All QuickBooks Online Reviews

Eugene

Food Production, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Quickbooks Online Review: Easy To Use!

Nae

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

We love quickbooks for our small business!

It’s been a great experience for many years since we’ve been in business.

PROS

Quickbooks is super user friendly. I am not very tech savvy, but I’m able to keep up with my books fairly easily. I like that you can easily integrate a professional accountant into your quickbooks if needed.

CONS

Some language can be confusing. Reconciliation of the books can be confusing to do alone.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

I’ve always been recommended to use quickbooks by various accountants. It is our go to.

kgomotso

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

QuickBook - The best of the best

My overall experience with QuickBooks Online has been overwhelmingly positive. I've been able to streamline my financial management, automate many tasks, and gain valuable insights into my business's performance. The software has been reliable and easy to use, with frequent updates and improvements that keep it fresh and relevant. Overall, I've found QuickBooks Online to be a valuable tool that has helped me grow and succeed in my business.

PROS

I liked the ease of use and intuitive interface of QuickBooks Online. It was incredibly easy to set up and start using, even for a small business owner with limited accounting experience. I also appreciated the seamless integration with other tools and apps, making it easy to track expenses and stay organized. Overall, QuickBooks Online has been a game-changer for my business, allowing me to focus on growth and development rather than getting bogged down in administrative tasks.

CONS

Nothing really. I found everything to be easy to use.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

The platform offers ease of use, scalability, integration, cost-effectiveness, and security. These features make it a popular choice for small businesses. It's essential to weigh the pros and cons before deciding if QuickBooks Online is right for your business.

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Staggeringly bad unresolved security issue

PROS

The ability to keep my books in one place along with payroll.

CONS

Everything is overly complicated. Payroll doesn't integrate nicely with accounting, and it always seems a pain to run payroll. More importantly, I've been dealing with a payroll issue for about six months, where QBO is sending an email to a completely unrelated person at an email address I've never seen before. I have spent literally hours on support trying to resolve it. The last several times, they claim it's resolved, but it isn't. The user they're emailing our sensitive company information to is another Intuit user who uses the same accountant that we use, but has ZERO connection to our business. It's embarrassing that a company holding so much sensitive information can't manage to resolve this issue. I'd switch to a different solution in a heartbeat if I could find something that did everything we need it to do.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

I thought it would be easier for my accountant, and it has the suite of products that we do need for our business.

Kaylee

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Main bookkeeping tool

One of the highest priced software but has the most capabilities if your business needs them.

PROS

Allows for easy collaboration on bookkeeping and accounting file.

CONS

Lack of ability to pay bills directly in QuickBooks with online payments.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Easier to collaborate and a more convenient solution

Rachel

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Pros: overall great product. Recomend. Cons: Zero phone support on weekends.

Overall I am happy as a user. Will continue to use it.

PROS

I like that most accoiuntants and businesses use it. Widely recongnized software. Used to use Wave. Switched to QB because I could not find a specialist who would help me with Wave.

CONS

No live phone support on weekends. Business owners work 24/7. Live support on weeknds is essential. ADP has a great phone support 7 days a week, I wish QB had the same.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Could not find a an acciuntant who would be very familiar with Wave and can help me with difficult transactions etc.

Kira

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Great and Easy Accounting Program

PROS

QuickBooks Online is a very easy to use program. It is user friendly and there is a lot of online tutorials if you have questions.

CONS

The reporting feature is the only one I do not like. We have several project reports included in our end of month reporting. It limits the amount of reports that can be pulled which separates our report.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Xero was recommended to us but did not have enough features to support our accounting needs.

Chad

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Useless Software and Support

Poor, very poor - After a week I could no longer send out invoices and their response was to download and send them manually ... 400 invoices ? The claim to be "working on the problem" but no feedback is ever recived

PROS

On sight it seemed quite easy to set up and use

CONS

After a week it stopped working and the support is non existent with txt book responses

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Pricing and functionality, but that said, the functionality I required, now does not work

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

I was told to by my accountant for Tax purposes

Andrwe

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

So Glad We Switched

PROS

Ease of use. Everything works the way you would expect it to. Almost everything that I wish existed in Quickbooks Desktop actually exists in Quickbooks Online. It was easy to set up, use and the UI makes it easy to accurately record financial transactions.

CONS

Reports and class tracking don't work exactly the same way as desktop. They're much harder to track. Also data entry tasks with keyboard entry aren't as fluid. It's a lot more point-and-click.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

I wanted something that was not locked to one computer, had cloud redundancies, and allowed for other people/CPAs to access the books remotely.

Minal

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Love quickbooks

Easy to use and cost effective compared to others

PROS

Easy to use and cost effective compared to others

CONS

Cost has increased over the years but still decent

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Cost was cheaper than using ado for our office

karim

Accounting, 1 employee

Perfect tool for businesses

Great tool but the for beginners can be better.

PROS

This is the perfect app or online tool to use for your business and personal records. It's like a digital secretary.

CONS

My excess to tools I needed to record daily transactions for my business and personal records. It has a easy spreadsheet as well as good tool for more complex tasks.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

It had so many good reviews wherever I'd look for a app

Keirsten

Internet, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Quickbooks Online is not the same as Quickbooks Desktop!

We solved the issue of being able to log in from anywhere, however, we did go back to the desktop version for report purposes.

PROS

It was easy to log in from anywhere and add transactions. It was super easy to take pictures of transactions and upload them into the online platform. QBO does work with Tsheets as well, but not in the way that the desktop is capable.

CONS

Job costing and certified payroll are not possible with Quickbooks Online. Many of the reports I need to utilize are not available with the online. It would be great for a small home type business, but anything where intricate reports are needed or as stated, certified payroll or prevailing wages, are just not possible with the online version. We ended up going back to Quickbooks Desktop due to the certified payroll and job costing/mapping.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

We initially went with online so that we could log in from any device. Now, we have the enterprise solutions desktop and keep a "working company file" on usb drive and utilize accountant copies.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

We were trying to simplify our business by being able to log in mobile and from multiple devices. We switched back to desktop due to the reports that the online version does not offer.

Dan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great Product for Small Businesses

Our experience has overall been very good. The price is very reasonable and has made things easier to use. Also, it has saved our company a lot of time and made things very efficient.

PROS

I like how easy the product is to use. I find it very easy to navigate and figure out how to use different parts of the software. Also, I like that they are continuing to roll out new updates and features. For instance, they just rolled out a feature where they will automatically send out past due notice. This has helped save a lot of time and improved our AR drastically. I think all in all, it has a lot to like about the product.

CONS

I think the reporting can improve a lot. They do have Fathom reporting, but that seems hard to use. I would like for more straight forward reporting that is easier to use. I think their customer service could also improve. Whenever I have a questions, they always provide an answer, but it is not much help. It seems like they need more qualified individuals to help out with any questions you have.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

What had just purchased a new database system and QuickBooks Online interacts with that in real time. Before, we were having to double entry every one of our invoices. This has helped saved time drastically and made our processes a lot more efficient.

Benedict

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Being a user of QBO since 2009...

PROS

It is easy to use and intuitive user interface. I have to say that since 2009, there have been great improvements to the interface, and bank integrations are now available.

CONS

For the price point, there are many other similar software that you can get much better value for what you are paying. The bank syncing option while is good, is very clunky and takes too much time and gets dropped off very often. To be fair, it may be the bank systems but it is annoying as a user. There is also very limited options in customizing the template of your documents such as invoices, payment vouchers, receipts. As the world transits to online payments, the least QBO can offer is to allow the option to add QR code of your own respective bank on the Invoice to make payment easier for clients. But this feature is not available on QBO

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

It was recommended by my accountant. Now looking back since 2009 that I started using QBO, I should have changed ages ago to other software that gets better value for what you are paying. To be clear, I am a consultant & coach, and it is just meeting the basic expectations of what is needed. Perhaps for other industries, it may be better.

Mike

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Makes daily financial task super easy

QBO is a daily workhorse for me. Payroll is a breeze with direct deposit, reconciling now takes 2 seconds because of the bank feed, and it's easier to stay on top of my accounts and balances.

PROS

The integration with banking transactions is what I like the most about QBO. It makes daily entering so easy. The bank feed allows me to add transactions in real time to proper accounts. I don't need to remember to manually create expenses after making payments because I know it will be there tomorrow in QBO for me to add.

CONS

What I like least about QBO, is the inability to go back on mistakes the same way I could with the manual desktop version. In Quickbooks Desktop, I could easily change things like payroll or tax transactions if I made a mistake in the original entry. But with QBO, there are a lot of times I have to reach out to support to get them make changes in the back end.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

I chose QBO because Intuit was able to migrate my Quickbooks Desktop company to Quickbooks Online very easy.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Wanted to be able to access my books anywhere my accountant suggested it.

Reviewed June 2021

Quickbooks Online- The Easy Accounting Software

It is great accounting software for a small business. We are able to manage expenses, send invoices, run payroll, keep track of inventory and generally organize our books. Access to accounting information from anywhere anytime is a plus. It is fairly affordable and has a 30-day free trial.

PROS

The linking of the bank accounts makes reconciliation easy at the end of the month. The banking interface allows for the classifying of transactions which makes work easy for recurring transactions. The software integrated well with our existing business management software. Customers are able to make payments online easily. The ability to access the accounting information from anywhere comes in handy especially in these times when organizations are moving to remote working due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

CONS

The frequent upgrades sometimes make it difficult to find features that you have used previously. Customer support can do better in promptly assisting customers when an issue arises. If an error occurs in the original entry, correcting it is usually a lengthy process. You may have to contact customer support to do it from the back end.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Quickbooks Online is cloud-based, has more automation, and is easy to use as compared to Quickbooks Desktop which is locally installed and has a steep learning curve. Generally, Quickbooks online seemed more suitable for our business needs.

Nikki

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Get your Finances in Order Quickly!

Quickbooks Online has been a wonderful software to take my small business accounting to the next level! There is a bit of a learning curve to set up the customizable software and maximize it's use for your business. Once it's set, accounting is easy and quick. Running reports takes 5 seconds and you have all your accounting information at your fingertips with the mobile app!

PROS

Ability to access from anywhere! On my computer, on my phone, in the car, wherever I need it! Quick mobile receipt upload from your phone or computer! This allows me to quickly scan gas receipts or upload online purchase receipts to Quickbooks Online. Gone are the days of saying "what was that purchase for?" Not only can you upload receipts but they automatically tie to the bank account import. Easy to create reports! Ability to compare month to month or year to year. Can break down by categories or tags. Tax time made easy! My accountant had all the information they needed. I can link accountants to my Quickbooks Online so they can assist with quarterly payments, general questions via email/online or bookkeeping.

CONS

Quickbooks Online has a little bit of a learning curve. Since I had no prior experience with a formal accounting system, I signed up to add one of their pros to walk me through set up upon purchase. They helped get the bank account integrated and get everything moving the right direction. Due to the learning curve, there are plenty of resources online or within business organizations that can walk you through the ins and outs. Quickbooks Online is very customizable, but getting those custom items set up can feel overwhelming.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Excel document was homemade and I was not able to run reports. Quickbooks offers receipt upload and storage. It also allows me to run reports to better predict my future financials.

Ryan