All Rosy Reviews

Steve

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Had Rosy Salon Software for 3 different nail salons, never disapointed.

The system is great and they have a very responsive customer service line. Definitely the best salon software system I have had the past 20+ years of working in the nail salon industry. Would definitely recommend.

PROS

It is incredibly flexible for almost near anything you can think of. Able to send text reminders, online scheduling, email, can add your own services, easily navigatable, can provide different kinds of reports that you need. Not only I am happy with it, but most of my clients are happy with it as well. We have also referred to some of our friends to use this software, they also love it. They also have a ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL that you can play and experiment with BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT. Great for new salon/spa type business to try.

CONS

Sometimes the text messaging system texts the customer's appointment time based on their second or third service instead of the first service they have that day, but its a small minor detail that doesn't affect us too much.

Beth

Reviewed July 2018

Rosy is by far the best Salon / Beauty Industry Booking Software available today.

PROS

Rosy provides a robust platform all delivered via the cloud thereby not necessitating any equip. purchases by clients. The platform includes, booking, marketing, eCommerce, reporting and sales transactions functionality. All of these functions are amazing. The reporting though stands out and allows our team to have a visibility into our business which previously was unavailable. This information allows our management to make more informed and timely business decisions. This allows our team to move forward and meet or exceed our business goals!

CONS

As with all technology, there are always new features or changes which you would like to have in any platform. The Rosy management and customer support teams are very receptive to new ideas for the platform. However timing of any updates or new features must fit into a roadmap which sometimes doesn't allow the update to be made as quickly as you would like. This is normal though.

Kimberly

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

If you're looking for support, look elsewhere

Overall, Rosy was a decent program which failed to truly fine tune it's core services before trying to add on a lot of other features.

PROS

A very customizeable salon software system. Ability to change timing for different services and providers, and color coding options were nice but not overwhelming. Extensive reports. Great email marketing which included premade templates and easy way to select the custoemrs to receive the email campaign and tracking.

CONS

Reports all pulled and displayed data differently. Some would add odd things into names like "new request" which made compiling data a pain as you had to clean up each report to match another to compare information. Customer support was close to nonexistant, and every problem you had was essentially "your fault, not the software" and more often than not resulted in a work around to do a basic task. Outdated appearance. Confusing menus for settings. Software was regularly nonresponsive or completely down for random amounts of time in the middle of the day. Terrible when your whole software is cloud based. Inventory was always a mess - not a perpetual system and if there was ever a time where your inventory dipped into the negatives due to an error, it would disregard that when receiving more inventory in the future through an order.

karyn

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Awesome product!

Oh my goodness! This software rocks and has pretty much everything I need for my business. It is intuitive, easy to use and look at, you don't get nickel and dime for every extra, the extra marketing package is well worth the money (great client feedback, especially regarding text reminders), and customer support is always helpful. The only two cons I've run into, and have mentioned to the support team, are that you have to print out a separate receipt and hand it to your customers to fill in the tip amount (which I feel is presumptuous and rude) and then print another for them to sign. In an industry that often, but not always involves gratuity, that just seems rather pressuring. The other is that there is no option to build in check out/cleanup time with appointments. There is a processing time option, but no way to add cleanup time without your clients thinking that their 60 min facial is now 75 minutes, like what their reminders tell them. Those are the only two downfalls I've found to date, but I can work around those issues until they are fixed. I highly recommend Rosy! I don't have to log on and off every time I want to use the system, have it running on iPads and Macs and PC's with no issues or delays in processing or loading, and can also have clients securely store their cc info for future bookings, phone orders, and cancellation fees. I love Rosy!

PROS

Everything! Easy to use, easy to program, easy to run from multiple devices in multiple locations, never have an issue signing on, POS system rocks. My life has been made so much easier with Rosy!

CONS

Not a fan of handing clients a tip worksheet and then a separate receipt to sign for credit card payments, no way to build in cleanup/checkout times into services. Otherwise, that's it.

Mandy

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Love Rosy!

Rosy is such a great software. We wanted something that was cloud based and easy to use-and Rosy is! We switched from three different softwares before we found Rosy, and after using it for 5 minutes I knew this was the one. The stylists LOVE it because it's so user friendly and they didn't have to spend hours learning how to use it. They learned how to use it in 5 minutes! Customer support is amazing, they are always there to answer even the littlest of questions. They are always upgrading too, so Rosy gets even better all the time. We are a high end, fast paced salon and Rosy has been a lifesaver. We highly recommend it for your salon software!

PROS

Easy to use. Has a variety of reports. Cloud based, you can access anywhere. Online booking. Customer support.

CONS

No option to confirm through text message reminders. Wish you could customize payment options to add other ones for different coupons we offer.

Aubrey

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

I would not recommend this company

Dont use them

PROS

It's easy to use and price is good . Anyone can use it

CONS

Its hard to get anyone to call you back in a timely manner. They told me to do my credit card processing through another company and then as soon as we got it set up just 25 days later, Rosy discontinued working with that company (for good reasons) and refuse to help me get out of my current contract which is around $750, or get me a new machine through them and want me to pay another $500 for a machine either up front or monthly . They are not transparent, nor helpful and refuse to let me speak with anyone else. I am very disturbed by this and think so many salons are probably going out of business right now, if i were the manager or owner of this company, it quickly rectify the situation and give us a new machine, no questions and no arguments ! They were zero help setting up the last machine and have been so slow to reply on getting a new one, its been just awful ! Dont use them

Rebekah

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Best salon software I have used

I have been a cosmetologist for 13 years and owned a salon for 11. I have used several different salon softwares and Rosy has by far been my favorite. It is very easy to use both from a desktop and mobile device. It allows me to track my stylists services and reports very easily, in return saving me time. The customer service is the best I have experienced not only in the software I have used but in general. They are very helpful whenever you need it. I love that my stylists can have as little or as much access to many different options with this program. I could go on about this program and have referred many other stylists to it also!

PROS

How easy it is to use for anybody

CONS

The way the credit card receipts print

Susan

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Convenient appointment booking

Rosy sends my clients a reminder of their appointment which cuts down the number of no shows that I have

PROS

Before I used Rosy, i carried a bulky appointment book in my purse everywhere I went. I needed to be prepared to book appointments at all times. With Rosy all I need is my smart phone and the rosy app. Now I can carry any size purse. I like the convenience of the app

CONS

I can’t say that I dislike anything about this software. They have thought of every option to fit my needs

Tracy May

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

One Of the Best Softwares Out There! Highly Recommended.

I am an owner of a small salon and honestly, I don’t know what I would have done without ROSY.I have been using ROSY since 2010 and never had any issues at all. It is a very affordable software and they are always upgrading and improving the program.ROSY made my life and my client’s life a thousand times easier. I LOVE ROSY!! I recommend anyone in the beauty industry to try it out!

PROS

Very easy to use and always upgrading and improving the software.

CONS

Nothing I can think of right now. I just love it.

Jacob

Reviewed February 2018

We love Rosy

PROS

Rosy is the lifeblood of our business (aside from staff, that is). It is dependable, and robust, and we love that we no longer have to worry about our Salon management software working, or about staff having a difficult time learning it. It is a must for all small salons and spas.

CONS

My only complaint would be that the reporting is somewhat lacking. I wish there were more ways to view the data online, rather than having to export large data sets just to get at what I want.

Lynn

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2017

Easiest, most user friendly spa software out there!

I had come from a spa that used Millennium, and that was such a confusing program, and because it was installed into our mainframe, we had various problems and times when we were without service. It was also impossible to log in anywhere else without using a program such as GoToMyPC, and that was an additional expense. When I left to open up my own spa in 2013, I had done some research and the did a trial of Rosy. I was instantly sold. And it just keeps getting better and better.

PROS

The ease of use, and the ability to login from home, my smart phone or tablet!

CONS

There's not much I don't like but I wish there was a way to perform both a return and a new purchase in the same transaction.

Rebekah

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reasons to love rosy

I have been using Rosy since I became an independent studio stylist. It has all the features I need to keep track of my business and track successes.

PROS

Being able to keep track of guests product purchases, track appointments, and formulas. Automatic appointment reminders!

CONS

Importing products/retail is not intuitive. Takes too long to add different sizes of the same product.

Erica

Reviewed January 2018

So glad I switched

PROS

It was easy to switch since the staff did the transfer for us. Its much cheaper than the competitor we were using. The software is easy to learn. And we love the cloud based appointment book that is awesome since I dont have to worry about carrying it around. Their customer service is also friendly and easy to get a hold of.

CONS

I dont like that I have to pay extra to make appointments for a room/resource thats not being manned by a person.

Tina

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Great Software for POS

I switched to Rosy Salon Software over a year ago. The customer support team made the move smoothly from my old software to Rosy. Customer service scores a 10. They are very knowledgeable and go the extra mile to make sure your questions are answered/resolved. The program is easy to navigate and a great tool for any business.

PROS

Easy navigation and great customer service

CONS

We are not able to sell gift certificates through this program. It is helpful for a spa to offer gift certificate and have the ability to email to the client.

Crystal

Reviewed October 2017

Makes my life so much easier

PROS

When people want to schedule something with me at the most random times I can check my schedule right then and there without having to get back to them another day. Some people get impatient and just go somewhere else, it's even worse when they come to me afterwards and I have to fix a bad dye job or haircut. And if something comes up last minute I can check my appointments and contact my clients to reschedule.

Trina

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Makes my salon management easy

PROS

I love Rosy. I have been using this software since 2009. It helps me run my salon easily it is a very reliable and helpful tool.

CONS

I love everything about this software. It’s easy to use and has amazing features.

Robert

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Why clients need to receive multiple messages when booking only for one appointment???

Bad

PROS

Not sure any more after losing Extremely frustrated clients

CONS

New tip messages for one appointment. Confuse clients result in losing clients!!!

Jacob