What are Vagaro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Vagaro software through verified user reviews

2,594 Reviews

2,083

• icon"The software is user friendly. Between the numerous integrations and the app I and my clients have been very satisfied with the ease of use."
  • icon"The software was very computer friendly also you customer supports was there to answer all my questions in a rapid response time."
  • icon"Easy and super clean organized all of process manage appointment checked out. So kind like smart assist."
  • icon"If an error is made in the transaction, the program is not allowed to cancel."
  • icon"When this happens you do have the option to enter in card information manually, however you are charged extra for it which is another con."
  • icon"So completely useless for my business and a total waste of time trying to set up. This should be a big warning before you sign up."

Browse all Vagaro Reviews

• Have you used Vagaro and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 2,594 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,594 reviews

Greta

VAGARO FOR MEDICAL AESTHETICS PRACTICE

I love that Technical Support Staff are knowledgeable, patient and available when I need them.

Pros

I LOVE the ease of scheduling clients from my hand held devices. Love the Colors, design; very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly need to play around more with the Features, which I hear a many (from a friend whom I referred for her Yoga Business. She switched from Mind Body and LOVES Vagaro). Wish Vagaro would invest in NICE Modern looking POS devices like Square and Clover.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Cost for Clover. I actually liked their customer service over Square. Their devices were nice too. For Square... poor Customer Service. No available phone assistance until logged onto the system via email. So time consuming.

Jason

Best Value For Real

Pros

Auto drafting, session tracking, point of sale of services and products ease of use and modification of sale and scheduling formats.

Cons

Honestly the only thing is waiting for deposits. 24 turn around would be great vs waiting for specific business days. This hasn't been an issue at all just a preference

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Customer service, development of POS took what felt like forever while being billed for a system that wasn't completely available for use.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

overpriced because of reputation only. I used them for year when all of a sudden they got rid of all their starter programs for less then 125 plus they didnt offer to grandfather prior customer that had been loyal for years before they nearly doubled their prices.

Kyle

TERRIBLE customer service and point of sale!

Pros

Online booking was a nice perk, although if a client didn't know how to book the first time(new online website) they would add themselves again so deleting a profile found to be quite an ordeal. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE customer service. I've been a user for the past 2 months and can't wait to find a new software company. It started great, so much easier that square appointments, online booking, the works! Wow... no. The booking service works okay, when it wants to open. I have better luck on my phone but being that I have an iPhone X I don't have a headphone jack so to swipe a card I use my iPad. It never works the first, or usually the second time so I have to pull out he reader and plug it back in. Any issues or questions I have leads to me having to wait on hold for customer service for 20+ minutes or waiting for an email response. There are a ton of hidden fees every month that we're never discussed(of course in the fine print but never but an agent) for card processing and I am beyond disgusted at how they are handeling a gift card order I purchased for my new, small business. I paid for perfect gift cards that were designed incorrectly because of me, but because I was told the wrong information by their team during the beginning stages of the ordering process. They are beyond condescending and unwilling to work with me in this issue and even went to the length the add up what both orders plus shipping would cost me if I decide to fix my issue

Cons

I was willing to get past the slower, unreliable point of sale and I can't start to explain how much time and effort went into setting this up and transitioning from another booker is so I'm so discusted to have to do it again due to in my opinion an easy fix by the company. I still can't believe how this matter was handled and how I was spoken to over a small order of gift cards.

Response from Vagaro

You didn't report issues accessing any of the account functions. If you had we would have advised on how to correct any connectivity issues. The mobile CC reader which operates with the Vagaro Pro app does use a headphone jack which works with the iPhone X adapter; we have no issues w/ compatibility/connection reliability. The report of a 20-minute hold time is inaccurate. Even including high call volumes, our average time to answer is 2 mins. We are also hiring more staff as we would rather it be even less time. Rates & fees were disclosed on the merchant services signup page & you had a screen to review the application before signing, disclosing everything. You called 1x regarding merchant services and had all of your questions answered accurately. The call record was reviewed. Gift card order: design, proofing, and approval process completed. You never told the graphics team you wanted a foil inlay on gift cards and you approved the proof. Mgmt professionally told you all of this.

Replied January 2018

Ok for single operator. Not effective for bigger salon.

Their customer-service department seems to be filled with condescending 20 somethings who enjoy attempting to make users feel inadequate. The last 3 times I've had to call-in and ask a question or have voice a concern about the product, I've been spoken down to by someone half my age.

Pros

The calendar is easy and self explanatory. It seems easy to use Even for people with no computer experience . If you're still using pencil and paper , this is way better than that . Probably a great product for both renters. Clients like notification system.

Cons

If you've used any other salon softwares that are in a high performance category as far as reporting and/or user experience this will not suit your needs . It is very rudimentary in its performance . It does not allow for any customization in reports or in applications . Many features are archaic and need updating. The feature to logout users after a certain amount of time can't recognize the difference between idle and not idle so it will log you out and lose your work in the middle of a session . The "marketing" section is mediocre at best . IF you've already been running a computerized operation for 5 yrs or more, you will find the software completely inefficient . It does not save your work if you're in the middle of procedures when it logs out . It cannot tell the difference between tasks in progress and idleness . If you leave the program wide-open and it doesn't log anybody out automatically, then your separate users have no recognition within the system, Unless they individually and manually log themselves in-and-out every time . SO MANY SILLY TIME WASTING things that MUST be done manually every session. Yuck.

Cynthia

Love Vagaro!

I'm saving a lot of space not having to keep a paper schedule. Taxes are way easier, and if I used the software how it was meant to be used, it would be even easier. Baby steps! Haha.

Pros

It is super easy to use, and if it isn't, customer service is there to help. The tutorials help too! TONS! There were a few things I had to give up moving to Vagaro from my old software, but I told customer service about it and not only did they figure out a way for me to still kinda offer the same thing to my clients, soon after, they came out with the option I needed!!! Like they did it just for me!

Cons

It's NOT the software I have an issue with...It's payment processing. WAY TOO LONG TO GET PAID when my clients pay through Vagaro. I discourage it mostly.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Ease of use, price and customer service. It may take a while to get to them, but once I do they are almost always helpful and kind. I've only had one guy who I didn't feel was there to help me. The last gentleman to help me was AMAZING. He really tried to understand and help without making me feel like an idiot.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

First it was price, but then it truly became ease of use for me. Then my clients started telling me how easy it is to use and I was hooked.

Michele

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Vagaro at Take Two Salon

What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros

Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons

If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Ease of use. We are a new salon, first time salon owner. This was our transition from an appoint book with manual entries. The training and support Vagaro provides is great.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

At the time, Phorest has some things to work out being that their were difference between UK and US based salons. Also their pricing was much higher.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied May 2021

JENNIFER

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Fantastic for this one-woman show

Very affordable booking/confirmation system, credit card processing, inventory management and reports included, these are my baseline needs and Vagaro fulfills them 90% well. They were very helpful when signing up and helped me import most of my needed info, not perfectly, but pretty well. That is the end of actual human interaction though and sometimes an actual HUMAN customer service conversation by phone would be appreciated.

Pros

Very easy to use on both desktop and mobile; great price for what you get, especially for a small or individual practice--calendar, email/sms confirmations, online booking (if you choose to use that); reports (though either I haven't found some yet or they could be improved, i.e. I accept checks and it gives me a total for check deposit, but not the # of checks); integrated payment system takes clear and fair CC fees out as they occur, COVID clean checkout can send signature/gratuity page to clients mobile; a la carte pricing, i.e. I needed "forms" for sending COVID forms, but can cancel that portion anytime and save $10/mo if not needed; Inventory management--could be improved, but for around $30/mo, can't be beat from what I've found.

Cons

Deposit reports: how many checks are in the total that I need to deposit for a period of time? Would save me from adding all checks manually to see if amounts match; Inventory: To adjust current inventory items, it seems I need to do it item by item... they have a "mass edit", but I have never figured out how to get it to work for me and I HAVE contacted support about this issue, the back and forth chat is exhausting and sometimes you need to step away from the computer for a reason and the chat ends. Pricing on Service items: There should be a button to allow the pricing to show in the Appt and/or confirmation emails, if I want the price to show, I have to make it part of the Service title, thus when my prices change, I have to change each of those titles manually. I have clients who like to prewrite checks and they need to easily know the price ahead of time.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Inventory management was the big reason, I don't believe either of the above had them at the time....

Booker

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Booker was great for the individual or small business when they first came on the scene, now their minimum price (with fantastic features, online booking/sales whether you want them or not) is $129/month, that is ridiculous for one person to pay and they didn't want to work with me even though I'd been with them for over 10 years (when it was $25/month for an individual to have all of those things). I understand inflation, but clearly they only wanted to work with larger accounts and that is their business decision to make.

Frank

Scheduling Software for Massage

So far my experience has been excellent and the representatives have been very helpful. The program is fairly easy to understand and self explanatory, for the most part

Pros

I really like the confirmation and reminder texts and emails, I feel that is crucial to keeping a schedule full and making sure client's are on point and paying attention to their appointments. I also the Cancelation list, I'm a busy therapist and don't have time to worry about getting client's in on a last minute makeup appointment and writing down client's names that need to get appointments. Vagaro takes care of that, by suppling that cancelation list and letting the client's know when an appointment is available and they can schedule.

Cons

Just the set up an import from my old scheduling software to Vagaro. I'm on the trial period, so I can't really say what's not good, yet.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Because of the features and the fact that I actually got a call from the Rep that I chatted with online to help me with the initial set up before importing everything over from Massage Book.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I wanted certain options that MassageBook just wasn't suppling. I need a very autonomous and easy to use scheduling software that has certain features that Vagaro has.

Courtney

Vagaro for the W

It has been extremely user friendly and if there were ever an issue I was able to chat with someone right away and the issue was resolved. And if it were a bigger issue they made it so we would be kept in the loop as to when the issue would be fixed.

Pros

Clients love how easy it is to book appointments online. Love how you can customize confirmation notifications for clients. Mobile version is pretty user friendly.

Cons

Only thing I wish they had was the option for specific services to be rang up under the salon itself only, not stylists, same for products. You cannot see any notes that clients have for their appointments on the mobile app, when you click on notes nothing shows up unless you're on the main system. Should be able to show more than 7 stylists calendars at a time. We're a growing salon and would like to have that option. Also it would be beneficial to be able to change the opening drawer balance if a mistake was made.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

It was similar to the system we used at our previous salon, Millennium. So it felt comfortable and easy to navigate through to customize our needs for the salon.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Courtney, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied May 2021

Kim

Great Software for Yoga Studios

I had some major concerns out of the gate but after calling, and speaking with a few representatives, my issues were solved. I am enjoying my experience and happy there is a software that takes care of the basic yoga studio needs at a great price.

Pros

The software offers the functionality that I mainly need to run my business. I like how easy it is for students to sign up and purchase packages.

Cons

It would be best if the student/customer was prompted to buy a package or membership, as they booked a class. Instead, you have to give each class a price (like a drop-in class) and let them buy that single class or hope that they discover the packages/membership page before that. Also, some of the wording during the booking process for customers could be changed or deleted all together. I also feel the dashboard, on the backend, is a bit busy and could use some navigational rework to be more use case friendly.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Less expensive and I don't like the calendar app that Mindbody offers.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Needed more functionality at a lower price point.

Jasmen

Ive tried Others and came right on back

Amazing

Pros

It takes 1 day to train my new employees how to use it so time is money and if it takes too much time to figure it out.

Cons

Cloud based so we NEED wifi in order to operate well. Since our building is older, it can be iffy sometimes.

Booker

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Looking for cheaper, I made the switch and came back when Covid hit bacause Vagaro was so much more advance and rolling with the times.

Eliza

I love this software

Seriously pleased. Please don't change. :D

Pros

I was on MindBody for years. Those guys are crooks. When I pivoted due to the pandemic I took the time to find the right software. This is it. It is well built, well priced and the customer support is solid. I actually like the functionality better than the much more expensive MindBody. It is more lightweight yet I haven't run into anything I want to do that I can't do. I never thought I'd "love" a booking software, but I do.

Cons

Well, I have a couple few things I can't do...but I'm thinking user error and that I will figure them out.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Mindbody: WAY too expensive Genbook: This is bad software for any massage therapist: 1. You can charge a client for a package but it isn't a package so you have to keep typed notes of how many they have used. 2. You can book reoccurring appointments but you can't check them out. You have to delete it, rebook it and then check it out. 3. They don't store credit cards beyond one appointment. So regular clients need to present a card each time. 4. Only $10 more for the awesomeness that is Vagaro. Wix: They might be good but you need a developer to implement. Help Desk has NO idea of how it works. I'm fairly savvy but I got nowhere with them.

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Simply the best

Wonderful. Customer service have been very helpful in helping me navigate the system.

Pros

It's so easy to use. All our LMT's love it.

Cons

On the phone app it won't remember settings when you pull up therapists for the day and reverts to the default setting. Also there still is no couples massage capability.

Based on reviews

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Because I was finding MindBody difficult to use.

Toni

Toni's review

My overall experience has been a great experience. I love your customer services and the software helps me to be organized as a business.

Pros

That it helps me attract clients, the ease of setting it up and your customer support is amazing. The web design and logo team are wonderful and efficient.

Cons

I don't care for adding products to sale on my website. It is difficult.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Vagaro offered more choices and options for my money.

Jessica

amazing

great

Pros

The best software to use and get a lot of value while keeping the cost low! I run a spa and it keeps notes on file for my clients, allows text and email reminders, emails, etc.

Cons

you cant add progress pictures in the customer file

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

this was able to save clients info without them being able to touch it. Also cheaper per swipe

Rhonda

Multi functional, Easy to use and setup

Customer service id helpful and readily available.

Pros

I love that I can do my scheduling, SOAP notes and payment processing with one program. Vagaro imported all of my client data from my former scheduling program.

Cons

I have only just started using the product and can not think of a negative so far.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

I have used Vagaro as a customer and like the ease and design.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Schedulicity did not have the ability to enter SOAP notes and did not have a function to prevent new clients from scheduling.

Erin

Vagaro

I am just starting to use it and am very excited about the possibilities that it holds.

Pros

I love all of the different features that vagaro has. It really has the potential to be an all in one software. We transferred from a different booking service and I am very excited about all of the possibilities. They have an awesome customer service that replies very quickly and is knowledgeable and has been able to help solve my problems everytime.

Cons

There are only a couple of things that don't work very well for our system. I wish that you could assign a specific resource to a bundle service. I also wish that in the calendar for a bundle service you could see what the bundle service was and not the two service names that make up the bundle.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Genbook didn't have the capabilities to have clients book couples massages online and it was causing problems.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Erin, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Replied April 2021

Tatiyana

Everything you need to know about Vagaro

Overall I am getting used to it. Vagaro is like driving a stock car. I think they can use some improvements that will make the world of difference. Everytime I call customer service I learn of a secret "work around" that seems like it should just be included in the feature. I do not dislike the software I just know there are some major improvements that can be made to make this software so much better.

Pros

What I like the most about Vagaro is the user friendly mobile app. I like how easy it is for clients to receive text confirmations and book on the mobile app within a few clicks. I also like the fact that I trust the email system sending emails out successfully. Other email marketing softwares I have used seem less successful in reaching the customers inbox.

Cons

The overall navigation of the site on the business end. Its alot of clicking around. The windows are hard to find. The search menu is annoying. If you are working in one window then have to edit something else you cannot continue or modify the edit within the same window you must leave that window enter another page then come back. Its too much back and forth for no reason. I do not like the reporting I think that could use alot of improvement. I do not like how I feel lost within Vagaro alot of times I find myself staring at the screen thinking "where do I go?" "How can I find this info?" These are not huge changes but I think with a few adjustment Vagaro's business user side can be more user friendly. Con: Marketing tool difficult to use. Con: when booking with multiple employees does not show all screens must click the name every time. Con: IOU feature, autopayments, editing packages and memberships for past and future sessions and costs.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Cost! It looked good for the price. It was pretty straight forward and seemed like it had all the features I was looking for when I made the switch.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

The last one I was with was Mindbody. After the pandemic I found that Mindbody was failing as a company. Their customer service plummeted and I did not feel like I was paying for that quality anylonger. The merchant fees were outrageously expensive. The quality of the software was not the same and I was no longer happy with their service.

Response from Vagaro

Hello, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. You can also reference our help site at support.vagaro.com which has many articles with step by step instructions. Thank you!

Melinda

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Affordability, customer service, and better product.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Response from Vagaro

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Liana

Great Software with many features

Pros

I really liked the email and text confirmations, email marketing feature.

Cons

I feel like there could be an text to software window where clients could send messages thru to their service provider instead of your personal phone number. Also when an appt is booked with a specific service provider and the client receives confimation email . Sometimes the client responds to the email but it goes directly to the owner rather then the actual service provider. Is there a way to direct those emails to the service provider?

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

the price was better and offered more features

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Mindbodys prices were becoming too expensive for my budget

Response from Vagaro

Hi Liana, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Yeefah

Industry: Cosmetics

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

Booksy

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

The customer service was not as available as Vagaro. There were some services that booksy did not offer that Vagaro did.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I had a lot of problems using this CMS software. The cost of the service was high and the problems many. It didn't make sense to keep paying that much for problems. It did not feel like it was designed well for spas, salons or barbershops. There were a lot of things vital to my needs that I could not do

Response from Vagaro

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Elizabeth

Easy to setup and use

Pros

Very affordable for a small business/sole-proprietor. Easy to use, they have videos that show you how to set things up. You can create your own forms or use stock ones they have. The booking site works so much better than SquareUp and doesn't have random maintenance for no reason. Also, WAY cheaper than Mindbody.

Cons

As a massage therapist, I have many clients that want to book extras with their sessions, like aromatherapy. Vagaro doesn't allow for an extra to be added, so I have to book them as a separate appointment then make it a double booking.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

All the other products were missing a component I was wanting. Some didn't have a good booking site. Some didn't include a POS system. Some were just too expensive. Vagaro was the most similar to Square, but better.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Square had JUST started to offer forms for clients to fill out, and because they just released that feature, it was in a terrible state. First time clients needed to fill out AT LEAST 4 forms, sometimes up to 6 depending on what they were coming in for. Square would have me send each of those forms out individually. So a first time client would receive not only the booking email and reminder email, but 4 separate emails for paperwork. Who has time for that?!

Response from Vagaro

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Joanne

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not my experience with other programs, although it's not something I used it would be helpful for tracking clients paying with Medical Flex Plans. NOTES: I like this section it's comprehensive to different professions. The medical note section is helpful for massage therapists and other medically oriented professions. I especially like the POP UP notes. Very helpful when you have special needs clients. Also helpful for an aging (post menopausal) memory (LOL, some may not understand this importance). PERSONAL TASK: This is a great option that allows you to block off chunks of time. It also allows you to choose reasons for the block, sick, personal time etc. Especially nice when tracking you personal down time. All in all it's a well thought out program. Whenever I've needed help the CHAT feature and the customer service representatives have been very helpful in solving my issues. Generally you don't have to wait long for help. That's especially helpful as every self-employed persons time is valuable.

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was to block out all my time slots with the Personal Task feature. Clients eventually end up calling me, which is what I want. I sent notifications, but you know how that goes. The other option I think would be helpful that isn't available is the option to choose different colors for the PERSONAL TASK blocks. I'm a visual, color oriented person, right now the only option for Personal Task is brown. I like to be able to assign or have assigned colors associated with the different block options, like green for "sick time", blue for "meeting" etc. Lastly I believe this program leads the on line booker to believe it's more of a salon oriented environment. I know for a fact some more medically oriented massage therapists have shied away from using it for that reason, because I've recommended it and received this feedback. I think the developers maybe doing themselves a disservice in this regard. The program is very comprehensive for medically oriented massage therapists, chiropractors, craniosacral therapists, reiki masters and like professions.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

Features, price and ease of use. It was also similar to the features I had with a call center company I used for many years.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

I liked the features, custom service experience, price and ease of use.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Amy

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective. If they allowed for the reps to manage a portfolio of clients with direct email/phone for questions instead of the constant "zone defense" approach it would fit the company goals and values much better. The customer service reps, however, are generally pretty awesome and committed to resolving the issues. Everyone's time would better spent in a focussed system opposed to the chaotic approach they currently have.

Pros

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Reasons for choosing Vagaro

I used Square Appointments between Massagebook and Vagaro. I still use Square for my email marketing as I like it much more than Vagaro's. Square is wonderful with fantastic service as well. They are just limited and do not offer the HIPPA compliance, intake forms, memberships, rewards program that Vagaro does.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

MB is okay but the software limitations made all kinds of important things confusing like financial reports. For years I gave them thoughtful feedback but there was never an investment in the software improving in the slightest way. Vagaro is the opposite of this, constantly implementing customer feedback.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Replied December 2020

Kendall

Vagaro is FANTASTIC for Retail and Spa

Fantastic. We are very pleased with Vagaro. Though there are a few things that we would like to see improved, overall, the software is spectacular for our business. We appreciate the partnership we have with Vagaro.

Pros

Vagaro is extremely user friendly. Our staff adapted immediately. The software is similar to other software on the market, therefore, it is an easy transition. Transitioning from our former software (Booker) was fluid. Vagaro was very helpful. The chat feature is priceless. Being able to resolve issues and/or get advice on best practices within a few minutes is worth its weight in gold.

Cons

There are a few functionality issues for the type of business that we conduct. We are a cryospa. We offer memberships to clients and there is little versatility in the membership option. In addition, there is a "glitch" in the check-out process that we see regularly. If a patron purchases a package and uses that package in the same transaction, the session does not deduct from the packages. Ex. Patron purchases 10 visits and uses one during the same visit, after checking the patron out, the package still shows 10 visits remaining when there should be 9. There are "fixes" or ways to finagle or adjust the account but that is time consuming and redundant.

Reasons for switching to Vagaro

Booker is extremely antiquated. It is also very, very expensive. We constantly had to make "work arounds" in order to use the software in a way that allows us to conduct business efficiently. Trying to train a new hire on Booker was a nightmare. Trying to explain all the "work arounds" was impossible. We often found ourselves telling new staff members to leave the transaction(s) open and we would deal with them the following business day.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kendall, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Replied December 2020