• Pros

• "Intuitiveness and convenience. I can do so much with this software. The reports are fabulous."

• "Easy to Use. The Rx filling screen flows easily and there is no need to jump around to different fields. The reports are useful in making decisions or seeing where trends are headed. "

• "Easy to learn, easy to use, powerful reporting capabilities."

• Cons

• "Sometimes customer service needs to elevate issues to more experienced techs quicker."

• "Generating custom reports can be a challenge. Pivot grid reporting is available but difficult to create and implement. "

• "customer support must be feeling a growth strain there are times I do not have my messages returned. printer interfaces seem to constantly fall out of sync and I get imcomplete reports"

Browse WinRx Reviews

ROBERT from Manning Pharmacy, Inc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

owner and pharmacist in charge

nothing really to tell other than the software works, it is ahead of new regulations and standards and is contantly improved by the imput of users

Pros

i think some thinks need tweeking and wished those showed up sooner other wise the sofware is good

Donovan from Camby Low Cost Pharmacy

Best Pharmacy Software and Support Out There

Software technicians and other support staff are always friendly and knowledgeable on the phones. If they don't know the answer right away, they will find another colleague to assist. Overall the software is the easiest and most functional pharmacy software I have used and would recommend it to any up-start pharmacy.

Pros

ease of use speed

Cons

There needs to be a feature that tells you the co-pay of recently adjudicated claims (perhaps a small box in the corner of the screen), so I don't have to 1.) grab the label to tell customer co-pay, or bring up their file to view the co-pay. Also, there needs to be a Days 3, 7, and 14 feature. A feature whereby I can 1.) view all Rxs that have been sitting in the Bin for 3 days, 7 days and 14 days. 2.) make notes regarding phone outreach attempts to patients (so I don't call patient today that was called yesterday about the same reminder)

Daniel from LONGLEY PHARMACY

Changed from Pioneer to ComputerRx... like going back in time

Their reasoning is that the issues will be addressed in the next version but there is no expected release date!

Pros

The dashboard is a good head's up display of how many scripts you have done that day. Not many other Pros.

Cons

In the Install they should have been able to load a “settings” file from another store to make the transition go better. For example each insurance plan has to have different boxes checked before the claims work. This info should have been loaded from another store’s computer instead of having us call computer rx for help HUNDREDS of times. o Inventory… our old system kept track of GPI. Computer rx can do this too we are now told. We did not know that this was even an option with computer rx until we had switched to cardinal CIM. We wasted countless hours trying to keep track of inventory by individual NDC and probably lost business because of out of stock items. o Tablet for the drive-thru was not setup on a static IP and it took them 6 months to figure out why it kept loosing connection! • POS system o The barcode scanners have to be re-programed intermittently (holds up a transaction for about 5 minutes) o Why are there different screens for checkout and delivery??? o Why is there no easy option to get a paper receipt when CC machines are not working? o Why cant cashiers put meds in the QUE for the techs to refill? o Why does the POS system not communicate back to win rx to indicate a patient is now in the store and change the priority in the que? o Why can you not change the “timeout” on the drive-thru ipad to give the customer more time to sign? o Why does the ipad constantly loose connection even though the wifi strength is 5 bars (full strength)? o Signatures for partial-fill prescriptions are not linked back to the patient profile (finally fixed!!!) • Customer service o Wait for 20 or 30 minutes on hold only to have someone fix the issue and create another problem worse than the one you called about!!! • Accounts o Why is there no way to manually adjust accounts? • WinRx o The default zoom for prescription images should be full screen! Why do we have to zoom in every image? o Why do we have to use 3 different filling systems??? Can we not just have narcotics and everything else??? o The text of Escripts should have the same layout as the items you verify on the verification page! o Other companies use PDF images and allow you to document notes on the image. It is much more convenient and harder to miss upon checking refills of the script than putting notes in the “rx notes” field. o Input  Why does the system freeze if the scanner went to sleep, or if you hit scan before you put the rx in the scanner? You should not have to start over.  Use last image should be patient specific!!! This is not only frustrating but dangerous! This caused a medication error because someone clicked used last image and it pulled the last image scanned at another station (which happed to be a sibling’s medication)  Refills should not be in a pop up box when updating a prescription… If you miss it you have to finish the rx then edit it to add the refills. This makes no sense you should be able to type in that field at any time. o Drugs  There should be a separate field for a drug’s barcode and NDC. This would allow drugs that have a different barcode to be scanned. Such as pen needle, OTC drugs, certain inhalers, etc. o Refill  Should be able to easily double bill a prescription from the refill screen o There should be a way to re-adjudicate a medication from the verification screen without printing another label. o We should be able to get to the edit screen from the fill screen and vice-versa o Why does pervasive not re-open when the computer restarts??? o We should be able to make the text of the program bigger… now I need to buy new monitors for a few employees that are always straining to see what the screens say. o Why do we have to keep so many icons open on the host computer? Could these not all be opened when win rx is opened and ran in the background??? o When you hit “delete fill” it should reverse all claims automatically… you should not have to hit multiple buttons o Why cant you bill a secondary insurance from the refill screen??? That would be common sense! • Compounds o Why does the price not stay? Why do we have to enter the price 3 times every time we fill a compound??? o Why do we have to restart the computer in the lab every day for the interface to work? o Why do we have to enter the NDC again after the drug was already selected?

Lonnie from Uintah Basin Medical Center Pharmacy

A Breath of Fresh Air!

We migrated to WinRx from a "best in the industry" system that was anything but! It was hard to use, difficult to navigate, and impossible to obtain reports. WinRx was a breath of fresh air! All of the difficulties we experienced in our previous software vanished with WinRx. WinRx is intuitive, easy to navigate and obtaining reports couldn't be easier! With such a great product, its easy to see why Computer-Rx continues to grow and gain customers.

Pros

Reporting and ability to easily export data.

Cons

Difficulty in managing users and forgotten passwords! It would be nice to reset the password instead of having to delete and create a new user.

Bruce from Stacy's Family Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

CRX...a Great Dispensing Partner !!

Ive been using CRX for about 14 yrs, maybe more. It has all the features I need to operate my pharmacy efficiently.

Pros

Cons

Really can't think of anything

Kristin from Kurt's Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

WinRX software works very well

So much simpler than our last software. Very user friendly.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, very few glitches/problems. We like that it pulls up the rxs still in the will call bin or sent to the dr for review. Nice to have credit cards on file with easy access.

Cons

It would be nice if you only had to enter customer credit card info in one spot, instead of a separate spot for accounts

Michael from Clinic Pharmacy of KY

Great Software - Great Company

I am the owner of 3 pharmacies. WinRx is a windows based program utilizing SQL for database management. This means that reporting is very powerful and easy to use. Having used 3 other systems in the past, I have found Computer-Rx's support to be the best I have encountered. When I call, a support person answers the phone - not the operator, or someone taking a call back number.

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, powerful reporting capabilities.

Cons

None.

Drew from Inola Drug

GREAT PHARMACY SOFTWARE!

I have used Computer-Rx since 2001. At the time, I looked at several other pharmacy software systems, and none came close to the ease of use and value of CRX. I now own 5 stores and use it in all of them.

Pros

Easy for new employees to learn. It can be customized to how you operate your pharmacy.

Horrible support.

Horrible since a few months ago. They just stopped providing support.

Pros

Nothing. We are locked in. Still runs on Btreive.. Yes BTREIVE!

Cons

Can't get a live human on the phone for days. Ticketing system is broken. These are not the droids you are looking for. Went downhill a few months ago and no idea why. Must have been bought or sold to new owners milking their license renewals. I'd seek alternatives. I will be happy to come back and update this review if their support improves. But it is really bad.

Reasons for Choosing WinRx

Pioneer was not available at the time.

Denzil from Yale Drug

Great! Excellent!

The software is excellent. I have been a pharmacist over 20 years and use several different kinds, and this is the best. They have even listened to my suggestions and made changes based on my input.

Pros

Cons

It needs a batch add feature.

Kaye from Pharmaceuticals

Poor customer service

After the last few months and the lack of response to problems,I would no longer recommend this company. Repeatedly been told they are going thru growing pains. I do not believe it should ever take more then 24 hours to fix a problem. It has been weeks. Still not fixed

Pros

I have used this program for about 10 years and have had excellent service in the past. In the last 6 months the customer service has tanked. I have had a problem with my retail label printer since July. Left multiple requests to it to be fixed. It was finally fixed in December. I also upgraded my equipment in the last 10 days. The person I dealt with was knowledgeable and helpful. We have had a number of hiccups. Now I can not get anyone to call me back. Have requested a manager to call and after 10 days I have not had a call or any response. Numerous e mails have not received a response either. One day I called in to get problem resolved with my printer. After an hour and reassurance with 2 separate calls that someone was there and would take care of my call. My call was terminated after being told "there was no longer anyone to take my call". I am beyond frustrated. There is no way to print statements. Prescription hard copies or information for patients on their medications.

Cons

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE See above complaint. Just want someone to respond to my requests

Gregory from Apothecare Pharmacy

Computer Rx (WinRx)

It is very easy to speak with upper management and programmers to have new funtions considered and installed.

Pros

This product is very intuitive. I was able to fill a new Rx for a new patient and new MD with no help in a reasonable amount of time.

Mark from Community Care Pharmacy

Overall performance and quality of WinRx

Easy to use and very good customer support. Support personnel are always there when I need them. Features of WinsRx help me to keep up with fast moving changes in the industry.

Pros

Easy to use , seems to be industry leading.

Cons

Good question.

Joe from Joe's pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Poor customer service and accounting

Pros

It was easy to learn for techs and new pharmacist

Cons

The computer service is rock bottom. Can't get anyone on the phone. Just spent $12k on new hardware and paid for it. Have only received one workstation in 30 days. They didn't post the payment to my account but instead held the money. Then charged the one computer against my account removing rebate credits. Can't explain to me why this was done and still have not fixed it. Will not answer my phone calls now about when I'm to receive my new work stations. I have been with them for 6 years and worked previously with them thru a chain that used them. They united with rx 30 to become transaction data systems and its been down hill ever since. Don't buy this system if you are and independent. We don't have $12k to have to chase down.

Jim from Medicine shoppe

Winrx is great software to use but can be very costly.

Pros

I like the ability to kind of do whatever we want with reports and labels. With regard to reports, we can easily make a data sheet on our financials with a few easy clicks.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is that sometimes it can be too cluttered making it difficult to use.

Kristie from Community Health Connection Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

WinRx makes my work days easier!

WinRx is very user friendly! The reports are helpful and if I can't get something I need the customer support is quick and helpful!

Pros

ease of use, reporting features

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to figure out how to filter reports. Also, when the reports print, they are extremely small font and difficult to read.

William from SWMTCHC

Software is well laid out and easy for users to use, but it is written extremely poorly.

Pros

Easy for non technical users to use.

Cons

From an IT perspective, this software is so oddly and poorly optimized. It requires a user account to be logged into the server all the time, which doesn't promote good network security. All of the applications require a user account be logged into the server instead of running as a service. Printing is terrible, the same printer is added to the server twice with a different name. Each type of job has to be configured to select the correct paper tray and printer. This software is not made for large networks using active directory. It is best suited for small pharmacies with no IT staff.

Shailesh from P&M Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Customer Service is very bad..

I have been using Win Rx since 2005. I like this software and they had very good customer service in the past. But in last year or so, their customer service went down big time - specially after acquiring Rx30. Now every time I call, person on phone does not have an answer. These are the trained people and they have to refer to someone on everything you ask. Some times you don't get a call back for days. Hope Computer-rx get their act together.

Pros

This software is good and I loved the features it provides.

Cons

Compounding feature in Win Rx is not that great.

Reasons for Choosing WinRx

past experience.

Christopher from Pharmacy Solutions

Chris Review

I think ComputerRx is a very well put together program. It's ease of use and plethora of functions make practicing pharmacy easier.

Pros

Ease of use

Thulan from Healthrx pharmacy

Horrible customer support

Take 1 or 2 hours before you can talk to someone and when you talked to someone, he/she said I had to take message and someone will call you back. Took 2 or 3 days before they called back. Junk system and terrible with customers service. Dont waist your money or time with this company.

Pros

I dont like anything about this system.

Cons

Junk software and terrible customer services.

Greg from Apothecare Pharmacy

Former QS1 user

Changing to WinRx was the best business decision I've made other than joining CPA. Making more money with less effort. 5 star rating can be achieved with sync and patient compliance programs.

JOHN from NICHOLS SOUTHSIDE PHARMACY

RESPONSE TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT

ANYTIME WE HAVE A PROBLEM CUSTOMER SUPPORT HAS BEEN AWESOME AND ALWAYS FIXES OUR PROBLEM. WE NEED TO HAVE SOME BACKUP FOR EMERGENCIES

Adam from GRX Holdings, LLC

Awesome Products!

We have 18 pharmacies on their software. They have been great to work with and offer a lot for the amount of money we pay them.

Diane from dianeprp@gmail.com

Great customer service

Everyone there is always helpful and friendly. No matter what the problem is they figure it out and get us back on track

Al from Hermitage Professional Pharmacy

Very satisfied for over 5 years...

I have nothing negative to say about Computer RX. They have been very helpful and help me keep up to date...

Colleen from Corner Drug Store

Great Service

Very satisfied with software and support.. Makes my job much easier.. Also helps me keep up to date...

sudip from University

excellent

overall its a good software

Pros

its very fast and efficient . it has no bugs. it does not slow down. opens instantly.

Cons

its design . the design is not tht much good.