Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The software is easy to navigate and customer service is great."
  • icon"Salesforce integration - I am looking forward to this new capability and expect it will be valuable for our organization."
  • icon"I mostly loved that I didn't have to put together a paper response and FedEx it the day before the due date, so it saved me money and time."
  • icon"Vendors that are no so computer savvy are intimidated by this. They usually get started and drop the process all together."
  • icon"Assigning roles and permissions. I was worried someone would see a section they weren't supposed to."
  • icon"The Knowledge Base feature was a little confusing. It almost seemed as if it was suggesting the answers I had already written."

Have you used RFP360 and would like to share your experience with others?

All RFP360 Reviews

Francesco

Easy to use, and effective - RFP360 is a must have

Consolidating all RFPS into the software is a delight and provides ease of accessibility to all current proposals. Additionally, the delegate task feature is incredible as with just a few clicks you can assign an answer to anybody on your team and they will handle it appropriately.

Pros

RFP360 is a very user friendly tool that allows you to consolidate, fill out, submit, and delegate tasks during the RFP process, which is usually something that is very time consuming and tedious. It shortens up the entire process from start to finish and I especially enjoy the fact that you can upload, pick and pull, copy and paste from past rfps into it. The entire userface is very easy to use and navigable, and delegating tasks to others is an absolute breeze. It features a sleek, modern design, is quite fast to use, and I really enjoy the fact that there is a client success team dedicated to helping you work through your program and teach you how to use everything. The initial working session with the RFP360 team was critical and I encouraged everybody who uses the platform to attend. RFP360 is a product that clearly had a lot of time put into it, and the results are outstanding. I really have never been one to look forward to the RFP process, but given how easy the software is to use, I definitely can say that I am now. Thank you!

Cons

A few downsides are learning how to properly upload your old RFPs, having to tag certain answers manually, and (I believe) requiring an internet connection to work on them. It would be nice to be able to fill out and prepare RFP's offline when internet is not available. Other than that, everything else is very up to par. There can be many questions involved in an RFP, so an automatic tracker or tagger tool can be useful.

Response from RFP360

Hi Francesco - thank you for such an incredibly thoughtful review. We appreciate the kind words and are so pleased that RFP360 has improved efficiency and streamlined the RFP process for your team. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, your customer success consultant would be happy to hear from you.

Vinh

Plus & Minus points

The knowledge is kept in the company,i.e. RFP360, not inside the head of someone. I am able to save 50% of my RFP time, from 20 to 30 days a year.

Pros

Knowledge management : It keeps the knowledge in the company. People come and go but the knowledge stays in RFP360

Cons

A part from the text, we can have the client Excel questions with a check list, for example Standard (Y, N), Configuration (Y,N), To be developped (Y,N). In many questions, you just have to check the list. We don't have the check list option with RFP360.

Reasons for choosing RFP360

The sales team chose it. It was a good choice.

Response from RFP360

Hello Vinh, thanks for taking the time to offer insight about your experience with RFP360. It's great to hear that RFP360 has saved you time and the Knowledge Library is streamlining your proposal process. We are continually working on enhancements and feedback like yours helps guide our efforts. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, your customer success consultant would be happy to hear from you.

Mary

Industry: Law Practice

Takes some getting used to, but I will get used to it

Meh. I expect it will get better over time. Its great to It does NOT need more "bells and whistles" -- please K.I.S.S.(Keep it simple,stupid) ! Too much more will ruin a potentially good thing. It needs to be easier to set up users, and easier to export the final submitted copy -- I can't rename or set the folder to save into, and everything exports with the exact same name. Ugh.

Pros

I mostly loved that I didn't have to put together a paper response and FedEx it the day before the due date, so it saved me money and time. I also liked the Dashboard feature letting me know what section was in which phase of work, especially when I thought I was done and ready to submit, but it made me go back and "finalize" two parts.

Cons

Very difficult to get set up to use it at the beginning; My coworkers never managed to get in to review the proposal online. This program is minimally intuitive. In several places, RFP365 required file uploads that were not required by the question. I had to get around this by copying my text answer and then opening Word, pasting to a new Word file, saving as a PDF, and uploading the PDF file. Saving the unnecessary document file then cleared out the Comments (aka "response") field, so luckily let me fill it again without retyping.

Response from UPG Solutions

Mary, while we're glad you enjoyed saving time and money, along with gaining efficiencies with our solution, we're sorry you didn't have a more positive experience. We're sorry you struggled with the setup and user interface. In the future, if you have any questions on how to use RFP365, please know that we'd love to help and are available online or via phone at 844.737.0365.

Replied August 2018

Steven

Industry: Medical Devices

Save us hours right away

The team has been great to help us get started quickly and is receptive to our needs. We were able to use the system for a proposal from under a month of implementation.

Pros

Having a platform that we can centralize our responses for future use and having accountability for all parties easily accessible.

Cons

While there are improvements all the time currently having to have a new project per document rather than having them all together is a limitation.

Reasons for choosing RFP360

Met our needs for the users we have in the budget we could afford.

Response from RFP360

Hi Steven, It's fantastic to hear that RFP360 has improved your team's efficiency and that implementation was speedy. We're always looking for new ways to make our customers' lives easier, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your customer success consultant, who would be thrilled to hear from you.

Good RFP Software and Side Benefit as Onboarding Tool

I used it to draft an RFP response within a month of joining the company. Having easy access to the answers and the ability to create the draft had the added benefit of helping me onboard quickly as well. The tool created a professional output and was very easy to use.

Pros

The platform allows you to easily load in your custom answers. From there, there is a intuitive search mechanism to complete the RFP. Templates are loaded in easily and transformed to the RFP360 format and back again for the final product.

Cons

Content management is key. Since the software creates a new entry each time a new answer is submitted, it is very easy to get duplicate answers in the system. Users should set up a process to maintain content regularly for most benefit.

Response from RFP360

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the time to offer insight about your experience with RFP360. We heard similar feedback from other users about challenges managing content and have since made improvements. Now you can edit Knowledge Library records within a proposal using our new inline editing feature. You can also turn the default "Save to Knowledge Library" setting off from your Account Settings. We are continually working on enhancements and feedback like yours helps guide our efforts. If you ever have any questions or additional feedback, your customer success consultant would be happy to hear from you.

Kelly

Other Chose RFP360 for me to use

Brokers asking for carrier proposals in the ancillary benefit space are using RFP360. We are a carrier that is 'forced' to use it if we want to respond to the RFP.

Pros

I am figuring out the Knowledge section, don't still know the purpose of tags. I've just completed two RFP responses to the same broker and my second effort went much faster than my first. Having all of the same questions and being able to save my answers has been a dream of mine for many, many years!

Cons

Since I was never trained on it's use, I'm just very unfamiliar with all the features. I'm concerned that I'm not completing the RFP as intended. But, hopefully will know soon, if that is the case!

Jacqui

May 2022

Infrequent user with basic feedback

Pros

I like how easy it is to see what parts are missing.

Cons

When responding to an RFP for multiple services that allows vendors to only bid on certain sections, it would be much more user friendly if there was an option to select "not applicable" or "not bidding on this product" for those sections instead of being required to type "n/a" in each question. I just submitted a response to an RFP and had to do that step 101 times as I was only bidding on one of 16 products included in the RFP.

Greta

Great software for collaborating on RFPs

Pros

Great collaboration features, constant feature improvements, easy workflows

Cons

Does not work as well on Safari browser; would be great to get improved ways to optimize the Knowledgebase

Response from RFP360

Hi Greta, it's fantastic to hear that RFP360 has improved your team's collaboration. We're always looking for new ways to make our customers' lives easier, so if you have more feedback on the Knowledge Library, please don't hesitate to reach out to your customer success consultant, who would be thrilled to hear from you.

Amy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

June 2022

User Review

Pros

It's very easy to see the status and progress when working on multiple RFPs simultaneously.

Cons

In addition to having the attachments provided in each section, it would be helpful to have a feature that provides all the attachments in a group as well.

Ricardas

Enablement of Collaborative approach in fast pace environment

RFP 360 enables us in connecting more than 300 stakeholders at any given time, segragating them into groups of knowledege and expertise. With that being said we succesfully and profesionally process over 13 000 Questions every year with relative ease by providing our organisation with profesional solutions - RFP 360 plays a critical part in that solution.

Pros

As a manager of Request for Proposal and Global Advertiser Sales Support I introduce RFP 360 as easy to use questionnaire management software. Ease of use and how quickly we can onboard new users / experts on fast pased projects for collaboration is the most valued charasteristic of RFP 360. Personally I believe this is the strong point of RFP 360 when compared to industry alternatives and anyone working on “hot” due projects in their daily operations should definitelly consider this solution.

Cons

I would say lack of “open in new tab” and when activating a new question / re-assigning workflows - the page refreshes and caches is the most noticable “work-stoppers”. The described are not a “killer combo”, but does create certain delays when in “a hurry”

Reasons for choosing RFP360

Ease of use / Flexible agreement driven mentality / good ROIS when compared to other solutions / excellent, professional, partnership driven customer support and account management.

Response from RFP360

Hi Ricardas, thank you for taking the time to talk about your experience with RFP360. We are excited to hear about your success and efficiencies! Your suggestions for improvement have also been passed along to the product teamthey're contiually working on enhancements based on feedback like yours to help guide their efforts.

Replied May 2021

Anthony

Loads of functionality, very easy to use. Streamlines the RFP process

Streamlined RFP response process, de-duplication of efforts, increased collaboration across teams / departments, and overall greater efficiency in winning new business.

Pros

The ability to export your finished RFP Product into a nice clean final file. Using the software made responding to RFPs 100 times easier than without it. RFP 365 completely streamlined or RFP response process.

Cons

The lack of flexibility from a development standpoint, and the long lead times any new enhancements require.

Response from UPG Solutions

Hi Anthony! Wow, thank you so much for the great feedback. We're so happy it's made responding 100x easier! That's our daily goal. While it's difficult to create all the numerous feature requests we get from all our clients, we want you to know we really do track and prioritize them all on a weekly basis. Please keep giving us your great ideas. We'll follow up with you soon and give you a status update. Thanks again!

Replied September 2017

Gregg

Clean user friendly interface. Good functionality. Responsive customer service.

Pros

Ease of use; Good functionality. Clean user friendly interface; responsive customer service, willing to make changes to improve platform; Import function is good

Cons

Search function could be a little better; That's really about my only suggestion as RFP365 is a robust product at a fair price.

Response from UPG Solutions

Thank you for your 5-star review and helpful feedback! We're always on the look out for advice on updating our solution, so a member of our Client Success team will be in touch to discuss your ideas to optimize our search function shortly. Thanks again!

Replied July 2018

Jason

A Game Changer for Our Organization

Overall we have had an extremely positive experience, starting with the sales process, through the onboarding phase and now as regular users. The RFP360 staff is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and dedicated to what they do (and they are fun to work with)

Pros

The main benefits are the ability to maintain a central knowledge library and assign ownership and review cadences for content owners, the proposal automation feature that gets us set down the right path, the options for easily uploading and formatting request and the visibility we have gained into the entire response process.

Cons

The proposal automation feature may cast the net a bit wider on some questions than we would like, but having it available is way better than not.

Reasons for choosing RFP360

Response from RFP360

Hi Jason, it's wonderful to hear that RFP360 has streamlined the RFP process for your team and we love that you've had such a great customer experience so far. We're always looking for new ways to make our customers' lives easier, so if you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your customer success consultant, who would be thrilled to hear from you.

Ann

It was easy to work through the RFP

Pros

The questions were clearly separated in the left navigation. We also liked the dashboard- it was great to see at a glance the status of the RFP. We also liked how you could easily change answers and in approve items,

Cons

Not all of the items allowed for attachments and we could not format our answers with the tool. The export into word did not format properly.

Response from UPG Solutions

Hi Ann, Thanks for the great feedback. We're so glad you found it easy and that you liked the dashboard! We've just added in new functionality for those writing the RFPs so they can edit them on the fly to correct issues like you reported -- not being provided a way to put in an attachment. Going forward this should solve the problem for recipients like yourself. If you notify the RFP Point of Contact about such an issue, they can get in and correct it seamlessly. Also, the authors of the RFPs control when attachments are allowed. So sometimes they don¿t want attachments and sometimes they allow them. The export into Word is for your records, as the official submission is online. Thanks again for taking the time to review!

Replied September 2017

I find this very easy to use

Pros

Easy to use; easy to see your progress; easy to assign and reassign roles

Cons

With a due diligence or database for Empower where we have 5 market segments, it would be nice if we could enter all data into a general Empower questionnaire, then have separate questionnaires where we could enter only the information that differs. The way this website is set up, it looks like it can do that but it does not work.

Response from UPG Solutions

That's great feedback, thank you Sarah! We've been hearing that across your industry so it's definitely something we're going to look into as we plan our roadmap. Appreciate your response!

Replied May 2017

Too Many emails

I use it all the time and it has made responding to RFPs faster, easier, more efficient and with better overall quality.

Pros

The knowledgebase is easy to use and visually it is easy to see what remains to be done.

Cons

Too many emails. Emails for every question inste4ad of one email for each user.

Response from RFP360

Hello Paul, thank you for taking the time to offer insight about your experience with RFP360. We are continually working on enhancements and feedback like yours helps guide our efforts. There's an account setting that will turn off the extra emails -- please reach out to your Customer Success Consultant for assistance.

Thomas

User review

quick and easy to learn and use

Pros

Easy navigation and tools to guide through RFP.

Cons

we did not find anything that was a negative impact

Response from RFP360

Hi Thomas, thanks for taking a moment to review RFP360. We love hearing that the tool has been easy to use. If you ever have questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your customer success consultant who would be thrilled to hear from you!

Replied June 2021