• Pros

• "It sure provides a ton of information about all the fees I'm charged."

• "It's ease of use and it's fast. Rarely have had any technical issues."

• "YOU ARE ABLE TO LOOK UP ANYTHING ABOUT PAST RECIEPTS FOR CUSTOMERS. BATCHING ON FILE AND EASILY ACCESSABLE."

• Cons

• "everything. Can't issue credits unless processed on this machine"

• "it was a little difficult to set up the drivers phones "

• "Still need a little improvement on tracking transactions by name. "

Browse Vital POS Reviews

Grace from Superior eye Health Center

Very Happy Client

My banker had suggested this comapny and I was going to just get a quote to begin with but they were able to offer al the services I've ever dreamed of having and still be less expensive then the current one terminal system we currently had.

Pros

Fees are the lowest I have ever been charged by a credit card processing company, on boarding and customer service has been amazing, security is one of the best in the world, and the functionality of the system has been spot on and exactly what our office needed. Plus the options for our patients to make recurring payments or create a wallet for future use has been very beneficial.

Cons

It was a bit of a learning curve as far as figuring out what reports to run to balance, and some payments online can be made after hours so the #'s can be different from when I closed the night before (not a bad thing just more work in figuring out) Also because the site is so secure we can had troubles accessing it and have been told it's because the URL has changed.

Andrew from Clear Vision Eye Care

More flexibility

We have realized flexibility, more modern process with patients.

Pros

We were able to have two stations that batched together. This allows a faster closing at the end of the day. We can move around with in the clinic to take payments and are not tethered to the wall.

Cons

Still need a little improvement on tracking transactions by name.

Reasons for Choosing Vital POS

We could maintain the relationship with our processor which had better pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Vital POS

we needed an all in one batching solution. If we had gone with another base terminal it would have had separate batches.

Dennis from Pismo Beach Optometric Center

Mislead about PAX

Pros

Fast deposits to bank account; money is in account in 24 hours.

Cons

It freezes up. I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes on the phone when it froze up last time. Customer service is horrible! Also, I was misled by a salesperson. I made it perfectly clear that this was an optometry office and that my patients use HSA cards. I was assured that this was not a problem. After signing a lease for PAX 500, it was set up and when we went to process our first HSA transaction, it didn't work. I called to find out what the problem was and was then told that this unit is not designed to accept HSA cards. What a waste! I now have to use a different machine to run HSA cards. How deceiving.

Keith from Keith's Kettle Corn

Food Establishment - BEWARE! NOT THE POS SYSTEM FOR YOU

Should have went with other POS system

Pros

I was excited to get this system based on the features that were on the website and told by the sales rep. The cost for the system was within my budget. I am not happy with this system at all.

Cons

No Gift Cards as promised No Loyalty program as promised Unable to get accurate reports with detail Inventory management is a joke Unable to integrate with ecommerce stores or other apps (grubhub, doordash, etc). Never informed about system updates. When it updates and you go to take a payment , the system crashes and you will be kicked out and will have to log completely back in. You then will need to close batch and set up system again. The scanner never works The list goes on.

Reasons for Choosing Vital POS

Promises made by the rep and the company.

Robin from Barrow Veterinary Service

Industry: Veterinary

More than what we need.

The only real benefit are the things listed above. My business runs a practice management software that we also have to enter the payments in, so many of the features on the Vital are redundant or unneeded for us. To be honest, I really liked my old-fashioned POS terminal better since 90% of what we do is hand-entry.

Pros

I like that the terminal is handheld, and smaller. I like that it doesn't use as much paper and gives you the option to email receipts. I like that it has a chip reader, a swipe option, tap option, and hand entry. We use all of those in our business.

Cons

I don't like that the hand-entry option is hard to use with a small number pad. The screen itself is small, making it a little difficult to do hand-entry quickly. In our office, most clients are calling in with a card number, and this slows us down. Also, the battery does not last very long. We are in the red by the end of the day, and we are not overly taxing on the machine. Often, we run only a few cards a day (less than 10). Returns/refunds are a complete nightmare. There is no way to do them on the terminal. It's a slow and tedious process. The reports are hard to use and some of them only offer an export option, no printing.

Reasons for Switching to Vital POS

I was forced to switch because our old machine didn't have a chip reader. However, almost all of our card payments come over the phone, so we don't use the chip option often anyway.

Lee from Souk Dari LLC

Vital POS System - Not for a full service restaurant

The commitments made by our ISA (independent Sales Agent) have turned out not to be true. There is no local support (Los Angeles). The only support is an 800 number which turns out to be a call in center in Ireland. After repeated calls, all of our issues can not be fixed. I am left with a POS system that does not function in a full service restaurant. I am locked into contracts and leases and no one at TSYS will return my calls.

Pros

The Vital POS platform is wholly owned by TSYS, a global merchant processor. The software is backed by a large Company with deep resources.

Cons

It simply does not work for a full service restaurant. - duplicate tickets are sent to the kitchen. - added gratuities (for large parties) can not be handled correctly by the software. - no security on tickets. Any server can simply Void a check. - There is a LOUD tone that emanates from the system when a check is printed. Can not be turned off. - There are discrepancies when totaling employee time.

Reasons for Choosing Vital POS

Vital was chosen on the advise of the Independent Sales Agent who is a Representative for TSYS Merchant Services. The POS system and merchant services were presented as a bundle.

Reasons for Switching to Vital POS

As we were purchasing the restaurant, we needed to set up a merchant account. During this process, the ISA (independent sales agent) informed us that he had a better POS system and cold bundle the merchant account with a new POS system. Since the ISA was referred to us by a trusted source, we thought he would provide good guidance.

HOLLY from Kitch-Encounters

Great product....

Pros

Can tell there is way more capability then how we are using it. Wish i could be trained on how to create items and pricing etc...

Cons

Can't think of anything.........................

Reasons for Choosing Vital POS

It has scanning capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Vital POS

We had old equipment and was told this would have scanning capabilities.

James from EntryPoint by Perrys decorative glass

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

easy to use

Pros

real easy for the installers to use on the job site, easy for the office staff to pull and print the invoice/payment info. easy to follow up and look at the day jobs collected

Cons

i wish it would auto batch at the end of the day. that is my real only complaint

cost

Kimberly from The Grateful Gourmet Co

Vital POS review

I currently am not using the POS, just credit card processing. Plan on starting with the POS during my slow period

Pros

It's ease of use and it's fast. Rarely have had any technical issues.

Cons

Returns are a huge problem. You are not only unable to return individual products but actually have to go look in your history for the original transaction. This is time consuming and and annoying to customers who are waiting. Also, the fact that the machine is not compatible with any gift card companies. I did not realize this when I purchased and until I find a solution I am back to paper gift cards.

Machine continually going down

Amy from Watt's Truck Center Inc.

Vital POS

Horrible for credits. Changing machines

Pros

nothing, not friendly, not enough functions, have to do everything manually

Cons

everything. Can't issue credits unless processed on this machine

Rep suggested this

save money

David from Progressive Dental Group

Vital POS does it all

Its been excellent and my staff and customers find it very cool to use.

Pros

Ease of use, portability, web site is easy to navigate.

Cons

Would like daily emails automatically sent to me of my daily totals

It felt right

Reasons for Switching to Vital POS

This system was less expensive and had lots more features

Elyse from Flushing Vision Clinic

Optometry Office User

Overall we are satisfied, except for the inability to post a partial refund

Pros

Portability and intuitive use is excellent!

Cons

We cannot issue a partial refund without imputing into an inventory, which is not functional for our practice.

SCOTT from REAL RocknRoll Movers

Buggy and Poor Support

Pros

Blue tooth connected swipers. Blue tooth swipers

Cons

Everything else. Daily issues. Issues connecting. Issues with payments processing properly. When it does work there are constant double charges because the app doesn't show the charge went through, even after checking the history so it's run again and then run twice. This upsets our customers, makes us look bad, and creates accounting issues and forces us to issue constant refunds. No help from customer service. Most times our staff is unable to use the app with a credit card on site and are forced to call in the card info leaving us unable to swipe cards, which because I was paying more to process the card because it wasn't swiped, which is the whole point of having swipers.

Cliff from Perdido Heating And Air

Customer Service

Overall great product.

Pros

The best thing about the software is the fact it is very simple to use. Even the employees that are not technology savvy had no problem figuring out.

Cons

The one thing I did not have a good experience with is the fact that to many different hands are in what happens when card is used. It is not a bad thing but they hands don't have any integration so one group can not see what the other group will see. If this can get fixed so that the deposit in the bank account is smooth then it gets 5 stars from me.

Luanne from Nosh Thyme

Needs improvement

Constantly calling for support because of something that is going on internally such as updates and i keep losing business because the customer can’t pay with their credit card.

Pros

Not happy with software at all. I am constantly on the phones with customer support.

Cons

~Never told about updates then u go to take a payment and system has crashed and you need to close batch and set up system again. - scanners only work on items on occasion. — was told a loyalty program is coming soon. It isn’t.

Reasons for Choosing Vital POS

Should have picked the alternative products

Kim from Kim Teaver & company llc

Not a great product

Thinking seriously about cancelling. I'm not pleased.

Pros

It sure provides a ton of information about all the fees I'm charged.

Cons

Loses connection too frequently. Too many steps to process a single transaction. Sometimes it just locks up in the middle of a transaction- cant believe I actually paid money for the devise.

Reasons for Choosing Vital POS

Seemed like a good alternative but I was wrong

Reasons for Switching to Vital POS

Thought I could save money on transactions fees

Alyssa from KELLY PAINT AND BODY

FAST, EFFICIENT, RELIABLE

USER FRIENDLY, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS QUICK TO RESPOND TO ANY QEUSTIONS OR CONCERNS WE MAY HAVE.

Pros

Cons

CHARGING IT EVERY NIGHT, AND THAT IS PROBABLY THE ONLY THING WE DON'T LIKE.

Laura from Silver Spur

Value

Pros

The bads outweigh the small good. I call for tech support and was never told it was out of country.

Cons

It does not function well for a bar/cafe setting. Too many steps.breaks down at worst possible times. Take long periods of hold to get support .I would love to return it but no one ever seems to read these

My bank recommended

Lorraine from The lock lady

Extremely Satisfied

Being able to receive payment in a fast manner

Pros

My industry is Locksmith not accounting. I could not proceed in survey until I picked one

Cons

Really nothing. I'm using it more every day.

John from John Henry Resorts LLC

Vital POS Review

Pros

The Ease of use of the software. It is accessible on multiple devices which is also great!!

Cons

Refund option; only offers full refund and not partial or an amount

Michelle from Automotive

great

Pros

very easy to use on our front terminal, register close out simple

Cons

it was a little difficult to set up the drivers phones

money and customer service

Konstandinos from L and G Family Restaurant

Horrible

I’d might like it if the team that sold it to me would have ever set it up. It’s been eight months and sales team is completely ignoring me !!!! Thanks for such wonderful service!!!

Pros

Looks nice .

Cons

I’m paying for it.