• Pros

• "I cannot say anything nice about this product. There are many things we don't like about this product. "

• "The feature I like most about this software is that I can favorite reports and functions to my home page for easy navigation every day. I also like that I can customize my reporting."

• "It is very customizable with a lot of good features."

• Cons

• "I haven't found anything that I dislike about this company or their product."

• "Touchscreen interface is good but could use some enhancements. Dashboard features could be enhanced for administrators."

• "Inventory searching. Interface of lists are walls of text. It becomes rather tiresome sorting through customized search queries."

Browse NCR Counterpoint Reviews

Tim from Computer SOS, Inc.

Lars from Central Computer

A Review On NCR Counterpoint

We have been using NCR Counterpoint at our computer retail store for years now, and despite some of the flaws, it has been an invaluable tool for our daily operations. It's not too complicated to learn how to use this, if you devote some time to learn the different features & procedures necessary for functionality. It is mostly reliable and stable, barring a few instances where it can seem unstable or glitchy. Didn't have a chance to use customer service, so I can't really comment on that. Our internal IT takes care of all the issues, and they seem to be able to be resolved fine, so I can only give 3 stars.

Pros

NCR Counterpoint is able to keep track of past retail sales tickets and invoices, as well as allowing to reprint past receipts/invoices through various search filters. NCR Counterpoint also allows us do a quick refund after return on the customer's same card swiped, as long as it is on the same day. NCR Counterpoint has a way to quickly view the available inventory stock for a particular item across all of our registered store locations.

Cons

Sometimes NCR Counterpoint will crash when minimized or hidden, and you would immediately lose the ticket that you are working on, making it unable to be recovered at all. NCR Counterpoint also closes the Ticket Query/Entry window automatically after making and order or quote, it would be better if it stayed open so you can quickly jump to the next ticket without having to retype your password all the time.

Jaime from WCM

Counterpoint Review

I enjoy using counterpoint. It makes it very easy for me to post sales, run reporting, and keep track of our daily sales.

Pros

Cons

If I want to save a report to my drive, there are a lot of steps in order to do on certain reporting. It runs very slow when saving them as a PDF.

Gerald from Starlite Group Ltd

Strong on retail weak on purchasing and other areas.

As a software they have some work to do.

Pros

I have been using CP for years now. Not a bad software but NCR will not address the issue in purchasing for restocking a non selling location such as a warehouse, you will have to do that manually, very poor. It is also weak on automation and managing bins on locations. To develop these area you will have to pay to customize an already expensive software. Reporting is also not the best since this software is quite old now and it seems that NCR has stopped doing much developments.

Cons

Purchasing for non selling locations and bin location management. Also reporting.

Daniel from Burger Flipp LLC

Industry: Restaurants

My main Point of Sale system.

It has really helped to be able to keep track of previous customers and what they have purchased. It helps me auto fill orders or if I am not dealing with my usual contacts I can pull up their account to decrease confusion.

Pros

I use this product daily for my Point of Sale system. It allows me to keep track of customer purchases as well as inputting invoices for billables. I enjoy how easy it to pick up and learn and it is very customizable.

Cons

As far a basic uses it is very easy but getting into more complicated reports can be a task. They do provide support in the form of manuals and customer support but I would prefer maybe an in house tutorial to help you understand the more complicated tasks.

Michael from Habitat for Humanity

Server based and super customizable.

One of the most complete Pos systems I've ever used. It is a true Point of sale, not cloud based. everything can be housed internally

Pros

When We used counterpoint it was an amazing program, you could build and customize every aspect of the experience. any report could be built and implemented relatively quickly. items were easy to create, you could time in/out all of your logistical data was there as well. customer service was great as well, very fast and friendly service. software was included as well, it was truely an all in one service.

Cons

This can be a very expensive system to use and is server based. If your server is not well maintained then you will have issues, if you don't have the capital to invest in the hardware then this is not for you either.

Kevin from Vapeco

Small Retail Operations

Our experience with NCR was great! Opening our first retail B&M was quite the challenge and NCR was able to help us with multiple tasks on one convenient platform. NCR featured all of the essentials. Time clock, multiple employee log-in, built-in CRM program, inventory management (I'll cover this more), and several other retail functionalities. We did not use many of the restaurant features as they were irrelevant to our operations. From memory, NCR Support was helpful and friendly, although the MAJOR issues we had took so long to fix, that we chose a different POS company in the long run.

Pros

Convenient UX, Desktop Retail Management, CRM, Time Clock with Reports, Inventory Management with 6 Week Moving Average and Several Reports, Quickbooks Online Integration

Cons

Overall untrustworthy Inventory Management! We had SEVERAL issues with NCR not recording a decrease in inventory after the sale. At the time, there was not a Purchase Order / Receiving framework. No transfers between multiple locations.

Maria from EG Workforce Solutions

Great product that handles multiple functions

Pros

NCR has multiple functionalities, from POS, scanning, touch screen, cash capabilities, time punches.

Cons

When one function is down it causes the dominos effect and affects the other functions as well. Customer service is no help you'll find your self with three phone calls three different reference numbers and the issue still not fixed

July 2016

Donna from Visions of Eden, LLC

July 2016

Product is fair ... but they will nickle and dime you to death ...

Pros

What I like best about Counterpoint is that it is a functional way to ring up sales and manage inventory.

Cons

Where do I begin? Well, when I first got this program in 2010, I paid an extraordinary amount for 40 hours of one-on-one phone/online training. When we hit 35 hours, I still did not know how to ring up a single sale! They were training me in the "details" of what Counterpoint could be programmed to do. I finally said, "Stop! I don't need to know any of this. Teach me how to enter inventory, create receivers and purchase orders, and how to ring up sales with discounts, etc." And, guess what, the guy teaching me know how to do any of that! It was so ridiculous. So I switched (they don't let you do this easily) from the company I purchased Counterpoint from to Rapid POS as my training company, and they were better. They, at least, knew how to operate the software!

Britt

Glen from Martha Clara Vineyards

Industry: Wine and Spirits

POS Highway and NCR Counterpoint - Best System for Wineries, Liquor Stores, Wine Tasting, &Wine Club

Revenue and inventories are adjusted when the wine is shipped or picked up, simplifying the whole process. Importing customer data from a loyalty program is simple, any database that can batch out a CSV or XLS file can be imported into Counterpoint without any hassle or programming Cashiers can update a customer's card on file in under 10 seconds Counterpoint Mobile for off-site events and markets is easy and effective. The staff at the event has full access to the items, customers, and pricing at the event. Sales are tendered to a drawer that can be reconciled from the main site at the end of the day. Automatic discounting has reduced our transaction time at the registers by 15 percent. We are able to set levels of discounts on the back-end so that our cashiers rarely ever have to override a price. We are able to manage inventories at three different locations easily and eliminate our old inventory management software. Now we can run a month to month inventory all from the POS and fill out our tax forms in a quarter of the time. Halved the time it took to write up and invoice an order We can run a customer report of people that purchased 12 or more bottles of a specific wine in the last year and then email those customers specifically about a new release.

Pros

A year ago, our company switched from Microsoft Dynamics to NCR Counterpoint with the help of the staff at POS Highway. Admittedly, we were nervous. We found the transition process to be smoother than we ever could have expected, and that is in part thanks to the intuitiveness of Counterpoint, but mainly due to the excellent preparation, training, and support from the staff at POS Highway We are now in love with the features of Counterpoint, and are always planning what to do next with all the features that are available. As a vineyard, winery, and tasting room, we were looking for a POS that could handle e-commerce, have little to no learning curve for our staff, and open up doors of possibilities that were not possible with our last POS. Counterpoint delivered in spades. Importing customer data from a loyalty program is simple as well. Basically, any database that can batch out a CSV or XLS file can be imported into Counterpoint without any hassle. Revenue and inventories are adjusted when the wine is shipped or picked up, simplifying the whole process. The back-end nuts and bolts are simple and intuitive, and on the front end of things, cashiers have no problem releasing a paid order for pickup or shipping. All in all, POS Highway has helped us grow our business by helping us take advantage of all that Counterpoint has to offer.

Cons

In all honesty, we found very few things to dislike about the software. I would suggest some UI tweaks or touch up because it does look obsolete, but that isn't a reason to judge the functionality and capabilities of the system. It simply WORKS, and works well.

March 2016

Deanna from Christmas is...Everyday

March 2016

It has been a road

Pros

I purchased Counterpoint software in 2000. In 2006 I upgraded to SQL Counterpoint. I have a small Christmas store so keeping up with inventory is very important to me. I think it was in 2006 I open my web page with counterpoint called CPOline because the website and pos were interfaced so if I was out of stock in the store, I was out of stock on the web site. In August 2015 I started looking into the new website with counterpoint called NRO because it is mobile friendly were CPOline is not. Along with that I was looking at the new CC machine because of the chip cards. It was very costly to change CC machines with Counterpoint. So I started shopping around for a different POS system. I downloaded a demo, I was shown other demos online and you know what happened? I discovered that I had the best POS on the market. I already knew how to use it (didn't have to relearn a new POS system) and they are very expensive (mine was already paid for) I looked until February 2016. That is when the light went off and I started working on getting my new website up and going. And I went to Heartland Credit Card Company and have a machine out side of my POS so I can take the new chip credit cards. But I am using Secure Pay through Counterpoint for my website.

Cons

The thing that I like least about this is...it is hard for me to do updates myself. I like to be able to do all the things I need to do and this software is not real friendly that way. It is a big software and does lots of good things. Has tons of reports. I just found a new one the other days after working on it for 15 years. The other thing is you need to have a good partner that knows this software. I have had two real bad ones but I think I have finally found a good set of partners.

June 2011

John from The Pet Shop, Inc.

June 2011

We are a retail pet supply store on the island of Maui (Hawaii), in business for 38 years. As our business grew and our database included 10,000 SKUs, the program we had been using became increasingly slow and problematic, actually causing many errors that tech support could not figure out. Our supplier (and tech support) were based in San Diego, a three hour time difference, another problem in itself. It became obvious that we need to research other companies and other POS systems. We decided that the time had arrived to shop within our own state, and were fortunate to meet with Francis of Computant in Honolulu - different island, but same time zone- important for "across the sea" support. Our first impression of the Counterpoint POS system was "VERY EXPENSIVE"! However, after spending time with Francis and his team and watching them demonstrate the features, we could see the incredible speed and flexibility, which were money-saving features to offset the initial cost. We were sold! Francis, being the congenial, persuasive gentleman that he is, soon had us upgraded to all new equipment, including the Radiant Touchscreen registers. His installation team of three highly competent individuals flew to Maui on the day we went "live" for the installation and training. It turned out to be one of our busiest days of the year, which made it very hectic, and somewhat stressful, but his team was truly fantastic! We were up and running smoothly on day 1. Our sales contract included a number of hours of tech support included, and we were taken care of immediately with any and every bump in the road. They continue to have superior customer support, at any time of the day. Having been in business for 38 years, the complexities of inventory control only seem to increase, particularly when we are across the ocean from our suppliers (7- 20 days lead times). Customer buying trends change faster than ever as new products enter the market continuously, and customer relations became ever more important to cultivate. Counterpoint makes these much more manageable. Purchase orders and receiving are simplified. Our sales staff love the ease of touchscreen cash registers (originally intimidating). The program seemed very complex, originally. After the initial learning curve one begins to better understand the "flow", and today I am amazed at the fact that we continuously find new ways to use the software to our advantage. We are able to modify the touchscreen buttons from the back office at any time, adding or deleting buttons as needed. If time and information are money, this program is the way to go!

Sonia from Vallejo Celulares, llc

It's a good POS System to start your business

My overall experience is OK, not good but not too bad. The POS in general is good, and if they can improve their costumer service I would definitely recommend them and would probably still had it on the store.

Pros

When we started the business, we use this POS system. You could easy add inventory, make reports, export or import files. We had also the credit and debit card merchant services and you can even add the EBT if you sell or have that government program approved. You can add users to the pos and restrict permissions to avoid others modify settings. I really liked it because of all of it's features.

Cons

The software started to run slower, we called several times to the technician and seller who install software and customer service when we had no answer from the technician. Unfortunately, it got to a point in which we couldn't even charge and sell due to the lack of updates and other things that needed to be fixed, so we had to change POS System.

January 2015

Rebecca from Chattanooga Goodwill Industries

January 2015

CounterPoint is one of the most functional POS software on the market

Pros

CounterPoint and RCS, to me, are like the cream and sugar in my coffee (and I've gotta have my coffee fix every day). I can't imagine CounterPoint without RCS! What is coffee without sugar? RCS is there for you every time you need them or just have a question! I'm a systems administrator who has been effectively using CounterPoint SQL for more than 2 years now. CounterPoint is one lean, mean calculating machine; it has made a day and night difference in our daily business routines. With CounterPoint, we are so much more efficient and effective, 100% of the time. RCS supports this product so well that they came out to our first Go Live store deployment to make sure we were ready and set to go. At the Go Live, we hit the ground running and haven't looked back. Counterpoint SQL with RCS leading the way has made all things possible, including making our working lives so much better! The reporting has saved store managers valuable time and freed them up to allow them do more in keeping the daily operations under control. Accounting knows what is going on at any given moment, and Retail management has seen such an overall improvement in the way our business runs and functions. They just keep expanding and using CounterPoint for more and more.

Cons

There isn't anything to not like about either RCS or CounterPoint.

Yessenia from La Casa de la Tortilla

Good POS system for restaurant business

The overall is excellent, I really have nothing to complain about the program, it is definitely excellent.

Pros

We use NCR counterpoint for the past few years, the features of the program are good, you could add products, inventory, vendors and add invoices that came in with products. It gave us good control over our inventory. It was easy to understand for all, specially the cashiers.

Cons

The customer service wasn't good, at least the tech on our city who install us the POS on our store was not. We paid for support and we didn't receive any call back when ever we had a problem, and the waiting was long during that time. It was the reason management decided to change it, if this had not happened we probably would still have ncr counterpoint on our store.

Lars from Central Computers

NCR Counterpoint: An Invaluable Tool...A Work In Progress

Pros

The NCR Counterpoint is simple enough to understand and use on a daily basis at the workplace. It takes only a day to learn all the basics of functionality (from a general retail store perspective) and about a week to develop familiarity with the software. The interface is clean and easy to see & navigate. It is also simplistic in design and doesn't add too many unnecessary bells & whistles. It works most of the time and works great for my needs and the needs of the company. It seems at least manageable to service when encountering technical difficulties.

Cons

Sometimes can be a computer/memory resource hog. Would experience slow-downs, lag, stuttering, crashing and glitches...sometimes due to the company's network, but other times it seems the fault of the software. Still some recurring bugs to figure out. Still does not have a fail-safe feature to protect counterpoint tickets from being lost forever during a software crash.

August 2011

Greg from Lighthouse Marine Distributors

August 2011

We operate a marine wholesale distributorship, along with a retail operation. Our three sources of revenue are store traffic, phone orders and Internet orders. Our previous software system, while specific to the marine industry and bundled with features we sorely miss, was unable to integrate e-commerce, point of sale, and shipping functionality. The time we spent dealing with each order on three different levels was time-consuming, and also allowed for the introduction of errors. We are currently running version 8.3.9 of CounterPoint, but will be upgrading to 8.4 as soon as the season slows this fall. The implementation experience was choppy, to say the least, due to a reseller that wasn't up to speed on the software. This hiccup notwithstanding, we were able grasp the basics and run with it. We have been using CounterPoint for just under two years now and the watershed moment was when we switched partners nine months into the project. Our reseller's knowledge of the system and ability to teach us its functionality have allowed us to move forward at a rapid pace. The program is easy to use, and a common logic follows through the system so even when playing with new features, the desired result is easy to achieve. Our current partner could stand to be slightly more responsive, especially to issues I consider to be very basic requirements in a system of this size and power. We are currently 95% integrated with UPS WorldShip. The only thing holding us back from 100% integration is CounterPoint's inability to receive tracking numbers back from WorldShip without cumbersome export and import of data, or utilizing a third-party program. We are currently investigating CPOnline with the hope of having full vertical integration by January 1, 2012. So far, we have been able to streamline sales, shipping & purchasing with more good things to come!

October 2012

Beth from Sweet Brook Farm

October 2012

First, an explanation on ratings. I would have given it five stars for Ease of Use, except that I am a new user and am still learning my way around the system. That said, it is easy to figure out how to do certain tasks, but when I can't figure it out, their customer support is top notch. We are a small farm that produces approximately 1,300 gallons of maple syrup each year, and we raise alpacas for their fiber. Our farm store is stocked with maple syrup and maple goodies, plus an inventory of alpaca products, from yarn to apparel to accessories. I went with CounterPoint, v8.4 because it is affiliated with NCR, a major corporation that has been around a long time. The implementation team at Radiant Systems was excellent. I had the system installed on my laptop, and so far it is working great. As a new user, I am still learning how to do certain tasks, and the project team has continued to hold my hand until I have mastered all the basics. We're almost there.... It is too early to tell how I have benefited from the system, but I am looking forward to comparing my holiday retail season to last year, when I had little time to enjoy the holidays and limited resources to control my inventory. CounterPoint allows you to add on modules, such as integrated website management, gift card processing, scheduling and ticket sales, etc. RCS outsources these modules to other companies so they can focus directly on the point of sale functionality and improvements and assure that the modules work properly with CounterPoint. Lastly, RCS invited me to their users conference, which I highly recommend to any user of this POS program. The informational sessions covered all kinds of topics to better use CounterPoint, and it included sessions on retailing strategies that I found very helpful. RCS is truly a class act.

Claudette from Jamalco

Industry: Wholesale

NCR Counterpoint is a robust, reliable and user friendly software

Good software for retails businesses as well as workplace cafeterias.

Pros

1. Wide ranging functionality with reliability 2. Easy to upgrade 3. Error messages provide solutions 4. Easily queried database 5. In built Export and Import options

Cons

1. Forms customization not inbuilt 2. Database size limitation with SQL Server Express 3. There are extensive setup options so implementation of several modules may be tedious.

Andy from Goodwill Industries of the Inland Northwest

June 2015

Counterpoint is a Remarkable Product!

Pros

We have been using Counterpoint for 2 years now, our experience has been positive on all levels of our organization. Our accounting team, retail operations, and our Information Technology team have all had enormous successes with installation, training, reporting, etc. Bank card processing is secure, easy to implement and maintain. Cashiers catch on very quickly, customers love the ease of use.

Cons

Negatives are minimal, seems as if support sometimes is a bit slow in coming, some of the SQL database configurations pose a bit of a challenge, but overall satisfaction remains high.

Michael from DataTech Corporation

a very scalable and configurable solution.

Pros

Report filters are all customizable and written using the industry standard "crystal reports" report writer so any report can be changed. All forms are customizable as well.

Cons

Can't take manufacture's coupons in a grocery environment. Gateway fees for merchant card processing can be pricey for businesses that are high volume like grocery stores.

Dan from ISM

A good product that just got better. Counterpoint now has a "Windows 10 like" UI.

Client satisfaction.

Pros

Complete features, very customizable, current retail concepts, multisite, omni-channel. Excellent local support and training. Add-on applications for email marketing, card settlement, mobile POS, smart site monitoring.

Cons

Kevin from Lotel Industries Inc.

Counter Point POS for the Small Business

This product has many functions but has limited functionality of the functions. NCR could have done a much better job researching the market and finding out what functionality should have been included. Features that have either limited ability or the ability was grossly under developed causes issues. The application runs slow, the back office operations are extremely limited, the receiving process is underdeveloped and quiet frankly the entire application is remedial. This product CAN become a top notch application if the features were added to the base system. For example QBE (query by example) has been common place in application for the last 16 years and is non-existent in this application. The base reports that come with the system does not even have a simple re-order report that would merely query the min and max and current balance. I have been in the IT industry as a developer for 27 years and have seen the best to worst applications. This one sits right in the middle!

Pros

Has a good interface , easy to change the screen design of the touchscreen buttons. Has minimal maintenance to keep it running. Allows integration from an interface. Close out process is simple. Easy to setup . And the number one Pro is that it integrates seamlessly to NCR Retail Online application which I am building right now. And that product is a very competent solution. All orders process back down into the Counterpoint POS!

Cons

Security application module control is lacking functionality, Integration interface has limited functionality for populating and correcting sub tables, querying is limited for end user setup, multi-pricing on a grid level does not come with the base system!!!!! REALLY, what do you think a clothing store needs are? Rules base sales transactions application is so full of holes it would sink if it were a boat! The contract management and vendor management is almost non-existent.

September 2011

Sean from Hi-Time Wine Cellars

September 2011

My Company recently made the switch to CounterPoint Enterprise SQL 8.4 and would like to share my experience with Radiant Systems. We have been in business for over 50 years and have had several different POS systems and CounterPoint has been the best system by far. Implementing a new system is never easy but with the help of OneStep Retail Solutions this has been the easiest and the quickest implementation I have ever done. There are so many POS systems on the market finding the best fit for your business is a very difficult decision. Kevin McAdams and Jay Shore with OneStep Retail Solutions took the time to learn our business needs and recommended CounterPoint as the best solution. After using the system for over a month now I am glad I took their advice because this is a great system. The CounterPoint Gateway for processing credit cards is very fast. The touch screen terminals make ringing up customers quick and easy. The ability to customize searches and change the information displayed through the column designer makes looking up the information a breeze. The reporting is equally fast, flexible and easy to use for all of our staff members. Blythe Franks, our business analyst from OneStep Retail Solutions has played a key role in making this transition from our old system to CounterPoint. Her experience and knowledge of the product has made implementation and integration of the system quick and easy. With her insight we were able to customize CounterPoint to meet all of our business needs making our company more efficient than ever. Sean Kinney IT Manager Hi-Time Wine Cellars

‘Worth the investment considering the benefits’

This is a system that does its job and worth considering.

Pros

Ideally suited for specialty retail stores such as Shoes, Fashion, wine, Novelty stores, etc. The primary features, namely Retail Management Solution & POS Software, Mobile Point of Sale, Email Marketing, Hardware, Alerts, Inventory Management suitably blended in to a system that makes many activities roll out to satisfy the retail store customers with a streamlined and seamless service while helping the business owners to enjoy the returns of their investment without hassles through automation. While the email marketing feature helps to keep loyal customers updated about special offers etc thereby increase sales and the inventory management feature, Alerts etc., additionally assists to keep the business at full pace at any given time which contributes to increased revenue.NCR is a trusted name in business automation probably for a century.

Cons

I haven’t come across any major issues in my situation.

Not the easiest point of sale system

Pros

It is very customizable with a lot of good features.

Cons

Although Counterpoint has a lot of potential and power behind it, it is just not super easy to use. I have used other point of sale softwares and they are just more user friendly. A little simpler would be great.

Daniel from juhahm foods corp

POS system that is great and easy to use

Pros

For the most part, very reliable and built like a tank. Easy to customize once you learn the back office stuff

Cons

The price! This software with equipment costs as much as a car and if you need customer service get your wallet ready

Terri from Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council

January 2012

Our organization is a non-profit organization, but has a specialized shop. Our shop hours are not normal retail and our customers are sometimes very demanding. Our inventory ranges from thousands of patches to clothing, jewelry, etc. We have used CounterPoint since 2005. Our shop previously had a cash register and the old source of look and order on inventory. In 2005 the shop was handed over to new management, who researched and concluded to use CounterPoint. I have been at this shop for over two years and transferred from another shop that also used CounterPoint. We had version 7.5 until this past August and we upgraded to SQL. Version 7 was great to work with but SQL is so much more... We are able to resource more reports than before, with the ease of being able to have the help menu available. The training of staff was so easy and quick to pickup. My staff and myself have had such a great time adapting to the new software. It is so easy to track inventory, sales, customers, and again the use of many new and different reports that help us on a daily basis. Our favorite is the 2 or 3 steps at the End of Day, with the older version there were so many steps and this is 1,2,3 and complete. Our support team is highly professional and always answers our calls in a timely manner. We are also excited because we do not HAVE to call them as much now with the new SQL. I would highly recommend CounterPoint to anyone who asks.

September 2015

Kelly from Palo Cedro Feed, Inc.

September 2015

Great People, Great System!!

Pros

I love that the system is easy to use and to learn. The people that you work with are very helpful and quick to respond to any problems you might have. Most of our issues have not been "problems" they have been issues of not knowing how to do something. They immediately remote in and fix/show you how to work the system.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this company or their product.

Martin from Royal Jewlery

Perfect for Starting Entrepreneurs!

I had just started a facebook page for my online e-commerce store and wanted a site and a pos system to take orders! I did not want to pay for cheap software and have to open source code the rest for myself nor did I want to pay over the top price and have features that I did not know if I would be able to use just yet with money I know I do not have right now. I just needed to take payments online, keep in contact with customers, and look professional all at the same time!

Pros

Professionalism in customer service, which is better than cheap junk software and never having IT help you, may as well buy a cheap car to break down on the freeway the next day.

Cons

At first, I was concerned on the price, which did present a problem for my small new business however it quickly paid back for itself in value and investment!

May 2014

Kate from Kate's

May 2014

NCR Silver- a great POS system!

Pros

User-friendly! It consistently works for our day to day sales. The back office makes it easy to go in and change what we need, and it instantly updates on the POS system. It took a little getting used to as with any new product, but we are ultimately very happy with its performance. We sometimes take one iPad on the road, and it's great to have the system readily available in two locations!

Cons

We have had some problems with our credit card swipes provided by NCR. We bought new iPads, and the swipes were still set up for the old connection, not the new, smaller charging port. We then bought converters to make it work, and since then, NCR has come up with the proper hook up at $79/each and we need two. It just became a bit costly, but we understand the evolution of technology and that it is constantly changing.

Stephanie from Design2Brew

1.5

1.5

June 2015

Product is great - customer service is AWFUL.

Pros

The software has great functionality there are a lot of bells and whistles if only you had documentation to see how it works. With no documentation you are forced to return to the re-seller time and time again for every single question.

Cons

The documentation is terrible. The user forum is truncated to one year of comments and not monitored by NCR, so there is no answer to requestions. You must go through your reseller for everything and without documentation that means you will be calling them a lot. This is the NCR model to drive consulting to their resellers. For example, we installed version 8.5 on brand new hardware. It took 8 days to install the software on one brand new pc running windows 8.1 Pro. We watched our reseller install/uninstall/reinstall/uninstall again dot.net and other windows files on the pc. We watched them edit our hosts files time and time again. We paid for a hardware team to come in and look at our new hardware. Ultimately, we had to totally re-install windows on the machine to make it work after all of their playing. And then the ISC250 device which will make you pin and chip compliant for October. Six weeks after purchase it is still not installed. There is no documentation and we are again at the mercy of our reseller who are researching the problem.

Sandy from Bark N Purr Pet Center

June 2011

Bark N Purr is a pet supply business that focuses on cats and dogs. In the last 6 years, we have implement 4 different POS systems. Two of them were actually unusable due to flaws in the software. These systems also did not have all the capabilities we were looking for - specifically eCommerce and better ordering tools. We decided on CounterPoint v8.3.9 because of its eCommerce integration and ordering flexibility. The system was very user-friendly and took very little time to train my staff on basic Ticket Entry, inventory maintenance and receiving. In fact, I think most of the staff was a little bored during the training because the software is so intuitive. The ordering capabilities are outstanding. During this recession we have seen a shift in our business from one foot to another. Prior to CounterPoint, we established Min/Max quantities for each item. Ordering with Min/Max meant that these levels had to be constantly reset as our business changed. We now use a combination of Days of Supply and Min/Max which has greatly reduced the amount of time spent on orders. Our support has been excellent with most problems are resolved immediately. In fact, the only thing I do not like in CounterPoint is the report structure using multiple lines for each item. I find the reports difficult to read and waste paper.

Donal from Central Computers

July 2015

Counterpoint, it's a thing.

Pros

This is a great point of sales system, I enjoy it because it is very easy to use during check-out, and makes it really simple to find certain items via the items tab whether you know the item number, or a part of the description, or the name of the item it's all great fun.

Cons

Navigation of Counterpoint can be a little iffy sometimes when you're trying to do something specific that Counterpoint may not accommodate for certain functions. As well, trying to find an old ticket freezes up our computers on occasion since we've had so many sales the system freezes, but we have some old computers anyways.

Shelley from Romence Gardens Inc

January 2012

We are a retail garden center. We sell trees, shrubs, perennials, roses, birdseed feeders, grass seed, fertilizer, insecticide, fungicide, lawn and garden ornaments. We are open all year. It is a family owned and operated store in business for 109 years. We looked at software to run our inventory about 6 years ago. We settled on CounterPoint because of it ease of use and great function ability. Before CounterPoint we used a general cash register without UPC scanning capability. One of the main reasons we like it is for the great support we get from Randall Data Systems, the company that implemented the system. We have a huge inventory so the implementation took a few months. Karen, from Randall stuck tight with us throughout the whole implementation, and is available for every question we may have even now. She really knows her stuff! CounterPoint is very easy to use. I train new cashiers and they catch on quickly. Even the ones with no computer experience, although it does help if they have some. We are now able to see our inventory with the click of a button. We know when to reorder inventory and what we may have in back stock. We also now know the profit margin on everything we sell. We never knew this before. I truly recommend this software to everyone.

Review of NCR Counterpoint

My company uses Counterpoint for computer hardware and software retailing. We've been working with Counterpoint for many years now and I have to say it gets the job done and has met our needs.

Pros

It does what we need to do, it's easy to add different items into inventory and we have it linked to our website so that customers can see how much we have in stock too based off of our inventory count. It's very easy to work with.

Cons

It's slow at time and can glitch out at points, often we're able to fix these issues ourselves. I feel like there is a lot going on in Counterpoint, but then again our company doesn't use every single feature offered.

Mario from Central Computers

Competent POS software

Pros

Extensive tools and options for inventory tracking and management

Cons

The interface can be unintuitive and intimidating, especially to new users. It also seems to freeze a lot, but I don't know how much of that is the company's back end.

Heather from TPU

Average at best

It is a daily used software that I would love to see replaced by a newer more functional software.

Pros

It is pretty self explanatory software as far as learning to use it. Everything is labeled well.

Cons

It crashes A LOT. I suffer through a crash almost once a day. There is not a way to go back and “undo” most errors such as typos.

Liz from B&W Vape LTD., dba Vapeco

One of the Best!

We used NCR for a while and we're very happy with it! Unfortunately we had to discontinue it due to a new chip reader we had to get, due to fraudulent transactions. At the time, NCR didn't work with our merchant processor. At the time of service, customer service was great. Always someone available to help which is very important! And they were based in the US. I am hopeful we can go back to NCR in the future!

Solid product, slow for patches and updates

Dependable product that was easy to customize and fit within the budget required.

Pros

Counterpoint is a solid reliable product, easy to use for the end users. Dependable where it counted.

Cons

Getting patches to fix issues, or compliance patches often took many more months than perdicted. This resulted in missed deadlines and a decreased experience for customers.

Erik from Kapreeza, Inc.

June 2011

Overall, we're very happy with our purchase. From an point-of-sale perspective, it's very friendly. The back-office portion has some minor frustrations but has shown steady improvement. The important thing is that it met our requirements at a price point we could manage. Our integrator (Rapid Domains) has done excellent work at reasonable rates. We do have one significant area of concern - like most software vendors, Radiant would like to increase their recurring revenue streams. In many areas where they provide additional services, this is appropriate. An example would be e-mail marketing. However, when they want to charge a monthly fee to have our system mine our data and send us e-mail alerts - I'm referring specifically to their Point of Sale Real-Time Alerts - we feel that's taking advantage of our somewhat locked-in relationship with them. It's not an end-of-the-world issue with us, but it raises suspicions that Radiant may heading towards more revenue-minded treatment of its customers than we've seen with other vendors. For this reason, while CounterPoint SQL does handle our needs well, we can only give a cautious recommendation of the product and Radiant Systems.

Jessica from Windsor Beauty Supply

Not very user friendly - poor Customer Service response time

Pros

This program offers a very large selection of functionalities. Can be used for multiple platforms and jobs.

Cons

I dislike their customer support response time, I wait about a week for a response at least. This isn't helpful when managing an E-commerce store when there are major issues.

Katherine from Organic Avenue

Industry: Restaurants

I enjoy working with NCR Counterpoint

Pros

I really enjoy how simple, straightforward and user-friendly this system is...it makes tasks easy and clear. I find that I can easily accomplish tasks through this system, and have plenty of time left over to do other things that I need to get done at work. As a trainer at my company, I also find that training new employees to utilize NCR Counterpoint is relatively easy.

Cons

I wish that the graphics were a bit more catchy and colorful. I find that though I like the simplicity of NCR Counterpoint, including the visual aspect of it, it would be fun if it got a graphic makeover. I've been utilizing it for almost 2 years now, and am slightly bored of the graphics...just being totally honest.

MARK from DEVITTS NURSERY

Industry: Wholesale

WRONG SYSTEM FOR OUR BUSINESS

NONE

Pros

THE POS FRONT END OF SYSTEM IS OK NOT MUCH

Cons

WE ARE A WHOLE SALE RETAIL GARDEN CENTER . THIS SYSTEM NOT DESIGNED TO MANAGE ACCOUNTS AT ALL ,YOU HAVE TO CLICK AROUND ALL OVER TO FIND DIFFERENT INFO THAT SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE FROM SAME SCENE , DIFFICULT TO ADJUST INVENTORY, OR CHANGE COST , I'VE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR 30 YEARS AND USED VARIES OTHER POS/CMS SYSTEM THIS IS THE WORSE !!!! AND MOST EXSPENSIVE POS(PIECE OF SHIT ) I'VE EVER USED ,WHOEVER WROTE THIS PROGRAM KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HOW A BUSINESS LIKES THIS WORKS OPERATES , IT'S FOR RESTAURANT,OR CLOTHINGS STORES (MAYBE) BUT NOT FOR OUR BUSINESS OR ANY OTHER LIKE IT. THE COMPANY THAT SOLD IT TO THE OWNWERS DID NO RESEARCH OR ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR NEEDS . THEY JUST STUCK A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE AND ASKED 60K. I WOULDN'T RECCOMMEND IT

Karen from Altum

Have been using Counterpoint since 2007

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to train new users. Very customer friendly.

Cons

Would love to see some different formatting of reports and ease of creating reports.

Fatimah from Hijabs & More

Great for starters!

I was juggling and running out of time with which POS system to use for my online fashion business. So many options but I don't know why my heart didn't feel right on them. This was my first POS system and it had everything I needed!

Pros

Helped me remember my customers for all Our specials and coupons. Made us look extremely professional when taking their orders and payments online!

Cons

It may be too much to ask but since it has given me a lot, I've become bold, but essentially to integrate social media like a Facebook shop or instagram

Kelvin from Central Computers

Review of NCR Counterpoint

Pros

Has everything that's necessary for a retail store.

Cons

Not always intuitive in finding options needed to complete a task. Takes a while to learn where everything is and how to use the product.

Elie from central computer

Great experience

Pros

Centralized database is great experience for who own many businesses and access remotely is great feature for IT dep.

Cons

If the network is down, it is a pain to work with the software.

Mary Jane from Togs

This system stinks. Do not waste your money.

Absolutely HORRIBLE! Do not use them You will regret it.

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Too many steps to do a simple task.

Cons

I was forced to upgrade to the new NCR Counterpoint. One would think that after 10 years the upgrade would be far superior than the originsl one. . Instead, it is repetitive , redundant and plain stupid. They also force you to use a specific credit card processing company and if you choose your own Ncr doubles their month transaction fee. Do Not Use NCR It’s by far the worst decision I ever made for my company