• Pros

• "Very fast. Feature packed. Excellent customer service. "

• "I like how easy to use it and it's customization is not bad"

• "It is easy to use. The set up isn’t complicated. The daily use is fairly easy even for those with limited computer knowledge. "

• Cons

• "Need to be able to delete individual items on order without having to put in your code each time. Would like to see easier editing if possible, but its not that bad"

• "The only issue we had was with the printer when we initially installed the product. Resolved with a replacement."

• "Customer support... They expect you to be on their level of knowledge"

Browse PointOS Reviews

Frank from Pino’s Cucina

Awesome

Never had a problem

Pros

So easy and understanding. Great valley with the money your spending. I’m so glad i end up with this awesome system

Cons

Sometimes it blocks and i need to restart the pc

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Frank, We are so happy that you are pleased with your PointOS point of sale system. We are always aiming to provide the best value at an affordable price. While we sell the software as just a license that you can place on any windows device, we do not provide support should something go wrong with your device. PointOS does offer new modern sleek hardware options from Elos with parts and labor warrantees and can replace your device next day.

Katie from The Bar and Grill, LLC

Works well for my bar

Overall I haven’t had any major issues. It does run slow at times but that’s probably related to the internet not the system. I’ve been using the system for nearly three years. I started with one station and recently bought two more. It is nice that there are no monthly fees. Overall, I would recommend PointOS.

Pros

I like the set up of the software. I have three stations in my bar and they are all linked so you can add items to a tab from any station. The system is easy to use, based on my experience and that of my staff. Several of my staff report that PointOS is much easier to use than other software they’ve used at other bars. The item menu can be easily customized and alphabetized. I like that you can add recipes so if someone isn’t sure exactly what’s in a drink they can click on the recipe and see it at the station. It calculates cost per ounce when you add items to the inventory so figuring prices is easy. The sales reports are quick and easy so it’s simple to pull reports to figure tax each month. There are also employee reports and each employee clocks in so hours are very easy to figure as are tips collected.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more item tabs. We sell a high volume of alcohol and mixed drinks and we don’t have room to put all of it on its own tab. Another thing that would be nice, but really not a big deal, is if there were more icons to make the item tabs easier to find. There are some icons, for instance the more popular beers have an icon so it’s easy to recognize. For items with no icon, you have to type it in. You can highlight the items by color which is helpful. It is cumbersome to add everything in but I suppose every system is that way.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

HI Katie, Thank you for the feedback. Our Support Team has troubleshooting steps to help improve performance and will assist as the best of their abilities to make sure when multiple terminals are in use that the communication between devices is not impeded by improperly setup firewalls and antivirus, but are limited in the abilities to assist with hardware that has not been purchased or maintained by PointOS.

Scott from Takata

PointOS is solid but could be better

There have been a couple of issues that I have addressed with the company with no resolution. Truthfully it could be more but I dont recall, as we have been running the system for a couple years and I found work arounds. One of which I turned off printing sales tax on the receipt (as we include it in the price of the drink) and it still printed it on there. Another issue is different reports from the same day dont equal each other i.e. server sales reports vs a detailed daily report. As mentioned above the remote reporting software called mypointosconnect has been down many times for multiple days. When contacting customer service wait times typically run less than 15 minutes sometimes less than 2. Its not horrible software but its showing signs of age while other offerings add nice new features, PointOS has a built in jukebox that I've never ever used. I use streaming services for music in the establishment and have since a hard drive with 15k songs crashed during a busy night. If you looking for cutting edge features, you'll be better suited looking elsewhere but if you want something that works day in and day out with limited frills this might be your software. There update might fix some of my gripes, I'll find out the first week of August if they meet their deadline.

Pros

I like the fact in a tablet world, that I could install the software on a Windows PC. You actually own the software and the service contract is reasonably priced compared to others. By switching to PointOS, the processor they required for direct integration has been great and has saved us a bundle.

Cons

While it's nice to own the software and run it on a Windows box but Windows 7 is getting harder and harder to find. While the software worked flawlessly for the first year it has become sluggish and there have been numerous remote reporting outages as of late. They have been promising a brand new version for over two years and they finally have picked a launch date. The software looks dated and you have to run the system at a very low resolution to function properly. Lastly, automatically added charges or discounts are a percentage. If you want a happy hour price you have to set a happy hour price for every item.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking time to leave feedback. PointOS has an all new user experience with the reliability of PointOS Professional with new features being added regularly. The new PointOS also has a dedicated development team that has provided expedited trouble responses for both software and some hardware issues. PointOS has an excellent track record for adding new features requested by customers. We value all our customers feedback and our team is always looking for new ways to make PointOS better.

Lucia from CM Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Great beginning machine, maybe not for a larger business.

Overall, for a business just starting out, it was a great solution and your tech support was always really amazing. I feel like we grew out its capabilities and needed to move in to 2018. I was really excited when I saw the new version coming out, but after waiting a year for it to happen, I moved over to a cloud system. I feel more secure knowing I have auto back-up and knowing that 5 tips don't become 50 at the end of the day when the servers are tired and adjusting hundreds of tips. My biggest beef is I switched to a new system in February and despite telling the company three times, I am still getting charged for the cloud, which was so useless it wasn't worth paying for. I can't get anyone on the phone and despite about 5 emails on the matter, I have heard nothing. Now I have to call my credit card company and dispute the charges.

Pros

Overall, it is a decent budget POS with a lot of high end functions. I did like the report functions, the weather reporting and incident reporting and inventory functions.

Cons

At this stage, it is a little dated. The cloud was never connected and always had to be manually started, which defeats the purpose of having a cloud back-up. There were many parts, like modifiers, that were really clunky and made operating difficult. I hated how you couldn't name reports that were emailed, and everything came across with the date and time you emailed them. You would have to write down what reports you were running so you could remember when you got in to email to see them. I would have been nice if you could name them, or if they were named the report that you were running. I didn't like the limited amount of modifiers and the limited about of characters you could write to the kitchen. But I mostly hated that the cloud never worked, leaving me feeling vulnerable to computer failures and loss of data. I also didn't like having the wait staff modify the tips, its so much nicer when the system adds it in, it leaves less room for errors.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Lucia, Thank you for your valued feedback. With the newest version of PointOS the cloud is connected via a customizable service and there are no extra steps from the customer side needed once setup and initially synced. All exported reports can be renamed and saved to file, you can gladly call our support team to assist. Additionally PointOS has a number of enhancements for Internal Reports, Automated Reports, and Cloud Reports that do not require remote access to restart the cloud connection, with the added ability to see historical data via the portal even when the system is offline or without an internet connection to sync with.

Robin from SHD Enterprises Inc.

Test it carefully

I had a hard time accessing reports for May (I think it was May) because the Cloud was down. I have to access them separately and add in information because it was out for weeks. That is a real problem. The weird reports are a problem. It is pretty easy, otherwise. And for a place less complicated it might be fine.

Pros

Working with the company initially, assistance with installation. Completely simple without extra fluff. Inexpensive. The credit card processing company is top shelf; helpful and pleasant to work with.

Cons

The Cloud is not reliable. Extra steps, like running a credit card, pop up with every order entry. Having to name every tab if it's not cashed out right away. The reports do not translate well to quickbooks for our accountant. If you hide or delete a menu item, it gets "ungrouped" which makes it impossible to get accurate reports by category. For example, we change Draft beers several times a week. We "hide" or delete those buttons because the page would be full several times over. When we run a report, we get a total for beer, and also for each "ungrouped' item, by name. We have to figure them out and add them back in to the total. I think that reports by hour are set up strangely. We open at 11 am, so if I want to add up shifts, I start there and add up until 3, then 3 -8, then 8 to 11 and have to go back to the top for the rest of the day until 3 am. I don't know how to tweak this or if it can be tweaked. We've had so many support calls, we all dread them. I'm sure there are more examples.

Response from PointOS

Replied July 2018

Hey Robin, Our Team can help with the report start and end times. Also our new version bridges all the gaps this classic application may need to work well for you. Please get in contact and give you an over view of the new version.

Angela from 90 West Lounge

Industry: Restaurants

Worst business decision I ever made

Horrible system, terrible support, an utter waste of money and a complete disappointment. My review ran out of space or I would have explained more of my PointOS trauma. I'm shopping for a system now and I am looking at Rezku, Touch Bistro, Lightspeed to name a few. But reviewing my memory of Pointos made me want to warn you all. Don't make my mistake. The only good part about Point of is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sorry if I misspelled your name [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredible and always tried to help. Its not your fault PointOS is a broken nonfunctional disgrace to the POS market. I mean even my calculator can add payroll hours better. Do your self a favor and DONT BUY THIS SYSTEM.

Pros

I was sold on included features such as basic inventory management, payroll hours calculation and simplicity of the system. After 5 painful years working with PointOS Proffesionals and then PointOS XE all I can say is DONT DO IT!

Cons

Start by saying their proprietary screen doesn't have a power button (How do you forget a power ) So when it freezes sometimes daily they say oh just unplug it. EVERY update for a glitch, I would think great its fixed.... but every time they fix something, they also break something. The reply?.... Sorry well fix that next time days or weeks later or never? The cycle repeats for 5 years almost non stop. Here's a few of the issues I experienced.... Auto entering tender amount at $483, Clearing all the tab names?, daily freezing!!, payroll addition errors?!, modifiers not working, mismatch error (2 systems they couldn't keep in communication, inability to work with merchant services to fix tech issues or my PCI issues (I got charged $20 extra a month and risked fraud for 9 months because they don't work together), support staff at night that don't know anything useful about the system.... the list goes on. The system is so archaic, choppy and slow . refunding cash takes about 8 steps including multiple screens with forced prompts, warnings and notifications. Nothing is simple with PointOS. It got to the point that I refused updates regularly unless I could be there and on a slow day just to deal with the onslaught of issues that arise every time I did an update. Inventory is supposed to track ounces of liquor sold and remaining supply. After 5 years the number still make no sense. 2+2=17 huh? Im DONE!

Reasons for Choosing PointOS

Cause I made a mistake and they represented themselves as a functional, well staffed POS system (which they are not)

Response from PointOS

Replied March 2021

We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide the best software and service at the most cost-effective price, and we are disappointed to hear you were not entirely satisfied. Our support is always available to offer training on reports and batching. We're also happy to advise on compatible hardware specifications to ensure optimal software functionality. If we can be of service in the future, we'd love to show you our new platform and compatible hardware options to ensure a more positive experience.

Angela from Joe's Liquor & Bar

Used it for years

Over all this software works well for me, my employees and myself have found ways to work around the issues that never get fixed or seem forever to be addressed. I don't like that PointOS does not let you know when they have fixed something you have reported. I use this for my liquor store and bar.

Pros

It's easy for employees to use, once you get that everything is ounce based it's pretty easy to program from the back end. Support is friendly and always answers and will move you up the food chain if you have a unique issue.

Cons

It has bugs and issues. I also can not see what items are tied to inventory items so if you make a mistake programing and building the data base good luck ever finding it. The reporting is minimal but better than what I had.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Angela, We appreciate you taking the time to send this valuable feedback. With our new PointOS software we have added new Cloud Reports to help manage customer requests for new reports. We also work directly with PointOS Customers using our newer software to help create an environment ideal for all of their needs. The benefit of having our own Customer Success team now is that Customers will be informed of any support calls that are resolved outside of the current active call. For technical related issues our Technical Support technicians will always keep our customers updated on resolutions, or ask for further info when needed until the issue is resolved.

50/50

Software is straightforward as long as the new updates don't screw any thing up. The great thing this company has going for it is the technical support department. Customer service experiences were terrible.

Pros

Software is easy to use and technical support is always friendly and available 24/7.

Cons

Customer service is completely lacking on this product. Purchased the remote desktop feature and it never did work on any device. iOS, Andriod or PC. This was a license for an extended time period. PointOS would not return any calls on this for weeks. When I was finally able to get ahold of somebody, Point OS refused to technically resolve the issue, or offer any refund, pro-rated or otherwise.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

HI There, Thank for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. The PointOS Software (Pro and PointOS) are Windows? 7 or higher compatible. We are excited to say that our newest software that will be coming out soon will also support Android and iOS. In addition our new customer success representatives are available 24 hrs 7 days a week 365 days a year to help assist with any questions.

PointOS review

It's ok, not great. When you call, it depends on which rep takes the call. A few of the guys are very helpful; others want you off the phone and will only provide the basics and not go beyond

Pros

easiness to add the food items for the restaurant and set up categories as needed

Cons

reporting. Their reports are not good, need improving. Plus have to do manually since unless you pay for cloud service you cannot access reports remotely

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

The PointOS platform provides an all in one point of sale system with features ranging from inventory and labor forecasting, to detailed reports and analytics that help you to make the right decisions for your business. Our updated services included a low monthly fee of 39.99 per month for a PointOS license, which includes 24hr a day, 7 day a week customer service. Cloud services are also included in this price and allows you to access your reports from anywhere, anytime.

Anthony from Hospitality

PointOS

Pros

Price and features. It really is a great system for the price. Aside from a few of the glitches, it's well worth the money. I'm very happy with my purchase. However, if you are not tech savvy, be cautious buying. Customer support and technical support is useless. I set it up myself from day 1, so I was able to make sure everything was programmed properly.

Cons

There's still a lot of glitches in the system and customer support is some of the worst I've ever experienced. Technical help also is awful. They couldn't help me anytime I called in to tell them about some of the glitches I've noticed in their system. In fact, the one time I called in, the lady actually said, "wow, you know more than us about this".

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Hi Anthony We are so sorry to hear that you have had this experience. We are happy to announce that PointOS has brought our Customer and Technical support in-house and have qualified representatives ready to assist 24hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.

fawzi from Self Employed

Industry: Restaurants

this point os can be hit

horrible. software is fine but support is bad

Pros

I like how easy to use it and it's customization is not bad

Cons

customer support is horrible. when I signed in for this software . one of the main thing I loved was the 24/7 tech support. of course what is a software without a support service. the first year the support was amazing. when we Renaud the support plan every thing went down . you call support they don't help any more. they cant or don't know. last time I had to wait 2 weeks for the customer support level 3 or what ever to call back and fix the problem. my issue is a POS without a strong support is nothing . so what we did . we ended up not renewing our service. we need to add more station but the question is it worth it without a good c support. now are in the market for a system because we can't work with a pos that have basically very poor support PS we have 2 business that us pointos

Reasons for Choosing PointOS

they had a good customer support

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Fawzi, We are sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time with customer support. With the purchase of the updated PointOS XE the payment plans start at just 39.99/mos for 1 license, and additional licenses are only 29.99/mos. This includes 24hr/7 day a week customer support from our new team of support representatives. We also provide how-to videos to help with the set up and use of the PointOS system.

Mike from DixieMaze Farms

Awful support

The software is exceptional - it is the service and support that makes this product a very poor choice.

Pros

Loaded with features. POS, Scheduling, Membership, Email intigration, delivery, payouts, calendar, more.

Cons

Poorly documented in some areas. Getting information to implement product functions if you can't figure it out in the manuals will require an additional support contract. In short, after the purchase you are on your own unless you pay them s lot more money.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Mike, With our new how-to videos you can easily find all the information you need to address your queries. If you can't find what you're looking for and need additional support our new customer success team will gladly answer any questions you may have. With the purchase of the new PointOS XE software for 39.99 per month customer support 24 hrs a day 7 days a week is included.

Amy from Oakley Country Club

PointOS

Overall it works well for our situation. There are several things that I would love to be changed to make it even better.

Pros

Cons

The system does not work well for a business that utilizes charge accounts for customers. When those customers pay, there is no opportunity to add a tip when using a credit card. “Creative” bookwork has to be used to accommodate these tips. Which is something we do not want to do.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Amy, Thank you for sending your valuable feedback. Our new PointOS Software has significant improvements to our house account feature that include the ability to add and adjust tips made via a house account.

Jake from Duke's Bar & Grill, Hopkinsville, KY

Industry: Restaurants

Company full of empty promises, defective products

Actually and absolutely no benefits whatsoever. That sounds exaggerated--but it is not. (BEWARE. Sales people will tell you hardware will ship same day as payment clears, but this is NOT TRUE. Several days of delay after payment even after 4 follow-up calls.)

Pros

The only possible pro to this software was that you can download it online and there is not a long delay for setup.

Cons

Implementation of the PointOS Profesional software along with their hardware bundles was an unmitigated disaster. The software is riddled with glitches, anomalies, malfunctions and bugs. I spent hours and hours and hours on line with tech support fixing problems within the first 2 weeks. After an agonizing opening week with thousands of dollars lost in comped food and upset customers I called in an IT expert to find and fix the problem. Ultimately, the hardware I received had a defective network adapter that caused the software to malfunction. PointOS abdicated all responsibility for their defective hardware and dragged me along from 8/9/17 to today without ever offering a resolution. If you are looking for a nightmare software/hardware backed by a company that fundamentally fails to be not only proactive but even reactive to a customer's crisis than look no further. I purchased PointOS Professional for the lower price tag and quicker turn-around time and it was the worst mistake I have ever made. You will PAY MORE for PointOS Profesional than their competitors once you figure in the losses, stain to your business reputation and sheer aggravation you will endure with this company. Best case scenario (everyone works right-which I guarantee won't happen) the software lacks countless basic features. As a small business owner, I urge you to steer clear and wish you only the best of luck if you've made the mistake of purchasing the software before reading this review.

Response from PointOS

Replied October 2017

Hi Jake, we are very sorry you had this experience. I see the detailed notes on your account, unfortunately your printer arrived in a different mode than the standard PointOS mode. It did take longer than expected. However, it was identified in one business day. It was at this point the product team authorized to provide white glove support at no cost to you, which is above our standard support service. Our team identified your network had IP conflicts. Our standard support package does not include network configuration. It was at this time an IT person was brought in to work on site with our team. We then assisted with you with setup of 2 network printers, and a kitchen printer along with your stations. We logged over 10 hours of white glove assistance. The support tickets did not include reports of bugs. Specifically there were two tickets regarding issues with reporting and cash balances. The reporting issue was tied to the fact the POS terminal didn't have MS Excel on it, which pre

Mike from The Camp Restaurant

Worth the price!

Pros

PointOS is a great low-cost option in the expensive world of POS. We have used PointOS since we opened 4 years ago and they continue to add and improve features based on customer feedback. They have outstanding customer support!

Cons

Lack of online ordering capability and tablet orders.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Mike & The Camp Restaurant, Thank you for your positive review. We really value our customers feedback, and are glad to hear we have been implementing and improving the PointOS software. We are pleased to say that both online ordering, and tablet orders are now available with our updated system and new hardware offerings. Thanks for your support.

Good system

Overall a solid purchase, good value.

Pros

One time purchase. Great hardware options available, but will run on any windows PC. Touch screen is best, but not required.

Cons

Split tenders seem to generate problems. it will go ahead and print the kitchen ticket before getting full payment.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

We are pleased to hear you are happy with the PointOS point of sale software and the value of its offerings for our competitive pricing. With the launch of the PointOS XE we offer new split check features which should help address your concerns.

Tymber from LaBonte Bar

Great system that could use a few minor improvements.

We use PointOS for a bar. Overall we are satisfied with the system and what it allows us to do.

Pros

The ease of learning the system is great for new employees. Simple yet effective.

Cons

I wish the inventory was a bit more precise and user friendly.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Tymber Thank you for the positive feedback, and we are glad to hear that the system is easy for you to use. PointOS XE offers precise and thorough inventory recording from your food and liquor to your plastic cups and napkins. What ever you use and need to keep track of can be thoroughly recorded.

Michael from Middle Ground Grill

Simple and easy to use

Tracks inventory and sales that others could not

Pros

The only software that does what I need.

Cons

Some reports can’t be run for more that a meek at a time. But that’s being worked on in PointOS XE

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Michael, Thank you for taking the time to give PointOS positive feedback. PointOS XE offers a full service point of sale system for bars and restaurants. We offer real time reporting on the cloud anytime anywhere. Set up multiple auto reports and have them emailed or sent via text message. Even send a text to the platform to get specific data.

Matthew from MPBG, LLC

Just Ok... nothing special

Pros

Affordability... but you also get what you pay for

Cons

Customer support... They expect you to be on their level of knowledge

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Matthew, The PointOS platform provides an all in one point of sale system with features ranging from inventory and labor forecasting, to detailed reports and analytics that help you to make the right decisions for your business. In-house payment processing also offers the ability to provide competitive cc processing rates. Our how-to video manuals thoroughly explain how the software works from the moment you start setting up. If you can't find what your looking for our customer success reps will gladly help you with any queries until your problems are resolved. We hope our better service helps improve your business.

JONGSOO from Kanpai 2

Need to pursue perfection

Pros

Easy to use like adding new menus or easy setups, etc.

Cons

A lot of bugs. Not completed program yet. 1. Easy to mistake to hit cash payment button while printing customer receipt. This is most common mistake from every servers. 2. Some discount item (like wine special) prices are not reflected in the breakdown but total is correct (screen viewing is correct but printing is different from screen view). Not a professional POS yet! 3. Monitor size and PointOS screen mismatched. Too small screen!

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Jongsoo PointOS XE offers new display, and new features that can help make your restaurant and servers operate more efficiently with less mistakes. Our new hardware offerings from Elos are modern, and sleek and come in different screen sizes so you can choose what is best for your restaurant.

John from American Legion POst 179

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Horrible Customer Service

Have not really realized any gain, there are a couple of things we wnted them to do for us but there has never been a reply to our requests, no phone calls, no feedbacks. they are just horrible when it comes to customer service.

Pros

They started off great when the software was just purchased, however, their customer service sucks

Cons

Their product support is horrible, they never answer or reply to any requests from their customers

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Hi John, We are sorry for the difficult time you had with the software and our pleased to say that our customer service has agents are now available 7 days a week 24hrs a day to assist with any issues you may have. All the best.

Jerry from B-Bob's

Pros

Easy to use, easy to program, can copy menu items key features into a new product Employees learn it quickly

Cons

Limited amount of Pricing levels for a single product. (Only Good Customer, Special, Regular or Employee) As an example, you can't have "Bud Light" at regular , lower on Tuesday and a different another day... you can only have one pre-set price drop per week.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Hi Jerry, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. The newest versions of PointOS haves Select Customer Pricing Levels, distinct daily special pricing, and customizable "happy hour" pricing for even more customization.

Wm. Trigg from 4th Street Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

Knowledgeable sales team. Responsive customer support. Easy to use POS. Great for pizza shop.

Quick start up when we opened up the restaurant and very little hassle going forward. I have complete confidence in the team at PointOS to help us resolve operational problems where the POS system can be of help.

Pros

Pizza builder makes it easy for for our staff to create custom pizzas. The system is easy to learn from set the set up to daily use.

Cons

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

4th Street Pizza thanks for the review, and we're glad PointOS and the team are able to support your business needs with the pizza builder and 24hr customer support.

June 2016

Garret from United Merchant Partners

June 2016

Blows away the competition

I've worked with a dozen systems over the years and even for more money this system hands down has more usable features than any of them

Pros

Locally based hardware installed and installed with reliable LAN with added in the cloud back up and iPad connectivity makes this a winner!

Cons

You have to use either Vantiv or Cayan processors but they both do a great job so that's not a problem for me

Response from PointOS

Replied June 2016

Thank you for the glowing review. the entire hard working team here loves seeing these!

Barry from Malibu emtertainment, inc

Excellent POS for its time.

Program was excellent but did not upgrade to tablet based. Too bad. I have been with NCR silver pro for a few years. iPad based but fairly slow and below average customer service. Lacks features. Very slow to add obvious features.

Pros

Very fast. Feature packed. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Credit card provider. No choice but theirs. Windows based, very cumbersome. Heavy footprint.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

PointOS provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for restaurants. With newly in-house cc payment processing you can now rely on PointOS for your processing your payments. We offer secure & reliable payment processing with no hidden fees, and honest pricing. PointOS is always striving to be better, and are always updating our feature offerings and product integrations.

David from Danbury Moose Lodge #1373

Customer since 2012

Overall, great experience.

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to set up and modify.

Cons

Reporting, canned reports are just Okay. Need ability to generate custom reports and run automatically like the current daily , weekly, and monthly reports. Could use some more info on the background SQL setup.

Response from PointOS

Replied July 2018

Thanks Dave! we know you'll be happy with XE it will give you all the flexibility you need!

Valerie from The dawg house grill too

Industry: Restaurants

Support is great but software needs twe eking alot

Ease of reports

Pros

Ease of use, reports are plentiful but not always right. Easy for new hires to learn. Quite cash out process.

Cons

Have to have to many modifiers to complete an order. Wish it was more condensed but maybe I don't have it set up right.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

HI Valerie Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback. The newest versions of PointOS has an all new Modifier/Recipe logic to make the experience easier and condense the number of unnecessary modifier screens and include multiple items in both Menu Item and Modifier Recipes.

Karen from VFW Auxiliary

Great POS System!

Great for tracking inventory and generating reports

Pros

It's very easy to use and to print reports

Cons

credit card reader doesnt work sometimes and I have to restart the system

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Karen, We are pleased you find our system easy to use and enjoy the features we have to offer. In addition to those features we also offer integration with Quickbooks which will enable you to tackle your accounting more efficiently. With our new payment processing system and hardware offerings from Elos we can ensure you shouldn't have credit card reader issues.

sonia from Filipinas Oriental Food LLC

So far so good!

I am satisfied so far.

Pros

Been using the software for quite a while, and it's been working ok so far. Customer service is been very helpful.

Cons

Only complaints is when I have issues with the software there's no one can help you if it happen on weekends.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Sonia, Our Customer Support Team is available when you don't have time to troubleshoot whether it's the credit card processing, POS software or WiFi system. With integrated payments, you don't need to just call PointOS. We offer 24/7/365 support.

Larry from Bridie Manor

Industry: Restaurants

I am just amazed at this system and reccomend it to all I speak to..Ty McDougal outdid himself

Easiness of operation

Pros

Everything about this system is exactly what the salesman told me.easy to use,support,and affordability

Cons

I have had minor start-up, problems..I truly love Pointos. It's Easy to use, easy to set up, easy to teach.Just an amazing product

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Larry We are so pleased to hear you are satisfied with the PointOS point of sale system for your establishment. We pride our business on our 24hr 7 day a week customer service, ease of use and affordable pricing, so we are glad that you can confirm that.

Fawzi from Gdiner

Stay away From Point OS

Stay away from them I have been using the system for some time. Started with point os pro and ended with Point XE. I just cannot express how much frustration, loss of money and time. Where do I start Freezes all the time Need to restarted multiple time a day Terminals loose connection to the data bases multiple time a day Support is a joke The list goes for ever, but these are that main issues

Pros

Nothing . it is simply does not work.

Cons

Freezes all the time , Need to restarted multiple time a day and the list goes for ever

Reasons for Choosing PointOS

they have an amazing sale team that sells you fish in the sand

Response from PointOS

Replied August 2020

Hi Fawzi, We're so sorry to hear about your experience and want to thank you for your feedback. PointOS strives to provide a quality point-of-sale and restaurant management platform that is easy to use and cost effective. We have since added additional support resources, and our team would be happy to help however possible. Please feel free to give us a call at 857-250-2719 if we can be of assistance.

owner

overall I thing the system is a great fix for my business.

Pros

price and credit card processing features.

Cons

entering the menu items into the system.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our payment processing offerings. PointOS provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for your restaurant. Our in-house payment processing system offers secure and reliable payments with honest pricing, and no hidden fees.

Tim from Game day sports bar and grill

Simple to use. Wish the online support was better.

Accountability

Pros

Very easy to program. Simple for my employees to use. Able to add stations to the system to better serve our customers

Cons

Put a second system on it and it's slower then the first computer. The mypointos app is unavailable. Support hasn't gotten back to me in two weeks.

Response from PointOS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We take customer contact seriously and apologize for your experience. PointOS Support will reach out to you within the next few hours to follow up. They will also create a support ticket. We recommend keeping those on hand.

Just my opinio

I was told the system had an integrated scale. It does not.

Pros

I like the reports from current to past day. How it sends reports to let you know how you have done for the week with production and where you are on payroll.

Cons

I wished the system would also do a graph to show how you did over the past couple of weeks as well.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the feedback, and we value your input. The updated PointOS XE software offers graphs to give you a better visual on how your business doing.

Eric from Loup River Dsitlling

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Owner Loup River Distilling.

Keeping track of orders and sales

Pros

widows based, easy to use, have had zero issues with the software

Cons

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Eric We are glad to hear you find PointOS an easy to use system. PointOS XE offers easier and quicker editing options that continue to make our software easy to use for any establishment.

Kristie from Elks Lodge

I wouldn't purchase this product.

I wish we hadn't wasted our money.

Pros

I haven't found anything good about this product.

Cons

I can't get the 24/7 support on the phone when I call. It doesn't add the sales tax and the purchases correctly. The company has changed credit card processing company.

Response from PointOS

Replied August 2020

Kristie, We're so sorry to hear about your experience. PointOS strives to provide a quality point-of-sale and restaurant management platform that is easy to use and cost effective. We also offer PointOS payments to help streamline and better support payment processing internally. If we can be of further assistance, please note that our support line offers a queue system for convenience during high volume call times, so please feel free to call in at 857-250-2719 or email at support@pointos.com, and we will get back to you soon!

Lansfield from LFW & Associates Consulting

Pros

Ease of use by junior staff. Also running end of day reports for revenue purposes

Cons

Ability to keep an inventory of the components that goes into a product e.g cups, straws etc. Ability to link it to QuickBooks Accounting

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Lansfield, The new updated PointOS XE software which is available at 39.99 per month for your first license and 29.99/mos thereafter integrates with quickbooks, and allows for the ability to keep all components of inventory from food and liquor to cups and straws.

Kevin from Antioch Technologies

This is a title.

I mean, it does what it is supposed to do which is ring up orders and it has the ability to do so much more but the owners can't afford to hire me to program their software and they don't have time to put into it all that it can do so it is just basically using its basic functions. Support is expensive and required which was a terrible point. So terrible, in fact, that I will never recommend this software to any other company I represent again.

Pros

It was relatively easy to set up, I was able to train the end user on the parts of the software that mattered.

Cons

You MUST purchase a year of support when you purchase the software. Even if I have already purchased the software for another location. This is absurd and a waste of money. The software is expensive enough and doesn't have an overly professional feel to it.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Kevin, We do apologize that you have had a bad experience with PointOS We are proud to announce that PointOS XE offers competitive monthly payment plans starting at 39.99 per month, which is inclusive of 24hr, 7 days a week customer service and support. PointOS prides itself on being the most affordable, easy to use point of sale software in the market.

Pete from The tasting room

Over promised under delivered

I am not solving any problems point OS is causing problems for me

Pros

The price, of the equipment and how I could use it with all of my other computers

Cons

How I was promised things and shown things that can not done

Reasons for Choosing PointOS

I was shown and told it could do what I needed and was lied to and by the time I figured it out it was to late

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Pete, We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the PointOS platform. The new PointOS XE provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for restaurants.

July 2015

Mike from The HopHouse Barr & Grill

July 2015

Average at best

This one isn't even paid off yet and I'm already looking into replacing it. Pros - price, easy to use, my sales guy/customer service guy is good. Cons - touch screen works horribly, bartenders had to resort to using pen caps to get it to accept. It has been that way since day one. Tried stylus pens and those don't work either. must purchase excel to have reports emailed or printed. can't check online live unless pay for their service, credit card merchant options are terrible. can't bring up previous days closed tabs to check things that might be wrong. can't reprint cashier closing reports. can't split tabs 50/50 or 1/3,1/3,1/3...etc, etc. only by item, can't have the same item on special multiple days with different prices without changing it manually each day. It's a decent enough system but I'm not satisfied I should have went with the pricier one!!!

Response from PointOS

Replied July 2015

The hardware issues as far as the touchscreen are strange. Screen might just need to be calibrated. The hardware is older and not purchased through us. A touch screen is just an input device like a mouse. Our program does nothing special to make it work. You should contact the manufacturer. We do export to Excel but Open Office will open .xls files as well for free. As far as online, we offer full cloud services for $99 year, but have free basic online and iOS app reports for free. All previous tabs can be brought up by clicking the tab in the closed orders list. Here it can be reprinted. Also, you can split checks by item or by payment amount. You can also have an item on special multiple days. We support 5 different price options with Happy Hour and Specials able to change the price on a time schedule. I feel that this customer is simply unfamiliar with some of our features and am offering free training and help with their hardware

Lisa from Oswego tea company

Service non existent

Where are you guys?? I paid for your tech service..I have no access to any information. According to the system I have done 0 days worth of business..EVERY SHRED OF BUSINESS THAT WAS IN YOUR SYSTEM CEASED TO EXIST IN THE FIRST OF JANUARY. I need to do taxes and try to apply for PPP help. WHY DON'T YOUR PEOPLE CALL ME BACK..OR EMAIL OR SOMETHING. If you have gone out of business the least you could do is contact me and let me know how to retrieve my information.

Pros

Tech help is necessary and I pay for the service. No one calls me back

Cons

Why don't you call me back it has been weeks since I first contacted you.

Tina from Hitching Post LLC

The Worse I ever Dealt With

your technical support is the worse I have dealt with and any one of your team members do not call you back I could tell you more but it wont fit in this box if you really want to know how I did not get my moneys worth with this company just give me a call at 480 653 0881 and ask for support team

Pros

It is easy and it is user friendly it has its good points

Cons

Its Glitches all the time and that it is very picky

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

TIna, We apologize that your experience with PointOS was not a good one. We thrive on customer feedback, and are always looking to make our software better. PointOS XE now offers low monthly payment plans from 39.99 per month which include 24 hr 7 day a week customer support. So no matter what the problem and what time it is we are happy to assist.

Gary from Senbeb Cafe

Using PointOS at our cafe

PointOS gets the job done and the price can't be beat.

Pros

PointOS was very easy to install, and setup. It handles take out orders, and call in orders very well.

Cons

After a cashier does a z-out (end of day closing), the PointOS system will not let you make a sale, until after the drawer cash is entered. Also a search feature, for all items for sale, would be helpful for new hires who are not yet familiar with the menu.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Gary, Thank you for taking the time to review and leaving feedback. The newest version of PointOS will have a search feature that allows users to find items by searching both Menu Items and Modifiers attached to the Menu Items by name. We can't wait!

PointOS review

It is a very easy to use, intuitive tool that is perfectly complemented with its reporting engine.

Pros

This app is fantastic to support your restaurant sales and also will provide great visibility with its dashboard/reporting engine.

Cons

I find its performance better fit for smaller restaurants or bars but can't wait to see what the next releases will bring to us.

Response from PointOS

Replied March 2020

Hi There, We're happy when you're happy, so we are glad to see PointOS is helping your business. We're just as excited for the new updates as you. Thanks again! The PointOS Team

Jeff from The California Room Inc.

Not very well thought out

zero lost 1100 on purchase.

Pros

The pricing was fair. networking and backroom reports are fine. The system installed ok with tech help.

Cons

The sales person promised the functionality but was wrong. System doesn't open tabs as told. I was told it couldn't be done the way our software and others do it. Lots of programming in areas that are not popular in our area like music playlists etc. maybe in other areas that works not sure. biggest problem spending 1100+ for the one feature we needed in a busy bar.

Response from PointOS

Replied August 2017

Hi Jeff, We have made some really great additions to the Software. We will reach out to you and discuss your tabs issue.

Larry from Maceo Elks Lodge #8

Works great for us

Great

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use, everyone who uses it loves it.

Cons

Nothing yet we just got it and it is doing great.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Larry, Glad to hear that you are enjoying the PointOS point of sale for your business. The updated PointOS XE provides successful restaurants with a technology platform that combines point of sale, front of house, back of house and guest-facing technology with an integrated credit card processing solution custom-built for restaurants.

Lorraine from The Old Blue Rooster

Lorraine

Pros

Pretty simple to use, lots of reports

Cons

We are just a small bar so it’s a little more than what we need but it works well.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Lorraine, We are glad to hear that our software is working for your business. PointOS works for all businesses from 1-100 +.

Dennis from Panhandle Aerie No. 4045 Inc. F.O.E.

Not User Friendly

Too complicated for small operation.

Pros

Appeared to be functional. Appeared to be practical.

Cons

Became necessary to reinvent everything, system did not have required software installed, very user unfriendly. Support after paying for continued support system would not update.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Dennis We are sorry to hear you had a difficult time with the software. PointOS XE offers low monthly payment options starting at 39.99 which includes customer support 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Our accessible how-to videos can also help with all setup and other software use queries.

February 2013

Ron from Hei & Low Tap

February 2013

Very good once you get it set up

Very good - once you program it. Took me 25 data entry hours to load all of my menu items and tie them to inventory and I'm not that slow. My staff and I played with it a lot before we had enough confidence to go live with it. Some little twists and turns that need to be learned, but no major deal. However, once set up and going works beautifully. Totally satisfied.

Pros

Price. Flawless operation. Great customer support. All the features we need

Cons

Complete pain in the a** to set up. Operation not particularly intuitive at first.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Ron We are so happy you are pleased with the PointOS system. With our updates in the software, and detailed how-to for setup it is now much easier to get your software going. Thanks!

May 2012

K from SANDBAR GRILL

May 2012

POINTOS IS GOOD

you need to look for a system that can do debit not credit cards

Pros

THE PROGRAM IS THE BEST OUT THERE EZ TO USE. THE PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE AND GOOD

Cons

THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS credit card processor merchant WAREHOUSE, GETTING OVER CHARGE, and not get the money in the account right, the credit card processing go's offline and can't charge any thing.

Response from PointOS

Replied January 2020

Hi Sandbar Grill We are pleased to announce that all credit card processing has been brought in-house. With this we are able to offer better competitive rates, and release payments quicker. Additionally payments can still be made when your system is offline.