All Slick for Salon Reviews

stuart

Reviewed February 2022

Just a breeze to use

From the moment i signed up was just a pure ease, i had my doubts on it at first, but none of the clients new that we had changed over, which for me was amazing to hear. The online booking is just a breeze to use and clients are loving it, the set and forget marketing is so easy to set up, you simply forget you have it running in the background. all the text features are fabulous too. I also love the interaction with our social media posts from you guys.

PROS

I love all the features, and that your always adding new ones all the time. the ease of the online booking is a godsend, clients are loving all the text features

CONS

the only feature i would like to see is the ability to create a bundle feature, where a client can purchase a bundle of treatments & pay for, then on each visit it gets deducted from their account rather having to do it manually

Reason for choosing Slick for Salon

the slick rep popped to show me the software, frim first glace i was hooked, i don't need to leave the main pc on at the salon at the end of the day, its all cloud based, which goes over to all our devices seamlessly. The pure ease of the software to navigate around is so simple

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

The cost was a huge factor in my decision to move over to slick, and the format was easier to navigate. and each time you bring out new features we don't have to move on to a larger package and costing more.

Get Slick, Get it now!

Very good. Feedback is always taken on board. Any issues are always resolved or explained very quickly.

PROS

so many features i like, easy to use ( most of the time), great reporting, marketing availability, on line booking, free text reminders, good lay out

CONS

You can't view a week for more than 1 stylist. would love to be able to see 2 or 3 ( yes its crowded) You cant find a free spot without looking at each individual each day. ( an on line booking type function would work well to find the earliest appointment available for that service) It doesn't flag similar clients or duplicates.

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Cliniko was expensive. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] came to see us to demonstrate and talk about Slick and she sold it 100%

Thank you for your ideas Sarah especially around using the online booking tool to find free slots. Regarding duplicates, Slick automatically identifies exact duplicates currently and the marketing system automatically filters out duplicates. We will be expanding the duplicate client filter to pick up lookalike clients soon.

Stephen

Reviewed March 2019

Promising, but a way to go

We took slick as a replacement for our previous cloud based software, and while it offers limited functionality, we have had issues with invoicing, appointments, prices being changed with no apparent reason. Let’s see if the long awaited updates solve some of these issues

PROS

The software is simple and straightforward, and clear

CONS

There is a lack of functionality, and updates to increase this do not happen as advertised. We are still awaiting key features, like stoc control and more reporting

Carrie

Slick

PROS

Cost, ease of use, colour coded treatments, reports

CONS

Doesn't work with till receipt. Vouchers cant be added to clients account and when paying by voucher it adds it to the totals making it look like you've taken more. It actually accounts for the voucher amount twice which isn't good for the accounts and I was told to discount the service which then doesn't make the staff total correct

Reason for choosing Slick for Salon

Price and at the time it was online help at weekends too (although I have had questions answered at weekends on the chat)

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Price. I salon kept crashing, could access i salon from home

Thank you for your feedback Carrie. As part of our drive to minimise our environmental impact, we only offer email receipts to cut down on in-salon paper usage. The team will reach out to you to clear up the vouchers. Regarding our support, we do still offer weekend live chat support so if you are stuck at the weekend, please do get in touch as the team are here waiting to help!

Julia

Reviewed August 2021

Toe Dipping !

Brilliant have felt help is at hand all times have dip our toes into this technology and love it so much we now do on line bookings! slick guided us through this process at sixty yrs old I feel I can keep up with the younger generation moving the salon forward s is most important. I would recommend Slick everytime.

PROS

The. Reminders for appointments we saw a a fall in no shows straight away. Customers love the reminders.

CONS

At first it kept encouraging us to send messages to get clients that have not been back we didn’t for well over a year but when we did it always created a appointment or two so is worth doing . It updates a lot but these are needed sometimes they are annoying but usually ok

Reason for choosing Slick for Salon

The sales staff brilliant friendly took their time didn’t rush us . The price was great too.

Kathy

Reviewed January 2021

Loving using slick so far!

The experience we have had with slick has been great since we first enquired. All the guys have been great and are always there to help. Wish we would of found them earlier!

PROS

Easy to use, amazing customer support. Great functionality. Feels like a family.

CONS

I think Till integration would be amazing. More in depth consultation forms Skin test section ( flags up they haven’t or that they are due for one)

Reason for choosing Slick for Salon

Felt like a much better fit and the features where so straight forward

Didn’t like the set up

The consultation forms can be customised and we have recently launched updated templates- the support team will be in touch to show you! Thank you for the comments re skin tests- this is something we have in the pipeline for you!!

Replied February 2021

Beverley

Reviewed July 2020

Slick salon software

A great value system with the all important text reminders. Great customer service & follow up.

PROS

Great value, easy to use, cloud based so can view & use anywhere. iPad set up nice & compact. Email receipts. Text reminders. Deposit facility without checking the ticket off. Colour coding of treatments. App to input products with barcodes really quick to use.

CONS

View on mobile phone not as good as on iPad or pc.

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Package including text reminders too expensive & felt ripped of by them when I had computer issues & they would only give me 3 days of my diary even though they could see all of my bookings. Had to buy the updated system in the end even though I’d purchased the system outright in the first place. Cost me a fortune!

Thank you Beverley! Glad to hear you are loving Slick and the customer support!

Replied July 2020

Shaun

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Amazing piece of software, constantly being updated with new great features. Would recommend Slick

I’ve had many issues of not understanding certain aspects of the software, but with the online chat these issues have been resolved promptly by the Slick team. Overall I give Slick software 5 stars and the online team 5 stars

PROS

Ease of use, great editing features. Cloud based

CONS

Most of my issues I had at the beginning has now been addressed with software update’s. Very progressive

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Cost and and overall experience of my demo day with Slick

Linda

Reviewed March 2021

Slick is an affordable salon booking software that is easy to use & looks good.

PROS

Very easy to use & had plenty of features

CONS

Not easy to go backwards in the calendar

More appealing

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Phorest became far too expensive

Kerry

Slick review

Data is amazing. I can tell at the touch of a button how many clients I have, the services they like, the offers I can do etc. I also love the new online booking system. We have gained new clients through this. All the team members are amazing and they only want the best for your business and for you to grow your business. So happy with Slick.

PROS

I can contact them any time, day or night and always get an answer within minutes. Ease of use. Very easy to go from one system to another. All the team are very helpful and don't make you feel as though you are a bother.

CONS

There needs to be a way I can access everyones email addresses to do a full client email shot. Now more than ever I need to keep clients updated on products and services. Can't keep doing text messages as this is not always cost effective. I also need to merge client record details...When a client uses our online booking platform the system creates a new record card. I'd like to be able to merge them together again.

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Isalon was very expensive and I felt my salon didn't need as many functions. I also had to make a phone call every time something went wrong.

kendra

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Get slick or get left behind!!

Direct client contact is great using the text messaging service & marketing feature. Running reports for staff to manage their own progress is super simple.

PROS

Slick is the best salon software we have used to date. Its features are super easy to use, client contacting & marketing are so simple. They are evolving all of the time, making the system fool proof.

CONS

Deposits to be taken on selected services rather than all services, our barbers use the system for booking but take their own payments so having deposits on everything makes it too confusing. would love to see a client loyalty scheme intergrated.

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

We were approached by L'Oreal to try it & were unhappy with the system we were using. Their roadmap of features were something we were looking for in a system to help manage all areas of the business

Thank you Kendra and thank you for all the great ideas and input you give which effectively means Slick is built by salons for salons!

Sass

Reviewed September 2020

Slick

Overall I have had no problem with slick. Great communication from the team at slick

PROS

So easy to use by staff and clients. A great system all round.

CONS

I really can’t find anything I don’t like about the product.

Cost

Glad you love the system Sass! We love having you as part of the team

Replied September 2020

Jason

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

My favourite software to use

The customer services slick provide are the best you will find. The team are amazing and great to talk to, they reply to all questions with great time and in my experience at all times of day and night haha. I do appreciate all the hard work they do for us and thank them for making my working day easier to manage with this software. And the software is amazing too everything you may need under one program. If you are wondering about getting slick, just do it! you will never look back nor will you be looking at any other software again.

PROS

This software is amazing. You can do so much with it from making appointments, to keeping track of you income and stock. It is very simple to use. It took me only a few days to get to know the software and after that I never looked back.

CONS

I have to say there is nothing I don’t like about this software, everything I need in a software for my business is all in one place with slick. I’ve been using it for just under a year and i have never been unhappy with the software nor the customer care.

Rosie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Slick is amazing

Time management, stock management , ease of use has made my working day simpler and so much more efficient. The support from the team is perfect.

PROS

Slick has changed my hairdressing business so much. I love everything about this product and all at a great affordable price. Really nice looking, simple to use, it has made my life so much easier. The support from the team is always a click away and response time is so fast. Booking appointments is easy. All prices and timings are there so the work is done for you (inc development time). Clients get a receipt which is great as they have a breakdown of all services they are paying for. I love the stock management feature too. The scanning stock in and out is so simple, stocktake now takes moments as it does the calculating for you. The reports section is great, everything in categories makes running my business so easy. I could not live without Slick. Thank you to the Slick team for your continued support. Slick is the best by far.

CONS

I think an email confirmation after making an appointment in the salon would be great. Also consultation forms that are signable by the client. There is nothing I dislike, I just feel the above would make it perfect.

Anna

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Salon software feedback

PROS

user friendly, updated regularly, because it is online you can log in from anywhere

CONS

Small glitch in the system that does not allow you to only view active stylists need to have a patch test alert before booking colours the client area needs to be more user friendly

Kate

Reviewed August 2020

Fantasic!

Great customer service, really helpful, accommodating to various business needs and offers great support.

PROS

So easy to use with a very clear layout

CONS

Can be very occasional slow to use and load

Reasons for switching to Slick for Salon

Lots of problems using this software

Amie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Very happy user

PROS

I love how this program takes me to another level of professionalism especially working as a self employed therapist. It allows me to Understand and grow my business. My clients love it as they get their appointment reminders and I’m able to store information to give them the very best ongoing treatment. Whenever I do have questions the slick team answer ASAP every time.

CONS

Would love to have an app to make it more accessible.

Price and ease of use