Onspring Software Reviews

Onspring Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

Find out more:

• icon"If you can read, you can use Onspring. I love the ability to continue leveraging the data we have in the system to create new time-saving solutions for little to no capital outlay."
  • icon"End-user adoption has been high and all users find the solution intuitive and easy to use with very little training."
  • icon"Original functionality is straightforward to design. Security controls (including retention) is perfect."
  • icon"At times some features seem to lack maturity in terms of what enhancements I expect to see, but these enhancements often come in later releases."
  • icon"The interface for reports development can be a bit challenging at times. If you have a lot of fields in your apps, searching for them when building/filtering a report can be a struggle."
  • icon"Because Onspring can be rolled out initially as a blank slate, it was hard for me to wrap my head around what I was buying."

Browse all Onspring Reviews

• Have you used Onspring and would like to share your experience with others?

Michelle

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great tool and easy to use

OnSpring has allowed us to manage projects, contracts, and vendors in a whole new way. No longer are items stored in multiple areas, they are all right in here in one easy to use tool. The team at OnSpring is extremely helpful and the best group of people to work with. They are extremely flexible and understood our needs from the start. I cannot say enough about this company overall.

Pros

OnSpring is honestly THE easiest software to use. Right from the start the layout is appealing and not overwhelming at all. Without any formal training, a user can quickly figure out how to use it and be up and working in no time.

Cons

At this point, I cannot think of a downside to the software. Everything we have needed OnSpring to do, it does!

Response from Onspring

Thank you for providing such a great review of Onspring! We are glad to hear the software platform has been so beneficial for your organization. And, we're just as delighted to hear about your positive experience with our team. We appreciate your partnership with us and always, your feedback.

Replied March 2021

November 2022

Excellent GRC solution - Highly recommend!

Onspring is making our risk much easier to define and report. We previously had so many disparate processes and functions that it was difficult to report risk accurately.

Pros

- Consistent improvement with new updates and releases- Everyone at Onspring is great work with- Ease of use- Out of box features

Cons

- When delegating a survey to someone else, Onspring should dynamically update the email that goes to the delegate for you. It will send the email addressed to the initially assigned person unless you adjust it. Onspring allows you to adjust it, but it seems they should automatically update the name instead of keeping the original person's name. Adjusting the email could be easy to miss; therefore, you send an email to the delegate addressed to yourself.- The timeout function needs to be adjusted. It appears to let you continue your session, when it does not.

Reasons for choosing Onspring

Onspring looked much more user friendly, more elegant, and the price was right.

Reasons for switching to Onspring

We were having some issues with Rsam and couldn't view all of our risk in one solution. Rsam was also not user friendly. Onspring has fixed this issue for us.

malika

My Onspring review

Not bad

Pros

easy to use, appealing to the eye, central location for all projects

Cons

Needs more dashboard elements, Burndown charts, the metrics needs to change accordingly with selection in report

Response from Onspring

Malika - Thanks for taking the time to post this review; we really appreciate it. I'm going to ask your Customer Success Manager to contact you to help with dashboard elements, as I believe there are ways he can help you create exactly the type of reports and metrics you're looking to show. And if not, we'll take it up with our product team!

Olivia

Onspring Review: Olivia Blackburn

I love using Onspring. Our consultants (Tutela) are great, and very knowledgeable. The Onspring essentials training has helped for me to do development work on my own.

Pros

The ability to customize the software on your own in whichever way you need it to work for your organization.

Cons

esignature platform is currently missing.

Reasons for choosing Onspring

More functionality and out of the box solutions.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for leaving a review of Onspring, Olivia! And we appreciate your input on the esignature functionality; we have that in the works for 2024 features!

Scott

6 month User Experience Thus Far

My team loves the platform, the ease of use, and the capabilities. We are looking forward to see how we can do more.

Pros

Ability to self-develop and implement changes on the fly. Ability to adapt the software to the needs of our various teams.

Cons

Learning how to implement some of the training to our specific needs. The training is easy to follow but trying to tailor it to our needs is a little challenging.

Reasons for choosing Onspring

The innovation, ease of use, and self-development capabilities.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for sharing your feedback Scott! Glad to hear how you're adapting Onspring to meet the needs of your teams.

Replied November 2022

Stephanie

Scalable, Powerful Solution with no IT experience required

My experience has been very positive. The customer service and support teams are friendly and incredibly helpful. The solutions we've implemented have streamlined our vendor management, contract management and projects management processes. We have flexible reporting at our fingertips that allows our teams to tell our story to any audience.

Pros

It is a highly flexible tool that can customized to work for any business need. The out of box solutions are well-thought out and offer a great starting point for any use case. It is intuitive and offers a clean interface.

Cons

When I think of potential enhancement ideas they are addressed through a forum that is used for future builds.

Price, flexibility and support

Response from Onspring

Thank you for sharing your experience of Onspring with others, Stephanie.

Jason

My Favorite Product Ever

Outstanding - always a pleasure, always fun.

Pros

Number 1: It works. Exactly as I need it to and expect it to. It performs. and it lets me be creative when solving problems. Number 2: The people at Onspring are second to none - they care, they love what they do and they truly love their customers.

Cons

That I can't use it 100% of my day. I wish I had more time in my day to use it.

Reasons for switching to Onspring

Better performance, more capability, more power.

Response from Onspring

Wow - What a great review Jason. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your experience with Onspring. And are glad that you have had such a great experience with not only the software platform but our people.

Ed

October 2022

Onspring Survey - A must for organizational GRC Initiatives to Meet Internal Audit and Compliance Re

It is a very easy product to use from startup.

Pros

The software is easy to use, and the networking and dashboard functions are so valuable along with the customized reporting.

Cons

Need to be able to import NIST SP800-53, SP800-66, and NOST Cybersecurity Framework easier. Most organizations are using NIST Standards and Guidelines to secure their organization and audited internally and externally against these Standards. CMS audits organizations against NIST in the Healthcare industry so it is very important for us to incorporate into Onspring.

Pricing and ease of use

Response from Onspring

Thank you for leaving this review Ed. We're glad you enjoy Onspring so much. I've also provided your import information to our product team to include in our product roadmap. Most of our customers do use us to track NIST, ISO, and others, so this upgrade would help you, alongside everyone else. Thanks again.

Sandra

Onspring to the Rescue!

Excellent

Pros

Ability to integrate various data sets and establish meaningful connective tissue!

Cons

No complaints! After attending essentials training, was able to navigate it with ease.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Onspring, Sandra.

Ross

Industry: Utilities

Onspring Value

I've found Onspring very ease to use & deploy. It brings value to all business areas, and helps bring different areas of a company together. The customer support is excellent and they continue to evolve and add new features / solutions.

Pros

Easy to deploy, customize, & scale. Excellent customer service with everyone trying to understand your needs, and how to deliver value.

Cons

Nothing major as Onspring has easily met and exceeded our expectations.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for posting a review of your experience with Onspring, Ross. We are glad we are meeting your expectations and helping you find ways to add value across your organization.

Nishanth

April 2022

The nuts and bolts of GRC program

Excellent

Pros

When we wanted to build a foundation for our GRC program, we wanted to align it with a strong technology platform to be pillar, after evaluating multiple platforms we went ahead with Onspring as our first choice as it enabled integration with our existing controls and processes stack The hierarchical build is a mechanism we leveraged across multiple applications and a customized dashboards helped reporting to the board easily.

Cons

The manual intrusive work that has to be done when configuring the applications.

Response from Onspring

Nishanth - We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience with Onspring. One of the awesome benefits of Onspring is the ability to customize the platform to fit any unique process, report or business need without using developers. Complete custom creations can take time to do them well, so I hear you on the manual work comment. That being said, we have existing templated solutions you can always start with to speed up your customization process. Please feel free to reach out to your customer success manager at any time to get a view of those templates to see if they are a good starting place for your business.

Highly customizable BPA and GRC tool

I brought Onspring to three companies to help me start NIST CSF, RMF, and SCRM and NIST privacy programs from scratch. At one company, I used it to satisfy GDPR data requests. This platform, for me, is the best balance of customization and built-in capability.

Pros

The Onspring user interface is remarkably easy to intuit. The admin interface is also easy to navigate. Built-in apps require little customization. Original functionality is straightforward to design. Security controls (including retention) is perfect. Most importantly, the distance between licensing it and using it is very short, depending on your use case. For traditional GRC functions, you can get started almost as soon as your tenant is provisioned.

Cons

I feel that there is more "measurement" than "metrics" DEFAULT capability in Onspring. For instance, it can count the number of incidents you have each month, but it can't easily give you a single trending value (thumbs up or thumbs down, for instance) based on those measurements. The process to add values to lists is cumbersome when needing to add large amounts of data.

Cost, customizability, support

Onspring had more functionality

Response from Onspring

James - We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave this thorough review of Onspring. And thank you for providing the input on the measurement vs. metrics. Our Product team is working on a direction to incorporate more robust business intelligence methods into our platform, so I'll keep you posted on what shakes out of this discovery and development plan.

Flexibility

Pros

The product is quite flexible. It can be applied for a variety of use cases. Once you have your apps matured, reporting becomes streamlined.

Reasons for switching to Onspring

Teammate treated us like a number. Onspring treats us like a neighbor.

Response from Onspring

Michael, thanks for providing a review of Onspring. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on what it's like to be a customer - and we are very happy to be your 'neighbor.' I'm going to take your 'report creation' feedback to our product team to discuss options on improving the experience. Thanks again!

Replied April 2021

Rhonda

Optimize efficiency with user friendly software

We use Onspring to manage and automate a number of our compliance processes including logs, compliance testing, audit testing, regulatory filings, pre-approval forms and workflows. We add new use cases to it every year.

Pros

Onspring allowed us to create bespoke solutions that optimize our current processes and workflows. End-user adoption has been high and all users find the solution intuitive and easy to use with very little training. If you can read, you can use Onspring. I love the ability to continue leveraging the data we have in the system to create new time-saving solutions for little to no capital outlay. The system is incredibly flexible and if I miss adding a field that is needed for metrics or other purposes, I can add it myself and begin using it immediately. You truly can configure the system to do almost anything you would like it to. The Onspring platform is meant to be customized, so the applications work well and don't experience some of the problems that customization creates in other systems. The more you use the platform, the more ways you find to leverage it to save time.

Cons

There is very little I do not like about the software. Quite often the features I hoped for to make administration or use of it easier are added to new updates. Quite often, I didn't even know that I wanted an upgrade to functionality until they create it and make the system even better than it already was. One downfall though is that infinite scrolling was added in the most recent update and it has slowed down my ability to get to the record that is needed. Rather than being able to click on page three of my dashboard report, I have to scroll and wait for the system to load the second and then the third page of results. Although I consider it a minor issue, there is no ability to define column size in reports, so dashboard reporting does not always use real estate as efficiently as I would like. Any other system limitations are easily dealt with through good design upon setup.

Reasons for choosing Onspring

The flexibility of Onspring was unparalleled. It was clear that we would be able to create new use cases as use the software for many workflows. It was also less expensive, however, that was not our primary determining factor.

Reasons for switching to Onspring

The product we had was old and outdated. It did not fit our needs for a broader compliance solution as it was primarily geared to audit only.

Response from Onspring

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! It's always wonderful to hear how easy it is for our customers to adjust their configuration of Onspring to fit their individual use cases and business needs. And we really value the transparent feedback on dashboard columns and infinite scrolling. This type of direct information is exactly what helps us refine enhancements for this year's product roadmap. Appreciate you taking the time to write this!

Replied March 2021

Straightforward and flexible

Pros

The licensing model is simple and straightforward that allows for post-deployment flexibility and growth. This is very valuable in the SaaS space, as it becomes increasingly more complex. It comes with a lot of functionality built out of the box, but can be reshaped to fit most processes you can think up. The education and support from the OnSpring team is outstanding. They are truly partnered in understanding your problem and helping you build a solution to meet it. It's very easy to learn and use. Within a week of purchasing we were able to launch simple processes in the platform and realize immediate value. This was instrumental in gaining executive buy-in with the product, as most are burnt out on 6-12 month implementations before realizing an ROI.

Cons

It misses some of the logic functions you see in more advanced platforms. The licensing approach can be a double-edged sword as you can't allow for read-only access without utilizing a full license. Feature releases are done roughly quarterly, which means there is a significant delay between when feature need is realized and when it's delivered. Lacks the functionality to build a public facing user portal. They use surveys to accomplish this, but they are unwieldy since the URL changes every time you update the survey.

Reasons for switching to Onspring

Poor implementation led to a complex mess of a solution that cost far more than the value we realized from it.

Response from Onspring

Michael - Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review of Onspring. We take pride in our ability to fully deliver on customer needs and use cases. We also appreciate you providing input on functionality we could improve upon; this is invaluable to our product team, which is constantly looking for additional ways to add value and improve your experience.

Drew

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Best in Class Audit Management Software

Our team is able to work in a single system that includes all facets of their job responsibilities, including risk assessment, engagement planning, project management, and fieldwork. Reporting is streamlined and extremely easy to modify as needs change.

Pros

Onspring is exceptionally easy to deploy and use with minimal training. The intuitive nature of the product and customizable functionality meant we were able to quickly spin up experiences for our internal auditors, managers, and business stake holders that are tailored to their needs and functions.

Cons

Onspring uses a common text field functionality that, like almost all others that I am aware of, occasionally has issues in rendering copy/paste text from MS Word. This is not just an Onspring-specific issue and the Onspring editor does include a "clear formatting" button that fully addresses this concern.

Reasons for choosing Onspring

Onspring was the clear favorite in our evaluations due to the usability advantages this software provides over its competitors. It was the right size for our department and we felt that the customer commitment from Onspring was unrivaled.

Reasons for switching to Onspring

We were significantly disappointed with the usability, customization, and support options in TeamMate.

Response from Onspring

Drew - Thank you for posting a thorough review on the Onspring platform and your experience utilizing our solutions to fit your organization's needs.