(1,155)

1,155

• Pros

• "It works great and integrates well with other softwares we use."

• "Stripe was the best, it was simple and designed perfectly. We never had problems! Totally recommend as the best payment processor."

• "I love the prices and the convenience of signing up - was fast simple and easy - "

• Cons

• "Only one negative side: it can be a bit pricey, but it's quite worth it."

• "If you are not technical, the implementation could be daunting, but easily outsourced or facilitated through plugins and integrations."

• "Some fees and currency limitations are in place which can make it not as cost effective as other payment methods but still a good solution."

Browse Stripe Reviews

Matthew from Atlas Internet Marketing LLC

Integrates seamlessly with everything

Very positive. Great alternative for start up businesses, or online businesses that can save a lot of time.

Pros

So you can use Stripe with invoicing and subscription software or you can build out your own system if you are a geek that is PCI compliant fairly easily. Almost everything has an integration option and if you get stuck with a problem for whatever reason you can log into the dashboard and usually figure it out from there, if you can't they have great support documentation and even a chat option. Compared to similar competitors you even save a little bit. I especially like their ACH fees, some of the lowest I've seen. An added bonus is that I don't have to pay for monthly statement fees or pay the annual PCI compliance fee and surveys because they add that into the flat rate.

Cons

Only thing I'd like to see is an option to download statements in a PDF format like previous merchant processing providers, but rarely do I need it.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I liked the interface and integrations a little more than Paypal plus I save a little bit on the percentage, not much but every little helps.

Shane from EWWW Image Optimizer

Payment processing to suit your needs

Originally, we were looking to implement metered subscriptions for our SaaS offering, and we needed something that would integrate with a solution for WordPress. Stripe had exactly what we needed, and has continued to be our preferred payments solution for any new services we offer.

Pros

The flexibility of Stripe is enormous. Every little detail can be customized (or not), as your business needs dictate. The documentation and testing environments are extremely developer-friendly, the docs even include real examples from your activity in the testing environment. With all that, it's not difficult to get up and going with all the various implementations available. For the simplest use, signup, grab your keys, and plugin them into your e-commerce software.

Cons

This was so much easier than working with PayPal, I really can't think of anything negative. But perhaps something I like "least"? That would probably be the settings section for tweaking things like payment receipts, logos, colors, etc. Seems I have to go hunting a bit to find just what I'm looking for, though it doesn't take long, and once you have it setup, it's not like you'll have to change the settings often.

Ed from Paddledoo Music

Best card processing

As a back office processing system with good security and good user interface, it can't be beat.

Pros

Low rate, excellent security, prompt direct transfer to bank account, good analytics, embeds on website and works without making people leave my site, clear user interface, good integration with other software, intelligent processing (e.g. prevents double subscriptions)

Cons

Not much at all that i don't like, as long as I'm not expecting it to do things it can't do. It is better, for example, than PayPal in website processing but can't replace PayPal or Square for one on one payments.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

In certain areas, such as website purchases and subscriptions, Stripe is best. In other areas, I find the others to work better.

Ryan from Cultivated Synergy

Terrible policies and unnecessarily expensive

Easy to use, but that one positive note comes with terrible policies, very expensive rates, and awful customer service.

Pros

It is commonly used and easily syncs with many major online sources. The unfortunate side of that is they have terrible policies and are expensive on the processing fee.

Cons

The "Dispute" aspect of this platform is a joke. The processing fee is also ridiculously high considering how poor their customer service is. We have had 5 occurrences already of clients "disputing" payments and the client wins every time. The frustration grows knowing all of the "disputes" of clients came after our company carried out the service, the client got what they wanted, and we did not get paid for it. To add to it, these disputes that favored the client after review, came after our company supplied Stripe with signed contracts, proof of conversations on the topic/invoice, and proof of the client utilizing the service. All for nothing after we charged the client and less than a week later they "Disputed" the service, won and got all their money back resulting in our company being out the revenue and having to personally pay for the service to our employees. We are an event venue so this is extremely unfortunate because all 5 of these occurrences of disputes that we lost have happened after the event and service was provided to the client. I would not recommend Stripe to anyone from our experiences. Our company changed our policies and is no longer using Stripe due to these experiences and losing thousands of dollars due to their loose policies.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

It was the only option we had through a software platform our company uses, Gather. After getting set up it is made clear why they are partners, both parties pull large fees compared to their competitors. We no longer use Stripe and have converted to Quickbooks which has been so much better in all ways.

Excelent E-Commerce Payment Processor - Outstanding Security!

Very happy with the Stripe platform and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Stripe has an excellent product, that integrates with our WooCommerce store seamlessly. The features are robust, which includes outstanding security to detect and block fraudulent transaction attempts. Since switching to Stripe and adjusting our security settings, we have not had 1 chargeback or fraudulent charge!

Cons

2.9% + 30¢ per successful card charge ads up. The pricing is well aligned with the industry, but it could always be cheaper, as volume heavy transactions add up quickly!

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Seamless integration with WooCommerce, and seemed to be the most popular payment gateway integration on the platform.

Excellent platform for build a SaaS app

So far, the Stripe team has been great and the platform has been very reliable. Most issues we have experienced are generally related to the credit card issuer and not Stripe.

Pros

One of the best APIs out there. Many examples and great customer support make Stripe easy to integrate. A broad feature set allows you to grow into the product as needed. Excellent Partner Program support as well.

Cons

This is not necessarily Stripe's fault as they do their best to shield you as best as possible from changes to the financial / banking networks, but it can be difficult to keep up with these changes as their API is updated to support them (e.g. privacy changes, refund policy changes, etc...).

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Better developer support. Better split payment support for charging application fees than most other providers.

David from OneTwoPay

Stripe is in a league of its own

I use Stripe for collecting payments from customers on my website. It is reliable and flexible and has everything I need.

Pros

It is so easy to setup and use. It is primarily designed for online businesses like mine and has unbelievable support. They are so responsive.

Cons

It has a relatively high per transaction fee so it can get expensive if you are collecting lots of small payments. The software is great.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe is easier to use, has better support and more features designed for e-commerce.

Chris from WP Mantis

Why would you use anything else?

The fact that I can easily see the numbers of increase and decrease in subscriptions, churn, and overall revenue helps me make better business decisions faster.

Pros

So easy, so smooth. Always works. Great Dashboard with tons of insights. Integrates so easily. The ability to create subscriptions and manage billing. To manually run charges with stored cards. The documentation is so in-depth and detailed

Cons

The fees. But I understand they are necessity for Stripe to continue as a solution. But there isn't anything about the software itself that I do not like!

The merchant account of your dreams for solopreneurs.

My overall experience with stripe has been amazing. I've used them for years without any problems.

Pros

Getting a merchant account used to be an expensive, time consuming, finger crossing process 10 years ago. However, stripe makes the process free, quick, and easy. It also integrates with practically every piece of software you would ever want to connect your merchant account to. This includes clickfunnels, chargebee, quickbooks, and shopify.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there is no easy built in cart functionality. However, that's no big deal. Stripe wants to focus purely on the merchant processing side. It integrates with a lot of carts. Also if you're a coder they give you access to code and their API so you can do it yourself.

David from Metaglyphics Web Development

Excellent Payment Gateway

Stripe is dead simple to integrate.

Pros

Stripe has a simple, user-friendly interface, and it integrates seamlessly into my websites.

Cons

I wish the fees were lower, but they're industry standard.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I use both, but I prefer Stripe for any website that takes payments without having to redirect to a gateway website. And for any site that uses recurring billing, Stripe is the way to go!

The Money Manager

My Experience with stripe is always good apart from that sily incidence as a business.I like it so much that i am using it even for personal use and I always recommend people about the user friendliness of Stripe , whether it is for Business use or Individual use . It is very user friendly, Transactions processed with the blink of any eye .It can be used in any platform starting from very large Organization to very small organization .Even stripe provide multiple benefits on bulk transactions . This is all I can tell you about stripe today.Start Stripe Journey and One would fall in Love with this site for any transactions.

Pros

Whenever people talk about Global Payments Processing or receiving INDUSTRY , i think Paypal THE GIANT took away all the credits because people recognize them the Most however we cannot the hard work of other organizations contribution who has been exceptional in the same Payment Processing industry and one Name I would say is ''STRIPE " Why I really like them is because they are always hungry to deliver the world , whether its a new product, new functionalities or new technology discovered in the Global payments Industry etc. they are working Tirelessly with a Zeal to Achieve high and make things easy for every individual or every organization level's"which is really huge to achieve in the world. Even if I talk about or anyone check their website the functionalities of STRIPE are so easy, like everything in your finger and one need not to be expert to use the STRIPE website to process a transactions or perform an action its so easy and I believe such user friendliness matter's a lot at business ,and I can tell you such things cannot be achieved or acquired in oneday or couple of day .All it needs is a combination of Hardwork,Dedication , Expertise and Zeal to it and showcase the world .This is what Stripe is and I like it what they do best in business.

Cons

I did not had any hard time with Stripe though , but things I remember which I personally experience twice is past and I least like that about stripe .It was the Stripe customer service /technical desk who generally assist business users to resolve User IDs / Individual Terminal Access Glitches while facing problem . I wonder if such happens once than I can take it as individual exception but unfortunately it happened twice i.e, for a simple resolution it took 48hrs to resolve a simple problem and most importantly the Customer Service /Technical Desk was not even liable to do the initial or basic checks simply because the Stripe Policies does not allow and I I did not like it at all.

Excellent option to streamline your payment processing

Stripe has allowed me to accept payments in a fluid, efficient way that makes payment processing one less thing to worry about. I have accepted payments without any issue and received transfers of my earnings in a rapid and regular fashion. They've thought through every aspect of the service, and I especially like that I can easily track my payments received and total amounts right at the dashboard. Connecting it to my Squarespace website shop was a match made in heaven!

Pros

With Stripe, you can accept payments by linking it to your online shop or on the go with a physical payment processor. I used Stripe for both and found it to be secure, simple to use and efficient. The fee per payment was very reasonable, and you can also use Stripe to keep track of how much you're paid. You can have the payments deposited automatically into a checking account of your choice, so it's a one-stop shop for a payment processor that pleases both myself and my clients. It's an excellent choice for small (or large) businesses that want to accept credit cards as a form of payment. One quality I particularly appreciate is the ability to accept payments in a variety of international currencies.

Cons

While the fee is reasonable, as a small percentage of the total amount accepted per transaction, it does add up on larger payments from clients. Another thing that's a small obstacle to using Stripe is they do ask questions about what kind of payments you accept and what your business is, so you can only use Stripe pending Stripe's approval.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Square seemed to have fewer functionalities, and for online shops the options to accept payments was at a higher cost through Square. Stripe offered everything Square does, and more!

Sarah from Speak Creative

Easy Integration for a Variety of Content Management Systems

Customer service is excellent, the product itself is excellent, and it fulfills all of our needs and the needs of our clients.

Pros

Stripe is by far the most secure, easy to use, and easily integrated service of its type. We work with organizations both large and small, and whether a client has team members who are going to be working in their CMS after their website is designed or not, Stripe is the best option. It is easy to use, even for beginners and even those who are not designers and developers, and the fact that it doesn't allow hackers to add code to the checkout page protects our clients better than any other system we've seen. We recommend a Stripe integration for every single client who has an online store or sells any number of products online.

Cons

It does require some knowledge of front end development to integrate with many CMS platforms, even Wordpress. It's not necessarily the easiest to setup, even if you know your way around Wordpress or drag and drop design platforms. The only other downside is that checkout forms are not customizable. This is actually not a bad downside for us because the reason they are not so is due to the inability to add custom code to the checkout form, making it more secure. Trading customization for security is a no brainer on our end, but if you are an agency with a picky client, or if you just really want a custom checkout form, Stripe won't work for you. Then again, if you're willing to have your customer's credit card information stolen just because you refuse to use a templated checkout form that looks modern and is efficient and easy to use, your opinion sucks anyway.

Nick from Cognize LLC

The Best Payment Processor for both Beginners and Experienced Developers

My experience with Stripe has been fantastic overall. They have done a great job with user experience and documentation. It's a company that truly opens up a world of entrepreneurial possibilities for everyone.

Pros

Stripe is easy to implement and offers a robust API for experienced developers to create highly customized solutions. It's easy to integrate with other platforms, create one-off charges for customers or subscriptions.

Cons

While the fees are competitive, they can get high on high dollar transactions. I try to resort to ACH transactions for larger transactions, but they can take about a week to process. I wish this was faster.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I chose Stripe for its ease of use, their sense of design, its flexibility, API Documentation, and plentiful features.

Jon from Digital 360

Client Payment Option

I’ve used Stripe from the beginning and have had no issues with it.

Pros

What I like most about Stripe is the level of encryption and security associated with the product. I also like the ease in which Stripe can be implemented / integrated on websites and e-commerce platforms.

Cons

The lack of other apps that can be used with Stripe but that’s an industry wide issue, regardless of payment platform, due to privacy and security.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Square required a “dongle” instead of a secure website. PayPal does have a secure website to make payments but I felt Stripe was faster and less cumbersome.

Becky from Monster Studios LLC

Stripe is my first choice for all merchant processing needs

I love Stripe. I would use them for all of my merchant processing needs whenever possible. They have a solid platform that just works. Even if you are technically challenged, you can set up a Stripe account and plug it into your business. They do a great job of scrubbing transactions for potential fraud and they are quick to pay out, usually within 1-2 business days. My bank tried to get me to change my merchant processing to them from Stripe, but they wanted me to sign a contact for 2 years and pay monthly fees whether I used it or not. Stripe doesn't do any of that nonsense. They charge you for each transaction and that is it.

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up an account and authorize it for use. Reporting is easy and useful, and I love that I get a snapshot of my income immediately upon logging in. Adding in new business is easy and allows me to keep my revenue streams organized for both me and my customers. Each new business lets me set a new statement descriptor so my customers know what they are paying for when reviewing their credit card statements. They are integrated with many different platforms, including ecommerce and accounting software, so connecting the many pieces of your business is easy.

Cons

They have some extremely technical pieces of their software, including webhooks and API calls. If you are not technically minded, this can get confusing and potentially cause issues with your credit card processing. But as long as you are working with software that is integrated well (think Woocommerce or Xero) then it should be very easy to use Stripe in your business. Also, while it is great that they send emails to my customers that have issues with their recurring transactions, they do not give those customers a way to update their credit card information. This seems like a no brainer considering they are the processor and they are giving notice that they are unable to process the card they have on file. Instead, they continue to email my customer, who then contacts me and I have to try to sort this out for them.

Kamila from Heart Behind Hustle

It's what I use to process payments!

I am pleased with them so far, I have heard from colleagues saying they can easily process millions per year in Stripe and without issues so I am looking forward to continuing to grow with this payment processor by my side.

Pros

I used to use my bank's merchant for 3-4 years, thinking they were giving me a better rate. long story short, they weren't AND they were confusing to use. So I switched to Stripe, which is frequently used in my field of coaching and digital products. I have been very happy so far. - I am able to process payments myself, it integrate with 3rd party shopping carts with ease (I use ThriveCart), it allows to create trials, subscriptions, all the things I wanted. PLUS I get to charge and bill clients on my own too with their cards on file which sometimes we have to do when the clients tell us to do so, instead of having to send constant shopping cart links. I was doing that before with Infusionsoft and my merchant, but now I can do it all within Stripe and it's easy. - I have not had any issues with Stripe holding my funds or anything. Pleased. - I like their simple reporting as well, how much money you've made each day, etc. It's nice to see the comparisons on the monthly basis as well.

Cons

- It's a bit complicated to use for someone who might not be techy. I am pretty techy and I think I've got a handle on it, especially since I mainly use it as the processor with my shopping cart, but if I had to use Stripe on its own, it probably would get complicated. - Sometimes I find it hard to find what I need to in Stripe. Like, a payment would get declined and I'd want to rebill or attempt the rebill - sometimes it's hard to find the option to do that on the declined payment. I always do eventually find it, but I never know EXACTLY how to do it. - I wish the payments landed in my bank sooner but I just switched it so it lands in my bank like a day or so after being collected which is better. My own merchant would be next day so this is now closer. - Obviously always would be nicer if the fees were lower but it is on par with every other option out there so this can't really be a con since it's not HIGHER.

Richard from The Internet Czar

Super easy and straight-forward to integrate and use.

Most of our business transactions are processed through Stripe and we've set Stripe up for clients who require online merchant processing. By far the easiest and most straight-forward merchant processor to setup for online processing.

Pros

Hands down, the easiest merchant processor to integrate into Gravity Forms or WooCommerce - I have to imagine it integrates just as easy with other popular tools, but my experience is limited to Gravity Forms and WooCommerce. Within Stripe itself, navigating is intuitive and easy with very friendly report tools. Looking up transactions is easy and may be search by name, email address, transaction id, and even partial data (like billing address, product, etc). Full and partial refunds are also very easy to manage. The reporting is especially helpful as it goes back in detail for as long as you've been a customer (so, I have data going back 3 years all readily available). I also appreciate the popularity of Stripe and how common third-party integration has become - in my case into AgileCRM and Freshbooks. Lastly, they have an amazing free iPhone app. Very useful for when you're on the road and you can basically do everything from the app that you could do from their desktop dashboard.

Cons

I have never won a dispute - no not one - and the process seems entirely automated. While I have only had four disputes in the past 12 months, all of which were admitted mistakes on the customer's part, I submitted emailed conversations with the client where they admitted error, and I still lost. Since then, I've been told it's best to get the client to contact their credit card company to rescind the dispute but it was frustrating that the process is so automated that it seems not to favor the merchant. So, with that in mind, if you ever have a dispute, work with the customer to get them to rescind it.

Larry from Airigami, LLC

Reliable, easy to use payment processing

We have used AuthorizeNet, Square, and Stripe for our processing. So far, I'm much happier with Stripe than the others due to the ease of use, both in configuration and reviewing reports. After trying Stripe with one business, we quickly decided to move the others over. I hope they get around to adding a mobile solution similar to Square.

Pros

The best part of Stripe is how easy it is to set up. I'm using it for multiple businesses. Setting up each business was quick, easy, and error free. I'm able to access each business with a single login, but each business is kept independent, so it's clear and always easy to see which account I'm reviewing. In addition, adding others that need to have access (partners, bookkeeper, assistant), and granting them only the privileges they need has been equally straightforward. We have both custom applications that we needed to integrate Stripe with, as well as off the shelf packages/services and have found it very easy to set up for all of our uses. Navigating purchases, receipts, and reports is also easy. We have had no issues at all with service so far.

Cons

The only thing I'm disappointed by is the lack of a mobile solution. For mobile payments, we're using Square.

Jamie from African Enterprise

Stripe is fantastic

We use another online giving platform that runs on top of Stripe, which we like very much, and the combination of these two works really well for us. It's enabled us to receive gifts on one platform from all credit cards, ApplePay, GooglePay, bank transfer and more. And, as I said, the customer service is top-notch

Pros

The customer service is extremely fast and helpful and the Stripe personnel are eager to help, easy to talk to and committed to ensuring that everything is taken care of. The software just works well and is really reliable.

Cons

It can be a bit hard to use and understand. It was set up for for-profit companies and some aspects of it are not so user-friendly for nonprofits

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

It was easier to use and offered us more giving options in one platform

Binyamin from Galil Soil Farm

Industry: Farming

Wouldn't Use Any Other Online Payment Processor

Although not particularly robust, Stripe is simple, easy, and reliable, and when it comes to handling other peoples money that is exactly what I'm looking for. Honest, simlple, easy, reliable!

Pros

Sometimes you just find exactly what you're looking for. When I stumbled upon Stripe it was one of those times. At first I was even skeptical, it sounded way too good to be true, an online payment processor that offered all the features I needed, was easy and intuitive to navigate. I showed it to a friend who told me if its too good to be true its probably a scam. But in this case I've been using Stripe for over five or six years and I couldn't be happier with it. Stripe is easy to use, and efficient. From Stripe, money is deposited directly into my bank account within a matter of a day or two. What's more, the online checkout on my webstore is, thanks to Stripe, very cutting edge looking which adds to costumer trust when purchasing my, not exactly inexpensive, products. I like Stripe. I trust Stripe. And, with the utmost confidence, I highly recommend Stripe.

Cons

When its comes to "Cons," I'm sorry to disappoint but I can really think of very few cons. I suppose my needs are fairly simple, and if my needs were financially more complex I would need a platform with a more robust set of offerings. But that being not the case, I just can't think of many minuses to using Stripe.

Amna from TechCrunchX

One of the easiest payment processor!

Overall, because of the ease of signup, fast account starting, least lenghty forms, easy refunds etc, I really like it. Just wish they accepted high risk sites (maybe with higher fees etc?)

Pros

Its very easy to sign up. I've tried dozens of payment processors and they all have tons of pages and information they ask first before we can begin our first transaction. The best thing about Stripe is that they can confirm your SSN with your name/address etc and voila, in 5 minutes after you sign up (which also takes at most 5 minutes), you can actually start collecting payments on your website!

Cons

They have no flexibility for high risk accounts. One of my client whose account was closed because of being 'high risk' (even though he didn't have ANY dispute for 6 months) offered them DOUBLE the comission, but STripe simply refused. Didn't budge or counter offer anything. That customer does half a million dollars worth of gross revenue business per annum right now (and growing), yet Stripe ditched him!

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I tried over a dozen payment processors, and each one has a ton of forms to fill out, lenghty verifications etc etc. Stipe was the simplest and quickest!

Randi from Randam LLC

Simple App for Website eCommerce and Online Payments

My overall experience has been lovely. I will continue to use Stripe and recommend it to my clients. I have my own ecommerce websites and help others build their own and always use you when I can.

Pros

EASE of install! I've been using Stripe for many years now. I first used it for my e-Commerce website MensAccessoriesBox.com and found your system to be the easiest to install onto my Wordpress website and I needed to setup recurring monthly automatic payments for my customers and I had no issues with Stripe. Ease of Use! I can easily see my sales. I can give refunds, I can charge credit cards and setup users directly on stripe. I use stripe now for all my businesses and when I am building an ecommerce website I encourage my clients to use Stripe. 1099 forms - I like that Stripe provides 1099 forms when I made more than a certain amount each year Easy to give refunds and partial refunds Fraud protection is pretty good on basic version

Cons

Invoicing - for a while I couldn't figure out how I could send invoicing thru Stripe, so I used PayPal for that. But I believe you now make that possible and I need to explore that area further. Customer service-Navigating your support area to get to live chat or phone number can be tricky sometimes, requires a few clicks. I wish it was a little easier or offer a live chat bubble on the dashboard and support area right away.

Dave from Escape Creative

The Gold Standard for Accepting Online Payments

I can't say anything negative about these guys. For all the areas PayPal fails, and is incredibly frustrating to work with sometimes, Stripe comes in and makes everything simple. They are THE gold standard for accepting online payments.

Pros

Stripe is one of those products that JUST WORKS. They have meticulously thought through every detail of accepting online payments, and they take care of it all in the background so you can run your business. They have automated fraud detection, a beautiful UI, several bank deposit scheduling options, just the right amount of customization options for invoices & receipts, seamlessly allow for recurring subscriptions, and provide great reporting. They also have an Android app with limited features, but it provides a great overview of your daily, weekly and monthly stats.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any. I've never had a problem with any part of their software. It's integrated seamlessly with a WordPress plugin I use called Easy Digital Downloads, and I've had no issues in the 12 months since I've been selling with Stripe. If I HAD TO mention one, it would be that they aren't available in all countries yet. They are expanding to add more countries, and have about 10 or so in a pilot program right now, but this could be a potential deal breaker if you do business in one of the countries they don't support.

Michael from Austin Brewery Tours

Stripe is the best payment gateway

Great. I was so happy when I found Stripe. I have never considered using anything else.

Pros

I like that it is easy to get up and running taking credit cards. The system has never failed me in 4 years.

Cons

I don't know. It works great, it's seamless. I guess what I like least about the product is the fee.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

It worked better and was easier to install.

Teegan from North Florida Naturopathic

Works Seamlessly with our billing software

This software, because of it's tight integration with Kareo EHR has allowed us to quickly and efficiently take payment from patients from a variety of credit card types. Because it is not an extra system, this has significantly cut down on the amount of training required for employees.

Pros

The reason we choose to use Stripe over another money collection service is that it works seamlessly with our health record billing software. This makes the process of checking patients out quick and efficient. We loved that stripe works with a credit card swiper as well. I also love having access to all of my transaction data in the Stripe mobile app.

Cons

The only problem I've run into is that since we are using Stripe as an integrative system, it doesn't register different patients in our EHR as "Customer" in the Stripe system. So I am unable to see statistics like the number of new customers and average revenue per customer. I would also like to see an option to customize which days are displayed when showing data for a week. For example: the graphs drop all the way to 0 on the weekends and our day off, which makes the income have sharp peaks and valleys.

Stripe integration with Kareo EHR

Jeremy from Jeremy Fulton Financial Coaching

Great payment solution for small businesses

I am using Stripe to collect client fees directly from my clients. Overall it's been a good experience and I have yet to have a real problem with it (unless it's my error).

Pros

I like that it allows me to build and send invoices directly from it without having to do any coding or sophisticated connecting of accounts. It also links to my online appointment software (Bookafy) should I want to use it when appointments are made. I can do all my billing through the web interface and track it through the iPhone app. Also, for small businesses the fees are some of the lowest for Credit Card transactions.

Cons

There are two things that make it less than perfect for my use case: 1. I sometimes set up a payment plan for clients instead of charging the full fee at one time. There is a built-in subscription feature, but no option to have an end date or end after X payments. I did contact support, and it can be done if I was interfacing via the API. But since that is beyond my skills/needs, I manually send each invoice when it's due. 2. Since it is such a powerful platform that can be scaled for businesses of all sizes, the interface is complicated, esp. since I'm not familiar with all the billing terms/processes a large company may use. But the help feature has helped me learn. If there was a simpler interface for non-power users, it would be appreciated.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

I chose Stripe primarily due to the lower fees it charges and it's professional nature for billing.

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

Stripe has THE best developer API and customer support out of all payment processors available.

Pros

The API development documents for this payment processor are literally the gold standard in the industry. Stripe provides personalized walk-throughs for almost all development questions addressed in their support documents which makes implementing their API incredibly simple. Their support is also top notch. Where I would have to wait for weeks to get a response from other large payment processors (Massive pain), slack shot me an email response within 24 hours and answered all the questions I had. Cannot recommend their service enough. 5 Stars from me.

Cons

Their dashboard, if you're not experienced in using software, can be quite confusing. I had to walk my business partner through some of the features that are seemingly hidden but a short period, he was able to pick up on most of it.

Raul from Nammu - Comercio Electrónico

Best alternative to paypal, elegant and easy to set up

I am using it for selling digital products online. It is easy to set up, and looks like one of the most serious companies in the field. I am also trying to use to integrate with an ecommerce shop, but waiting for their technical team to review the extension since some weeks ago. But I have good feeling that are really a tech company and are very ready. Before I was using the payment system of my bank, that has not improved in the last 5 years, and now is obsolete. I think with stripe I will have a good product, even when commissions are about 1% higher than other options.

Pros

I like that you can set it up very fast. They also offer some free integrations (as the one with Magento). Are a very active company creating new features, and even have 3D verification as an additional security issue. Right now I think it is the most used by online sellers.

Cons

What I like the less are the commissions. They range from 1.5% to 3.5% in my experience. I find that it is too high, but it is the standard in the market. Only few companies like Adyen are charging less, but I think that are more difficult to set up and maybe that much secure. Also, I think you need to configure the security setting specially if you sell digital products where you do not check if the address matches with the data of the card. Otherwise you will not only lose the money, but also have a charge back fee. Second thing that I like the less is that they take too long in my opinion to give the money of the order to the seller. In addition to that, I also do not like that if the customers pays in dollars and you are in Europe, they will transform the money to Euros (with a commission), and if you want them in dollars, you have to pay again again to transform them into dollars. I do not know why I can not have balance in different currencies. But overall, I think it is a very good option for online sellers. Probably the best nowadays.

Arin from WestCoastCo.

Take The Hassle Out Of Working Internationally!

Pros

We do quite a lot of work in the US, but we use an online bank which doesn't yet accept international payments. Stripe makes this process a breeze (and the fees are very reasonable) and prevents us from having to route money through multiple accounts to get to us. It's intuitive for the customer, and it's super simple for us to implement it into invoices and online forms.

Cons

There's only one, but it's a pretty big one. When a client has paid and the money has dropped in Stripe, it can take a long time to reach your actual bank account. I've had to wait well over a week for most transactions to appear despite setting up my account to receive funds as soon as possible.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe is much easier to integrate with a larger number of services. It was an easy decision.

Francoise from Mobile Marketing Max

Stripe gets me paid!

Pros

I have all my business's recurring billing running through stripe. It's been pretty much set it and forget it unless clients' card info need re-entering if they have a new card, for example. I used to use square but went to stripe because of the recurring payments feature.

Cons

I don't get emails when payments don't go through. I have to log in and then see if any payments have failed by going to the payments page. I'd like to get my deposits the next day, like with square, instead of the second business day. When there's a back holiday weekend that really pushes payments back. I am not a developer so I use Plugnpaid to create simple interfaces to embed on a website for folks to pay me for services.

KATHERINE from Sit Stay Play

Great for Charging Credit Cards Remotely

Stripe has made accepting payments from clients so much easier. The fact that it integrates with our software makes invoicing and accepting payments so easy for our business!

Pros

Stripe is very easy to use and integrates with our business software perfectly. We are able to keep all of our client's credit cards on file and charge them remotely as needed. Stripe tracks all of the charges and creates reports. They are quick to send the money to our account too.

Cons

The credit card fees are pretty standard, maybe even a little lower than most credit card softwares, but it's still a significant cut out of our income so I wish the credit card fees were a little lower.

Chris from GNGF

Started off great, but ended up being a payment processor that I would not recommend.

Overall, I loved Stripe in the beginning, but after seeing the holes in the fraud prevention filter I immediately removed it from my website. It is not worth the risk of dealing with chargebacks for fraudulent payments, so I chose to run all transactions through PayPal, and I've had zero issues since.

Pros

Stripe is extremely easy to use and provides functionality that businesses, both small and large, are looking for when it comes to collecting payments online. From the start, I was able to create an account and add Stripe to my eCommerce website within a matter of minutes. The features (such as Apple Pay) are great with Stripe. Similarly, Stripe integrates perfectly with WordPress and Woocommerce.

Cons

After a few months of using Stripe, I began to see signs that were very concerning. Stripe's "Radar" fraud protection filter began to let several questionable payments process without flagging them. Even when pushed, Stripe's customer service team said that the payments were safe and there were no signs of fraud. However, on more than one occasion I just knew that something was not right when these types of payments would come through. By digging into my site's analytics I was able to see that the payments were being sent from out of the country or from different zip codes, and that was enough to promote me to refund all of the questionable payments.

Khaled from ShopGo

Pros

Eas of use, and having a mobile app made it much easier to track payments

Cons

there are some features that need technical knowledge to be implemented, like: "Update billing info Form"

Tyler from Meridix

Solid financial plumbing for online platforms

Our overall experience has been great. We have been especially impressed by the breadth of payment and financial features provided (a true one-stop-shop), which has allowed us to avoid cobbling together a system using various providers. Developer support is great and this has allowed our developers to complete Stripe integrations quickly and easily.

Pros

Stripe provides the most intuitive tools and APIs out of all of the different payment platforms we've used. Their system is easy to get started with, is well documented, and has a lot of existing industry integrations. Performance is superb - we have never experienced any outages or performance related issues in several years of using the service. They really do take on all the heavy lifting in their payments core competency.

Cons

Automatic currency conversion only happens in certain cases - many use cases require you to collect funds in local currency in order to pay out in local currency (there isn't an option to convert). Occasionally we've had support requests that trail off (good support team engagement at first, with no eventual resolution).

Jaron from Utah Maids

Great, but expensive.

Pros

What I like most about it is that it just works and I rarely have to mess with it. It's one of those things that you just need to have if you ever want to accept payments online, so you have to decide who you're going to pick as your payment processor. Stripe is high tech, and integrates with my CRM (full disclosure though, it ONLY integrates with Stripe. Does not support others). I know that Stripe provides a top of the line product, and I have not had any issues with it that I can recall.

Cons

It's quite expensive. The transaction rates are not at all among the lowest. If you want to try and negotiate lower rates, you need to start processing some big numbers. Right now, my CRM only works with Stripe. I couldn't shop around from competitors even if I wanted to. So, I'm kind of stuck with Stripe. Luckily, I'm stuck with a good product. But, it comes at a price. When I do the math, I spend a few thousand dollars a year just in processing fees. If I was able to, I probably would shop for a cheaper transaction rate, because Stripe has a lot of features I simply don't need that I'm still paying for.

Stripe in the Travel Industry

I think Stripe is a fantastic product, and they have been very reliable, but they need to be more competitive on credit card processing fees.

Pros

Stripe is a very high-quality platform, with a great user interface (when we need to circumvent our API connection) and solid fraud-protection measures (compared to Square).

Cons

Pricing. We send a significant amount of volume via Stripe, but they were unwilling to reduce the per-transaction fee to anywhere close to what we were able to obtain from other credit card processors. We still do use Stripe, but for a limited subset of transactions that hit certain purchase profiles (select currencies, purchase windows, etc).

William from Third Hatch Inc

Online Payment Acceptance Made Easy

Stripe has been our main online payment processor for the last three years. There have been very few hiccups or issues. We receive our payments within 48 hours most of the time. Integration is easy, account setup is easy, there are no monthly fees. It is a no-brainer.

Pros

Stripe integrates in to nearly any shopping cart or invoicing system that I have used. If an integration is lacking, the documentation is very clear. In most cases, performing the integrations is completely hands-off and literally only requires your username and password. By managing these integrations with auto-config scripts, it takes the hard work out of getting set up for payments.

Cons

Stripe is super careful about certain types of credit card transactions. If you do any sort of volume, you will likely get a transaction or two flagged by their review team. This usually just requires a little more info and then the transaction clears in a few days. One other major issue is the transaction fees tend to be on the higher end of normal. You can get much better rates through an Authorize.net account, but those carry other monthly fees absent in Stripe's offering.

You can send invoices and have it is a payment gateway

Pros

Stripe serves our business in two ways: as a payment gateway for our credit card payments online as well as our invoicing system. The invoicing is very user friendly and you can send it directly to wholesale customers to pay it online. It offers different payment options and you can also see whether your client has opened the invoice.

Cons

We had an issue with a transaction through Stripe and their customer service wasn't that helpful and didn't seem to want to accommodate the need to investigate a scam transaction although the transaction was approved by their software and security system.

Joe from KCM, LLC

Easiest Payment Processing for WooCommerce

Overall, I haven't had any issues with Stripe.

Pros

Extremely easy to set up with WooCommerce. I've tried a few different payment processing solutions and Stripe was by far the easiest. Also free to set up and connect, unlike others like Authorize.net.

Cons

3.5% for American Express transactions is a little high / annoying. But it's just a minor con from the eyes of the seller.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Price, and ease of setup.

Used in conjunction with fundraising platform

Pros

Stripe has simple back-end reporting and enables us the ability to easily refund potentially fraudulent transactions if they slip through the cracks and even make it that far. I appreciate that multiple items we utilize can all process transactions through Stripe so we only have to have one account to process credit cards.

Cons

I wish, similarly to Network for Good, that it was implemented directly into the fundraising platform we are using instead of requiring a separate account and login but I do understand why it is as it is.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe was used more widely by the multiple platforms we collect donations through.

Jared from Kindful

Best Payment Gateway Out There

I wish I had would've known about Stripe sooner because I would've had my previous employee switch from Paypal to Stripe to get a lower processing rate.

Pros

Stripe's payment gateway is the leader in the payment processing industry. Their app itself is so simple to navigate, but also very powerful. Our company allows customers to use Stripe for their payment processing as well as Stripe Express checkout. Stripe also offers a nonprofit rate to U.S. based nonprofits of just 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction (3.5% for AMEX).

Cons

Stripe does have some limitations with what fields are available via their API to sync into third-party apps. They also do not have as high requirements on how partners use their API, which has caused our integration to have data sync over from other third-part apps that isn't the cleanest. Stripe also does not allow ACH transactions in foreign countries like Canada, only the U.S. However, this is something that they're working on.

Julie from Big Fish Local

Great, easy payment processor for smaller businesses

Pros

This is a pretty easy to use payment processor, and the rates are good compared to Paypal and others we considered. We have used it for a long time with not terribly many issues. I believe we’ve tested it’s capacity lol. I’ve definitely recommended it to entrepreneurs.

Cons

We found a better rate and more robust functions and features with quickbooks. With our sales platform and Stripe together we’ve had issues not getting alerts when clients recurring payments get declined so that’s become a big enough issue to necessitate a switch.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

We are actually moving from Stripe TO quickbooks payment processor, after many years with Stripe we have finally expanded beyond the limits of its capabilities.

Joshua from Chairish

Industry: Furniture

Stripe just works

I've set up custom Stripe integrations for several online marketplaces and ecommerce sites at this point, and it's quick and easy. Head and shoulders above the old custom bank or PayPal setups of the early 2000s. Assuming you don't have any special needs, they are the first payment processor I'd suggest trying.

Pros

Stripe offers simple, clean, well documented APIs for quickly and securely accepting credit cards. It also works with Apple Pay and a number of other payment types. It has a huge userbase, excellent uptime, and tons of resources and tutorials. Their website allows you to see all API interactions involved with creating or modifying any records in your account, which is great for debugging.

Cons

Until you reach a certain size, it can be extremely difficult to get in touch with a real person on the Stripe side, and they are completely unwilling to negotiate rates before that point. They have killed off some useful features (like ACH payout) in favor of more expensive full-service solutions. But they do have long and well-marked deprecation periods whenever they do this.

Stripe rocks. Only wish it would give us additional templates

Stripe is the only merchant tool you need. Add paypal and you've covered almost everything you can possibly need to get your ecommerce site up to speed, and use it to scale rapidly and handle all of it for you.

Pros

Stripe was really created by developers who "get it". They have made it easy to implement and removed the barriers to ecommerce entry that we used to be forced to have to deal with cumbersome companies like authorize.net etc. Their documentation and knowledge base is fantastic. Their support team is pretty good too. If you want a custom solution for your site/software, the only tool to use is Stripe.

Cons

That all being said, the downside is that not everyone can use/implement stripe "out of the box" because their basic interface is sooooo basic that most have to create their own UI. Awesome for customization - truly - but more clumsy for lower level devs or non-tech people. Maybe in the future they can add a few more basic screens - especially in in-site administration management - to get things rolling faster. This isn't a "complaint" per se, rather just a suggestion. Only other suggestion might be to offer more tools to help with subscription management and shopping cart abandonment issues.

Isaac from John & Charles Wesley Center, Inc.

Stripe is a great payment solution

Overall Stripe has been an invaluable asset to our business.

Pros

Stripe offers a great platform for payment solutions. The code is incredibly well written, it is stable, safe, and integrates with numerous other apps and services. This is one of the best options for receiving payments online.

Cons

Stripe does have a bit of a learning curve, so it will take some time to learn completely.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

We chose Stripe because it is an overall better platform/solution than Square.

Beecher from Shenandoah Websites

Industry: Information Services

Fast and simple payment collection!

Dead-simple integration and implementation. Sandbox data and payment methods are easy to get and test before go-live with "live" payment data.

Pros

Strip doesn't charge for on-site payment collection, unlike other online payment methods. Their API is broadly supported by website plugins and payment is streamlined when visitors don't have to leave your site to pay.

Cons

I haven't found any huge drawback to using Stripe. There is a delay of a couple days before sweeps to your bank account can take place, but it's not bad if you plan for it.

Ruth Ann from Oasis Sanctuary Foundation Ltd

We chose well when we selected Stripe for donation processing

As we reach out to more and more donors for our cause (animal welfare), we find that we need a reliable and infallible application to safely process credit cards and debit cards. We trust Stripe.

Pros

Stripe is a reliable application for securely processing debit and credit card charges. We use it on our company website for processing donations

Cons

Support is sketchy and I have to rely on my webmaster more times than I like to get answers to my questions about cancellations or failed transactions.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Word of mouth to recommend Stripe as the application that would fit our needs.

Awesome payment collecting tool & API

Pros

We added Stripe to our web & mobile applications to accept payments for our shop. The technical implementation using Stripe's API was fairly simple & straightforward and less scary than anticipated. Their customer support offers live chat and is always very friendly and helpful. The dashboard is neatly designed and does everything you need.

Cons

The features of Stripe seem to be unnecessarily limited: basic features seem to be missing. For example,​ it is not possible to create an invoice from a payment automatically collected using Stripe's API. When sending out a payment prompt using Stripe manually, one CAN create an invoice after the payment was collected.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe had more payment options (credit card, SOFORT, SEPA, ...) than PayPal and was significantly cheaper. Plus, their API and UI design looked better to us.

Sofie from UnoRolf

Stripe is the easiest payment processor for my clients.

I have an online marketing agency, and almost all of my customers use Stripe for their online products. It's easy to set up and connect and I have never experienced any problems with it. With payment processors especially you need something, you know works everytime, and I find that Stripe works well for both my clients and their customers.

Pros

What I like the most about Stripe is the ease of use and the liability.

Cons

Stripe does take a cut of the payment, and even though it's completely fair, it can add up with high-end products. My own company is based in Estonia, and here Stripe is not supported, which is a shame, as I would like to use Stripe for my own products and payments.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe

Stripe is the easiest and best solution for my clients in Denmark.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,581 reviews