What are PayPal users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PayPal software through verified user reviews

20,434 Reviews

15,290
4,085

• icon"What I liked most about this software was definitely the customer service. They were excellent in helping solve my issue and in a timely manner."
  • icon"Easy to use and acceptable by tons of merchants/sellers. I also appreciate their support, as they have helped me resolves issues promptly."
  • icon"I love how protective the company is and they are extremely reliable I love them they are just simply amazing."
  • icon"I don't like the dispute process for disputing charges for orders not received. I have had many times when i did not receive product or received not of quality product and was unable to get a refund."
  • icon"The two things I hate about PayPal is its account limiting and favoring buyers disputes over sellers. This has promoted so much fraud."
  • icon"It sucks, too many issues, too poor customer service, not enough accountability with the partnered apps and businesses such as eBay."

Browse all PayPal Reviews

• Have you used PayPal and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 20,434 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,434 reviews

Beth

Safe secure way to process payments

Ogochukwu

December 2021

PayPal Is The Best And The Quickest Digital Wallet Provider For Sending And Receiving Money Online

If you desire the fastest digital wallet for sending and receiving money online, I'd suggest you obtain a PayPal account like I did. Also, I could easily send money to my friends and family, by simply adding-in their PayPal email account and BOOM!

Pros

I have the ability to send and receive money online, from both local and international funding sources, with no limit on my account, meaning that, I can receive any amount of money on my account and as well as withdraw same amount of money to my local bank account.

Cons

PayPal does not support all countries in the world, making it hard for those countries to utilize PayPal for sending and receiving funds online. Also their customer support team is not a good gone, especially during your tough account situation.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Not as good and fast as PayPal.

Emeka

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.

December 2021

Market standard as purchasing method - a must for shops

Pros

PayPal is a standard payment method for me when it comes to online payment transactions. It's easy, quick, and straightforward. The customer can choose between different payment methods (PayPal account with direct debit, credit card or purchase on account/installments). Dealers immediately get payment confirmation. In addition, all business payments are covered by buyer protection. This makes it a very convenient transaction method.

Cons

Some points are rather negative. For instance, in the past PayPal has frozen higher incoming payments directly (suspicion of money laundering). Verification of your account is a must. I also find the fees that are charged occasionally very questionable. Therefore, as the operator of a digital payment, the amount of the order sums have to be questioned. Not all payments should be managed with Paypal as it can get very expensive.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Paypal is the market standard and has a higher market adoption.

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.

Ozlem

Easy way to transfer money

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal was widely known and it was easier to use and transfer money.

diane

Misrepresentation and misinformation and inconvenience

The experience was horrible. I was on hold for a total of 2.5 hours with no solution. The conversation was redundant and there was no level of sensitivity to the damage that is being done to me with absolutely no options. I just wasn't a human and felt like all they wanted to do was tell me what was in the terms and conditions. I called 20 people and asked if they were aware of this 21 day delay and all but one said no. The one who knew said they Paypal released their 21 day hold in one day when they called.

Pros

It was not too difficult to set up other than the validating of the bank account

Cons

The 21 day delay for a customer who has been a member since 2008 is totally ridiculous. I am running in a special election and by the time the funds post my election will almost be over. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in customer service told me it would be 7 days and now it is 21 days which defeats the purpose. Had I had known this I would have selected another way for donors to contribute. These funds are not tax deductible campaign contributions and are needed to run and finance my campaign. I use PayPal for all my ebay and amazon and other retail purchases. Just baffled that there seems to be no solution to release these funds especially since I was told in this circumstance they would release the funds. Second, the customer service agents were like robots who did not understand my situation and were repetitive and redundant and it was as if I was a number. I am so disappointed and frustrated. Even the donors are frustrated and are saying they have not requested that Paypal withhold these funds and they are not understanding this decision by Paypal. The monies raise to manage the campaign will be of little avail when they release this hold. We are not a charity like a 501c3 but a campaign committee

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I have been a client of paypal for many years for retail purchases. Never thought in a million years that my time sensitive campaign account would have a 21 day hold since I am a current customer who use the payment processing often. my campaign funds are not tax deductible

Tonya

Industry: Program Development

PayPal is the Prime Rib of Pay Apps!

Pay Pal has always been a leader in the Pay App game and it was the first! I trust that my information is protected and that is extremely important with a Pay App, of course. I've never had a problem with any transaction, ever, and I've used it for MANY years on an almost daily basis. I highly recommend this Pay App, above ALL the others available.

Pros

This app is by far my favorite Pay App. It is tried and true and has never let me down yet! It could not be easier to use and I think the automatic record keeping that it does, is far superior to any other Pay App out there today! I also enjoy the coupons and promotions that are frequently offered. In addition, they will donate a percentage to my charity of choice, based on my spending. Recently, they've also added a feature to use the app to raise funds for individual causes, in light of needs related to Covid, etc. It truly seems like they care about people and community, which is super important to me personally and professionally.

Cons

There isn't anything I really don't like about the app. It meets my business and personal needs completely and always has.

Sal

The original and the essential.

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice. PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.

Brian

You need PayPal stat!

I’ve used PayPal for many years and will continue to since more people pay with PayPal than any other processing app (for us anyway)

Pros

PayPal is quickly becoming the norm when it comes to online payment and is even gaining more steam in replacing traditional point of sale (POS) systems in traditional brick and mortar businesses. I love that PayPal has a crypto option as well as crypto currency is quickly gaining popularity around the world.

Cons

One of the only things I don’t particularly care for is how easy it is for a scammer to avoid payment with PayPal (typically Facebook marketplace transactions) IF the sender doesn’t cover themselves well with evidence at every stage proving they shipped the item in question. Besides that, PayPal is great!

Ndongmbu

PAYPAL REVIEW

My experience with paypal is overwhelming. It is a great software. It's security and safety with great ease of transactions makes it the best so far for me. It makes my business life stress free. My online transaction have become so easy and fast making it possible to transfer money between my family and friends very easy

Pros

Paypal makes life easier. The ease at which transactions are made amazed me. It's very safe with double protection options that makes your credit, debit cards protected from Hackers, no annual membership fees, processing fee, no service charges. The easy accessibility to the software makes it possible for transactions to be done anywhere . Digital investment opportunity with paypal makes life more sweeter

Cons

Honestly all offers are great . Paypal has greatly release my stress in doing online transaction. Lack of a good quality customer service and sometimes difficulties to access contact numbers is just lone problem noted but with current upgrades this in no time will be no problem

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Many of my freinds and family members have always asked me whether I use paypal.

Maciej

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.

Tao

my fabulous interactions with PayPal

To Conclude all in all I appreciate utilizing PayPal in light of the fact that you can send cash safely, and you don't need to stress over your cash being taken and it not being repaid. You can likewise utilize PayPal and purchase things online on sites you're uncertain about without uncovering your data. PayPal offers the loved ones choice, and I like that choice since his men when expenses. Likewise, when utilizing PayPal move, your cash is moment, and you don't need to stand by extensive stretches of time.

Pros

To top off the listing I would like to say PayPal is extremely easy to use, very simple and convenient. Next PayPal provides a great sense of secure transactions and worry free in the event something leads astray. PayPal does not charge you to send money to friends and family.

Cons

One of the only if not the only drawback to PayPal in my eyes is the fees for chargeback, its fairly high nonetheless this is miniature compared to the pros and benefits.

Peter

PayPal Still Solid

The everyday life of a PayPal user is made easier through a variety of features that help users protect their personal information, send money to anyone, and make payments in different currencies.

Pros

There's a lot of buzz around PayPal lately. The company is looking to stay relevant in the face of growing competition from Apple Pay, Square, and Venmo, and it has been ramping up its advertising budget. In addition to its usual marketing efforts, PayPal has been focusing on its advertising on Facebook. I think that they are still a good payment platform that has held up well throughout the years.

Cons

In general, PayPal is a good company to do business with, but their customer service leaves something to be desired. I have had to contact PayPal more than once to resolve issues, and I have found them to be slow to respond and sometimes not helpful at all.

Paypal is Number one ecommerce payment solution

I am very happy with the paypal. It is my life line to do business with chinese supplier

Pros

PayPal truly a an amazing software. Error free and high security for transaction from any where to any body. I have been in ecommerce business more than 15+ years. PayPal was always my companion. I think, if i count i have limitless, just precise 1000+ transaction. It records all my transaction

Cons

Dispute some time take longer the 15 days

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Reason is it is error proofing software. Security is the main, what PayPal does. I do not know, how i gone live with out PayPal

Great for both businesses and personal use!

PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros

PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons

It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

Reasons for choosing PayPal

We considered Stripe when setting up our business commerce accounts for our company, but we ended up going with PayPal since it was a little more user-friendly. The transaction fees are comparative, but we like how easy it is to pull historical statements from PayPal. We also feel like it's a little more professional since it's been around longer.

mike

It's a no brainer

Fantastic, i've had to reach out to them on a few occasions for various reason and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] came thru each time with a clear and fair resolution.

Pros

Customer service is second to none, they do the disputing for you and figure out what or where the deficiencies occured

Cons

Sometimes it can take up to or more than 30 days for them to resolve a situtation, but its not their fault and not really a Con, per say in fairness.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

extreme frustration with other services and no way to resolve if vendor decided to not reply

Abby

The most affordable invoicing option for small businesses

Hands down, the best option for a new business getting started out. You can create professional invoices and track all of your income in one place, for free.

Pros

There are tons of options that come with the basic Business Plan, all with no monthly or annual fee - just the 2.8% per transaction. You can setup recurring invoices, monthly, annually, AND Quarterly! Set it and forget it! You can print or PDF the invoices and email them and "Share link myself" so your clients can pay by check and then you pay NOTHING to PayPal.

Cons

There's no option for ACH debit, but for no monthly or annual fee, that's nothing. The reports are a little tricky. Sometimes it's hard to find a report that includes ALL of the invoices sent out, including those who paid by another method not through PayPal. It's in there, it's just not easy to find.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I eventually did get Quickbooks Self-Employed also, primarily for mileage tracking on my iPhone. I still use PayPal for most invoicing though because QB S-E doesn't have recurring invoicing!! Drives me crazy! I HAVE to have the option to setup automatic monthly and quarterly invoicing, which comes standard and free with PayPal.

Thomas

Paypal: A very convenient fix to online business.

Over the 10+ years I have used Paypal for my business, my overall experiences have been very convenient. Paypal has been really easy to work with, on both personal and business levels.

Pros

Ever since I have used Paypal, which has been around 10+ years, I have nothing to complain about. I find that the way Paypal works, it has made me start and successfully maintain a business really seamlessly. What I like most about this platform is the ability to send and receive payment internationally. In my line of work, I am always working with international clients.

Cons

I think they could upgrade the look of their User interface design with regards to the mobile application.

Tiana

A buyers best friend

We have never been burned. There have been a few “extra business days” during processing times but nothing that wasn’t communicated or easily explained. Most people have PayPal and their portal allows members to check out as a guest if they’re not.

Pros

The service support is great, especially when you are a buyer. They really do try their best to advocate for you.

Cons

Some people think that support is a joke. What I’ve realized is that most of that stems from poor communication on the end user part. You have to be clear AND concise. Telling your life story that leads up to the problem does not help.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

We did not need the type of interface that square was offering. We also wanted something that worked better with other existing software systems.

Shabri

Perfect for personal or business uses

It has helped me with ordering textbooks, personal items, and food delivery by its compatibility with all kinds of sites. To be honest, I will sometimes avoid food services or online orders that don't have PayPal as an option to pay.

Pros

I like the promptness of service and money exchange,the extra layer of protection from linking bank accounts, and freedom from hidden costs.

Cons

Sometimes, with larger amounts of money exchange, there is a delay.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I got locked out of my account by changing phones.

Rachel

Industry: Writing and Editing

PayPal To The World

Pros

What i like about PayPal is that one can be able to access their account so long as they have internet access. As a freelancer, most of my clients prefer using PayPal as it's a secured method of transaction and can be used in most countries. It has secured security features as it requires one to log in each time they want to access the account. Creating the account is easy.

Cons

Verifying the account is quite difficult especially setting up the bank details. Accounts suspension and money been frozen can lag one's business as they can't access the money.

Mili Rani

Industry: Cosmetics

Resolution centre sucks

4 cases were filed against me by a scammer and all times PayPal sided with the scammer. It’s highly frustrating and troubling to say the least because every time the scammer got the money and I was left looking like a fool.

Pros

I only like it for using it to make payment. That’s all. In recent times I’ve started to hate it more than like it.

Cons

Anyone can pretend to be anyone and file a claim fraudulently and PayPal representatives don’t ever check properly and gives scammers free money

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Because Venmo directly deposits in the bank and nobody can scam you there.

Claude

Who doesn't know Paypal as the best and most secured online bank and payment processing system?

To sum it all, paypal is the best online bank system because of its very strong security. It is almost impossible for scammers to steal your money if you use paypal as means of payment

Pros

Everyone knows paypal as the most secured online banking system or escrow system. They give scammers a nightmare. Scammers cannot steal your money if you use paypal as a payment processor. I also love the aspect that they support business to grow by giving them business credits or business loans. The user interface is also straight forward and easy to use. It is also a very fast, reliable and secure way of sending money to anybody in the world. They also have a good customer service, who are very nice to customers. They are constantly bringing in new features into the platform like cryptocurrency trading. I also love the face that you can buy an item and pay in 4 different installments. The list goes on ...

Cons

Overall, I do not have any issues with paypal. Sometimes, they are to strict to a point where they may limit or suspend your account after you initiate a huge transaction. This is something good, but they take almost a week to restore your account. A week is a long time and it may affect a business

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Because customers will steal my money using chargebacks without my permission. Also, scamming is very common with the other means of payments

Ayman

The best Online Payment Platform in the world

PayPal helped me to carry out business and also buy services from different regions of the world, as the speed of the response of the site makes it difficult to be a victim of fraud, as there is no room for any of the customers to say that I sent the amount and similar arguments, as if he actually sent it, the site It will make you receive it immediately, which will make you feel that there is an assistant for you who guarantees your rights.

Pros

PayPal is one of the best electronic payment sites ever in the world, as the site has a network of relationships with all financial institutions around the world and enables the user, especially the owners of small enterprises, to receive and send money for a nominal fee while providing the utmost security and protection and ensuring the speed of execution of orders. Also, one of the most distinguishing features of the site is the rapid response to all comments and complaints, and the site also provides a center for resolving disputes. Also, when using it, you will ensure that there is no fraud or money laundering, which enables you to withdraw your money safely and without fear of being detained.

Cons

In fact, I have used PayPal for a long time and I don't think there are any drawbacks, as it depends on the user himself, if all his transactions are legal, all his transactions will be fast and he will not face any problem, and if there are any illegal matters he will expose himself to problems using the application.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Because of the credibility of dealing that has been formed over years of work and development, as PayPal provides everyone with the maximum protection required for his money and combats fraud and money laundering, which enables the user to conduct financial transactions anywhere in the world through simple operations and an easy-to-use platform.

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,434 reviews