

Overall very happy with my experience with Paypal Here. It is quick and easy for both the customer and vendor, especially with contactless payments options. The fees are fair and one of the lowest I have encountered. Plus the Paypal name is trustworthy. I highly encourage anyone to look into this payment software and system.

Pros

The software offers a lot of convenient for my business because it allows for easy and instant payments from customers. It has also saved us a lot of payment processing fees, which are lower than most other services.

Cons

Setup is a little daunting but is worth doing right to take advantage of the convenience of having it.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Liked the options and price better than what I was getting with Square.

Kevin from Chrysler

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner. I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me. You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Others weren't as mature as paypal initially, paypal is still easiest and quickest to use. We're always comparing alternatives pretty closely. Paypal still has best terms. Other APIs are more flexible, and all allows for simpler customization. Paypal has more recently made some improvements to their developer API. Also they've dramatically sped up the website, which sort of makes the easy-to-manage stuff even easier. They've increased the number of ways to get money in and out, including adopting many customer suggestions such as immediate transfers. If you're selling direct to consumers in 2019 you may want to consider another payment service that is a bit more behind the scenes, but be prepared to invest more time in testing and maintaining it.

Mary from Mabelmae's Attic

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I like Paypal the company and trust the company. The app, when first presented, seemed like a good idea, but at first I wasn't sold. When I found how many people were will to use the app because it was associated with the Paypal name, I was sold. I don't think I will ever try another app like this one at this point.

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are. Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Alisha from Hilton

Great for online business!

I personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

PayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.

Eleni from Owl Always Love You Custom Jewelry

Easy to use .

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Mostly from the reviews.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

Reviews and personal experience with the service.

Anthony from KneeToe Creations

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged. Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I tried Square and a couple others (I think Quicken had one) some years back and found the funds accessibility and fee structure to be better with PayPal, and my so I stayed with PayPal. The other ones had either higher fees on some cards or didn't even accept one or two at the time (Discover and/or Amex).

Elizabeth from Rebel Popcorn

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Lorena from PanHouse Casa Editorial

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business. And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time. The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

suman from Nthrive

Paypal Pay Fast everywhere

Paypal Invoicing has always been one of the closest since its inception.No matter you are a big business or a mid side or small size business or even if you are an individual,they got something for everyone which really shows how caring they are for one and all.Best in business to sent or receive payment without using huge pile of papers.create invoice in few clicks and get paid , one can easily edit invoice as per the needs and the smooth transaction\ experience they provide is unbeatable.Will have more in days to come as even API also comes for all.

Pros

What I really like about paypal invoicing is no matter where you are sitting ,just get your money reach you in the superfast way by spending a minimum time to create a invoice in few clicks ,which one could ever imagine. I thing paypal invoicing change the complete picture of global financial industries and it established themselves in such a way that people or business cannot think of any other else or any other name except PAYPAL for doing business ,whether it sending or receiving money with a invoice or accessing multiple currencies in the easiest form,its completely unique ,even the API functionality its amazing .

Cons

If I compare to other big competitor in the business , I fee like they are not doing or spending to much on the advertising part because this is one of the best medium and how could they are limiting themselves in the advertising part .I think they are not trying to give a imagination which others are taking advantage like working with advertisement in 5D,6D or 10 D.which they need to look into and I want it from payal to show who they are .create imagination for people.

Coty from Infinite Pixel

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Easier to use and integrated with my PayPal Business account

Paul from Ayala's Small Business Consulting

Simple, powerful and mobile invoicing

As a Small Business Consultant, Bookkeeping, Full Service Payroll and Income Tax Preparation are just some of the services I provide to small businesses and self-employed independent contractors. I require the ability to invoice my clients in various ways in accordance with the terms and conditions defined in their specific retainer contracts. PayPal Invoicing fits my needs so well that I have chosen to use it instead of invoicing features included in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Wave Accounting, Freshbooks or any other accounting software solution. Best of all, using PayPal Invoicing in conjunction with my PayPal for Business mobile app and PayPal Business Card has enabled me to eliminate the delays in receiving payments from my clients that result from all of those other options.

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, submit and track. Default settings and multiple templates can be configured for easier invoicing and recurring invoices can be setup too. Get the PayPal for Business mobile app and a PayPal Business Card and you have the absolute quickest process to invoice your clients/customers and receive payment immediately, from anywhere. No more waiting days to receive a deposit into your bank account. As soon as your invoice is paid, you can withdraw the funds from an ATM, request a cash withdrawal and pick it up at your nearest Walmart, or simply pay for goods and services directly with your PayPal Business Card.

Cons

Multiple options for payments terms to choose from, but no custom option available. For example, standard terms like Net 30 available, but no way to enter custom payments terms like Net 5 (nothing fewer than 10 days available).

Jessica from Triaq Healthcare

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

The features paypal had to offer were more gearex towards bussinesses. I felt.more professional and successful with Paypal.

Frank from New To You

Very Helpful to a Small Business

We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Name recognition and ease of use for the customer.

Akande from Hunter Industries

A great invoicing solution for business

Overall, PayPal invoicing is a great tool that is included with your PayPal business account, meaning there is no annual fee or monthly fee associated with it. It allows you to track on-app and off-app payments as well which is nice.

Pros

PayPal's invoicing offering is exceptionally easy to use and learn. I transitioned from another product to PayPal invoicing and was impressed with the robust features, customizable options and overall performance of the application.

Cons

There are some limitations around payment options and allowing multiple payments on a single invoice. You can make a deposit, but no features or functionality around milestone payments for example, which would be really nice.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

FreshBooks had a nominal cost for essentially the same functionality, so it made more sense to make the full switch to PayPal.

Harley from Due Process International, LLC

My "Go To" Billing System

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Ease of use for small business.

If you sell, trade or freelance, you need PayPal

Good!

Pros

The most important thing about PayPal Here App is that it’s easy to set up! A quick download, register your account and link it to your bank account which doubles as your verification process enables you to start collecting payments as fast as possible! If you take debit/credit card payments then you can’t do without PayPal! I sell goods in store and online, so having a POS that is scaleable across various platforms is extremely important for my business. Once payment is received, it’s easy to figure out the source, the amount and your total balance on account in one window! The App is available across several platforms, whether it’s a tablet, iPhone or android!

Cons

Cons per the App is that moving money to your linked bank account is not automated, as you have to manually move the amount to your designated bank account unless you use a PayPal card. Also, getting customer support is not pretty straightforward and getting someone to talk to is near impossible due to the difficulty in getting hold of the number. It’s however easy to send a mail.

Maikel from Self-Employed

Safe but costy

Since I have started Papal, I always had great experience, its safe, reliable and secure: The 3 words when you deal with clients and money. customer service is understanding and reliable. PayPal offers more ways to connect with them than the traditional banks. Also, the fact that you get a code for each "situation" you have it facilites the exchange of information. With PayPal you can general many kind of reports, something that normal bank account dont all have.

Pros

At the time of Covid, we are always looking for new ways to keep transactions cashless. This new feature with Paypal gives me, as a seller, a new way to get paid. It is great to have this add on for my business because many clients rely on Paypal for their purchases/sells. Not Paypal is becoming more centralised for all my sells. Also clients appreciate it because they have all their favorite methods of payment under same same application. It replaces the old fashion "apple wallet or google pay"

Cons

The cost of this feature is expensive to the seller. If we compare it to other debit/credit cards terminal on the market, it costs more.

Daniel from Eat A Pita Food Truck/Catering

Easy Money Transfers

I have the Paypal debit card now, which I have been using as my food/ingredient purchasing business card. I transfer êxcess funds to my checking account. No problems with the card thus far.

Pros

Having a very small business, food truck, it is crucial that I save as much money on services as I can. Paypal is free for me to use and pennies on the dollar to transfer funds to my bank account. Paypal comes in handy when collecting deposits for catering gigs. I can simply email my customer an invoice and they can transfer the 50% deposit directly to Paypal. This saves me time, which is equal to money, by not having to physically meet my customer to retrieve my deposit. Plus it saves me a trip to bank. Frees up a lot of time I need for food shopping and prep.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes a hassle and large transfers take longer to process. I suppose its a security thing, but I have been a customer of theirs for over 5 years and should have a better understanding of my pattern of transfer amounts.

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Easy to use, as long as I can get the card scanner to work.

Overall, I think this app and pay experience is a great way to have small organizations have the ability to take these types of payments in various situations and locations. However, if the card reader doesn't operate well, it defeats the purpose and can make the organization look unprepared or unorganized.

Pros

This app is set up in a very user friendly format. I like the use of the larger font sizes for all text and buttons. I use this app for fundraising events, so having the option to filter items to each event is a great feature. The sale area is clear and easy to edit if a mistake is made. The sales activity area is also very user friendly, and easy to manage and review sales. The look and feel of the app is very well paired with the website experience.

Cons

My only issue with this app is that I have repeated trouble using the swipe card reader. Even upon receiving a new reader with a new iPad, I sometimes have to swipe 4 times to get the card to read. This is not ideal when I have a donor standing there watching me and I have to apologize. I always test the reader before each event with my own card, to see what problems arise. Luckily, I typically only have to use the card reader with individuals I know and work with, so it's not as much of an embarrassment. I have taken the iPad out of the case to see if the connection would work better. Sometimes that does work better but not always.

Silvanus from FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC

Industry: Dairy

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far. Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants. you can trust my word for it

Pros

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Here

i needed a more sophisticated product

Worth it if you already use Paypal

Paypal Here App allowed me to process payments in person relatively efficiently. It was important for me to have a way to do this, and Paypal offered an easy solution to this problem. I eventually moved on to other payment processors but it was highly useful to use Paypal Here since I didn't have to create another set of logins and could connect it immediately to my existing Paypal account.

Pros

It's easy to connect to your Paypal account so whatever money you process with the chip reader will be directly transferred to your Paypal account. It doesn't require a contract, which was a plus for me. It's a free software unless you upgrade your card reader to one that also accepts chip and contactless cards. It does have the security guarantees of Paypal, which is a plus.

Cons

It has fees for international currencies. It also becomes a more lengthy process to get your payments if the amounts exceed certain thresholds in a given period of time. Paypal in general has customer service that gets the job done but doesn't really make resolving issues simple or easeful. You also have to execute an action yourself to transfer the money from your Paypal account (after it's automatically deposited there from the processing) to your bank account, so it does add one more thing to do to your list.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

At the time, PayPal Here App seemed like an easier to implement solution since I was already a PayPal user. Eventually I did switch to Stripe in order to better integrate the whole payment solution into my website and in person.

Relieable Product

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

It has been around longer so I just continued to use it when others came out.

ASHLEY from Ashley's Fitness Party

PayPal Invoicing made my business transactions simple!

My overall experience with PayPal Invoicing has been very satisfying. It has saved me a ton of time in processing invoices and payments with my constantly revolving personal training client contracts.

Pros

What I like most about the PayPal Invoicing software is that I can electronically send an invoice to a personal training client within minutes. I have many clients weekly and they are all on different contracts. There are 2-week, 30 day and 45 day contracts. Therefore, I need to be able to quickly create and send new invoices to clients as their contracts expire. PayPal Invoicing allows me the opportunity to renew invoices from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The only issue I have had with PayPal Invoicing is when I first started using the product, my first client payment was placed on hold for a week, because it was a large amount and they needed to do an additional verification process. That was definitely an inconvenience to my business.

Joyce from Real Vision Studio

Very Easy To Use~

I've used it for several years and have had very few issues. When I did, support was easy to deal with!

Pros

Cons

I wish the app offered the whole suite of things that the computer one did. I use invoicing almost daily and would love if it were on the app.

Jack from Precision Health & Fitness Ltd

Ability to accept card & contactless payments easily

Paypal Here has meant my personal training studio and physiotherapy clinic has been able to take card payments, this has been of great convenience to both myself, my staff and my customers in that we no longer have to deal with cash. The portability of the card device and the app based software have meant we are able to take payments on the go if we are training outdoors or at an event. The software is easy to use and very intuitive. The only fees are the cost of the card machine and then a very small percentage of the transaction meaning it has been much cheaper to run than many other options such as renting a card machine.

Pros

Affordable for small businesses Easy to use Integrated card machine allows card and contactless payments to be made Card machine is easily portable and with the system being app based it means I just need a phone and signal to take transactions when on the go.

Cons

The Bluetooth connectivity can be a bit patchy depending on the device it is connecting to.

Ann from Hospitality

PayPal has made financial transactions easy and user friendly

PayPal offers a great service and we are grateful to have it. We feel that our money and transactions have always been safe and secure which is extremely important. We have used PayPal for years and have never had any issues. Their customer service is excellent and they offer great professional and fast support.

Pros

The thing I love most about PayPal is that it is easy to use. It is easy to track payment, keep a record, request money, send money. Money can be transferred directly into our bank account which has saved us tons of time. I really like that other people are not required to have a PayPal account to send money which makes it super easy for transactions. They also accept payment by credit card which has made our transactions very easy.

Cons

I would really like to learn more about the features they offer. I think that this could further improve my overall experience.

Take Credit Cards through your device for products and events - PayPal Here

This was overall what we needed. We have retreats almost every weekend, and sell products at those retreats or when travelling. The PayPal Here app allowed us to scan our products for easy input, add ticket sale options, and take credit cards from the same app. Also, Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. We can't ask for better than that.

Pros

The iOS and Android compatibility was perfect for us, as we have a tablet and an iPad. The first swipe device was free. Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. You can add event tickets, as well as products to sell. You can take cards by typing or swiping. The app keeps up with all transactions and transfers the information to your account.

Cons

It was glitchy at times and logged us out often. To take a card manually, you have to pay an extra fee.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

We were already using PayPal for our website.

rebecca from rebecca dillahay photography

Industry: Photography

Paypal here review

It's been an incredible experience! I love that it's available on my smartphone as an app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficiently send an invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Pros

I love that it's available on my smartphone as a app, so when I'm on the go. I can quickly and efficently send a invoice, receive payment or transfer funds.

Cons

I currently have no cons about the PayPal here app.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

Because I already had a PayPal act and was convent for me.

Lisa from Scrubs-N-More

Excellent App

It’s one of the best apps out there on the market right now I’m able to make all my transactions for my customer through it very easy to navigate through and saves me lots of time makes my life easier

Pros

Here is one of the best apps out there on the market right now. It is really easy to navigate and really easy to collect payments for my merchandise. It makes my life a lot easier

Cons

There’s nothing I like least about this app it is an excellent app for every day use

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I pick this up over anything else due to the fact are used PayPal on a daily basis and it makes it easier for me to use a chip reader and card swipes. It allows me to get all my funds instantly transferred to my PayPal account. Life is much simpler with this app

Mike from DataPro International

Receive And Make Payments Easily

PayPal has competitive rates to other payment processors. PayPal has a reputation for excellent service, the transactions are completely secure, the quality and guarantee that has been established with the brand makes it recognizable and trusted to prospective customers. This is an asset for businesses where clients want that extra level of security that PayPal offers. Transactions are processed instantaneously and multiple currencies are handled without the need for us to convert them. PayPal does all of the work and is reliable. PayPal is essential to our company and to my personal use.

Pros

PayPal is widely accepted everywhere. The need to store customer payment information is eliminated providing added security for clients. The PayPal dashboard is easy to use, all information is stored in one place. Shipping and contacting a client becomes easy if necessary. Processing payments is easy. At checkout Paypal handles everything.

Cons

We haven't had any real issues with PayPal. The few times we have had to deal with customer service they were quick to respond to our issues. The foreign exchange rate is not always that great which is sometimes a drawback.

Briann from Brianna alassondra beauty

Industry: Cosmetics

Best thing ever

I love PayPal and have used PayPal for over 5+ years for my business. Even when I tried new stuff I always made my way back to PayPal.

Pros

I love the fact that I can create and save templates for invoicing. I have several different templates saved for different services. I also love the fact that I can use this platform on my phone as well. Makes creating invoices a breeze. Also the option now to add a tip on the invoice and minimum payment as well.

Cons

There is nothing really to complain about with this invoicing app. Its easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

I feel like it’s just the universal app for businesses.

Pay With Ease

My overall experience has been fine, with the exception of what I mentioned about what I least like about the software.

Pros

Its ease of use! I use this to pay just about all of my bills, mortgage included! It's easy to navigate and their is no guess work.

Cons

I honestly cannot find anything I dislike about the software per se but I am however a little angry that Paypal has of recently decided to let us make payments straight from our bank accounts instead of me having to purchase Paypal Cash cards to transfer money. I've been paying a mortgage for almost 6 years now and it is only as of recently I've been able to enjoy this feature. I've spent god knows how much money on transfer fee's ($4.95) for the last 6 years and now you finally enable this feature? Not helpful at all.

Jennifer from Self-employed

Easy Pay

It has made payments much easier and faster. We have overall saved money with the lower fee per sale. I highly recommend checking it out.

Pros

Contactless payments, accepts most major cards, low rates. I've yet to have a payment that it didn't accept. The fee per use is relatively low compared to other major readers at right around two percent. Very user friendly and easy set up.

Cons

Very rarely I will have to reset the system which is a pain when you are in mid transaction but it's very rare and resets fast.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Here

The ease of use and overall fees seemed better with PayPal.

Victor from Fiverr

The esential app for modern frelancers and entrepeneurs

Since I am a freelancer, most of the time I work with people who do not use the same currency as I do, or simply, they prefer to make every transaction right on PayPal, and since most of the time people like me are busy, its really nice to have direct access to the PayPal feature on your phone, with no complications. Things, like paying or transferring to an employee, requesting money for a debt, even splitting a bill, becomes really easy. In my experience, I think is a MUST HAVE in your phone and in a daily basis as an entrepreneur. I couldnt work or solve as fast many problems that you face in your daily basis without it.

Pros

There is so much to say about this, things like waiting for long logging time to get to your money, or pay for products or services is long gone, this app has helped me so much for my business, I could be at a train station, on the bus and even exercising in exteriors and still be managing my money, the payments for requested products, ask a client for a payment real quick, even if one member of my family needs some i can just transfer directly from the app. Its just marvelous.

Cons

Not really much like cons, but more like, maybe a little interface enhancement would be great. Or how to navigate through the menu. The current one is ok and usefull, but I trully believe it can improved to make transfer and request even more fast.

Kristen from GabbaGear

Wish I had gotten this sooner

Before I was unable to accept cards and I had tried a few other point of sale apps with little success and ridiculous fees. This app has really made my customer base expand since so many people don't like to carry cash and I was unable to take a card and unwilling to use some of the regular mobile cash apps because I didn't want to link my bank account.

Pros

Simple and easy to use and it connects straight to my PayPal so I didn't have to download and set up even more on my phone. I use the PayPal mobile card reader because I am constantly on-the-go so with this I can use my phone to accept credit card payments for my small business. The fees aren't too high on it and there's no monthly fee which makes my wallet feel better when business is slow.

Cons

What I like least isn't so much the software itself it's the customer service that comes along with it. I've only experienced one issue so far while using it but getting customer service to take care of it is kind of like being on a carousel. No-one could help me, they didn't have the authority to fix the problem and transferred me repetitively. Finally after two days worth of constant calling I finally reach someone who could help but that's a lot of work for something I would have thought would have been so easy. Once I reached that person my issue was solved in a matter of minutes so that individual gets a thumbs up but it was very time-consuming to find someone with the knowledge and authority to help.

Paypal

Pros

I love this software and the availability that it allows you to collect money from customers and also pay customers out of any number of your personal accounts. I do like the fact that Paypal allows a family member to send you money owed without a charge to to the one receiving the funds.

Cons

My only issue with Paypal is the cost you have to pay to use the software if you are the one receiving funds from the customer. This takes away any profit you may get when selling an item. Most of the time a person is selling an item at a reduced cost anyway. Also, Paypal charges for the entire item plus shipping which I do not think is fare. The seller is not getting the advantage of shipping and to be included is not right.

The best money transferring app

Like I said in my previous review questions, my overall experience with paypal is one to remember. Such a great company with great workers. The app runs smooth, and they are a trusted brand that everyone can rely on. I love them!

Pros

Wow. Just wow. I have been a paypal customer for over 7 years now and I love everything about the company. If I ever had anything go wrong (soooo rarely) their customer support is always available and ready to help. The app makes money transferring so easy, with a click of a button. Paypal is one of those company’s who is a powerhouse in the industry of financial services and is trusted around he world and a middleman for transactions. You need this app if you do any internet purchasing. I love paypal and this app just is he icing on the cake.

Cons

The app when it first came out was a little glitchy. But the paypal team quickly fixed it up with efficient upgrades and updates to ensure their customers have a great expireneve. I have no lthing bas to say about paypal and cannot find anything to complain about. This company is the best at what they do!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,692 reviews