All PayPal Reviews

PayPal Review

AUBREY L D

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

PROS

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

CONS

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

The skrill guys are fraudsters, they make fake promises and what they focus on is taking all your money out.

Suzan

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Paypal Business Review

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

PROS

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

CONS

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.

Destiny

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

A decent payment processing solution with some drawbacks

I think overall PayPal is okay, but many of the issues I've had, had the potential to turn into a lot bigger issues. I would say it's probably no longer the best option for payment processing.

PROS

They have one of the shorter wait times for payouts/balance transfers compared to other platforms I've used. Many people are familiar with them and many companies/organizations still use them which often lends itself to an easier check out process. I like that it has pay later options for my clients.

CONS

Paypal was once one of the most trusted and secure payment processors, but there have been many points of failure over the years and I am not as confident about it as I once was. I have previously had some issues with fraudulent purchases made using my account. In my experience their customer service has not been the best often because of language barriers leading to my concerns not being understood/addressed. I don't like how difficult it is to change the settings so that non-PayPal users can make payments using PayPal. The buyer-protection is not great either, I purchased a product that was misrepresented in the photos and description and even when I couldn't get a hold of the company to go through with returning it, PayPal would not grant me a refund. The same thing happened when a company that was going out of business kept recurring charges going even though they were no longer providing me the service and hadn't for months, I sent PayPal all requested documentation and they didn't refund me or remedy the issue at all.

Garth

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

PayPal is a bully

Green, not very happy with Paypal, I wouldn’t recommend them to one person… Not even my enemy

PROS

It was a great way to pay for things, but not if they put through charges repeatedly

CONS

What I don’t like about Paypal, is that they will point the finger at anybody but themselves

Carly

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Worst customer service and support ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst.

PROS

I have not had any benefits. The policies are vague, the support is misleading and dishonest, the customer service is amateur.

CONS

They closed my account after having received my first payment through my website.I called to find out why and they said someone would get back to be within 5 business days. Two weeks went by and they did not contact me. I called again and I was told they will not tell me why they closed my account and they will hold my money for a minimum of three months, which only then can I call to dispute access to my funds. I have no idea what went wrong and I'm extremely frustrated. I can't believe they run a business this way. They are not worth the risk... I have heard nightmare stories from other business owners who have used Paypal and have recently discovered many similar reviews on other sites. Use another company!

Reason for choosing PayPal

My website provider offered them. Seemed easy and simple at the time.

Myra

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

All About PayPal

Overall my experience with PayPal has been excellent and I plan to be a customer of theirs for many years to come

PROS

What I like about Paypal the most is their customer service PayPal has many great features but I have to give their customer service a five-star rating because they are always there to help whenever you need them

CONS

The thing I like least about PayPal is the fee for transferring money from PayPal to your bank but all companies have to charge some fee and there's is what was it quite low compared to most

Amanda

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

I love PayPal!

Super fantastic! Great for traveling, home needs, and business!

PROS

I'm about to use it internationally! That's very important as an artist!

CONS

For a while, I couldn't get a PayPal. But that changed as the card is now offered in the country I'm expating in!

Chermaine

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great company for small businesses

PROS

The different features that are available to me to use for my business.

CONS

They changed how you can used your paypal mastercard debit card to where money has to be in your paypal account.

Marcos

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

PayPay - perfect payments

Great. It makes my life easier and helps me to be able to work online for companies located in different locations around the world. And receive payments via PayPal

PROS

The ease of financial transactions in dollars and Euros for Real (Brazilian) currency. Data security and transfers to my local checking account. The diversity of use and acceptance of the tool anywhere in the world

CONS

Transaction fees are relatively high, they could be lower, considering mainly third world countries that have a less valued currency

john

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Paypal, the trusted payment processor around the globe

I find them to be a reputable company and deliver payments flawlessly.

PROS

Paypal is so well known, that it is great to use as a payment processor for many applications. It is easy to integrate into many shopping cart/e-commerce platforms, and most everyone likes to use it.

CONS

Paypal fees can add up, but overall, it's not bad.

PayPal is Easy to Use

PROS

It is very easy and convenient to use. Just click a couple of buttons and we're done. It also takes the fear of an online store stealing your credit card number.

CONS

There's really not a con at this point. It does what I need.

Irshad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

I am using PayPal past 2 years and it's perfect

PROS

Easy to use, all currency accept, fast payment processing app

CONS

Payment accepted very fast and transferred amount to bank in very low charges

Lisa

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

PROS

PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

CONS

I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal has many more features than Venmo, is easier to use, and has built in safety and privacy services that Venmo can’t match.

Jacie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

A-Lada Life Left also has A-Lada Time and money thanks to PayPal!

PayPal has helped me a lot sobmanage my finances and keep record of all transactions making it easy to duke taxes when the time comes, it is an incredibly simple financial tool that I have utilized numerous times as both a buyer and a seller.

PROS

The software is very simple and to the point t with tutorials to guide you every step of the way until you are ready to stop seeing them pop up once logging in, customer service is very friendly and most if not all issues I’ve had are resolved within 1 phone call.

CONS

The thing I am not too fond of is the customer service chat feature, most online chat services have an agent there ready for you it soon will, on PayPal you send a message and revived an automated message telling you that an agent should respond within the hour, I have very rarely had an actual active chat with a representative which in turn is very time consuming and draws the process out a very long while I usually will randomly log in at some point during my day and find responses to questions I had hours ago that I’ve already resolved on my own by that time, but as a mother of 4 ages in range from 1 to 11 and a one woman business operation based out of my home sometimes I just do not have a quiet enough environment for a business related phone conversation and a chat conversation is what is needed. My questions still get answered and they are very polite, I just wish there was an agent within 5 minutes or so ready to have a conversation rather than us basically doing the text equivalent of phone tag and leaving each other voicemails.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I enjoy the freedom and versatility of PayPal and the virtual wallet, it keeps things a lot neater during transactions

Daniella

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Awesome Overall

PayPal makes it easy to exchange money online.This software is tried and true year after year. I will definitely recommend PayPal to anyone who asks.

PROS

I love the ease of use. I enjoy the security they offer, and the various settings they offer to you. PayPal is a proven platform for business and personal users alike. They offer a level of security and protection that is unmatched with many financial softwares.

CONS

Though widely accepted, PayPal isn't widely used among many popular services available today. There was also a lack of customization when it came to things such as my preferred name.

Reason for choosing PayPal

PayPal gives me the security I need for both my personal and professional lives.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal has a very good and long-lasting reputation.

Tiffany

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

PROS

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

Lily

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Small Business MUST

Smooth sailing and effortlessly symbiotic. PayPal is an incredible platform.

PROS

PayPal makes accepting payments online automatic for small businesses. Without it, I would be stuck dealing in cash--and who uses cash nowadays? To have a functioning business in the 21st century is practically synonymous with using PayPal.

CONS

The only pitfall is that the system could use an aesthetic update, which is a very minor flaw and quite possibly just personal preference.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Way more cost-effective with the same functions needed and more reliable.

1 employee