• Pros

• "I like that it’s a one stop shop for me, I find the restaurant on yelp and make reservations without having to call. It’s also nice to see current wait times, very convenient,"

• "As a user Yelp is good and helpful, even though we have some reviews which are not reliable."

• "I like the ease of use with this software the most. It makes the process of making reservations incredibly streamlined, and allows for a ton of flexibility with scheduling/re-scheduling."

• Cons

• "Can be a little clunky on mobile but otherwise, there isn't a whole lot to dislike about the software. "

• "I hate how Yelp always makes you download the app. It basically forces you to do so, instead of using the website on the your phone. Otherwise, it is great! "

• "My only complaint is that the follow through with the leads we receive from reservations isn't super high. We have a huge drop off from number of reservations we receive vs. how many actually come in."

Browse SeatMe Reviews

Phoebe from UCSB

Industry: Writing and Editing

The Top Application for Your Restaurant!

Our small restaurant wants to expand to multiple locations in California. By using Yelp Reservations, we can see how we would manage multiple restaurants as our customer base has continually grown over the past year.

Pros

Yelp Reservations helps me easily handle customers through managing reservations and contacting my customers on the go. Besides working in (online) education, I also help manage a small restaurant in a very populated city. Our soft opening was insane but the experience was amazing thanks to the accessibility of Yelp Reservations. Our team could find where to see who was on the wait-list and who was waiting to be seated for reservations.

Cons

I did not find any problems with using Yelp Reservations in our small restaurant. It is very restaurant and customer friendly.

Reasons for Switching to SeatMe

I made the switch from OpenTable to Yelp Reservations because I thought that Yelp Reservations was more friendly to standalone restaurants like ours. I believe that Yelp Reservations would also prove useful as we transition to expanding our restaurant brand.

Daria from Galiver

One stop

Frustration-free experience. Booking is very simple and takes 30 seconds.

Pros

Cons

I didn’t notice any cons whatsoever. I guess the only thing is if you need a special table like a view or in a specific area of a restaurant you’d have to call.

Reasons for Switching to SeatMe

Yelp is more convenient for me because I use yelp more often then I use google maps.

Heather from Head To Toe Chiropractic of Canton, LLC

Not Great

I find it a decent app but not my go to anymore.

Pros

Yelp is good for local shops and businesses as that seems to be their focus. They provide reviews and photos for customers which again is very helpful when making decisions.

Cons

Yelp does not always update their system meaning that some places will say they are still open but they are really closed. The other con is not every review is visible meaning you have to be someone who leaves a lot of reviews on the site inorder for your review to be seen.

Jenny from Romio

I've used Yelp Reservations when I've been on Yelp and see reservations are available.

Pros

If I'm already on Yelp looking for a restaurant and I happen upon a restaurant I definitely want to make a reservation at and see reservations are possible to book via Yelp directly, I'll use Yelp Reservations. The user experience is quick and seamless and comparable to reservation competitors like OpenTable and Resy. I like that because it's familiar, it's easy and it's not overcomplicated. The email confirmation follow-up is always good, too. Pretty standard, but good nonetheless.

Cons

I dislike 2 main things about Yelp Reservations. First (on desktop) if you're on Yelp Reservations then decide to change what cuisine or what neighborhood you're looking for in the search bar, the search generates regular Yelp results vs. Yelp Reservation results. You have to click "Make a Reservation" again at the top, which is annoying and makes the experience slightly less seamless. It's not a HUGE issue, but one or two extra steps to a consumer is one too many since the reservation booking alternatives don't have this issue. Second, it's frustrating that the search results generate neighborhoods FAR beyond the neighborhood you're searching for. It makes sense for neighborhoods relatively near the original neighborhood search to pop up but it's just not OK for neighborhoods in different states to pop up. I'd MUCH rather have less search results pop up.

Pawan from Self

Great for finding local establishments and making reservations

Pros

The fact that the establishment's menus and other details are right there within the app makes it so much easier to plan an evening out, say. The time slots are available and easy to change if plans change.

Cons

I have not really encountered anything negative with this app. But there's always a first time (just kidding! :-))

Had better luck with Yelp

Kalin from OUHSC

Useful, but Behind the Competition

This software has great reviews and information about restaurants. It is easy to use and has a wide user base. The only problem is that there is not a defining feature that would cause me to recommend it over Google alternatives that are already built into my phone.

Pros

Yelp Reservations allows the user to read reviews of different restaurants, see pictures of menu items posted by others, see contact information for restaurants, and make reservations to restaurants that have this feature set up. Having all of this information in one place is very convenient, and helps the user to make informed choices on where to eat. The layout is nice and easy to use. Yelp also has a wide user base, which means that the amount of information posted is large and extensive.

Cons

I found Yelp Reservations lacking versus the competition. I often search for places to eat on Google Maps simply because once I find a place to eat, I can then navigate there within the same app. Google Maps offers reviews, pictures, menus, and the ability to make reservations within the app. Simply put, Yelp offers fewer features than competitors and is lesser-known. While it is good software, these factors make it hard to recommend over Google Maps for simplicity-sake.

Yelp Reservations Review

Overall, Yelp Reservations is a great resource, especially because I use Yelp a lot and appreciate having all my information in one place. I can learn more about the restaurant and make my reservations (even if they are last-minute).

Pros

Yelp Reservations is great for being able to check out local restaurants and making reservations in advance. The desktop platform is very easy to navigate and is not complicated at all. I have the option to read reviews and view pictures that others have posted, so I can make informed decisions prior to making my reservation. I also appreciate receiving an email confirmation once I make my reservation.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about Yelp Reservations is that not all restaurants use it. Therefore, if I want to make a reservation at a restaurant that isn't listed in their database, I'll have to use other apps or softwares. Other than that, it's pretty easy to use and a great tool.

Nibaruta from Purple Sky Technology Inc.

Useful but need revamp

There are many things that need to be improved on side of the user such as allowing them to track digitally reservations or any other means that confirming to the user that the restaurant is aware of your reservation

Pros

It's used in a place that you don't know that much because sometimes you have no idea of how much of a rush restaurant has. The layout is nice and kinda easy to use. Reservation having images and reviews at the same place is an extra feature.

Cons

one drawback is that not all restaurants are on it so even is something useful you might not find your favorite or wanted a spot on yelp. Happened multiple times that restaurants didn't receive/see the reservation. Once a reservation made u receive an email but you do not have another way of tracking the reservation.

Looking for more features

Sebastian from Boat and Bottle

Great use this every date night!

I will recommend this to everyone who is either going on a date, birthday dinner, etc and wanting to plan ahead.

Pros

The best thing is you never have to worry about waiting for a table ever again with this amazing reservation thru yelp.

Cons

Sometimes the downside is that yelp wont have all the restraints you want but it is very helpful and comes in hand.

Nishi from The Stepping stones group

Yelp is easy and convenient!

Overall, I like Yelp reservations. The convenience is really cool. We have never had any issues with the restaurants. For those who eat out frequently, it is a must. It is an advantage to use during holiday seasons too.

Pros

Yelp reservations is so easy to use. It is secure and convenient. We have used it many times and never had a problem. Yelp also is updated on which restaurants are closed. This information is more accurate than Google.

Cons

With Yelp, we need to have an account. It will not let you read complete reviews if you do not have an account.

Anvita from Freelance

Yelp Reservations is Convenient

Overall my experience with Yelp Reservations has never disappointed. I find it convenient that the software indirectly indicates when a restaurant has reservations available or when they even accept them. I have made many reservations for my family or groups of friends at various restaurants and every time the restaurant has been expecting our arrival. I would recommend using Yelp Reservations especially when you are already browsing through Yelp for information on the restaurant you are planning on visiting because you can get everything done in one place!

Pros

What I like most about Yelp Reservations is that if I am browsing reviews and menus on a restaurant I know I want to visit, I have the convenient option of making a reservation quickly online. I like that I do not have to call, and that Yelp Reservations basically "filters" for me which restaurants even have the option to make reservations. I also really like that they have a wide range of times that are still available, and that I can put how many guests and that I receive a confirmation email so I know that my reservation has been successful.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Yelp Reservations as it is a straight forward software that allows guests to make a reservation. Because I am so detail oriented, sometimes I do not like the doubt in my mind that maybe the restaurant did not receive my reservation, or the uncertainty that maybe the online options are not the most updated ones. I remember being skeptical about how the reservation system worked via Yelp the first time I used it, because I felt more comfortable calling the restaurant directly to make sure it was scheduled, but it turns out those doubts were for nothing as Yelp Reservations seems to have the most updated times available. I dislike not being in direct communication with the restaurant, in case more/other guests have called the restaurant and scheduled reservations at the same time as me, because Yelp does not indicate the volume of reservations at your selected time, and if the restaurant is contacted directly they may be better able to suggest a time that is less busy, or can confirm that there are still plenty of reservations available.

Jennifer from San Jacinto Storage

drive customers to your business that you didn't even know you had.

We really have seen an increase in traffic and revenue by using this. Also by setting up a reservation time, we can make sure that we are fully available to assist those customers that are coming in at that time.

Pros

Yelp reservations is a great way to make sure that YOU are the place your customers are going to. With your business listing on yelp, this option allows for customers to make a reservation without having to call or go to your website. If someone searches for your type of business, not only will your business pop up, but they will also be able to make a reservation. We have seen an increase in traffic and revenue since we have added this feature. We have found that more people are likely to go to you if they know that something has been set up ahead of time. For us, we run a storage and this allows customers to know that when they come, we will be expecting them, and be able to help them.

Cons

The only issue is it took us a while to get our information correct. Mind you this was user issue and did not have to do with the yelp add on. WE were having reservations come in that were outside of office hours. Once we got this straightened out and actually added the correct hours, it was no longer an issue. I would suggest that if your closing time sensitive establishment, that you cut your available reservation time to the amount of time that it would allow for you to assist that reservation so that you don't have issues.

Christina from Xpand Realty & Property Management

Yelp Keeps Improving - Enjoy Yelp Reservations!

Yelp Reservations has many benefits not only to use the user but also to the restaurant! Everything is digital and the you don't have to spend time calling, which requires the host at the restaurant to answer the phone (which is usually busy and loud!), and then having to say how many people are in your party, what your name is and spell your name, what time the reservation is, and also asking how long the wait is. Yelp Reservation provides you with all this information right at your fingers tips - you already know how long the wait is or if there is no wait, you can easily type in your name and information and then you get a confirmation and email - what a time saver! The restaurant and the user are on the same page when you arrive - avoiding phone call conversation mistakes and errors! Great job Yelp Reservations, I'd highly suggest any Yelp user to use Yelp Reservations - it just makes like simpler and easier!

Pros

I've been relying on Yelp since they first began. I frequently check Yelp on my desktop, laptop, and I have the app on my phone. Yelp has really stepped up it's game and I appreciate that Yelp really filters reviews and gives the use a trusting experience and recommendation be it for restaurants, take out, cleaning services, medical, people, shops, the list goes on! Yelp Reservations has taken Yelp to the next level because it offers users an easier way to make a reservation - you can easily see what times are available, how long the wait is, and instantly send a reservation request to the restaurant without having to call. What a great additional service that Yelp Reservations had added to Yelp!

Cons

I have no complaints. Yelp is very user friendly and has made reviews and dining experiences less hectic and overall easier for everyone!

Elyse from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

A great solution from a brand you already trust

Yelp Reservations makes it possible to snag your customers right as they're getting hungry. As one of those customers, I'm grateful for a solution that lets me find my cake and eat it, too! I hope more of my favorite restaurants start using it, too!

Pros

I love it when a brand I already know and love rolls out a software solution that solves a major problem. The problem? There are so many reservation options out there, and as a customer I have a short fuse when it comes to wasted time. When I'm hungry, I want my reservation yesterday. Yelp to the rescue! I love that I can make reservations right through the app I use to find my food.

Cons

Yelp Reservations does have some of the same problems Yelp itself does: namely, the visual layout of the software is a little confusing. But it's a small price to pay for the ease of use you get.

Perfect for our 200+ seat restaurant

Pros

I liked that Yelp Reservations made it easy to mark/manage/update a very large restaurant floor plan in realtime. In addition, people could make online reservations easily without fuss, and there were lots of options to customize reservation making and restaurant pacing.

Cons

I did not like that the functionality was slightly different between the main laptop used and the iPads. Some buttons functioned differently, some with less of the same options.

Secure and Convenient for planning

Making reservations in an easy way and with lots of options makes it a great app. I like the fact that you can get spots on a regular basis and it's very reliable. Once you get to the place, you feel like they were waiting for you to get there because they already received your reservation and are ready to serve you.

Pros

Yelp is a great app to get an idea of the vibe and the good (or bad) things about a restaurant that you might have been thinking on going or just one that you heard by opening the app, plus once you decide you can just make a reservation with it's quick and easy system.

Cons

It's very simple to make a reservation and the software is very easy to use. You might feel that once you get to the place the information did not make it to the restaurant. Also you might not find all the updated places that you could visit.

Streamlined simple reservation process

I easily made a reservation 15 minutes before the reservation time through my Yelp app when I was near a restaurant. When we arrived, the restaurant had received it so the process was seamless. It would be helpful to know if some reservations were not available when trying to make the reservation though.

Pros

Since most businesses are on Yelp, it is easy and simple to make the reservation directly from the Yelp business page. This is intuitive since many times, a user would be on the Yelp page already to check out the restaurant reviews and information before making a reservation.

Cons

After making the reservation, it does not show the current reservation info when you are in the app, which would be convenient for checking how many you made the reservation for and at what time. Even though an email confirmation is sent, it would be even more convenient to see it updated on the app itself. It also would be convenient if non-available timeslots could be grayed out.

Great Experience - Always room for improvement

Be where your competition isn't!

Pros

On a website where reputation and reviews dominate, why not incorporate a way of making reservations through the platform as well. I love the idea of having a Yelp user check our website for pictures and reviews, and then further directly converting from the platform to make a reservation.

Kelsey from self employed

Yelp reservations has been great

Yelp reservations has been straight forward and helpful when trying to get reservations for a lot of restaurants that do not have the capability.

Pros

Yelp and Yelp Reservations have been great. It makes reservations easy and convenient as the information is all in one place.

Cons

Super cool option to save you time

This is overall such a great resource for the average consumer! A must try for you during your next free time!

Pros

Yelp has always been a great resource for me to figure out more about the places around me and especially in regards to food options. Now this yelp reservations is an awesome tool for you to get ahead of the game and plan out your day and evening effectively to save you time and maximize your fun! Use it quick and easily with the app!

Cons

The app did have a few glitches at first, but recently it has really been on par. It’s honestly at about the same level as other options out there, but I think more people using it and putting out reviews could really help point them in the right direction.

Quickest way to make a reservation at a restaurant!

Pros

The best features about Yelp Reservations include: easy of use, conveniency, and speed when booking a table at a restaurant. It's also really nice to have an option like this within the app because all the information, including reviews, photos, and directions for the particular place are on one page. It saves time as a guest because I don't have to call the restaurant directly, which saves both me and the receptionist time. Plus, during a busy evening at a restaurant, you don't always get through to someone.

Cons

I am unsure of how quickly the platform updates cancellations or openings for its reservation windows. For example, the one good thing about speaking directly to a front desk person at the restaurant is that if they had a last minute cancellation, they can book you in that time slot immediately. There have been a few times where I've gone to book a reservation through Yelp, a time slot I wanted was unavailable, and I just called the vendor to see if there were any updates to the calendar and got in.

Megan from Deluxe

Pros

Really like that the mobile app will go anywhere and can also track your location in order to get your opinion on the different places that you go.

Cons

I really dont have any cons at this point. Just that new places should get on here asap so they can start getting great reviews and connecting with customers

Pretty Standard and Easy Reservations App

Pros

I have always loved Yelp for reviews. Any time I try somewhere new, I always head to Yelp first. Having an app that allows me to make a reservation on the spot when I see something I like is super convenient, especially when planning dinners while traveling. I like that reservations, pictures, and reviews are all in one place.

Cons

The app versus the online version work a little differently so when you get used to one way on the phone you have to hunt for the function on the desktop. Not a huge complaint! Also, sometimes when I am searching for a certain location, the restaurants that come up are way outside of this location.

Özgür from Ford Motor Company

Easy to manage search, review and reservations from one app

Yelp is amazing for the reviews; but has room for development when it comes to reservations. Restaurant network needs to be bigger and also communication with the restaurants need improvement for confirmation purpose. In short, requires still some time to be enough - but good as a start.

Pros

Yelp is an amazing app. Not only for the honesty of the reviews but also for the reservation feature as well. The best thing is that online reservation which prevent you to interact with restaurant employees; especially if they speak a different language. This really saves life when you're in abroad and looking for a restaurant. You can list and sort your reservations and also see contact information and address as well. You can also see it in calendar and manage.

Cons

One consequence is that Yelp is not common yet for the reservations. For example, Open Table is much more common. Another issue is that sometimes restaurants does not see the reservation; so you may be surprised when you go to the restaurant and ask for your table. You definitely need to download the app in order to manage reservations, read full reviews or e.g. menu photos to see.

Julia from Julia Hale Fitness

Great way to find and compare restaurants, shops, hotels, etc. in any area I'm unfamiliar with.

Easy way to find local eateries wherever I am

Pros

I love that Yelp gives you your proximity to current location, it's easy to compare places (if you click on a place that you are looking at, it opens in a new window which means you don't lose where you were looking). Reviews are by real people, and have typically steared me in the right direction. Great to have photos too!

Cons

Anyone with an opinion can right it - whether they know anything or not. It's a bit of a catch 22 - anyone can provide a review but if they have a bad experience and rate someone horribly, star ratings go down and I do pay attention to that.

want it. get it. go.

Pros

simplicity. reliance on the crowd for ongoing validation and assessment. transaction support and integration

Cons

sometimes clunky. 'search' and 'results' are, too often, disconnected. multiple features and functionalities don't always work in synch

Elizabeth from Behavioral Health Works

Need Help? Use Yelp!

All in all, Yelp is an amazing app that has made finding good restaurants easy.

Pros

Yelp is a super useful and efficient app that helps you find just what you are looking for. It allows users access to consumer reviews, photos, restaurant menus, fast booking (online reservations), pre-assigned table/seating, current wait times, and much more- to ensure that customers find the right restaurant every time regardless of the occasion.

Cons

Yelp Reservations sends you an email confirmation once you have made an online reservation, but does not allow you to digitally track your reservation, which can often make you feel uneasy (wondering if the restaurant received your request or if particular timeslot is even available).

Joseph from Uss Nemo

Lot of set up intially

Great experience with good customer service

Pros

Once everything is pre-set the system pretty much can run on its own

Cons

A lot of time and planning is spent setting up how you want your restaurant flow to go

Love this Yelp feature!

Overall I really enjoy using Yelp Reservations, and find myself reaching for it all the time.

Pros

Cons

One issue would be the lack of solutions for when reservations at a restaurant are booked at a certain time. Showing alternative locations nearby with the same time slots would be a nice addition to this software. Perhaps notifications for if a certain time slot were to open up would be nice, too. One other issue is the lack of consistent use of this software by restaurants. If Yelp could work on expanding this feature to more restaurants, it would be even better!

Olivia from CBRE

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

All in one place...

10/10 recommend. It's super easy to use, and you have everything you need all in one place. My favorite part is looking up the menu before I book.

Pros

Yelp reservations goes beyond just making a reservation. Not only do I use Yelp Reservations to make a reservation, but I also get to look at reviews, the menu, photos... I even sometimes get specials from restaurants like free chips and queso if I "checked in". Very easy to use, and I get benefits.

Cons

Not every restaurant is on Yelp Reservations, which makes it hard when you want to book a certain place.

jamison from quorum

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

I use this when I don't want to wait. It cuts down time when you are busy and on the go. Easy to u

Very easy to use, Its quick and fast, and you review and decide if you want to go the establishment or not. Can be used from any device.

Pros

This is easy to use. In a fast busy environment this tool is convenient. I use this mostly on the weekends or when we have lunch meetings. This has saved me time. You walk in and in most cases directed to your table. The reviews are nice and links of the establishment. You can put this on any device.

Cons

Some establishments don't honor this application. Hopefully in the future establishments will get on the right track.

Michele from DLP Real Estate, Inc.

Great tool to use when traveling and looking for a good place to eat.

Pros

I enjoy the reviews and pictures other users share to help me make a more informed decision on where to choose.

Cons

Nothing, I love this app. I have enjoyed everything about it.

Ariadne from New York State Assembly

Streamlined reservation service

It's an ok app. It's pretty much intuitive and customers don't struggle to make a reservations.

Pros

Yelp has been an app that offers relatively honest testimonials contributed by independent users. As a customer, Yelp Reservations is a relief that you don't have to go to another platform just to make a reservation after you look up the business's yelp page for people' honest reviews. I have recommended other restaurant owners to use this for more customers.

Cons

I don't know if there's much thing I don't like about this thing yet. I have not personally have had an unpleasant experience using the app. If I am to talk anything, people on yelp are placing their business based on the faith they have in the posted yelp reviews. So as long as this additional reservations service is able to continue providing faith, It shall be fine.

Reasons for Choosing SeatMe

Because it's on yelp.

Cami from Keller WIlliams Realty

Yelp Reservations Rocks

Pros

I love this app! I make all my reservations on Yelp and have not had one fall through or be a problem. I select the restaurant, time and number of people and once I submit the request, I get a text confirmation with my details and off we go to have lunch or dinner. Great for setting up meals with clients or friends and family. Love love love it.

Cons

None at this time, I have not had any negative or less than positive situations while using Yelp Reservations.

Ronda from Not given

It is something that is a common name for customers and businesses.

Pros

That for the customer its a no brainier. Touch and click and by the evening your out with friends or families having dinner at your favorite restaurant.

Cons

I can say I don't have any complaints unless I need to make one up in my head.

Helpful app for reservations

I do like Yelp reservations but for the cost I think that the app interface should be much better.

Pros

I like the simplicity of this app and that I am able to customize the tables to mimic what my restaurant floor looks like - makes reservations easier to manage

Cons

I do not like the interface of this for mobile devices. I use two iPads to manage reservations and they will not sync with each other. One will show a table Is available and the other app will not update and show the same.

Kenneth from Pittsburgh Mennonite

Yelp Helps!

I used Yelp Reservations at a very trendy restaurant that just opened in the area. The lobby was crowded and wait times were ridiculous. We were seated immediately and had a fine meal.

Pros

I enjoy using and reading the reviews on Yelp when considering going to a new restaurant. Each review gives you an idea of how good a place can be. If I decide to attend a restaurant I enjoy the idea of quickly making reservations via Yelp. The process is easy and I never had a problem using this service. I appreciate that I can go to a crowded restaurant and be seated quickly knowing the reservation will be honored.

Cons

I really don't have a problem with this software!

Dana from Health Wealth & fitness

Industry: Restaurants

great way to tie into reviews and reservations

Pros

Yelp is one of the most visited sites so it naturally helps restaurants. We like using their reservation system as it helps attract new customer base. Typically those who use it for reservations will also use it for a follow up compliment or review.

Cons

Having the back end/office side more user friendly for expanding reservation base. Updates via app so we can constantly look and change our books.

Ryuta from TK Wine Inc

Easy reservation app

Pros

Good when you need to make reservations online. HIt also has reminder systems by email and text messages.

Cons

If you are the one who is getting the reservation through this app, there will be a lot of no shows. Should have some penalty to users who do not show up without canceling.

Omar from Canada.id

Do not use it for advertisement, it is great as free service only

Great as free service, and the worst platform for the worth of dollar for advertisment.

Pros

Cons

I did got an offer to do paid advertisment using the Yelp business platform. It was my worst experience ever. The sales person gave me very good statistics about my business and other business for the paid ads. They pushed me to sign a contract with them for 6 months with a minimum amount ( i cant remember exactly). When i started, i found that the avarage click payment is much higher than expected. Then when I requested to cancel the contract, they requested me to pay a penelty fees. This shocked me, and I found my self that I have to continue with them. I did continue but I was totally unhappay and I told them this is cheating. After 6 months of paid ads, I didnt recieve any valuable leads from yelp. I told them I dont want to deal with your company any more. And after that I am recieving sales calls once or twice every week!!! I told them I dont want to deal with you, and the calls are still going till today, more than two years.

Erin from Ctai.co

Yelp app review

Pros

large database of restaurant and value reviews

Cons

Yelp Elite Squad system is confusing for user

rayza from variedadestech

Industry: Computer Networking

very good for those who are traveling to other countries and states

i found my favorite place thanks to the app and i am satisfied with the suggestions that are close to my region.

Pros

The interesting thing is that you can get in touch with the place you want to go and find out what is best for you so you dont waste your time going to a place that is not pleasant

Cons

what is missing is to update the app more because it has many indications that there are no more.

Sharona from CVMG

Best app for making reservations!

Great! Will continue using the app for future dinner parties!

Pros

I love how the app makes it so easy to make reservations for dinner. It’s a one stop shop- I can review the restaurants reviews, see pictures of their meals and make a reservation.

Cons

Sometimes I make a reservation and it gets cancelled because the restaurant was closed early that night. Could be an issue with the restaurant but it is a little annoying.

Extremely convenient and useful to skip long waits!

Overall, my experience with Yelp Reservations has been amazingly positive. I would recommend its use to anyone who hates wasting time waiting!

Pros

Ever since my friend showed me how to use Yelp Reservations, if it is available at the restaurant I am going to, I will use it. It enables you to check the wait times at the restaurant and check-in ahead of time, saving you a lot of time waiting at the actual restaurant. I have had multiple experiences where I would check-in early, receive my wait time, get to the crowded restaurant, and get ushered in before all the people who had gotten there before me. It's amazing!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software. It has saved me tons of time waiting at restaurants.

Patrick from Compass

Easiest Restaurant Reservation Software

Overall, I think this is one of the best online reservation softwares available.

Pros

I absolutely love Yelp Reservations because it allows you to read reviews about a restaurant before making a reservation.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like is that sometimes you can get a reservation for a specific time by calling the restaurant directly even though it may not be listed on this software as available.

Kelly from RE/MAX Homefinders

Yelper special

I love it and makes life on the go much easier .. it helps me really tackle a new city when it comes to dining

Pros

I love that this app is a like a one stop shop for me. I'm busy on the go and constantly travel, so not only can I find reviews. Coupons. Numbers and directions I can also get ahead and make my reservations . Love love love it!

Cons

I wish more restaurants would catch on and upload their information.

Michael from Menlo College

Easy to use way to make a reservation at a restaurant

Used this to check in to my favorite restaurant(s), and put myself on the waiting list. It was quick and easy.

Pros

It's integrated with Yelp, so I can check in and/or write reviews, too. It was super simple to use, and worked just fine. It notified me when my table was ready.

Cons

Nothing, really. It did what it was supposed to, and worked great. Honestly, there wasn't anything to complain about, and it was problem-free.

Madeline from Meat & Potatoes

Industry: Restaurants

As a restaurant employee this is terrible

It's a pain.

Pros

- you can text guests when their table is ready - easy to look up reviews as a customer

Cons

As a host, this software is absolutely terrible. It is SO slow and LAGS!!!!! When moving tables around it doesn't know (I assume this is a software formula) to move a reservation to an open table so things can get overlapped EASILY and you have to MANUALLY move it. It is SOO unnecessary and time-consuming. Open table and switch a reservation when you move stuff automatically and is so much better. When a customer replies to an automated text and they write "stop" yelp will just cancel the reservation even if they don't reply with "3"

Reasons for Switching to SeatMe

I moved to a different restaurant

Lisa from Know & Grow English

Easy way to make reservations

I am happy with Yelp, it's something that I trust and I see that customers trust it too.

Pros

I think that it was very easy to use and that was the best thing about it for me. I like things that are convenient and easy and this fit the bill.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can think of to write about, everything functioned well and did exactly what I was hoping for.

A Lifeline in a New City

I love how easy it is to find new restaurants and make reservations right from an app on my phone. Yelp Reservations allows me to make reservations without calling the restaurant. I have never had any issues with this software and will continue to use it both at home and in new cities.

Pros

I love how easy it is to find and make restaurant reservations.

Cons

There is nothing I would change about this software.