(1,961)

1,961

• Pros

• "I love that it was able to get my store up and running easily, and looks amazing. It has made my life so much easier since starting using it."

• "This app is easy to use. Makes my business run smoother. It works seamlessly for me and I enjoy using it."

• "Definitely a great value! It’s a simple software and very pleasant in use. All in one integration. I loved using it!"

• Cons

• "The only downside is that it is not free. but the prices are absolutely fair, if not even rather low."

• "I found that it could be a bit cumbersome in terms of deploying code, and handling build tools running on node.js, though this was easy enough to work around."

• "Sometimes the back end office may be cumbersome to use but, but even with this they help with great customer service to navigate you the right way"

Browse Shopify Reviews

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub Ltd

Want to start Drop Shipping? Meet Shopify!

Generally, Shopify has been an awesome service. I was able to build many sites with it. Ecommerce and Drop shipping is very easy with Shopify. With Shopify, I didn't have to bother about hosting my store or making my site secure. All these were taken care of by Shopify. It's ease of use for drop shipping is second to none, and I didn't have to be a programmer to enjoy it. The only turn off I had while starting was the initial cost because I wanted to start on a very lean budget. It's ease of use is beautiful. Using Shopify is fun.

Pros

I love many things about Shopify. Honestly, I've not fallen in love with any other alternative as much as I have with Shopify. The pros of Shopify includes: 1. No Hosting required: This is a beautiful part of Shopify. With Shopify, I never had to worry about purchasing a hosting plan. Shopify hosts all merchant accounts on their server. 2. Free SSL: I love this a lot. With some other alternatives, a user may need to purchase an SSL certificate to keep his/her site safe, but not with Shopify. Shopify provides free SSL for all users. 3. Easy to use: With Shopify, I was able to get up and running in about half an hour. No programming skills required. Customising and tweaking everything can be done in about an hour. This is beautiful compared to alternatives. 4. Free trials: Shopify allows a new user to tryout it's services for complete two weeks without paying any money if the user desires. Being curious, I had to try the free service before deciding to make any purchase. 5. Easy to install apps: Shopify have apps to help users add functionalities to their websites. The apps are very easy to install. Their are both free and premium apps on Shopify. 6. Easy payment collection: Shopify has it's own payment system for users. This allows users collect payment for products and services from their customers. The payment processing fee varies from plan to plan. 7. Easy to integrate with drop shipping services: A large chunk of Shopify users are drop shippers. This is a plus.

Cons

Inasmuch as I so much love Shopify, honestly, there are a few turn offs. They include: 1. Expensive: For a starter, Shopify may be very expensive compared to alternatives like woocommerce. With woocommerce, a user can build a free forever ecommerce/ drop shipping site. The user only need to purchase a hosting service and an SSL certificate if need be. 2. Some apps are not available: I opted to using another payment gateway other than Shopify's. The issue I had was that I couldn't find the app for my desired payment processor on the App store. By this, I was compelled to use another payment processor. 3. Premium Apps: Shopify apps helps users add features to their websites. The con here is that many of the apps are premium apps, and should be paid for. This means that apart from the money one have to pay to use Shopify, the one still need to pay some more to have his/her desired apps installed. This can be a turn off for newbies, and others users. Apart from those cons, Shopify is a beautiful app to use.

Trevor from Disruptive Advertising

The only platform I would use for Ecommerce

I work with a lot of websites that are ecommerce-based, and the headaches you'd expect to come with complex ecosystems are so much less frequent with Shopify than they are with Magento, BigCommerce, etc. While other systems frustrate me to a point where I say "eh, I just won't even try to do 'task x' ", Shopify has a simple enough engine and vast enough app store that I feel like very few tasks are insurmountable.

Pros

From startup stores to enterprise solutions, Shopify has a structure that any site can use (and excel with). The templates available give each store a 'custom' feel, and the platform-side checkout solution prevents a lot of hiccups and downtime that would be caused by inexperienced developers trying to manipulate that crucial step in the funnel.

Cons

Lately (fall 2019), Shopify has had quite a bit of downtime. Because they host so many stores, it appears their servers can get overwhelmed during heavy seasons, causing slower responses and even causing stores to crash. Since the stores are all somewhat linked, this can cause issues for a large amount of stores, killing sales and harming customer reputation.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

The simplicity of adding products to Shopify is a must for start-up stores and stores that release new products fast. And for any brand that is primed for growth, the structure behind Shopify is truly the best for scaling, even from a cost perspective.

Lee'Ann from Social Vibe Marketing, Inc.

Shopify is easy to launch and manage

My overall experience has been positive using Shopify as my shopping cart for my store. I felt the transition from Magento was pretty simple - although I did not do the migration that is an option, I ended up starting a brand new site.

Pros

I currently use Shopify for my side hustle business - selling retro and vintage style dresses online - www.retrovintagedresses.com I previously used Magento for my shopping cart before switching over to Shopify. I like that its an easy platform to get set up on and deploy. Also, I love that you can easily create a catalog on business manager to sell products on Facebook and Instagram. Definitely easy to use.

Cons

I dont have any cons that I can think of with Shopify. Ive been using it for over 2 years and have not had any major issues or set backs.

MARY GARVEY from CRC WHOLESALE REDEFINED

Industry: Wholesale

Thought I was signing up for an Integrated POS System and Website

Feels like Shopify sucks you in and is not transparent. When you realize what the system doesnt do...they apologize and are very kind but not very helpful. There are a bunch of awkward apps you can buy to fix the problems but they dont work very well. Wish someone would just make an easy functioning system that met business that sell inventory on line and in person.

Pros

It is easy to get a website up and running. Adding products is easy.

Cons

WHERE DO I BEGIN: -inventory records only go back three months...I was horrified to find out I lost 4 months of inventory records. -to print a receipt...you need to buy and download an app...it is awkward to use and takes a couple minutes for the receipt to upload before you can print it. -to have employees log in you need to download and app and pay monthly -you can not do a credit on someones account if they return something...You need to either return their money or give them a gift card it is awkward and difficult to use. -if you mark an order pending payment you cannot take payment on the POS system. -you cannot add any vender information that is not visible to your customers. -the duplicate feature when adding products doesnt work properly....to hard to explain what should be duplicated and what shouldnt but trust me it wasnt created by someone that understands business

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Seemed easier to use but there are so many missing features and using apps in conjunction with the system is awkward!!!!

heather from The Renaissance English History Podcast

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial . You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours. Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits. With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps! I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Jeremiah from Lunar Solar Group

Hands down the easiest eCommerce platform

I resisted Shopify for a long time because I absolutely love WooCommerce and the concept of open source software. Over the years Shopify has won me over with it's ease-of-use. If your site requires a very high level of complexity, i.e. dynamically generating ebooks, built-in queue technology, sophisticated subscriptions, etc. I'll usually recommend using something like WooCommerce. Or if you literally have zero budget for a website... Otherwise, it's Shopify all the way. Shopify's prices are very fair, it's easy for admins and staff alike to use, and it integrates with all the most critical 3rd party tools. There are very rare cases in which you won't have access to a technology you want, and if that's the case the API is robust enough to allow for a custom developed solution to most of those problems. Shopify is arguably the best overall eCommerce platform, with WooCommerce being the only other system that gives it a real run for its money.

Pros

Shopify is the easiest eCommerce platform and offers an excellent combination of ease-of-use and power. I love WooCommerce (have used it for site builds since 2012), but Shopify has become my new go-to for basic eCommerce builds in recent years. If you know what you're doing you can literally get a simple Shopify site up and running in less than 2 hours. The plugin and theme marketplaces on Shopify are phenomenal. They're not as extensive as the WP plugin marketplaces, but the overall quality is better, making up for the quantity gap. There are still a few holes compared to something like WooCommerce, but Shopify will do 95% of what you could imagine doing on an eCommerce site, and do it easier than anyone else. Stability may be the biggest selling point of Shopify. Because you don't control the server, database, or mid-tier code, the hard maintenance is all done by Shopify automatically. Most serious eCommerce businesses make back their subscription just in the maintenance cost savings.

Cons

Shopify is not nearly as flexible as something like WooCommerce or Magento because you don't have access to the server's backend code or the database. This makes it harder (and sometimes even impossible) to build out really sophisticated solutions to difficult data oriented problems. That said, those kinds of problems are rare and most businesses will be able to find alternative solutions. Shopify is going to run you $30/month+. Compared to a lot of the open source options out there this can feel expensive. Apps can drive that price higher very quickly. For most small businesses they're going to find themselves paying $50-$100/month for the features they need to drive their online sales. If you're willing to go without some functionality (or find a free alternative) you can keep that cost in the $30-$50/month range.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Ease of use and stability. All the other systems require more technical understanding. Even for techy people there's something nice about working with a system that just works.

Flix Manuel from Clandestina

Great option if you are a beginner on e-commerce

Our experience with Shopify has been great so far. We need to use a VPN to acces it but the customer support works perfectly and you can even code with the documentation the theme offers.

Pros

Shopify is really easy to use. It has a clean and friendly interface that allows you to predict most of your movements. A lot of free themes available. It definitely worths the money you have to pay for it. The Payment processor, web hosting and website all in the same place!

Cons

It depends too much on the theme you are using and the apps you installed. You need to read a lot and talk to other users in order to get into the right path.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

It was easier to use, less expensive and more friendly. The minimalistic themes Shopify have are just great.

Cindy from Webdevelopers911

Shopify Review

Shopify is a fantastic platform to use for small business owners! Even a starter e-commerce business has a good chance of making a lot of money just by being a part of the global Shopify community. There is a lot of money to be made on Shopify and you will not regret signing up for the 30 day free trial so please do give it a try for yourself.

Pros

What I like most about using Shopify is that as long as you are willing to put in the time and the effort that it would take to upload and name your products correctly you can sell anything on Shopify! Shopify should really be thought of as a mall and you are the owner of one store in that mall. All the customers come to the mall which is Shopify and choose products from your store. That's another thing I really like about using Shopify is that you can own a shop that sells from the smallest cheapest item to a really big store that sells lots of different products at various different prices. It's open for anyone and it is your shop that is open 24 hours a day. So you can make money even when you are asleep!

Cons

What I like least about Shopify is that while it is free for the first 30 days of using it you eventually do have to pay for the right to have your store under the umbrella of Shopify. Although there are many aspects that make up for the fact that they want a monthly payment and it is a small amount too so it really is value for money.

Hayley from Purpose Five

We Love Shopify - Our Client Loves Shopify

This is definitely the platform I recommend to people who want to sell products online.

Pros

* Easy for me to use * Easy for our client to use * Easy for the Web Developer to use * Analytics are amazing * Available apps/plugins are amazing

Cons

* Logging in is too frivolous * Shopify hasn't solved all of our online business problems or our client's problems.

Better eCommerce

Amy from Hip Gloss Productions, LLC

The Best SaaS for Small Business ECommerce

Overall it has been a good experience. I have been using it for a couple of years and look forward to all of the progress they have instore for the near future.

Pros

Great back end-user interface, super easy to use. Servers are speedy and rarely encounter issues. I love that when working with the theme you can quickly and easily create a duplicate for a staging environment before pushing your changes live. Apps are easy to install and configure. Back end code editor allows you to skip FTP or cPanel File Manager etc. For a managed software as a service product, it is top notch.

Cons

I am used to working with open source solutions such as Magento or other standalone software that I have 100% access to. It took a bit of adjustment in how I work (and frustration) to not be able to access code past the UI and API's but once I adapated I quickly could see the beauty in this easy to use platform.

Sarah from ThePaintLine

If you run a shop, you need to use Shopify!

Overall Shopify can be an extremely helpful platform for a company that is running an online store. It makes both the front and back end seamless for everyone. Once I took the time to learn my way around the website I realized that there is so much that Shopify can do, and it makes us running our company a lot easier than if we tried to build an online shop ourselves. Our whole team now utilizes Shopify on a daily basis and we love everything about it, from the retail functions right down to the design.

Pros

I love that we can provide an easy-to-use online store for our customers and seamlessly connect it to everything on the backend. I love the customization that the apps in Shopify provide, and we are utilizing things like shipping & inventory, bundle discounts, upselling, random coupons, email collection, and much more. The number of apps provided makes it easy to find the right one for your store. Our backend support team can easily view and fulfill orders and we can handle customer service right from our site. It's easy to set up and constantly update. I love that Shopify has made running an online store easy for both our management team and customer base.

Cons

Unfortunately since there are so many apps offered, it does take some time to sort through and find the right one for you. Some of them are not as customizable than others, and it can be tough to learn your way around the building platform but luckily Shopify and the app developers have awesome support teams. I'm also not a fan that you can't physically drag and drop widgets on your website like Wix can, and sometimes you need to teach yourself a bit of HTML to edit things (although again, their support team is great for helping with this). However, these are small inconveniences compared to the vast functionality of Shopify.

Randi from Randam LLC

Shopify is Go To for Building Any eCommerce Physical Product Store

Shopify is amazing. Building an e-commerce website on your own or with a developer is ultimately complex. Shopify has made this a simple experience. Building your own eCommerce site typically would require you to pay for a lot of things in all different places such as hosting with GoDaddy and a URL and then you need to buy all this different plugins from different developers. It becomes a headache. Your site can also crash and get buggy as a result. Shopify is an all-in-one solution and will usually never crash unless all of Shopify is under maintenance. It's just a really great software and a must use if you're building an eCommerce website for the first time. You can start with Shopify and most likely find all the features you need to keep your site there for the long haul.

Pros

Shopify allows even a beginner to build a really nice looking, responsive eCommerce site. You offer templates that you know help store owners be more successful. They are already designed really well and someone just needs to switch out elements to make the store their own. You made it easy to buy a domain, a template and hosting all in one place. You also have it easy to setup your sales tax which on platforms like Magento and Wordpress can requires additional plugins that can be a headache. You connect well with distribution channels such as Amazon and eBay and I can manage my inventory quantities all in one place.

Cons

Cons is of course with any DIY software limitations within the software. You also to customize this need to work with developer who really knows Shopify and deep coding experience, versus building a website on Wordpress, millions of developers know wordpress, Shopify has less true experts to choose from.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Just re-iterate before you are an all in one solution and very easy to setup, with high converting templates at your finger tips. Just start an account and plugin your products...

Chelsea from Cass Dickson

Shopify for the win!

I love that shopify will scale with my business and that there are various pricing plans that give you different options and shipping discounts. It's easy to use and has other apps that work with it so I can easily generate line sheets and product catalogues.

Pros

I love that shopify integrates seamlessly into my inventory program, social media accounts, email marketing platform, etc. They also work really well with google ads so you can add products to google shopping and run really effective retargeting ads. Their live view option is great and gives me an idea of where my customers are coming from. Their shipping discounts are also great!

Cons

The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't pick which shipping option comes first. Because one of my shipping options is "local pickup" and is free, I'd rather that not be the default shipping option (a lot of out of town customers accidentally choose local pickup and then I have to contact them and it looks unprofessional). Apart from that, it's a great platform

Jay from www.ipigeon.institute

The Shopify platform is a richly supported online and retail solution

I've attended a Shopify master class speaker event, done some studying along a roadmap towards certifications on the platform, and I've begun some nominal work upon creating web stores as a developer seeking to start establishing an E-commerce and brand management solution.

Pros

There are many aspects to the Shopify software platform, including 3rd party app development, e-commerce, retail Point-of-Sale hardware, affiliate programs for referring merchants, professional learning articles and paths to professional certifications of the Shopify platform. In addition, the Shopify experience, for users, admins, developers, partners, etc. is richly engaging with Shopify retail store events, here in downtown Los Angeles. Shopify's retail store presence features master classes from professionals who have successfully launched brands and online and physical stores using Shopify's technology and features, as well as their own third party establishments which integrate nicely within the Shopify platform.

Cons

There's a high learning curve to establishing a professional web presence in an E-commerce setting, and many steps and lessons to learn along the way, but for dedicated developers and entrepreneurs, the Shopify app is a truly viable tool for establishing an E-commerce web presence.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

It seemed that there are much more well-established marketing campaigns and user engagement with the Shopify platform.

Vy from Literary Lip Balms

Industry: Cosmetics

User-friendly platform that covers (almost) all your e-commerce needs

Shopify is still my first pick after almost a decade working with E-commerce, but with a much lesser margin than before. Squarespace and Wix offer, in my opinion, good alternatives if you don't want to put up with constantly wondering "Why isn't this function in place? Oh, I have to install an app and pay X$ every month". I would recommend Shopify for those who don't require a lot beyond the standard E-commerce solution and/or won't mind paying a bit for some pro templates and apps.

Pros

Shopify is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. It's intuitive even if you've never used an e-commerce platform before, and you're able to get by with no coding skills. The basic templates are plain, but professional and modern. Basically it covers everything you need to get started with an online business, the pricing model is fair, and there's a wealth of 3rd party plugins and templates if you require something beyond the standard functionalities.

Cons

Though I've put the 3rd party marketplace as a benefit, I'm also left with the feeling that it comes with a hidden downside. Basic functions such as bundling and customer messages on an order (which, to give an example, Etsy offers) requires a 3rd party plugin with Shopify. After so many years in the industry, I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been implemented by default. The only reason I can think of is, why would they? Customers are forced to buy an app, which makes more money for Shopify. Another pet peeve example: You cannot use more than 1 discount code unless you install an app. Which means, you can't put 10% off the entire site, and offer customers an additional discount with a code.

Brendon from Ecommerce & Digital Marketing

With all the gold standard tools for eCommerce, Shopify is fastest road to launch.

I have been rapidly deploying eCommerce customers, and they have been quite pleased with the handover. I love watching them take ownership of all the intuitive tools - the burden of training has decreased exponentially.

Pros

Shopify is a fully managed platform on the software level. Things just work all the time. No hosting hassles, code bugs, no downtime.

Cons

Certainly feels overpriced if you can launch an equivalent WooCommerce store for close to free. I don't like how their pricing model is based on access to modifying the checkout process. Templating is a new language based on the Shopify variables,

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify came across as the most quick to implement, and our fulfillment house had a boxed integration ready for it.

Jamie from NuSoft Solutions

Amazing eCommerce platform for novices and developers alike!

Pros

I've been running an eCommerce shop for 5 years on Shopify. Easy setup and easy import of products from a CSV file. The app store has a large variety of free and paid plugins that deal with all the edge cases and shortcomings of Shopify. I've been able to import multiple other platforms and convert a Shopify store in a matter of hours. The user interface is intuitive and simple to navigate. In the last few years, adding channels to sell on such as Houzz and Facebook have made a big difference in being able to get visibility into our products. The ability to quickly change themes and customize using the Liquid language is quite nice for developers using this product.

Cons

The pricing between the middle tier and advance is a big leap. The middle tier plan only allows 5 staff accounts, which can be limited, to people using development consultants and virtual staff. The ability manage redirects (from a previous site) is limited but can be fixed by using a paid app from the Shopify app store.

Good tool to manage commerce easily

Pros

Shopify is a very good to manage you ecommerce even if you don't have many departments or people helping you our with your online store. To start, it is very intuitive, both the front end and the back end part. It guides you through all the process to creating the layout of your website offering multiple templates, product pages, descriptions to the payment processing to the shipping options parts. You can do all by yourself without needing much experience. This tool offers different plans, so make sure to read and choose the one that fits better with your business model. All plans allows you to upload products with no limits. Plans focus on number of accounts and other shop features. What I like more about Shopify, is that it offers their own payment platform (with many options) so no need to bother with an external provider if you don't have one. If you do, you can integrate it too. Shopify also offers the possibility to calculate taxes according to the country and the possibility to restrict your shipping area. Some features are a bit limited but you can find many options/plug ins on the marketplace. Needless to say, just be sure to give a check of all the features of the website everytime you install a plug in.

Cons

This tool offers the possibility of create an ecommerce easily, but if you are looking for something more customizable or for a big site, you might want to check other options too. The only blocker I have found so for is the possibility to calculate taxes not only on country level but on product/group level automatically. This would be very helpful for online stores that manage multi tax items

I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses

I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest). Overall, I will still use the software.

Pros

Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me. The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Cons

Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify is specifically built to convert and make money in the e-commerce world and this is what I'm interested in. However I'd like a more complete software allowing me to pair an actual website (consulting, online courses, etc...) to this to make me full appreciate it.

Judah from Canon Solutions America

OK but MUCH room for improvement

2014 = great 2018 = terrible I would encourage rep. to contact me.

Pros

When I first signed up for Shopify 4-5 years ago I thought it was the best thing to happen to ecommerce. Gurus were knowledgeable and accessible (via phone!), the product worked beautifully and it met my needs. Now that my business has grown and I'm finding that Shopify is not set up to handle a business of high growth. Shopify has grown so fast that the average conversation with a Guru has dropped from outstanding to barely acceptable. Most of the time, the I know more than the Gurus. Follow up from the gurus is also terrible. You can still reach them by phone but if you need to speak to someome in the company with more experience, you can only access them via email and they take FOREVER to get to you. So you can forget about getting any help from someone with real knowledge of the product. The native functionality is also only good for very basic businesses. For example, if you need to ship a single item in multiple boxes, you can forget about doing that natively in the app or taking advantage of their discounted shipping rates. If you want to get a custom app built, you can forget about getting any support on the API from the gurus because they don't know anything about API. Again, there is no escalation point for customers who have a higher level of needs. Want help from the Shopify Expert community? You can forget about being called and speaking to someone local. Most won't do it, I've tried. If you get a response, the best you'll get is an email that reads something alo

Cons

ng the lines of "I can do this for you." and it's from someone on the other side of the world that has no clue about you, your business, your country or it's customs. I could go on and on but in summary, I am HIGHLY disappointed with the level of support and in 4 years have gone from a loyal, enthusiastic customer to a highly disgruntled customer looking for new options.

Brandon from Energy Training Resources

Very easy to get started with advanced features for those who need it

For the price of the software, it is hard to complain about anything. It is super easy to set up and manage, tons of usability and plugins for advanced features, great customer service.

Pros

Shopify is very easy to get started with. It practically holds your hand with simple shops and the plugins make for a robust software that almost anyone can make use of. I use it primarily for selling eLearning courses. Shopify has plugins available for most LMS software. Simply connect the LMS to Shopify with a plugin, input the course identifier, with my LMS it is a string of numbers and letters that is unique to each course, then set the price and start selling. When you sell a course through Shopify, the purchaser automatically gets login information for the LMS and is automatically assigned the course they purchased. Shopify has a couple of options for setting up a shop. The first option, which is the easiest, is to create a storefront within Shopify that is like a website, just for your store. It is very easy to pick a theme and then just type in the information. The storefront through Shopify looks very professional and is worth it if you just need a simple storefront. The second option is the buy button, which I use for my companies website. This way, if you already have a website, you can just use Shopify to generate a code that will give you a button to place on your website. There are other options I rarely use such as generating a code for email which is similar to the buy button but I am sure it would be very useful for those wishing to email out their products. There are so many plugins to sell different ways that there would be too much to post in this review. The customer service is top-notch. They respond quickly and when I needed something, they worked with me until it was resolved. The last customer service need I had took a few tries to get everything going but they kept at it until it was fixed.

Cons

The only con I have is for a lot of the advanced usage, you will need plugins for anything beyond selling simple items, like I said before, this is a pro but it can be a con at the same time. Some of the plugins are simple and free but a lot have an extra cost to either purchase the plugin or a monthly fee to use the plugin. The creators of the plugins do need the pay, that is understandable, but most are out of small businesses', like my company's, budget.

Shopify is a Clean, Responsive E-commerce Solution

Helped a friend setup multiple online businesses.

Pros

If you want to stick to just basics and you need a clean, responsive E-commerce site, then Shopify is for you. No programming knowledge is required and there are many fine templates to choose from, and you can always find more. If you are interested in starting online, Shopify is a good choice because it offers a PCI compliant and secure shopping cart and payment gateway solution. Adding products to Shopify is surprisingly fast and easy but you are limited to 100 Variants. Shipping integration with USPS, UPS and Fedex is included and integrates with many popular software via Add ons. Things like email marketing, product feeds, and popups are easy to find and setup. And you can export your products to Google, and setup customer reviews with some other add ons. Having all these extra with add ons is both good and bad, and customers should be aware of the small downsides to Shopify.

Cons

Most things come included, however any extra customization requires some kind of add-on with monthly charge. Thankfully they have a good amount of add-ons to choose from, but most have fake reviews. Shopify much like other modern shopping carts is unable to store credit cards, out of the box. If your business needs to charge a customer for re-shipping, you have to create an invoice each time using an addon or creating a new order. Customer support is responsive but very general, but the basic Shopify will suit most small business owners. I am however not like most people, and like more customization. You cannot customize things too much other than what templates and add ons offer. Development on Shopify is highly difficult and goes above and beyond html / css however you can make some small changes like adding an image, or a link, a variable, or a tracking script with a look in their help center.

Shreyank from Salt By the Caza Project Ltd.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Best Ecommerce Platform for Startup Business !

My current job is as a Shopify web developer and I almost use it Shopify daily for all of the store operations and website development. It is quite easy to develop products for clients and setting up the store since they have some amazing tutorials and once you get used to it, it will be easier to get along with the process. I will definitely suggest Shopify for any startup business or for any online business company since they have some amazing features which make your website eye-catching and user-friendly with easy navigation.

Pros

It's very easy to set up an online store without any hassle with coding, one can easily start their business and grow their business accordingly. They have a lot of apps and themes published by talented developers which is really helpful in online shopping experience. So, Ease in setting up and selling is one can desire from any e-commerce Software.

Cons

Some features like collections, navigation is still not so easy and hard for the beginner to understand. Although, they have lots of tutorials and guides and a huge community to support which makes it easier as well.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Wordpress is also an eCommerce platform but to set up and develop a business is not as beginner-friendly as Shopify is. Shopify have a great tutorials and forums of developers ready to help in almost anything. While with Wordpress as a developer I find a bit difficult compared to I learned with Shopify.

Brady from Paddywax

The Best Solution for eCommerce-Focused Brands

Overall, my experience has been great! Sales have gone up since we moved to Shopify and it's easy to learn and teach to new employees!

Pros

The management and selling of products is the focus of this platform, and it nails it on that front. The backend order management, checkout process, and fulfillment processes are super easy to use.

Cons

If you want to make a beautiful site with custom-feeling pages, Shopify might not be for you. The homepage is relatively customizable but beyond that there isn't much flexibility unless you know how to code.

Igor from AmazoniaPPC

If you're starting an online ecommecte business Shopify is a Go to!

Shopify is awesome for online selling no matter if your shop is small or a big one. You can keep it with few products only or you can scale it to thousands. Additional plans are available for more in depth reporting and functionalities too.

Pros

I like the fact that Shopify team did a great job in making it easy to setup and use. You can literally set it up in minutes, get yourself around in hours and be up and selling in a day. Another awesome thing is that Shopify is integrated with almost everything out there, you name it. There are tons of free and paid apps that extend the functionality and/or simplify things. User interface is already optimized for optimal user experience and shopping so no need to worry there too.

Cons

The least, and probably the only thing I don't like in Shopify is the traffic source attribution. Now, this is something that will bother you when you are already gaining some pretty good sales and want to know more about where the traffic is coming from. Is it because of some blog post you've made? Is it because of the Facebook campaign? Is it from Google Ads or pure organic traffic? Now those are good problems to have to be honest, but when it comes to that I've experienced a lot of issues in determining those details. There are number of reports to give you an insight where the traffic is coming from, but to my personal preferences I find it lacking in details. Again, if this is something that is ok with you, go for it you will not regret it.

Jaron from Utah Maids

I have successfully built 5+ websites with Shopify

Pros

If you want to build an ecommerce website and you have little to no experience with web development, then Shopify is your place to go. Anybody can easily get something set up in less than a day and begin selling immediately. I have created multiple websites on Shopify for myself and it is a very user-friendly platform with a lot of basic functionality that you will need in your business. Shopify can automate many steps in the process of selling products, and it will also act as a central hub for all your customer and product information. If I wanted to set up a website from scratch or piecing together other applications, it would take a lot of time and proabably cost me a lot more than the monthly cost of Shopify.

Cons

Shopify is perfect for getting you going and it's great if you have a pretty standard and straightforward product line. If, however, you need to have some kind of a custom made function on your website, it's possible you can run into some hurdles. Shopify is in a tricky situation where they are trying to cater to those with little tech skills, but also needs to be able to work well with those that DO have the tech skills and want to customize things. One thing that is frustrating with Shopify is you're limited in certain ways when it comes to customizing website themes. You also are not allowed to upload your own theme. You must purchase the theme through Shopify. You are limited in your ability to customize the checkout page on your website.

Ryan from Rebagg

It is a good software- would recommend to try it out

Pros

Good UI but some of the simple options available with other ecommerce products are unavailable or cost extra. For example, if you want to calculate shipping for each item (as opposed to a flat shipping charge) you have to pay extra monthly. Also, you cannot adjust image sizes. If you want a different size image for the category page and the product page, you have to upload 2 images.

Cons

This may be a good platform to start your online experience with, despite the high fees.However, I've run into an unexpected hurdle that I can not seem to resolve. I have had a chargeback (stolen credit card) from an order. It was settled, I had to pay out of my pocket. After I covered the chargeback willingly to keep my store operating, they froze my orders and would not let my money out of my account. They have started a fraud investigation on me, and requested my re-seller agreements and shipping and tracking information for my latest orders, which I produced promptly. This is not the frustrating part. I understand the importance of security and fraud prevention and would assist in any way I can to resolve the issue. It has now been two weeks since I submitted all the required information for review, and I have not heard anything back. No, we've received it and it's in review no we need more information. NOTHING. I have been calling back and they would not let me talk to the person who requested the information from me, because he is either out of the office, or we are unable to transfer your call directly to him. I have sent many emails directly to the investigator, starting off with nice and progressively more frustrated, but still professional and non-offensive.

Flutra from Solaborate LLC

Best e-Commerce store

Simply love the DIIIIINGGGG on my phone when I get a sale :) Honestly, it is quite easy to use it and lots of material on the help center plus I was positively surprised with their technical support, on many occasions they were very professional and very helpful. Add shipping costs for all the countries is kind of painful hopefully you guys will make some option to add the same rule for all the countries or something, at the moment we are using a plugin for that but would prefer the option available on Shopify

Pros

The best part about the Shopify is that allows you to code on the offered themes, but even if you are not an advanced developer their support is always there to guide every step of the way.

Cons

One thing that hopefully is soon going to be fixed is to be able to track the sales in more details and also be able to tell if the order is fraudulent or not. But for the latter, they come up with a good solution, not the ideal one but it gives me comfort.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Chose Shopify because of its features compared to BigCommerce Shopify is way more advanced and quite frankly way more affordable.

Vishal from Pipe dreams store / dolla9 store / etc

Best E-commerce platform in the market

I have tried several similar platforms but Shopify is hands down the best E-commerce platform in the market. Definitely will recommend to all new entrepreneurs who are trying to learn drop shipping.

Pros

Shopify is the best platform for drop shipping and also for retailers who want to take their shop online. Anyone with no previous experience with web designing can also easily set up a shop and start selling globally. The dashboard is very user friendly and they also have tips and instructions displayed upfront to help you set up easily. It also has a 14 day trial that allows you to set up things and check out if your products are working. The customer service team is also quick to respond, I was not able to attach my card to one of my stores due to some issues with my bank and when I informed them that I was not able to take my shop online because of this and the trial period was about to come to an end and they extended the trial for me in just one request made via email. Once your website is set up it also has additional applications to help you add inventory, up sell products, send automatic emails, track orders, basically all that you will ever need to run an online store is taken care off all under one platform. I would rate it 10/10

Cons

Shopify has no cons to be honest. Everything works fine from the day you set it up and you do not need to patch or upgrade anything ever. The basic fee per month is also money well spent for all the amazing features. Its all just upto you to market your products and get sales to keep ur shop running.

Chelsee from Pawstruck.com

Highly recommend for all eCommerce

I can't imagine using any other platform for our website/sales home base. We actually acquired another company using a different platform for their website and are looking to migrate as soon as possible.

Pros

Shopify is both simple and powerful. An individual could easily set it up on their own, but there are lots of options and great features if you have a team/experience.

Cons

While you can achieve most things via the various apps that are available, there is some functionality that seems like it should be available natively in Shopify. For instance, there isn't built-in functionality for customers to filter products while browsing. If you have more than just a few products, this is very necessary. You can take care of it with apps, but it would nice if things like this were available from Shopify out of the box.

Jennifer from Hellhound Leather Company, LLC

Best Value for your Money

Pros

Shopify provides you with the solid framework to create a successful webstore very easily and for a good value. The templates they have available are reasonably priced and allow you, if you have an eye for design and a head for layout and organization, to make a very high quality and professional looking webstore with only a little effort. I really appreciate that Shopify provides a "all in one solution" for small businesses like mine to manage their web presence. Shopify has the basic reporting I need (at the basic level, advanced reports are available with bigger plans) and integrates with many apps for reviews and customization and planning and management etc. Shopify also provides you with your code base so that you can REALLY customize if you have a programmer at your disposal. However, I LOVE that it CAN be an all in one solution for anyone with basic computer skills. Their customer service, the two times I needed help, was responsive and helpful - so thats another plus. Without Shopify we couldn't have gotten our business off the ground - so we can't say enough good. I've tried both Wix and Big Commerce, but for an easy to use and fair priced website - Shopify is the BEST value for your dollar, hands down!

Cons

I really don't have many complaints. I wish I had more access to certain reporting features, but I CAN have access if I choose to upgrade my plan. But thats on me, not Shopify, because I choose to stay at the basic plan. There was one day, in the last six months, where they seemed to have trouble processing and loading and hosting my site -- but one day in six months isn't bad.

Kevin S. from Badgley Mischka Home

Industry: Furniture

Great potential and possibility, but cannot skip tech spend

Shopify is riding a popularity wave right now which makes integrations plentiful and easy. Their CDN is fast and dependable. If you dedicate a decent development contractor budget, you'll be fine. If you try to do it solely on your own, it is very time consuming.

Pros

The interface is easy enough to understand that, even if a programmer has rewritten the entire site in unique liquid code, someone unfamiliar with the platform could verify order information, write blog posts, refund customers, etc. Businesses require collaboration so this is certainly advantageous. Plugins/apps don't crowd the original UI so your main menu will always stay the same. Finally, Shopify is a major, for-profit market force which compels older applications to update to become compatible, and also new entrants elect to work solely with shopify. WooCommerce users demonstrate that they don't want to pay for even basic expenses. In this way, it separate to two extremes what wordpress tries to meet in the middle. WP has a short, steep learning curve with a lot of interface changes with plugins.

Cons

Always another tech language that's used, always another developer required. Customization nearly always requires a developer if its beyond swapping photos or fonts. Products with complex dependent variants do not work past a certain number of options. Limited. Be very wary of Shopify's app for Google products (ads, tags). These are essential for remarketing and configuration is often better done through coding and google than one of shopify's apps.

Great Online Store Builder for Beginners

I will say the first time I used Shopify I was very impressed with how easy it was to work in. I got a call from a friend who runs a non-profit. He had his designer bail on him after saying he would start the project in Shopify. I took at look and after getting into the system it was clear the other designer had done nothing with my buddy's web site. I had never used their system before but the interfaces were very easy to work in and we had his full site created with all of his products (about 30+) listed online and selling by the end of the day. It was pretty sweet to get that knocked out for him and because of that experience I have been using and recommending Shopify to clients where the system fits their needs. I definitely would not recommend it if you run retail stores with more the one location or if you need true inventory control, or accounting software syncing. Shopify is designed for the small retailer or business owner who is looking to get selling online for the first time. It works great and is very affordable for what it does. As you grow it may not be a fit anymore, but if you have sales coming in then you hopefully have the money to pay for switching to another system as well.

Pros

- Really easy for beginners to build an online store; you can literally build a store in a matter of minutes - Does not require any coding knowledge - Excellent interface to work in - Great built-in tools for working with social media networks - Fantastic choice if you have a small inventory and are wanting to dip you toe into the e-commerce world cheaply

Cons

- Reporting is a bit lack luster for medium to larger businesses - Inventory tracking is not good if you need more than just quantity on the shelf - If you have a lot of products and skus it can become hard to manage products; their system is truly targeted to smaller merchants or business owners selling out of their garage - Does not sync with Desktop accounting software

Gayana from Expedia Group

the BEST e-commerce software available

THE BEST PERIOD. no other e-commerce platform compares.

Pros

Shopify has many benefits: 1) extremely easy to navigate platform - they make everything so user friendly and beautiful. tons of images to visually keep you engages and interested while using 2) shopify blogs, help articles, education portal, and resources are AMAZING. This is the single best company I've ever seen that offers so much education and help for FREE. This is very helpful for a small business owner doing everything yourself. 3)thousands of apps available to further the shopify experience and add to your store to do anything possible. 4)cost effective - they offer so much for the most basic plan and you can even pause your subscription whenever you need to

Cons

sometimes the apps are not quality made and can slow down your store or not work properly, and sometimes you can't find help on really detailed things that are related to coding/building your site in a customized way. I also don't like that only the first page in your site is drap/drop and easy to create without coding/html experience, and all other pages you add have to be custom coded. This is not easy for 90% of the population who are not web developers. If they can do it for the landing page, they should provide it for any page you want to add to your site. I'd even be willing to pay more.

Berry from Crystal Joys

Shopify Perks & Shortcomings

Overall, Shopify is the clear leader in their industry. Do they have shortcomings? Sure. But compared to their competitors, the shortcomings are few and far between. After all, no system will ever be exactly perfect to your unique business unless you decide to build your own software which comes with the glitches and lack of functionality that building your own software entails.

Pros

AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Shopify is entirely unparalleled in this regard. Their live chat option is not only convenient but staffed by PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! They are not an outside tech support and it is clear how well each of them is versed in the system and its capabilities. Another amazing feature about Shopify is the plethora of apps that are available in order to customize your system (many of which are free!). This means that if Shopify is lacking in any way in terms of your particular business needs, there is definitely an app for it.

Cons

1. They dont allow for multiple warehouses/locations in their inventory system! 2. They dont allow for cost of goods (COGs) vs. Retail pricing in their system which means it is completely useless for any inventory management or accounting needs 3. Their inventory system doesn't have an "inventory taking" system built in which means it has to be done manually (NOT an option for anyone who has ever had to actually manage an inventory. which i assume is ALL of us) Overall, their shortcomings are ENTIRELY within the inventory department which is such an essential aspect of running a business and book keeping.

Dave from Soaring Eagle LLC

Is Shopify A Good E-Commerce Platform?

I have nothing but good experiences to now with Shopify. There have been times when we had to enlist the support team to work through issues, and they were there every time to get things right fast. That is why I still maintain stores on the Shopify platform.

Pros

I have used Shopify for some of my e-commerce stores for 18 months and have had a good experience with the platform. It is very easy to set-up and gets to the business of selling quickly. For the new person who is entering the e-commerce online marketing segment, that will help a lot. Rather than working through the challenges of setting up a website and designing it so it works well, you have a ready solution and can upgrade later as you gain experience with widgets and add-ons that will work seamlessly with the platform and help you sell more.

Cons

I do think that over time the costs go up too much for using the platform. Initially, it will not cost much, but as you grow your business, the monthly costs will go up for using the platform and any add-ons that you may use. This is not really a con in some way since you are going to be earning more. It is something that the entrepreneur needs to be aware of and plan for. As in any business, there is a cost for having the resources you need.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I used a combination of the three platforms, and have stuck with all three. Having 18 months of experience using each, I can say that Shopify is the easiest to start with, but more expensive to maintain and operate over time.

Isaac from John & Charles Wesley Center, Inc.

Shopify is a great e-commerce solution

Overall Shopify is a great platform for having an online presence in the e-commerce world.

Pros

Shopify is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to begin making money (provided that you have customers). Their platform integrates with tons of other software, apps, and features. They provide very aesthetically pleasing themes (both free and paid), and their app store is full of add-on services to help optimize your e-commerce business.

Cons

Shopify can be a bit expensive if you go for the middle or highest tier. Also, there is a bit of a learning curve for optimizing your store (particularly if you are using drop shipping).

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

WooCommerce is not self-hosted, faster, more robust, and overall a superior product to WooCommerce.

Aly from Cotopaxi

No-Brainer For Startups

Seriously awesome tool for start-ups. A little room for a few improvements, but overall, would definitely recommend.

Pros

Great e-comm product. Easy to use, easy to build reports, and if you're looking for a little more customization, it's easy to find the plugin you need. Customer Support was quick and helpful (I should mention that my experience has been with Shopify Plus, that has a chat system). It integrates seamlessly with most platforms.

Cons

It started to get a little tricky as we expanded as a business. For one, you can only have one system admin. This became a headache as we had to hunt down the 1 person who could approve a charge, before moving forward with anything. It also got a little trickier to work with as we wanted to move further from "out of the box" Shopify set-up. Custom PDPs, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

UX/UI was 100x better, and was simpler to use.

Solid platform with some odd challenges

I love the reporting and scalability features of the Shopify platform. It is slightly expensive for a start up so I caution store owners to be careful going all in as the store sales may not support the expense for a while. If you're running a solid store with regular sales, you're in good shape. The apps and marketing channel features make it a great platform to grow a business with.

Pros

I love the experience that Shopify has in the field of ecommerce. They have been in the trenches long enough to have covered most of the pressing issues for online store owners. They offer a great variety of apps to enhance the functionality of the store. One of their best features is the use of their shipping account. The pricing is great for your customers and it is simple for you to manage. Shipping calculations have historically been a huge challenge and they have done a good job of addressing that.

Cons

The support is slightly lacking in my opinion. The techs are all polite but too often you are met with a "we don't support 3rd party themes" response/brush off. I understand that they shouldn't have to troubleshoot a problem that is the result of a 3rd party or custom theme, they should be able to provide some basic direction on where to look for a solution instead of just referring you back to the developer of the theme. In many cases, we purchase themes from a membership site like Envato and it comes with no support. It's a problem that begs a solution. I'm disappointed in Shopify that they haven't recognized the issue and addressed it in a more proactive manner.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

We made the decision to go with Shopify for this client because they are in a position to scale up quickly and will benefit from the wide range of available apps.

Donna from Incendio Beauty

Industry: Cosmetics

Shopify is an absolute MUST for e-commerce.

When I first launched my online store, I used squarespace. After a year, I switched to Shopify because we could easily adjust the shipping fee for the different countries. Plus, Shopify has that connection with FB, Instagram, Pinterest, and Amazon .. you can't beat that.

Pros

There are so many things I love about Shopify and their customer service is at the top of the least. They have 24/7 availability to chat live with a representative. As an entrepreneur, sometimes you are working late into the evening (past midnight) and someone is always available to answer your questions! I am floored by this. And if they do not have an answer, the representative will reach out to other employees and email you back with the solution. Excellent service.

Cons

There isn't much I don't love about Shopify. They connect with FB and instagram and sell on those platforms, they provide excellent analytics, easy information for shipping internationally, and many templates and apps to help elevate your business.

Neville from Charmed Creations LLC

I should have switched to Shopify sooner!

Shopify customer service is pretty amazing. They are knowledgeable and easily help you with anything site related. Customer service is not quick to get you off the phone, they truly seem like they want to help me succeed and even offer up suggestions on things I didnt know about for my store...I feel like each time I have had the need to contact customer service, not only do they resolve whatever issue I was having, they leave me with even more knowledge so I can excel my website. I've only had one issue that was unpleasant and that was when Shopify resynced my products to google. I was getting really good traffic and when they did the resync, all my sessions dropped to maybe 15-20 per day. Im still recovering from that because I was doing about 500 sessions per day before they did the resync. Wish they would have told me it would cause a pause in sessions because it turned out the products were already synced with google and live on the shopping ad I have running but for some reason these products showed as pending on the shopify side. They really didnt do much to check into that before doing the resync so this is quite frustrating that I lost my momentum with google.

Pros

Anyone can create a great looking website with little effort or knowledge about building websites. A little bit of a learning curve but after that I found Shopify to be quite easy to use.

Cons

I really dont understand the need for all the apps. It forces you to have to speak with third parties when issues arise with the apps. I feel the majority of the apps offer features that should already be integrated within Shopify but since the apps I've needed are free (for now) Im ok with this. I know big commerce uses apps too.

Sachith from Pearson

The Best E-commerce Platform

we recommend Shopify as the first choice for e-commerce sites. As it has tons of features, extremely easy to use, fast, secure, and much more. This is the reason why most big brands like the New York Times Shop, Penguin Books, Red Bull, and even Tesla uses Shopify for their e-commerce websites.

Pros

Secure: Most of the people might prefer Shopify for their e-commerce store or website because it ensures the safety of their platform. As many of these stores have to deal with the credit cards, so they cannot go for self-hosting. Fast and easy to use: Using Shopify means less loading time for your web pages, which also means faster means of business. Plus Shopify handles your PCI compliance as well. Moreover, you have easy access to all your business aspects whether it is sending/receiving payments or customizing your store, Shopify has it all.

Cons

Charges: Shopify comes with all these amazing features but none of it comes for free. You will have to pay a decent amount for that. Besides the monthly fee, you will have to pay a transaction fee if your buying or selling something to a third party. Other than that, you will have to pay if you install any app. Marketing: If you are used to working on Wordpress, then Shopify is not the kind of site you'll like. Shopify does not have a good solution for the content marketing of blogs.

Katie from Druid Chains

Great for Larger Businesses - Not for Smaller

Shopify is still a software that I would revisit if I were to grow beyond what I can handle with my Etsy and Square current combination. Shopify has a lot of positive things to it that I can see would be incredibly useful to larger companies, but after over a year of using the software for eCommerce, it wasn't working for my incredibly small business. ROI just wasn't there - more because, I'm sure, I wasn't taking advantage of some of the features because I frankly couldn't handle the expense. If you've got more of a budget for eCommerce, advertising, and website management, this is a great piece of SaaS.

Pros

The flexibility to create/control my entire website was nice. There are quite a few functions that are absolutely critical to successful retail, like coupons, abandoned carts, etc. It's great for having multiple brands as well, as you can indicate which brand is attached to which item if needed.

Cons

You need to add apps for almost everything. I spent more time managing my website than I did creating new items while I was using Shopify, and I got little to no return on it. There are apps for importing items from other sites (like Etsy), apps for mailing lists, apps for just about everything you can name. Most of them cost - so there is more to the cost of Shopify than the monthly fees.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify seemed (and was) easier to manage and set up than either BigCommerce or Wix sites. It's user friendly, even if you do have to add apps for almost everything.

Danielle from King Ice

I always appreciate how easy Shopify is to use.

Overall, we have been able to solution things from, wholesale lock screens, to making a new site very easily. To app plug ins that help with fraud, and tracking analytics.

Pros

The best parts about this software are the fact that anyone can use it. Even people who are not well versed in E-commerce. It is fantastic for stores of all sizes, and now it can manage multiple warehouses. I love the support we get with Shopify PLUS, and every time I have issues or am looking for app solutions they point me in the right direction.

Cons

My associates get confused when the UX updates piece by piece, I personally do not mind it, but day to day as they do updates it can look different, and I need to explain to them this is how you would update a large platform like this.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

It is much easier to use and does not require an architect to manage.

A pretty good option for a small business!

Overall, Shopify has made it simple to showcase and sell our product to customers all over the world. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone considering opening a small business.

Pros

As an employee of a (very) small business--just me and one other full-time employee, and a handful of part-time folks--I was so relieved to find an e-retail option that had just the right amount of functionality. We only offer a couple hundred products, so we didn't need something exhaustive. And because a number of our employees were part-time, we needed something with a low bar for entry. We found it! It's Shopify. Shopify makes it easy to add, edit, and update product pages, giving our online store a sleek and simple look that's easy to navigate. It also has a ton of handy guides for updating your site and ecommerce tips overall. I learned so much from their features on social media!

Cons

Every once in a while, it's difficult to format a page in the way that we want. Our landing page was especially difficult, and we had to rotate through a couple template options before we found one that worked for our industry. We sometimes feel that Shopify wasn't especially geared for our inventory processing needs, though it would be much simpler for someone who was only selling a couple kinds of products.

The best software for your business

Overall it is a great experience using Shopify. Its so easy to use I can spend hours just playing around with the visual aspect and exploring other features to improve my website and overall business. Sometime just searching for your query in the help section brings very clear step by step instructions. It is also good for both small large businesses with various plans available to fit your needs.

Pros

Shopify is really fantastic. At first I was put off by the cost but the ease of use and customer service is excellent. It is really easy to create a beautiful website with minimal effort. The theme choices are great and the apps that work with Shopfy are endless making it easy to keep everything in one place . no need to export customers, use a different POS system etc. Also great tips on marketing and improving your website to increase sales. The Chat feature is excellent - they are devoted to solving the problem. The bulk editor is one of the best features allowing you to make edits to products extremely quickly - great if you have a lot of inventory. You can also filter customers and create customer lists.

Cons

I wish it was a little easier to do certain things - you can change the coding to an extent but other more specific features that you may need that just are not available means reaching out and paying for a coding expert. If you already purchase a theme and pay monthly plus additional App fees then I think that tweaks to your theme should be free. I also think some of the Apps that say they are free most of them are only are free if you pick their super basic plan which no one really wants so you can end up paying a lot for apps.

Yemin from LocoBeauty

Great service but you need to be careful

We saved a lot of time and money to build our own website. Most importantly we can be assured by the stable service.

Pros

1. Easy to use and hassle free. Analytics is super helpful. 2. There are some learning curves but it is easy to get accustomed. Shopify constantly add up new features like social network integrations, new sales channels, added security and so on. 3. A lot of Apps to try although it is the double-edged sword. It is easy to determine which app you will pick based on a lot of reviews compared to different platforms. 4. Their default payment system - Stripe is very easy to set up. PayPal and Amazon Payment integrations are also very easy to set up. 5. Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram shopping integration is awesome. It is really helpful either send more customers to your website or real sales on those platforms. 6. Amazon and eBay integrations are not that great but worth to try.

Cons

Apps, Apps, Apps. If you want to add up some features that means you have to pay the extra money and also you might need to sacrifice your site's speed because of the added codes from Apps. Not every App but some Apps will definitely drag your site's speed. Uninstalling Apps are easy but there might be some residues from uninstalled Apps. That is annoying sometimes.

Pedro from Unilever

Excellent eCommerce platform from MVP to full scale

Quick and cheap setup

Pros

Really easy to setup without any technical knowledge and very cheap options. I find it ideal for startups beginning their journey and business that want to go online with very low investment needed. It has also a wide ecosystem of plugins that you and add for the non out of the box functionalities, a lot of them for free and really easy to install and configure. Also one thing to remark is that you don't need to worry about hosting or capability as you scale the business as they take care of all of that + CDN for best perfomance. Also it has a more professional suite just in case you need more support.

Cons

The 2 most deceiving facts about Shopify for me is when you go international as it does not support multicurrency or different stores by country sharing stock (you need to create a different shopify for all of them)., that sometimes impact conversion as even if you are capable of doing some tweaks to show different currencies you can only transact in on, same happening with the localization of the site, which is not good for SEO purposes. the second thing is the fact that you cannot customize the checkout funnel, that provides the system to be more stable btu does not allow you to do A/B testing and improve conversion on checkout.

Divan from Artillery Design

One-stop Online Shop

Shopify is a well-oiled machine and the platform is evolving with modern trends. I have had a good experience with this platform

Pros

With Shopify, you can choose from thousands of online store templates that will give your online store it professional look and feel. Payments are secured and handle very discreetly giving you and your potential buyers peace of mind. Shopify integrates well with the mobile application and is optimized for users on mobile as well as desktop screens. Safe and secure back-up of all your transactional data as well your website data can be initiated with a few easy steps unlike competitive software that relies heavily on plugins Shopify breaks it down so that the website owner needs minimal coding knowledge to get around the important aspects.

Cons

In some instances adding advanced features etc. onto a specific template can be daunting if you're looking at a high level of customization that is not necessarily supported by the theme itself you can be confronted with some higher-level CSS and custom HTML coding to make additional features work well. I would love to see a free plan on Shopify especially for users that want to familiarize themselves beyond the free-trial period that Shopify has on offer when you initially sign up or show interest.

Shopify is a powerful and empowering e-commerce platform

Pros

Shopify has comprehensive features that are super easy to use. It offers everything you need to get your online storefront up and running quickly, and many more advanced features that allow you to integrate with other vendors' tools and platforms, e.g., Facebook shopping, Google shopping, Google Analytics, Klaviyo email marketing, etc. There are a ton of Shopify developers out there if you want help customizing your storefront, or you can choose from a bunch of existing templates - both good options. This is the second business in which I've used Shopify, and I think it pays to work with the leader in the space because of its flawless existing integrations with other platforms. You may be able to find something a little cheaper, but if you do, you will likely experience much more difficultly as you try to expand your business.

Cons

The built-in analytics are super basic; it would be nice to have something slightly more robust (but then again you can easily integrate with Google Analytics so you're not at a complete loss - you just can't see it all in one dashboard). Customer support is good for most types of questions, but not as satisfying for a few more challenging questions I've posed (e.g., why has Shopify recently auto-enabled abandoned cart abandonment emails, especially when GDPR raises a lot of questions about when/to whom those types of emails should be sent?).

Displaying 1 - 50 of 3,143 reviews