Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I love how easy it is to use and the incredible customer service."
  • icon"Their layout on their visual dashboard and reports make it really easy to read and identify areas of growth in my salon."
  • icon"The client side of this interface is gorgeous, extremely useful and easy to use."
  • icon"There are important features missing, for example, not being able to change a ticket after the day is closed, ticket notes aren't available at checkout, some benchmark reports not available yet."
  • icon"We mainly had problems with the integration of all of our old data into the new system. Client formulas were not correct and inventory wasn't matching up at all."

Have you used Aura Salonware and would like to share your experience with others?

All Aura Salonware Reviews

Maggie

October 2022

Excellent

Pros

Aura helps to make the job of running my salon easier.

Cons

That I cannot see the entire week of all scheduled appointments at glance, as if looking at a paper Scheduling book.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

Wanted to check out what products were available.

Steffan

Industry: Cosmetics

Why Aura is the future for the modern salon!

Team has been great. Listened when we need help & always has an open ear to how the software can work better for our team.

Pros

I love the Aurora salon where has empowered my salon to not only go successfully front deskless, but also to raise our retail per client tickets to above $30. The text functionality of Aura is incredible, and has cut down on the amount of calls that we receive to the salon substantially therefore reducing the need for our concierge team to be tied to the phone. The built in review function allows for us to track how our team is doing, boost online reviews, and mitigate negative reviews ever reaching review platforms. The guests love the ease of it being able to text both service providers & the salon concierge. My favorite function is that Aura requires a card when booking and requires the guest to accept cancellation policies and redo policies before booking their appointment. This has saved us from losing countless amounts of dollars on late cancellations or no-shows. The dashboard function makes coaching stylists in monthly meetings easy and is great for visual representation of how they are doing in accordance to their goals. Having a one on one salon success partner through Aura instead of having to wait for hours on end to speak to someone in a support center has made a tremendous difference in the amount of wasted time and frustration when finding resolutions to challenges that we are having in the salon. I love that Aura as a team is here to listen to feedback from owners and find resolutions and implement new programs.

Cons

I'm excited for the future where guests are able to see loyalty points in app, salon scale integration, the ability to send sent campaigns to all clients, booking widget, & review widget.

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

Because the team comes from a place of never ending evolution. I believe the moment a person or business stops evolving is the moment they start to die.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

Hated support center, couldn't require a credit card to book, always having outages, outdated archaic software & salon operating systems.

Aurora

Beta could use some work

Looking forward to seeing the final result! It's a wonderful concept and will be greatly beneficial to clientele.

Pros

The client side of this interface is gorgeous, extremely useful and easy to use!

Cons

The salon side of the software could use additional features and functionality to be made easier to use.

Kalena

October 2022

Great Booking System and Salon Software

Pros

Easy to use, Self-Checkout feature, and unlimited support.

Cons

All softwares are not 100%. The company is always open for suggestions.

Elizabeth

We love it!

We have been Aura users for a few months now. The features on this system are things that our team has been trying to get into for years. Everyone on the team is super helpful. We are able to do so many things we couldn't before. It is clearly created by salon industry people, as they have skipped a lot of the fluff we had in different systems, while creating value and features where it counts.

Pros

1. We could never utilize online booking because we have different guests book for different amounts of time, but with Aura we are able to adjust each guest individually so all guests have the ability to book their appointments online without screwing up our stylists' schedules. 2. Stylists are able to see all of their numbers on their dashboard from their phones. Previously stylists had to look up reports to view these numbers, and they weren't easy to read, so I was pulling their reports for them. Now they can see their sales, retail percentages, add ons, and several other items quickly on their app dashboard. They are super user friendly. 3. As an owner, I absolutely love their payroll report - I'm now able to do payroll in 30 mins when it previously took me 2 hours. They calculate everything for you - including sliding scales, and are able to adjust per stylist for different levels, etc. It's fantastic.

Cons

1. Although customer service is very quick to answer, they do not have 24/7 customer service to call for immediate needs. 2. Learning curve of getting all our clients onto the app. 3. Although they show how to do everything in training, there is not a demo site or login to practice on while training staff.

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

They seemed to have all the features we had been wanting/needing, while being incredibly user friendly. They also were super responsive to our needs from the beginning, including the beginning our search for new software.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

We were experiencing a lot of glitches, as well as being unable to customize aspects of our clients' profiles in order to bring us up to date with options such as online booking. Although online booking is a main component of Mindbody, we were unable to use it due to the inability to adjust guests personally, so we could never roll out online booking before.

Derek

New to Aura

though there were some problems with integration, the software overall is easy to use and most of the problems have been fixed or are being worked on and troubleshot as we speak. The customer service is top notch and they bend over backwards to make it as easy and smooth as possible.

Pros

Smart booking and self checkin and checkout were the two biggest draws. also the two way texting with guests. integration was ok. mostly problems with the inventory being transferred correctly (still working on this) and not being up and running when we were supposed to go live.

Cons

we mainly had problems with the integration of all of our old data into the new system. client formulas were not correct and inventory wasn't matching up at all.

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

they were the one that didn't have all the additional costs for the add ons that we wanted. and it was an easy interface for guests to make their experience better and contactless

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

felt like they kept adding services and charging us for them even though the software was able to do it anyway. sick of spending upwards of $700 a month for software that didn't do everything we wanted in one service.

Christine

For Salons by Salons

Pros

This software is consistently improving and developing to support what salons need as the industry continues advancing. The team is always really supportive in finding solutions whenever needed. The dashboard has been great for our team to understand their business. Great software overall!

Cons

The benchmarking/reporting piece of the software doesn't lend for customization. We have had some challenges with reports showcasing the proper numbers. We would love to see the dashboard integrate goals for each team member to track their business.

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

It is for salons, by salons! Simplicity while continuing to innovate.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

Severe challenges with reporting, booking and reliability.

Tiffiny

February 2022

Aura Support

Since bringing on Aura we have worked with a number of people- They have a great Customer Service repin [SENSITIVE CONTENT] currently! Having a key person to go to when changing software programs is essential to the success.

Pros

Ease of use for the client- the customer facing aspect of the system is great

Cons

Having to go to their team for things such as mass pricing updates-wish we could do it

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

When in the presentation processes Meevo is extremely respectful of the "user" how to and functionality. Aura was extremely impressive in that the entire presentation was about the client experience.

cost and functionality

Erica

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Aura helped turn my business around

The company it’s self is ran by a salon owner, so they really understand what our need is in the industry right now!! I’m forever grateful that I transitioned.

Pros

I love this software! After bouncing between different softwares, I finally found my home with Aura. They literally thought of everything that a salon app needs. They made it easy for my clients to prebook through their mobile apps while taking off the stress from my front desk. Their layout on their visual dashboard and reports make it really easy to read and identify areas of growth in my salon. The revenue I’ve been able to bring in through their automated client reminders has also been a huge blessing. My stylist love it!

Cons

Like any software it takes practice and time to adjust. But, their onboarding and support team are extremely patient and supportive through the transition.

Keri

February 2022

Aura Lover

Great

Pros

We love the state of the art features and the customer support

Cons

They are a newer company and some features could be developed to make guest check out easier.

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

Ease of use and features

Needed features

Naomi

March 2022

Good Software

Pros

My staff likes how you are able to access the software from any device at any given time.

Cons

There are some features that may be missing that make it easier for everyday salon usage like editing a transaction after is is processed as long as it is done on the same day.

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

Our owners decided to make the switch.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

Our owners decided to make the switch.

Steven

It's True Built for Salons by Salons

My overall experience with Aura has been very positive. I cant imagine, considering todays current market a salon without Aura.

Pros

Aura Salonware is truly intuitive. With each new release, updates are added to make my job as a stylist more efficient. Tools like Smart Booking, Client self check in and checkout allow me to move from client to client effortlessly and on time.

Cons

I use Aura Salonware exclusively on my phone. While I actively find ways to spend less time on my phone to be more present, Aura allows me to book clients fast and efficiently.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

I introduced my salon [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to Aura. The program we used previously was outdated and did not seem relevant to todays current way of doing business within a salon. If your salon uses an outdated software give Aura a call to schedule a demo. You won't be sorry.

Very User Friendly

Customer service is great and the support is amazing. I get most of my questions answered very quickly and our support rep is almost always available. Weekly meetings once or twice a week with our support rep and they are very responsive to our requests for improved features!

Pros

This is very Stylist/Technician friendly and most important it's very easy for the guests to use! I love that the guests can upload pictures, you can create a in salon loyalty program!

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

Lack of support and technology upgrade was terrible and not user friendly at all.

Melissa

Excellent Customer Service

Aura has the best customer service! They are so fast at replying normally within minutes or hours! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this software and I LOVE that they listen to our wants and make updates so quickly. THAT IS RIGHT THEY LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! Just go head and get it, you won't be disappointed!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the incredible customer service!

Cons

There is a few reports that I would like to see for the punch clock and inventory. But we asked and they are working on getting them for us

Reasons for choosing Aura Salonware

Cost and that is was easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Aura Salonware

Lack of support and not all the sites were linked.

Stefanie