Vagaro

Vagaro Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The software is user friendly. Between the numerous integrations and the app I and my clients have been very satisfied with the ease of use."
  • icon"I love that there are many benefits for clients, easy tutorials and for the most part Spa friendly."
  • icon"That it helps me attract clients, the ease of setting it up and your customer support is amazing. The web design and logo team are wonderful and efficient."
  • icon"I have a hard time Seeing my credit card charges that I pay , and i cannot figure out how to change my routing information. So some things could be designed clearer."
  • icon"If an error is made in the transaction, the program is not allowed to cancel."
  • icon"When this happens you do have the option to enter in card information manually, however you are charged extra for it which is another con."

Browse all Vagaro Reviews

• Have you used Vagaro and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,868 reviews

Christie

Makes My Business & Life Scheduling Much Easier

Axel

July 2022

It's great but unnecessary

It's awesome really really awesome but like I said is not necessary for small companys, maybe if you grow up in the future it is a better idea. Is your decision.

Pros

It's a good option for organize all the company schedule, there are so many functions for all, anyone can use this and is not necessary to know about this software, is so intuitive.

Cons

I really thing that is unnecessary beacuse you can do a lot of this things in other app for free, but some functions are only in this app that made it better. If you don't have the money for pay this, I really recommend use your phone calendar or something like that.

free

It's free

Response from Vagaro

Hello Axel. We appreciate the review. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Replied August 2022

November 2022

Many great features, excellent customer services, and small areas that can improve

So far, this software is above and beyond our previous two companies. They seems very willing to change and add features, as well as helpful in onboarding and migrating our business into their system. They were even able to import reviews!

Pros

There are many optional add-on features. This allows us to do things like add forms, accept payment, and have a waitlist. These are super helpful features and it is nice to know if we don't need them we can cancel them.

Cons

The software is a bit slow, and challenging when it comes to customer management. I have gotten some errors around adding customers with "existing email addresses" even though they can't find the email in the system.

Price

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Booksy did not have the features we needed and was not able to add them over the last 7 months. We needed the ability to push notifications, run payroll, add time between appointments, and be HIPPA compliant. The biggest reason is that Booksy was very challenging for our clients to use and we got many complaints from people who couldn't make appointments.

Small Business owners, look elsewhere

See above.

Pros

Cheaper than others, but you get what you pay for in that it is glitchy and customer support is incompetent in troubleshooting.

Cons

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LACK OF EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS. GLITCHY SOFTWARE. Vagaro USED to be a viable solution, but it is glitchy and tech support is (respectfully) incompetent when it comes to troubleshooting. It has been 4 days now of lost revenue and frustrated clients for my business. The only option that your customer service has been giving me is that they are trying to "replicate" the issue but haven't come up with a reasonable solution. They sent the issue to the developers two days ago. By the time we expect a response, it will be one week of lost revenue. We have had over a DOZEN clients report that they aren't able to complete checkout and all they keep getting is a "spinning red wheel." The solution offered by your tech support was to "refresh their cache," and to "change browsers" which is an unreasonable option to even offer, since there are clients who may not be even reporting issues and won't have that direction from us. No one from Vagaro has openly admitted that their is an issue with the software. This is inauthentic as how can over a dozen clients have issues with their web browsers or history(#gaslight)? It's clearly on your end yet no one has owned up to it at Vagaro. We are looking to switch due to lack of transparency, effective customer service and technical support.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We will be switching over to something else.

Molly

August 2022

Is Varago is good for your company?

With Vagaro the purpose was always selling time. FIlling up the white space on the calendar with clients and making sure you did that as efficiently and productively each day as possible in order to create growth and profit for the company. Vagaro is a tool in which you are able to do that. But for bigger salons that need more details, reports, numbers, it does fall bit a short.

Pros

I liked that this system was super simple and straight forward. It is very easy to switch over to Vagaro from another company which is what we did. The ease of use is definitely a plus but it also was a reason why we left. It was not very detailed on other aspects that we needed more options and attention on.

Cons

I love a software company that has a well developed app for it's salon users. This is important for the team because they use this every hour to see and check their schedules. I think also the reports should have been more detailed and intricate but they may have improved that at this time. I don't think anything was difficult to use but because of it's ease of use, it meant that the software didn't really allow for as much information and details as we needed at the time to run a salon aiming towards growth. Things were hard to find or figure out because it wasn't provided in the reports or we had to add other features from outside companies to make up for lacking features.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

I ended up choosing Vagaro originally because I thought the ease of use was a huge selling point. However, we ended up switching over to Boulevard in the end.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

We were looking to find the right fit for our needs so that we could hit our growth and potential goals.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for the feedback, we love to hear that our software is easy to use. We recently released updates to our reports section based on the feedback that businesses were looking for more intricate data. You can check what other features we are currently working on here: https://feedback.vagaro.com/forums/915991-feature-requests

Replied October 2022

Mike

Great Scheduling System for both provider and clients

I have been using Vagaro for about a decade now. I would say that if your looking for a scheduling system and the ability to have your clients book online and also receive reminders than Vagaro is perfect for you.

Pros

I like that fact that clients can schedule anytime. I also like the fact that on my voice mail I inform new and existing clients of the website. This is very helpful because I can't always answer the phone. This gives the clients more option and the ability to look at my schedule and make an appointment that meets the clients needs.

Cons

It was difficult using the Merchant Services to take payments. The price was in line with some of the other providers such as Square. Before taking payments from clients, I wanted to make sure it work. I used my debit card to charge $1.00. After I did that and started taking payments they froze my account, noting that I violated the Merchant Service agreement. It took several months to get this resolved. I had to find out which company Vagaro was using to process Merchant Services. I had to call so many times as well as write and mail out demand letters to get my founds. I found that it was less expensive going with one of the major processors such as First Data and Fiserv Merchant Services. I also was not impressed with Vagaro's customer service. I had issues with their Merchant Services as well as some other customer services issues. As I have been using Vagaro for the past decade I would have hoped that their customer service would be much better. Don't expect much from the customer service team or the management.

GlossGenius

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Vagaro had the best system.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Schedulicity was not providing what Vagaro was offering.

Kimberly

October 2022

Best software I could find to run my business with ease.

Pros

Ease and convenience for me and my clients, And when I need help it does not take long for assistance to get me answers.

Cons

I had a client that booked and paid for her fathers appointment but realized at a later date that he could not make that time. When I tried to move the appointment, it would not let me because it was already paid for with a credit card. And I was unable to undue the checkout to change it.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

I liked that it was basically a one stop shop, I can have all my services, sell product or classes, make and check out appointments with ease. And it pretty much does my book keeping for me for ease when filing taxes. My clients love it as well they always tell me it beats calling a spa to beg them for an appointment with me.

Vagaro Review

Has been a solid system have used for 3+ years.

Pros

Offers all the features I need in one place. Has great point of sales equipment.

Cons

Would like my clients to be able to purchase gift certificates for individual treatments with an online discount code and Vagaro only allows for a discount on amounts on gift certificates. This is one of my biggest complaints. I have to have Clients purchase individual sessions from the cart with the discount code and then have to mail them a gift certificate.

The ability of my clients to book classes online

MassageBook

The ability of my clients to book classes online

Nicole

Vagaro Appointment/Calendar

I enjoy the multicolored appointment. It has a week view on the calendar that’s awesome when trying to schedule a guest!

Pros

The trial period with my client base was great as I figured out if it would work for me and my business. The customer service and tutorials are always available and helpful.

Cons

I wish that if you need to edit something, like guest’s name, that it can’t be done until the appointment is made. I wish for the $25 that it included a “Thank you for your business” text after appointments and a holds harmless form.

GlossGenius

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Trial period with my client base

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

They started to charge for reminders and confirming appointments.

susan

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great platform-easy to use

I have liked this program overall. better than some others

Pros

It's very user-friendly. Consistant with quality

Cons

every now & then there are glitches, where things magically move by themselves

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

the ease of use & variety of options for titles/services/etc.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

square didn't offer as many options as Vagaro

Response from Vagaro

Thanks for the awesome review, we love how easy the app is to use!

Replied October 2022

taylor

Industry: Cosmetics

Great for business

Pros

Great for a business that needs a lot of features for commission and booth rent

Cons

Can be a little glitchy. Appointment scheduling and checkout isn’t as smooth as I’d prefer

Michelle

March 2022

Vagaro Love (it's a real thing)

Great, great. I love Vagaro. Like, sincerely hands-down I am fan all the way. It's format is user friendly for my clients and my staff to learn. The vagaro university on YouTube is so useful. Of course, their customer service rocks. The learning curve with my previous CRM was painful and long. Vagaro is a joy to work with.

Pros

The customer service. The majority of reps are great and very helpful. I also love the a la carte pricing, it makes it so much more affordable and you can add what you need as you grow. I also love how they are consistently adding new features. I also feel like they listen to user feedback and implement changes. Vagaro University on Youtube is great! The electronic forms are a lifesaver to help enforce our cancellation/refund policy. Thanks to Vagaro I could run my business with peace of mind and be seen as more professional by the public.

Cons

I wish the logging in part was faster for the client and also it feels like the experience is more on vagaro than our brand. I would like the option to create a brand app more affordable. Also, if a client already has an account from another user, it erases the information placed it by me and makes me start all over. I would also like the client to add their mailing address and date of birth on their intake. The mailing address is an important aspect of our marketing. I wish the star rating on employees could be a feature that could be turned off or on. At times, it makes it hard for newer therapists to get bookings.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Outstanding customer service, the learning curve was a quarter of what MindBody was. The price was so reasonable for a solo provider which is how I started.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

MindBody was terrible. The monthly price was ludicrous and expensive. They raised prices four times in one year without notice. All the "bells and whistles" they offered were so hard to use that it wasn't worth it. It was way too expensive for a start up. I hated the learning curve.

Response from Vagaro

Hello Michelle. We appreciate your review. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please reach out to reviews@vagaro.com. Thanks so much for the kind words!

Kristin

Industry: Cosmetics

March 2022

LOVE this program is GREAT & Easy for beginners to use!

Love it?

Pros

I absolutely love this program. I was using paper calendar and paper files. I am SO happy I could help planet earth and take away my old school filing system and replace with an online. It was so simple to set up. So it’s a great program for beginners. I love the points system and the fact you can add products as I just don’t provide services - I also sell products. Customer service is always available for help also!

Cons

Ummmm…can’t think of anything I don’t like. Maybe to make your work hours easier to use. Like I have another part time job and when I switch my hours online it copies it as the business hours of the business which I do not like. I wanna keep it open 8-4pm but say I work 12-3 I don’t want it to switch it online to that. Do you know what I mean? I just want it to look like I’m booked.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

The free debit card machine to be honest! and come to find the software is better also! (Booking system)

Response from Vagaro

Hello Kristin. We're glad to hear your feedback. You can read about how to set your business hours here: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405450496923

Sosanna

February 2022

Helps me operate my business seamlessly

I switched over to Vagaro from MindBody Software and I am super glad I did. I have just about everything I need in one place that allows me to run my business seamlessly.

Pros

I like that this software is a one stop shop for me. I can schedule appointments, offer online booking and gift certificates and use it as my point of sale system. I am able to email and text my customers reminders, note and even send out emails with promotions and newsletters.

Cons

It would be really great to be able to customize the reminder and confirmation reminder emails. As well as be able to have a text number attached to my account that a client can text back. Many clients text back the confirmation email and they are confused when we don't get their message.

n/a

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Mindbody was way too expensive for what they were offering. Vagaro seemed to be a stand out software so I decided to just try it out...Ive now been a Vagaro business for 5 years.

Response from Vagaro

Hello Sosanna. We're happy to hear about your experience. You can customize the appointment email by following the steps in this article: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007892554. For the text messaging, I would recommend submitting that as a feature request by following the steps in this article: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021060374. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Jason

Best Value For Real

Pros

Auto drafting, session tracking, point of sale of services and products ease of use and modification of sale and scheduling formats.

Cons

Honestly the only thing is waiting for deposits. 24 turn around would be great vs waiting for specific business days. This hasn't been an issue at all just a preference

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Customer service, development of POS took what felt like forever while being billed for a system that wasn't completely available for use.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

overpriced because of reputation only. I used them for year when all of a sudden they got rid of all their starter programs for less then 125 plus they didnt offer to grandfather prior customer that had been loyal for years before they nearly doubled their prices.

Cynthia

Love Vagaro!

I'm saving a lot of space not having to keep a paper schedule. Taxes are way easier, and if I used the software how it was meant to be used, it would be even easier. Baby steps! Haha.

Pros

It is super easy to use, and if it isn't, customer service is there to help. The tutorials help too! TONS! There were a few things I had to give up moving to Vagaro from my old software, but I told customer service about it and not only did they figure out a way for me to still kinda offer the same thing to my clients, soon after, they came out with the option I needed!!! Like they did it just for me!

Cons

It's NOT the software I have an issue with...It's payment processing. WAY TOO LONG TO GET PAID when my clients pay through Vagaro. I discourage it mostly.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Ease of use, price and customer service. It may take a while to get to them, but once I do they are almost always helpful and kind. I've only had one guy who I didn't feel was there to help me. The last gentleman to help me was AMAZING. He really tried to understand and help without making me feel like an idiot.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

First it was price, but then it truly became ease of use for me. Then my clients started telling me how easy it is to use and I was hooked.

GOD send

For a small chair rental salon with no receptionist because there's no need for one, the online booking for customers and especially the reminders 3 days and day before are priceless...and being able to book 24/7 no matter if at home , eating out, rehab, or hospitalized with covid..I can work anywhere. except prison ,no shoelaces, no belt and sure as sh#* no cell phone..lol... just kidding about eating out, ill never book a customer when eating.

Pros

integration wasn't difficult , even if your not technology savvy its still very easy to learn and setup . Stylists and customers love it! from reminders to booking . Ease of use is very impressive with both. And as Stylists we have not even tapped into the full or depth of tools that vagaro offers. Iv'e tried others and hands down Vagaro is a win/win for you and customers. There's a video tutorial for every feature . My wish to grow salon or to multiple salons to take full advantage of the minds that built and continue to maintain/improve the perfection of Vagaro.... "Very Grateful"

Cons

No complaints and every now and then we'll hear something didn't work . But it's usually the User, the Cell service or Internet. NO COMPLAINTS VAGARO. I really don't have a complaint....unless you have the capability to read my mind , print real money, oh! let me customize my OWN colors , i love the Vagaro orange , sometimes black.....lol...keep up the great work!!!

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Divine Intervention and starting price was affordable

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Honestly said a prayer, went on an internet search and there you were. Divine Intervention made me switch.

JENNIFER