All PHP Point of Sale Reviews

Marenyane

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

The best software to manage inventory in your business

I had a phenomenal experience using PHP point of sale. It is easy to calculate how much turnover the available stock is going to make. I am able to plan well how much I am going to save from that turnover and how much is going to purchase more stock. Despite that, I like the fact that during busy hours, it is easy to serve the customers because I don't have to manually calculate how much the items bought cost and how much change is required. I also like the fact that with this software, I am able to track my employees work. Some people become tempted to steal when there is no Inventory Management Software. This software is so awesome, I like the fact that it is secure, every person has to have his or her account in case mistakes happen, that particular person is held responsible without implicating the entire staff.

PROS

I like the fact that I am able to manage my inventory easily with this software. I am able to know how much profit the available stock is going to generate It is easy for me to see my employees are cheating me. The cashed money has to correspond with the sales made per day. What I like most is the fact that I don't have to calculate how much change I will have to give back to the customer, it calculates it automatically as I am selecting the items bought.

CONS

There is nothing I would disregard about this software. But you will find that we hire unskilled labor or illiterate people, so it becomes a challenge when you have to train such a person to use the system.

Reason for choosing PHP Point of Sale

I chose Php point of sale because php is the most common programming language used in my country, so it won't be a problem to troubleshoot it.

Thanks so much!

Replied March 2022

Carmen

Reviewed November 2021

I don't know how we dit it without PHP Point of Sale

As a small business owner of a dog store and groomer, a web shop and store took up so much of my time. Especially the syncing of the products in the shop and the store, because sometimes I would forget to do that, so people would buy a product online that was sold out in the store. After many comparisons I chose PHP Point of Sale and from day 1 that it was up and running I felt a lot calmer.

PROS

There is little not to like about this product. It is easy to set up. Has a ton of features, not even all of which we use. And offers so much more compared to other POS systems, truly value for money. What I especially love is the fact that I don't have to spend extra time on inventory and synchronization between store and web shop. And what I also love is that every new product I create in PHP POS is immediately available in the webshop. The possibilities are great, the support is great and fast and the program is very easy to use even for people who have never worked with a POS system before.

CONS

Our only problem was with syncing the products. I wasn't aware that all the products were re-entering my webshop, so suddenly there were a lot of duplicates and I had to spend some extra time on them. But that could also have been a stupid mistake on my part.

Reason for choosing PHP Point of Sale

I have installed and tried a few other options before finding this hidden gem. From the moment I installed the trial version, my hands started itching to get started with it. The extensive settings, options and support are just fantastic. With others I would have spent double for all these options.

Mari

Reviewed April 2018

A descent tool for small businesses

PROS

We use PHP POS as a costing tool for our ecommerce website which it does fairly well especially for creating product bundles. Relatively easy to use.

CONS

Does a poor job of inventory management when using product bundles, e.g. it doesn't adjust the inventory of the individual products in a bundle. The new price is rather steep.

Carlos

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

PHP point of Sale review in Dermatology Practice with multiple locations.

The customer service response is impeccable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is a "straight shooter" and replies to all my techy questions and needs promptly. Even though in some instances there is no optimal resolution he always has a reply and suggestion.

PROS

Cloud platform, so as long as you have an internet connection you are good to go. The price is the lowest I've seen, you pay a yearly subscription per store/location not per user.

CONS

As mentioned before I would like to see more versatility with the sales reports. Interactive drop down reposts with customizable columns with options to export to PDF, csv, xls, HTML, XML.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

We used the old Orchid SQL on-premise solution, which had a lot of glitches. The app was a resource hog that would bog down PCs and required a VPN link to all locations. Management of the database was labor-intensive.

Brittany

Love this product!

This product has immensely helped my business, helping it run smooth

PROS

We started a new business with this software and loved it, the setup process was simple and we never have any issues, keeps the store running smoothly

CONS

I honestly don’t have anything I dislike, we really enjoy this software

None I could find were like PHP in the way I wanted

Rebecca

Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees

Very satisfied with PHP

Easy to use as a POS.

PROS

Very thoroughly thought out product and does what we need a POS to do.

CONS

A few options not available, but will be addressed.

Reason for choosing PHP Point of Sale

Had all the basic options and functions our business needed.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

QB was expensive and the Desktop option was being (or will be) discontinued.

Roger

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Outstanding service

Migration was a breeze, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is right on top of things! Learning curve was very minimal and easy to adapt!

PROS

Outstanding local (USA) customer service, migration was very painless and took little to no time! the lay out is neat and easy to navigate. Issues are addressed promptly and effectivly.

CONS

Sometimes if correct wording for repairs isn't used it has a hard time finding them. Can't obtain a work order authorization signature and no before and after function check lists.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

Cost and features for the same features that PhP has I would be spending over $150 anywhere else!

Bryan

Reviewed April 2018

I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and support

PROS

Great support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.

CONS

I am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.

Reviewed June 2023

Supreme Point of Sale

I'm picky when it come to my Point of Sale. This PHP POS is a work of art. It has all the features I wanted plus tons more. Best part, I can turn off the ones I don't need and turn them back on later when I do. Also, the support team is remarkable! They are very quick with their response and answered every inquiry, even the small questions. Overall, great product with a great team behind it. Keep up the great work!

PROS

CONS

It has tons of features. Some I didn't need... but I can turn off the ones I don't need, so that's not a problem.

Reason for choosing PHP Point of Sale

The interface (GUI) is layer out well and eye appealing. Plus I have the ability to create add on modules or adjust the software thatbI see fit.

Thank you so much!

Replied June 2023

Geraldine

Reviewed April 2018

Easy to learn platform with access to customer service at your fingertips. Would highly recommend!!!

PROS

In my case I love the ability to manage inventory and decide easily when a order for more parts is necessary. By always having parts we are always making money.

CONS

Not being able to use it on your phone or other stations are hard to set up. I wish it was easier to use in other locations.

Ben

Reviewed November 2016

Robust, intuitive, and cheap for the small business!

I came across phpPOS while researching different POS systems when we were first opening. Suggested by a user on /r/smallbusiness, we were seeking a POS option that allowed us to utilize categorized products for our own stock, consignment based sales, and reporting features. Another caveat we held was that the POS was within our "limited" budget at the time -- phpPOS fit all of those needs, and more. We purchased, and two years later still use, the stand-alone version of phpPOS which fit our needs perfectly. We only use one register, but all staff have their own unique password protected logins and we can easily backup our inventory, sales history, etc. to an external drive. For larger businesses that require concurrent registers, etc -- you may want to consider the online version instead. Very happy with phpPOS and would definitely suggest it to other small business folks out there looking for a robust yet affordable POS option.

PROS

- detailed inventory options with categorization - ability to separate consignment sales and suppliers - product / service separation - good reporting options - can customize with knowledge of php - extremely affordable - stand-alone product -- service outages don't affect your sales! - item-grid compatible with touch-screen (we have too many items, so don't utilize this feature -- but it's there!)

CONS

Very little cons. Never had any major issues, nor had to resort to customer support. The POS is intuitive enough to figure out on its own. Gift cards can be a little confusing at first.

Peter

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Business Automation

The previous management system was coded by me in dBASE 4.0 which is desktop based. There was no remote access to the database. In my search to migrate to another platform; my requirements are; 1. Cloud based, remote access via the internet 2. Opensource where I can access the database directly. 3. Easy to customise I tried and tested many scripts and finally discovered OSPOS and a paid version PHPPOS in 2015. So happy when I discovered the script meets 80% of our needs. I run this against our system for a year before migrating 100% on PHPPOS.

PROS

It is written in PHP with MySql as its database. The core code fits 80% of our business demands. Cloud based allows remote access. With a direct access to the database, I am able to create scripts & reports that help to cover the 20% of our needs.

CONS

1. We need more custom fields in the Expenses module where we can upload pdf, jpg files. 2. The warehouse inventory module is missing. I had to write additional scripts to fill in the missing gap.

Reason for choosing PHP Point of Sale

For the reasons given above.

Reasons for switching to PHP Point of Sale

No remote access to the data in our in-house development.

Retail

Reviewed November 2016

Fantastic software for my firing range!

We went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has been quick to offer help whenever needed, but so far, we haven't had any issues. We are running the system on an Atom powered 1U rack server with Windows 7 Pro 4GB of ram and an SSD drive. We run daily backups as part of the daily close out of the register. We have 3 concurrent sessions running all day, and during peak business that runs up to 5 sessions. Using our own VPN, we have no issue using the system at remote trade shows with a laptop and 3G/4G hotspot. Using just a simple magnetic card reader, we have no issues taking credit cards in the field. The software is EMV compatible with the latest version but we have not implemented that feature yet.

PROS

Easy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)

CONS

Would like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.

Liz

Reviewed April 2018

Excellent features for the price!

Ability to access the program from any location and device! Customisation, ease of use - everyone can use it even our technologically challenged staff!

PROS

So easy to use, large amount of features including the ability to add photos, edit items in bulk, price scaling/ tiers, control duration of sale prices, emailing a copy of the invoice to customers, CLOUD based - this feature has been my life saver! Ease of introducing a scanner, till and label printer to the program, excellent customer service who actually take your recommendations seriously and even implement bona fide requests that would serve everyone! Ability to customise. The price is what drew me initially and has kept me using it!

CONS

If somehow it could be integrated into any website to save me doubling up on managing inventory. Other than that at this stage your team has done a fantastic job! I've recommended this to all business owners I meet!

Matthew

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Easy to use and customizable POS

Overall great for the value, ease of use, and inventory management.

PROS

Ease of use and ability to keep up with customer accounts and inventory.

CONS

Would like better discount options (promo prices and tiers better customization). Would like more inventory and report options as well as more clarity on what each report does.

Balazs

Reviewed January 2020

Great software, excellent support

PROS

Very comprehensive feature list, fast support

CONS

Nothing negative about this solution. Very happy

Not enough features with Shopify

Charlie

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2018

Great tool for the price. It streamlined the worst bottleneck at the shop.

It streamlined customer checkout by allowing us to open a second (or third) register during busy times. For event days, we grabbed a deposit bag and a smartphone or tablet to take care of registration while the main desk remained our standard cash register setup. It saved a lot of time and confusion.

PROS

PHP POS is easy to use once the initial setup is done. I could train someone to use it in a matter of minutes, as opposed to a couple of hours on our old system. It also allows easy lookup of products and sales receipts as well as offering a variety of report formats.

CONS

The initial setup on our server took a little bit of effort. Also the cash-in-till tracking wasn't working for all registered users. (That could have been a configuration error on my part, though. . . still haven't figured it out.)

Susan