All Responsive (formerly RFPIO) Reviews

Anthony

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

The Most Flexible RFP Tool Available

As one of RFPIO's early customers, I can honestly say that our experience has been nothing but absolutely amazing. We've been able to calculate massive returns on investment in using their software, and I've enjoyed working with their team so much. RFPIO didn't just introduce me to a proposal tool, they introduced me to the proposal community.

PROS

RFPIO has the best document import in the business. It's flexible enough to handle almost any format of document, but still offers plenty of time-saving shortcuts. The export functionality is also very good--it almost always results in a clean, tidy document. I also love the flexibility of the Answer Library. Features like merge tags, intelligent tagging, custom fields, collections and categories mean that the Library is more than capable of handling just about any business case you can throw at it.

CONS

My computer tends to have some latency issues when trying to work with large projects, and everything takes maybe just one more click than I'd like, but I also think that the payoff there is an interface which really does not need to much explanation for end-users.

Thank you, thank you, Anthony! We've learned a lot from working with you, and are so pleased to hear that you are finding community in your work with us and other proposal professionals. We're always looking for ways to make the user experience better, so we appreciate your feedback in that area too. Looking forward to measuring even more efficiencies in the RFP response process with MasterControl!

Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Incredible software - changed the way I work on proposals.

Fantastic. I've worked in the proposal industry for 8 years, however I've only been with Tenable - and worked with RFPIO - for a year. When my boss introduced me to RFPIO, I almost cried thinking about all the time I wasted with other proposal management tools in the past. RFPIO is the best - whenever I'm on a call with my sales engineers introducing them to the software, I make sure to tell them that this is bar none the best proposal management tool I've ever used. Really - phenomenal job! I'm highly satisfied.

PROS

Generally speaking, everything about this software is incredible. My absolute favorite feature of RFPIO is the Answer Library, specifically the Recommendations toolbar, and how accurate it is. I'd previously worked with Microsoft Sharepoint, which offered no such functionality, and working on proposals was way more tedious and time consuming than necessary. RFPIO fixes that.

CONS

Sometimes RFPIO has a hard time formatting certain files - which is understandable, seeing as different clients present different RFP formats. My two biggest issues are that certain tables, especially in Word format, have to be formatted in "Table Properties," rather than simply being able to click on a cell and making it a Question, Subquestion, etc. Secondly, I'm often presented with situations where the client's designated answer space is in the same column as the question, just a row down. I don't believe RFPIO can recognize this yet.

Thank you, John! Sounds like RFPIO has made a big impact on how you manage RFPs, and we are so happy to hear that. Your high marks mean a lot to us. Thanks again!

Nelson

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Not that useful

Not good. Very frustrating using this product. I wish we used another tool.

PROS

The progress tracking is nice and the ability to tag people for help on questions is useful.

CONS

The search is terrible. It constantly misidentifies what I'm searching for and shows completely unrelated results. Searching for answers is our main use case for this tool and it fails pretty miserably. I waste a lot of time in Responsive looking for things that should be straightforward. Its always a crapshoot importing documents, a lot of time it messes up identifying the right questions and answers and i've lost track of how many times the answers get exported to the wrong cell.

Mike

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Responsive Helps Get More Responses Done Better and Faster

Scalable solution that is our central repository for responses and providing product management allows a small team to response to a lot of customer requests quickly and correctly.

PROS

Having a central store for questions that we've been asked in the past and what our answers for those questions are is very important. We get a lot of RFPs/RFIs and Security Questionnaires around our company and solutions and it is a crowdsourced effort across various teams within our company. Giving everyone access to these past responses and the ability to flag what they apply to and when they need to be refreshed is very key for us to response to customer requests quickly and with a high degree of accuracy and completeness.

CONS

We've been using the solution for awhile and we have a lot of data inside. Some needs to be reworded or updated to remain relevant. We plan on using the A.I. capabilities to help with this updating.

Collette

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Game changing for the RFP team

As stated in the title, RFPIO has really changed how we manage the RFP process. It has allowed us to bring all of our SMEs into the system and saved us from countless versioning, passing Word docs around, copying and pasting updates into a master, etc. Our team can communicate and collaborate with ease. It is tremendously cost-effective in that it frees our technical folks and others to spend more time on their core jobs and less time digging for RFP answers.

PROS

The ease of collaboration across the company and the ability to manage the RFP process in a far more streamlined fashion than previously. RFPIO allows the user to search for just the right content with ease. RFPIO has truly changed the way we do business -- for the better.

CONS

Nothing, really. Whenever I have had an issue (all minor) with how the software works (for instance, a notification I wanted to turn off), the RFPIO team helped me with a workaround. It really works extremely well for us.

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Collette! We love hearing that your teams are collaborating better and your RFP process has gotten stronger. Cheers to our continued partnership with you and the Yes Marketing team!

Ben

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Game Changer

PROS

As our team's content manager, RFPio has made my job significantly easier. The moderation queue has given me oversight over the content being produced by our team, and makes it much easier for me to maintain our content library. And the library interface search makes finding content a much better experience than our previous content management tool. By switching to RFPio, we feel like our proposal team's content library is in the best shape it's ever been, with up to date content, tighter control, and better metrics and oversight. Further, by using RFPio projects, we're getting better data around how long our projects take, the manpower required, and our overall workload.

CONS

Elements of the RFPio projects interface are difficult to understand. There are too many places where a click opens up a menu of buried options. Having these consolidated into one place would make the UI much easier to navigate.

Thank you, Ben! Glad to hear that you're tightening up your processes and your content. We know how good that feels! Appreciate the high marks and will pass along your feedback to the team.

Barrett

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Game Changer

PROS

RFPIO has changed the way we do RFPs. Instead of subject matter expects dragging their feet and complaining about yet another RFP, they are excited to help out. This is due to the great answer library, recommendation engine, and great interface. Not to mention that they have a great customer success team which always lends a friendly hand when need be.

CONS

The software is only as good as the data you put into it. If you don't take care of the library, the system won't be nearly as good.

Thank you for the review, Barrett! And great advice on the importance of quality in the answer library content. Glad the team has been helpful and it's been a game changer for your RFP processes. It's been great working with you and we look forward to a continued partnership with Exari!

Replied November 2018

Laura

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

RFPIO Rocks!

RFPIO has always been responsive to our questions and we especially like the Webinars. Great experience overall - would like to see the Help options able to go full screen - some of the screen shots are hard to read.

PROS

Our favorite part of RFPIO is the intelligent Answer Library that makes it easy to find content from past projects. The multiple search options available get you to what you want quickly.

CONS

No fault of RFPIO, but we are unable to use all the features as our bids are often on tight deadlines and go down to the last minute with edits, etc. It's tough to wait for all answers to be complete before starting formatting, so we often don't do writing assignments, just use the answer library and put directly into our formatted bid.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review, Laura! You rock!

Lauren

Human Resources, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

RFPIO is by far the best RFP software I have ever worked with in my 15+ years of proposal management

RFPIO's team is so cooperative, and responsive! Their goal is truly to be a partner to us in our RFP efforts.

PROS

RFPIO is flexible and powerful and saves us time. It allows us to fully manage our library of responses, as well as attachments and projects, with easy visibility into what is going on. Even better it allows multiple divisions of our company to manage everything in one system!

CONS

There is nothing we don't like about RFPIO.

Thank you, Lauren! You always have positive words for us, and we can't tell you how much we appreciate it, but we hope we can continue to show you. Cheers to you!

501-1,000 employees

RFPio streamlined our process

PROS

This tool has saved us so much time and frustration through our formal RFP process. As a sales operations leader one of my favorite features is the dashboard to see the progress, status and potential bottlenecks with authors or reviewers. It also helps me see where I may need to spread out the work rather than load up a single person.

CONS

The review cycle took a little bit to get used to and took some onsite training. We are still figuring out how to best utilize this part. Also, the reminder emails are really helpful for the most part but do start to be too much in volume at some point and not always relevant to the audience.

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback! Glad to hear that the dashboards are giving you the visibility you need to keep your eye on project progress. We will make sure to bring your feedback to the team. Thanks again!

Amanda

Translation and Localization, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

RFPIO Review 2022

Overall, we have enjoyed using RFPIO and benefited from the system.

PROS

RFPIO provides the workflow automation and a centralized area for customer facing knowledge as expected. The system really has made managing content and bids much more streamlined.

CONS

There are some usability issues (i.e. deleting documents that were previously linked to a Q&A pair, inconstancies with the new and legacy UI functionality, ability to delete comments in the Q&A library, none ideal visibility and filtering for users, etc.). While the system support team is responsive to bug logs, it can take a long time (months) for resolutions or fixes to issues and there is no real proactive communication from our account team.

Reason for choosing Responsive (formerly RFPIO)

The functionality looked to be more robust and have all of the necessary functionality for our needs at the time and moving forward.

Jeffrey

Writing and Editing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Intuitive, affordable platform

Overall, RFPIO is a great product. I'm always impressed when I upload a complex source file and the software is able to identify the sections, questions and subquestions. However, I'd love for them to make the question assignment process simpler - I'd like to be able to assign specific questions to someone and still give them visibility on the entire project. Additionally, the multiple team member symbol doesn't indicate which specific members are needed on a specific question. My team members are often confused with the platform, no matter how simple I try to make it for them.

PROS

Answer library, smart file upload functionality

CONS

Assigning questions to different authors is not very clear cut. I find that I need to assign all questions to all team members involved on a response so that they have visibility on the entire project. Otherwise, they can only see the specific questions that are assigned to them.

Thank you for the thoughtful review, Jeffrey. Your feedback on the assignment functionality is really helpful! We'll make sure to share with the product team.

Dominique

Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Well articulated Response Management solution with intuitive features. Over time, it saves time .

Good tool ! Need however internal attention to manage & moderate the content.

PROS

Ease of Use, continuous improvement pushed in CI/CD from the cloud.

CONS

a) PowerPoint better integrated in the solution to also compose slide decks presentation for RFI responses, or business development pro active proposal. It however then first need a function that can search per slide into presentations of the repository. b) an ability to moderate the answers of completed RFP in the same sequence as they appear into the RFP... for now all the Q&A of an RFP are mixed, which makes the moderator nervous in changing its focus on a series of related Q&A instead of getting them in the logical order

Reason for choosing Responsive (formerly RFPIO)

licensing model (not per user), and being able to trial it with a couple of actual RFx before purchasing, and staff friendliness.

Ryan

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2016

Excellent cloud solution for managing RFPs/RFIs.

We came over from RFP365, while that was a decent solution, RFPIO turned out to have some more compelling features. What helped us unlock those features were great training sessions to really experience the product. We also had some real specific requirements and they enabled them for the very next day! Just fantastic customer experience.

PROS

Looks very attractive. Organized well by projects. Import features are best in class. No more needing to import from a template, we can import right from a spreadsheet the customer gave us!

CONS

What we like least the right-hand side panel, we wanted more selections from a list. As well as an Apply button so not to have to copy-and-paste. When we met with them and described this feature, they enabled it the very next day. Just such great customer service.

Thanks for the review, Ryan! We're so glad you are having a great experience with RFPIO. Looking forward to our continued work together!

Replied September 2016

Keith

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed August 2017

RFPIO = Innovative RFP/RFI Pain Relief

PROS

What has separated RFPIO from other offerings was their ability to support large enterprise software RFPs, which require coordination and input from many across our organization. Our users love the easy import and export, ability to assign owners and manage the project through actionable analytics, qualify deals through capability analysis, and quickly access prior RFP responses validated by SMEs. Response accuracy is critical to us, and RFPIO's Answer Library makes SME approval and maintenance of prior responses very easy. Multi-language support is also helpful for adoption in our globally distributed organization. I can't think of an area I like "least" about RFPIO. The solution is very robust, but also evolving very fast. Any feedback we've had on potential improvements have been implemented very quickly. The RFPIO support and development is excellent. If I had a least favorite item to call out, I imagine my review would quickly become outdated.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Keith. We are so excited you and your team at QAD are seeing success with RFPIO.

Replied August 2017

Darrel

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

RFPIO = TIME SAVINGS

Every interaction I have had to date has been quick, and efficient. They bend over backwards to accomodate schedules and are patient with newbies of their tool.

PROS

The collaboration and workflow is outstanding. The Customer Services is TOP NOTCH.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like about this tool. Sure there are some features that can be added just like any software solution but overall I think this tool is top notch.

Thank you, Darrel! We think you are top notch too! It's always great to hear that you're seeing improvements in collaboration and workflow with RFPIO. And saving time! Thanks again.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

RFP Content Game Changer

I'm so pleased with the service and support I've received. A great experience.

PROS

The best feature for me is the search functionality and the filters. This product has made such a difference in my overall productivity and organization. I couldn't be happier!

CONS

I can't say that I have a con. I continue to learn new things about the platform each time I use it. As I increase my expertise, I expect my satisfaction to increase as well!

Thank you for such a positive review, Jennifer! We appreciate that you're impressed with the functionality of our software, and the level of service you've been receiving. We strive to provide value from all sides, so it's reaffirming to hear your feedback. Cheers to you!

Grant