Rentle

Rentle Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Those were all impressive features that we really need."
  • icon"Rentle is very intuitive, easy to use and has bunch of functionalities. You're good to go very quickly."
  • icon"It is a beautiful design with an intuitive design, roll out is easy as people can teach themselves mostly."
  • icon"Does not send any warning if if you do something wrong."
  • icon"If the location preferred by customer has no inventory, by default customer needs to check other locations manually."
  • icon"Maybe I am old-fashioned but I am missing more visible picture of rental situation."

All Rentle Reviews

Tim

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

July 2022

The best rental platform for businesses of any size.

Rentle have provided me with an extra dimension to my bicycle rental business. They have enabled a cost effective digital booking system without the need for hardware. Their team are fantastic and always on hand to solve any questions or problems I have had. I've been so impressed with their positive approach and have always felt valued as a customer.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and can be adapted to fit a variety of different methods of working. The software is very intuitive and adaptable and allows for surface level engagement through to in-depth use depending on need.

Cons

I would like the booking confirmation / end user engagement to be more customisable. At the moment it is a generic email confirmation which is fine but would be improved with ability to send more bespoke confirmations / engagement.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

The other products were either incredibly expensive for a small scale business such as myself or, at the more affordable end, did not have the functionality that Rentle provide.

Response from Rentle

Thank you Tim for all your feedback. We are really happy to have you using Rentle and we look forward to improving our platform for the needs you mentioned! Kind regards, Polina

Lasse

Revolutionary for rental and activities business model

Superb support and reaction time for problems. I have never experienced such a great attitude towards users from support people.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, integrated payment options, broad scope that can be used to make all our activities, rental products, tickets, etc. products available for online booking

Cons

Rentle is still under development so there are many things missing but all the essentials are there to make the business roll. Rentle is developing new features in a rapid phase so the features missing now, might be there tomorrow.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

Only software that could accommodate all our needs in experience and rental sales. Back office was by far the easiest and most intuitive for users.

Reasons for switching to Rentle

Rentle convinced us with their development pipeline and competitive pricing which basically was risk free. If we make money, rentle gets a cut. Fair win-win for both parties.

Response from Rentle

Hi Lasse, thank you for the review and partnership so far.

Replied June 2020

Danny

October 2022

Rentle - grows with you great

Our business foundation is built off of Rentle and we're thrilled to scale with rentle as they continue to increase the number of features offered.

Pros

We are early on in our business, and my favorite part about rentle.io is the ability to expand on the platform as needed. We were able to test it for free in a trial environment, and then expand to use more of their product features with their "block" upgrade system.

Cons

I don't love the way the pricing breakdowns for various rental lengths. I would like to see a more intuitive sliding scale where rental rates decrease by a % or flat rate for each additional day.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

As noted above, the simplicity of getting started on rentle.io followed by the ability to use more of the complex features as needed were the perfect way to start our business. Their support team is always there to help us overcome hurdles.

Response from Rentle

Thank you for your feedback Danny! We are introducing more flexibility for the product pricing settings and your comments are very valuable for our product team. Best, Joel

Replied October 2022

Hannah

November 2022

Getting Starte

Good.

Pros

The setup has been easy and it seems intuitive.

Cons

We are only using the free version at this time and it lacks many features we would like access to. Once we get things setup, we will be upgrading to see what else it offers.

Response from Rentle

Hi Hannah! Many thanks for your feedback - it is highly appreciated! Feel free to reach out to our support via your Rentle Admin App, so we can discuss access to some of our features directly - we are more than happy to find a custom solution for you and your business :)

Replied December 2022

Tim

August 2022

Using as rental tool for sound/light company.

Overall I'm very happy with Rentle. I love using is, it's very easy. That's also the reason I'm willing to pay the more expensive subscription, because I can't think of doing my job without it.

Pros

I started with Rental when they had a very cheap subscription, so it was the best tool for the buck. It is very slick in looks and is very easy to use. In a couple of minutes I managed to create my first products and could publish the online shop on my WordPress website. When I had questions, I got a really fast response of the support team. I even had 2 videomeetings with them, so they are really into giving good support.

Cons

I still miss the ability to create packages with multiple devices of the same product. This moment you can create packages, but with only 1 item of each product. I contacted the support team and they ensured that they were working on a revised packaging system. I'm really looking forward to that update. Second bummer was the update in subscription model. This made Rentle for me (as a very low user) way more expensive. For the options I need, I have to go to a higher tier. Luckily I get a 50% discount because of the low amount of rentals I register, but it's still a lot more expensive than it was. At the moment it sits in the same price range as other competitors and is cheaper than the expert tool Rentman which is made for companies as mine, but of course it has less possibilities than Rentman.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

At that moment the low price, the looks, the ease of use, ...

Response from Rentle

Thank you Tim for your feedback and glad to hear you are happy with Rentle. We are really looking forwards to updating the package product feature and will let you know as soon as the improvement is released. //Joel

Replied August 2022

Jheanelle

Recommended

So far the experience has been good. a few more customization options would be great though

Pros

I like that I can write my own checkout note and the booking calendar

Cons

currently its inability to link product variations with images

Reasons for choosing Rentle

the pricing was good and I got to use the software free without having to input credit card information

Response from Rentle

Hi Jheanelle - Many thanks for your review! Our team is always looking for valuable feedback such as yours. Please be assured we are working on introducing more customization options in the future - Stay tuned :) Best, Bianka

Roland

October 2022

Get up and running quickly

Pros

Rentle has a really well thought out suite of features at a competitive price

Cons

For large orgs that want to make rental management as frictionless as possible Rentle is excellent but for smaller orgs who are very hands on with every rental they may find Rentle's lack of moderation features (i.e. the ability to manually confirm rentals after staff review rather than have them automated) hard to work with.

Response from Rentle

Many thank you for your feedback, Roland! We are happy to let you know, that we are already working on introducing more flexibility to the booking and checkout process in the near future. Please stay tuned!

Randolph

October 2022

Great product great customer service

Pros

The ability for inventory management and scheduling

Cons

Not many options to customize. Delivery/pick up option not really clear

Response from Rentle

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Randolph! Just last week we released some new options to customize your Rentle store - feel free to have a look at our product updates at https://updates.rentle.io/ We are also working on providing more clarity on the delivery feature, hopefully, we will see developments here soon as well :) Best, Bianka

Ryland

Industry: Sporting Goods

October 2022

If you want to offer online booking for your rental equipment. This is definitely the best one!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to setup, good value! Continued improvements

Cons

At first, it didn't offer the ability calculate the ski DIN. I was pleasantly surprised when they added this.!

Ease of use, Value

Response from Rentle

Thank you Ryland and happy to hear you've found Rentle as a valuable platform for your company!

Replied October 2022

Diandre

November 2022

New User

We needed a good way to track rentals, Rentle has provided that for us.

Pros

We love the ease of adding new items to our storefront from our rental inventory. It's easy to track items and will make our customers experience easier and more efficient.

Cons

Not a good way to customize the storefront with the free account.

Response from Rentle

Many thanks for your feedback, Diandre! We appreciate it! Our team is working on introducing more customization options in the future - however RentleFree will always has some limitations compared to our paid plans. Feel free to reach out to us, if you want to discuss more about it :)

Martin

Industry: Machinery

July 2022

Very active development, which has both pros and cons

When I started my rental business there wasn't really any alternative to Rentle but as I started using them, I realized that it was exactly what I was looking for - a turn-key solution to start renting out equipment, without any up-front costs and quick to get started with. Although there were a couple of features I would like to have it did all I needed it to, and during the time I've used Rentle most of these features have been added. Customer service is great to work with and if they can settle on a pricing model there's very little I can complain about.

Pros

The developers are very active and listen closely to their customers, and they implement and improve features constantly. The integration with either WordPress or a simple, static HTML is very straight forward. Every time I've had a question or concern Rentle was quick to reply and always took my issue seriously. I've even had online meetings with representatives from Rentle where I could elaborate on my issue or idea in more detail. Implementing credit card payment was a little bit finicky initially but once I got it set up it's working without issues. The service/software is very flexible, and you can customize it quite a lot to suit your needs. Initially there were a couple of features I needed but over the 12-18 months I've been using the software Rentle has added a lot of these features.

Cons

At times it feels like the developers are adding and changing too much which makes it difficult to keep up with new features and functionality, both for me as an admin and for my customers. This also results in a somewhat messy and inconsistent admin interface. Some settings are under Settings, others under Account, and some have their own item in the menu. When the inventory functionality was redone a link to Inventory was added in the Availability settings for a product with the text "Connect this product to inventory" but when clicking that link, I just get sent to the inventory management screen. There is other minor stuff like this that all add up making it at times pretty frustrating and confusing to use the admin interface. Pricing is also something I'm not especially pleased with as they've changed that three times during my 12-18 months of using the software. The current model is a fixed price per month which has a bigger impact on me as a small business than the previous model that charged a fee per booking.

Response from Rentle

Hi Martin and thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We're constantly working on improving the experience for our clients. Reach out via the in-app chat if there is anything you need help with! Kind regards, Polina

Henry

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

June 2022

Easy to Use and Intuitive

Most Reservation software out there is designed for Events (think; a specific time, date and spots to fill). Rentle gives users the ability to create events, but its power is in its ability to manage inventory of rental equipment like no other software I know (think: I have 50 bicycles, horses, or surfboards (inventory) that I want to rent on a daily basis to as many people as possible without worrying about overbooking and maximize profit and customer satisfaction) - that is Rentle.

Pros

I love the recommended products feature for up sales and faster customer checkout. It was very easy and intuitive to set up on my own and the interface is so very clean and appealing to me and to my customers.

Cons

As an e-marketing business using Rentle for its handling of inventory, scheduling, and intuitive user interface; it's missing something else for our business model. That is, and embed capability for the back end usage from our own website to manage reservations, scheduling, cancellations, extensions, as well as the capability to embed it with limited access for employee/managers only for essential tasks as the ones already mentioned.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

I googled - "Tool rental management system". My kayak are tools and I needed a product that could automatically keep track of how many kayaks I could book online and in store without overbooking. Rentle does that.

Reasons for switching to Rentle

Switched to Rentle for easy of use and ease of integration. Other software has too many bells and whistles, not easy to use and they feel like "cookie cutter software" for events - not customizable.

Response from Rentle

Thank you Henry for all your feedback. We are really happy to have you using Rentle and we look forward to improving our platform for the needs you listed! Kind regards, Joel

Lewis

March 2022

Amazing Software, Perfect for my Needs

Pros

From the start, the software was very intuitive and easy to use; I could start adding products straight away. The professional-looking storefront is an immediate attraction to the software as this represents my business. While slightly confusing at first, differentiating between products, articles, and SKUs is very logical and has helped to organise my inventory.

Cons

There are a few annoyances that you might expect for software in development. Things like: in your inventory, when changing which columns to view, you would expect this to be a permanent change as then you're only viewing the information that's important to you; the ability to add specifications to an article is great, however it would be really useful is these could then be shown on each product as well; Finally, the ability to add more than one custom field at checkout would enable me to get more info from a customer, before placing their order. These are only very minor gripes at what is a truly amazing piece of software that is really making a difference in the e-commerce world.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

It had all the features I was after (Inventory management, Bookings management, an online store) all for free and even hosts the webstore for free. This would have cost me more at another company.

Response from Rentle

Hi Lewis, thank you for your review and comments! And also thanks for the feedback, even the minor gripes are very much appreciated by our product team.

Replied April 2022

Carlos

June 2022

Great software, if you have a developer on your team the software can do even more!

Is great!!! The UX/UI is well implemented

Pros

The API and customer support, they are always willing to help and improve. The software has a lot to deliver

Cons

Pricing, the software is really valuable but it can improve on pricing

Reasons for choosing Rentle

Users were able to adapt more easily and the API is really friendly

User Xperience

Response from Rentle

Glad to hear you are enjoying the UX of our platform and thank you for all the feedback! Kind regards, Joel

Jari

Own experience - bike rentals but in winter more rental activities to customers

Good software and development work is continuing so in future software is more diverse and give more possibilities to end users and to customers. Customer service is perfect!

Pros

The base elements was already made and product (software) was ready to use when we started. Nice and clear operating system, App for users, automatic payments etc. This product is still under development and it is nice to be "involved partly to development brainstorming". If we have some ideas or needs for new functions to system, quite often we also get these.

Cons

We need more filters for functionality what is specified or focused to some special end users ---- like for skiing centers (shoe size, age of customer etc). We can easily live with these functions but these are extra for us. Of course for example skiing centers can have own opinions what is necessary for them and what is not.

Reasons for choosing Rentle

We had already information for this software and we had interest to test it. After testing period it was easy to make decision - suitable product and very easy/fast implementation.

Reasons for switching to Rentle

We needed more functionality for this software - more functionality to office work, App for customers/office, automatic payments (payment same time when customer do renting). Target was to get system for today's needs and for today's environment.

Response from Rentle

Thank you for your review, Jari! We are proud to work with companies like yours. Your suggestions are valued and we are glad you are happy with the results.

Replied November 2020