• Pros

• "My customers and I really appreciate the ability to maintain a purchase history. "

• "The software is so easy to use. Even our computer challenged employees have been able to learn the program without too much frustration and the support from POSIM is great."

• "POSIM makes it easy to track and keep up with inventory, easy reports to run, and literally keeps almost all of my information easily accessible on one place. "

• Cons

• "This software is easy for long term users. Our summer staff has a harder time with it. "

• "The reporting for multisite is not as robust as we would like. There are occasional issues with store to store transfers. The tech support is very responsive to these issues."

• "What I like least is sometimes the upgrade to the next update does not go very easily."

Browse POSIM Reviews

Duk-ki from MAJOR INC.

Scalable POS System for Mac OS

Very satisfied, as POSIM has been very stable, and the tech support has been top notch with our support plan. We have purchased several seats (1 Desktop and 1 Mobile), and it's been very effective.

Pros

This was one of the first advanced POS system made for MacOS, and still is one of the best POS software systems around. Over the years, the system has added may features needed for the scalability of my operation, as our inventory needs have grown.

Cons

The fact that you have to pay for integration with online stores like Shopify, and the inability to delete item cards in bulk (in inventory clearing or donations). Since we stock items that are limited in nature, and the item cards are no longer needed after being dormant after 1 year, we need a solution that eliminates the clutter in the database. However, the system functions fine with all the historical date still on the database, and not archived away.

Samantha from Cardinal Tech Wesleyan Campus Store

POSIM Saves Lives

Ok, maybe it doesn't actually save lives, but pretty darn close! We used POSIM Diamond for DECADES, far longer than we should have. We finally needed to upgrade because we were stuck using old technology for our cash registers.

Pros

*Reporting: This is VERY important to us. We need to be incredibly granular with reports, and POSIM has so many options for reporting. I'm always able to massage the data in whatever way I need. *Cost/Value: POSIM is incredibly inexpensive compared to competitors, even for high-end support and with a ton of registers and locations. At our university, our store, print shop, mail services, computer repair center, and chemistry department all use POSIM in one way or another. It's versatile! Support: Every time I've had to call support (which is more than I'd like to admit) they have either remoted into our computer and helped us directly or answered questions promptly. One time there was a MAJOR problem (I hadn't done an update when I was supposed to - my fault) and we had lost a bunch of data. It was technically backed up, but the technician actually restored the purchases, which made my life so much easier! It was right in the middle of a busy sale day, and they helped us so quickly.

Cons

A lot of our business has to weasel its way into a POSIM invoice. because the invoice fields are not editable or customizable, we have to use a field called "PO number" for an internal billing number and just accept that's what it is labeled as. We would love to be able to customize fields on customer cards and invoices but that is not available at this time. And really, this is a cosmetic problem, not a functional problem.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

Price, reporting capabilities and compatibility with our current system.

Patti from P & C Plumbing & Electric, Inc.

Frustration

Frustrating

Pros

I'm not sure. It has been a very frustrating product.

Cons

I am frustrated that I can NOT back date to do a billing cycle or to make necessary adjustments to this program. I will miss my niece's wedding on August 31 of this year as I HAVE to stay home to do my billing ON the 31st! While I understand your need to control everything about this program, it is very frustrating that my business is open 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm and support is not always available if I get a code that I have to call for. It is too bad we cannot do some things without getting a code to call support. I really would like the opportunity to back date at times so I do NOT miss family events or even the need to be somewhere else on the end of the month, without having to get my billing done BEFORE midnight or it will print the wrong date and close the period wrong.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

ONLY because I could run it off-line.

Michael from The Lumber Yard

Industry: Building Materials

Insights

With thousands of Sku's and a lot of customers to keep track of, reliable POS software is a must to run a business smoothly, efficiently, and profitably.

Pros

We have been using this software in our LBMH business for 20+ years and have found it to be reliable, and the best choice for a business using the Mac platform. Once we got used to EVO we feel it is the best version so far. Very good search options, and customizable. Very good looking screens and easy on the eyes. Lots of good reporting features both standard and customizable. Overall a solid software system. We carry about 4,000 Sku's and EVO handles the inventory management easily. The PO Wizard is my favorite which saves me hours and hours of time and is very accurate. Customer service is aways willing to help if any problems do arise. We use POSIM on two sales registers and two management stations.

Cons

Need a signature pad for signed charge invoices to be attached directly to customer cards. End of the month statements, with signatures, should be able to be printed directly out of POSIM. This is a standard feature offered by most other software systems. Allow all fields on the Inventory card to be customized and a formula added. Allow invoices printed on 8x11 paper to print single line to save paper on the original and the customer copy. It already does the customer copy like that.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

We felt it was the best choice for a Mac based POS system 20+ years ago, and feel the same about it today. Please give us the basic improvements listed in the cons section to make it a great system for all small businesses including LBMH.

David from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff

A Good Option

For the most part we have had a very good experience with Posim, aside from some glitches in the system.

Pros

It is very easy to use. I like the reporting features very much.

Cons

It tends to be very glitchy. We have to call quite often to get technical support to fix different glitches within the system.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

Pricing and familiarity with some of the features.

Chris from Mountain View Paintball

Awesome Product, Amazing Customer Service

The experience with the company has been great. Customer support is prompt and well versed in how to get things going. They are also great on prioritizing issues so we are never left without a functioning means of doing business.

Pros

This software let us do a lot without needing any separate plugins. We can track work orders of products dropped off by customers, have real-time inventory linked to our Shopify website, and link our customer database to Mailchimp.

Cons

There is not a whole lot that we are disappointed with, any problems we have are typically user error, or addressed in future updates after discussing concerns with technical support.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

The ability to input workorders, as we do a lot of repairs requires customer to drop products off for days at a time.

Jon from TreadZ

An Old Diamond User

Satisfied. I wish tech support did not take 1/2 day to get back.

Pros

It is a roll-a-dex setup. Mentally it works. The reports are the power of POSIM if the categories and Misc. categories are set up correctly. Works great with Apple computers.

Cons

I'd like tutorials on all of the stock reports. Especially ROI.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

I have been using POSIM since 1994. It is what I know.

Bill from Barnfield Perfromance Ltd

Growing with Posim Evo

All in all, I am pretty happy with POSIM Evo and try to submit improvement ideas and report bugs. I think like many companies, Posim doesn't seem like it spends enough time communicating and working with customers on a grass roots level. It feels like there is more of a gap there then should be.

Pros

I have been watching this product since its original versions were created. I always used Apple Computers in my operations and business and wanted to stick with that Hardware. As our retail division grew, we needed a POS system that would run on Apple Computers. The Original version of the core software was no longer supported and I didn't what to tie my business to something outdated and poorly supported. I waited years to see what was going to be the outcome of your software. I was excited when I heard that it was bought by younger, more dynamic owners and that they were working on a major rewrite of the whole system in Java and MYSQL. When this new version EVO was available, I pulled the trigger and purchased POSIM EVO.

Cons

7 or 8 years ago it was new and had a lot of bugs. The core features where there from the original POS version, so it was a functional POS, but there was a lot of improvements and fixes that needed to take place to make it a stellar POS System. Most of that has been done over the years, though it took way too long to get a lot of things fixed and running smoothly. It was often like owning a Beta Version at a Alpha price.

See above

Steven from The Wool Market & DIY School

Wonderful Software!

We are still very new, but our experience has been very positive! Again, your CS is off the charts wonderful, which is so very important when learning a new system. Everyone is kind and patient. We have had an amazing experience with Posim, and actually showed it off to an Alpaca/retail location here in Kansas, we loved it so much! We would definitely recommend Posim to anyone, and would be happy to do a written endorsement if you should ever need it, or be a phone contact.

Pros

This software, after some initial training, is very user friendly, and very complete. We went with the PRO package with an extra seat, and were very impressed from the outset. The Customer Service was wonderful, easy to understand, and very prompt. We love the system because it is very intuitive. We are thrilled, not only that we selected Posim, but are very happy with the number of reports that can be generated, and the ease of operation. We feel that time is money, and we save a lot of both by utilizing this software. We cannot say enough regarding how happy happy we are!

Cons

That is virtually an impossible question to answer! We have utilized many webinars for support, and have called the support line many times to get questions answered. Honestly, my wife (co-owner) and I have found literally nothing we dislike about this system.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

Not applicable, as Posim was our first and only consideration, we were that impressed!

Dean from jaZams

Multi-Site Limitations

Support is great and product is powerful but when it comes to multi-site the company does not seem committed to making a functional product.

Pros

The software is versatile and customizes easily for reports and data in a single location format. However, when in use for multiple sites the software does not provide adequate information in a usable format.

Cons

I am having to use TeamViewer in order to do work at multiple locations. This is not conducive to creating an efficient product management environment. In addition, reports for multiple locations are not functional on any real-time level. Cloud reporting is so slow you might as well have staff at various locations do counts of sales and inventory and fax them to our main office.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

The version of POSIM multisite that was available at the time was robust.

Hartland from Clubb Store Company

Review of POSIM for mid sized independent retail store.

It is very powerful software that helps us manage our large database of items (38,000 plus at any one time and as many as 80,000 over the course of a year). The software challenges us to be a better managed store. The tech support is the best we have experienced of any software and service we use. With small problems they can help us immediately and the Team Viewer app built in to the software has been quick and flawless. Larger problems have taken a day or two but have not created a problem with operations. In 2-1/2 years we have only experienced one problem that stopped operations and it was resolved within about 2 hours. To be fair, some mistakes in our internal training had created a improper method of entry at the registers. The tech support team worked together to quickly work with us to prevent a future problem.

Pros

POSIM is easy to install with off the shelf hardware and has modest requirements for processing power and storage. The options for timed promotions and offers are very flexible. Generally, the software is the best option we found because of it's price and available record keeping. We like the Macintosh platform and operating system it uses because ease of use and quick training are important in a retail environment.

Cons

Can be slow to respond at registers if the network is not fully optimized. Keeping data up to date is imperative and importing data, while not a fault of the software, is something we are constantly struggling with to improve. A users group for tips and tricks would be helpful as well as collaboration on data and workflows.

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

We are glad you are finding POSIM software a great solution for your business. If you continue to have network issues, I recommend reaching out to our support team as they might be able to assist you in making data migration more friendly. Thanks for your feedback and your business!

Shana from Faith and Farm Designs, LLC

Posim Software Works Great for Retailers

The only part of Posim that I have not been happy with is the customer service! Once we were open and using the software we had a few learning glitches here and there. When I called customer service for help they were busy every time, so I have to wait for a callback. Some callbacks took an hour or more. When you are with customers and trying to sell products that is unacceptable!!!!!!! If I would tell someone about this software, I would also explain that!!! Posim must need more people in customer service!!!! Hire more people!!!!!

Pros

I loved working with the people that actually helped set up the software and trained us in the use of the software before opening our retail business. This group of tech people was great and very helpful! We learned it pretty quickly and I feel like it the software encompasses a lot! We can do our retail side of things but also take care of things for taxes and so on the other side of retail as well. There is a lot this software can do.

Cons

I still have some trouble figuring out how to print reports I want. For example, I have a lot of books in the system. For restocking, I would like to print out a list of the books in the store so that I can see what has sold to restock. I seem to have trouble getting to the same point every time. It also prints so much with it I don't want. This is probably more me than the software. I just need more training in this area.

Connie from Cooperstown Bat Company

Industry: Sporting Goods

POSIM Review

The thing that negatively impacts us the most is the preferred vendor credit card processing. We feel we are held hostage and are not receiving the most competitive processing fees. There are additional fees for using a non preferred vendor which makes it cost prohibitive. I feel this is ethically wrong.

Pros

POSIM has the most important functionality that we need which is allowing for a database for multiple sales tax percentages based on location.

Cons

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

While we are glad you are finding our software solution useful, we do want to address your concerns around credit card processing. We do have a preferred vendor that is owned by our parent company. When you use our processing solution, we waive the gateway fees and provide end-to-end support using an experienced client solutions team. We will reach out to you to review your account and discuss some ways to lower your network fees. Thank you for your comments; we want all our clients to feel comfortable with their purchases and fully understand the rates and fees that may be associated.

Lynn from Bare Necessities, LTD

First POSIM PC User

POSIM keeps getting easier to use with each update. The POSIM staff is fantastic. They are on the ball & get back to us with answers.

Pros

Our store was the first PC POSIM user. The software is pretty much user friendly. When we first started using this system 20+ years ago I felt like this was much harder & more complicated to use. With each update POSIM is very easy to use & offers many more features. They are always coming up with better & easier ways to help us. The POSIM staff also helps explain how to do things if you have a problem & a yearly contract. The yearly contract has been a lift saver for us, especially on weekends when no one is in the office. There is always someone on call that gets back to us within 30 minutes.

Cons

When we first started with POSIM, getting our complete inventory in was a nightmare. Our salesperson didn't realize how much inventory & how many skews we had. Now there is a much easier way.

Katie from Six Sisters Boutique

Tons of Features

I've used POSIM for over 8 years now. It's easy to train on, easy to teach on.

Pros

Cons

POSIM isn't cheap to buy, and then to have any additional features, it's extremely costly. When only using a fraction of what it can do, it makes it that much harder as a small business to pay for things you need it to do, but that don't come with the package. The add-ons are a bit much considering what we already pay for POSIM, like integrated emails for example.

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

It's great to hear that POSIM keeps the reports and data you need right at your fingertips. Regarding pricing, we fall pretty much in the middle of the road when it comes to POS systems. While there are additional costs for some features that require integration, we will continue to strive for good value for all of our clients, no matter what features they need or what size company they are. Thank you for the review and for your business!

June from Ye Olde General Store

Great support, good program and sensible updates

We purchased the business 10 years ago, with this program up and running. It has been relatively easy to train new hires and the preset reports are very handy.

Pros

Support is top notch and the program is adaptable to a variety of business setups. We are a hardware/general merchandise store that has used POSIM for over 20 years. This keeps track of our variety of inventory, regardless of the manner in which we sell it, ie. per foot, per each, or even a bundle of items. We rely upon the AR portion as we offer in-house accounts, so the reports are very important to us.

Cons

Glitches! But, who doesn't? :) Until a program is heavily used, the bugs and glitches don't appear, until the most inconvenient time. Here's where the support staff really comes into play. It would be nice if you could "park in the background" the portions of the program that aren't in daily use.

Ann from Threads of Tradition

Industry: Textiles

Functional and Easy to Customize!

Pros

I appreciate the functionality and that it has so many options that you can customize for your individual needs. Our customers truly appreciate the rewards program that this software offers for us to keep track of each customers spending.

Cons

Although it may take a while for a tech to contact you back when you call, they are very knowledgeable and always helpful when you have any problems or issues arise.

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We love that you are using our reports to track customer spending and tying that back into your loyalty programs. Well done! As far as call-back times, we strive to return calls as quickly as possible and we do prioritize emergency issues that are impacting business flow. In addition, it is good to know you are getting knowledgable and helpful support. We will do a bit of analysis on our call-back times and see what we can do to keep response times to a minimum. Thank you for your business!

Amy from Material Girls

Do It from Day 1

Pros

I have been with POSIM for over 15 years. I didn't open my business with a POS system but wish I had. Everyone worked to get it up, organized, and running for us quickly. The training was fantastic and still today if I have a question, it is answered or addressed quickly. I feel that POSIM has an easy to use interface. My staff is comprised of a majority of "non-computer" users and they are able to confidently process a transaction.

Cons

There are some components that I don't use every day, like layaways, that I don't feel are as user-friendly and feel that the manual lacks in some areas of explanation.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

I honestly chose POSIM because of the overall looks, feel and flow. Even today, if I was purchasing a POS system, I would still purchase POSIM.

Georgia from Deer Valley Resort

Great software for POS needs

All of the staff at posim we deal with are very professional and courteous. They are very sensitive to issues that affect store operations when we are open.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easily trained to our staff working at retail storefronts as well as behind the scenes with receiving merchandise. There is a great interface for ecommerce that has worked well for our small online storefront.

Cons

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review - we truly appreciate it! We would like to get a bit more detail about your store transfers. This should be a seamless transaction. We will make sure to have someone from support reach out to you. Thanks for the feedback!

Susan from Starstruck Cat Yarn Studio

POSIM EVO review

I like having a POS system in lieu of figuring things out manually; however, what I do not like is having to wait to be called back when I have a question or problem. I also don't like having all of the POSIM seminars starting at 11am EST. This means I have to hire an employee to cover my shift during your training if I want to listen to it real time. I was also told when I purchased the system that you would work with me and schedule training etc during non working hours but that never happened.

Pros

The ease of printing labels in the system and tracking customers. My favorite report is the tax report. So much easier to do than manual calculations!

Cons

A lot of the features are not intuitive and require several steps. Reports are not easy to do such as a birthday list of clients.

Diana from Whisk Carolina

Best of the POS I have used

Pros

This sofeware is the best of the POS software I have used in the past. It works well for the type of product we sell and in the single location we have. It allows me to track inventory pretty well and generate reports in different configurations. It is pretty simple to teach to sales people.

Cons

We have our POS set up on Ethernet and on WiFi. If our internet goes down, so does POSIM. Frequently when this happens IP addresses change and it is an ordeal getting everything right again, including connecting to the chip readers. Tech support is good about helping restore things, even after hours but I pay extra for this and wish I did not have to use it so much.

Mary from New Horizons Trading Company

Probably the best POS I've used

Overall, I would say this is a really good software and it does 95% of what I want, which is way better than any previous point-of-sale systems I've used.

Pros

It is very intuitive. Copying items is easy and saves quite a bit of time when entering a number of new things. Importing is probably a tool I could use more, but the times I have used it worked as expected.

Cons

The pre-built reports have gotten better in the time I have been using this POS, but sometimes it is difficult to find exactly the information I am looking for. The define-a-report and dynamic management reports can usually provide everything, once you get used to building them...there was a learning curve for me on that.

Paul from Viking Treasures Scandinavian Gifts

POSIM Software does what it says it will do.

After 12 years of use, I haven't found anything better. Their help desk has always been responsive and timely. I happily recommend it to others.

Pros

POSIM is available to run on Apple Macs, so viruses are no problem. It's never failed us, and we're open year round. We have over 11,000 item cards, with at least 5,000 active in our store at all times. The inventory tracking is a huge plus for end of year reconciliation, and day to day checks for product availability. The Point-of-Sale plus reporting lets us know what products are selling the best, and the worst.

Cons

After 10 years on the same iMac, finally had to upgrade the hardware. Should be good for another 10 years.

Carla from Quilt Store

Posim is awesome

Posim is our third POS and I feel it is the most accurate of all of them. Yes we have gilches and user era's but overall our inventory is accurate. I feel we have had good support except in the report area. I do appreciate the fact that Posim is listen to our needs and issues and working with us. Customer service has been amazing!

Pros

We can't say enough good about the availability of support. We appreciate the fact that we are able to get problems resolved quickly. The software is for the most part very user friendly.

Cons

We have not been able to use the report portion of the software. We find it very confusing. we we're not trained in that area.

Great POS software

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and train new employees on, yet complex enough to handle a wide variety of business processes and transactions.

Cons

I really wish there was a payment selection method for EBT/Foodstamp transactions. Something that would automatically separate out the food from the general merchandise in a transaction. Then you could run that, and have the general merchandise remain to be paid by other means.

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy that you enjoy working with POSIM. We are familiar with EBT/Foodstamp transactions and will look into the viability of adding this capability to our software. Thank you for your business!

Jim from AEC Online Store

Jim Mitnick - AEC Online Store

Pros

Allows us to easily push products into Magento

Cons

We have been talking with POSIM for over a year to update your software so the fields that import into Magento are correct. We have provided feedback and heard nothing back. This is a big negative and should be fixed.

Response from Retail Success

Replied April 2019

We appreciate your feedback and want to ensure any integration we support is optimized to offer a seamless connection between POSIM and any third party. We have been working with Magento for decades and know all too well the complexities this integration presents. We are going to have someone reach out to you to resolve your field mapping issue. Thanks for the review and taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Stephanie from 63 County Store

POSIM

it has been very good

Pros

We like the searchability and the ability to track inventory

Cons

that I cant pull up a circle graph or a graph type of report, I am a visual person and I think I would really like that kind of a report

Jason from Ice Vault Arena

Industry: Sporting Goods

User-friendly, helpful staff and kept up to date

Pros

We have updated to their latest version from POSIM Premier and we have been very pleased with how easy it is to use. The few times we have had any issues using the software or trying to learn to use its newer features, their support staff has been quick to respond and assist us in a quick lesson or correcting the issue.

Cons

We have experienced very minor issues where typing in credit card numbers resulted in a failed transaction but generally the software has been bulletproof and support was able to resolve the issue quickly.

Shelley from Self Employed

Robust and features leave competitors in the dust.

Have used many versions of this software for 25 years. We have done extensive research on competitors and they all have parts and features missing.

Pros

Full integration of all data that can be accessed for reports. Ability to connect locations via the cloud. Encompasses everything from purchasing to sale and integrates all functions to a single database.

Cons

There are always enhancements we are requesting. Enhancements not taken seriously by dev team. It is pricey.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

It has the most features and the best data integration.

Jeff from Architecture & Planning

POSIM for Mac

We started from the ground up and the POSIM solution was what made sense at the time. Switching after 15 years seems too daunting to even consider. It has suited our needs and we've made concessions to process and workflow to accommodate the software.

Pros

We selected this because at the time it was the only option available on Apple products for a retail POS system. Additional factors included cost, security, and available training for onboarding with POSIM (I do not know if that is the case anymore because the original company was sold a few years ago).

Cons

Illogical work flow (at least from our perspective) and the tech support staff unwillingness to consider that users in the field "in context" may have some insight for how the product could be improved. Difficulty with upgrades. Cost of upgrades. Upgrades that occasionally make prior versions unusable and not supported. Upgrade process in general and support contract requirement.

Tina from Green's Sewing & Vacuum

POSIM Reveiw

We went from a no point of sale system to POSIM and it has done wonders for our business. It has actually cut back our spending and the accounting part has cut back my expenses with my books.

Pros

Cons

The most frustrating thing for us has not really been POSIM's fault, when microsoft does an update we will have issues with the printers but that is not POSIM's fault. However they are always there to help when you need them.

Reasons for Choosing POSIM

POSIM was introduced in our industry, Like Sew being the competition, other dealers were having issues with Like Sew which was a less expensive program and proved to be just that, less expensive. You get what you pay for.

Connie from Broad Street Wines

POSIM Review

Overall, the experience is very positive. I would choose POSIM again. The customer service is excellent, and the program works well for my business. I haven't utilized all of the functions - need to do that!

Pros

Cons

While it's been a while ago, I didn't realize that an upgrade to a different program (Java) was not compatible with POSIM. I quickly learned after I lost all of my customer data and inventory records. I'm now backing up daily to avoid another mishap....

MARY from Ye Olde Cross Stitchery

Gave Up

It took two month to set up before we went live in September, and stopped using the end of October when we noticed prices becoming erratic causing over charges to customers when we never changed the prices once the items were entered. I had an inventory packaged for 30 years and wanted to update, I did go back to what I had after spending over $5000. between the software, support, and a new computer as your software needed a newer operating system - I am a MAC user. I was going to purchase a new printer when I just scrapped the whole thing. I am going to update the software before my support expires, and hope to try again when our business gets slow. I hope a newer software version will serve our needs better than the one that we originally purchased. I also did not like having to remote access as our program could be taken home and reinstalled with ease and no issues. I did not like the server based program, but might need to change my views if I can get everything working properly. Your support was great, but I did not have to time to spend an hour every time something was wrong and your support staff had to remote to fix the issue. The laser labels printer labels made the writing so small it was hard for customers to read even after we adjusted many times. I think these are a few areas that you might want to look at - an item sold report using smaller type so it would not print so many pages, a better label set up, and possibly an easier way to enter inventory

Pros

I had liked how there was pick list which made it easier to pull orders

Cons

It was difficult to price price labels on a laser printer, Items sold reports were exceptionally long giving 3 items per page which was a waste of paper, took forever to enter sales, always had to post a purchase order prior to receiving a product which took long,

Jennifer from Janson's Clothing Store

Easy and fast

I have used POSIM since 2009. I find it useful in managing inventory. Using the sales screen is so easy, I have never had an employee complain about our POS.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Easy to train new employees on how to use it. Reports are useful, love the item history option on the inventory cards!

Cons

Define A Report can be frustrating. I don't like that it limits searches at 100 skus when looking up items.

POSIM POS

Generally, when we have a problem that we are trying to solve, POSIM tech support comes up with a solution. For example, a customized report.

Pros

POSIM accurately tracks our inventory and payroll in the store. In addition, it has a number of useful reports for analyzing the business.

Cons

Sometimes, POSIM is behind the big POS solutions in developing applications that can help drive the business.

Posim EVO

Overall, we consider it the best in its price class and won't be changing. We've been using Posim for 20+ years.

Pros

It has plenty of issues, and it's nearly impossible to get a feature request implemented, however, for a retail entity with a large inventory, it the best in its price class.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy and overall not easy to train new employees.

Chris from Castn'Away LLC

Uploading with East

With have had little to no problems with the software generally it is operator error on our part and once it is explained it is very easy.

Pros

It is very easy to upload you PO's with an excel spreadsheet. Very fast and efficient.

Becky from Keeepsake Fabric and Quilts

Very user friendly and useful. Save a lot of time.

It has saved time as far as inventory, adding and keeping track. And the bar code that is scanned.

Pros

I like that it you can take your inventory and make them into other groups for selling and the computer tracks your inventory. Example making kits.

Cons

You don't get a batch report. It needs to have a report that shows what you sold every day and how many are left on hand. And a monthly till report as well as yearly till report.

Susan from Alta Bates Summit Medical Center

Posim Review

I have taken advantage of the different trainings offered by POSIM and appreciate these refresher courses.

Pros

POSIM support is wonderful. Although we seldom has issues, we know we can always depends on the Posim support team to quickly identify the issue and resolve the problem. Also, POSIM is very easy to learn. We have a high turnover of volunteers in our shop and are continually needing to train new volunteers.

Cons

I honestly can not think of anything that I don't like about the software.

Tod from Robi's Print Design , Custom Framing & Camera Center

Good reporting

Pros

Configurable reports. Boolean search. Nice customer list management.

Cons

Laborious updating prices Confusing inventory count input.

Megan from Village Boutique

Posim POS

Pros

How detailed you can be with the products that you have

Cons

The set up takes awhile but the staff is great to help you

Chris from The Quilter's ook

POSIM is great software

This is my first POS system and I like that I can control my inventory. I now have a better handle on where I am financially, and what I need to work on.

Pros

I like that I can control my inventory and print reports that are important to me.

Cons

I wish there was a more detailed owners manual.

Roger from The Christmas Haus

Lots of good, some very bad

I like it for the most part. Billing department is problematic. They ask for a credit card application which has a space on it to allow for the card to be used continuously. Then the billing department continues to send bills and you call them and they want a new form. That form also asks if you want your card kept on file. Very bad system for billing.

Pros

The inventory control system is excellent. Speaking with staff is almost always very helpful.

Cons

The multi store Cloud reporting system is a mess. It's not intuitive. It is not based on an terminology used in POSIM itself. It makes searching for information very difficult if not impossible. One Star.

Shane from The Reddoor

POSIM For Retail

Not worth the money invested into the system have had problems over and over especially with website linker issues as well as corrupt data with product descriptions changing on their own

Pros

I like the automatic reorder functions and the front end sales use of the system

Cons

It is an extremely expensive system that would be great for a warehouse or distribution center that doubles with retail but its too much for just a typical retail environment

Debbie from The Wilderness Center

Industry: Museums and Institutions

It's ok.

Pros

Once you get used to it, it is easy to use and easy to navigate. Somewhat user friendly for those familiar with POS systems.

Cons

Takes some time to be understand where to find information. A challenge to train individuals who are not POS savvy.

Lesley from Doubledutch Boutique

Better for other industries besides retail

Pros

The integration between store and online, and the reports

Cons

Not as user friendly as I hoped and issues with barcodes for jewelry labels

Maureen from For the Love of Pete!

POSIM Review

Pros

fairly easy to train new staff on basics

Cons

quirky things happen, unexpected errors for no reason

Sabria from Bj’s Brewhouse

Industry: Restaurants

Posi review

It’s an amazing tool to aid with at restaurants. It gives you time to connect with your guests more and better.

Pros

I’m a very new user to it. I like how it gives the ease of putting your guests food right there at the table. They can also pay at the table with a card as well. I’m not fighting over a computer to ring food in.

Cons

I’m fairly new to it so I’m still working out how to use it. Nothing really bad I have to say about it.