What are DaySmart Salon users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DaySmart Salon software through verified user reviews

• icon"Fast forward years later I have my own little studio & I use the app version on my phone to schedule appointments and manage my business. I find it easy to use and a good value for the money."
  • icon"Integration was as easy as buttering a slice of bread. This software is very very easy to learn, and when you don't know how to do something, the support team is always there to help."
  • icon"Software integrates to a mobile app which we love. Improvements have been consistently good over time."
  • icon"I lost all client and financial history when transitioning from multiple users to the single user software."
  • icon"I have been disappointed in the CC companies they have chosen to be compatible with Salon Iris."
  • icon"We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges."

Browse all DaySmart Salon Reviews

• Have you used DaySmart Salon and would like to share your experience with others?

Autumn

We've been partnered with Salon Iris for 9yrs now and Love everything about the software. Easy to us

Scheduling, details, customer service. Organizations

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, easy to teach, detailed, always improving, reports, user friendly , online scheduling.

Cons

The app costs extra money, updates we've lost data, doesn't have copy and paste option for appointments Anymore

Lindsay

Good Software

Been great.

Pros

It’s easy to set up and helps keep track of all the important information you need for running a business.

Cons

Cell phone app can be difficult to navigate at times. Doesn’t show if someone confirms appointment or not. I have to look at the desk top version to see.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price for a single operator. Getting a website and online booking. Been working with DaySmart since they where salon iris and I’ve always enjoyed the system.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

DaySmart at the end of the day had more features for me. Compared to the other company it was free but would eventually cost more in the long run. Plus DaySmart comes with a website, that’s an amazing feature.

Jeannette

Gets The Job Done

I appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the app management as he will set time aside to speak with me regarding upgrades and improvements and what’s to come. Overall I have used DaySmart because it’s going to be a gas sold to switch but it will happen over time. Unfortunately other companies offer the things DaySmart lacks.

Pros

I enjoy the DaySmart offers cloud user access for the team to see their schedule. Being able to have client profiles helps create consistency with client visits. Working the app is easy to manage and they offer some great features but they could use improvement. They take their customers feedback to build the app.

Cons

DaySmart will have a lot of glitches in the system, and the app version lags running slow or logging out. When they add new features with updates they’re not 100% ready to go and have bugs that require improvements. Their email marketing templates are absolutely the worse. To generic and almost too tacky/old school to use. All other salon softwares are more up to date with their email marketing.

Maggie

June 2022

Day Spa having used software for 8 years using desktop version and new to cloud based...

Overall happy with software, would just like to see more capabilities after 8 years with company that fit the needs of day Spa business. We had trialed Meevo during and they had some great features, overall our experience was terrible with them, but some cool features they had were front desk profit focused. As example, pop ups for services notes about service to ask client when booking, service suggestion for similar services when booking one to suggest others. Product recommendation based on past purchases.

Pros

VIP support moreso when we were desktop version and dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing! Many thanks to her! The working and self diagnosis of problems is easy with this system.

Cons

Now being cloud based definitely want to see memberships updated so when a failed payment, you can make the payment and not have to cancel member and restart, have had many issues with that since moving from desktop. Also had to found a work around to let us make membership purchase, to be "until canceled" we have to first click end date then click back to until canceled and then it works. Would like to again see the ability to add a prepaid service on an account like we could in desktop. Would also like to be able to change client name on a ticket as we were able to "change client" on ticket in desktop version. For tickets, it would be helpful to have more edit capability once they are closed, to edit service/professional/payment and change/and do partial refund. For gift cards would like to see ability to auto populate a number. For reporting, sales totals for each employee for a week would love the ability to "copy" a table like desktop version instead of having to download and upload as we utilize Google sheets and not Excel. Online giftcar would love to be able to offer promotions and not have to pay a third party for to offer things like, buy $100 get $25 for free. I've sent quite a few things through to support already to ask for feature requests. One last one off too if my head is for text marketing when making a one time campaign, to send out for last minute opening deal to be able to just send "now" or immediately I stead of having to choose the next hour.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Overall capabilities, reporting, appointment book, ticket look of these items and ability to edit.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

We had switched to try cloud based and Daysmart did not have option at that time, we wanted to get away from server computer, needed memberships and wanted online forms.

Sara

Great For Salons Missing Key Features For Spas

It is helpful for accounting, payroll, managements, and makes running a spa so much easier. It saves time with client confirmations, appointment changes and cancellations. I can look back on sales and see all the important data that I need I need to use for improvements.

Pros

How easy it is to run, viewing reports, appointment scheduling, accounting. Has everything I need to stay organized.

Cons

What I like least is just what the clients experiences through trying to book multiple services or add ons. I wish there was a way to separate categories on the booking website into their own drop down menus as well as group/ couples online booking.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Wanted to try something different, and in the past salon ultimate would crash frequently and customer service was hard to get a hold of.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

I needed to be able to have employees and square has a confusing set up for multiple users. I do miss the add ons ability through square.

Celeste

Day smart

We’ve enjoy the scheduling aspect of this program. However, doing credit card processing through card point has been a nightmare.

Pros

I love the ability to schedule guests, and the information I’m able to store for guests. I like that we can save their credit card information, and the ease with texting and confirmations.

Cons

The credit card processing has been a huge issue from the very beginning, to the point where we’ve considered switching services. I also wish there was a way to click on a guest in the schedule, after the ticket is closed, and see if they have any scheduled appointments. It’s inconvenient to have to go into each guest to check if tHey have scheduled appointments.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

We thought it would be a good fit because we could run credit cards and gift cards, all through the system. As well as people being Able to purchase online gift cards. But that isn’t how it worked out at all. We are very unhappy with everything card processing related to day smart. We have only kept it because of the ease of scheduling, and not wanting to move all our guest info and appointments.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

We left a Sola studio and needed something formatted for a bigger salon.

Crystal

Good for small business

It’s been a great software to start with and has worked well for my small business. There are small things I would like to see changed but for the most part, it’s been good and is a reasonable price.

Pros

I like the ease of use, it’s pretty easy to navigate around. Lots of helpful reports for the business and very detailed client profiles. The text reminder are great to have as well!

Cons

There are certain features as a stylist that need to be tweaked. One is, for example, If a client comes in and wants to only buy product, you can’t just close it out, it has to have a service with it. Also, there is a limit on the amount of texts per month, and you pay for overages. Seems like we are past those types of charges in this day and age. I would certainly use the marketing more if that wasn’t the case. Very limited customer service if you have a lower end package. That should be there for everyone if you want them to be satisfied.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price and simplicity and at the time, there want much out there to choose from.

Emma

July 2022

Liking the system we are using

We have always had good responses with customer service

Pros

Very user friendly, we are overall happy

Cons

There are a few things that other systems have that they do not. EX: Individual sheets for each client instead of one sheet for entire day. Also when you put in a standing appointment for the year it will not give you an error message if it overlaps with another appointment

Pricing and usage

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

We never used Meevo, we used it when it was still Millennium. We opened a different salon and wanted a change. We also had better pricing with Salon Iris

Pietro

June 2022

Strong features — payroll reporting needs work

Good. Everyone is always pleasant when I reach out.

Pros

The app. Ease of pulling reports. Need more portable pos solutions like a small tablet that can be handed to the client to pay.

Cons

I have asked for this before and I’m not sure why this hasn’t been fixed. We use tier commission for our stylists, but the calculation in DaySmart is wrong — so I can’t use it. Wish it integrates better with QuickBooks.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Stylists used saloniris at previous place I’d employment.

Enjoyable Experience

Salon Iris just needs a way to transfer and transition companies that want to switch and not just start up, but they have a 5 gold star product on their hands here.

Pros

I loved that this was a totally, completely, 110%, didn't leave anything out, comprehensive plus the kitchen sink software system for running any small business. It covered emails, advertising, websites, payments, scheduling and booking, literally not a stone unturned. This made the process of starting a fledgling company absolute as cohesive and efficient as possible in a rather visually capturing way.

Cons

We ended up not choosing them to use though because of the comprehensiveness and total coverage because it would have been too difficult to integrate their entire system in with the system/s already being used because some had been purchased already and the clinic was already up some running. If we could have switched all our existing data and moved it in to their new system during its initiation, it would have been chosen hands down.

Cassandra

Best booking system hands down

Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see . The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems . Sadly I almost got rid of iris due to their incompatibility with mac computers but after trying multiple other cloud based Booking systems I realized this they paled in comparison to what iris had to offer . I switched to their cloud version. It has been an adjustment as it doesn’t offer all of the same features as their desktop version but it is still by far better than anything else out there .

Pros

I love this software . It’s detail and your ability to completely control whatever you need do is unmatched . Everything from your reports to payroll to appointments / services/ products . I really can’t say anything bad about the functionality of this system both software and cloud .

Cons

I do not like that their software is not compatible with a MAC computer . I had to run another program that aloud me to run windows on my Mac so I could use the software and if caused serious Problems with my computer causing it to crash regularly , get viruses and run extremely slow. We switched to their cloud version which has been a hard transition as it doesnt have all of the same functionality of their desktop version . I hope It will eventually .

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Its features and functionality are far superior to anything else on the market

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Because Vagaros website would crash and freeze up constantly leaving us without a way to check out clients .

Joseph

Salon Iris Review

It's great that the client can have an interaction with the software Having the ability to view the appointment book without being in the salon

Pros

The ease of use, can be used immediately after unpacking Keep track of your financial health Tracks your product usage Gives you a great database of your clientele

Cons

When there is no internet, you cannot view your appointment book If the server is down so is the client (if you have more than one computer) No manual Too many add on's that cost you additional funds Weekly total's have to be done one day at a time No loyalty discounts for continued purchasing

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Have the ability to own the software without additional fees or updates

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

I could not purchase the software

tiffanie

Great Software for a Caribbean User

We have been using salon iris for 6 years . I love that the system updateds often they are always adding a new feature which is great for no additional cost. The points reward system given my customers loyal campaign for no additional cost.

Pros

I love the moblie feature for my spa to book appointment using there phones and she there shedule in real time

Cons

I wish as a administrator i could see more detail information using moblie . I wish the credit card functions would work for Caribbean countries so we could do more

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

The loyalty loints, moblie app and it features work great for Caribbean customers most software only work for us business

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

The feature didnt fit my needs

Jon

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

Pros

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time. The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond! We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

Cons

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists during their visit and the system just doesn't have the intelligence to condense appointments. OR separate each portion of the service. I would love to be able to chose certain services that are able to book on a 15 or 30 and have other services remain only able to book on the hour. We love that there is a mobile app but the interface is VERY different than the server version making it sometimes difficult or confusing when trying to operate the data base. Something that a few other platforms have, is customer apps where they can more easily access their personal information and appointments. Due to the fact that its an american software, understandably, Salon Iris uses american services such as card connect but because we are a Canadian business we have to find other ways of accepting deposits and credit card information. Overall the platform is a little dated and simple things like being able to have multiple windows open at once or being able to move windows around on the screen while they are open would be simple changes that make it a more user friendly experience.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

While other systems may have an easier interface to navigate salon iris has been around longer and hasn't tried to over simplify their system to the point where we lose more than we gain. The customer service is beyond exceptional and we are always helped very quickly and effectively!

Susan

Great salon software!

As a salon owner I’ve searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments from their phones or computers. Salon Iris offers amazing extras at no cost! Email receipts are so wonderful and convenient. Standing appointments make it easy to book your regulars for up to a year at a time. They also offer appointment reminders which really cuts down on “no shoes” and cancellations. You can search for availability for those walk ins and call ins. Salon iris is definitely a keeper! We’ve looked at pretty much all of the software out there and this is the BEST I’ve found!

Pros

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

Cons

Nothing! It’s been great! I haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

The added features were the deal maker. It’s such an easy software to use and there so many bonuses!

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Our computer was extremely outdated and crashed. We were forced to switch and are glad we did.

SUMMER

I used this product for 3 years

I found the help desk very difficult to deal with. They sell a product worldwide but only provide USA office hours to receive calls. When I sold the business we had to phone them a NUMBER of times to change the owner and credit card details. No matter what we did it defaulted to me. I felt the help desk to be not that helpful. The software is actually too difficult to use for the majority of salon staff. I think if I would have known how difficult it was to use and if I had found a simpler, more easy to use one I would have chosen that one.

Pros

I liked that you could save a lot of data and be able to analyze it later on. Once you get the hang of certain features it was easy to use.. I liked that I could use the app on my phone. This was a useful feature.

Cons

Even at the end of 3 years I don't think I really got a grasp on the actual capabilities of the software... it is actually not easy to use. A lot of the features that I was able to decipher were not logical. Although highly adaptable, there are some aspects that bizarrely are not. Inventory was a disaster. The system was also slow, in terms of just logging a single transaction took time. I really disliked that I could not use the app out of hours as the system needed to be on and connected to the internet to use. I also didn't like that it was that expensive to use the app. The app often froze and needed restarting, it was not as stable as the salon iris software itself.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Iris comes with a strong promotion, word of mouth. It can also be used abroad, our salon was in Kuwait and we were able to change the settings of the currency to KD and 3 digits after zero. Many pre-made software don't do that. But in this case, we honestly didn't find another as well respected as salon iris.

Allison

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

Pros

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

Cons

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price and customer support were big qualifiers for why I chose salon Iris.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Timely was not as professional as I would’ve liked it to have been.

Antonia

Industry: Cosmetics

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

Pros

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

Cons

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone. After 2 different devices they wouldn't work, only to learn that the devices are sometimes temperamental with Android's. Well this was very unfortunate news because as I explained originally that was all I had and I was told it would be absolutely fine. To this day I have not been able to use the credit card device and as of late last week the manual entry also started screwing up. I was informed that they were working out the bugs with Android's so we shall see what happens there. In the mean time I've had to ask my clients to pay cash or check or download venmo which is super embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion.

Referred by a friend.

Celina

June 2022

Love the program, but there’s room for improvement

Pros

Most things work well, just small adjustments to improve the software overall

Cons

Multiple client accounts not being merged even when the information is exactly the same. Which doesn’t allow accurate history tracking. DaySmart allowed payroll and online booking and ideally did work on Instagram but does not if you need it on multiple accounts. We can’t offer a booking button on Instagram for multiple team members

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

We wanted a smaller company with more effective systems.

Margret

Great program!

I love being able to book appointments for my hairstyling business from anywhere. No more carrying a book with me!

Pros

I really like using this program. It's very easy to use and was easy to set up! Even if you aren't tech savvy it still isn't an issue.

Cons

I don't like the fact the the price is in USD, and fluctuates with the $. I'm in Canada so it's a little pricey.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Seemed easier to work with and customer support was fantastic!

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

The program was not used friendly and their rates were not very clear.

Pam

Reports discrepancies

Some of the reports are false can’t use them and the information is key to growing my business

Pros

The ease of making reservations and text messaging has become more versatile. .............................

Cons

There are reports that are false and give me misinformation that I desperately need. for instance the rebook report counts the services not the tickets. We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

Could purchase not lease now I’m on a month to month lease with Salon iris. So I have to admit I’m looking elsewhere

Amazing Software

It has been an amazing experience. I have had no issues and any questions I have are always answered in a very timely and professional manner.

Pros

This has been one of the best investments to my business since I started using it in 2006. It has helped me grow and manage my salon better than I thought. The thing I like most is how I can customize it to my business.

Cons

I don't know what to put here because nothing pops into my head. I have been happy and honestly cannot come up with anything.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

I liked the overall flow of Salon Iris and the customization. Also, I was impressed with the support.

Amanda

Talk to other departments

There doesn't seem to be any oversight between departments. I have been getting charged double for nearly 3 years. It's hard to get situations resolved because I am trying to run a business while sitting on hold, being passed around departments for over an hour during the work day. When they send you to a new department, they don't prompt them, so you have to start over from scratch with each new person who you're transferred to, which is incredibly annoying.

Pros

User friendly. Easy to set up and utilize. Convenient to use on computer as well as mobile.

Cons

Can be glitchy, especially at checkout.

More user friendly.

Michelle

Great if you want long term

The program is too big for practical use.once you find a device that has enough power,the program has issues Plus your data is held hostage.if you go other software and transfer data it gets really messed up.

Pros

The inventory management is great and useful. worked with my website for online booking. Blah blah blah

Cons

Cannot be used on a microsoft surface.font is tiny and certain features dont work. They dont have enough technology to fix their problems. Tons of problems.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

At the time I needed that level of detail

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Equally bad,so iris known commodity

ashley

Industry: Individual & Family Services

June 2022

Operation system for a wax studio

Pros

Online booking is so helpful. The software is very user friendly and customer service is always very responsive and helpful.

Cons

As I've mentioned offering clients to reschedule an appt on their own online is a big deal for me and many other operating systems offer this. I'm sure hoping this will be an option coming up. Also I keep a very busy schedule and it would be great if clients through the online booking could add themselves to a constant wait-list. I also wish I could add on intake forms for an extra monthly fee of like 10$. Im paying the second tier price for my subscription but only use the intake form feature. This makes my payment an extra 30$ a month for only one added feature. It would also be great if Daysmart had an option for an automatic link to be sent for a client to leave a review.

Reasons for choosing DaySmart Salon

I choose Daysmart because I've used it for years and I'm comfortable with the operating system.

DaySmart Salon