• Pros

• "I like the functionality of this software. It is easy to use. "

• "The product was easier to use for our guys in the field than I thought it would be. It's modern and the younger guys think it's great. We have some older guys using it as well with some success"

• "I like the ease of use across multiple devices."

• Cons

• "A few bugs on certain phones but they are always open to feedback and update things right away"

• "The forms are easy to create and customize but I wish the look of the forms could be altered. "

• "There are some features that we do not use for we have tried them out but it is not a fit for us but again it does not mean that we dislike these features "

Browse SiteDocs Reviews

William from ICMS Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent complement of a CMMS software

We are working more than one year using this software as a "check list" of maintenance activities with options of document comments and pictures, before and after snapshots and creation of pdf reports to have them as a history of an equipment

Pros

This software is very easy to configure and adapt to different kind of activities in our company: from scheduled inspections to big repairs or emergency calls. It's at the same time, a tool for our technicians and a marketing tool to show our customers

Cons

Not able to attach videos on the inspections list

Allora from Willowridge Construction

Program quality, priced right

My experience has been great. The feedback from supervision, clients, management, stakeholders are all impressed with the product and program delivery. I am mind blown by the deliverables this program gives, everything is done for you, making administrative time even within the program at an all time low.

Pros

The program is extremely user friendly. Easy to read, beautiful/simple lay outs of the forms that give a professional, crisp look. I like the accountability aspect where you have to sign the document. Client sharing capabilities are so easy. The Sitedocs reps. available for questions are hands on, trained in the program, very helpful and your messages/questions are answered extremely quick.

Cons

I have not had a con that has outweighed the pros of the program. I think each and every person might have a person touch that they would like to see about any program, I share these with Sitedocs for future growth opportunities within the continuous program growth and development.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Price was a huge component. With these programs, yes they had elaborate programs but also, if you wanted to have "add ons" you had to pay extra. Some programs were too grand, that the price was the same. So you were paying a large price to only use 1/3 of the program with NO ability to price adjust for these reasons. A lot of these programs also were only offered in US currency, not Canadian CAD. So the price was above the original quoted price because of the exchange rates and exchange costs. Some of the programs charged you for placing in a ticket request for help. Your request went into a general mail box and could have taken up to 24 hours for a response. Also, they were majority not Canadian Companies with out sourced call centers (essentially a company cost savings).

Brendan from rcs Construction

SiteDocs Review

SiteDocs makes me job ten times easier. I do reports daily on construction sites and being able to customize and make my own forms allows me to make each process as easy as possible for myself.

Pros

Being able to create forms that are easy to fill in and disperse does wonders for our business.

Cons

There are some minor bugs such as adding photos to forms and having the form shoot up to the top, nothing major though.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Our research lead us to believe that sitedocs was a better app for our company.

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

Prontoforms didn't have anything near the features we needed. Research lead us to SiteDocs and we're not looking back.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied February 2021

Thanks so much for your response! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly!

Zohair from Whiting-Turner

Good application for field use in construction. Can generate reports for job.

Pros

Very helpful tool for the Construction superintendents/foremen and construction safety managers. Daily safety reports can be produced and published using site docs like JHA (Job Hazard analysis). Fabrication drawings can be marked on field for issues and comments. The reports created in Site docs can be shared with the project team.

Cons

Its has good application in the AEC industry but it cannot handle the entire documentation control process like plangrid and procore. Its not as expensive as procore and plangrid, which can be used for projects smaller in size.

Dan from Technical Concrete Solutions Ltd. (TCS CONSTRUCTION)

Great app for Jobsite Safety

Sitedocs allows us to efficiently manage all aspects of our safety program while being able to improve our program by easily creating new forms for our continously growing company. From jobsite hazard assessments, trucking safety inspection logs, machinery and tool inspections and accident investigations. The ability I have to pull up daily reports done by our field workers and share instantaneously to the general contractor safety team puts us at a great advantage.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, intuitive and flexible! Allows me to have more employees participate in safety. Paperless !!! No only paperless but information/reports is instantly in the right hands. Before sitedocs I had daily JHAs from 10 different sites downtown toronto eventually make their way back to the office to late, soaked, unlegible or hours of me driving around collecting forms, scanning and emailing to appropriate parties; just to then ultimately file away forever. Sitedocs Simplified the safety manager role and all other roles in the company

Cons

Features seem to always be added/ improved. Noth really i don't like. Was asking for a notification feature for a while but that is now implemented with 2020 chat. Maybe a built in QR code type upload for All employees safety certificates

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Funny I never had heard of sitedocs. Brought ecompliance into office for their pitch. As a good friend of mine work for them and introduced me to the world of safety software. As I was in the meeting with ecompliance I was cold called by sitedocs. Ultimately sitedocs pitch was better and seemed easier to implement. Also price helped alot!

Response from SiteDocs

Replied November 2020

Thanks for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly to find out more about your QR Code suggestion!

Hal from S+B James Construction Management

Safety at the fingertips of each employee

To start - I got rid of two filing cabinets in my office, no onsite storage of documents, and no further archiving. As a Safety Manager I can view the issues on each site every day, and take action without having to visit each site every day. Having three business units working hundreds of miles apart this is an imperative.

Pros

This software enables me to create, edit, and distribute forms and program information across our entire company within minutes. Adjustments to components of the program can happen real-time in the field when it counts. The Analytics suite helps managers keep their fingers on the pulse of safety activities on-site everyday.

Cons

Some (very little) things need to be a little more flexible.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

The ability to create and edit forms and programs in the application, better analytics.

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

At the time I made the switch, iAuditor was a good platform, but did not have the ability to add our entire safety program as SiteDocs has. It was also pretty cumbersome to create and edit forms and no adequate means to review ongoing documentation. All forms created in iAuditor were set up with a scoring system that wasn't always an accurate representation of how a job site was functioning, and their analytics were pretty sparce.

Nick from Auto-Chlor System

Industry: Chemicals

Safety Compliance Made Easy!!

The pictures alone have been awesome! It takes misunderstanding away and allows to compare from one month to the next.

Pros

The ease of taking current paper forms and converting them to the SiteDocs platform. Free form set-up was included with our subscription but it is so easy we haven't needed to utilize it.

Cons

Due to the size and organization of our company it would be nice to have the ability to designate regional administrators as well as a "super-administrator".

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Ease of use and pricing options

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

The previous platform was too complicated to use. Getting people to do inspections and checklists is hard enough on it's own without the added hurdle of using a platform that is not nearly as intuitive as SiteDocs.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied November 2020

Thank you so much for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch to discuss your desire for regional administrators.

Monica from CT Mechanical

Full Service Product

My overall experience has been very good. They have been consistently responsive when I have had a question or concern.

Pros

I like that pictures can be incorporated easily into the field tickets, safety forms, etc. I like the ease at which we can create forms and get them functional in a short amount of time.

Cons

I'd like to see a "project manager" field added to the locations section when we add a new company.

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

GoFormz was limited in what it was able to do for us.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied October 2020

Thanks so much for your feedback! A member of our Support Team will be in contact soon to discuss your hopes for a Project Manager field.

AN from One Wind Services Inc.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great HSEQ mobile app solution

Pros

- Functionality - Easy to use - Mobile app runs without connectivity

Cons

One level of site locations. SiteDocs is unable to create multi-level of location for big company (i.e. USA/CANADA, provinces/states, sites/projects)

- Functionality - Easy to use - Mobile app runs without connectivity

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

SiteDocs is much better in functionality and more productive

Linda from 46557 Yukon Inc.

SiteDocs has made my job as an HSE Manager so much easier

SiteDocs has saved us so much time in the administration of our safety program, and has saved us a lot of money in printing, training and time spent on paperwork.

Pros

SiteDocs is quite easy to configure and customize, very simple to use, staff have had no problems figuring it out in the field.

Cons

There are some features I'd like to see included such as equipment maintenance tracking, and audit support for my province. There is no advanced programming options, such as using if statements, etc.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

The price-point lined up nicely with the features that we thought most important. The simplicity of setup and use were very important.

Meredith from Kirsch Construction

SiteDocs will improve your safety compliance!

We use SiteDocs in a number of ways: equipment inspections, hazard assessments, COVID-19 self-assessments, etc. We also have employees submit time-sheets daily. This has made it much easier on the office to track all work done. We have eliminated lost time previously caused by lost or misplaced paperwork. Using SiteDocs has also made it much easier to ensure we are satisfying all legislative requirements, customer requirements, and COR-related requirements.

Pros

Using SiteDocs has dramatically increased our employee paperwork completion/submission. We used to struggle for compliance, and now the only tool employees need is in their pocket. Not only has the amount of inspections, hazard assessments, etc. increased, but the quality of these documents has also shown a rise. Many employees find it easier to talk to their phone than to find a pen, and write it down. Getting all the paperwork submitted daily, instead of every two weeks, makes it easier to double-check and catch any concerns, issues, and inconsistencies. This is also assisted by the time-stamp and GPS-stamp features.

Cons

Our biggest struggle with SiteDocs is training new employees on its use. Younger and more phone-savvy employees pick it up in minutes, but not all of our employees fit into this category. Despite the additional time and effort required, all of our employees have eventually managed to learn and use the system effectively. Now that everyone is using the system, we will never make the move back to paper.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

SafetyTek was difficult to get in touch with. When we first reached out they made big promises about what their product could do, and then backed off on those promises. They then continued to be difficult to contact. SiteDocs was able to make sure they were available when we had original questions, and they have remained exactly that way ever since. We chose SiteDocs because of their superior customer service.

Janet from Independent Crop Inputs

Safety Software for All!

We emailed SiteDocs our 5 most common forms and they created them in our company's profile. That got us going and our company was able to immediately start using the forms on their mobile phones. I was able to create our less frequently used forms, such as our annual inspection form, etc at my leisure. But it was fantastic to be able to be able to use this program right from the start! With the global pandemic, we were easily able to create a form to document the safety precautions our staff takes on a daily basis. It's just such a user-friendly program! SiteDocs has been one of the best safety program decisions we've collectively made for our company. NO regrets!

Pros

This app is as easy to use as it is customizable. It is incredibly intuitive and any administrator with basic computer or smartphone knowledge can easily create forms for staff to use, as well as add employees and their details and certificates. The forms are quickly created and edited on the web and then immediately accessible to staff on their mobile devices - both Apple and android. No more paperwork for staff to fill out. Just a simple form on the app! This encourages staff to complete their reports and increases the rate of compliance of our company. Another perk? No more lost paperwork! It's all stored on the app and online.

Cons

Signed forms cannot be deleted so please be careful when filling them out. They'll be there for your safety auditor to see! I was unable to create an identical form (with one or two items different for staff to fill out). However, I emailed support and within 24hrs they created a copy so I was able to edit and rename and edit the new form very easily. I hope they bring the option out for us to create copies of forms on the form builder page during their next update.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Intuitive ease of use, value for the dollar, and customizability.

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

We switched from a different safety software that just didn't seem to be able to do all that it promised it could. It was not very user friendly and we were very disappointed. SiteDocs has exceeded our expectations in comparison.

Angela from Anderson Pacific Engineering Construction, Inc.

Safety Program Management Simplified

The SiteDocs team has been wonderful to work with. They walked me through the setup and implementation process. They also patiently helped me with any issues I was having and have been receptive to features that I feel would be beneficial to users. The response time has been almost immediate on all support requests.

Pros

The app is really user friendly so it we were quickly able to gain adoption by our crew in the field. The software is highly customizable, easy to create your own forms, and upload resources. We now have our entire safety program by chapter as a reference document, SDS sheets, safety meeting topics, safety forms, training records, and other reference documents all easily available to our SiteDocs users on their mobile devices. Several of our sites are remote so a huge advantage is that the forms and safety meetings can still be completed without an internet connection and then uploaded when they have a signal so it eliminates excuses for safety items not being completed on all sites.

Cons

I do have a couple of minor issues with the software that could be improved. The dashboard has an emergency locations nearby option that uses Google to find the nearest emergency location by category that I wish I could either turn off or customize the location. Often the locations shown are for an animal hospital or a provider that is not part of our worker's compensation medical provider network so it can cause some confusion. I also wish that resources could be tied to a location to be able to cut down on data that is downloaded for all users, but only needed by a few users. It also would be great if the software allowed you to have a notification send to users to remind them of a specific item that needs to be completed like a specific safety meeting topic that needs to be completed or a new document that has been added to resources.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

We were converting from a paper based system to a cloud based system. Construction lags in adoption of new technology use compared to most other industries so needed a software that had a low barrier to entry in ease of setup, ability to customize for our specific needs, quick implementation, and relative low cost.

Chris from Universal Time Equipment Company

Absolutely wonderful software experience

Pros

I love having the ability to build my own forms the way I want them. Before purchasing SiteDocs, I look at just about all of SiteDocs competitors and they didn't have "build your own forms", but they did try and convince me that it's better to have them build my forms for me so that it would save me time. Yeah right, having someone else build what I envision would only take more of my time and cause a lot of back-and-forth trying to get the forms right. SiteDocs has a form builder module that is super easy to use and you have the ability to build any kind of form you can dream up. Customer support is amazing and they respond very quickly. I had asked for a certain feature they didn't have and I was told they would work on implementing it. Not only did they build this feature and over deliver, I was able to talk directly with their design team and provide my input. It really feels good that a company would listen to my ideas, let alone implement them too. You can easily see in their software platform that SiteDocs is definitely not one of those companies that just throws something out there to see what sticks. There are a ton of other companies out there that could learn a lot from SiteDocs. Awesome job SiteDocs team!!!!!

Cons

The only thing I could say I like least about SiteDocs software is not having the ability to use a windows tablet in regards to filling out forms. Is this really a problem, no, I am an electronics junkie as my wife says and I'm wanting to try and windows tablet even though I know I wouldn't like it. In all fairness to SiteDocs, I really can't think of anything I dislike about their software platform.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied October 2017

Thanks Chris! A Windows version is currently in the planning stage with our development team! We'll keep you posted when we have a expected timeline for release.

Lauren from Stevens & Black Electrical Contractors Ltd.

SiteDocs Review from Stevens & Black Electrical Contractors Ltd.

SiteDocs keeps us COR compliant. SiteDocs makes it easy to update forms and to manage ongoing changes in the industry.

Pros

The initial integration process with SiteDocs was very easy. We were able to use and deploy the program within a month to our Field users. The certification report is great for managing employee training. The charts and analytics are instrumental in weekly reviews with Management and are also used for review by our Joint Health & Safety Council. Lastly, SiteDocs helps our company stay COR compliant, which is the backbone of our Occupational Health & Safety Management System.

Cons

An option for improvement could be; linking "fails" or "flagged items" with an email notification. I find I have to continuously have the program open and check submissions. Also certain reports that are generated from the field; Accident Report/Incident Report/First Aid Log would be great to be flagged by an email to create a sense of urgency.

Price & ease of use

Erin from Hoelscher Dewatering Inc

Great Service

Pros

Site docs is a program that is very user friendly and can be easily used by everyone. The features are great as the downloadable app makes it very convenient and easy to access anywhere. Being able to upload employee training certifications for site viewing is great and keeps everything organized nicely. I really like the form builder as you can customize to your preferences and create exactly what you want and need with ease. Generating reports using site docs is easy and convenient saves a lot of time. I recommend Site Docs to anyone who wants to keep health and safety at their finger tips.

Cons

If I have to make an improvement on the site it would be to have email notifications when training certifications are due to expire.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

I have used ecompliance and I find Site Docs is more easily navigated and more user friendly

Response from SiteDocs

Replied November 2019

Hi Erin, Thanks so much for the review! We're delighted you're finding so much value and convenience with SiteDocs. And thank you, too, for the recommendation! Just wanted to let you know that receiving email notifications for expiring certs is absolutely possible. One of our Support Team members will reach out to you today to show you how to set this up. All the best! Stephanie

Brett from Tyzac Vacuum Excavations

A good usable system for both management and staff. Simple and professional

Streamline safety documents all in one system.Great communication tool

Pros

We have used a couple of these systems in the past. Some of these portal /app systems can be a little difficult in the field for our workers to find and manage. Site docs is simple to explain to new workers and have found our guys have embraced it an it is actually being used the way it should.Signing on to all documents anywhere any time is extremely useful.Many times a person might need to be added to our SWMS /procedures etc at short notice. Simple to add a non employee have him sign and it is back at the office in minutes App works well on any phone or tablet. Covers 95% of our needs with hope future update expected to complete the system for us. Also have found the support extremely helpful and response time to any questions fast and informative. Generally a good company/program. I cant see us using anything else in the near future.

Cons

1.Loading the certifications for the employees can only be done as a Jpeg ATM .This makes it difficult to load multiple pages Needs the ability to load PDF's. 2.It is missing the ability to have plant and equipment certifications,tagging & calibration and expiry dates loaded (The same as employee certifications would be great). Currently we have to load plant &equipment as employees to use the alert when due functions.This is a function most companies would need I believe. We are told this is in productions both these items and have got around it for now. Otherwise 95% perfect for us.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied October 2017

Thanks for your review Brett, we are certainly working on supporting PDF files for Certifications in the near future. We'll make sure to let you know when it's available.

Maggie from New York Painting & Coating Ltd.

SiteDocs is a user-friendly, reasonably-priced software

SiteDocs team is always supportive and we can reach them and get help immediately. We are very satisfied with SiteDocs, and we highly recommend other companies to use this software.

Pros

I prefer SiteDocs because it can customize the forms, so we can create, edit and delete our own templates. SiteDocs has a platform which can be easily used on both the PC and mobile devices (cell phone & tablets). We have control to show created templates to mobile users or not, and it decreases the confusion of the site team. The forms can be categorized and filtered by either date, type, user, so we have more options to sort out the forms we need. The price is reasonable to include the user number range, so we don't concern about increasing price per user. All the signed forms are saved and synchronized automatically every several seconds, so we can get reports immediately from the sites. The users' access can be limited per administrator, so we can reduce the duplicated locations and users.

Cons

Some of the employees can't understand English perfectly, so we trans;ate some form into another language. however, the saved report would show the other language as question marks. SiteDocs can be improved by adding more fields of signature since we need to get all team members' signature when we fill in the safety docuements.

Jeff from Milestone environmental contracting Inc

Use and function

Documentation control and a lot less paper for the field to try and control.

Pros

The program is very user friendly, from the labours on site to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company, easy to customize your forms and change forms on the fly. SiteDocs supplies great customer support and listen to your suggestions.

Cons

would like to see a Notification that is not the complete incident form or near miss form, that give like a draft or summary that goes to the executive team.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Customer support, and value for your investment, field ease. User friendly - Site Docs allowed us to Test drive prior to purchase, and actual use in live day to day work on a couple of our Sites

Response from SiteDocs

Replied October 2020

Thank you so much for your response! A member of our Support Team will be contacting you soon to chat more about your hopes for notifications.

Terry from Royal Fence & Group of Companies

Hands down the BEST!

Unfortunately one of the biggest challenges we were facing was the introduction of COVID-19 to the world and to our workplaces. Having SiteDocs already for awhile, we were able to use it to our advantage and look after our health and safety aspects - due diligence regarding activities such as hazard assessments, inspections, safety meetings, toolbox talks, training and incident investigations remotely and with the use of SiteDocs. We did not miss a beat and are able to carry on with our tasks for clients as essential services. Prior to this and with our past normal conditions SiteDocs was and is the most friendly program to use with exceptional service from the staff. I find it the most easy program to use compared to other similar products and if we didn't have it, we would be relying on luck. It truly helped us score high with our COR External and internal audits and will definitely help us maintain our certification for years to come. We have had a great experience, there is no way that we could go back to paper now!

Pros

The ease of use and willingness of employees to use it!

Cons

I cannot say that there is anything that I don't like or that there are potential gaps as there are constant improvement updates that are exciting. The folks at SiteDocs are on top of clients needs it seems.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Its user friendly and fast. The folks at SiteDocs are sincere, really engaging and helpful with tremendous support all through the demo, sign up, and ongoing support.

Alan from Keating Inc

Small to medium sized company utilizing SiteDocs

The support is top notch and the support videos that are posted are well thought out and helpful. Love the new analytics section. Overall I am extremely satisfied and recommend it.

Pros

Its simple to utilize from both an administrators point of view and as a worker, adaptable to our needs as we grow or are faced with new challenges and we can use the new analytics to identify who is or is not utilizing/ completing the required actions. Resource section allows us to have various information like trade certifications, product updates and our H&S information as well as SDS information at our workers finger tips for ease of reference.

Cons

There are small issues I would love to see resolved. The way that corrective actions are completed , that it is a completely new screen page and that as I review the daily inspections, it does not bring to my attention the fact that a corrective action has been completed or is needed. You are required to click on a new page and within the actual inspection, you are required to click on a new link. The corrective action is however there its just not in my or the workers face and that's what I would like to see changed.

Kyla from Ironclad Earthworks Ltd.

You need this!

The ability to check daily, weekly forms or any permits or documenst that need signing from anywhere for any job site is so convenient. The hassle of collecting forms, signing and filling is gone. SiteDcos stores all signed documents and forms in easy to find locations on their servers. Our external safety audits have been a breeze with everything being in one location. NO MORE PAPER

Pros

For any safety related issues, to uploading drawings and permits; everything is in one place and so easy to use. To uploading documents and forms is a breeze and to send signed documents, permits ect. is just as easy. Highly, highly recommend SiteDocs. It is very user friendly and the way you can customize it to your needs to amazing.

Cons

The only con I have, and its very minor is the date selection when entering safety certificates, you have to go go back or forward through all months and years to select your date option.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied April 2020

Hi Kyla, Thanks for your review! We've got a great solution for the calendar functionality issue you mentioned in the Cons section. A Support Specialist will reach out to you today to show you how it works (it makes selecting a date quick and easy). Thanks so much for your business these past five years! We're delighted you're delighted. :)

Mechelle from National EWP

Industry: Mining & Metals

Site Docs Has Been a Game Changer For Us

Customer service is great, they are really responsive and quick to assist. I appreciate the fact I can send suggestions for software improvements to them and they seem very receptive to my suggestions.

Pros

Very easy to use, we have a scattered, sometimes remote workforce so offline capability is extremely important to us. The software is easy to use on a phone or tablet, and it's simple to create custom forms or make changes to existing forms quickly.

Cons

There could be a better workflow procedure, we would like to be able to send forms to multiple people on different devices and in different locations to sign before we submit the form since our workforce is so scattered. Would like to be able to insert pictures and have more font and color options when creating forms. We also need better email reporting and design options, we are limited in what we can email as far as daily summary reports for management and they are too busy to go in and look at the dashboards.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

It seemed to fit in better with our industry and remote workforce and was very simple to implement and use. Price was right.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied June 2020

Hi Mechelle, Thanks so much for your review. We're delighted SiteDocs has been such a good fit for your company, especially with your remote needs. Regarding the features mentioned in the Cons section, we've got great solutions for many of them. A member of our Support Specialist Team will reach out and walk you through where to find them/how to use them. You'll hear from someone shortly. Have a great day! Stephanie

Richard from Certispec Services Inc.

Industry: Maritime

One stop management and maintenance of your OHS system

Approximately 2 years ago our company decided to pursue COR certification for our Health and Safety Management System. We hired a safety consultant to help us with this and purchased SiteDocs to maintain the system, to distribute policies and other resources and maintain the records required by auditors assessing our level of compliance. There is no doubt that the use of SiteDocs has vastly improved our system and, in particular, our ability to share resources throughout our workforce and receive feedback from them with respect to OHS. This has resulted in a far better buy-in within the company for all things OHS and, in turn, our OHS stats have steadily improved. Our staff have found the SiteDocs system easy to work with and use both their smart phones and company supplied tablets (iOS and Android based systems) to access it.

Pros

Though the support received for installation and set up was excellent it really wasn't too necessary as the process was so intuitive and easy to accomplish. As soon as it was set up we started using it immediately.

Cons

The web based interface for computers could have better functionality.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied November 2020

Thanks so much for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly to discuss our web functionality.

Jeremy from Vida Insulation Inc

10/10 for Site Docs

This year I altered and created a few forms so that onsite employees take less time to complete the daily paperwork but at the same time the documentation meets and exceeds the requirements onsite so that employees document safety issues, and we now have 100% compliance with our workers filling out documentation.

Pros

The thing I like most is how easy it is to filter documents and print them for our yearly COR safety audit. We can alter forms easily to ensure that when a form is completed it meets and exceeds safety compliance. Sharing paperwork with our general contractors is very easy as well and saves me a lot of time, its as easy as adding an email address to the job file to share the documentation and they receive the specific completed forms automatically.

Cons

I find that when using my PC it can be a little slow, but is not slow enough that I would call it a problem and it could just be my internet connection.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

We have decided not to switch because of the ease of use and the positive response from the employees when completing their digital paperwork.

Marty from NRG Management

Sitedocs Review

Sitedocs has streamlined our safety program, so workers can have instant access to important safety information as needed.

Pros

Our company has a COR certified company, it saves time when preparing stats and reports for Toolbox talks, safety committee meetings, monthly safety reports, and the annual COR audit. The GPS and timestamp features make workers accountable when preparing safety documentation. The convenience of having the companies safety program and safe work procedures at their fingertips. Many other benefits such as having training certifications, SDS, and training material for site specific training.

Cons

Many of my recommendations were covered on the new 2020 application.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Price, our company was one of the first companies in Winnipeg to incorporate Sitedocs into our safety program. 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions could not compete with the introductory rate that Sitedocs gave to our company (we still receive the same rate).

Konstantin from NDL Construction

Digital assistant which never lose paperwork

Very resourceful software. Maintains an optimum balance between being functional and user-friendly.

Pros

I work with the construction company which primarily niche projects in remote areas such as fly-in first nations communities and arctic. It would be impossible (or extremely demanding) for our site supervisors to perform reports on paper keep them safe, send to the head office. Inconvenient to work with hard copies. Site Docs does it automatically. Moreover, the software allows me to customize report forms that serve better for our way of working. Using i-pad instead of paper looks more professional for our workers and they respect our Health and Safety program more. Allows include our subcontractors into the project and receive their forms via auto-sharing.

Cons

Statistic section (fancy diagrams) costs extra or looks limited. Sometimes filters do not filter subcontractors' forms and they pop up when I don't want them.

Carly from Peninsula Construction Inc.

Why we love SiteDocs

SiteDocs has helped us solve our issue of having multiple sites all over Ontario. Collecting and tracking paperwork was a nightmare before. With SiteDocs we can see the paperwork come in through our InBox daily, so if anything is missing we are able to get a message out in-day to the Supervisor, rather than wait for a week to go by.

Pros

We like how user friendly the software is. Most of our employees that download the program don't require any training. The forms are so easy to complete. The ability to customize our forms at a moments notice is great too! If someone onsite requests something be added, it can be done in minutes. The entire software system is so practical and customize-able, if you can think of a form or report you would like generated, then you can figure out a way to make it happen, or ask the friendly support staff for their assistance.

Cons

When we first started with SiteDocs I used to get frustrated that my personal screen view settings in the Admin panel never saved day-to-day ( for example: to view 50 of 50 items instead of 10 of 50 items). Having to click next page takes a lot longer than scrolling. The SiteDocs support team was quick to respond to the complaint and said they were working on a fix, which they did and we have been scrolling ever since!

Kim from Alberta Parking Lot Services

Highly Recommend!

We no longer have to deal with sorting through and documenting the piles of daily paperwork. I can just sign into the admin panel and pull up whatever report I need to see any deficiencies that need to be addressed. The setup was quick, it's simple to build almost any kind of form and easy to track the forms. The app users find it quick and easy to complete the forms and worker accountability has skyrocketed. Also, the SiteDocs support team is very fast, friendly and knowledgeable so I don't have a long wait if I need assistance.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is extremely user-friendly for both within the app as well as from the administrative panel. This, in turn, has been extremely time-saving and cost-saving. I can build a form to track any required safety stats and the workers find the forms extremely easy to navigate and complete.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative at all to say about this software.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

SiteDocs was more versatile and easy to navigate, ClockShark was only restricted to time tracking. We felt SiteDocs addressed many more of our needs.

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

SiteDocs is geared to save time and money and we saw the potential to do so. The app looked simple to navigate and the reporting process seemed to fit our needs much better.

Bill from Northwell Oilfield Hauling (09) Inc

SiteDocs review

Pros

Cons

The only issue that comes up occasionally is an employee complaint that they have to use their own device and data plan for work purposes. In our industry, it is not feasible to provide each employee with a company cell phone

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

SiteDocs looked like the leader in the field and was closest to what we were looking for

Response from SiteDocs

Replied June 2020

Hi Bill, Thanks so much for your review - really appreciate it! We've got some great options available for workers who don't want to use their phone's data plan. Someone from our Support Specialist team will reach out and fill you in. Kind regards, Stephanie

Cory from Iconic Power Systems

A great way to digitize your HSE management system and relevant documentation

Pros

Integration of this product is very user friendly and intuitive. Our employees have had very few issues utilizing the product in their day-to-day operations. It has a broad scope of utility within our business operations. We are able to custom-build whatever documentation we deem required. The mobile app is very user friendly and easy to use, let alone the excellent access afforded by the mobility aspect.

Cons

This may be a bit nitpicky but I would like to have both the administrator control (where we add content, build custom documents etc.) and the general user site all in one place so that I don't have to log in to another site whenever I want perform administrative functions on the platform.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied October 2020

Thanks for your review! Great news, we have recently made a way for you to do this. A member of our Support Team will be in contact with you soon.

Jennifer from Western CML Cleaners Ltd.

This system makes filling out safety forms easy and accessible for the workers!

The amount of safety forms that are being filled out daily, has increased 10 fold, as this program is available on our iPads, and the employees' cell phones. It is so accessible to everyone, that there is no excuse not to use it. Its great for me, as a Health & safety Admin to get workers and crew members to use it, as there are no complications or hurdles to operate it.

Pros

The ease of use and straightforwardness of the system makes filling out safety forms easy to do daily. It is more accessible to the workers, so they are more prone to filling them out. It helps make our safety program better for current and future employees.

Cons

Maybe the fact that its hard to remove rights once you assign them.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

the ease of use, and the options that are available in the program. The create your own forms option is also a great function that we have utilized a great deal.

Kelcie from Loewen Mechanical

Seamless Safety Program

Our company is no longer wasting time handing in or picking up safety forms, which cost us time in labor. Every time we do a safety audit it is much faster. I can see that an incident happened the day they fill out the form, rather than weeks later whenever they dropped off the form.

Pros

Easy to create and use forms. I can keep track of all safety documents Safety audits are less stressful as everything is in one place. I can easily change which employees have access to certain parts of the app. The new (beta) website for filling out forms is something I've waited a long time for, it is exactly what I needed. Support staff is quick at getting back to you and is always friendly and helpful

Cons

Honestly nothing. We've had very few technical issues and they have all been sorted out quickly with the help of the support staff member assigned to our company.

Kevin from KDS Construction Ltd.

Fantastic Product

The overall experience with SiteDocs has been fantastic.

Pros

There are many pros to using SiteDocs. Prior to using the software we struggled with form completion and being able to monitor what forms were being completed on a daily basis. Since we have implemented the use of SiteDocs I can immediately see what forms are being completed by our Superintendents. I can honestly say it has contributed to an positive increase in our overall Health & Safety culture. A VERY EASY PRODUCT TO USE.

Cons

I don't think that I can say there is any "cons" regarding the software. If there is something that a user might want to see changed or added they can call SiteDocs and the SiteDocs team will take your input and see if they can facilitate the changes or if there is another way to accomplish what you are looking for.

Karl from Sylvis Environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Overall Review

Gone are the days of having to scan and categorize paper documents, with receiving the digital copies this allows more time spend on important tasks.

Pros

We appreciate the ability to create and modify custom forms easily. Allowing certain personal to receive e-mail notification that a form has been completed is essential to keeping on top of safety related items. The flag and follow up function is essential for assigning and making sure deficiencies found on our sites are corrected.

Cons

We do find some compatibility issues with the software and the Samsung S10. Every once in a while we have to re-load the SiteDocs App.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Locally based Abbotsford BC and a quick response to inquires.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied January 2021

Thanks for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly to learn more about what you are seeing with the Samsung S10

Daniel from Points West Mechanical

Easiest and most efficient Safety program

This App helped us Get COR certification, with the ease of storing all documents, filing appropriately, and having charts and Analytics to back it up.

Pros

Ease of transition from whatever safety program you are currently running. Can be used on any smart phone or tablet. Field staff have minimal issues getting used to using the product. I can make, edit or customise forms immediately as the administrator to suit any type of work or situation in the field. This App keeps all records easily attainable, and has charts and analytics to back check your field crews participation. Customer support is very fast to respond, and very helpful. They are always updating the App with user suggestions and corrections.

Cons

Only issue I have found is not being able to permanently delete a worker, location or form. This should be an added feature to be able to either set Inactive, or permanently delete.

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

Cheaper, mush more customization and support.

Tanis from Dexter Oilfield Inc.

Faster, Better, Easier

If all of my workers would just use it more, I would have 0 complaints. This solves so many problems related to safety. I am working with my people to identify corrective actions during inspections, and then to assign and sign off that they are completed. This will better demonstrate our commitment to safety by doing our preventative maintenance. Also we will find more problems if we do more inspections!

Pros

I really like that all the reports are in real time and can be changed to show revisions. It is awesome that there is no paper to file and it is easier to search for stuff!

Cons

I wish that you could add tables with check boxes into the forms. I like the drop downs, but it is nice to be able to see them all at once. Also wish you could link forms together: For Example - to show that you reviewed an SDS before working with a product and attach that to your daily safety meeting.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

The ability to sign the documents and have them filed in real time. Also really like the Locations feature!

Brian from Milling Machinery Inc.

Ecstatic about SiteDocs

Pros

Instant communication and the mobility forms can be done anywhere and we can have access to them as well.

Cons

Would like it if SiteDocs would integrate with Vivid Training. Notification process once you flag an item and assigned to someone

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

Better suited for our needs.

Courtney from T.L. Penner Construction 2020 Inc.

Making Safety Easy for Everyone

When I have a question or need help with anything there is someone on the other end happy to help you with what you need. If there isn't that option they make note of it and hope to maybe be able to create something for you. Knowing you have this kind of support is worth every penny. Having everything saved for your company and not chasing a paper trail is another pro CON.

Pros

My 1st time using SiteDocs was to throw a COR Audit together. I had never seen an Audit or SiteDocs before in my life. I followed the Audit and searched for things in SiteDocs and likely found 90% of what I needed to complete the audit. I knew after what I needed to add to the program and its so user friendly.

Cons

CONS, I cannot really think of any. There was some features 3 years ago I wish there and now we have them.

David from Strilkiwski Contracting

Company filing system has

Very good - we have been able to rectify all problems in a very short time basis - it is without a doubt that the SiteDocs team really cares about their users - and that is what we really like working with them

Pros

Easy to use, definitely cost saving , very much time saving, very good support from the SiteDocs team and the software is being updated and changed to better serve us the user

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

This was brought to our attention through Manitoba Heavy Constrution Association They introduced it to us to take a look at it and we certainly seen the benefits after using it for 6 months

Lauren from C.m.s Commercial mechanical services Ltd.

So easy!!!

Overall my experience has been great with site docs. The initial meetings/ set up was great always had answers for us and even still if my team or I run into any issues they always respond and follow up to make sure you are satisfied!

Pros

I love that this is paperless! Previous to purchasing site docs it was a constant task to try and get valid documents & properly completed site forms from our field staff, with site docs everything is really easy to fill out (it doesn’t let you submit forms without completing all req fields) which was bonus because people couldn’t skip over important areas on the forms. Also for the certificates site docs is amazing for this because you can easily run off a report and it shows you exactly who has an expired cert. (it’s also super easy to upload & replace the certificates)

Cons

I least liked that there isn’t a notification which would pop up/ notify me that a certain certificate has expired (that way we could jump on it quicker) but I have been told that this is something that they are developing!

Brad from AEC Safety Solutions

Extremely User Friendly

Receive good feedback on the printed forms and is easy to use both on and offline. Some reports are still limited but improving all the time

Pros

Software is extremely user friendly with very little learning required. forms are very easy to read and clear to focus on important components with visible pictures when added

Cons

Would like to be able to edit pictures in the app

clumsy, many offline difficulties

Kim from RM of Portage

Great Product!

Overall, site docs is well designed and very functional.

Pros

-The Product can be adapted for almost anything. -The customer service is fast and helpful. -Love the audit feature!

Cons

The hardest has been buy in from employees and management to adapt to a new way.

Reasons for Choosing SiteDocs

Better Sales Rep More Concise Layout-Very important for our users. Recommended by our Manitoba Heavy Auditor.

Sadie from Cutting Edge Consulting Inc.

Great for Tracking and Very User Friendly

Pros

Our crew uses SiteDocs everyday, and we have found it to be extremely helpful for tracking information and forms for our different jobs. It is very easy to access from remote locations, and it's simple to keep the records in the app, as well as exporting them to our files in our computer systems. Being able to attach pictures to our reports has proven very useful for our QA and for work tracking. Our whole crew loves not having to fill out actual paper work and having to manage stacks of papers all the time. It's also super easy to teach new employees how to use it because it is so simply and user friendly.

Cons

I wish we didn't have to create a whole new form when we go to revise a form. It would be nice to be able to delete or make revisions without developing clutter of signed forms we no longer need.

Feedback

Overall experience has been good. Took a while to understand the system if new to SiteDocs, but once you get the hang of it, is an excellent tool.

Pros

SiteDocs is a one stop shop for maintaining all records of the employees. Once on Site Docs, you do not need to maintain a hard copy or an electronic copy. Always looking at ways to improve and make it more user friendly. Can access documents on SiteDocs and download to share to others. Easy to set up certification types and enter information

Cons

Not all certificates stored have an expiry date, but the expiry date field is a mandatory field. Would be good if that date is left as optional so that we do not have to enter a fictitious expiry date.

Dennis from East Coast Underground LLC

SiteDocs Experience

Effectively use our Safety Program, management reports, machine maintenance, and company resources.

Pros

We have used this product to effectively bring the Office to the Field and the Field to the Office. Our Safety Program has never been as well Administrated or used by our employees. One product provides many functions for our employees and office staff.

Cons

Reports for each worker are sometimes lengthy and hard to find. Could help if the Workers Forms could be made a drop down so you could just pick the type of report you were looking for.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied October 2020

Thanks a lot for your review! A member of our Support Team will be reaching out shortly to discuss some of the functionality that will make it much easier to find worker documents.

Darcy from Morelite Electric

SiteDocs Review

So far the experience has been positive. As we have a distributed workforce who rarely if ever visit our office it has allowed us to capture more information and forms than previous years.

Pros

SiteDocs is easy for users to complete their daily required safety paperwork as it is app based on their phones. The administrator panel makes it easy to review and act upon any incidents and ensures compliance.

Cons

Some of the required information is not readily available using the reports that are designed by SiteDoc or your own custom forms. Data has to sometimes be exported to excel to manipulate in the way you want to display the information.

Response from SiteDocs

Replied June 2019

Hi Darcy, thanks for your review! I've got great news for you, we've got an enhanced analytics offering that is now available which will give you some incredible tools to work with your data. Our Customer Success team will be in touch to provide you details.

Chris from Universal Time Equipment Co.

Great Software and an Amazing Company!

Going paperless with SiteDocs has been amazing! We not only save time, but we also bring more visibility to our safety program.

Pros

SiteDocs is very easy to use. I also like having the ability to build my own forms. Most of SiteDocs competitors make you send them the info and they build your forms for you, all while you wait days to get the forms built and setup. If you need to make a small change or correction, you then have to send it back and wait again. SiteDocs not only will help you with you forms, but they let you be in control.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any cons. Everything works the way I expect it to.

Rick from Tycon Steel (1998) Inc

Site Docs 2020 Review

We are very happy with site docs. It has been a hard push to get our workers to go paperless but once they see how easy the app is to use its just about teaching them and breaking the old habits of using paper copies.

Pros

I like how easy it is make new forms and edit them. The new chat function is a great way to get ahold of your employees that are in the field. Great way to store and manage your forms by using the app.

Cons

I do not have many cons about using this app so far. We have been very happy using it for the past 2 years. The new functions and updates are very user friendly and have had no complaints from our workers that use the app.

Frank from Robbins, Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

Using SiteDocs has been very helpful in providing needed documentation for our mandatory safety programs. It has also been instrumental in providing a platform for our Safety communication and training programs.

Pros

The use of SiteDocs has had a big impact on day-to-day safety awareness. With Safety Data Sheets being right on hand, and easy access to toolbox talks, safety awareness has been enhanced. The program is easy to use, and even though initially the major applications were for Construction, the program is easily adaptable to the Manufacturing environment.

Cons

If I had to list one drawback, it would be that initially, there must be a large investment in data entry time. Once our information was entered into SiteDocs, it became an amazing tool to have information at our fingertips.