• Pros

• "I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales. "

• "Very easy to use and train on. Well thought out and designed."

• "Customer Support was great, quick to respond, and knowledgeable."

• Cons

• "It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps "

• "Some issues on reporting but we are working through. "

• "Some configuration settings may need to be selected repeatedly in order to save or be enabled but this is not always the case as a minor annoyance."

Browse CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

Life made easier

This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros

The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

Kyle from Abilene Oasis, LLC dba; Smokin Jo's

CAPS

Being familiar with the CAPS system from our sister property made this incorporation very easy.

Pros

We were operating on a tight turn around but, Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate to our CAPS System. Looking forward to utilizing the 24/7 support line as we get into the nuts and bolts.

Cons

Not that far along yet but, will certainly let y'all know.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Already using CAPS and familiar with the functions and ease of training clerks.

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

Better reordering capabilities and inventory tracking. Also, much more familiar with the product.

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Kyle, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far and that Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate it for you! Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Betsy from Tony's Garden Center

Would recommend POS Nation

I know that when I call I always have someone who can guide me and answer questions. That is very much appreciated. Our Customer Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been wonderful through this experience. He has been kind and patient. We really appreciate the fact POS Nation is a US-based company and everyone we speak to is here in the US.

Pros

All of our needs have been met with this pos system. We appreciate that the learning curve for the software was easy and the process of integrating with our existing business was efficient.

Cons

I would like to see a printer that prints tags for outside use, such as a tree tag. At the moment we are printing onto a smaller tag and sticking them to the tree tags.

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

The reasons are far too long to list in this space. :)

Lorraine from Winhall Market

CAP for Grocery store

Pros

The promised ability to use my existing hardware which was not possible with any other grocery specific POS program.

Cons

It was not specific to the grocery industry and is not flexible in changing to changing needs within the grocery industry. For example, when an additional tax was imposed for telecommunication cards this program did not have the ability to differentiate it which would be required in order for me to report taxes to the state. Also, my own personal, custom gift cards cannot be processed through the system nor can I scan and process Major gift cards through this program.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

The promised ability to use my existing hardware which didn't work out in the end and when it wouldn't run well on my equipment I had to replace most of it which in the end was more expansive than a grocery industry specific program that I would have been much better off with.

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Lorraine, We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in regards to some areas within our software. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you at 704-405-5089.

VIVIAN from LOUIES GUN SHOP

Industry: Sporting Goods

sPORTING GOODS

Love it

Pros

The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

Needed more options to enter items and get reports

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Vivian, Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Sean from Country Gardens

POS Nation Review

I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros

I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons

I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

We have Toast in our Restaurant program. Their poor hardware performance and lack of customer service dissuaded us from pursuing any further business with them.

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

Inventory and reporting capabilities. Also, to get with a more modern system.

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

Heather from 6Ten Vape Den

CRE

The version I have is Cash Register express. I have been happy overall. The transition has been relatively seemless.

Pros

Once the system is set up it is easy to use and the reporting features are very useful.

Cons

The limited ability and cost to communicate with accounting software like Quickbooks online.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Mainly the pricepoint and the value for the price.

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

More reporting features, inventory management, price point

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Heather, Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

Carol from Marlin's Raw Superfood for Pets

Wonderful Step By Step Guidance

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , our delightful Customer Success Manager, has been by our side since day one helping us get our new POS system up and running. We have found the software rather intuitive and easy to use so far.

Cons

Right now I am having a difficult time getting data I need from the Reports. This may be due to my inexperience with the new system.

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

I made the switch from QuickBooks POS due to poor support. When you are running a retail business, and have an issue with your POS, you need help right away or you lose customers.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2020

Carol, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with your Customer Success Manager, and that he represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon! Please reach out to us if you would like additional training in regards to the reports at customercare@posnation.com

Paul from Asian Food & Gifts of Chattanooga, Inc

Tech Support

CAP POS is great to use but I notice they are few little things as end user myself, we need tech support to help us get though some of glitch & add-on products to the POS sooner & less wait time. I am always please & special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , he have always help solve all issue I encounter in just one call, his knowledge of this software is second to none.

Pros

We have been using Cap software for many years & I found it's easy to use, it have many options available that business manager would love to explore it for their business. I hope CAP will post more video in how to explore all the great feature in it.

Cons

I can't find much of what I like least about this software but I do hope the wait time for tech support is shorter, retail business POS can't be down for too long customers have least patient when system have a glitch and tech support can't be reach right away.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Before upgrade from CAP POS Ver 5 to Ver 9 pro I did order a Chinese fonts capability POS to replace CAP POS, due to several issues I store the POS system in the warehouse and never touch it again. I found CAP POS & tech support is something I can count on a day to day operation.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Paul, Thank you for your feedback regarding both the software and our technical support team. We want to ensure that we are decreasing our wait time and you are receiving the help you need in a timely manner. Please give our customer success team at call if you find that the wait time has become too extensive. You can reach us at 877-727-3548 Option 2. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to working with you in the future!

TJ from Andrews on the Square

LOVE POS NATION

Wonderful- Highly recommend

Pros

User Friendly, Reporting, Inventory. The best customer service and IT support. Easy set up and the POS NATION teams care about you and your business.

Cons

Worldpay take 1-2 days to deposit funds from customers paying with credit cards.

Best Customer Service

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2020

TJ, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far specifically the reporting and inventory modules. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Diana from Beads of Splendor

CAP is perfect for managing a retail shop with lots of product and customers

For us, the inventory control is the most valuable. We have a bead shop with hundreds of small items that would be impossible to manage without CAP. We know what's selling, who is buying and when to reorder or put on sale to move out. We know what our overall financial position is constantly.

Pros

Back office is incredible - so nice to have access to everything that we do from purchasing, receiving, tagging, selling, reordering, customer history, discounts, special sales - I could go on forever. I can't imagine what more could be needed.

Cons

We started using CAP when we first set up our business over 20 years ago and have enjoyed the upgrades over the years. Now with the incredible support we are getting today it is wonderful. The program is sophisticated and with so many options it is so much easier to utilize more features with the new support available. I wish we had access to that years ago. I spent a lot of time with trial and error trying to utilize different features but now I can just pick up the phone and within a very short period of time, I've got my questions answered or problems solved!

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Diana, POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We are so happy to hear that you love the Back Office feature and the upgrades over the years. We are excited to continue working with you throughout the years to come!

Jennifer from Quick service mart

I could not have asked for a better system and company!

My overall experience with POS nation is probably one of the best experiences I’ve had with another company. From day 1 everyone that I have spoke with at that company has done nothing but go above and beyond to help in any way they possibly can with anything that I needed. Their customer service skills were amazing. And that’s very hard to find these days. Every employee that I spoke with was not only extremely nice and amazing and helped with anything that i needed but you could tell that they all worked for a great company and took great pride in the company that they worked for. Which is also very rare these days. I have nothing but amazing compliments for this company! From the bottom to the top! I’m so impressed with

Pros

What I liked most about this software was pretty much everything. From the price, the free installation, the iCloud monthly service, the 24/7 help line, and the overall easiness of the system. Everything was customized for the products we sell. If there wasn’t a barcode, you could easily make your own button for the product. The ID option is amazing, it helps the employees on checking IDs for the sale of beer and cigarettes. The time clock for clocking in and out is very helpful as well. Along with the end of day report and all the statistics that it helps break down.

Cons

Your system is amazing and truly the only con I could actually think about would be to have a bigger font option on the screen or bigger square options on the main screen.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

I did research on POS nation and 10 other different companies for a span of almost 6 months. I listened to the pricing, watched demos, spoke with numerous reps, etc. POS nation actually topped them all. To begin with, The price was by far the best out of all the competitors. It was buy to own with no monthly fees or hidden fees. Etc.. if you need help at any time, you get an English speaking operator/troubleshooter. (Which is a big and very needed thing in my retail world), every employee from bottom to the top of the chain at POS nation went above and beyond for me at any time. The monthly iCloud backup system that is not on contract. It’s month to month. You can cancel at anytime. The free onsite installation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was pretty cool. He actually drove all the way from North Carolina to Knoxville, TN. I know what a curvy long drive that can be. The easiness of the software is unbelievable. At first, I panicked and didn’t know if I could learn it so I could teach my employees but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] showed me the basics and after he left, I started messing around with the system and I was able to pick up with the system within minutes. It’s truly one of the best. The customer service skills from everyone I spoke with were amazing! They were not only very professional but they knew their jobs from front to back. They had great customer service skills and were able to joke and laugh and have fun at the same time. They had an amazing attitude and outlook For the company they work for

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your in-depth review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback.

Karen from Black Fedora LLC dba Mostly Hats

My first POS

For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros

I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons

Oooh, this is gonna be a long list. It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!) Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

We appreciate the feedback, Karen!

Gordon from Bing Brown's

Great system for the Money

I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros

CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons

​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders. Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

Justin from Parsons Used Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Amazing Product!!

This system and the staff have been extremely beneficial to our business, here in Canada. They helped through the purchasing, setting up, and operation of the system without rushing me and only stopping after I was satisfied. Before POS Nation, we were using an old analog cash register that only had new items and used items as categories (the only new items we carry are mattresses), leaving no information as to what we sell in what quantities or values. Now, we can see how many of what we sell and when. This is very important to us and will be a very good aid for as to what donations we will be seeking more or less of.

Pros

The system's best feature is its customizability. Being a used furniture store that also deals with antiques, appliances, collectibles, tools, and pretty much everything except for clothing, we needed a system that we could adjust on the go since our inventory is always changing. We've been using this system for about 3 months now and even today, I'm still making adjustments multiple times a week. My volunteers caught on to its use very quickly, even considering the changes that I keep making to it.

Cons

The two things that I don't like is the inability to remove payment options buttons, such as EBT or Gift Card, as we don't use those methods and I would like to have a 3rd column of TS Lookup. The first on the left brings up the three on the right. I wish it could do sub-categories. For example, if we sell a mattress I'd like another row to pop up and ask if it's new or used and the third to then ask which size, material, etc.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

We decided to go with POS Nation over the several other companies out there because I found that most were for restaurants/bars instead of retail and the ones that did serve retail were adaptations from restaurant/bar systems and weren't very customizable OR had high monthly costs of $60+ (that's a lot for a charity). POS Nation has nearly full customization and no monthly fees if you don't want the monthly tech support.

Response from POS Nation

Replied February 2020

We appreciate your feedback, Justin. Thanks for being a POS Nation customer!

Carol from Aeronautical Ctr Employees Assn

Dependable software/Easy to Use

We are very happy with the product. Otherwise, we wouldn't be such long-time customers. We can track sales hourly/daily/monthly/annually as well as by sales code. We can offer discounts to customers and track on type of discount given. Also, helps us keep track of inventory costs/turnover, sales taxes and much more.

Pros

Have been using the CAP POS system in our employees' store for 20 years +. Easy system for cashiers and administrator to learn and use. On the very few occasions that we've had issues, tech support was very responsive and fixed the problem on the first contact. No need for call backs.

Cons

Wish there was some way we could link it to our website so it could automatically track inventory on our online store and show items as sold out. Right now , we run reports daily and adjust manually. But Reports module is very easy to use and provides many different real-time reports with variables depending on info you are looking for.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Unknown why this product chosen but do know they were using hand-written receipts and manual bookkeeping system prior to purchasing.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Carol, Reviews like this really make our team proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer for over 20 years! We are so happy to hear that our technical support team has been very responsive to fix any problem that you have had throughout the years. Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Karen from DAYTON CHURCH SUPPLY

Good value for small business

Cap is very helpful, solves problems readily, have great features, like off site back up, and is easy to use and change as needed.

Pros

This software is easy to use, has a lot of features, and can be used in a limited way then expanded asfeatures become needed. Ability to sell misc. items not in inventory.

Cons

There is a lot of features, that I am not familiar with and take time to learn, but as a small business it is hard to find that time. Would like to be able to amend a sale after the fact(ie change a visa charge to a mater card without reringing, or unvoid a sale )

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

It was the easiest to use and implement, we are a 100 year old small business and we were able to incorporate our paper bookkeeping easier and gradually switch over as we built our inventory.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Karen, Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and service. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business. In regards to amending the sale after the fact, feel free to call our technical support team at 704-405-5089 and they can help walk you through this process. Thank you again and we look forward to working with you!

Scott from Harrow Beverage

Review of Personnell

Pros

The customer support team, in particular [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic with getting my problem solved as quickly as she did. I hope that she answers any future calls we need to make.

Cons

Inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases. Our credit card processing is through Payment Depot/First Nashville and the need to go to a separate screen and hit another key, while our customer is waiting is cumbersome and not efficient, either time wise or financially. We have been told that this is due to us using First Nashville, but it is hard to believe that a processor of this size is not set up in your system for this to be handled. Please feel free to contact me for further response.

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Scott, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that our customer support team represented POS Nation well. In regards to your inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases, we definitely can help you get this setup. Please give our technical support team a call at 704-405-5089 to get you the assistance needed. Thank you again for your review! We greatly appreciate you as a customer.

Michael from Hurdle Mills Feed & Farm

My business backbone

Overall good experience. I depend on it as if it were one of my best employees.

Pros

This is the only POS I have ever used. It is the first and only one this family business has ever used. The point of sale works well as we have a large inventory for a small business. I have trained six different people to use it and have done well. The ability to generate reports related to sales for tax purposes and managing inventory as well as managing A/R is wonderful.

Cons

We have had some anomalies over the years that can not be explained. We have several accounts for individuals that generate a repeating sale each time I do monthly statements. I will name them ghost acct and discard them each month. Occasionally this will happen with an inventory item. The amount in stock seems to change by itself

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Michael, Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are happy to hear that six different individuals were easily trained on the system and also that our reporting functions are just what you need. We greatly appreciate your business.

Phil from The Wreath Works

Industry: Farming

Love our POS System

We are a Christmas Tree Farm with a fairly large gift shop. We are only open seasonally and POS Nation is willing to work with us during the time we are open. This system has allowed us to have total control of the trees in the field, the number of trees sold, and aided us in knowing when to close the harvest. Our entire gift shop is now in the data base which allows for quick and accurate checking-out of the customers. We have also integrated our CC processing in with the POS system and everything works great! I can't say enough good about our experience with POS Nation.

Pros

How easy it was to enter the entire inventory into the system. The speed with which you can check out a customer! And the ability to run easy accurate reports at the end of the day, week or year!

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. Anytime I have had a problem, the system had what I needed, I just didn't know how to use it. Customer support has always solved my problems and taught me what we needed to know. Or better yet, how to use the system.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review, Phil! We're glad you're enjoying the software and find it easy to use.

Carly from Lotsa Pasta

By Far Best Customer Support

I did months & months of research on many (20+) different POS systems before deciding to finally make the switch to POS Nation (CRE). We have used 4 other systems in the past 37 years and I can already tell you POS Nation FAR exceeds any customer service and technical support we have ever received. It was a rocky transition (as expected) but support team and many others at POS Nation were extremely patient & supportive throughout the entire transition. If you are in need of a new POS system, I highly recommend considering POS Nation.

Pros

Customer & technical support have been top notch. We are a business that has used about 8 different POS companies over the last 37 years & have worked with numerous "support" staff from each company. Although we anticipated a rough transition period (as it turned out to be), the staff at POS Nation was there every step of the way. Specifically, customer support were all extremely patient & supportive throughout the month+ long transition.

Cons

A lot of the reports that are available are completely useless, whereas some reports that you would think are completely necessary for a POS system are not available... the most difficulty we have with the lack of reports involves Customer reports. One other CON to CRE is the Quickbooks Sales Pass. It is not as seamless as one would think when you are told it is "fully integrated with Quickbooks."

Kenneth from Condor Beverage Co, LLC

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Simplicity

Been using over 15 years, had some growing pains in first few years but it has been pretty rock solid for last 8-10 years. So easy to use and train new employees quickly. Every other POS I have looked at is overcomplicated and hard to use and follow.

Pros

Very simple presentation at POS homesceen in selling mode, simple operation for scanning, lookup and paying. Software has the few features that I need and so many others that I will never use.

Cons

Inventory sales history by item is not precise enough, needs to break down actual sales from transfers and damages. including transfers really can skew the actual sales history. Also spot checking Inventory is very confusing to teach and execute properly.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Easy to understand and use.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2020

Kenneth, POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We appreciate your 15 years of loyalty and thankful to have you as a customer.

Bob from Penn Center systems

CAP POS Software

Our largest benefit was the integrated Pennsylvania plcb report. We found that most of customers a re small business operators and they were not looking for a $25,000 software package. It is a reliable product that fit our customers needs.

Pros

It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report. CAP support has been very helpful. CAP has most of the features that 99% of our customers actually use/need. The price point is good.

Cons

There are not any substantial cons with CAP that we have encountered.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Bob, We are happy to hear that our POS System is easy to set up and train your customers on how to use it! We are also happy to hear that the integrated PA PLCB Beverage report has been very accommodating and crucial for your business. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review that makes us proud! We are glad to have you as a customer.

SHIV from MOOSAI'S HARDWARE LTD

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] WORKED WITH ME TODAY

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] TOOK HIS TIME AND ADDRESSED ALL ISSUES I HAD ON MY 4 STATIONS. LUCKILY HE WAS ABLE TO CORRECT ISSUES THAT WAS CAUSING MY SYSTEMS TO CRASH. HE WAS VERY PLEASANT AND TOOK TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND IF NEED BE I WOULD LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH HIM AGAIN...OTHER REPS SHOULD FOLLOW PATTERN..THANKS

Cons

SOMETIMES IT CRASHES....SOME AGENTS LEAVE ME WITH A BACKUP FROM 2017 WHICH IS CONSIDERED CRAZY BECAUSE WE ARE IN 2020...

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Shiv, Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! Also, if the POS System does crash again, please be sure to either call our technical support team or email us at customercare@posnation.com so that we can get this addressed as soon as possible. Thank you and we greatly appreciate your business.

Joseph L from Joe's Wine Cellar, Inc

Best POS for Retail/Tavern Liquor Business

Pros

Great product. Easy installation and start up. Only POS to provide solution for hybrid business. We are a restaurant/Tavern/retail wine shop that uses the robust tag/label system as well as inside dining/bar business. Service from CAP has been great. Very responsive and good follow up.

Cons

Only Con we experienced was the interface to Quickbooks at startup. Our distributor didn’t provide instruction prior to install. We had Quickbooks operational prior to CAP which required a rebuild of Quickbooks after the fact. CAP customer support went above and beyond to help us.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Ease of use and a great value for our small shop.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Joseph, Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and our customer support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

Cynthia from BayLobsters Cafe & Fish Market

POS Nation tops the list

POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros

I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons

Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

Jeff from Electro Scientific Industries

Great bang for the buck

We have a unique environment here at ESI where we have an engineering & manufacturing facility with an employee cafeteria. There's only one register with a local receipt printer and a networked line printer for the grill/sandwich items. When we installed the software customer support listened well and understood so that it was quite seamless. Then, later when we added debit card support we ordered & received the correct card swipe terminal and were able to turn on the functionality very easily. When we've had network outage issues or had to change IP addressing POS Nation support was very helpful and was able to assist to resolve issues quickly. Overall it has been very good.

Pros

Organization, flexibility and customizability

Cons

The look and feel seems a little clunky...perhaps time for an upgrade?

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the review, Jeff!

Kevin from EmCity

POS Nation/Cash Register Express

POS Nation and Agents have been amazing to the best of their ability.

Pros

Ease of ability to upload previous POS data into it. Ease of daily use.

Cons

What i would consider to be simple items to fix often cannot be fixed. Time Clock is not supported for QuickBooks upload.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Pricing and timeliness to get products to us.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2020

Kevin, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review! We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with our team, and that we have represented POS Nation well. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Sonya from Bay Area Council, Boy Scouts of America

CAP Retail review

We love this program and would recommend it to small or large businesses. We do $200,00 sales a year and it works great for us.

Pros

CAP Retail is easy to use. We use it on a daily basis in our shop.

Cons

The software is easy to setup and install and once sync your inventory, you are ready to use it. It is fast and easy to reconcile daily sales, monthly sales and year end inventory.

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

This program was recommended by our National organization that serves more than 200 shops in the U.S.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Sonya, We are happy to hear that the software was easy to setup and install! Reviews like this really make our company proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Mark from Baylor Scott & White Health

Point of Sale Experience

Overall experience has been great with the system and support. We can always count on support when we need them most.

Pros

Inventory reporting is the most helpful enabling our staff to track the least sold to most sold items to stay on top of what our daily customers are wanting.

Cons

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Mark, Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support and our inventory reporting. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

Sharon from Open Door Cigars

We love POS Nation

We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros

This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons

I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

Jane from Creative Sewing Children's Boutique

Great Software and Even Better Company

Excellent. The team is very easy to work with and actually cares about our business.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use. Our Customer Success Manager helped us with onboarding and training, and we were up and running in a matter of days. The software helps us track inventory and issue purchase orders to our vendors. Overall, it's helped us tremendously with running our business.

Cons

Nothing really. If I had to say anything, some of the buttons are a little small.

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Jane, Thank you for your feedback regarding our software and someone within our Customer Success team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Brian from Merit Pools & Spas

One of the best

Been using CAP for over 14 years

Pros

Very easy to use and train on. Well thought out and designed.

Cons

Having the ability to save credit cards encrypted on file was a nice feature in the other POS system we had

Familiarity was main factor

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

Horrible program that could not run basic operations like a daily report. Too many clicks to run a simple sale. New program with far too many bugs for the very high price.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Brian, Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

Otto from Black Cat Burrito

Broad range, excellent service.

POS Nation has some of the best customer service I've come across. 24 Hour (I think anyway) technicians available, and they even assigned one person to be our contact guy for setting up the new system. He was an invaluable resource when we were just getting started. While not every technician is familiar with every POS System, they are knowledgeable enough to help solve most minor issues, or set up a call-back appointment for the next day with another agent. Could not be happier with POS Nation and their support.

Pros

I am using RPower POS System through POS Nation. This software is very in depth, almost overwhelmingly so. There is next to nothing you can't do through it and as far as POS Systems I've used throughout my career, is easily the most broad and intricate software I've ever seen. RPower comes highly recommended especially if you have a complex or large menu.

Cons

It's range of features and capability are so immense that at times it seems almost intimidating. I have been using it for nearly 4 months now and I'm figuring new things out every day. Sometimes confusing to do what one would imagine to be a simple task, until you figure out all of its various quirks and commands. If you have a small or very simple menu, I would suggest a smaller and simpler POS System.

Kendall from BSW Medical Center

Hospital Gift Shop Use

Pros

Very easy to use. I most enjoy the ability to set up hot keys for the items that we sell the most.

Cons

Would like to see a functionality to be able to take credit card payments over the phone for credit card purchases.

Price and ease of use

Response from POS Nation

Replied February 2021

Kendall, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please reach out to our technical support team at 704-405-5089 to discuss option for taking credit card payments via phone. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Jack from McKee House Seniors Society

Large, complex software

Expansion of existing Point of Sale system - new terminal and migrating from a single standalone installation to a server-based installation. Great technical support during the transition.

Pros

It gets the job done. Responsive sales team during initial contact. Excellent support while installing the product.

Cons

Complex user interface. Very complicated database structure

Reasons for Choosing CAP Retail Point of Sale

Competitive pricing, good customer support

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

We're happy you're staying in touch with tech support! Let us know how we can help with anything else in the future. Thanks for the review!

Payal from Fossil creek liquor

CAP Software is good.

Overall, great product.

Pros

Cap software easy to manage and operate.

Cons

Support during weekdays and during weekend ( Saturday) has lots of challenges. It’s hard to reach the support time.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2020

Hello Payal, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review! We are very happy to hear that you like the CAP software! We also appreciate your honest feedback on our technical support, which we will use to continue improving our processes. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to email us at customercare@posnation.com.

jennifer from art and soul

owner

Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros

Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory. Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out. Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons

The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the review, Jennifer!

Bill from Metro Computer Solutions

Industry: Information Services

Tech Support

Pros

Price Point of features/cost benefit. Seems to be a very good point of sale. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech support is outstanding. He really helped us out with very pin pointed customized features that the customer uses and likes.

Cons

Nothing so much to dislike. It has a lot of the features in a canned product that we can use on a daily basis to run the operation

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Bill, We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with a member on our support staff, and that he represented POS Nation well. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy all the features and functionalities of the POS System. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Lucky from Reddi Mart

Amazing support and equipment

Overall satisfied with my purchase and service. Wish they would provide free upgrades when requested.

Pros

They have multiple of options available including equipment to software to match your business needs. Very compatible with current equipment so it wasn’t hard to switch over.

Cons

At times the system will get slow, will call support however they require a level 2 support to assist. They are available during the weekday however not weekend. In addition, you will have to call to get your system updated and only if there is problems.

Nick from Hwy 61 Liquor Store

Best POS For Liquor Store.

Pros

Easy to operate and maintain POS . [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are best in team.

Cons

Only future it has to be add like Daily Journal Reports so you can see whole day details.

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Nick, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

david from Nantucket Crossing

Very satisfied long term user 25+ years

Basic 101 business needs.

Pros

All the basis features and daily reports

Cons

Product photos and emailing of purchase orders with the newest software is a big plus

Familiarity with CAP -

Response from POS Nation

Replied February 2021

David, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Genevieve from Genie’s Liquor

CAPS Team

Tremendously satisfied

Pros

Easy user friendly Compared to other POS systems I’ve used this one is right on point

Cons

Can’t think of anything. No complaints on anything.

Response from POS Nation

Replied December 2020

Genevieve, We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Linda from Kathy's Kreations

Industry: Restaurants

POS Nation Technical Support Is The BEST!

POS Nation Technical Support is AMAZING! When the system gets hung up or any problem, they answer and have the system going or problem solved quickly.

Pros

The software suggested by POS Nation is easy enough for anyone to use and yet is able to keep up with our growing business.

Cons

The software requires you to create modifiers for so many little changes.

Yaret from El Rosal Bakery

Reliable system!

I like the tech support, always available when we need them.

Pros

simple to use, user friendly and easy to train new employees

Cons

I can't put large pictures on the boxes, Wish it would have a full pictures and text on top of the picture. Online report printing is not available. I can't print daily sales report from my home office.

SHANON from CAPTAIN JACKS MOUNTAINVIEW

Industry: Food Production

GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE

WE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.

Pros

I LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Cons

HONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE

POS

We use this for detail business reporting also it has all features

Pros

It has a great detail reports also it is very User friendly

Cons

It has two sale rate reports and point of sale system

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2020

Rony from Cigars and More

Great product

Pros

Ease of use and what i wanted out of it! The customer service is the best part great people who know what there doing and i get my problems resovled all the time!

Cons

Cant send out mass emails! Nothing to be a deal breaker!

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Rony, Thank you for your kind words regarding our POS System and also our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering such service that our customers can brag about. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review.

Daniel from OMSI

Simple POS system

Pros

It does a lot for the money. It has been easy for our store clerks to learn and use. They provide good support for a great reasonable monthly price.

Cons

Don't really have anything for what i least like.

Reasons for Switching to CAP Retail Point of Sale

The other system support cost was to costly.

Response from POS Nation

Replied November 2020

Daniel, Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our technical support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are also happy to hear that it has been easy for your store clerks to learn and use! We greatly appreciate your business.

Andrea from Sundreya

Post systems review

Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros

Cons

I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business