• Pros

• "Easy to use and teach. Great technical support"

• "Ease of use. The technical service representative was excellent. Very professional and fixed my problem very fast."

• "It’s easy to use! Has wonderful features and color designs "

• Cons

• "Software is easy to use, however, the most recent version has a white background which can be hard on the eyes. "

• "There are bugs and at times its cumbersome. Not funtional for our payroll as ours is different. But it still provides the accurate numbers we need to figure it out"

• "The many functions takes time to weed through and learn but support is very helpful answering questions "

Browse SuperSalon Reviews

Andy from Human Resources

Vendition Process With a new neophyte franchisee

Outstanding - it is clear to me that the SuperSalon Team is hear to kick some butt,

Pros

The vendition was well planned out - from inception to completion - Beginning with representatives planning the transaction to completion. The transitioning SuperSalon has been nothing short of incredible - every machine has come up on time - Outstanding Job

Cons

Connecting The Brother Printer has been difficulyn

Tammy from Magicuts Hair salon

Finally!

Overall experience is FABULOUS!!! Escpecially today...[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , I called for Salon [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for a problem that has been ongoing and no one has ever fixed, even with my constant calls to support. -sometime passes between calls because of Lockdown etc. Today however was a different story, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] listened and reacted. He took his time and really got down to the problem...He fixed the issue and was just a breathe of fresh air to deal with. Thank you so Much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!

Pros

This system is pretty easy to use and typically the support staff is ready willing and able to help when needed.

Cons

Sometimes when a problem happens and a call into support is needed, Sometimes one feels like just a number and that we don't know what we are talking about.

Jeff from Cthulhu Hair Inc

SuperSalon is not ready for a production release

I am unfamiliar with the competition, but I would strongly recommend anyone to look around and seriously consider all other options first. Even if those options are more expensive. I have wasted a significant portion of my time daily since May 15 (today is June 11) trying to get basic functionality to consistently work. Seriously, I'm being fair, not petty or bitter. THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT ISSUES WITH THE SYSTEM. I wish ProPoint management was more sympathetic to what we're going through and less antagonistic.

Pros

The Tier I / Tier II support personnel are outstanding. They've bent over backwards to try to make a dysfunctional system work. Without them there's no way we'd even have a functional solution.

Cons

Buggy. Features that don't work. Counter-intuitive. Little training. Poorly documented. No QA. Look & feel (design) is from the 1990s. iOffice doesn't mirror functionality , nor the layout (look & feel). KB does not contain information on anything I search for. Can't make global changes. Sync from iOffice corrupts destination salons. Prompting to check the EULA box in iOffice each time is an intentional waste of time. Storing passwords in clear text is a violation of cyber security best practice. Logging into clients systems without their knowledge or approval is another cyber security violation. No consistency (e.g., some menus are alphabetical, some are not). No ability to log into instance remotely (must use iOffice, which has less functionality and is dissimilar). Configuration screens contain options not related to my salon (i.e., shoe shine category), but no way to configure or remove. Some permissions don't work when set to GREEN those permissions must be set to GREY (but no warning, no guidance). No context sensitive help. Scroll wheel doesn't work (must hit up and down buttons). Some options must be cancelled (hit a red X) in order to be enabled; other options are the opposite. Custom help URL but doesn't actually work. I am a PMP, Scrum Master, ITIL Expert, and certified Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) with technical solution experience on three continents. All in all, this is the worst designed solution I've seen in production in three decades.

Patrick from Fantastic Sams

Supersalon support

Excellent

Pros

This software covers all of the items necessary to run my hair salon. Keeps track of all demographics of our customers. Tracks services purchased by customers. It's used for customer transactions. Keeps employee timecards and performance data of all employees. Technical service is excellent . Technician did an excellent job in solving my software setup questions. he was very knowledgeable, professional, and friendly.

Cons

Maybe it can be updated on the graphic interface to modernize it.

Samantha from The Barbershop

SuperSalon - Review

Excellent!

Pros

The customer service support. Super salon overall works extremely well. We are entering a new phase of online booking which can come with some difficulty. He was able to answer all of my questions today and provide us with some great information. Most definitely appreciated!

Cons

Some features were unavailable that we were looking for within the system.

Linda from Supercuts

Customer Service

Pros

Customer support was great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to help me in an instant. He was polite and courteous and very knowledgeable.

Cons

I am not reviewing about the software itself. My review was strictly about the customer support I received and the great service.

Cindy from Supercuts/Cindy Noll

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did a great job

Better priced than our alternative choice at this time.

Pros

The live chat seems to be the best way to reach for help when needed.

Cons

Sometimes fixes come at busy times in the business. It is hard to manage both at the same time

Reasons for Choosing SuperSalon

Helped develop it with original owner

Kevin from FS Cut & Color Forest Park

Call Center Very Helpful Today

Call center can be outstanding to terrible depending on who you get.

Pros

Today's customer service call. I could very easily understand the consultant.

Cons

Should be easier to learn, not a good customer interface.

Jye from Just4Him

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Department

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has the best customer.

Pros

Easy to use and install. Great customer service.

Cons

The app doesn't always transfer to the digital sign.

Only choice

Diane from Roosters Men’s Grooming Center

Super Salon Customer Service

Good analysis tool

Pros

It is intuitive to use. Easy to learn...

Cons

Ability to customize some individual employee reports

Gerrry from MAGICUTS

Payroll/Admin

Rafael very helpful in fixing the problem we had with the computer. He walk me through so I had an understanding of what I need to do to assist him. He took my call at the salon when I brought out the computer so he could connected it to high speed for me. I give Rafaeal a 10+++ for his help in fixing the problem and his excellent customer service!!!!! As for your receptionist they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. Rude when you ask a question either they ignore you or will not give you an answer. I would have to say hello because the phone line sounded dead and they would come back sarcastic to you "I'm still here" Here are 2 responses I got in one day from your receptionist: I ask how many people are in front of me so I have an idea how long it would be refused to tell me. Here is the other one both in the same day: I was told I was 9th on the list called back about 1.5hrs later to see where I was in the Q was now told I was 15 I was bumped down because they decided that my call wasn't important. I had a virus had to get another computer needed to get it up and running and needed to get the information from the salon inputted onto the computer so the staff can get paid and know our sales. When Matt owned the company never had this problem in the pass only since it has been sold. I told your receptionist that they have very poor customer service skills. They are your front line to your business they are there to help the customer not make them upset or angry.

Pros

I can get the info off of it I need to payroll. Track my sales and inventory and it is user friendly.

Cons

nothing

GALILEE from CHARLOTTE ROUGE HAIR SPA

BEYOND INCREDIBLE!!!

WORKING WIHT OUR REP HAS MADE OUR LIVES EASY AND STRESS FREE!!!! HE IS SUCH AN ASSET TO SUPERSALON. in the 10 years we have had supersalon he is by far the most knowledgeable tech we have ever worked with and what a blessing that HES THE ONE WE GOT THE DAY OF TRANSITION, RESTORING AND REBOOTING!!! AMAZING:)

Pros

WE WILL ALWAYS REQUEST OUR REP!!!! WOW our computers and software are original from 2009.... they crashed and our rep was our superstar!!! He assisted us in in crazy delicate process and got us back up and running:)!! We have always had wonderful experience with super salon software and are super excited to be using the software and not the 2009 version:)

Cons

perhaps its how we use the software but we would like for the check out process to separate the tickets.... in other words if a client is booked for hair services and spa services whoever takes the client first all the services ring up under that employee..... so we have to remove the spa service entirely, check out the client under the hair stylist, then add the client back to the appt book and check her out again...… also Is there a tab that tells you what each stylist sells for product? in the old version we would have to go thru every transaction and write down each individuals product sales for the month

March 2016

Michael from LockerRoom

March 2016

We have been using the software for a year and we are very busy salon.

Pros Excellent reporting - Everyday day it seems like we find a new report we like. If your coming from another software I think your going to like SuperSalon reporting. You can run a report on just about anything you like. Easy to use for Stylist and Barbers - We love that a lot stylist or barbers already know the system so little training is needed. Even when they don't know the system we have them up and running in no time. This saves a lot money in training. Customer Service- is outstanding coming from Salon Iris where they never answered the phone. SuperSalon has always got back to us right way. Kory Lamme our favorite tech has always followed up with us and let us know what our status been on our tickets. It's nice knowing that your ticking is being worked on and getting status updates gives us a piece of mind. Added bonus a lot of new hires will already know your system so little training is needed. We needed a Software that could handle both walk-ins and appointments at high volume and SuperSalon meets those needs. Our customers love the Salon Check-in and the Online-Checkin I am so glad Jennifer Teague talked me into getting Salon Check-in when we first started it was the best investment ever. I also like that Jennifer still keeps in touch with us. Cons- The system does has some software bugs and the customers services has always been outstanding but instead of adding new features it would be nice if they would correct the bugs they have. Example of bug we have anyone can open a cash drawer with out entering password. (makes it easy for theft) We have been trying to get the permissions fixed for over year now. Our problem may be isolated problem but I want you to know major repairs move slow. Our problem is not a system wide issue but I wanted to show example so you understand things can move slow. After using the software for over a year overall we are happy with it. We are about to open up more stores we have looked at other software companies but their is nothing that even comes close to compare with it and we feel confident that SuperSalon will be able to handle our growth.. Also I know SuperSalon will get our bugs fixed. My wife is a senior web developer so we understand the process it just takes time. And when you have great customer service from Kory Lamme and Jennifer Teague our sales associate that goes long way and so we can handle the growing pains to a point. They need more Senior Developers

July 2016

Craig from Supercuts

July 2016

Working with SuperSalon to resolve BrightSign network issues.

I worked with Arik Trejos to resolve issues we had with the BrightSign unit at Supercuts. The interesting part was this never worked from the time the store opened about six weeks ago. As such, things has changed in the environment and when I was brought in, they were looking for someone to figure out what was happening. I ended up figuring out that someone programmed the Brightsign unit on a different IP subnet than they did for everything else on the network. Through working with Arik Trejos, he had to try multiple adjustments to the configuration, including doing a factory default. The USB thumb drive had to be unplugged from the BrightSign and into the POS computer about eight different times in order to finally get this working. Arik did a really nice job, was very helpful and went out of his way to resolve our problem. We wouldn't have been able to get this working without him.

Pros

Once the BrightSign is setup correctly and linked to the POS system, it just worked. I tested the application on my iPhone and verified the screen updates the waiting list as it should. In addition, the news feed scrolls along the bottom.

Cons

The staff who came and did the in-store implementation most likely screwed up the install by programming the IP address incorrectly. I realize they needed the store to be linked up to the online application that facilitates online check-ins. Still though, I would think when Supersalon installed the POS system they would have a process to test the functionality of manually queuing up a few customers and seeing if they showed up on the waiting list screen, powered by BrightSign. Due to them not doing this, we had to spend hours on the phone with support, multiple times, before this was resolved. The fact that it never worked to begin with is troubling and hopefully this will raise awareness to the person responsible for the in-store installs so they can do a better job in the future.

Debbie from Beauty Supply Outlet

Overall Feed back

Its' okay....My reports that I need are there usually, it's a seamless fix if there is a problem.... My frustration is with the help desk. There are some AMAZING guys [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] just a couple. I know I am missing some, it makes a difference when you speak to someone who is well versed in the system!

Pros

I like the ease of use at the retail area. Overall it's simple and we don't seem to have issues with much.

Cons

I don't have an issue with the software. All 9 of our locations have it and it is easy to manage on a daily basis. Actually, when we have issues with something ie freezing/slowing down etc we call the help desk. Depending on who we get the situation seems to always be the same. Someone, tells us we are using the wrong google version. The person will fix it a few days later we have the same issue then call again. Another person tells us the same thing and then "changes" our version again. This has gotten better still frustrating when that is the answer we get....

it was mandatory with Regis

Anna from Bichonne LLC

Easy to use so far!

Customer database that syncs between all locations; gift certificate records synced between all locations; ease of use; multiple report functionalities; customizable to fit our needs.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up, needed a little assistance from the installation team ~ Rep got everything set up from Check-in Software to credit terminal set up in one go and was very accommodating with scheduling us for our second location. Rep was very insightful with on-boarding; she answered a lot of questions for us & provided us with the confidence we needed to switch to SuperSalon. Our Software Trainer has also been very accommodating and patient with us in training since we only have one Manager that oversees all of the locations. Overall, each member has been an incredible asset in switching us over.

Cons

After on-boarding, there were not clear, definitive instructions or guidance to what we needed to do next. We had to reschedule with rep 3 times because we didn't know we were supposed to be in contact with someone from installation. I've brought up to all 3 staff members that assisted us that we're still missing a package and no one has gotten back to me about it (still missing it 1 month later). I don't like that they will charge you for each location of training when the staff in both location is the same, but rep did explain to us why. We haven't started using the system yet; we're waiting to import our gift certificate records to the system, which I just sent over a file and winged it since no one has told me how they wanted it formatted. There is an overall lost of communication that I hope will improve for future clients.

Ginger from Supercuts

Hidden treasure

Diana miller has been an amazing assistance to our franchise. I am computer challenged and get easily frustrated trying to use the super salon system. She spent so much time today breaking it down piece by piece. Helping me learn different parts of the back office I had no idea how to use. Her knowledge of salons helped tremendously in showing me what to look for. How to cross reference things and how to find what I was looking for. I only wish I had known about her 5 years ago when we first got the systems in our salons. We have only been using the most basic things with the system but with the information she gave me today I can effectively keep up with my inventory starting 2017 off right. I can't wait for our next over the phone tutoring session! I have so much to learn!! I feel like I struck gold! Thank you so much for helping us!

Pros

The ability to cross check everything that goes on, along with having live feed access

Cons

Needs a better user guide. Stylists are very visual people. We need a step by step program to show us exactly what we are looking for.

David from American Haircuts

Powerful Software for Salons & Barbershops

So far, we're very satisfied with SuperSalon and support has been incredible. I normally just shoot them an email if I have an issue and the ALWAYS resolve it quickly.

Pros

I love the power and flexibility of this software as it gives me EVERYTHING I need to run and manage my business. With iOffice, I can see what any of my stores are doing at a moments notice and the software gives me the tools I need to improve customer service, and reduce loss. We've used SuperSalon for over a decade and I can't imagine running my shops without it.

Cons

The software can, at times, be non-intuitive and it can take some digging to figure things out. The interface looks a bit dated as well. That said, I can't recall a time where I needed the software to do something it wouldn't and a quick message to support usually helps me find what I need quickly.

Jon from Roosters PTC

Simplistic but effective for the most part. Notification of "local" downtime not apparent to user

Pros

Simple to use, abundant reports, integration into the sales reporting. Propoint is a very robust tool, but for a business that uses the scheduling aspect, it is not always user-friendly as there is no indication of when it is down for the customer. Very easy to navigate, screens are legible, easy to enter data.

Cons

Restricted on types of payment partners, "old technology" versus available today on POS systems. having Pro Point & iOffcie remote not syncing in a timely manner is a real pain. iOffice is a very helpful tool, but the lag is ridiculous and does not help me manage the store. Additionally, the restrictions on doing items remotely is not a win either. It is a decent piece of software but major updates/additions need to be added (i.e. SMS messaging, automatic verification, remote accessibility (like tech services), etc.

Jay from Roosters Men's Grooming Center

SuperSalon software is very user friendly for the stylist, some manager, some issues with reporting

Pros

Very user friendly for the stylist on checking customers in and out. Salon CheckIn is good for online bookings, good addition. IOffice is nice to be able to use offline from POS system.

Cons

Customer support has improved but at times, is not very responsive. A couple of times support has taken a long time to respond or did not respond at all. Support needs to make sure they respond on issues they solved, even if by email. Not total autonomy between iOffice and the POS. Many tasks cannot be done through iOffice and the POS. The 30 min. synchronization is too long, should be 15 min. so can see results quicker. Better communication on: outages, issues, new developments. Scheduler is not very friendly and versatile. Be able to reschedule appointments in appointment mode by drag and drop. Stylist would like to see tip total for pay period.

Bobbie from Supercuts

Brite Sign

we have a wonderful Bright Sign thanks to Customer support,It benefits our business by having a clean professional look with our pricing boards and our advertising . .Thanks again Support team

Pros

I am the general manager for supercuts,In Gainesville and Cummings Georgia . ..I called to set up the bright sign for the shop in Gainesville over a year ago.The technical support from Support team,was outstanding . .I called for assistance again this evening for an update and a new usb,install , I asked for Support team...Again with no surprise , the Support team was amazing and now we here at supercuts,are ready with a new look and prepared to give our guests a wonderful experience . .Thanks again to Support team..

Cons

No problems It has an updated look and we love the bright sign

Steve from The Cross Corp dba Fantastic Sams

We have used Supersalon software to coordinate our salons for the last 14 years and love it.

It is absolutely essential to the running of our salons. We use it to check people in and out, it tracks our cash and credit card transactions and inventory as well. It's a very robust system with many features (way more than we use). The data it provides on individual stylists is very useful for coaching purposes. I appreciate tracking salon performance, nearly real-time, on the web.

Pros

The software provides so much information, more than we can realistically use in running our salons. I really appreciate that it allows us to break down production by stylist so we can understand how that individual is doing. This way we know areas of strength and weakness. It helps greatly from a coaching standpoint. I also love being able to see how the salons are doing in almost real time, from anywhere by accessing the ioffice on the web.

Jayson from Gentlemen's Cutts Barbershop LLC

Setup and Overall help

We have been having the usual business POS issues with our current locations (slow-downs, system freezing, errors, etc)... Until we upgrade our CPU RAM/Memory, I think we will continue to these issues. Overall, it has been great! System is super-easy for any staff member to learn and for customers to use.

Pros

Rep was very attentive and clearly knew what and how to execute. He handled my concerns with detail and care while solving the issues in the most efficient and satisfying ways.

Cons

Only that this rep wasn't the first rep I spoke with... I wish this rep was always the Super Salon tech that is assigned to our issues because once we tell him the problem it gets fixed on the same call. They all do well.

Reasons for Choosing SuperSalon

The Kiosk function and overall integration of operations, as well as the ease of use.

Robert from Matador Men’s Grooming

New computer tech support

Overall it has been good. The issues arise when urgent tech-support is needed and sometimes the company seems to be understaffed. That said I’ve just had tech-support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to help set up two new computers and install SuperSalon. He was extremely helpful and accommodated and thorough. He double checked everything was working properly including receipt paper, credit card transaction, and register drawer. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is an asset to your company

Pros

Variety of reports and all the saved historical data

Cons

Sometimes seems to be a bit complicated and not user-friendly

Reasons for Choosing SuperSalon

I’ve been using SuperSalon for over 11 years now. The historical data keeps me tied to the company. This said, Price is becoming an issue so from time to time I look at alternatives

Wagih from Fantastic Sams

install super salon

good experience call 2 time everyone was helpful

Pros

easy access from any where, payroll report and dashboard report

Cons

different report was handy.access from any where

price

better software

Laurie from Fantastic Sams

Super Salon POS & Digital Sign

The benefits are the quick help from the technical support team. Most recently we set up our Digital Signs at all of our locations and the customer representative was extremely helpful!

Pros

It is a very easy POS system to use and to teach new team members. The technical support team is very knowledgeable and helpful. The salon and stylist data that is compiled along with all the reports that are offered. The i-Office feature of Super Salon allows you to gather salon data from anywhere. And the Digital Signs were so easy to set up and make changes.

Cons

I would like to be able to integrate the client information of the POS systems of all of our locations.

Natalie from The Guys Place Fuquay

Always Great

I've worked in quite a few salons over the years, and my favorite program to use is Super Salon. I also train all new stylists, and it is very quick for all to pick up. Most have used it in other salons. Also Ian did a wonderful job helping me. He not only helped with my problem, but also showed how to do it myself for next time. I appreciate that. Thank you.

Pros

Easy to understand. Also very popular. I've used this software in multiple salons

Cons

It needs to connect to the internet, and sometimes our internet is slow. Not the software issue. Just my only frustration.

Todd from The Barbershop A Hair Salon for Men

Overall a good experience for what functions we are able to use in the POS.

Pros

It's stable! I like the iOffice function allowing multiple POS systems/locations to roll up into a single venue. iOffice allows a lot of admin work to be done remotely and then rolled out to the POS systems in our shops, reasonable reporting functions however way too many, and I like the functions that we are able to use in the POS.

Cons

We are only able to use limited functions in the POS because the rest of the functions do not meet our needs such as employee scheduler and online appointments. There isn't a single place that describes ALL of the acronyms/abbreviations for the report fields in either of the user manuals.

Mary from Fantastic Sams - Arizona

I've been a user of this software for over 15 years, it's getting more complicated with changes

I knew the original owner of the software. I was able to help develop many reports at that time. The customer service was great. The new ownership is still working the kinks out!

Pros

It's easy to use, and to train staff. Some of the enhanced reports work well with the daily quality controls.

Cons

Too many different versions. I have 5 salons, with 5 different versions. To update the versions, seems to take a ton of time and support. My motto is "if it is still working, I'm not updating". If it were easier, or you had better support to update, I would update all 5 salons. Had to put in a different e-mail because your survey said I already did a survey - WHICH I DID NOT.

BRITTNY from Cost Cutters

Ian was very thorough helpful patient and made sure that my problem was resolved

It helps us to run our salon on all different levels as far as checking in client's keeping schedules I'm taking care of appointments during inventory closing out in the evening time keeping information for all of our clients Etc it's all inclusive software that is very easy to use and I'm always very satisfied

Pros

The software is very easy to use and manage you have everything that you need to run your business smoothly and efficiently pretty simple to understand and always have very good supports to help in time of need

Cons

I wish that there was a centralized database to wear all information could be accessed from different locations

Keesha from Smartstyles LLC

Awesome

Teaching me how to run a business should I go into business for myself. Easy to use for the hair industry.

Pros

Super easy.tricky at first trying to figure out manager functions but once you fall customer support, and in time they'll have you set up in no time! If they explain something to you and you need the message passed to the boss, they'll explain to him as well. My favorite part is having the customer support. I like the customer support most! And how the system operates smoothly and easy.

Cons

Not sure, maybe ....nope not a whole lot I don't like. At least that I can think of. Besides sometimes you have to wait for customer support to call back. But once you find that one tech, and get their email...smooth sailing from there

Kimberly from Fantastic Sams

Needed to update my POS to add new products

Pros

The team responded quickly to my request, and the update was performed within the hour. I had an issue and they were responsive in fixing it.

Cons

It is at times not possible to perform all POS functions in IOffice, such as Time Card edits and exporting orders to email. There are a few functions in IOffice that need to more clearly support the physical functions of the POS. The reports are solid but can take time to run on the POS so having the second layer for some of these functions would make the system much operations much smoother..

Susan from Supercuts

Customer Support Could Use Improving

Lack of training on the front end is a hinderance. On-going, its difficult to get timely support. While the receptionist that answer the phone are unimpressed (and you are made to feel so) with my urgent need, tech support guys feverishly try to help as many people as expeditiously as humanly possible. Once trained on the problem at hand, I can assist my Managers and Stylists. Some of the issues I can not fix myself.

Pros

does more things then I know exist. must get MORE fully trained in order to help my employees.

Cons

glitches in the programming software still not fixed.

Vicky from Supercuts

Jorge was very helpful, patient, and understanding with everything I needed help with.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to teach to others. I manage a Supercuts salon and have to train new employees. Software facilitates the training over all. It's easy to read, add,delete or look up information on any service, customer services from previous months, years, etc... with a touch of a finger, it takes me there. Everyone at Supersalon is very helpful and prompt to help out most of the time.

Cons

Mobil app only gives you three options in services provided to customers. It messes up our wait time.

Brittany from Jude's Barbershop

Super Salon

We have some ups and downs but overall, I am pretty impressed with how responsive and how the team at Super Salon handles situations!

Pros

the customer support from Super Salon is awesome! He talked me through some things happening with our Super Salon Software and made me aware of things happening around our locations! He explains everything with details and offers options of what to do if we ever have certain things happening! Thank you!

Cons

I hate the fact that technology is not perfect but that 's not Super Salons fault! :P

Becky from Fantastic Sams

If you want a reliable system keep searching

I have been on Super Salon for 2 1/2 years because my Franchise required it. It has been a long journey. There is conflicting data between reports. When we first took over, getting the register to balance was a nightmare as it was very glitchy. It would add the numbers up different every time we put them in. Customer Service is horrific. We are on hold for an hour and a half when we push the prompt that we have someone at the register. If we reach anyone at all you cross your fingers that the person who answers can help. It's common for each person you talk to will tell you something different. Many times my tickets have been escalated with no response so we realized the issue was something we had to live with. Their online booking platform is frequently down costing us an unquantifiable amount of business because the majority of our guests book online. When they show our salon "offline" it also includes a link to search for other salons. Its not bad enough our software doesn't work, they are actively steering our guests somewhere else. When we re-opened from COVID shutdown they reduced hours so we couldn't even reach support during regular business hours. I finally asked to be let out of the last couple of months of my contract because of the negative impact on my business utilizing this platform. I was informed that I would be held responsible for every penny and would be sent to collections if I didn't pay.

Pros

Nothing, really. It was the approved platform with my franchise.

Cons

The platform. Lack of customer service. Unreliable. Inconsistent.

Sarah from Cost Cutters

Display Screen

Customer Support helped me yesterday on his day off which was a Sunday. He was quick to respond and didn't stop until we were satisfied with the outcome. He was a pleasure to work with. I really appreciate his attention to detail and willingness to make the customer happy. I understand working on a day off let alone a Sunday is difficult. He made my day yesterday when I needed to get something done for Monday morning. Thanks Customer Support!

Pros

Ease of use. That you can reach someone almost 24/7

Cons

Having to wait for a call or email back.

Regis recommended

Genevia from Supercuts

Supersalon

Support staff is very friendly and always knowledgeable and able to help. They stay with you until the problem is fixed.

Pros

Easy to install and use. Robust reporting functions . Easy to pull data and configure reports.

Cons

Technical support is very responsive once you are interfacing with them. However, the response time to get a support agent is too long. It is difficult to make a set appointment for issues that do not require immediate help - such as system changes and uploads

Tess from Supercuts

Driver Malfunction

Our rep was extremely helpful and would call back in different time slots available for me to take guests and carry on with business. However the next time I called a different clerk was not personable or helpful and seemed very annoyed at my call. so I would rather just have our rep's direct line because he seems to care about customer service and satisfaction.

Pros

it finally worked it connected to the server

Cons

having to download it and install it the update was slower and it opens the drawer without asking for a password

Mac from Investment Management

SuperSalon Review

Pros

-It can be used both from my laptop and from my phone -It let's me see what is happening at each of my salon locations.

Cons

-There is much functionality that is lacking, such as certain reports that my staff used to have access to, but no longer do -It is difficult to understand why certain functionality is available only via the ioffice or via the POS, but not both -While my trainer is phenomenal, many of the individuals at the call center are not able to help with issues and are extremely slow in their work. Furthermore, they do not communicate with callers while on the phone to walk them through what they are doing and let it be known they are in fact working on the issue at hand. Instead they often leave callers sitting there for many minutes until we ask "are you still there?" Eventually, after sitting for over 20 minutes for a response to what one would expect to be a quick question to resolve, my staff and I often become frustrated and are forced to hang up and try again, hoping to get someone more competent. Unfortunately, this poor communication and slow work pace is a very common and frustrating problem.

Phillip from Supercuts

Functional and Easy to Use

It has been really good. It is up nearly all the time, very little down time and is simple and easy to teach and use.

Pros

The Supersalon software is very easy to learn and use. It is functional and provides everything needed for day to day operations in a hair salon. The service received is very good as well and available 24/7.

Cons

The only real con on this is the reporting feature. It is somewhat limited and does not have a dynamic reporting tool

January 2015

Julie from Cost Cutters

January 2015

Technical Support

I would like to leave a review on our technical support we received from Darrell Gorden. Darrell is always the person I go to after trying the random person you get when you first call with a computer problem. He is one of the few people at Super Salons that always knows how to get the computer problem resolved. He is patient when the stylist one the other end doesn't know what to do. I wish there were more people at Super Salons that we could contact that had the knowledge that Darrell does. I feel your company is fortunate to have him... I know I am!!! Im giving my review 5 stars because of him. I would also like to tell you the experience we have had with the random person you get connected to when calling Super Salon technical support - You will/may get someone who doesn't speak english very well and you may have a hard time understanding them. They seem to not like the fact that you have dial up for internet connection. They have told us on 3 seperate tech calls, that the stylist needs to take the computer home and connect it to their home internet. On our most recent call the tech said files were corrupt and what he would need to do is install the highest version and it may take at least 2 hours. Installation of the new versions "must" be ok'd with our owner. It scares me sometimes what the salons are being told. I made ONE call to Darrell, who took control of this computer and fixed the problem within a matter of 10 minutes. As well as walked me through how to check a few things on it myself. This says way too much about the support I have gotten when I try first, to call Super Salon and just let whoever comes to the phone help me with the problem. Unfortunately this wasn't our first encounter.

Kyle from Fantastic Sams

SuperSalon

I needed a system that would allow me to run multiple locations and this does a great job doing that. This has aided me greatly in understanding the business drivers affecting not just one location but my company as a whole.

Pros

Ability to manage multiple locations using the iOffice software.

Cons

You need more support staff. Sometimes the wait can be long to get help. But once you get someone on the phone they do an amazing job getting you answers and correcting problems.

chris from Fantastic Sams

Generally fills all of our needs and we can get support in a pretty timely manner when we need it

Pros

The support is really good. If I have a serious problem that impacts our ability to use the software we are pushed to the front of the line.

Cons

The reports are garbage. We were told 3 years ago that new reports were just 3-6 months away. Every time I ask, I am told basically the same timeframe. I have reached the point where I don't believe they will ever happen and we are just being strung along. It also still doesn't reliably communicate with TSYS.

Sara from Supercuts (80490)

BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Today we had some technical difficulties that we were unable to solve ourselves. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was our support rep and he was able to quickly and efficiently resolve our issues. He went above and beyond to ensure all issues had been corrected to prevent future disruptions. He was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, and gave exceptional customer service!

Pros

SuperSalon is easy to use and keeps our business running smoothly!

Cons

Currently, I do not have any cons at this time.

Mona from SuperCuts

Great Customer Support

The customer representative was extremely helpful in transitioning our credit card provider change from the heartland to Tsys. He stayed back extra hours to help us complete the setup so that we could be operational the next day without glitches. He also gave us several suggestions about the POS settings to use it better. We are really happy with our experience.

Pros

Back office access to POS. Different reports to understand business better.

Cons

Not having access to database to be able to write our own queries.

Lee from KLM Hair Salons LLC

have used this software for over 13 years, great support staff, ongoing updates keeps it current

Pros

user friendly, ongoing updates keeps it relevant to the salon environment, company is open to suggestions for amending/adding reports. viewing it from my phone is convenient. using the ioffice feature and the back office feature allows me to be there virtually.

Cons

a few reports are not available but overall not too many issues. tech support needs more level 2 or higher techs; sometimes the level 1 techs are not as knowledgeable.

Marilyn from Roosters Men's Grooming Center

The software provides a wealth of information and making the accounting easier

Pros

The payroll reports make calculating hours and commissions for pay checks easy, Able to download information for sales to QuickBooks. Numerous reports are available to help schedule staff and review sales

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find what I am looking for but fortunately customer staff is always very helpful Would like a little more flexibility to allow customization with setting up employees and changing reports

Frank from Fantastic Sams

REview

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] by far the best tech support I have worked with. His knowledge, promptness and concern about getting things fixed is unsurpassed. Whatever you are paying him is not enough

Pros

Easy to use, reports are great [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic!

Cons

Sometimes the software goes down. Actually the frequency of down time has increased dramatically the past 2-3 years. It's taking longer to get a tech on the phone

Robyn from yellowhammer salon group

super salon

i have used it as a stylist, salon manager, district manager and a market leader. Super salon has always paved the way in the best salon system to met the needs of the stylist and the needs of the guest and the business owner

Pros

easy to use stylist friendly easy to see performance quick check out for guests

Cons

refunds voids set up options can be alot in the start understanding the reporting until you read the kb knowledge