• Pros

• "The staff is very friendly and helpful. The software is very robust and a great price."

• "Affordable, Cloud system available, you can use anywhere, Good support team, reliable"

• "I am able to adjust it to fit my businesses perfectly. "

• Cons

• "I have no negative comments about this company."

• "They have great ideas yet implementing them seem a little slow at times. Yet, I have to have things yesterday."

• "-Would really like to have a quote/estimate function - I wish importing and updating inventory items was easier"

Browse Smartwerks_USA Reviews

Michelle from Naturepedic Organic Mattress Gallery Dallas

Amazing Customer Service

My overall experience has been awesome! The customer service has been outstanding. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a tremendous asset at Smartwerks. She not only made the transition easy she continuously helps to solve problems and guide us to get the best use of the product.

Pros

The customization of this product was great! I had specific needs for multiple locations that so far no other software has been able to do.

Cons

I would love to see a report that specifically lets you see all PO's past and open. The integration was smooth and easy.

Reasons for Choosing Smartwerks_USA

The customization and inventory system were key in making my decision. The price was also very competitive. I felt like it was a good value for what I needed.

Zane from Mattress Savvy

Industry: Furniture

Finally an affordable and reliable POS for my Mattress business.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a reliable and affordable POS system.

Pros

It has all the important features a small or medium size business such as my would need. Mattress Savvy signed up with Smartwerks two years ago and it's been completely reliable and affordable. I am also pleased to see that the programmers are willing to listen to ideas and experiences of the customers, when it comes to requesting certain features be added to the software it definitely builds confidence knowing the company is there beside you every steep of the way.

Cons

I would love to be able to, switch between Transaction Type WO (work order) Take With or Delivery even after ticket is created, for example some customers change their mind and decide to pick up the order instead of having it delivered after ticket is created, but I don't believe switching the Transaction Type is possible once ticket is created.

Ed from Hamilton Computer Service

Industry: Information Services

Not feeling very smart after using

Before selecting this product make sure it is for you as in our situation it was the wrong choice for our needs.

Pros

Cloud based is a plus. Not really any other benefit that I can point out besides this.

Cons

We were told yes you can only to find out a lot of features we want that no you can not. We ended up switching off this solution as it often would lag sometimes seemed at lunchtime when we were buy would be next to none functional.

July 2015

Ann from The Community Synagogue, Port Washington, NY

July 2015

POS System Newbies Have Awesome Experience with Smartwerks!

Pros

We were looking to computerize the inventory/POS functions for a small Judaica Shop that resides inside The Community Synagogue in Port Washington, NY. The shop sells various religious and holiday items to the synagogue members and is staffed by volunteers (who have day jobs). We were looking for a system that was straightforward, easy to use and "sized right" for our small shop. From our very first conversation with the sales team at Smartwerks, they understood our needs, our inexperience with a computerized system and our budget constraints. He was very patient with us as we ask numerous questions, but we realized quickly that this simple yet effective system was the right choice for us. Our dealings with Smartwerks have been smooth and pleasant. Our account executive has been very responsive to our questions and the staff is always willing to provide guidance and answers to our various "start up" issues.

Cons

We have not had any profound negative dealings with the vendor. Two "wish list" items relating to the Smarkwerks product are: 1. The ability to put two prices on the sales tickets: an MSRP and "our price." Because we discount most items in the shop, we would like to highlight that discount either on the sales ticket or the sales receipt. 2. Be able to print more reports from the system, most notably the "Advanced Item Search". This is such a great report and it would be made even more valuable if it could be printed and used as a reference when reviewing the stock on the shelves.

Brian from Eased Edges

Great Value and Continualy Making Improvements

I have been using Smarkwerks since 2010 when it was in its infancy. Although, at that time it was somewhat limited in functionality, I chose to switch from Quickbooks to Smartwerks because I liked the program’s interface and after talking to them, I knew that Smartwerks was dedicated to continue making many improvements to the software. I run a hearth and specialty retail store and was looking for a POS System that would take care of as much as possible, because I didn’t want to use too many different systems. Many of the other programs I looked at had a lot of features, but I didn’t like their interface and they were very expensive. They are always adding features and Smartwerks continues to get better and better. I love the fact that I can log in from anywhere just like I was in my office. If you are looking for a POS System that has a lot of features, but won’t break the bank, you should give Smartwerks a try.

Pros

- Integrated Credit Card Processing - Cloud base hosting so I can log in from anywhere! - The time clock has helped me keep more accurate time for my employees -The work order function is great for our service calls and to be able to keep notes in one central location

Julie from Mattress By Appointment South Atlanta

Industry: Furniture

I researched them all and this is THE BEST bang for your buck!

I am a very happy customer. As with any program, there are always things that you "wish" that they did. It's impossible to find one that is absolutely perfect, but I can tell you that this one is as close to perfect as it can be! They listen to my needs, help every single time I reach out, and are working to create new things that will help me even more. My suggestion is not to even waste time looking at the other options. Let them do a demo for you and you see all that you need!

Pros

Any system has a learning curve, but this one is really intuitive and easy to understand. Clearly they made it as user friendly as possible. The customer service is beyond extraordinary. The training has been the best that I've ever received with ANY platform that I've ever used. The program thinks of everything. Once it is all understood and up and running, it literally does everything any business owner could possibly want or need. This includes the accounting end, which tracks everything for you. It's just so easy to use!! The cost is super competitive. I have a very specialized type of business and priced all of their competitors. They were HANDS DOWN the most cost effective, which is shocking, based on all of the features that they offer for the money! I'm beyond pleased!

Michael J from Continental Fine Wine & Spirits

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Smartwerks in Connecticut !

The world of POS systems is vast and complex. If you are a small retailer who needs updating you can surely get lost in the quagmire of different POS sytems and their pricing schemes; paticularly if IT is not your strong suit ! However, Smartwerks seems to capture just enough software complexity without overwhelming the prospective customer. Their support staff is top notch - bar none. When they say 24 - 7, they actually mean it and have experienced this support throughout the learning curve and still today almost two years later. One of the best business decisions I have made since the purchase of my business.

Pros

Easy and mostly intuitive

Cons

Not just for the Liquor industry

Peter from America's Mattress

Nice Product

Overall we are happy with the product and service we are receiving. The pricing for the service is very competitive which we love.

Pros

I love the easy to use software program. Training our team once we converted was a breeze. It's also great having the ability to log into the cloud to check on sales while I am away traveling on business.

Cons

The system could use more detailed sales reporting tools and should be more simplified to adjust line item pricing to process refunds

David from David Pierson Designs

May 2016

Best Software We've Used After 30 Years of Business!

Pros

Smartwerks has made tracking our jewelry inventory hassle free! Everything is at our finger tips- inventory, customer information, vendor accounting, you name it. Everything is easily accessible on the cloud based software system! I've never been more pleased with a POS software. After 30 years of business, we are definitely sticking with Smartwerks!

Cons

We would like the software to include a customer "Wish List" section.

Dean from MOvape

Excellent Company

Pros

Cons

I have no negative comments about this company.

Mike from Vitamins 4 Less

Fantastic POS product.

Pros

The system is easy to use and is quick. So you can checkout multiple customers fast. Set-up and training was not difficult.

Cons

My only wish is that you could integrate any credit card company at checkout (you can use whatever company you want but would need a separate credit card terminal). So it takes one extra step and a couple of more seconds.

Justin from Spencers Audio & Video

Great POS system

From day one everything has been great. The product is great and the customer service is the same. The representative is always there to help navigate through issues and they are more than happy to help.

Pros

Ease of use and the EZ sales app. With any smart device, you can do a sale in the field. It's great for my company and very convenient.

Cons

There really are none. Anytime you have an issue they do what they can to help and actually change the program to help meet your company needs. It's awesome.

February 2015

Erick from RiverMist Vapor

February 2015

Smartwerks Experience with RiverMist Vapor

Pros

The product is intuitive and easy to use. Our accountant loves working with it and says it saves on billable hours over QuickBooks for her services. It's easy to train employees on and get them up and running (keywords are important). As far as working with the Smartwerks team, they are unbeatable! Everyone is a real person, is down to earth, and truly has an interest in success. Constant product development to improve the product and adapt to industry trends. Hands down best money spent!

Cons

Windows only for the Admin side. Although I have recently installed it on my Mac without having to run Windows, and it works flawlessly. Ability to retrieve live numbers from a phone app on the go would be a plus when it goes live.

May 2015

Max from Vapin N Valpo

May 2015

Smartwerks Works For You

Pros

For people that are detail oriented, this system offers quite a bit on the back end for reporting and accounting, and paired with the excellent support they offer as a whole the program works great for us. Many software companies have a tendency to make people feel inferior because of their vast knowledge of computers, but this is not something you have to worry about with the people at Smartwerks.

Cons

There are a few small things that bother me about the system. For example, using most of the search functions you have to physically click on the search button instead of typing what you're looking for and hitting the enter key.

October 2012

Frank from Bike Pros, Inc.

October 2012

When we purchased the bike shop, the previous owner was using a cash register and paper inventory and had no customer data. We started looking for Point of Sale software so that we could accurately track inventory, customer information and daily sales. We found Smartwerks. We were immediately impressed by the sales and support staff. They set up a demo store for us to test their system. This influenced our decision to go with Smartwerks. The implementation process was very easy. We had a running Point of Sale system within a day. Bike Pros has been using Smartwerks since March of 2010 and we very happy with this product. With Smartwerks we are now able to accurately track our sales, customers, inventory and vendors within one system that is full featured and easy to use. We spend less time worrying whether we have this part or that bicycle and more time with our customers.

Mike from Mattress By Appointment Ravena

Industry: Furniture

Smartwerks takes all the work out of tracking inventory and numbers.

Pros

This software is new to us, and of course we love to track all the numbers in our business. Smartwerks makes it simple to see what we have on hand, on order, and what was sold, to who, when and for how much. Plus we are building a history/base of customers for ease during repeat sales and future promotions. We are only using the Inventory/Sales portion of the software so far, can't wait to get into the accounting end. Customer support is excellent during the learning curve.

Cons

Hard to answer this one, but being a novice (from old world pen and paper days) user-friendliness would be about the only Con so far. I feel like a pain sometimes asking customer support for help to know how to fix a mistake I made, or a customer caused due to their situation or a change of mind.

Nick from Nick and Sons Furniture Outlet

Glade we signed up

The program is affordable.The support team is outstanding especially Sharon the training coordinator, she is concerned, very professional , super available and , detail oriented and above allvery patient.

Pros

User friendly , great support personnel , logical set up, affordable and above all we are receiving comprehensive training.

Cons

wish the invoice was more flexible , need more room to add our detailed conditions of sale and store policies.

September 2013

Kris from Vapin' Apes

September 2013

I have been using Smartwerks since the opening of my business December 2012. I spent about 6 weeks looking for the right software and decided to try out Smartwerks based on the features offered and the excellent communication and fast responses to all of my questions by Patrick at Smartwerks. Learning how to use the software is very easy. Sandy and William did an awesome job showing me how everything worked. Adding inventory, making changes, and managing customers is very simple. I am really happy with the decision that I made and now that we have expanded to a second location, the cloud based system that they use is a must. With it, we can view in real time, any of our locations history along with keeping one customer database that covers as many locations as we decide to open in the future.

Jordan from Purple Cloudz Vape shop Bartow, FL

Smartwerks System review

Pros

They are very helpful when it comes to any type of support you may need regarding the program.

Cons

I've been using Smartwerks since my shop opened 7 months ago and I haven't ran into anything I don't like about the product. Any area I can't figure out on my own customer care always makes sure I get a full understanding of the feature.

July 2014

Amy from Simply Snazzy Boutique & Gifts

July 2014

Where do I begin?

Pros

It's easy to use for a beginner, but it lacks simple updates.

Cons

It would be great to enter new inventory and quantities all on one screen. It need an option to cancel a sale. It also needs the option to be able to return items without using a credit card when selecting the option to run the credit outside of the normal credit card system. Currently, this doesn't work. It needs an option to return items/exchange on one receipt/transaction. Currently, we have to return the item, issue a credit on the credit card, and then start a new transaction in order to complete an exchange. They need support after hours for any problems. I was told that the after hours emergency number is for use only when you can't run sales. It doesn't help much when you are in different time zones and encounter problems that have to wait until the following day.

August 2015

Jennifer from Two Fish Inn/Two Fish Vacation Rentals

August 2015

Makes my life easier!

Pros

I am able to adjust it to fit my businesses perfectly.

September 2016

Renee from Paradise Jewelry & Treasures

September 2016

We love it!

Pros

The software is very easy to use and to load in to the computer.

Cons

Sometimes when the power is out or the internet is out it is a bit of an inconvenience.

Penny from Grizzly Broadband

Very Basic

Pros

Very basic product for a minimal use inventory company

Cons

Did not have a lot of the features needed for a full inventory retail store

Jamie from Owl and Ivy

Industry: Furniture

Frustrating and not really worth the discounted fees.

I would never be able to recommend this company and we intend to switch to something else soon.

Pros

Monthly cost & start up fees are relatively low. Cloud-based software works on multiple platforms, not just tablets.

Cons

Inventory system is way too complicated, often inaccurate & frustrating - it takes forever to enter new items, so unless you plan on carrying the exact same merchandise forever, you will be struggling any time you get new things in. Customer service is lacking - almost every time we contact them with an issue they claim no one has ever had that problem before and then they blame our equipment/internet for the problem (until they figure out what it actually is).

Ken from Westbury Stove and Fireplace

Smartwerks POS system

Pros

Attentive service whenever I have questions. Seem to try to adapt new ideas into the software as often as possible.

Cons

Just minor little issues as far as operation go, but they have fixed some and continue to work towards fixes for the others.

August 2013

Sophia from Fine Jewelry & Watch Retailer

August 2013

POS System without a lot of "attitude". Simple, straightforward, easy to use. The Smartwerks company is flexible and adaptable as our needs change. Very reasonable license agreement and monthly user fees. The Smartwerks team are always available to answer our questions, either by phone or via email. If they don't have the answer right away, they will work to find a solution for us. The personal service and attention that we have been given has exceeded our expectation.

October 2013

Kim from Kim's Fine Jewelry

October 2013

I opened my jewelry store one year ago. I decided to go with Smartwerks software, and it has proven to be a great decision. It is easy to train new employees, and I love the way it keeps track of my inventory. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. They have even made changes to suit our needs. Customer support is always available. I would recommend Smartwerks to anyone that is looking for a competent program that is user-friendly.

David from Factory Mattress Discount

January 2016

Tremendous experience! Easy for the sales staff to learn, fast ROI.

Pros

Our sales have increased as our staff can now see inventories across multiple locations, giving them the ability to close the sale and meet customer needs. It is easy to learn and train sales people on the ease of use. Support staff has been excellent to work with and very responsive.

Cons

Compatability with financing companies so customer information only has to be entered once.

June 2014

David from Dawson Jewelers

June 2014

No more QuickBooks!

Pros

One program does it all: accounting and POS.

Cons

There's lag time on the internet. It's slow to log in and find customers' names. The search takes a little time to get used to. Double-clicking on invoice numbers is a little buggy/slow.

Bill from Mattress Superstore

Industry: Furniture

Good point of sale system

Easy to use and the price is right for the cloud system.

Pros

Cons

Too much work when you have to change a sales invoice or do an exchange. Seems like these no easy way to do a inventory if your products and mixed together

Bruce from R&B services

Great

Pros

These days, finding simplicity is desired greatly. they have found a way to delegate the tedious task