• Pros

• "Easy to use and teach. Great technical support"

• "Ease of use. The technical service representative was excellent. Very professional and fixed my problem very fast."

• "It’s easy to use! Has wonderful features and color designs "

• Cons

• "Software is easy to use, however, the most recent version has a white background which can be hard on the eyes. "

• "There are bugs and at times its cumbersome. Not funtional for our payroll as ours is different. But it still provides the accurate numbers we need to figure it out"

• "The many functions takes time to weed through and learn but support is very helpful answering questions "

Browse Super Salon Reviews

Andy from Human Resources

Vendition Process With a new neophyte franchisee

Outstanding - it is clear to me that the SuperSalon Team is hear to kick some butt,

Pros

The vendition was well planned out - from inception to completion - Beginning with representatives planning the transaction to completion. The transitioning SuperSalon has been nothing short of incredible - every machine has come up on time - Outstanding Job

Cons

Connecting The Brother Printer has been difficulyn

Robert from Matador Men’s Grooming

New computer tech support

Overall it has been good. The issues arise when urgent tech-support is needed and sometimes the company seems to be understaffed. That said I’ve just had tech-support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help set up two new computers and install SuperSalon. He was extremely helpful and accommodated and thorough. He double checked everything was working properly including receipt paper, credit card transaction, and register drawer. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an asset to your company

Pros

Variety of reports and all the saved historical data

Cons

Sometimes seems to be a bit complicated and not user-friendly

Reasons for Choosing Super Salon

I’ve been using SuperSalon for over 11 years now. The historical data keeps me tied to the company. This said, Price is becoming an issue so from time to time I look at alternatives

Jeff from Cthulhu Hair Inc

SuperSalon is not ready for a production release

I am unfamiliar with the competition, but I would strongly recommend anyone to look around and seriously consider all other options first. Even if those options are more expensive. I have wasted a significant portion of my time daily since May 15 (today is June 11) trying to get basic functionality to consistently work. Seriously, I'm being fair, not petty or bitter. THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT ISSUES WITH THE SYSTEM. I wish ProPoint management was more sympathetic to what we're going through and less antagonistic.

Pros

The Tier I / Tier II support personnel are outstanding. They've bent over backwards to try to make a dysfunctional system work. Without them there's no way we'd even have a functional solution.

Cons

Buggy. Features that don't work. Counter-intuitive. Little training. Poorly documented. No QA. Look & feel (design) is from the 1990s. iOffice doesn't mirror functionality , nor the layout (look & feel). KB does not contain information on anything I search for. Can't make global changes. Sync from iOffice corrupts destination salons. Prompting to check the EULA box in iOffice each time is an intentional waste of time. Storing passwords in clear text is a violation of cyber security best practice. Logging into clients systems without their knowledge or approval is another cyber security violation. No consistency (e.g., some menus are alphabetical, some are not). No ability to log into instance remotely (must use iOffice, which has less functionality and is dissimilar). Configuration screens contain options not related to my salon (i.e., shoe shine category), but no way to configure or remove. Some permissions don't work when set to GREEN those permissions must be set to GREY (but no warning, no guidance). No context sensitive help. Scroll wheel doesn't work (must hit up and down buttons). Some options must be cancelled (hit a red X) in order to be enabled; other options are the opposite. Custom help URL but doesn't actually work. I am a PMP, Scrum Master, ITIL Expert, and certified Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) with technical solution experience on three continents. All in all, this is the worst designed solution I've seen in production in three decades.

Sara from Supercuts (80490)

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Today we had some technical difficulties that we were unable to solve ourselves. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was our support rep and he was able to quickly and efficiently resolve our issues. He went above and beyond to ensure all issues had been corrected to prevent future disruptions. He was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, and gave exceptional customer service!

Pros

SuperSalon is easy to use and keeps our business running smoothly!

Cons

Currently, I do not have any cons at this time.

casey from Azkin inc

Estenban Vega helped me solve a major problem

Good to excellent. Everything g is resolved within 24 hours most of time and they have teams with varying degrees of knowledge to escalate problems to so that helps give me a peace of mind

Pros

Lots of functions. Can customize. Tracks a lot of money in different ways so you can find the mistakes

Ron from Roosters MGC

Good people; bad response time

Good and bad

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] just helped me through a complete crash of my computer and SSAlon. While I scrambled to find a replacement computer, she patiently worked with me to get SSalon up and running. Her knowledge and skills were amazing. I'm a computer idiot and she never seemed impatient or frustrated with my lack of help.

Cons

When my computer crashed, I, and my computer tech, tried numerous times to contact SSalon with our need for help. He called and was put on waiting for so long that SSalon hung up on him twice! I called and left my number but never was contacted. I finally contacted someone in the Regis corp to vent my frustration before anyone contacted me from SSAlon. Over the years I have defended SSalon's support when other franchisees have made it clear of their dissatisfaction with SSalon but now I am beginning to understand some of their concerns.

Reasons for Choosing Super Salon

I had to. Regis required me to.

Marsha from DB CUTS

Super Salon Review

Usually positive

Pros

The above and beyond assistance [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided us over 8 hours while we had to connect a Substitute cpu that was down

Cons

Lacks many features that are common with software.

Sabrina from Supercuts

Supercuts Support

Easy and profession.

Pros

Everything handled over the phone and done by tech.

Cons

No cons. Overall process was smooth.

April from American salon group

Super salon

We were having some issues with our printer connected to our super salon [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond to help get it fix. The higher up tech couldn't figure it out [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]worked hard when the rest gave up and fixed it for us!

Pros

Fast and easy to use. Easy to follow and trouble shoot for the most part

Cons

When our computer updated it messed up our printer

Shahid from Perfect Salon

General Daily usage

It is OK

Pros

Check in system for customers very convenient and easy and give all information from check in to service of customers

Cons

Can not do two task from same window you have to exit sale window and sign it again to do inventory or any set up or check any report. ALSO CAN NOT SKIP STYLIST SELECTION FROM CHECK IN COMPUTER

Gerrry from MAGICUTS

Payroll/Admin

Rafael very helpful in fixing the problem we had with the computer. He walk me through so I had an understanding of what I need to do to assist him. He took my call at the salon when I brought out the computer so he could connected it to high speed for me. I give Rafaeal a 10+++ for his help in fixing the problem and his excellent customer service!!!!! As for your receptionist they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. Rude when you ask a question either they ignore you or will not give you an answer. I would have to say hello because the phone line sounded dead and they would come back sarcastic to you "I'm still here" Here are 2 responses I got in one day from your receptionist: I ask how many people are in front of me so I have an idea how long it would be refused to tell me. Here is the other one both in the same day: I was told I was 9th on the list called back about 1.5hrs later to see where I was in the Q was now told I was 15 I was bumped down because they decided that my call wasn't important. I had a virus had to get another computer needed to get it up and running and needed to get the information from the salon inputted onto the computer so the staff can get paid and know our sales. When Matt owned the company never had this problem in the pass only since it has been sold. I told your receptionist that they have very poor customer service skills. They are your front line to your business they are there to help the customer not make them upset or angry.

Pros

I can get the info off of it I need to payroll. Track my sales and inventory and it is user friendly.

Cons

nothing

GALILEE from CHARLOTTE ROUGE HAIR SPA

BEYOND INCREDIBLE!!!

WORKING WIHT OUR REP HAS MADE OUR LIVES EASY AND STRESS FREE!!!! HE IS SUCH AN ASSET TO SUPERSALON. in the 10 years we have had supersalon he is by far the most knowledgeable tech we have ever worked with and what a blessing that HES THE ONE WE GOT THE DAY OF TRANSITION, RESTORING AND REBOOTING!!! AMAZING:)

Pros

WE WILL ALWAYS REQUEST OUR REP!!!! WOW our computers and software are original from 2009.... they crashed and our rep was our superstar!!! He assisted us in in crazy delicate process and got us back up and running:)!! We have always had wonderful experience with super salon software and are super excited to be using the software and not the 2009 version:)

Cons

perhaps its how we use the software but we would like for the check out process to separate the tickets.... in other words if a client is booked for hair services and spa services whoever takes the client first all the services ring up under that employee..... so we have to remove the spa service entirely, check out the client under the hair stylist, then add the client back to the appt book and check her out again...… also Is there a tab that tells you what each stylist sells for product? in the old version we would have to go thru every transaction and write down each individuals product sales for the month

March 2016

Michael from LockerRoom

March 2016

We have been using the software for a year and we are very busy salon.

Pros Excellent reporting - Everyday day it seems like we find a new report we like. If your coming from another software I think your going to like SuperSalon reporting. You can run a report on just about anything you like. Easy to use for Stylist and Barbers - We love that a lot stylist or barbers already know the system so little training is needed. Even when they don't know the system we have them up and running in no time. This saves a lot money in training. Customer Service- is outstanding coming from Salon Iris where they never answered the phone. SuperSalon has always got back to us right way. Kory Lamme our favorite tech has always followed up with us and let us know what our status been on our tickets. It's nice knowing that your ticking is being worked on and getting status updates gives us a piece of mind. Added bonus a lot of new hires will already know your system so little training is needed. We needed a Software that could handle both walk-ins and appointments at high volume and SuperSalon meets those needs. Our customers love the Salon Check-in and the Online-Checkin I am so glad Jennifer Teague talked me into getting Salon Check-in when we first started it was the best investment ever. I also like that Jennifer still keeps in touch with us. Cons- The system does has some software bugs and the customers services has always been outstanding but instead of adding new features it would be nice if they would correct the bugs they have. Example of bug we have anyone can open a cash drawer with out entering password. (makes it easy for theft) We have been trying to get the permissions fixed for over year now. Our problem may be isolated problem but I want you to know major repairs move slow. Our problem is not a system wide issue but I wanted to show example so you understand things can move slow. After using the software for over a year overall we are happy with it. We are about to open up more stores we have looked at other software companies but their is nothing that even comes close to compare with it and we feel confident that SuperSalon will be able to handle our growth.. Also I know SuperSalon will get our bugs fixed. My wife is a senior web developer so we understand the process it just takes time. And when you have great customer service from Kory Lamme and Jennifer Teague our sales associate that goes long way and so we can handle the growing pains to a point. They need more Senior Developers

July 2016

Craig from Supercuts

July 2016

Working with SuperSalon to resolve BrightSign network issues.

I worked with Arik Trejos to resolve issues we had with the BrightSign unit at Supercuts. The interesting part was this never worked from the time the store opened about six weeks ago. As such, things has changed in the environment and when I was brought in, they were looking for someone to figure out what was happening. I ended up figuring out that someone programmed the Brightsign unit on a different IP subnet than they did for everything else on the network. Through working with Arik Trejos, he had to try multiple adjustments to the configuration, including doing a factory default. The USB thumb drive had to be unplugged from the BrightSign and into the POS computer about eight different times in order to finally get this working. Arik did a really nice job, was very helpful and went out of his way to resolve our problem. We wouldn't have been able to get this working without him.

Pros

Once the BrightSign is setup correctly and linked to the POS system, it just worked. I tested the application on my iPhone and verified the screen updates the waiting list as it should. In addition, the news feed scrolls along the bottom.

Cons

The staff who came and did the in-store implementation most likely screwed up the install by programming the IP address incorrectly. I realize they needed the store to be linked up to the online application that facilitates online check-ins. Still though, I would think when Supersalon installed the POS system they would have a process to test the functionality of manually queuing up a few customers and seeing if they showed up on the waiting list screen, powered by BrightSign. Due to them not doing this, we had to spend hours on the phone with support, multiple times, before this was resolved. The fact that it never worked to begin with is troubling and hopefully this will raise awareness to the person responsible for the in-store installs so they can do a better job in the future.

Anna from Bichonne LLC

Easy to use so far!

Customer database that syncs between all locations; gift certificate records synced between all locations; ease of use; multiple report functionalities; customizable to fit our needs.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up, needed a little assistance from the installation team ~ Rep got everything set up from Check-in Software to credit terminal set up in one go and was very accommodating with scheduling us for our second location. Rep was very insightful with on-boarding; she answered a lot of questions for us & provided us with the confidence we needed to switch to SuperSalon. Our Software Trainer has also been very accommodating and patient with us in training since we only have one Manager that oversees all of the locations. Overall, each member has been an incredible asset in switching us over.

Cons

After on-boarding, there were not clear, definitive instructions or guidance to what we needed to do next. We had to reschedule with rep 3 times because we didn't know we were supposed to be in contact with someone from installation. I've brought up to all 3 staff members that assisted us that we're still missing a package and no one has gotten back to me about it (still missing it 1 month later). I don't like that they will charge you for each location of training when the staff in both location is the same, but rep did explain to us why. We haven't started using the system yet; we're waiting to import our gift certificate records to the system, which I just sent over a file and winged it since no one has told me how they wanted it formatted. There is an overall lost of communication that I hope will improve for future clients.

Ginger from Supercuts

Hidden treasure

Diana miller has been an amazing assistance to our franchise. I am computer challenged and get easily frustrated trying to use the super salon system. She spent so much time today breaking it down piece by piece. Helping me learn different parts of the back office I had no idea how to use. Her knowledge of salons helped tremendously in showing me what to look for. How to cross reference things and how to find what I was looking for. I only wish I had known about her 5 years ago when we first got the systems in our salons. We have only been using the most basic things with the system but with the information she gave me today I can effectively keep up with my inventory starting 2017 off right. I can't wait for our next over the phone tutoring session! I have so much to learn!! I feel like I struck gold! Thank you so much for helping us!

Pros

The ability to cross check everything that goes on, along with having live feed access

Cons

Needs a better user guide. Stylists are very visual people. We need a step by step program to show us exactly what we are looking for.

Jon from Roosters PTC

Simplistic but effective for the most part. Notification of "local" downtime not apparent to user

Pros

Simple to use, abundant reports, integration into the sales reporting. Propoint is a very robust tool, but for a business that uses the scheduling aspect, it is not always user-friendly as there is no indication of when it is down for the customer. Very easy to navigate, screens are legible, easy to enter data.

Cons

Restricted on types of payment partners, "old technology" versus available today on POS systems. having Pro Point & iOffcie remote not syncing in a timely manner is a real pain. iOffice is a very helpful tool, but the lag is ridiculous and does not help me manage the store. Additionally, the restrictions on doing items remotely is not a win either. It is a decent piece of software but major updates/additions need to be added (i.e. SMS messaging, automatic verification, remote accessibility (like tech services), etc.

Jay from Roosters Men's Grooming Center

SuperSalon software is very user friendly for the stylist, some manager, some issues with reporting

Pros

Very user friendly for the stylist on checking customers in and out. Salon CheckIn is good for online bookings, good addition. IOffice is nice to be able to use offline from POS system.

Cons

Customer support has improved but at times, is not very responsive. A couple of times support has taken a long time to respond or did not respond at all. Support needs to make sure they respond on issues they solved, even if by email. Not total autonomy between iOffice and the POS. Many tasks cannot be done through iOffice and the POS. The 30 min. synchronization is too long, should be 15 min. so can see results quicker. Better communication on: outages, issues, new developments. Scheduler is not very friendly and versatile. Be able to reschedule appointments in appointment mode by drag and drop. Stylist would like to see tip total for pay period.

David from American Haircuts

Powerful Software for Salons & Barbershops

So far, we're very satisfied with SuperSalon and support has been incredible. I normally just shoot them an email if I have an issue and the ALWAYS resolve it quickly.

Pros

I love the power and flexibility of this software as it gives me EVERYTHING I need to run and manage my business. With iOffice, I can see what any of my stores are doing at a moments notice and the software gives me the tools I need to improve customer service, and reduce loss. We've used SuperSalon for over a decade and I can't imagine running my shops without it.

Cons

The software can, at times, be non-intuitive and it can take some digging to figure things out. The interface looks a bit dated as well. That said, I can't recall a time where I needed the software to do something it wouldn't and a quick message to support usually helps me find what I need quickly.

Bobbie from Supercuts

Brite Sign

we have a wonderful Bright Sign thanks to Customer support,It benefits our business by having a clean professional look with our pricing boards and our advertising . .Thanks again Support team

Pros

I am the general manager for supercuts,In Gainesville and Cummings Georgia . ..I called to set up the bright sign for the shop in Gainesville over a year ago.The technical support from Support team,was outstanding . .I called for assistance again this evening for an update and a new usb,install , I asked for Support team...Again with no surprise , the Support team was amazing and now we here at supercuts,are ready with a new look and prepared to give our guests a wonderful experience . .Thanks again to Support team..

Cons

No problems It has an updated look and we love the bright sign

Steve from The Cross Corp dba Fantastic Sams

We have used Supersalon software to coordinate our salons for the last 14 years and love it.

It is absolutely essential to the running of our salons. We use it to check people in and out, it tracks our cash and credit card transactions and inventory as well. It's a very robust system with many features (way more than we use). The data it provides on individual stylists is very useful for coaching purposes. I appreciate tracking salon performance, nearly real-time, on the web.

Pros

The software provides so much information, more than we can realistically use in running our salons. I really appreciate that it allows us to break down production by stylist so we can understand how that individual is doing. This way we know areas of strength and weakness. It helps greatly from a coaching standpoint. I also love being able to see how the salons are doing in almost real time, from anywhere by accessing the ioffice on the web.

Jayson from Gentlemen's Cutts Barbershop LLC

Setup and Overall help

We have been having the usual business POS issues with our current locations (slow-downs, system freezing, errors, etc)... Until we upgrade our CPU RAM/Memory, I think we will continue to these issues. Overall, it has been great! System is super-easy for any staff member to learn and for customers to use.

Pros

Rep was very attentive and clearly knew what and how to execute. He handled my concerns with detail and care while solving the issues in the most efficient and satisfying ways.

Cons

Only that this rep wasn't the first rep I spoke with... I wish this rep was always the Super Salon tech that is assigned to our issues because once we tell him the problem it gets fixed on the same call. They all do well.

Reasons for Choosing Super Salon

The Kiosk function and overall integration of operations, as well as the ease of use.

Wagih from Fantastic Sams

install super salon

good experience call 2 time everyone was helpful

Pros

easy access from any where, payroll report and dashboard report

Cons

different report was handy.access from any where

price

Natalie from The Guys Place Fuquay

Always Great

I've worked in quite a few salons over the years, and my favorite program to use is Super Salon. I also train all new stylists, and it is very quick for all to pick up. Most have used it in other salons. Also Ian did a wonderful job helping me. He not only helped with my problem, but also showed how to do it myself for next time. I appreciate that. Thank you.

Pros

Easy to understand. Also very popular. I've used this software in multiple salons

Cons

It needs to connect to the internet, and sometimes our internet is slow. Not the software issue. Just my only frustration.

Todd from The Barbershop A Hair Salon for Men

Overall a good experience for what functions we are able to use in the POS.

Pros

It's stable! I like the iOffice function allowing multiple POS systems/locations to roll up into a single venue. iOffice allows a lot of admin work to be done remotely and then rolled out to the POS systems in our shops, reasonable reporting functions however way too many, and I like the functions that we are able to use in the POS.

Cons

We are only able to use limited functions in the POS because the rest of the functions do not meet our needs such as employee scheduler and online appointments. There isn't a single place that describes ALL of the acronyms/abbreviations for the report fields in either of the user manuals.

Laurie from Fantastic Sams

Super Salon POS & Digital Sign

The benefits are the quick help from the technical support team. Most recently we set up our Digital Signs at all of our locations and the customer representative was extremely helpful!

Pros

It is a very easy POS system to use and to teach new team members. The technical support team is very knowledgeable and helpful. The salon and stylist data that is compiled along with all the reports that are offered. The i-Office feature of Super Salon allows you to gather salon data from anywhere. And the Digital Signs were so easy to set up and make changes.

Cons

I would like to be able to integrate the client information of the POS systems of all of our locations.

Mary from Fantastic Sams - Arizona

I've been a user of this software for over 15 years, it's getting more complicated with changes

I knew the original owner of the software. I was able to help develop many reports at that time. The customer service was great. The new ownership is still working the kinks out!

Pros

It's easy to use, and to train staff. Some of the enhanced reports work well with the daily quality controls.

Cons

Too many different versions. I have 5 salons, with 5 different versions. To update the versions, seems to take a ton of time and support. My motto is "if it is still working, I'm not updating". If it were easier, or you had better support to update, I would update all 5 salons. Had to put in a different e-mail because your survey said I already did a survey - WHICH I DID NOT.

BRITTNY from Cost Cutters

Ian was very thorough helpful patient and made sure that my problem was resolved

It helps us to run our salon on all different levels as far as checking in client's keeping schedules I'm taking care of appointments during inventory closing out in the evening time keeping information for all of our clients Etc it's all inclusive software that is very easy to use and I'm always very satisfied

Pros

The software is very easy to use and manage you have everything that you need to run your business smoothly and efficiently pretty simple to understand and always have very good supports to help in time of need

Cons

I wish that there was a centralized database to wear all information could be accessed from different locations

Keesha from Smartstyles LLC

Awesome

Teaching me how to run a business should I go into business for myself. Easy to use for the hair industry.

Pros

Super easy.tricky at first trying to figure out manager functions but once you fall customer support, and in time they'll have you set up in no time! If they explain something to you and you need the message passed to the boss, they'll explain to him as well. My favorite part is having the customer support. I like the customer support most! And how the system operates smoothly and easy.

Cons

Not sure, maybe ....nope not a whole lot I don't like. At least that I can think of. Besides sometimes you have to wait for customer support to call back. But once you find that one tech, and get their email...smooth sailing from there

Kimberly from Fantastic Sams

Needed to update my POS to add new products

Pros

The team responded quickly to my request, and the update was performed within the hour. I had an issue and they were responsive in fixing it.

Cons

It is at times not possible to perform all POS functions in IOffice, such as Time Card edits and exporting orders to email. There are a few functions in IOffice that need to more clearly support the physical functions of the POS. The reports are solid but can take time to run on the POS so having the second layer for some of these functions would make the system much operations much smoother..

Susan from Supercuts

Customer Support Could Use Improving

Lack of training on the front end is a hinderance. On-going, its difficult to get timely support. While the receptionist that answer the phone are unimpressed (and you are made to feel so) with my urgent need, tech support guys feverishly try to help as many people as expeditiously as humanly possible. Once trained on the problem at hand, I can assist my Managers and Stylists. Some of the issues I can not fix myself.

Pros

does more things then I know exist. must get MORE fully trained in order to help my employees.

Cons

glitches in the programming software still not fixed.

Brittany from Jude's Barbershop

Super Salon

We have some ups and downs but overall, I am pretty impressed with how responsive and how the team at Super Salon handles situations!

Pros

the customer support from Super Salon is awesome! He talked me through some things happening with our Super Salon Software and made me aware of things happening around our locations! He explains everything with details and offers options of what to do if we ever have certain things happening! Thank you!

Cons

I hate the fact that technology is not perfect but that 's not Super Salons fault! :P

Vicky from Supercuts

Jorge was very helpful, patient, and understanding with everything I needed help with.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to teach to others. I manage a Supercuts salon and have to train new employees. Software facilitates the training over all. It's easy to read, add,delete or look up information on any service, customer services from previous months, years, etc... with a touch of a finger, it takes me there. Everyone at Supersalon is very helpful and prompt to help out most of the time.

Cons

Mobil app only gives you three options in services provided to customers. It messes up our wait time.

Becky from Fantastic Sams Cut & Color

Why I wouldn't refer this software company

Horrific. Sometimes it's ok and they renew my faith, but mostly it takes hours for them to respond, even when you are on hold saying there is a customer waiting.

Pros

There are a lot of features, but can become confusing and cumbersome.

Cons

The permissions are challenging to get right. Green doesn't necessary mean access. Sometimes red means access, but only if you have another setting to dictate that. Customer service reps don't have consistent information when trying to straighten it out. One rep will say something can be done and another says it can't be done. The permissions don't always save. I had a lot of issues getting is set up correctly. Financials were off when we opened and every day a rep would change something and the next day when it wasn't right another rep would either change it back or change something else.

Mac from Investment Management

SuperSalon Review

Pros

-It can be used both from my laptop and from my phone -It let's me see what is happening at each of my salon locations.

Cons

-There is much functionality that is lacking, such as certain reports that my staff used to have access to, but no longer do -It is difficult to understand why certain functionality is available only via the ioffice or via the POS, but not both -While my trainer is phenomenal, many of the individuals at the call center are not able to help with issues and are extremely slow in their work. Furthermore, they do not communicate with callers while on the phone to walk them through what they are doing and let it be known they are in fact working on the issue at hand. Instead they often leave callers sitting there for many minutes until we ask "are you still there?" Eventually, after sitting for over 20 minutes for a response to what one would expect to be a quick question to resolve, my staff and I often become frustrated and are forced to hang up and try again, hoping to get someone more competent. Unfortunately, this poor communication and slow work pace is a very common and frustrating problem.

January 2015

Julie from Cost Cutters

January 2015

Technical Support

I would like to leave a review on our technical support we received from Darrell Gorden. Darrell is always the person I go to after trying the random person you get when you first call with a computer problem. He is one of the few people at Super Salons that always knows how to get the computer problem resolved. He is patient when the stylist one the other end doesn't know what to do. I wish there were more people at Super Salons that we could contact that had the knowledge that Darrell does. I feel your company is fortunate to have him... I know I am!!! Im giving my review 5 stars because of him. I would also like to tell you the experience we have had with the random person you get connected to when calling Super Salon technical support - You will/may get someone who doesn't speak english very well and you may have a hard time understanding them. They seem to not like the fact that you have dial up for internet connection. They have told us on 3 seperate tech calls, that the stylist needs to take the computer home and connect it to their home internet. On our most recent call the tech said files were corrupt and what he would need to do is install the highest version and it may take at least 2 hours. Installation of the new versions "must" be ok'd with our owner. It scares me sometimes what the salons are being told. I made ONE call to Darrell, who took control of this computer and fixed the problem within a matter of 10 minutes. As well as walked me through how to check a few things on it myself. This says way too much about the support I have gotten when I try first, to call Super Salon and just let whoever comes to the phone help me with the problem. Unfortunately this wasn't our first encounter.

Sarah from Cost Cutters

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Display Screen

Customer Support helped me yesterday on his day off which was a Sunday. He was quick to respond and didn't stop until we were satisfied with the outcome. He was a pleasure to work with. I really appreciate his attention to detail and willingness to make the customer happy. I understand working on a day off let alone a Sunday is difficult. He made my day yesterday when I needed to get something done for Monday morning. Thanks Customer Support!

Pros

Ease of use. That you can reach someone almost 24/7

Cons

Having to wait for a call or email back.

Genevia from Supercuts

Supersalon

Support staff is very friendly and always knowledgeable and able to help. They stay with you until the problem is fixed.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Robust reporting functions . Easy to pull data and configure reports.

Cons

Technical support is very responsive once you are interfacing with them. However, the response time to get a support agent is too long. It is difficult to make a set appointment for issues that do not require immediate help - such as system changes and uploads

Jeff from K4J, Limited (dba Supercuts)

The support staff got me back in business fast after my hard drive failed and I had to get a new computer.

Pros

It just works, every day. The critical business features necessary to keep my business flowing simply work. While the power goes out, the internet goes down, credit card processors hiccup, hard drives fail, and people make mistakes, I cannot recall a time where a single transaction failed because of SuperSalon.

Cons

I'd like to see more frequent releases with new features, in addition to having a clear roadmap of what features are being worked on.

Tess from Supercuts

Driver Malfunction

Our rep was extremely helpful and would call back in different time slots available for me to take guests and carry on with business. However the next time I called a different clerk was not personable or helpful and seemed very annoyed at my call. so I would rather just have our rep's direct line because he seems to care about customer service and satisfaction.

Pros

it finally worked it connected to the server

Cons

having to download it and install it the update was slower and it opens the drawer without asking for a password

chris from Fantastic Sams

Generally fills all of our needs and we can get support in a pretty timely manner when we need it

Pros

The support is really good. If I have a serious problem that impacts our ability to use the software we are pushed to the front of the line.

Cons

The reports are garbage. We were told 3 years ago that new reports were just 3-6 months away. Every time I ask, I am told basically the same timeframe. I have reached the point where I don't believe they will ever happen and we are just being strung along. It also still doesn't reliably communicate with TSYS.

Mona from SuperCuts

Great Customer Support

The customer representative was extremely helpful in transitioning our credit card provider change from the heartland to Tsys. He stayed back extra hours to help us complete the setup so that we could be operational the next day without glitches. He also gave us several suggestions about the POS settings to use it better. We are really happy with our experience.

Pros

Back office access to POS. Different reports to understand business better.

Cons

Not having access to database to be able to write our own queries.

Lee from KLM Hair Salons LLC

have used this software for over 13 years, great support staff, ongoing updates keeps it current

Pros

user friendly, ongoing updates keeps it relevant to the salon environment, company is open to suggestions for amending/adding reports. viewing it from my phone is convenient. using the ioffice feature and the back office feature allows me to be there virtually.

Cons

a few reports are not available but overall not too many issues. tech support needs more level 2 or higher techs; sometimes the level 1 techs are not as knowledgeable.

Kyle from Fantastic Sams

SuperSalon

I needed a system that would allow me to run multiple locations and this does a great job doing that. This has aided me greatly in understanding the business drivers affecting not just one location but my company as a whole.

Pros

Ability to manage multiple locations using the iOffice software.

Cons

You need more support staff. Sometimes the wait can be long to get help. But once you get someone on the phone they do an amazing job getting you answers and correcting problems.

Tammy from Magicuts

Fast, efficient& friendly !

Pros

This software is so convenient !!! Easy to use & user-friendly!! It's also a classy touch. There are always updates and version upgrades that enhance the software which keeps it fresh! Well done

Cons

It's so great but the only thing is the initial call in to getting support... you can barely hear the recorded message then press 1 and the volume comes up a notch but still not very good for how excellent the product is.

Marilyn from Roosters Men's Grooming Center

The software provides a wealth of information and making the accounting easier

Pros

The payroll reports make calculating hours and commissions for pay checks easy, Able to download information for sales to QuickBooks. Numerous reports are available to help schedule staff and review sales

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find what I am looking for but fortunately customer staff is always very helpful Would like a little more flexibility to allow customization with setting up employees and changing reports

Alex from Emilex Corporation

3 Year User - overall satisfied

Pros

All in one place we can manage schedules, inventory, sales, payroll, appointments, discounts, etc. It is very convenient to have the functionality all in one place

Cons

Small bugs seem to be an issue with Supersalon and we typically need tech support to resolve, are unable to troubleshoot ourselves. Software updates also tend to create unintended consequences and we have to get tech support to resolve

Crystal from Take 5 Haircuts/ SCCL Investments

Had the best customer service experience with Ian Wong. He was EXTREMELY patient and and helpful!

I like That it stores all our information. Very user friendly.

Pros

24 Hour customer support. Easy to navigate. Pretty much has anything possible you could possibly need to run your business. It logs all of your reports from employees to clients and services.

Cons

Very expensive. I was charged 3x the amount for service when I renewed as a new owner, but I had been working at my salon for 11 years. My payment went high.

Tammy from Magicuts

Great software and Such a fabulous Support Team that are committed to excellence!

So many

Pros

SuperSalon is User friendly which makes it so much more productive and easier in the salon! With a very reliable support team this software is a dream!!

Cons

My only thought is that when new and improved software such as "check in" comes available that we are notified right away and this would be implemented immediately. It would make such a huge difference so that there was no wondering when and if !!

David from CCT Enterprises, LLC

I have used supersalon going on thirteen years. Supersalon has gone through many needed changes

Pros

Access to back office and being able to see almost real time operation numbers. I also appreciate having the ability to lock out certain areas of supersalon to keep unwanted changes from occurring. Security is very important.

Cons

Inventory reports are not helpful and tend to be more complex then necessary. Also when adding in new products it takes several clicks to get through the process.