• icon"Ease of use and searching capabilities - it is just intuitive and straight forward."
  • icon"I like that the update team is responsive to requests from users, and that it is continually being improved. The system is easy to use, and integrates into MSFT and SalesForce products easily."
  • icon"How in depth and detailed it is, it goes above and beyond the surface level expectations and deep dives into a complex and helpful arena of guidance."
  • icon"Still figuring out the integration into our template, but that's just lack of time on my part, rather than a flaw in the software itself."
  • icon"Not sure if how back end works when customer sends a spreadsheet. I suspect the admins have some more work to do to make it easier for me."
  • icon"My SMEs are resistant to it -- they complain that working within the system is more work than working in the Word doc."

All RFPIO Reviews

Brian

Affordable, comprehensive platform with superior admin / user support

Hundreds of hours saved in responding to questionnaires and RFPs. RFPIO offers very competitive cost savings over most of the larger RFP software providers. The same functionality at a fraction of the cost of the big guys. Customer support is top notch - all questions or requests for help are addressed within the same day (or within 24 hours at most). Great, direct support from the management team - no call centers, no outsourced product support. You get assistance from people who helped build the product.

Pros

RFPIO's answer library is a miracle with great features. The library provides a way to assign different owners and keep individual Q&A pairs updated in real. Access to our stock answers saves our users and SMEs hundreds of hours each quarter and affords them more time to devote to their primary job functions while spending less time on researching technical responses.

Cons

RFPIO is great for small to moderate sized teams. For larger organizations who complete 20 or more RFPs per month with multiple RFP teams working at the same time, multiple, parallel instances of RFPIO may be needed to best suit those needs on a grand scale.

Reasons for choosing RFPIO

Ease of use, simplicity of platform relevant to our team's needs...and COST!!

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Brian! Hundreds of hours saved...time we're sure well spent! We appreciate your kind words, especially about our support team. We try to have our experts be accessible whenever possible. Thanks again for the high marks and thoughtful review!

Elizabeth

Easy to Use!

Overall, the process has been great. We had to do a quick migration to RFPIO so we would not be locked into a contract with our previous vendor. THey worked with us and helped us get the training we needed as fast as possible to have an MVP.

Pros

RFPIO has helped streamline the RFP process in our organization. We are able to include more SMEs in the RFP process with little to no training. The previous software we used, was very hard to figure out and manage, which resulted in necessary people not wanting to engage with the tool because it was too complicated. RFPIO changed all of this for us and has made it easy for our teams to collaborate.

Cons

We had some issues integrating with Salesforce, and the reporting aspect is still not what we want it to be. We have custom roles, and because we only use SSO we cannot 'impersonate' other roles for training and development purposes.

Reasons for switching to RFPIO

The product was not user-friendly and lacked many features. The final issue that led to the switch was having a production issue for over 4 months that kept us from being able to complete RFPs and resulted in a lot of re-work. Even after multiple escalations to their development, they could not solve their own issue. Our contract was up for renewal so we made the decision to switch.

Michelle

September 2022

Great for a range of proposals

The only benefit I have realized this far is the overview and status of the project. Everything else makes my job harder.

Pros

Being able to view an Overview of a project is impactful for proposal managers, showing the completion status, flags etc.

Cons

For large projects, RFPIO is not ideal. Too much clicking to get to sets of questions. Not enough formatting options for ingestion, for example, we receive a lot of RFPs with varying types of checkboxes, RFPIO cannot accommodate this. Its too cumbersome for large RFPs for the proposal manager. For the responders, I believe its more helpful.

Lesley

First Year user Review

it's been great, the support and knowledge base have been exceptional.

Pros

The ability to upload our customer templates and answer on the fly, and then download the completed template. Very intuitive to find responses to questions in the library. Auto tagging Questions & Answers in templates.

Cons

There were a few bumps in the new version and a bit of a learning curve but overall a very good software for our needs.

Reasons for choosing RFPIO

Loopio wasn't ready to integrate into some of the software we use regularly.

Reasons for switching to RFPIO

The ability to integrate into Microsoft Teams, the ease of responding and importing our own templates.

Beautiful UI, incredibly intuitive

The RFPIO team has been incredibly patient, friendly, and responsive. The level of user support is fantastic.

Pros

The UI on RFPIO is so sleek and elegant, but more importantly, it's incredibly intuitive. Our goal for purchasing this product is to find something that will scale for us as we expand into different verticals, but also that will be easy for non-writer teammates to pick up. I have no doubt that RFPIO is the perfect choice to grow with us.

Cons

Nothing, really. Still figuring out the integration into our template, but that's just lack of time on my part, rather than a flaw in the software itself.

Reasons for choosing RFPIO

I actually went into the evaluation process as a formality, ready to commit to Qvidian, which I knew from other jobs. I was not prepared to be so wowed by RFPIO, its ease of use, and how simple it was to implement into our operations. My mind was completely changed!

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Jennifer! Glad to hear that you enjoy the interface and the intuitiveness of the platform. Sleek and elegant; we couldn't have put it better ourselves!

Justin

RFPIO makes creating a knowledge base easy

RFPIO has saved our team and our resources a great deal of time. The more that we have used the tool - the more work we have pre-empted for our SMEs who used to answer any requirements matrices in their entirety.

Pros

The Answer Library is by far the most useful feature for our team. Automatically capturing these responses, and manually tagging them with metadata makes search and retrieval easy - and also narrows results in suggested answers significantly making it easy to find what you are looking for (as long as it was capture in a previous project).

Cons

We have no really managed to use this as an end-to-end solution yet. It is designed to use that way, but many of our Styles were incompatible with system fonts when we began using the product.

Reasons for choosing RFPIO

The features and pricing more closely aligned with our needs.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Justin! Glad to hear the Answer Library is working so well for you. We are always adding fonts and updating the application to accommodate style guides, so you may want to check for updates or reach out to us with recommendations!

Anthony

The Most Flexible RFP Tool Available

As one of RFPIO's early customers, I can honestly say that our experience has been nothing but absolutely amazing. We've been able to calculate massive returns on investment in using their software, and I've enjoyed working with their team so much. RFPIO didn't just introduce me to a proposal tool, they introduced me to the proposal community.

Pros

RFPIO has the best document import in the business. It's flexible enough to handle almost any format of document, but still offers plenty of time-saving shortcuts. The export functionality is also very good--it almost always results in a clean, tidy document. I also love the flexibility of the Answer Library. Features like merge tags, intelligent tagging, custom fields, collections and categories mean that the Library is more than capable of handling just about any business case you can throw at it.

Cons

My computer tends to have some latency issues when trying to work with large projects, and everything takes maybe just one more click than I'd like, but I also think that the payoff there is an interface which really does not need to much explanation for end-users.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, thank you, Anthony! We've learned a lot from working with you, and are so pleased to hear that you are finding community in your work with us and other proposal professionals. We're always looking for ways to make the user experience better, so we appreciate your feedback in that area too. Looking forward to measuring even more efficiencies in the RFP response process with MasterControl!

Replied December 2018

Collette

Game changing for the RFP team

As stated in the title, RFPIO has really changed how we manage the RFP process. It has allowed us to bring all of our SMEs into the system and saved us from countless versioning, passing Word docs around, copying and pasting updates into a master, etc. Our team can communicate and collaborate with ease. It is tremendously cost-effective in that it frees our technical folks and others to spend more time on their core jobs and less time digging for RFP answers.

Pros

The ease of collaboration across the company and the ability to manage the RFP process in a far more streamlined fashion than previously. RFPIO allows the user to search for just the right content with ease. RFPIO has truly changed the way we do business -- for the better.

Cons

Nothing, really. Whenever I have had an issue (all minor) with how the software works (for instance, a notification I wanted to turn off), the RFPIO team helped me with a workaround. It really works extremely well for us.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Collette! We love hearing that your teams are collaborating better and your RFP process has gotten stronger. Cheers to our continued partnership with you and the Yes Marketing team!

Replied December 2018

Rachel

RFPIO review

RFP Management and Knowledge content

Pros

The functionality and ease of use. It is easy for us to assign it to some other people that we need in collaboration with the project

Cons

None so far, we are still currently exploring some other functionalities and integrations but so far we dont have any issues with it

RFP360 has been superseded by RFPIO

Barrett

Game Changer

Pros

RFPIO has changed the way we do RFPs. Instead of subject matter expects dragging their feet and complaining about yet another RFP, they are excited to help out. This is due to the great answer library, recommendation engine, and great interface. Not to mention that they have a great customer success team which always lends a friendly hand when need be.

Cons

The software is only as good as the data you put into it. If you don't take care of the library, the system won't be nearly as good.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you for the review, Barrett! And great advice on the importance of quality in the answer library content. Glad the team has been helpful and it's been a game changer for your RFP processes. It's been great working with you and we look forward to a continued partnership with Exari!

Replied November 2018

Incredible software - changed the way I work on proposals.

Fantastic. I've worked in the proposal industry for 8 years, however I've only been with Tenable - and worked with RFPIO - for a year. When my boss introduced me to RFPIO, I almost cried thinking about all the time I wasted with other proposal management tools in the past. RFPIO is the best - whenever I'm on a call with my sales engineers introducing them to the software, I make sure to tell them that this is bar none the best proposal management tool I've ever used. Really - phenomenal job! I'm highly satisfied.

Pros

Generally speaking, everything about this software is incredible. My absolute favorite feature of RFPIO is the Answer Library, specifically the Recommendations toolbar, and how accurate it is. I'd previously worked with Microsoft Sharepoint, which offered no such functionality, and working on proposals was way more tedious and time consuming than necessary. RFPIO fixes that.

Cons

Sometimes RFPIO has a hard time formatting certain files - which is understandable, seeing as different clients present different RFP formats. My two biggest issues are that certain tables, especially in Word format, have to be formatted in "Table Properties," rather than simply being able to click on a cell and making it a Question, Subquestion, etc. Secondly, I'm often presented with situations where the client's designated answer space is in the same column as the question, just a row down. I don't believe RFPIO can recognize this yet.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, John! Sounds like RFPIO has made a big impact on how you manage RFPs, and we are so happy to hear that. Your high marks mean a lot to us. Thanks again!

Iris

"I Love RFPIO" - The Words That Come Out of My Mouth Everyday

My experience has been nothing but positive! So easy to use and when it is not easy, the support team at RFPIO makes it easy for me.

Pros

I do not even know where to begin! RFPIO has changed the way I do proposals forever, and I cannot imagine being without it. It gives me the time to not just meet the RFP requirements, but to actually be able to customize and tailor my responses, something I did not always have the luxury of time to do. It allows me to complete more RFPs than ever before. I cannot even begin to list everything I love about RFPIO, but one thing that stands out is the collaboration aspect and being able to do a first run of answering questions based on what I have in my library, and then being able to assign questions out and follow their activity, It allows me to meet deadlines with a high quality response time and time again. And saves me time!

Cons

I am going to say NOTHING, because anytime I have had an issue or a desire for a new function, the RFPIO team is so responsive and has helped me through or even added a new feature. The one thing I wish it had, and I believe is in development, is a way to check when a draft of an answer is complete, but not marked as answered yet.

Response from RFPIO

Iris, you've been such a great cheerleader for us and we appreciate your kind words very much! We often hear that people save time by using RFPIO, but it's great to hear how you're maximizing that time by turning up the notch on your RFP quality. Thank you for being a wonderful customer!

Priscilla

Not Weighed Down by Old Technology

I love it. As the person administering the proposal process, this is an easy tool for updating content and quickly accessing answers.

Pros

RFPIO is easy to use, frequently updated, and always evolving and improving. It is NOT an older product with a facelift - it's an entirely new way of doing things. If you're looking for a change - and you're open to doing things differently - the efficiencies are yours to gain. Updating content is very simple, and the UI is extremely intuitive.

Cons

My SMEs are resistant to it -- they complain that working within the system is more work than working in the Word doc. I think it's a comfort issue, and there's no simple, straight-forward user training I can point them to. I wish they had training modules. Like, I am a SME - I am assigned this training module to teach me all of the skills I will need.

Reasons for choosing RFPIO

User interface, ease of use, engaging team.

Response from RFPIO

Thank you, Priscilla! We appreciate the compliments on our technology and we're glad that it's making your job easier. When it comes to SMEs adopting the platform, you might check the RFPIO Help Center for some training tools, or reach out to your account manager. Thanks again!

Kyle

A great solution

I have always had a very positive experience working with the team.

Pros

I think that RFPio does a phenomenal job of allowing us to import our RFPs and to keep an up-to-date library of our most common answers. It's a great way to centralize our processes.

Cons

I think the import tool and the options for declaring entries (description, section, question, sub question, etc) can be a bit confusing. That said, I didn't go through an official training on the system, and inherited it from someone who inherited it. I think the concern is more with my organization, but I do think there are improvements that can be made to the import area in particular. Especially, for example, if there is a table built within a larger PDF document.

Response from RFPIO

Thanks so much, Kyle! We have training materials available within the RFPIO Help Center that could help with some of the areas of confusion. Hope that's helpful. Thanks again. We appreciate the high marks and thoughtful comments!

Amanda

Industry: Translation and Localization

RFPIO Review 2022

Overall, we have enjoyed using RFPIO and benefited from the system.

Pros

RFPIO provides the workflow automation and a centralized area for customer facing knowledge as expected. The system really has made managing content and bids much more streamlined.

Cons

There are some usability issues (i.e. deleting documents that were previously linked to a Q&A pair, inconstancies with the new and legacy UI functionality, ability to delete comments in the Q&A library, none ideal visibility and filtering for users, etc.). While the system support team is responsive to bug logs, it can take a long time (months) for resolutions or fixes to issues and there is no real proactive communication from our account team.

Reasons for choosing RFPIO

The functionality looked to be more robust and have all of the necessary functionality for our needs at the time and moving forward.

Mattie