All Booker Reviews

Marissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2022

I wish there was something better out there.

Tanisha

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Perfect for businesses

PROS

It is user friendly, very detailed and easy to use, accessibility 24 hours, and very much inexpensive. I would recommend that you give it a try today.

CONS

Creating packages and reports could be alot less hassling.. work needed as it relates to credit card processes.

Eileen

Reviewed September 2019

The Best Internal & External Solution

My customers of any age can book an appointment online, any time, day or night. My stylist can easily utilize the system to manage their own schedules, and include notes so the entire team is on the same page. There’s nothing to download and every answer can be found in the Help & Support section. When in doubt, we book ourself an appt and we have an internal lunch n learn and find ways to learn new tips and tricks that we’ve not encountered yet.

PROS

Dashboard Reporting, Website Integration

CONS

Zilch. It’s awesome and the customer service rules!

Reason for choosing Booker

You pay for what you get and with Booker, I got everything I wanted. From internal clients and stylist notifications, to an integrated killer Point of Sale system, to website integration and google tracking analytics and marketing! It’s the best. You’d be a fool to not use Booker.

Laurie

Reviewed November 2020

Booker wants you to use endless work arounds because they can't get it right

I am stuck in Booker because I have been using it since 2014. My client data base and content are huge, they have been purchased by mindbody and I had hoped for an improvement, but its worse. Do not get stuck with this software, purchase something else. They require you to do work arounds because the software does not function properly. The reporting is shite. Please do your self a favor and look else where. I have tow spas and they are on different versions of booker. I have asked multiple times to be placed on one version or the other.

PROS

It has a lot of useful features, sadly very few of them work as expected. - membership processing - gift certificates - embedded special codes for marketing - pixels for marketing - cancellation policy implementation - customer service availability - appointment scheduling - sales reporting - freezing memberships - mail campaigns and marketing

CONS

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING with this software requires a work around. -I have lost members because the software randomly double and triple charges them each month and doesn't represent it in the recent orders tab so it looks as if it hasn't - freezing members is great, but then booker charges them for ALL the months they have been frozen - you cannot put special deals on for the holidays on gift certificates = no holiday gift certificate promos - special codes for marketing do not auto populate for orders and cannot be found from within the order - pixels for marketing from their marketing tools do not work - cancellation policy is great but if the person does not have a cc on file then you cannot close the order which makes it impossible to close the drawer at the end of the night - groups often book under the same name , booker requires you to CANCEl that appt rather than just changing the name - ridiculous -sales reporting is not customizable, past membership reporting cannot be done. it only shows current numbers regardless of the date you enter. kind of hard to measure growth -members may freeze their monthly billing, no benefits are accrued but when you take the freeze off it autocharges all previous unpaid months - customer service is available - but they are often unknowledgeable and can only submit requests to development and they take months even years before they fix your problem. - the marketing tab does not load on my booker if im running from chrome.

Reason for choosing Booker

It seemed more modern and sleek at the time. Seemed to offer better options and functionality. The customer service team was great and seemed like they would be on point. There was a time when I was referring our clients to them but had to stop because the feedback from them was so awful Choosing the Booker software was one of the worst business decisions I have ever made.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Mindbody was old and clunky, I switched after only a couple months of use.

Faith

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Great to have

I was able to find an online booking system for clients to book at their convenience

PROS

I like that clients can easily navigate their way through the app. It’s easy for them with the categories they can see each service falls under

CONS

I wish I could add pictures so I can show clients what hairstyles they would be be getting. It’s always nice to have a visual

Reason for choosing Booker

This was an easier alternative in terms of platform usage and navigation

Reasons for switching to Booker

I wanted something more seamless

Melissa

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

User Friendly and Reliable

Booker and team were great with helping me get this set up for our specific needs and marketing requirements. The whole process with Booker and the team helps us keep everything in one place. It's definitely a more seamless integration of the things we use the most. Their customer service and training were really terrific, too. We keep learning of more tools to help our practice grow every day!

PROS

This software makes booking appointments easy for customers and staff and helps us keep our practice organized.

CONS

It took a bit of time to get used to the new system, and it's a little bit more detailed to use than our other software. Once we got it tho, it's great!

Reasons for switching to Booker

We wanted a software system that was integrated with email marketing to reduce some of the staff workload and doubling up on back office systems.

Reviewed March 2024

There are better systems out there for cheaper too

The customer services is terrible, the asigned you with a manager and if they are busy you can not get a hold of any one. The are also very rude. It very hard to conect with them when you have an issue. They like to locked you in with a contract. Most of booking systems out there allow you to cancel at any time.

PROS

the have a great couple massage systerm. d

CONS

a lot thing, like getting locked in a contract, event the sytem wasn't working for us we weren't able to dowgrade. They make it really hard for you to not cancel or downgrade.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because customer service is terrible. you will be able to speak with your account manager for any reason.

Maggie

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Excessive down time and Booker does not listen to customers

Lack of responsiveness to customer inquiries and valid concerns with downtime and non-functioning software. Most recently their denial of my subscription cancellation. They do not send a renewal notice or offer a reasonable cancellation window. These are very antiquated, predatory subscription practices.

PROS

Booker originally seemed to have a robust suite of functionality including marketing.

CONS

Booker has such excessive downtime that has cost my small business revenue (inability to book clients!) and poor client experience trying to book online. Because of this, I am switching to another platform and Booker will not let me cancel my subscription. Talk about antiquated, predatory subscription practices!

Needed online booking

Sydney

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Very efficient for our salon

Great and we will continue to use it for our salon

PROS

Everything is easily accessible, can have multiple accounts for managers and staff

CONS

Sometimes the system glitches or CC/cash amounts aren’t matching up with the POS system at the end of the work day.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Booker has easier ways to track incomes and add clients credit card info

Julie

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Too many maintenance days per month

I would give it a 5/10 or less for the reasons above, but also it is constantly shutting down for maintenance. The amount of times I would go and book in a Patient, to have the site shut down, made it very difficult to reply only on booker.

PROS

I like that Booker has a very clean look, and it is quite easy to block time and schedule in Patients/clients. You can leave check-in or check-out alerts for an individual. I also like that when you go to book an appointment, if the client has been in previously, their name will pop up.

CONS

If I did wish to book multiple recurrent appointments with a Patient, I couldn't do that with a click of a button, I would have to go to each date and book it separately. If an employee has two rooms they are using for the day, you have to have it on seperate columns... i.e. bill 1 and bill 2, which can get complicated for reporting. There is no charting option with the software.

Tabetha

Reviewed September 2023

So easy my 10 year old brother could use it

PROS

The features make sense, and I've noticed as Booker is updating and adapting it just gets better.

CONS

Although the updates are helping, it's just constant. Some of the updates don't really feel needed (like adding on upgrades during services. I liked the options just popping up. Now I have to do an extra step to add it.)

Janet

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Get booked!

After using for over a year, I have grown accustomed to this software and probably will stay with it in the foreseeable future!

PROS

After using several booking software, this has been my go-to and preferred booking method for my cosmetic business. Sales tracking and inventory management are easy to monitor. The included POS system is easy to use as well and has been convenient!

CONS

Calendar compatibility is a con, however, I enjoy manually tracking within the software.

Ella

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Frustrated user of six years

I’ve been using this software for six years the features seem promising but the reality of them are not easy to use and implement or take too long for customer service. It is not customizable for a large scale salon and that is not what bothers me the most, it’s when you call Support and they have no solutions except we don’t do that. And I mean repeatedly that is what I get from their Support team.

PROS

All the features they supposedly offer.

CONS

No customer support, terrible training, and my staff does not feel like it’s easy to use. It takes forever to track and check people out. The reports are confusing and make no sense and their payroll is not customizable so I still have to outsource and pay more. They seem to be prompt when they’re selling you something to add cost to your service but not when you need help. And their support has no solutions or work around options.

Reason for choosing Booker

I’m considering other products now. At the time Booker was $65 a month and now I pay $350 a month and instead of adding complementary features at that price they’re consistently trying to sell me new features and up my monthly cost.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because I wanted something that offered better online booking and worked in LiveTime and had an app it was six or seven years ago so at the time Salon Iris did not have this

Jill

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Booker is a scam!!!!!

Nothing that I needed support with and is standard expectations were attended to nor problems resolved.

PROS

running payroll reports there is pretty much nothing else.

CONS

It is impossible to get it set up appropriately, after 4 months of phone calls, I still never got the appropriate credit cards to run internally. I was able to set up an acct with their third party processing but could never actually link that to closing appointments. It was a full time job to communicate with customer service and after 4 months this was never rectified. Their rates doubled from when I signed on and are now even with mindbody yet the service and function is not as good. I am open seasonally and so when I signed on I very clearly asked if I would not be charged for the months I am closed and was very clearly told that I would not be charged. When I went to put my account on vacation mode I was told this is not an option.

Reason for choosing Booker

it was less expensive but it was not really.

Reasons for switching to Booker

I was looking for less expensive which they advertised but then wound up being the same with less customer service.

Hi Jill- Thank you for sharing your experience with us - we are sorry to hear that our software and service did not meet your expectations. We wish your business the best, and hope that you were able to find a business management solution that fits your needs as a seasonal business.

Replied November 2019

Brandy

Reviewed October 2023

Do Not be Swindled by Booker

Bookers sales team worked really hard to sell me on a contract and once it was signed the truth slowly came out. The features that I was promised do not work properly and the over all design & functionality of the software are outdated and slow.

PROS

The software keeps up with what rooms a service can be performed in as well as items that may be needed to complete a service, and that are available in limited quantity. They also recently came out with an AI receptionist feature for online booking. Which is why I switched over to them however non of the features work very well and with the credit card processing regularly not working I regret switching. They also flat out lied about the functionality of Booker to get me to sign a contract.

CONS

Their sales team is awesome but once you sign your contract, the customer service is garbage they do not care about you or the issues the software has and it is very apparent. Credit card processing is arguably, the most important aspect of any business and there’s is not working properly. It hasn’t been for years apparently, and they do nothing to fix it.

Reason for choosing Booker

The sales team works really hard to win me over. They made a lot of promises. And the AI receptionist is what really got me. It is supposed to be able to book appointments and take a credit card to hold those appointments. But as previously stated their system regularly declines cards for no reason.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because Booker offered the ability to track resources that are available in a limited capacity to prevent double bookings for services like hot stones as well as had the option for room assignments, but the real main reason I switched was for the new AI receptionist feature which does not work properly at all. Huge waste of time and money. I will be switching back to vagaro

Elizabeth

Reviewed December 2021

Garbage

Terrible!

PROS

No pros to this product. The only reason I have kept is it is a pain to move software but not that there are so many more on the market that are better we are switching.

CONS

It was constantly down. Never seemed to be up and running when we needed it especially the app. It never seemed to work right.

Reason for choosing Booker

I didn't they were not out when I purchased booker years ago. My ex partner purchased booker and set it up.

Efraín

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Booker is not what it use to be

So after 4 years of being loyal Booker customers/users and thousands of dollars paid for their lackluster service, we have decided to jump ship and started looking for a more reliable & less restrictive online booking software. We have had our complaints about Booker since day one because of how it is very restrictive on what our spa system administrators are allowed to do. We have always gotten the usual "oh you can not do that because we want to advice our clients on best business practices." Then we will counter by asking the Booker rep if they realized that the actual management team on site at the spa would know what's best for our day to day operations? Which we they always point us to their make recommendations page or they would claim to submit it to their development team, which neither ever received any follow up. So after many attempts to get them to make their system more intuituve and flexible for our day to day operations, we quite frankly gave up and just dealt with the system. And now we have their system performance take a rapid decline, which started well over a year ago. We even purchased new computer systems and increase our internet speeds in hopes of speeding up the system but nope, that didn't help what so ever. Their customer service has also gone to poop, the reps use to be somewhat knowledgeable on how to use Booker and nice. Now they don't seem to care about your issues and pretty much do not accept any responsibility or accountability on behalf of Booker on how the system performance has gone to poop, right along their customer service. Just last night when I inform a rep that we our fed up with the system performance and the numerous temporary "work arounds", that we have no choice but to start looking for another service. They replied with "sorry to hear that, let us know what we can do to help with the transition." Really!?! That was the cherry on top. Booker has failed to realize that we are their loyal paying customers and their poor performance is being transferred on to our loyal paying customers which we will not accept because we do value our loyal customers. So some words of advice to Booker on best business practices, don't screw your customers.

PROS

Lots of features

CONS

Not intuituve or flexible enough for day to day operations. Too many restrictions on in house system administrators. System performance is not good at all.

Efrain - We're sad to hear you're leaving Booker and have been unhappy with the platform. If you're up for it, we'd love more information on which features you find restrictive and how we can address that feedback. Thank you for using Booker for this time. We appreciate your business. Best, - The Booker Team

Replied May 2017