All Stripe Reviews

Matthew

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Integrates seamlessly with everything

Very positive. Great alternative for start up businesses, or online businesses that can save a lot of time.

PROS

So you can use Stripe with invoicing and subscription software or you can build out your own system if you are a geek that is PCI compliant fairly easily. Almost everything has an integration option and if you get stuck with a problem for whatever reason you can log into the dashboard and usually figure it out from there, if you can't they have great support documentation and even a chat option. Compared to similar competitors you even save a little bit. I especially like their ACH fees, some of the lowest I've seen. An added bonus is that I don't have to pay for monthly statement fees or pay the annual PCI compliance fee and surveys because they add that into the flat rate.

CONS

Only thing I'd like to see is an option to download statements in a PDF format like previous merchant processing providers, but rarely do I need it.

Reason for choosing Stripe

I liked the interface and integrations a little more than Paypal plus I save a little bit on the percentage, not much but every little helps.

Reasons for switching to Stripe

Sage had a hard time integrating with things I needed, plus their interface was a bit more complex than Stripe. I first started with Stripe as a test with a few customers then made the switch within a few months.

Lauren

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy To Use Payment Processor

Easy to use, a lot of integrations, and Stripe offers a lot of options for all types of businesses and needs.

PROS

Stripe integrates easily with other programs we use.

CONS

It can be a bit confusing to get set up.

Reasons for switching to Stripe

We needed a direct payment method with a new service we were using.

Ricardo

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The unrivaled best payment processor

PROS

It was easy to set up, and it works with any business i set up.

CONS

When making a new account, if you get unlucky with a fraudulent order. It can affect your payments

Cameron

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

beware of Stripe and fees not being transparent

I would not reccommend I would say stay away and use anything else

PROS

it processes cards fine but it is not good

CONS

deceptive practices and raising fees constantly

Reason for choosing Stripe

I thought it was better but I am canceling and migrating data

Brianna

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Trusted Provider, Can Be Expensive in Fees and Time

Good, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, and quick to set up. The only downside is watching your overall transaction fee costs and planning your cashflow schedule to when payments will actually be paid out.

PROS

We wanted to go with a trusted digital payments provider--and have never had a client or customer mention they couldn't use Stripe. Secure, reliable for both parties in the transaction, and easy to both set up and use as a consumer.

CONS

The payout fees on transactions can really eat into the cost of goods and services; further, it's important to note that payouts to the supplier/provider can take at least several days.

Reason for choosing Stripe

Ease of use, expected credit/debit card processing. Good for Enterprise transactions.

Robyn

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Stripe is QUICK and EASY

Great experience with Stripe. We have used them for the last 3 big events that my company hosted and we didn't have to worry about receiving the correct payment and the payments were deposited in the business account within 3 days!

PROS

Stripe is a very convenient way to accept payments without worry.

CONS

There is really nothing that my company didn't like about Stripe.

Thomas

Online Media, 2-10 employees

The best out there

PROS

Convenience. Quick setup. Payment processing could not be any easier.

CONS

Too many features at a time. It can be overwhelming when you start using it.

Lynn

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Electronic Payment

PROS

Ease of use and the automatic process of the payments going into my banking account.

CONS

I do not like having to pay processing fee's however understand that this is for all electronic service card companies.

Reason for choosing Stripe

It was offered as a part of the Simple Practice EMR product that I use for my business.

Masse

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Easy payment processer

Payment processing is smooth and in case there is a failed one, it keeps trying to get the payment again which is handy.

PROS

The ease of use through 3rd applications. The setup was easy and the team tells you what you're missing and what needs to be submitted to get the application going.

CONS

The dashboard is a little cluttered. I feel like there are some information that an end users doesn't need to know but perhaps those are options for people with more experience.

Jonathan

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

Perfect for all your needs.

It was perfect, as a game developer working on the launch of my next game, I had launched an online merch store and used Stripe to process the payments.

PROS

What I liked the most about Stripe was how easy it was to set up, also having a wide range of payment methods for your clients, as someone from Mexico, I was mind blown when they even offer options to set up for your clients to being able to pay from regional specific stores like Oxxo.

CONS

None at all, the payment processing may take it bit.

1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Excellent option to streamline your payment processing

Stripe has allowed me to accept payments in a fluid, efficient way that makes payment processing one less thing to worry about. I have accepted payments without any issue and received transfers of my earnings in a rapid and regular fashion. They've thought through every aspect of the service, and I especially like that I can easily track my payments received and total amounts right at the dashboard. Connecting it to my Squarespace website shop was a match made in heaven!

PROS

With Stripe, you can accept payments by linking it to your online shop or on the go with a physical payment processor. I used Stripe for both and found it to be secure, simple to use and efficient. The fee per payment was very reasonable, and you can also use Stripe to keep track of how much you're paid. You can have the payments deposited automatically into a checking account of your choice, so it's a one-stop shop for a payment processor that pleases both myself and my clients. It's an excellent choice for small (or large) businesses that want to accept credit cards as a form of payment. One quality I particularly appreciate is the ability to accept payments in a variety of international currencies.

CONS

While the fee is reasonable, as a small percentage of the total amount accepted per transaction, it does add up on larger payments from clients. Another thing that's a small obstacle to using Stripe is they do ask questions about what kind of payments you accept and what your business is, so you can only use Stripe pending Stripe's approval.

Reason for choosing Stripe

Square seemed to have fewer functionalities, and for online shops the options to accept payments was at a higher cost through Square. Stripe offered everything Square does, and more!

Reasons for switching to Stripe

I had heard directly from others using Paypal that sometimes their accounts became blocked when accepting large amounts of payments and they couldn't access their money or their Paypal account. I wanted to avoid this ever happening, and Stripe doesn't have the same limits on payments that Paypal sometimes imposes. I also think Stripe looks more professional as a payment processor than a Paypal option to pay.

Paulo

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Easy to setup, clean interface, wide support, great customer support

Stripe has transformed a hard problem into a no-brainer. If making the connection between the online and the banking/paying was an herculean task in the past, it is nowadays a straightforward registration in their website, and most of the times an integration with your store/website.

PROS

The fact that is has an enormous amount of support from most software with integrations existing for anything that can support plugins (think wordpress), most programing libraries, ORMs, application development frameworks, etc. It is the de facto for online payments and that makes it really accessible from most common scenarios. Their APIs and models are very clear and understandable, making it easy to integrate within most tools, and the fact that they also have plug-and-play solutions makes it even easier.

CONS

Not all payment options have plug-and-play solutions. It is, for example, possible to send your users to a stripe webpage with a nice layout to complete the payment, but this page is not entirely customizable. Not in style and not in payment options. For instance, you can't give the user the option to select a payment type, which is a very common use case in most websites and would be great if stripe would allow it.

Reason for choosing Stripe

The technological features of stripe have given them the flexibility to allow for the development of very different use cases, which is often not given by most payment providers that support only very limited (the most common) payment types and uses. In our case, we needed the technological flexibility of Stripe to build our application exactly as we wanted to, providing the user experience we designed.

Kalie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Robust But Confusing Software

In general, Stripe has worked well for us after we made the switch two years ago when we updated our website. The best feature for us is the ability to have monthly donors running through Stripe, which has helped our monthly donations increase. I would recommend Stripe to other non-profits but with the caution that it was not built for non-profits and that it can be tricky to understand - I would not recommend it to someone that wasn't at least somewhat tech-savvy and capable of figuring out how it all works.

PROS

Stripe has been beneficial for processing donations through our website. Our favorite feature is that it can do both one-time and recurring donations so our monthly donors can run through it as well as the donors who give once or sporadically. It can collect a lot of information that can all be exported out of Stripe for our donor database. We like that you can choose when funds will be automatically transferred to your bank account and change it when necessary - for example, for most of the year we have it transfer funds weekly. However, at year-end when donations are very high we switch to daily transfers. There is also the option to do manual transfers as well. Donations are grouped into "batches" when transfers are done so you can make sure the bank transfer matches the batch amount in Stripe and also matches the amount entered in the donor database (if you're a non-profit). You can also easily refund someone if needed, which has been helpful several times. Overall, this software does what it needs to do and has some great functionality along with it.

CONS

Stripe was a bit of a learning curve for us because it is clearly intended for for-profit companies or small businesses rather than non-profits. There are many features we don't use that I wish could be turned off or hidden so that it was one less thing lingering on the dashboard. Another thing that is difficult is that Stripe ties everything to an email address rather than a person's name, so if you are trying to find a specific person but don't know their email address it can be hard to find them in the system. In general, their support team is pretty helpful and easy to work with but it's all done through chat and email - there have been times where it would've been much more helpful if we could have talked on the phone while looking at Stripe together.

Reasons for switching to Stripe

We were updating our website and wanted something with a little more functionality.

Ryan

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Hands down the most flexible and easy to use website payment system

Internet payments used to be a HUGE headache, constantly worrying about setup, security, security and more security, but Stripe has really changed the game. It's made it possible for us to provide online payments for customers who would never have been able to afford the programming to do such a thing, or be able to afford the security measures necessary to properly take payments on their own. This is especially true because apart from the fees taken from each transaction, there is no recurring fee, which is a real asset to smaller businesses who don't do as much volume. On top of all that, the fact that the system is nearly seamless -- and MORE secure -- for the end user inputting their credit card information, is a huge win.

PROS

By far the best thing about Stripe is the way that it so easily integrates with nearly any shopping cart system or website payment plugin/application we've ever come across. Any need we've had to take web payments Stripe has been able to seamlessly connect to our system, including setting up some custom systems that in the past would have been way too complicated for us to do on our own.

CONS

The biggest complaint we have -- and since we use it a lot for customers, the biggest gripe they have as well, is the way deposits are done. Instead of depositing the whole amount of the transaction, then debiting the fees, Stripe takes the fees out before the deposit -- so on a $10 transaction, you only see $9.50 (or whatever the amount comes out to be) deposited in your bank account and have to manually do the accounting to match that payment and the fees, etc. Admittedly, it's a small complaint, but I think it's the only thing that keeps us from using this 100% of the time.

Reason for choosing Stripe

We tried a few other options, but nothing really ever came close to giving us the kind of integration or ease of use that we get from a Stripe setup.

Reviewed July 2021

A no-nonsense payment gateway for businesses of all sizes

PROS

The prime aspect that I love the most about stripe is its very easy deployment with its direct API integrations. As a start-up that processes information through different channels, having stripe has made it hassle-free and seamless to analyse, manage, & track all our inbound payments using just our smartphones. We have and are continuing to save unnecessary banking costs with stripe. The no-code payment feature is a seller to companies like us who are looking to get one-time instant payments.

CONS

As the crypto market is gaining traction, especially with these alternative currencies going mainstream, it'd be great to have stripe regulate crypto in-bound payments as well. This is very critical for companies like us who consider crypto to be balance sheet assets.

Reasons for switching to Stripe

PayPal was not user-friendly nor was it pocket-friendly as well. When compared to stripe, the security features are a bit lagging.

Scott

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Simply seamless

Stripe is a vital tool for our Donor Department, as more and more of our donors choose to give with a credit card or debit card vs. gifts via check. The interface is easy to use, and I love the "Reports Overview " on the home page. I wish our donor CRM tool offered such convenient "at a glance" reports!

PROS

I love the functionality. When our CRM software lets u know that a credit card gift was unable to process, I can go into Stripe and see how many times the system has retried the gift, as well as the decline code the donor's bank provided. Then when I call the donor I have a lot of info at my disposal. As far as the gifts that WERE processed correctly, it's very easy to export them into a simple spreadsheet, which I then submit to our Executive Director.

CONS

My regret is that I haven't looked more into the functionality of the software. There are likely things that Stripe offers that we are not utilizing. A suggestion for the developers at Stripe may be to send their users helpful "Are you aware of this feature?" type emails / letters

Reasons for switching to Stripe

We switched when we changed our CRM from Blackbaud to Bloomerang.

Steve

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Stripe Payments is my Go-To payment processor for my online business.

My love for Stripe has grown over the years. I probably had a Stripe account for 6 to 10 months before I even used it. I looked at it and not having a degree from MIT I was pretty lost and didn't bother trying to figure it out. I had a payment process already and it was working. After I began reading more and more bad news about this other payment processor I was using, I decided it was time to carve out some time and figure out how to use Stripe. It did not take as long as I originally thought it would but I eventually began using Stripe alongside the other payment processor. I figured out how to set up subscriptions and invoices with Stripe and over time, became more and more comfortable using Stripe. I can now go into the dashboard and put together an invoice within a minute or two or connect Stripe to a new site I built. More importantly, I think Stripe support has gotten better over the years which makes everything else with Stripe just that much easier.

PROS

It is easy to integrate with my website's payment tools. Branding my invoices with my website logo is also super easy. I have used the word 'easy' a couple of times already and that is the main thing I like about Stripe - the Stripe features I use are easy. While trying to figure out some of the features I now use on a regular basis, I had to use the Stripe Support staff quite a bit and in doing so, I quickly realized that they are a top benefit of using Stripe.

CONS

In the Pro category, I said that my main Pro feature was that Stripe is easy but only with the features I use. I might use more of the many features Stripe offers if they were easy to use or at least figure out without the back & forth with Stripe Support. Stripe does have a YouTube channel but the one that is most helpful is StripeDevelopers - NOT just Stripe.

Reason for choosing Stripe

Being available in more countries and the cost of using Stripe is why I chose Stripe over the others.

Jeffson

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Stripe is very dicey just be careful when using them

Honestly it might sound bad but the experience is okay until someone reports an unauthorized transaction on your card, blame isn’t taken to the card user but to your entire company for charging which doesn’t make any sense to me

PROS

The have tons of processing methods that can be used and later activated depending on your continuous usage of the platform, they take a long time when processing your funds to your account but over a period of time you can process way more funds but with lesser time. They offer different means of contacting support including live chat. The interface is quite easy to use although there are a lot of functions that could also overwhelm a user. They allow for you to charge in different currency but a flat rate is attached to each currency. Their api can basically integrate with any platform in need of a payment gateway

CONS

They take time to process payments when you first start using them. You can process as much as $10000 and if the fraud detection system picks up a transaction of a $100 your whole account goes down just because of that single transaction and if you had an existing balance before that they’ll refuse to pay out your money

Reason for choosing Stripe

At the time stripe seemed like my best bet and it was until I encountered issues which couldn’t be solved amicably

Reasons for switching to Stripe

They have a slow payment processing time

Teri