What are Samsung Pay users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Samsung Pay software through verified user reviews

• icon"Very intuitive and easy to use, I added my Bank cards and use it directly and safely without the need to use the various physical cards from several different institutions."
  • icon"Samsung pay is a great convenient way to pay for anything in merchants. It also can send money to your love ones."
  • icon"I loved the usability and practicality of the application."
  • icon"Pin does not work sometimes. Sometimes paypal on Samsung pay prompts one for a pin."
  • icon"Also i could not withdraw at an atm of my choice if it was not that of the entity then i was denied access to my funds."
  • icon"Some items or cards can be a little difficult to add if the scanner doesn't work properly. Most cards add instantly."

Browse all Samsung Pay Reviews

• Have you used Samsung Pay and would like to share your experience with others?

Tiara

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

March 2022

Contactless payment with unique features

Kevin

July 2022

This Is a Terrific Solution or ADvantage!

I got a Galaxy about a year and a half ago and did not know too much about this as I had never had anything Samsung, I think, but a camera. The setup and ease of having my payment sources right there wherever I go is wonderful! The scan a barcode, photograph a QR code, or just touch the Samsung Pay at checkout is just a great and easy, not to mention secure, option!

Pros

It is a seamless product that is easy t use, does almost all the work for you, and makes purchases on app stores and retail -- or wherever, a snap! It also has been great for my occasional in-person art sales, and I am hoping to advance that and use Samsung Pay POS fits the bill as easily as the normal Samsung Pay.

Cons

So far, I think there are too many changes, always adding this, changing that, "Samsung Pay is now included in...". While it is great and I recommend it highly, my recommendations are geared towards others using it, they should, but it is not available on my Galaxy Tablet S7 and I need it to be, Will that change? No idea.

Reasons for switching to Samsung Pay

I wanted the extra options Samsung had. I still use Google pay on my phone but Samsung Wallet has a lot loaded into it such as Pay. I will use both! I need a POS on my Tablet and hope that will be available with Samsung, not just on their phones.

Nicole

Industry: Photography

Samsung Pay is my #1 go-to mobile bank

My experience using Samsung Pay is very positive. It makes me have to worry about one less thing during my busy days. Samsung has always been a company I can trust, so adding a banking account to it was an easy decision. Just like all of their other apps, Samsung delivers simplicity and transparency so I know what I am using, as well as understand it.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of the Samsung Pay mobile app. It is extremely user-friendly, which makes it great for people of any age to get accustomed to, even if you are switching from a different payment platform. Navigating through the app and its features, along with the simple interface design make it an enjoyable mobile banking experience.

Cons

There is nothing I could say that I didn't like about using this software. I literally enjoy every part of it, and there is nothing difficult or negative about it.

Reasons for switching to Samsung Pay

I made the switch because I use Samsung phones and wanted to integrate my payments with my mobile phone. I also made the switch because Samsung has a variety of apps and programs, even a browser that I have enjoyed using. I find it less invasive than Google as well.

Cathy

July 2022

Samsung says - You can't touch this!

I'm still in awe with this Contactless payment concept, but I also see that there is still room for improvement, enhancements and advancements among other competitors.

Pros

It's an added perk or bonus should you decide to use it, that is If you are currently using a Samsung gadget. It would only make sense to streamline all your processes and apps to be in sync or synced with all things Samsung. It definitely makes the payment processing much quicker.

Cons

If you're not using a Samsung gadget (ie...cell phone, tablet, etc...) then you probably wouldn't be exposed to or be given the option to use and choose Samsung Pay as your first choice, instead, Google would take that position.

Reasons for switching to Samsung Pay

I started using Samsung Pay as an alternative and back up wallet in the event a vendor did not accept Google Pay.

César

Industry: Computer Hardware

May 2022

A good digital wallet

I have had a good experience with Samsung Pay, it has allowed me to save time and be more productive because I can have my accounts in one place, without having to carry many cards with me. It is an excellent product, it is the future.

Pros

The best thing about Samsung Pay is the trust and security that the brand gives you when making transactions, it is a very transparent and non-invasive process that gives warmth to the user. The interface is good, simple, beautiful, and easy to use. The NFC payment process works well and quickly. If you have a Samsung mobile it is the best option you can have, but if you have an Android mobile it is a great option to value.

Cons

A greater reach is needed from the brand because there are countries that cannot access Samsung Pay services, and in the same way, there are commercial premises that do not allow paying with this app.

Reasons for switching to Samsung Pay

Integration with Samsung devices is much better.

Zephyr

Easy contactless payment

Samsung pay is a really convenient way of paying for goods and services. It's also extremely secure. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love how easy and convenient it is to use Samsung pay when I'm out shopping. I don't even need to take my wallet out. It's straightforward to use and I have never experienced any glitches or issues with it. There are also certain credit card perks to paying with a digital wallet like Samsung pay. I get extra cashback whenever I check out with my credit card via Samsung pay.

Cons

Not every store accepts Samsung pay. It's definitely gaining traction but because it's not available everywhere you still need to always have a physical card with you.

Reasons for switching to Samsung Pay

I was using Apple pay when I had an iPhone but switched over to Samsung pay when I got a Samsung.

Carlos

Industry: Civil Engineering

Good alternative to make payments online

I realised that you can avoid using cash with this software, but you still need a credit card.

Pros

It was very secure and I never had a problem with the processing of a payment. The interface is also very simple and reliable. If you are familiar with this kind of payment apps, you can start paying with your phone instead yor physical credit card.

Cons

It's not accepted everywhere, the difussion is not so widespread as I expected (yet). I hope with time they start using it more.

Reasons for switching to Samsung Pay

Even though I use Android OS, my phone still is a Samsung Galaxy S9 so I thought it would run smoother on it.

Josiah

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Nothing Special

The Samsung Pay app works great if you have a Samsung Pay, but is less universal than Android Pay, and really doesn't do anything to stand out of the pack.

Pros

Samsung Pay is like any other app used for paying with you phone. Its quick and convenient, and when setup correctly its nice to not have to carry around multiple cards in your wallet.

Cons

Although it has gotten much better, this app does not eliminate the need for a physical card. Not all registers accept Samsung Pay.

Apple Pay

Reasons for choosing Samsung Pay

I tried out Samsung Pay for a couple months, but decided to go with Android Pay in the end

Stephanie

April 2022

Great product

Pros

This software is easy to use, it actually works more places then apple pay does as well. It functions the same as most tap to pay services and is utilized at many stores.

Cons

There really are no cons to this product, any errors that pop up are usually issues with the store or the phone not the product itself.

Issues with Apple Pay

July 2022

Samsung Pay is a brilliant payment solution, convenience in your pocket

I am quite satisfied. It is making my life easy and even it gives me an overview of my previous purchases which is quite handy

Pros

Fast payment system. Awesome user interface. No need to bring your wallet.

Cons

All is fine with the software performance so is the everything. No complaints so far

Lucia

Great to have

Pros

It's very simple to use. Store your credit card/debit card info securely, and use Samsung pay to purchase without disclosing any sensitive info.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about Samsung pay.

Claire

Life saver

Its a lifesaver if you forget your wallet. I'm in an area where tap to pay is very common, and if I forget my card at home and I have to pay for my groceries, it somehow still works just by hovering your phone over the card swipe area. I have proven to many small shops that Samsung Pay will work with the magnetic strip. Depending on the device at the store it takes a couple of tries but worth it. Easy, quick, convenient and the perks that came with it!

Pros

Saved me at a restaurant! Their card reader was not working properly because it kept declining all of my cards the man asked if I had Apple pay or Samsung pay and I said yeah I can try it and it ended up working so weird but it saved me from going somewhere else and wasting already made food. I love Samsung Pay when it works for most transactions. The recent email that I received where the acquisition of points for transactions will end on December 31st is very saddening. I honestly hope that situation is temporary because I do actually like everything that I have Samsung whether Apps, or Devices. Don't be intimidated to try. You just scan your fingerprint (security+++). The app will give you about 30 seconds to scan. Just hold the back of your phone against the reader-it scans immediately, and you're done. I did not have to enter last 4 digits of card. Now, I won't have to worry so much about losing my card, having it stolen, or forgetting it at home or in my purse in the car. Please keep working hard to allow the points for transactions to return as soon as possible.

Cons

Fingerprint authentication is smooth. Easy way to pay. Not like google pay, Samsung worked immediately and more quickly. I like the transaction notifications too. The ads in the app can be ignored if you just use the "quick access" feature of swiping the Samsung Pay card from the home screen and it directly takes you to your cards. This app takes away the worry of losing/forgetting my wallet while I'm out. Everything I need is unlocked at a touch of my fingerprint or scan of my face or irises for added security. My accounts are quickly organized and always ready to use right away. I never have to be embarrassed at the checkout line ever again!! Oh, and since it's digital and contact free, I'm staying safe and saving the environment with each purchase.

Ali Ahmet

Samsung Pay 2017-2021 Report

User interface, speed and security were very important and these are the highlights of our research team.

Pros

Very useful, in terms of design and security.

Cons

Only, 2GB RAM phones urgent optimization needed!

Reasons for choosing Samsung Pay

Optimization is very important.

Dustin

Samsung Pay

Pros

I liked the fact that I could use my Debit or Credit card on my phone and have it as a virtual card. There are times when we as men forget our wallet. This feature to have your card digitialy inserted into your phone is a easer way for paying for products especially when you forget your wallet like myself when i got to checkout at walmart to pay for my items but luckily samsung pay was by my side to help me fix the issue.

Cons

The thing that i liked least about the software is that when the system is down there is little to no help in fixing an issue with your account until they are in the office for working hours. Also i could not withdraw at an atm of my choice if it was not that of the entity then i was denied access to my funds.

Tiara

Contactless payment with unique features

Samsung pay makes the process of purchasing products faster and much more secure. It is the only application that allows you to pay using iris scanning technology. It also has a rewards program that gives you 3% cash back from purchases made through the app.

Pros

The biggest draw to Samsung pay is the contactless payment option, which is available to a wide variety of merchants both in person and online. Samsung pay stores your card information so you don't have to input payment information each time you initiate a transaction.

Cons

Samsung pay isn't as widely supported as other contactless payment applications which can pose as a minor inconvenience.

Siva

Samsung Pay review

Pros

As a Samsung pay user, always use my Samsung phone as wallet, very easy to use and will work at all the places even where Google pay doesn't work. Observed it will work like swipe card as well where NFC is not in place.

Cons

Biggest disappointment is rewards and is based on number of transactions and not based on amount. The awards aggregate is not so great and taking long time to use.

William

Samsung pay rocks!

Works great! I enjoy it and use it all the time. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Works great, fast, easy to setup and use and is convenient as opposed to carrying my wallet. If I forget my wallet I can still pay for things.

Cons

Doesn't work on rooted phones which stinks for power users. I wish it would work with rooted phones and it would be perfect!

Industry: Supermarkets

Samsung answer to apple pay

Pros

It integrates with all Samsung systems mostly phones *I had this option on my windows phone* and allows for one touch payment. The advantage to this is that it's unhackable as your code is constantly being changed and it has less prompts than a typical pay system. From a POS perspective it's just one more way to take payments from customers.

Cons

No real complaints, the implementation at the store level took a little longer than expected but I think it's due to our infrastructure but other than that no complaints.

Melissa Louise

Spectacular application

Let's promote the digital payment for the better life.

Pros

Samsung pay is spectacular mobile payment application, it makes my life more easier. Doesn't need to bring wallet and cash when I go out and want to purchase anything.

Cons

Can't say anything bad regarding Samsung Pay because it is also accepted worldwide and didn't have cons for all Samsung users.

Abraham

The Best Mobile Wallet

We were able to process and keep track of client payments as well as set-up reimbursements. Having this option was very convenient as many of our clientele would not carry adequate cash and we did not have any other credit/debit card processing system in place.

Pros

This app can be utilized in both a professional and personal capacity as a digital wallet for processing, making, and keeping digital track of payments, bills, and money transfers. I still use this product in my personal life today even though I no longer work with the company that introduced me to it. If you don't feel like rummaging through your wallet for your plastic, plenty of big name stores have implemented this software into their check-out systems.

Travis

My preferred mobile payment app

I've never had any issues with the app, and I feel very safe using it anywhere.

Pros

You can use practically any card including visa gift cards. You can also store your membership cards for a slimmer wallet.

Cons

I am not that crazy about all of the targeted advertisements, but I guess it comes with the convenience.

Lisa

The way to go for convenience but can be annoying

I love the convenience but its need for wanting you to interact with it can be annoying.

Pros

I like the fact that it’s on your phone without needing to download anything. Being able to only take your phone and not your whole wallet is a major plus. Fingerprint identification is also nice. Receipts emailed to you regarding products paid for is a great feature that keeps you in the know for where your money is going through the app.

Cons

I have an issue with the “opening slide” being on the bottom of my phone (S8+). There have been many times when I opened it without wanting to. I also do not like notifications sent that a particular location uses Samsung Pay AFTER I leave. It would have been more helpful to let me know ahead of time. I also would like to be able to get a list of stores that take Samsung Pay. I’ve scoured the web looking for such a list but haven’t run across it. The app has incentives that pop up from time to time for points and upping your “level” but there’s no way to turn it off.

Philippe

Works well in any stores

It just works as you want it to most if not all the time.

Pros

It just simply works, quick, easy to set up, no problem, very straight forward, and very responsive.

Cons

Could use a bit more features and it often starts when you just want to get to the menu of the phone, so the placement is not ideal.

Angelique Faith

Pay anytime with just a tap

Just a Tap!

Pros

Samsung pay keeps my all cards in one place and the great in this application is you can pay anytime and anywhere with just a tap on your devices.

Cons

If you are a samsung pay user you will definitely don't have any complaints and issue with this product.

Alex

Used to be better

I like this app but I used to love it when I earned points for using Samsung Pay. This was such a disappointment and caused me to not continue having Samsung Pay be my go-to payment method. I like the convenience of having my cards in one secure spot on my phone in the event that I forget my wallet in the car or at home. The cash back offers are great and easy to cashout-no minimum required. I recommend this to anyone with a Samsung phone.

Pros

Easy to set up and use Secure Cash back offers Ability to add reward cards and vaccination card alerts you of offers when near to a store

Cons

I am disappointed that the rewards feature of Samsung pay was removed

4.54/5 out of 147 reviews