• Pros

• "Easy to learn and great customer service . Love that it is web based"

• "I actually love it. It has helped to make our business more profitable and has helped my consignors to be more involved. It’s pretty great. "

• "The tech support is amazing! Prompt and very helpful. The software for consignors is very user friendly."

• Cons

• "Could be confusing at times, but customer service is always willing to help."

• "While I don't personally pay for this, I know the owner does and I know she wishes it was a little bit cheaper. But other than that, I really have no complaints. "

• "Glitches once and a white that effect my ability to ring up customers, but SimpleConsign typically fixes these as quick as possible, which I appreciate."

Browse SimpleConsign Reviews

Eric Jackson from Second Gear

Early Adopter Here

We've been very pleased with everything about this software. Most importantly (in my book) their customer service is VERY responsive and extremely helpful. Considering how much our operations rely upon their interface, any downtime would be catastrophic. The handful of times that we have had issues, they really have dropped everything to work with us to get it resolved in short order. That means pretty much everything for our store.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. We switched our software over from a piece-built Access system back in 2013, and there was a learning curve for staff, but it went very smoothly. For a high-volume consignment based store with over 7,000 consignors, I can't imagine using anything else. Additionally, being cloud-based means that when we have technological complications on one computer, we still have functionality.

Cons

There have been a few tweaks and customization changes that we have requested from the company that either haven't happened or have taken a long time to implement. Please understand, this is a minor issue, and they have become a very large company so we don't expect special treatment. The fact that this is the thing I like "least" is more testament to how great the bulk of our experience has been.

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2018

Thanks so much Eric. What a terrific review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We tweak and make changes to the system based on the number of requests we receive for a particular feature. We truly want SimpleConsign to be a customer-driven system. Believe me, we're listening to all of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Jennifer from FlairTrade Consign

Traxia

Like I said earlier, this is a good product and the customer service has always been great when submitting a service ticket, lately that is not so much. Updates are done with no knowledge to us, the customer. When we have found errors to updates or ask a question about the recent updates through the service ticket procedure. We haven't gotten an answer, some times we have had to call the support number to see what is going on. Other times they say they will get back to you and they forget, so you have to follow up with them.

Pros

That all features are on one page. It is easy to training new associates.

Cons

That updates are done with out knowledge, and it can cause mistakes and they aren't found all the time by the team that did them. When an update is done and we have questions lastly we have emailed and gotten no response back on why and what happened. Customer service was one of the reason I used to recommend traxia, but lately that has not been a good experience. Reporting is good but still have a hard time finding or creating reports that work best for your store.

Reasons for Switching to SimpleConsign

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] wanted the cloud base system. Was told by others how great the customer service was.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Hey Jennifer, thank you so much for your review. Over the past several months we have made it our goal to be even more transparent about updates, and we now include them in a weekly email for all our subscribers,

Lizanne from Bo & Ko. Kids

Kids consignment store

For the most part it’s been great. Since adding the Shopify plug in and most of my business transferring to online now due to Covid I now am very frustrated with it. The customer service has been good but it’s a massive expensive for me for something that really doesnt totally work and yet I’m way to financially invested to change softwares to something that transitions with Shopify better. I hope to see some improvements and more help navigating this.

Pros

I find the software great for having both new & used items on one software. It’s pretty user friendly and any time I have an issue with it they call me back right away.

Cons

I’m having a pretty frustrating time with the ease of adding Shopify to it. It’s a lot of money to add the Shopify plug in and yet it’s quite archaic. I can’t really find anyone in Shopify that can actually help me because everything needs to be done through Traxia. I wish I could have a few hours with someone that is well versed in both Shopify and Traxia but there doesn’t seem to be such a person. The variants make my website super hard to navigate. I can’t add Facebook shopping or Instagram tagging because of this which has lost me so much business. It’s frustrating in these Covid times as I need all the help I can get and I don’t feel supported.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Lizanne. When it comes to our Shopify plug in there are bound to be hiccups as both systems are completely independent of each other. The best course of action is to get your Traxia account set up and then get your Shopify set.

Martha from Vintage Vogue

Everything on my fingertips!

I have everything on my finger tips. Their support is awesome!

Pros

I love this software because of the ability to work anywhere and with every transaction or change I can see it, no need to be glued to the physical store. It has great reporting, I make my own custom reports, I really like that. I also like the fact that they are always trying to improve it...making it better for us users. Their training videos are a great tool when you forget how to do something. Overall I am well pleased with my decision of moving over to Simple Consign. I just wish they had Big Commerce also like they have shopify.

Cons

No Big Commerce, not connected to ebay...that would be very helpful, if they could connect our store to Big Commerce and eBay. Also it would be very helpful if it would have a weekly summary of sales report that it would generate a daily sales and than at the end a total of the week. I would like that because that will help me with my sales goals for next years projections. Just a daily report and than at the end of the week all dailys and the end total would be AWESOME!

Reasons for Switching to SimpleConsign

It was crashing too much. Not giving me great reports.

Response from Traxia

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for your review Martha, with our shopify integration that should open up a lot of other options like eBay. I will bring the rest of your ideas to our dev team, thanks so much!

Michelle from The Carson House

Recommended with No Hesitation

I am finding that inventory management has become much simpler by integrating Simpleconsign into my business. Everyday activities like tagging, uploading photos to my website, processing Items… Have become become much more streamlined and take less time - which saves me $ and stress. I have over 600 consignors, and now I am able, at a click, to access their account, answer their questions, and truly understand their activity. I feel I have much more visibility to my business, and it’s health, as a result of partnering with SimpleConsign.

Pros

I think the main feature, says it in the name. SimpleConsign… It is simple to use and intuitive. Clearly much thought was put into what features are needed most to run a consignment retail environment. It integrates beautifully with our Shopify website, and is well supported... with technicians responding almost immediately which is what is needed in a retail business space. I would highly recommend.

Cons

Given it requires remote integration (owner driving roll out from afar). I would’ve hoped for an ‘integration coordinator’ for my account. Having one individual from SimpleConsign triage issues, train, ensure account specific issues were addressed, and ensure all the ‘boxes were checked’ would have prevented extra work at my end. As well, SimpleConsign does not offer a platform that is formatted for phones. I do a lot of work remotely on my Apple phone, and find the platform hard to navigate from my phone.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

I needed a platform that was able to integrate with Shopify, that was affordable, and supported 24/7...especially given I was in Canada. I did my best to research any feedback regarding the various platforms. SimpleConsign had the best testimonials regarding easy of use and remote support - that is what tipped the scales.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for the review Michelle, usually during your setup process our onboarding specialist is there for you every step of the way. If you are having any issues please contact us at dennis@traxia.com to make sure someone can help you get taken care of ASAP.

Michelle from Moxie Home

Industry: Furniture

Easy to Use and I know where I stand daily!

So, So glad I switched!

Pros

My store does consign and new product and simple consign handles it all! I used a different product for a number of years and keeping track of my new items was a nightmare. I love how easy Simple Consign is to keep track of all of our new inventory and to make changes. The History portion is very helpful. Simple Consign has easy integration with my online store. The fact that Simple Consign gives you a daily record of your COGS without having to pull multiple reports is one of its best features. It is so easy that I was able to get rid of my bookkeeper who waded through multiple reports on my previous software. The consignment process is easy and straightforward to use. We have always had quick and friendly technical support, even with our stupid questions. Highly recommend this software particularly if you choose to carry some new product.

Cons

I would love it the POS system integrated with your choice of a credit card company. Reports can be a challenging to figure out at first.

Reasons for Switching to SimpleConsign

I wasn't getting what I needed to efficiently run my company.

Response from Traxia

Replied July 2020

Thanks Michelle! We are continually looking at new processors to fit our customers needs. Thank you so much for being a great partner, and we look forward to many more years of success!

Suzanne from Cuenca Consignments

Excellent Product

Excellent. We moved from a Google Sheets entry system to Simple Consign and it has made our lives much easier.

Pros

Easy to install and set up. Lots of flexibility in use. Keeps track of hundreds of consignors and thousands of products

Cons

Limited search options - i.e. in layaway. No fuzzy logic - for example, if a product name is misspelled, the program will not find it.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Designed specifically for consignment shops

The business became too large to manage with Google Sheets

Dana from The Birds Nest Upscale Resale Shop

Simple Consign had definitely saved us so much time!

Overall I really like Simple Consign. I used to hand write tags and keep a spreadsheet. I love that I can do all the things I need to in one program.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to track everything.

Cons

When something sells online it doesn't always take them out of inventory and we get double orders. Also it seems as though when there is an update we have a lot of errors.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Ease of use and easy to set up. Customer service is top notch.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for the review Dana, with Shopify sometimes they update something on their end that messes with what we have on our end. That being said, your issue should never happen. I am having support reach out to you to make sure that your shopify plugin is working correctly and items are being marked as sold after selling.

Molly from Twigg & Co

Love it but not the price hike

Pros

The customer service is fantastic. Any trouble I’ve had, which is rare, is immediately solved. They’ve also helped me a great deal just with setup and occasionally with reports I’d like to run.

Cons

It’s pricey. I was fine with the original Price of $199 but it jumped to $279 a month. Not much you can do about that after your whole business is setup and that’s a pretty big hike.

Reasons for Switching to SimpleConsign

Wanted to get a barcode system that was easy

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2020

Hello Molly! Thank you for your honest review, it is our goal to continually improve our core software, and our shopify plugin, so that every user feels that our software is a great value.

michelle from Outdoor Gear Revival

Worth The Money for Cutting Edge Software

Although it is one of my biggest expenses, I am so glad I chose to spend the extra money. My business runs smoothly and efficiently.

Pros

Ease of use and it is up to date technology.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

I chose SimpleConsign because I want the most up to date product available!! I do not want outdated software.

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2020

Hey Michelle, thank you for your review, as well as being a fantastic customer and partner!

William from Standpipe Antiques

Very easy to use and affordable consignment software

Overall we are very happy. As a small store, SimpleConsign has all the features that we need at a price we can afford. The software has been easy to use, stable and support has been very fast to respond to any questions or issues we might have. We can work around the minor issues with little extra effort and our vendors love the real time access to their accounts and the ease of adding inventory. We would recommend any consignment store or vendor mall seriously look at SimpleConsing as their POS software.

Pros

The best aspect of SimpleConsign is the ease of use for both our store and our vendors. It is simple to add/edit/remove inventory or convert vendor inventory if abandoned. Consigner Access allows for direct uploading of inventory into the POS system by the vendor. Having bar codes on items eliminates the majority of errors in recording vendor sales and allows for faster chekout. Vendors do not have to wait until end-of-month accounting is complete to know where there account stands by giving them real time account access. There are a wide range of reporting options allowing the store to be able to analize data to look for trends in sales and types of items being sold. This allows for better staffing allocation and inventory stocking. Sales reports are complete with all the information that accountants/tax preparers need.

Cons

As this software was designed for consignment and we use it in a vendor mall the "Status" field becomes confusing to new vendors when an item changes from "Active" to "Expired". Vendors tend to think that the item is no longer available for sale. When a vendors sales do not exceed their rent and they have to do a "Pay In" the receipts that print out are fortune cookie size slips. A full size receipt should print out as the small ones barely have enough room for credit card users to sign and the vendor copy is even smaller and difficult for them to save for there records. There is no way to edit information once uploaded from the consigner side. This is probably set up this way to protect the store but if a vendor makes a spelling mistake or quantity, price mistake the only way for the vendor to correct is to remove the item and create it a second time otherwise, the store has to do the correcting. There are limited receipt printer compatibility.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Features and ease of use for the price.

Scott from Maryland Estate Treasures

Much better than expected!

Overall, I would give SimpleConsign an A- grade. It loses points on many of the printing issues. Its documentation is not the greatest. However, they are responsive when you contact them for help. Not only are they responsive but the CSR people I have worked with are very knowledgable about the product. They act like humans, not a programmed robot going through a script.

Pros

The overall record-keeping​ of consigned items is excellent. Tracking inventory is very simple. With the ability to print labels with barcodes, it makes it easier to track inventory and prices. The flexibility of the reporting system is excellent. A helpful feature is the ability to download the report as a CSV file. Having that data as a CSV allows me to upload it to another software package that we use for e-commerce. If you have reporting to do to comply with local second-hand property laws, SimpleConsign can download a CSV file that can be uploaded to Leads Online. The company should add this to their feature list because it is a​ crucial business feature!

Cons

Many of the printing issues are a bit of a pain in the behind. No matter how much I try to adjust the labels, I cannot get them to print precisely right on the page. I finally figured out how to deal with product/price labels by cutting off only a little in the middle column. SimpleConsign doesn't adjust the print widths. It's one width fits all receipt printers. Since I have a wide format receipt printer, the receipt does not fill the entire width. By not allowing the width to be user-configurable​, SimpleConsign does not allow us to save money by buying printers on the used market. For formatting output, they are relying on Chrome's layout capabilities. However, if you are not using Chrome (because Google cannot be trusted), then you cannot finely tune margins and other layout issues.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Price, features, price, flexibility, price!

Reasons for Switching to SimpleConsign

There were two significant issues with using ShopKeep in this environment: 1) There was a lot of problems between the Clover credit card terminal and the ShopKeep software on an iPad. I was losing business because the register and terminal could not communicate. Then there were the canceled transaction and the double charging because of these problems. 2) Inventory management is rudimentary at best. It appears that ​ShopKeep put a lot of effort to satisfy the foodservice industry or small businesses with limited inventory. The system was not working for us. We needed a more robust inventory management system.

Response from Traxia

Replied July 2019

Thanks Scott for taking time to leave a review. We really appreciate it! Glad you recognized we don't have chatbots. When you call SimpleConsign, you'll talk to a human!

Lynn from TATA on Main

Without hesitation- a true winner

Overall experience: They use a 10 point scale to rate level of satisfaction. I need more like a 50 point scale. I just cant thank Simple Consign enough for always being there. It is such a pleasure to work with team that truly understands customer service. Attitude, professionalism, knowledge base--- they have it all and deliver it with the highest regard for their customers. Just love it and love them!

Pros

Where do I begin? Let me start with their OUTSTANDING customer support. They are fast at responding, patient as they walk you thru solutions ( teach you as they do) and truly know their product features. Probably the most outstanding service I have received from any vendor. As for the software itself- tremendous! I feel like I could not do my job without this software (and their support). It provides me with all the necessary features I need to make the shop run smoothly, informed and convenient. My consignors love it because it gives them access to their account 24/7.. and it saves me from having to answer phone calls about accou8nt info. It is right there for each client. I truly cant speak highly enough about this company, its people and its products. The best value and the "item" that helps me the most.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. When I run into a problem, all I have to do is call customer support and BINGO- they walk me thru a solution. There was 1 occasion when I wanted to do something and that particular function could not be done HOWEVER with the help of the support crew, they came up with an alternative that worked perfect. They go the extra mile 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day

Response from Traxia

Replied March 2019

Wow, Lynn, thanks! We appreciate your phenomenal review. Thanks for your incredible encouragement and loyalty too. You've actually been a customer of ours since 2014! It's wonderful customers like you that make us work that much harder. Thanks again!

Elizabeth from Long Beach Vintage ETC

More than I need but everything I want

I've been using SimpleConsign since I opened up my business 5 years ago. I have toyed with the idea of switching to shopify as it has a few bells and whistles that Simple Consign does not. Namely an app and also a bulit in website builder. However., the online access tool far outweighs both of those conveniences and until someone can compete in that aspect, I will remain a loyal customer to Simple Consign.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ability to run reports for my vendors at the drop of a hat. I have a vintage collective and have 40 vendors who sell at my location. I do all the book-keeping for them and some of them are very disorganized. As long as I have put good and thorough information into the system at the time of the sale, including notes if necessary, I can go back at any time of the year and look up the sale and see what the circumstances surrounding the purchase were. I also love the online look up tool that the vendors can use themselves. Saves me TONS of time in phone calls answering questions about daily sales. Total lifesaver. Plus I push that expense back onto my vendors so I don't have to absorb that cost.

Cons

some of the terminology absolutely doesn't apply to my business model and there is no flexibility in changing it. I also would like a bit more options when it comes to running a custom report. I have a very limited capability to define my own parameters for sales reports other than the "canned" reports already built into the software. MAIN COMPLAINT: NEEDS AN APP FOR THE PHONE /TABLET ETC~!!!

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2018

Elizabeth, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for 5 years of partnering with SimpleConsign. We're always interested to hear what our customers need so we appreciate you sharing. Hopefully, we'll be able to earn 5 stars on everything for you soon! Your loyalty matters!

Kelly from Plume

Took my business to the Next Level.

There are still a lot of features that I just haven't had time to learn how to use. I personally don't do well with "on-line training" and haven't taken the time to do all the training that's available. But the helpdesk is very responsive and normally helps me resolve any issues I'm having in a very timely manner. Thanks for that!

Pros

Simple Consign helped me stop running my retail shop like a "multi-family garage sale". I no longer had to keep tags, tally consignor accounts manually using paper tickets and manually calculate and write checks at the end of each month. Game changer for me.

Cons

I don't love the fact that I have to pay for this service every month FOREVER for as long as I'm in business. But I realize it's become part of the cost of doing business and is the way the software industry is headed as a whole. I also still feel the aesthetics and functionality of the online is cumbersome to customers and not as seemless as I thought it was going to be when I added that service. Reports and sales data are not truly integrated together. I still have to run separate reports to get total sales data. I like that it's tied to the same inventory bucket but it would be even more helpful if those sales also showed up when I run sales reports through simple consign. It's also not as clean and shopper friendly as it could be in the way it sorts and places inventory into the category buckets. It still feels somewhat like more of a glorified Craigslist site, than a fully modernized professional online store. Not having the ability to have drop down menu items for customers to select apparel in different sizes or items that have multiple color options is not ideal. Having to do a complete separate listing for literally every single color and size of an item junks up the online store, makes shoppers have to scroll through a lot of the "same" to see unique items. Perhaps the answer to this is more categories in the long run, but that isn't ideal either. Perhaps since my shop isn't a typical consignment shop, I'm the only one with this issue?

Matt from The Tacky Turtle Marketplace

Love the software... wish it a few more options and a cell phone app for consignor and business ownr

Much easier to inventory and check customers out. Much easier to manage consignor's sales and payouts than anything other software I researched. Also the fact that it's web based eliminates many reliability issues that can effect other similar systems. Much easier to track sales and trends throughout the day, month and year.

Pros

I love the bar coded price tag system that allows the consignor to enter their items into their inventory themselves. Love the bar code price tags (much more accurate and faster checkout process). Love the online account for the consignors to monitor sales. Love that it is a web based system so we don't have to rely on an in house computer (that could crash). Love that the software is accessible anywhere. This feature is particularly helpful for the business owner who has the capability to check sales reports, etc.. when not at the store.

Cons

There really needs to be a Simple Consign iPhone app both for the Consignors and for the business owner. The current system is only accessible through an internet browser on a cell phone (which limits the size of the pages size and is also very slow). A cell phone app would be very helpful especially when introducing the system to a new consignor. It would also be nice to be able to set a discount on a consignors account (by the day and by the hour) instead of just by the day. It would also be nice if items that are entered into inventory by the consignor would have the exact time they were entered for each item and it wold also be nice if the items that have had the tags printed out were able to be marked somehow so that we could tell were a consignor left off when entering and printing out there tags. When a consignor pulls out: it would be nice if there was a way to classify that consignor as "inactive". It would be nice if consignors who are currently in the store are classified as "active" and those not in the store are inactive. Would also be nice if there was a way to email all of the "active" consignors at once through the software or Cell Phone App (if there was one). When looking up a Sales Report or a Transactions stat it would be nice to have a "Today" button that would take you straight to todays sales and transactions instead of having to go in and pick the beginning date off the pop up calendar and then pick the ending date off the popup calendar. The Cost.

Nettie from Me 'n Mommy To Be

Stop looking for a new or different consignment/resale software YOU JUST FOUND IT!

I've used this product for 3+ years. Love it!! I've been in business for almost 14 years and switched from a company based out of FL that was horrendous, but the best available at the time. This software company has been a lifesaver to my business and I am so grateful to have found them. My customers have noticed and love the change!!

Pros

Extremely easy to use If (and rarely) would you need support these guys/gals are the best and enjoyable to talk to. IT guy who? I no longer need one You can search your system to find out what you priced a similar item before and then just click "Add Similar" to quickly add that item. Love the accessibility of the software on my phone using their app. Easy to keep track of multiple stores I can track my customers shopping habits several different ways Customers are always amazed at how I can search my store's inventory at any given time for Raiders, Grandma, Grandpa, Dr. Seuss or currently Paw Patrol items. Makes doing returns extremely easy End of day closing/balancing of books is easy I love being able to print one to a hundred tags at a time There is a credit card processing company associated with them although I don't use it as I am still loyal to my processor from years earlier. Plain & Simple: just good people running a good business for people working hard like you & me.

Cons

To make it perfect: Seriously feel like I'm living in the early 90's with all my post-it notes for different people wanting/looking for certain items and wanting a call when I get them in. A way to help me keep track of some sort or "Wanted Items" and then when I entered that item it would alert me that "so & so" is looking for that item would be SWEET!! There's not great loyalty program linked with this (still using an outside source that I'm extremely happy with)

May 2015

Tiffany from Taylor Bug's Kids Boutique & Consignment

May 2015

AMAZING company! The BEST in consignment software!

Pros

My team at Taylor Bug’s loves the system because it is easy to use. They think it is super easy to add store inventory and the option to search for consignors and customers. I am thankful for the value that we also receive for all the services that are provided! From the moment we contacted Traxia I have been SUPER IMPRESSED and pleased! I know the importance of partnering with companies that uphold high standards of quality and customer service. Being a customer for 2 years I have been amazed at the customer service that I have received in all areas and at all times! I am so thankful for the years I had doing it ‘old school’ style as it has helped me appreciated the complexity and possibilities that are offered with systems such as Traxia. They make a small business owners life possible, efficient and accurate!

Cons

After doing inventory with hand written tags for a year I switched to a download template software. It was AWFUL! I then came across Traxia SimpleConsign on-line. After reading the reviews, assessing the costs, and using the trial version I knew that it was a perfect fit for my store! With over 1,000 consignors and 11,000 inventory items my store is able to provide records that were not even possible with our pencils and paper method. We are now able to offer store credit, cash and even a combination of the two! It is amazing to be able to search items that may have lost a tag, look up records of previous sold items for pricing points, pull reports and track new and consigned inventory, enter inventory items from home if needed, view store information/reporting on my phone just to name a few. I also love the Help Desk option they use to 'view' our screen and help instruct and/or set up. And the best part is the company continues to excel, grow and create updates for its current and future clients.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Tiffany!

Elizabeth from Button

This is the best consignment software you will find

I've had a great experience with them and would definitely use their service again if I open a second shop.

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn how it works, it allows flexibility to either let consignors check their own account or to check for them, and the customer service is excellent. They are always quick to respond and have helped me numerous times with tech questions even when it's not software related!

Cons

I wish you could apply more than one credit card payment to a single purchase so that folks could use a gift credit card and pay the balance with their regular card but this issue is minor in the grand scheme of things. Also, I wish the formatting for tags was a bit more flexible. I would love to print a butterfly jewelry tag with the consignor info right next to the price so that we could just use one half of the tag when we are tight for space (on the backs of small earring cards). Right now, the format sets the price on one end of the butterfly tag and the date and consignor info on the other so that we have to manually cut each price tag and put both pieces on the backs of earring cards. It's a small thing but takes time when you're putting in orders of 50+ pieces at a time.

Response from Traxia

Replied November 2018

Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. Have I got good news for you! We've just added new integrated credit card processors that allow you to take split payments! Contact Support ASAP and get switched over. Thanks for believing in us!

Julie from Hello Again Inc

Highly recommended!

Having worked at another consignment shop for 19 years, I really wanted to use the same software when I opened my own shop because it was familiar and cheap to run. However, the familiar software didn't have online access for consignors, something that is very important in this market and worth every dime! Using Simple Consign has shown me how many features weren't available in the other software. As someone who doesn't get along well with technology, the support staff was amazing in helping me get started and continues to be amazing when I need assistance. Their response time is phenomenal.

Pros

The initial set up and training went really smoothly with Simple Consign; the support team took even took over dealing with the inept company that was setting up my hardware, saving me a ton of stress. This software is very user friendly. I'm sure that there are a lot of features that I haven't even taken advantage of using yet! My consignors are thrilled to be able to check their accounts online.

Cons

I've gotten feedback from a few people that they had difficulty going back into their account history; it would be more convenient if it was available at a glance without having to change dates to try and find items from older consignment periods.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Simple Consign had the features I was looking for and was quite easy to learn to use. My initial interactions with the people at Simple Consign convinced me that they would be great for support, which was very important because I am not very savvy when it comes to technology!

Simple Consign Review

Pros

The ability to split consignor payouts between in-store credit and cash payout (for which I have different splits). For example, my consignors receive 40% of their item sales if they take their credit as cash, or 50% of their item sales if they use their credit for in-store purchases. SimpleConsign is the only software system on the market (that I've found so far) that makes it easy for a customer to use some of their credit in-store and then take the remainder as cash. I also like the specificity of the reports feature, and how easy reports are to customize.

Cons

I wish the software linked with QuickBooks Online. I wish there was a way to view Consignor Credit AND Store Credit (from returns and gift card balances) on the same screen. As it is, it is hard to explain to customers and train employees why we don't always see their store credit when checking their consignor credit. I wish Store Credit was listed when consignors login to the online portal to check their account. I wish that the status changed from Active to Sold when store-owned inventory quantity reached zero. As it stands, the status remains Active while the quantity changes to zero. I wish SimpleConsign integrated with Gravity Payments.

Zella from BlueBirdTraders

easy to use, very clear

We run a 100% consignor store so tracking and paying out our consignors is really organised with simple consign. this software is imperative for tweaking our business economy.

Pros

It is easy to teach new staff how to use. very straight forward tabs for different areas of the software. everything is very simple when adding accounts and inventory. The business overview tools are great. I love the reports.

Cons

I have been through hell trying to print barcode price labels for my products. I couldnt seem to get clear information concerning the label printer that i needed to order and the label size. I was very inexperienced in this area and really need some more committed help. The printer that I ended up buying isnt 100% supported by the print service software EDNA, that is the Zebra ZD220 and I have an unreliable communication between the APP and the printer. It has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. I've paid $400 to have IT specialists come and look. Traxia support want able to rectify the problem. This is my only complaint about the software and I am sure in time this problem will be ironed out even if it has been costly.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

It was simply the best. The most expensive, but the best. it is enjoyable to use. You can work out the basics in 5 minutes and more complex exercises in a couple of hours. The other were just not as clear and didnt offer reports.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Zella, I am sorry this happened to you, and I'm sure it's very frustrating. I will have support reach out to you.

Teresa from Laura'sHouse

Simple Consign

Everyone at Simple Consign is very helpful. We always have great customer service and we know that they are trying to fix/change the things we want/need but it isn't always possible. We also realize that many of our issues are because we aren't consignment but Resale. So there are many things/options/functions that Simple Consign offers that we don't need or use.

Pros

We like the reports but could use more customized reports. We like many of the options but feel a lot of them are not for the sales people and should be manager only functions. We like that everything can be viewed from all locations

Cons

We want to format the tags but can't. Certain things on reports don't make sense and are hard to figure out if you have multiple sites. The customer profiles are too specific to location that info was entered. We want to see everything including loyalty points on the Customer tab not location specific. Every new transaction needs to prompt for new pin number. Can not process 2 credit cards for 1 transaction. Many customers want to use 2 credit cards to make their purchase.

Response from Traxia

Replied March 2019

Thank you for leaving a review Teresa. We really do appreciate it. The Tech Support guys can help you set up some custom reports. There are some other things we offer as well, such as splitting payments between cards.. Contact Tech and let's figure out how to make your SimpleConsign experience better. Thanks again

Dawn from WeKids of Flemington

Lifeline for the Learning Curve

Our small, local, family-focused shop has benefitted greatly by the structure SimpleConsign has added to our consignment record-keeping as well as the relative ease of shopper transactions. Our next dream is to own an affordabe all-in-one credit card swipe/chip system that is compatible with Traxia to thus delete our antiquated, quirky swipe-to -a-desktop-printer system for receipts....no one wants to bother with ink, paper, storage. Saving up for that investment....

Pros

Our techno media manager discovered Simple Consign at a crucial time in our new-to-owning-a-business saga. Purchasing a wonderful (but a bit unorganized) little mom-and-pop consignment shop meant adopting some "used" software and all of its wonderful little glitches ----just at the height of the season. SimpleConsign rolled over all past records, self-taught our employees, and eased our frustrations.

Cons

Our only negative in these early months of adjustment is really still a positive: SimpleConsign contains many more options than we currently need. But we hope to continue exploring all its options and implementing additional task as necessary.

Response from Traxia

Replied March 2019

Dawn, thank you for this amazing review! We appreciate the time you took and especially love that SimpleConsign "self-taught your employees, and eased your frustrations." It's wonderful to know your life has been made easier by choosing SimpleConsign. Check out our partners page https://www.simpleconsign.com/partners/credit-card-processing/ and chat with one of our integrated credit card processors. They may work you a deal! Thanks again!

Sara from Dirt Chic

Great Software!

Great experience - the product and customer service is wonderful!

Pros

Very user friendly - visually clear, logical, and well organized. Customizeable - easy to adapt this system to our specific needs, run custom reports, use some features but not others etc.

Cons

Updates often seem to change layout or visual details that seem unnecessary - eg: fade effect on calendar setting, while there are other features we would love to see updates on to improve function eg: ability to discount multiple items at once, but not having to discount the entire sale. Or the ability to see trends of sales data on different time frequencies - monthly, yearly, etc instead of just "all time". However, some changes that we have wanted to see have been implemented, which is wonderful! eg: search function in brands feature. Is there a connection to QuickBooks?

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2018

Sara, Thanks for taking the time to respond. We appreciate you titling it "Great Software!" We do connect with the installed version of Quickbooks and we're working on an integration with the online version as well. Check with Tech Support about discounting items at the time of sale. Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a 10 out of 10!

karlan from Playback Sports

Playback Sports

I feel like the staff over at Simple Consign are all part of my company, working for me and frankly are the highest functioning part of my business. I appreciate them everyday when I turn on the system and it buzzes to life having safely stored all of my data through the night.

Pros

Super user friendly and easy to onboard new employees. Love the consistent and seamless (mostly) updates. Also love the recent refreshed look and feel. Even though I don't often ask for special features its clear to me that the company overall has their pulse on what consignment stores need because new features consistently address issues or needs that we are having.

Cons

Sometimes there are printer challenges but it's less likely about the software than probably compatibility with operating systems.

Response from Traxia

Replied October 2018

Karlan, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. It does our heart good to hear you say you feel we're a part of your company. That's our ultimate goal...to partner with you in your business. The fact that you rated us a 10 out of 10 and gave us all 5 stars is just the icing on the cake! Thanks. About those printing issues...get those Support guys on the phone and make sure there isn't something they need to do!

Lawrence from Park Avenue Marketplace

SimpleConsign makes running our Park Avenue Marketplace smooth.

Saving Time! A business takes time to run properly and SimpleConsign saves TIME. I just filed my monthly sales tax report and it took 2 minutes to get the information off of SimpleConsign and nearly 40 minutes to file with the state. The State needs to take heed to what SimpleConsign is doing with their software. Our Consignors love the online access to their sales as well. Happy Consignors means happy business.

Pros

Record keeping by far is the big advantage to SimpleConsign. When the end of the pay period comes, it is a 5 minute process to run the payments. Simple Consign is always working on the system to improve the process and the latest change is more evidence of that. I have kept the Consignor records manually in the past and this system is worth every penny. Monthly reports make filings easy. And our Consignors love the online access to their sales

Cons

I can't find much about SimpleConsign that I don't like. We do not use all aspects of the software, but there is little that I do not like.

Response from Traxia

Replied March 2019

Thanks Lawrence for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We're so glad we've made it easier to manage Park Avenue Marketplace. The Ohio state motto of "With God all things are possible" obviously doesn't include speedy tax filings. Thanks for being on Team Traxia!

Kristine from Sweetpea's

Sweetpea's customer of SimpleConsign

I have been with SimpleConsign for over 5 years. I love that it is easy to use and has all the features necessary for me as a small business. Simple Consign gives me the tools that I need to be successful and to feel as thought I am a much larger business than I truly am. The support team is wonderful and they are always available to help with an issue big or small. I ran my store for 4.5 years without SimpleConsign and truly don't know how I did it.

Pros

SimpleConisgn allows me to track inventory, transactions and revenue. The wide availability of reports are so beneficial for me to be successful. These reports allow me to track sales daily, hourly, monthly and yearly with a few clicks. I am also able to track inventory sold by day and consignor.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. When I have had a issue I contact customer support and it is taken care of almost immediately.

Response from Traxia

Replied November 2018

Wow Kristine! Thank you for a fabulous review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We've enjoyed growing with Sweetpea's. Nothing better than 5 out of 5 stars and a 10 out of 10 recommendation! Thanks for letting us partner with you. We look forward to many more years working together.

Maureen from The Urbanary Home and Garden

My silent partner

It was easy to set up and it was an asset from day one.

Pros

I started my resale business with Simple Consign and I'm so thankful that I did. It tracks my inventory, is the center of my point of sale, and charts analytics and compiles financial report that are necessary for my day to day operation. The Simple Consign team has expanded the software to dovetail beautifully with Shopify to help me create a seamless integration between my bricks and mortar store and my online sales. The photo app is a brilliant tool and so simple to upload products to Shopify and other sales channels. The Consignors Access has strengthened my relatIonship with consignors and reduced the email and phone reporting. I recommend Simple Consign and rely on its power every single day. I have created my store and systems from scratch and Simple Consign has been a responsive and reliable partner. I recommend this software for new and transitioning businesses.

Cons

Anything that could ne improved gets improved so nothing comes to mind.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Sophistication and responsive support team.

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2020

Thank you for Maureen we're happy to be your silent partners!

Tammy from Key City Antique Mall

Simple Consign

Overall my experience has been very good.

Pros

Simple Consign is excellent software for businesses such as ours - where you have multiple vendors. It allows us to easily process a sale as well as look up history, etc. it pretty much allows us to do everything we need to in order to run our business. Great value for the money. Also, our vendors can see their sales online at any time. They love being able to do that. Tech support has been very helpful whenever I have had questions.

Cons

The reporting is not as flexible as I would like it to be. All fields should be available to select from for a custom report. Also it is not possible to change an item description after a sale has processed. Also, It is practically impossible to get a modification done.

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2020

Hey Tammy, thank you for your review! We are continually looking to expand our reports, if you would like to reach out and let us know more of what you're looking for in your reports we can make sure that if it's not possible, that we make it possible.

Kari from OOAK Art Gallery

Consignment Art Gallery

SimpleConsign literally saves me at least 10 hours of bookkeeping each month. My artists love the Consignor Access which frees me from having to email statements, saving me additional clerical hours. I also like remote access, so I can see how my business is doing while I am off site. When I travel, I seek out businesses like my own, and have had several conversations with gallery owners, singing the praises of SimpleConsign.

Pros

Ease of access to information. I have 169 artist/consignors and being able to access their sales and inventory at any time is extremely useful. It took an incredible amount of time and work to enter all the inventory in my gallery, but I now know that I hover around having 11,000 items on hand.

Cons

As a consignment art gallery, entering duplicate inventory items (keeping the same SKU) for a particular artist requires having two consignment tabs open to verify the correct SKU. For example, I need to add five mugs for artist/consignor 103, I type "Mug" as the item, and the software will give me every single mug that I have in the gallery, not just those that belong to that artist/consignor. It would also be helpful to be able to print out a full invoice for all items received, including those added to an existing SKU. We are able to view and print stickers from the "batch" but not print out the batch itself. The other challenge that the software presents is keeping track of sales and in stock quantities of items that the gallery owns outright. I have 4 or 5 vendors from whom I wholesale buy items monthly. I've configured a report for items sold for a specific vendor over a period of time, but I would like to be able to access that information easier, especially on hand quantities.

Jill from Lost & Found Resale Interiors

Easy to use software, not perfect for consignment shops that also buy used merchandise.

I've had a good experience, overall. The support staff is awesome and I never have to wait long to get a response and it's always taken care of immediately.

Pros

Ease of use. Even my senior employees can navigate the system. I like how easy it is to keep track of taxes, sales and consignment inventory.

Cons

I don't like how it keeps my purchased consignment items in the system after they sell. I understand that it is there for items that are new and re-ordered, but we purchase a lot of used items and I would like the system to show "sold" once those items are sold. I would also love a pop up alert when a consignor goes into "ingrace" status.

Response from Traxia

Replied October 2018

Jill, thanks so much for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. We're especially glad you feel the Support Staff is "awesome." Thanks also for your suggestions for store-owned items. We're always looking to improve. Our professional plan with Consignor Central lets consignors see whether their items are "in grace," "expired" or "sold." You might want to consider it. Thanks again.

Chris from Bitcoin Embassy New Hampshire

Best solution we found - 3 years running

I can't imagine our business model operating efficiently without SimpleConsign.

Pros

SimpleConsign offers flexibility that we couldn't find in other packages we tested. I'm sure everyone who does consignment does things a little differently, and everything we dreamed up before we opened our doors SimpleConsign was able to do right out of the box. Being able to provide a web interface to our consignors has improved our service to them; allowing them to find stock levels, etc. without having to wait for a return call from us.

Cons

I wish there were more ecommerce functionality "out of the box" instead of having to develop our own.

Response from Traxia

Replied November 2018

Chris, thanks for leaving a review! It's fun to hear that SimpleConsign is your "dream" software. We're happy to hear your consignors enjoy their real-time consignor access as well. We want to remind you that SimpleConsign now integrates with Shopify, making online sales even easier. Chat with sales (sales@traxia.com) to get more information. Thanks again!

Connie from Dandelion Wishes

Simple for Consignment

Pros

One of my favorite features is that consignor's can access their accounts to view account balance, what items have sold, and what items are still active. The software is also fairly easy to understand and use once you have gotten accustomed to it. I thoroughly enjoy the option to edit inventory in bulk, as it makes it much easier when removing clothes from the system at the end of the season.

Cons

While it is easy to use, it's almost necessary to watch the training videos provided to understand exactly how the software works. One irksome issue I've stumbled upon, is that when entering the brand name, a drop down menu appears and on occasion the system has automatically chosen a pre-entered brand that is not the one I am trying to use at that time. When creating/printing reports you must be VERY specific about the information you are looking for, or it will not be correct. This is also frustrating at times.

Response from Traxia

Replied December 2018

Hi Connie. Thanks for leaving a review. We obviously have some work to do when it comes to providing you with Customer Support and Value for the Money! Please contact Support and have them set up custom reports for you so that you get the specific information you need. We hope, in the near future, to gain your confidence and trust to earn 5 stars on everything! Thanks again.

Carrie from Maggie Mae's

i LOVE Simple Consign!!

I have had a great experience with Simple Consign. Every time I have needed to get help hooking up a printer or had any questions about how to do something, I have always been met with the nicest, (and most patient) people! They never make me feel like I am asking for help with something I should be doing on my own, or that they would rather be doing something else. Simple Consign has a GREAT customer support team! And you can't that about all companies!

Pros

I tested out about 4 or 5 other POS systems before choosing Simple Consign, and the main feature I needed was having a set-up that would link my in-store inventory to my website. I needed a system that would easily allow me to keep my items in sync, and Simple Consign does it seamlessly! Plus after having looked at several other systems, I just liked the look and ease-of-use of the Simple Consign Back Office. Also, I LOVE that all of my info in in the cloud, so if I am away from the office, and need to know something, I can look at it on my phone! So cool!

Cons

Well, in the beginning, it was that it wasn't completely compatible with MAC computers, but they fixed that!! So..... Nothing!

Response from Traxia

Replied September 2018

Wow Carrie! Can you see us blushing? Thanks so much for the fabulous review! We're thrilled you are thrilled with SimpleConsign. We so appreciate you choosing us to partner with you!

Jordie from West Coast Resale

#1 Software for Consignment Store

any time we have run into an issue or had a question the customer service/tech support has been outstanding. They stand behind thier product and listen to the needs of thier customers.

Pros

SimpleConsign rarely has any downtime or bugs. It works perfectly for our busy furniture consignment store. Although we are a Canadian company that pays monthly in US funds so it can be a pricy when the exchange rate isn't great, it is still worth it. We have recommended this software to others we know that also have consignment stores and will continue to recommend to our friends.

Cons

it is pricier than other software that we could have worked with but the quality has made it worth it.

Response from Traxia

Replied October 2018

Woo Hoo! Thanks Jordie! What a wonderful review. We really appreciate you taking the time. Traxia works hard at making sure our customers get their money's worth. Our goal is to give you all of the tools necessary to run your business as smoothly as possible. Thanks for naming us the "#1 Software for Consignment Store."

Bill from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Good software for volunteers

Our experience overall has been great. The reports are easy to run and the few that we've had to develop have worked well. Even though we use an external credit card processor, the interface with the software is easy to use.

Pros

Our staff is completely volunteer, with the preponderance what is considered "elderly". (I don't think of them/us that way, but chronologically, it's true.) They have used Simple Consign for over a year, now, and have become completely comfortable with it. Most volunteer only one day a week, so the ease of use is paramount.

Cons

We have a monthly sale by color the last 4 days of the month we're open, and the color goes for a single price - there is no way in the software to automate this - it allows for only percentage discounts. With the confounding factors of age and infrequency of occurrence, this has really been our only problem that has not been fixed immediately with the support staff.

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2018

Bill, thanks for your great review! We really appreciate you taking time to let others know about SimpleConsign. Tech Support also looks at our reviews and keeps notes of customer requests. We love feedback from our wonderful users!

Jerik from LexArt

Met all our needs until it was time for online sales

I am quite satisfied with the product. I just wish they could make it easier to integrate with online sales products.

Pros

We are not your typical Consignment shop, but rather a collective of nine different Arts & Crafts Guild. Even so, Simple Consign was flexible enough to meet our needs . We have a lot of volunteers using the software and ran into few problems. Most users remarked how easy it was to use. Support is quite responsive. I really like how it is cloud-based so we don't have to worry and deployment or updates, and that I could work with it from my home. When we have sales, we have instant sales information.

Cons

I wish it had more global settings, like whether or not a new item gets created when the system doesn't recognize a SKU. The biggest issue for doing online sales with Shopify was that indicating a single item was available online required 4 separate mouse clicks, and that is per item. That was just too tedious. We are currently using WiX for online, but there is no integration. We would like some integration via API so that the two products could communicate.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Jerik! While we currently have no plans to integrate with Wix, but we will update our customers if and when we decide to go that route.

February 2015

Nettie from Me 'n Mommy To Be

February 2015

Look no further, this is the software you need for your consignment business!

After using a company for 10 years that claimed to be "The Resale Industry's Favorite Software System" I got wise and switched. I had been searching for a few years and finally came upon Simple Consign. If your just starting out, use this one! If you're wanting to switch, switch to this one - it's simple and I had over 6,000 consignors to switch over between 2 stores. After switching to this company I can see where every dollar that I make or payout is. Payouts are easy to track and this software won't randomly mark items down. I have been using Simple Consign for 9 months and I am in love!!! If you have a question/problem call them and they'll help. They go above and beyond to help you and don't have unrealistic customer service hours - they'll help you when you need it. The whole team is great and you can tell that they genuinely care about your business. In the short amount of time we've used Simple Consign the owner has even come to visit our out-of-state store. Features that are priceless to me include: everything is on-line so I can be on vacation and pull up on my phone the progress for the store on any given day. I run our Facebook page and if someone comments on our page asking about products we may or may not have in the store I can log on (while sitting on a beach anywhere) check our store's inventory and respond to their question in a timely manor. I love how it stores prices that I have previously priced something so I can price consistently or train someone else with ease. This feature works great if you have multiple locations so you're not pricing items differently. There's a lot to learn, but it's pretty simple and fun to explore all the features. 2 things that I wish Simple Consign did that it currently doesn't is: 1) provide a type of "want list" for people that are looking for a certain item and would like to be called if we get that item in. and 2) let my management team see how sales are progressing throughout the day and see end of day reports without them being able to see what we've made the entire week/month/year or what we owe consignors or anything else that isn't relevant to them. Overall since using Simple Consign it has taken a huge weight off my shoulders and let me become more of an owner and less of an operator.

Julie from Jules Boutique LLC

Technical support team is great!

I would recommend Traxia to anyone considering a new system for their consignment store: from setup to day-to-day operations, everything about it worked well for us.

Pros

It was easy to set up, and what questions I had were easily solved by working with the support team. The program is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate with common sense.

Cons

The boxes had too much white space in them, requiring a scroll down (extra step). For example, the new consignor field could be tightened up so that "Save and Close" don't require scrolling down. This came up in other screens, too. The monthly fee to marry with e-commerce sites is very high. However, Traxia operated very well with our link to Shopify.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

My accountant found it to be the easiest to interpret for my financials.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Julie, I will bring the white space issue to our dev team and have them look over where we could make some space.

Amy from Hood River Valley High School Ski Team

We've used Traxia two years in a row for a one day swap that raises all the funds for our non-profit

Reliable easy to use system with great customer support. Will definitely use again.

Pros

Pros: Ease of use - with initial help from Simple Consign's team, the system is super easy to use. They also have good documentation. I have had questions about the reports, but again, all my questions were answered and the reporting functionality is exactly what we needed. Reliability - with our entire budget resting on a one-day sale, having a system that's reliable was crucial. Working with their team, we built in a back-up system of wi-fi redundancy, but fortunately didn't need it. Not once did we have a problem with our internet, or the service. Customer service - the Simple Consign team patiently answered all my questions. And our big event was on the weekend, so they noted it on their calendar and prepared their tech support staff for my call, just in case. Didn't need any help. The system worked beautifully.

Cons

Cons: Wish it was easier to email people from the system. I'd like to be able to send an email prior to the swap to all the consignors in the system. This means exporting all the users and emailing from another system. Not as easy as it seems it should be. I'd also like to be able to send a system wide email giving people access to the consignment portal, but deciding whether or not I want to reset everyone's password. Currently it automatically resets. Seems like it could be more flexible here.

February 2014

Darcy from The Courtyard Cowgirls - Classy Consignment

February 2014

Best System I've Used

I have been using SimpleConsign by Traxia for almost a year and I have been beyond impressed since my first initial contact with the company. The software does absolutely everything (and then some) that I need to smoothly run the technical aspect of my store from printing labels to inventory management to vendor management down to the POS system. It does so much stuff that I haven't even actually used all of it yet. I also really like that I can custom create any type of report I can conceive of. I love that it is web based so that I am not tethered to my storefront to complete work tasks. I can literally lay in bed or be at a customer's home and use the system while it's still running and working at my shop. The other thing that I love about it being web based is that I don't have to worry about having to be troubled by doing software updates or have to fear any data loss... ever. It is very user intuitive and doesn't require pouring through technical manuals to figure it out. It really is, in my opinion, simple as the name infers. They offer free interactive classes as well to help become acquainted with the software which I found extremely helpful. I've also been able to pick up the phone at any time and talk with technical support to ask questions and get help or advice (at no charge). The customer service has been nothing short of stellar. The SimpleConsign - Traxia staff has literally made me feel like I'm part of a family. I like that they are not some big "corporate" type of company... meaning, I never feel like a number when I contact them. They call me from time to time just to check-in to see how I'm doing and offer their help. I have even received personal hand-written holiday cards from the staff. It's the little stuff like that that speaks volumes to me. I have secretly hoped that they don't get bigger as a company so they don't lose the personal touch. Honestly, there really isn't anything negative I have to say about it. What I've noticed is that if anyone has anything that they are not particularly liking about the software they seem take those comments and suggestions to make improvements to it. They always seem like they are looking for ways to improve and make things better/easier for us.

Aaron from My Cute Kid

Easy to use tool for managing your consignment store - Best option after researching solutions

We use Simple Consign every day. It's easy to use and makes running a consignment store much easier than trying to keep track on spreadsheets. Other products didn't compare when we were researching a solution.

Pros

- Cloud based makes it easy to access - Easy to use and navigate in the software - Custom Reports are easy to create - Now offers Shopify plugin.

Cons

Could have more frequent updates and new additional features added regularly Printing plugin causes issues from time to time

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Simple Consign was the most feature rich cost effective and user friendly option that I found while looking at the market. The different levels of pricing were great as we grow and need additional functionality.

Response from Traxia

Replied November 2019

Aaron, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it! We're so glad you settled on us after researching other softwares. We're looking forward to a long future together.

Terri from Gotta Have It Antiques

Industry: Furniture

User friendly system for our small business

Overall, we have been happy with this software. Neither I or my business partner are incredibly computer savvy, and this system has been fairly easy for us to navigate and utilize for our small business purposes.

Pros

This software is relatively user friendly and intuitive. It makes it easy to manage our various consignors and vendors and the real time access to sales is a huge bonus for our vendors.

Cons

There are a few navigational aspects that could use some improvement. We have permanent vendors and it is often difficult to swap the vendor ID for an item that has already sold, if there has been a clerical error. We have struggled with out check printing format and integration to Quickbooks.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Terri, and for the many years of partnership. As always we are always looking to improve our side of things, and I have noted your concerns so we can discuss with our development team.

Jill from The Lost & Found Resale Interiors

Consignment Software Made Easy

I’ve used Sinple Consign by Traxia for seven years and I love how easy it is to use, and how quickly new employees can learn the system. You can run basically an airport you would like, and the support staff will help you create reports. I also love how quickly the support staff replies.

Pros

Ease of use, custom reports and support. It’s extremely user-friendly, has tutorials for new staff members, and in seven years the system has only gone down twice for a couple minutes at a time . The are a small company, so support is usually immediate, even after hours if it is a high priority issue .

Cons

That it’s not 100% for consignment shops and there’s no pop up notification for expired accounts.

Response from Traxia

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review Jill. We really appreciate it. We can't ask for more than a 10 out of 10 and 5 stars across the board. Thanks for being a vital part of Team Traxia!

Susan from Retail

A great organization

I resisted their services for several years because I was happy with the program I had. Then it crashed and I lost 44000 items. Luckily, I was BOR so I didn't have to deal with not knowing who owned what. I have loved every minute of their services. Every customer service call has been answered quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Great customer service. Great value. Backs up to the cloud.

Cons

I have chosen to use a separate credit card processor. I have seen facebook posts about other users not being able to process credit cards when Simple Consign is out-of-service for some reason. At least when I have to process sales manually, I can still accept credit/debit payments. I think that is an advantage. I also continued to use my manual cash reconciliation.

Response from Traxia

Replied August 2018

Thanks Susan. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such an amazing review! So glad you no longer "resisted" and decided to choose SimpleConsign. Thanks!

Karen from Say Yes to HER Dress

Time Saver

The best part of this company is their support. The staff is always friendly, patient and most importantly, available.

Pros

I used to have to take a picture of a dress, download it to my computer, upload it to our website, write down the description, item number and price. Then when the dress sold, I had to go in and manually remove it from my site. With SimpleConsign, it was just that-SIMPLE! I can use the app on my phone to scan the tag on the dress and take a picture. Everything would automatically go onto my website and then be removed once the tag was scanned for purchase. This saved tons of time and also assured us that anything on our website was still in the store when customers would call or come in to see the item.

Cons

It is not that I didn’t like aspects of the software, it is just that I was used to using my old software and change can always take some time to get used to. I wish I had started with Simple Consign when I first opened.

Emily from Cloverdilly Kids

I love Simple Consign

Overall I really liek Simple Consign, Traxia and the tech support so the best especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Hi [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! They are quick to call and quick to get it all fixed.

Pros

It’s really easy to use and easy to train employees on. I love the automation of the price book and the Shopify integration.

Cons

The reports can be a little hard to manuever sometimes and the cloud printing keeps kicking off the tag printers.

Reasons for Choosing SimpleConsign

Simple consign had the best features, and the price book and the shopify integration and the photo app. Plus I had worked on it before on a previous job and was already familiar with it.

Response from Traxia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review Emily! We are always looking to improve our reports, reach out to dennis@traxia.com and let us know what you think could be improved.

Bonnie from Finders Keepers Inc.

I sleep better knowing my data is safe!

Pros

The Traxia team works hard to keep new features rolling out, continually asking for input from their subscribers. Because the software was built to be web-based, their are rarely little problems that must be patched and if there are patches, we don't even see them. They take care of everything so I can run my store without worrying about my software. However, what I like most about the software is the entire Traxia Team, they truly care, they support our industry and contribute to it.

Cons

I'm ready for the software to allow me to pay consignors across all locations without moving money from one store to another. We love the store credit across all locations feature. Now waiting on the pay across all locations feature.

Brett from yfficient | Freelance Graphic Art Services for Publishers

A Simpler Point-of-Sale for Consignment and Resale Businesses

We switched from a major POS after four years and have been pleased with the decision. The software does what is advertised, and support is responsive and friendly. We've already recommended this software to other resale shops.

Pros

Product is straight forward; setup and training has been easier than compared to competitor product. It has 'just what we need' for a smaller-scale resale business with one location and no full-time back office staff. Converting from the competitor was made easy by the tech staff who are friendly and knowledgeable. Tech has been responsive to support tickets, and their ticked system allows you to specify the urgency. The data connection to Quickbooks works well but is limited to payouts. Online videos and a good user manual are easily available for training and reference. Cloud-based data and Software as a Service means reduced technology demands on small business.

Cons

Because tag styles are tied to product categories, we are unable to easily print two tag types for jewelry (one for display to customer, one for butterfly tag on merchandise.) The online manual is great for 90% of needs; not all features are fully documented, especially for users who like to know the boundaries of what a product can do. Cloud-based does rely on a steady internet connection; this is not a major obstacle in 2018, and the benefits of hosting outweigh the challenges of storing the data in the local store.