What are Yodeck users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yodeck software through verified user reviews

• icon"The software is extremely easy to get your head around. The simplicity and the speed of getting new playlists and imagery up is amazing and instantaneous."
  • icon"Ease of use is quite amazing we use it for our signs in the hotel."
  • icon"Friendly UI, very fast response times, many widgets. Compared to Samsung Digital Signage products, Yodeck is the best solution and in a fair price."
  • icon"Entries should be mad in a easy to use calender, to determine when an antry should show up. This is at the moment missing."
  • icon"The initial set up was a little confusing - linking the playlist to the layout didn't feel intiuitive."
  • icon"It might be missing an accessory to fix the case."

Browse all Yodeck Reviews

• Have you used Yodeck and would like to share your experience with others?

Lawrence

Industry: Facilities Services

Product platform

I am extremely satisfied with Yodeck as both a digital signage and management platform.

Pros

I was looking for a digital marketing platform that I could promote to a particular niche market and Yodeck provided most of the features I was looking for. Ease of management, workspaces and user privileges all make this ideal.

Cons

The only problem I experienced was with the scheduling module. Not being able to set a schedule to occur on a particular day for a period means a lot of additional manual scheduling.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

The backend management had more features and was easier to understand. Also the user management aspect, combined with work spaces will allow me to give some control to my users while not allowing them to completely mess up the system.

Graeme

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great product does everything I want.

Before I found Yodeck I would have to travel to the coffee shop to update a PowerPoint presentation which ran on a tower PC under one of the customer tables. If I was on holiday it would not get updated until I returned. Now I can update the display from my home or anywhere on the planet. Another advantage is the time out feature. Before I would have to put in an expiry date in the notes so I knew when to delete them then go through them all looking at the expiry date and delete them.

Pros

This is a fantastic product it is so easy to use and set up. I administrator the display in a charity coffee shop in Scotland and have updated this screen from South Africa, Vietnam, Germany and many other places while on holiday. The timeout feature is a fantastic feature which I use all the time. The Free option is perfect for us and is very much appreciated. I have also installed it in a small Solar company next to our coffee shop which they administer themselves. Great product 10/10.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is the SAVE button position be more consistent in its location. Some screens it's at the top others at the bottom. A very trivial thing but it's all I can think of at the moment. The ability to have a slide automatically deleted ounce its expiry date has passed would be good would just date that bit extra time. Just a tick box so that you would still have the option to keep it.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Ease of use and no limitations on the free version.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

I was ok but very limited in the Free version and was certainly not as easy to use. Stopped using after a week.

Derek

Wonderful App

Pros

I have a single screen in a rental property that I want to utilize for information sharing about local businesses, welcome information and details about the property. Other similar products either do not work (failed installs with unresolved bugs) or expect you to pay. Yodeck offers all the features I could hope for in a robust and well built application and it's free as advertised. Amazing!!

Cons

The application is quite easy to use, no cons identified yet

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Amazing full featured product free for a single screen

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Kiosk is buggy and not more than an alpha version and while Screenly is free they expect you to pay for remote management which didn't meet my needs.

Ken

Not worth it

Poor

Pros

Product relativity Easy to use but due to lack of features

Cons

Little options for widget. Customer support lousy. No good direction.

Response from Flipnode

Hi Ken, we would like to apologize for the delay in shipping out your Players. Due to the COVID-19 situation, there was a delay in our suppliers shipping out orders. Now, our suppliers have caught up with all pending orders. Our customer support did the best they could to speed things up, I am sorry that we could not serve you as best as possible but it was out of our control. Concerning features, Yodeck is constantly being developed, so a feature that you might be missing might be released soon. Send over a ticket with your requirements and we can get back to you with estimations on when your required features will be released. If you feel that Yodeck cannot serve your requirements now or in the near future, please reach out and request a refund. Thank you, The Yodeck Team

Replied April 2020

Mika Alexander

Industry: Security and Investigations

We found our digital solution and are happy with it :-)

Everything worked fine from the beginning. We ordered two raspberry´s as devices. They are pre-configured including our WIFI settings and ready to use. They were sent by UPS and were delivered already the next day (Greece -> Germany). We are happy!

Pros

It´s easy to use and very intuitive. It is a cloud based software so you login into their website. Everything is explained well and can be used just right away. They just launched a webbrowser based digital signage player. So you only need a pc and a webbrowser to show a digital signage show. It is still a "beta version" but it works fine.

Cons

Nothing negative has yet been discovered :-)

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

I liked to work with PLAY, but the presentations got stuck regularly on the screens. Furthermore one screen per month would cost approx. 16 US$ which is much too high.

Christopher

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to use digital signage solution for Raspberry PI

We use Yodeck as an information system in a public high school cafeteria. Students are presented with PSA images, lunch menus, sports schedules, weather reports and a synchronized clock. The system runs 24 hours a day has has done so without error for more than a year now.

Pros

Coming from Samsung Magicinfo, Yodeck was far superior in almost every aspect. Wide varieties of media are playable as part of the slide deck, including PDF, images, videos and remote HTML. Our screen sat dead waiting for a solution before we found Yodeck.

Cons

The software does require a connection to the home server to operate, would be nice to have a fully offline mode. I haven't had a chance to test how the system would work in a fully offline environment.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Compatibility with our PI boxes, outstanding user interface, great customer support.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Poor support from Samsung forced a change to new software.

Hansel

Awesome Product.

We did a remodel of our show room and was looking for a way to do digital advertising and pricing. I ran across this product during the search and compared to others on the market YODECK gave you more bang for your buck. After using this product now for over 2 years I would not use anything else.

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. Self explanatory and easy to implement

Cons

I can't say that I find anything wrong with this product

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Way less expensive and the software looked easier to use.

Industry: Research

Great option for DIY or with Yodeck Player

Pros

Ease of use, configurable, feels solid/stable.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. I don't know if I saw an option to automatically/remotely update the software on the Yodeck player but it may just be that I haven't noticed it yet.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

I felt like I needed the added bit of support that came from Yodeck over a truly DIY solution.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and quick digital billboards odne right

We needed a simple and cost-effective digital billboard solution. We looked at other providers and chose what we realize now, which was the simplest solution out there.

Pros

We were able to get it up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

We have found nothing negative. It appears to be the best out there.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

It was easier to implement than the alternatives.

Harrison

Industry: Law Practice

Great Product but does take some getting used to the layers to setup.

In my brief time it is a much more polished product to its competitors and I have many other project sin mind after our testing of it.

Pros

Easy of deployment and once you figure it out not to bad over all.

Cons

Not all options flow through; for example folders of content to playlists.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

The clean interface, the still low cost over all, added features like SSO.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Not liking the way it worked and wanted something a little more polished.

Christian

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers. Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied. We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

Pros

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented. The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time. With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems. User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system. Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted. We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

Cons

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing. However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users. For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

With Yodeck we can not only manage all the settings in the software much more flexibly, but also use our own hardware adapted to the respective situation. This enabled us to significantly reduce the costs per digital signage display used.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The other systems were much more difficult to maintain. The costs and maintenance effort, especially for the hardware required, were also significantly higher.

Andries

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The ultimate digital signage tool!

We are Yodeck for roster and student/staff information displays flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

Pros

- Value for money: tried different, much more expensive solutions, Yodeck beats 'em all! - Use any Raspberry Pi as a player, even 4K display resolutions (using Pi 4), free players for all screens when using annual subscription. - Very intuitive to set up and use. When ordering with player you can setup in advance, just connect the player to your screen and you are all set! Plug & Play! - Cloud based and central management from any device with internet connection.

Cons

No support for dutch language. No problem for me personally but some users would like this.

Christopher

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pros

Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Cons

I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Yodeck had the most features for the money

Response from Flipnode

Hello Christopher, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones. http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Replied November 2019

Austin

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Blair House Community Bulletin Board

At the age of 70 my age and IQ I was able to create a system that improves so many people's lives with a easy learning curve for free and still have the energy engagement page displayed.

Pros

I have a blog for the Blair House a seniors residence in Ottawa Ontario Canada and this Yodeck software has given me the ability to display in real time The bus schedule for our bus stops ( 4 in total ), plus the weather, Emergency warnings system, Our Community Events Calendar, Covid 19 status all edited from my home pc or cell phone. In Canada we are a bilingual country English and French so all the webpages have to be repeated in both languages. easy as can be. The building is an Ottawa Community Housing building with an energy engagement program that consists of a monitor in the lobby that informs tenants of how much energy is being used ( electricity and gas) and compares it with other similar buildings . Now the information is of some value to the tenants as they do not have to wait outside in the rain or cold to catch a bus. I was somewhat concerned about the new Raspberry Pi 4 that replaced the Pi 3 as to how much work it would be to upgrade it involved 8 letters and a hyphen WOW works fine! This is by far one of the best Raspberry projects that I have come across thumbs up.

Cons

In the Ottawa Community Housing building we have a large percentage of people that do not speak either of Our official languages and it would be nice to incorporate Google Translate into this platform. I would like to see a camera on the raspberry Pi that could scan a QR code that when displayed would translate to the appropriate language. It is very important to try to create a hands free environment in this time of Covid.

Richard

Digital signage for large secondary school

Support is excellent, always prompt and friendly.

Pros

All cloud based to simple to update and sync to players. We've replaced our entire digital signage screens with TVs running Yodecks behind them. We've also managed to create one incorporated with a free to air setup TV box so staff can enjoy TV whilst we overlay important messages. Around the school site we use them to display messages for students, live feeds from Twitter, the weather, time and news. Very powerful and very easy to use and manage.

Cons

Nothing. Every works well for us. Plenty of guides online helping if you get stuck too.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Trialed YoDeck and worked brilliantly for us.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Wanted the ability to use normal TV screens and update remotely.

Perfect Balance of Features/Reliability/Price for Digital Signage

Using it for a nationwide digital signage network. Content is web based. Very Happy with performance and pricing.

Pros

Best digital signage platform for displaying websites and HTML5 content. Raspberry Pi 4 expanded RAM options make a huge difference for complex visualizations!

Cons

A little technical to set up for the average user. Its worth the tradeoff for power in my opinion though.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Pricing, and support for web content.

A+ Cloud Based Signage !

I use Yodeck to control advertising on 70+ tvs aligned horizontally and vertically in several states and a multitude of cities. I have tried several other providers for cloud based signage and Yodeck is lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of ease of use, responsiveness, price and customer service. Switching from the competition was one of the best business decisions I've ever made and it has benefitted our team and company greatly.

Pros

Yodeck is amazingly powerful and surprisingly affordable. The web-based interface is very easy to learn, and very responsive. I love the ability to see which devices are located in different regions of the United States and the depth of the preferences/settings is, honestly, amazing.

Cons

I have not had one issue that wasn't resolved by customer service within 20 minutes, and I wish every establishment had half of the customer service as Yodeck does! It would be nice to have a standalone app in addition to a web-based option, but that is a personal preference and doesn't negatively impact what Yodeck does.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Price, Expandability, Customer Care, Interface.

Rich

Industry: Food Production

Perfect for our needs!

The best part about Yodeck is that I can get a message out to our employees in under five minutes. I can't imagine a better system for our needs.

Pros

We are a small manufacturing plant that needed a convenient way of passing messages along to all of our staff that work at all times of the day. I simply create slides in PowerPoint and quickly upload them to Yodeck. The software is extremely easy to use and fits our needs perfectly.

Cons

I have tried implementing some of the widgets and they don't always fit the screen, and sometimes don't work so it is hard to depend on them enough to use them.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Free monthly option for using only one screen. Hardware is a Raspberry Pi, which I have prior experience with.

There is no better value

Our digital signage used to be limited to a few screens in each office. Because of the east of use and value of Yodeck, we have distributed among many projects for multiple uses.

Pros

Ease of use (for admins and users), ease of deployment, feature set, and support. There really isn't any other category that Yodeck doesn't smash the competition on.

Cons

Player hardware options. The software is built around Debian/Raspbian, but it would be great to have a Windows option for flexibility or signage requiring more hardware horsepower.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Updating our old digital signage was a chore and required someone with decent technical knowledge. Cost restricted deployment.

Frank

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Fantastic Solution for Video Displays at our C-Store Chain

We have been quite happy with YoDeck. They have been quite responsive when we had questions, and were a huge help as we worked to set up our first store with 15 monitors and 15 Raspberry Pi units. We are overall very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The ease and speed of updating our content at will is the best part about YoDeck and our Raspberry Pi video units. I can update from almost anywhere...can even do most content updates from my phone.

Cons

We had sought a solution that would allow us to sync 10 - 15 monitors in our stores. Unfortunately the only way to get that right now is a system that is way out of our budget for the size stores that we have. YoDeck and Raspberry Pi video units were as close as we could get - though they don't sync up as of yet - they were well within our budget.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Quality of the product and price of the service & video units.

Industry: Restaurants

Fantastic and Inexpensive Digital SIgnage Solution for a small restaurant

Yodeck allowed us to cost-effectively test digital signage in our restaurant and has been a very positive addition to our branding and customer experience efforts. Even with their paid plan ($7.99/screen/month), we've found so many ways to utilize it that we consider it a very high ROI investment.

Pros

We wanted something very inexpensive to be able to change the slideshow on the TV in the dining area of our restaurant easily and remotely. Yodeck was amazingly simple to set up, even using your own Raspberry Pi, and the Free lifetime plan for one monitor obviously can't be beaten. We used just the free plan for about a year, but it is so convenient and easy to use remotely that we've gone to the paid plan to use a second screen as a digital menu. We've also designed our upcoming second location specifically to take advantage of 2-3 screens there as well.

Cons

You need to invest a bit of time initially to get used to how to upload media, create playlists and schedules, assign things to monitors, etc., but their documentation is clear and thorough. Overall, I'd describe Yodeck as complex, but straightforward.

Tom Erik

Industry: Government Relations

Great!

Yodeck solved our need to keep the team updated in a easy way. The municipality in which I work, has a hich cost, heavy and extremely low intuitive system for handling information onscreen. So when I discovered Yodeck, I was thrilled. It solved all of our needs, and the one lisence I needed, was free. I installed it on an old Raspberry PI, and it works like a charm. Now it work as a center for information in our office of about 30 employees. Except that I have to take a clean install of the system every 2-3 month, it works as a charm. So we are excited.

Pros

It's just GREAT! It solved all of our problems, for free.

Cons

I have yet to discover any cons... The only problem is that I have to take a clean install of my OLD Raspberry PI every 2-3 month. But I reccon this is the PIs fault, not the system.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

My job already has a lisence of this product, but it is really crap!!

Industry: Libraries

Yodeck - A Gold Standard for Digital Signage Solutions

For us here in public library land cost and reliability matter, and Yodeck makes it easy to remotely update my signage from home in minutes. I'm able to get my library director the results needed in real time.

Pros

The feature set is rich, reliability is amazing, and price point is incredible. As an IT professional I crave solutions that never let me down and that I never have to worry about. Yodeck delivers big time on these key needs!

Cons

At first it took a little getting used to that the "Playlist" is really what you are showing as opposed to a "slide show" as in other solutions but then you realize its actually better and more customizable so its really just a terminology difference.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Ease of use and price point. The one free instance of a monitor makes it easy to get started and then fully adopt.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Yodeck is purpose built for what I needed to achieve and did everything I wanted and then some.

Tom

Yodeck - Total digital media and content management solution

I needed a full featured cloud based digital media management solution which supported the ability to frequently and easily update my content. I also required a distribution system which employed the use of an affordable player device. After trying a number of competing vendor offerings, I found the Yodeck solution to be the best.

Pros

This "cloud based" application does "everything". From formatting and organizing your content to establishing the best layout for your messaging as well as providing an uncomplicated scheduling module for time sensitive content distribution. This "easy to use" yet feature rich application is the most comprehensive digital media solution on the market. In addition, it is absolutely "bullet proof". I have been using Yodeck 24/7 for the past 18 months and there has not been a single outage. The email support has been very responsive and the documentation easy to follow yet very comprehensive.

Cons

Although the email support is great, a "real time" support chat would be a plus.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Products lacked features that were part of Yodeck

Ben

Industry: Computer Networking

Solid product at a great price point

This has allowed us to display content for both employees and customers to learn more about a product or event. It is a huge benefit to be able to schedule in advanced to start a slide and then have it automatically disabled.

Pros

They made it extremely easy to setup and get access to templates or create your own content. Their support documentation is well written and easy to follow. I had issues when we had a power outage and the software crashed. They give you a few steps on putting the image on a usb and within 10 minutes we were up and running since the settings don't change.

Cons

The only con I feel is creating custom content can be difficult. I am biased since I use Adobe products, but I do wish there was a way to create tables easier and be able to use a template for every area. It seems to limit to where you can schedule the custom template slide but now add it right into the playlist.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

The sales team did a great job of explaining the software and being able to test it out on one device made it an easy choice.

Yodeck